PDA

View Full Version : Rangers are actually good!

davhibby
11-08-2019, 11:49 PM
I’d say this is by far the best rangers team we’ve ever played 😉 They were actually a good team today and not miles ahead of us

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 11:55 PM
8 of their 11 starters also played at least 82 minutes on Thursday away in Denmark, lot of work has evidently been put into their fitness too. I think Celtic have too much depth in quality for Rangers to win the league but they will certainly not be far away.

Navids Numpties
11-08-2019, 11:58 PM
We’re shi te bags. Totally f*****g embarrassing.

Hi Heid Yin
12-08-2019, 12:18 AM
Sevco were physically and mentally sharper, fitter and quicker all over the park.

And not for the first time one or two of our stalwarts looked old, slow, tired and past their sell-by date.

Sadly, I feel we are witnessing the last season as first picks for these same players who have served us well.

Collectively Hibs ran about like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team, or to be fair to The Rangers Tribute Act, they were made to look like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team.

The question has also to be asked: "Is the step-up to the SPL too big for one or two, if not all of Heckingbottoms summer signings?"

Our team was simply outclassed, out-thought, out-fought and ultimately humiliated by a more hungry and vastly superior quality side.

Thank goodness for another inspired Marciano performance. If not for his acrobatics our club would have suffered a double-figure gubbing.

Navids Numpties
12-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Sevco were physically and mentally sharper, fitter and quicker all over the park.

And not for the first time one or two of our stalwarts looked old, slow, tired and past their sell-by date.

Sadly, I feel we are witnessing the last season as first picks for these same players who have served us well.

Collectively Hibs ran about like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team, or to be fair to The Rangers Tribute Act, they were made to look like a naive, disorganised and error-strewn schoolboys team.

The question has also to be asked: "Is the step-up to the SPL too big for one or two, if not all of Heckingbottoms summer signings?"

Our team was simply outclassed, out-thought, out-fought and ultimately humiliated by a more hungry and vastly superior quality side.

Thank goodness for another inspired Marciano performance. If not for his acrobatics our club would have suffered a double-figure gubbing.

Well said. Sadly enough and as embarrassing as it is.

Hibeesmad
12-08-2019, 12:51 AM

If things don’t improve then I think Marciano will be one of the first calling for a move away

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 05:22 AM
They’re a very good side and will push Celtic all the way.

I actually reckon they’re more suited to skelping teams than Celtic are, especially at home. But they’ll also be more likely to drop daft points away from home. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know. But I can see them having a huge goal difference from their home games.

Bangkok Hibby
12-08-2019, 05:28 AM
I agree, Rangers are a much better side this year. I've backed them to win the league.
Still think Hibs will come good and finish third.

Barney McGrew
12-08-2019, 06:00 AM
We were so bad yesterday that it’s pretty difficult to actually tell how good Rangers were.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 06:32 AM
We were so bad yesterday that it’s pretty difficult to actually tell how good Rangers were.

They were very good. We obviously helped them with that but Rangers fans etc seem to think they were outstanding and for once in my life I’d be inclined to agree with them. That’ll be one of the best (if not the best) performances anyone in this league will put in this season.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 06:36 AM
The Rangers have lost their two best players in Candelias and Kent

They had a hard game on Thursday where admittedly they played very well

I actually thought they did us a favour yesterday by resting Freddo and
Arfield

The Rangers side that started looked beatable and a well organised disciplined HIBS side should have given them a good game but we surrendered the midfield through a lack of fight and tracking back allowing a 36 year old two tap ins and a header where for a small guy managed to out jump three six foot plus HIBS players

Fair play to The Rangers but we have to have a serious look at ourselves we made them look good

We cannot afford another performance like yesterday

Sammy7nil
12-08-2019, 06:56 AM
I’d say this is by far the best rangers team we’ve ever played 😉 They were actually a good team today and not miles ahead of us

Did you ever see Gazza Laudrup Albertz Etc :confused:

Sammy7nil
12-08-2019, 06:57 AM
I agree, Rangers are a much better side this year. I've backed them to win the league.

Ha ha

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 06:59 AM

They played for a different club :agree:

Steve20
12-08-2019, 07:03 AM
They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 07:06 AM

Celtic win that

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:06 AM
They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.

Rangers just won 4-2 away in Europe to a very decent side. They’ve swept aside everyone they’ve played so far in Europe and horsed a couple of good sides pre season. They beat Marseille by 4 goals.

Theyre a very good side by Scottish football standards, especially at home where I suspect they’ll tank a lot more sides than Celtic will at Parkhead.

bigwheel
12-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Rangers just won 4-2 away in Europe to a very decent side. They’ve swept aside everyone they’ve played so far in Europe and horsed a couple of good sides pre season. They beat Marseille by 4 goals.

Theyre a very good side by Scottish football standards, especially at home where I suspect they’ll tank a lot more sides than Celtic will at Parkhead.

Callum. You’re trying too hard - Rangers are a good side- but our performance was appalling ...that’s what people are troubled with ..how bad we were ...

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Callum. You’re trying too hard - Rangers are a good side- but our performance was appalling ...that’s what people are troubled with ..how bad we were ...

This threads about how good Rangers are, not how bad we are.

Over the course of the season I’ve no doubt we’ll see that they’re a very good side. They’ll stroll into the groups in the Europa imo.

Bangkok Hibby
12-08-2019, 07:15 AM
Ha ha

Are you laughing at my opinion on Rangers, Hibs, or both?
See you back here in May 2020

neil7908
12-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Hate to say it but yes they are. We were appalling but if we'd put in a performance like that a couple of years ago they would have beat us by a couple of goals rather than 5 going on 10.

The fact they toiled against Kilmarnock the week before shows they aren't impervious but a few teams will be in for a doing this season.

Big thing for me is their depth. They've got a ridiculous number of midfielders and have followed the age old tactic of their previous club by swooping up other SPL players to spend half the time on the bench.

But it means they can play a high intensity game knowing the squad can be rotated if players are tired or pick up knocks.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Hate to say it but yes they are. We were appalling but if we'd put in a performance like that a couple of years ago they would have beat us by a couple of goals rather than 5 going on 10.

The fact they toiled against Kilmarnock the week before shows they aren't impervious but a few teams will be in for a doing this season.

Big thing for me is their depth. They've got a ridiculous number of midfielders and have followed the age old tactic of their previous club by swooping up other SPL players to spend half the time on the bench.

But it means they can play a high intensity game knowing the squad can be rotated if players are tired or pick up knocks.

Pretty much how I see it. There’s no getting away from the fact we were murder yesterday. But their fans are waxing lyrical about their performance and I suspect everyone in our league other than Celtic would have lost by 3 or 4+ yesterday. Some probably by even more.

superfurryhibby
12-08-2019, 07:26 AM

Yes, we were appalling, but Rangers were good and are much improved over the versions we’ve been accustomed to over the past five seasons or so. They’re geared up to compete for the title and will do this season.

bigwheel
12-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Yes, we were appalling, but Rangers were good and are much improved over the versions we’ve been accustomed to over the past five seasons or so. They’re geared up to compete for the title and will do this season.

Yes. As were Celtic the last two seasons - and we managed to beat them ...Rangers are a good side - but a 6-1, going on 10 annihilation, is not acceptable..regardless how good they are

bigwheel
12-08-2019, 07:38 AM
This threads about how good Rangers are, not how bad we are.

Over the course of the season I’ve no doubt we’ll see that they’re a very good side. They’ll stroll into the groups in the Europa imo.

I’m assuming the OP was giving a sense of perspective ..not a eulogy to how good Rangers are...

The game yesterday had two teams in it ...we didn’t compete - against an improved Rangers side - that’s why we got hammered

green with envy
12-08-2019, 07:38 AM
They’re a very good side and will push Celtic all the way.

I actually reckon they’re more suited to skelping teams than Celtic are, especially at home. But they’ll also be more likely to drop daft points away from home. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know. But I can see them having a huge goal difference from their home games.

Would this be on the basis of celtic skelping St Johnstone 7-0 and Motherwell 5-1 in their first 2 league games?

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:41 AM
Yes. As were Celtic the last two seasons - and we managed to beat them ...Rangers are a good side - but a 6-1, going on 10 annihilation, is not acceptable..regardless how good they are

I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s acceptable. The stars aligned yesterday for us to get a doing, it happens. Aberdeen have had a few (maybe not as bad but a lot more frequent) doings from the OF over the last few years as have Hearts (they even got a doing off Livi). They’re the teams we compete with and yet before yesterday we’d had none.

Rangers fans reckon they were outstanding, Hibs fans reckon we were that bad that the manager should get sacked and we had 10 men for most of the second half. Well not be the only team to get our pants pulled down at Ibrox this year.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Would this be on the basis of celtic skelping St Johnstone 7-0 and Motherwell 5-1 in their first 2 league games?

Fair point :greengrin

I think Rangers have more of a gung-ho, don’t take the foot off the gas mentality, especially at Ibrox than Celtic do though. Which again, I know the last two scores would suggest not the case but I think over the course of the season it could prove to be true.. even though I’ve probably no real basis for thinking it :greengrin

500miles
12-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Rangers aren't 6-1 good. Our own stupidity led to that.

chrisski33
12-08-2019, 07:51 AM

Sadly yesterdays result proves they are even if we were gash. With so many shots they could have scored more.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 07:52 AM

They were good enough to beat Marseille 4-0 pre season and win a difficult away tie in Europe 4-2 on Thursday.

Nobody in our league is anywhere near 6-1 good if they’re opponents turn up, including Celtic. They’re definitely 6-1 good if you’re down to 10 men and don’t turn up though. They’re at a level now where you have to turn up when playing away just to make sure you can keep the score down and have half a chance, much like when teams go to Parkhead.

bigwheel
12-08-2019, 07:57 AM
They were good enough to beat Marseille 4-0 pre season and win a difficult away tie in Europe 4-2 on Thursday.

Nobody in our league is anywhere near 6-1 good if they’re opponents turn up, including Celtic. They’re definitely 6-1 good if you’re down to 10 men and don’t turn up though. They’re at a level now where you have to turn up when playing away just to make sure you can keep the score down and have half a chance, much like when teams go to Parkhead.

Marseille also got beat by Accrington Stanley pre season ..those games are meaningless

Rangers are a top side for our league. Tbh. They were the best side I saw last season too. No doubt about that ..but as this is Hibs forum - the result yesterday was as much about how poor we were ...we have beaten better sides than that in recent seasons ..so far. It looks as if we are significantly weaker than last year. Early days, but troubling

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 07:59 AM

Arfield

The Rangers side that started looked beatable and a well organised disciplined HIBS side should have given them a good game but we surrendered the midfield through a lack of fight and tracking back allowing a 36 year old two tap ins and a header where for a small guy managed to out jump three six foot plus HIBS players

Fair play to The Rangers but we have to have a serious look at ourselves we made them look good

Those were not Rangers 2 best players, not even close. Jack, Morelos (who you seen to have affectionately nicknamed freddo?????) and Arfield are much better.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Marseille also got beat by Accrington Stanley pre season ..those games are meaningless

Rangers are a top side for our league. Tbh. They were the best side I saw last season too. No doubt about that ..but as this is Hibs forum - the result yesterday was as much about how poor we were ...we have beaten better sides than that in recent seasons ..so far. It looks as if we are significantly weaker than last year. Early days, but troubling

Our results haven’t been meaningless to a lot of folk, they’ve been used as a stick to beat us with.

I get that this is a Hibs forum and that we were awful yesterday. But this thread specifically is about Rangers and how good they are and I think that needs to be acknowledged for balance when considering what happened yesterday. If you don’t turn up against a team with ten times your budget then you’ll get a doing like that. We’ve been lucky we haven’t done it for a long time. Most other teams in our league, including our two main rivals in Aberdeen and Hearts have had a couple of them in recent years.

We need to suck it up and move on, it’s done. I’m fairly confident of wins in our next two home games which will mean we’ve had a really good start imo.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Celtic and The Rangers will be handing out doings to every team in the league as they fight over the title

It is our job to get as close to them as we possibly can within our budget by hook or by crook and at the same time making sure we are best of the rest by overtaking Aberdeen and Hearts by being better organised on the park and smarter in recruitment

Points are won on the football pitch not in the size of your bank balance

There is a lot of football still to be played it is only week 2 and we have three points

Saying that if we do not bring in quality before 2/9/19 I will start to be concerned

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Those were not Rangers 2 best players, not even close. Jack, Morelos (who you seen to have affectionately nicknamed freddo?????) and Arfield are much better.

Yeah already said they did us a favour by leaving Morelos and Arfield on the bench
Please reread my post
I agree Jack is a very good player
Kent and Candelias were very good players
It is all about opinions I suppose
As others have said what makes you the big football expert?
Did you play at a high level?
Pray pass on the source of your superior knowledge
Edit: Oh and HIBS were pish versus St Mirren especially first half slow and pedestrian

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Yeah already said they did us a favour by leaving Morelos and Arfield on the bench
Please reread my post
I agree Jack is a very good player
Kent and Candelias were very good players
It is all about opinions I suppose
As others have said what makes you the big football expert?
Did you play at a high level?
Pray pass on the source of your superior knowledge
Statistically Kent is worse than Horgan, less goals and assists (obviously stats only go so far but I know you love them)

Candelias hit or miss player, nothing special. Allowed to go without any fuss.

I never claimed to have superior knowledge or play at a high level. Why is that relevant? Mourinho and Sacchi have 4 European cups between them and were hopeless footballers.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Sevco were very good yesterday and we were atrocious, hence a perfect storm of nineteen shots on target against us. One of the most depressing Hibs matches I've ever seen, and that takes some doing, given thirty years watching and some ghastly defeats.

500miles
12-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Freddo is a good nickname for Morelos. His value seems to increase exponentially transfer window, without justification !

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Would take Kent before Horgan any day of the week

Candelias would take him as well he is better than anyone in our midfield apart from Scotty imagine them both in the same team ??

Relevant because other posters have pulled you up on your superior and condescending opinions in other threads too many to remember

Both good Managers but not as good as Stein Shankly Busby Paisley and Ferguson who alas did play the game but just imho of course

I of course respect your opinion as I always do

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 08:31 AM
Yip rangers were good but some of the goals we lost we horrendous, Defoe scoring with a header was possibly the worst for me, that should be bread and butter for mcgregor, gray must also have seen Defoe running in on goal so why not block him. If rangers play like that at home each week they wont lose many but cant see them scoring 6 every week

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Freddo is a good nickname for Morelos. His value seems to increase exponentially transfer window, without justification !
Yip just like the confectionary bar started off 10p then 30p now 50p 😁

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Would take Kent before Horgan any day of the week

Candelias would take him as well he is better than anyone in our midfield apart from Scotty imagine them both in the same team ??

Relevant because other posters have pulled you up on your superior and condescending opinions in other threads too many to remember

Both good Managers but not as good as Stein Shankly Busby Paisley and Ferguson who alas did play the game but just imho of course

I of course respect your opinion as I always do

I get pulled up because I don't include ''just my opinion'' 8 times in my posts like many others. Like, obviously it is my opinion, I'm posting it.

I've never been pulled up by a moderator or admin so I'm not really interested.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 08:55 AM
I get pulled up because I don't include ''just my opinion'' 8 times in my posts like many others. Like, obviously it is my opinion, I'm posting it.

I've never been pulled up by a moderator or admin so I'm not really interested.

No worries mate Keep your hair on Not looking for an argument or to fall out with you You are entitled to your opinion no matter how ill informed it may be After all it is a fans forum and I for one look forward to your posts

There all in the one paragraph was that OK for you? 😁

Swedish hibee
12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
I watched them against the Danish team (nothing else on!) and they were very good. Steven Gerrard is a born winner (even despite that slip) and he seems to have learnt from last year. If they do win the league, I won't be suprised.. but gosh, I really hope not.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 11:16 AM
I watched them against the Danish team (nothing else on!) and they were very good. Steven Gerrard is a born winner (even despite that slip) and he seems to have learnt from last year. If they do win the league, I won't be suprised.. but gosh, I really hope not.

Likewise. Without taking away from how bad we were yesterday I think people are underestimating just how good a side they’ll be this year. They’ll push Celtic all the way yet I’m not sure there’d be the same level of outrage had it been against them in the same circumstances.

Lago
12-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Frankly it could have been 10 - 1 good, Hibs got of lightly.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Likewise. Without taking away from how bad we were yesterday I think people are underestimating just how good a side they’ll be this year.

Much like ourselves, time will tell what the Huns have to offer. They needed an injury time winner against a struggling Killie and drew 0-0 against Progres of Luxembourg. The jury is out, though they should be better, given the money they've invest in the squad again. I don't think they will be good enough over 38 games to win the league.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Much like ourselves, time will tell what the Huns have to offer. They needed an injury time winner against a struggling Killie and drew 0-0 against Progres of Luxembourg. The jury is out, though they should be better, given the money they've invest in the squad again. I don't think they will be good enough over 38 games to win the league.

Celtic win that

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Celtic win that

I think they will as well but i think it’ll be very close. I reckon Rangers will win something this year though.

WeeRussell
12-08-2019, 11:35 AM
I think, as many of us expected, Rangers have improved on last season and we're probably not as good (Allan aside who is an obvious huge improvement). Therefore I don't think the result yesterday would have surprised any of us - but the scoreline and manner of defeat is what's annoying, regardless of how good they are.

Threads on whether our manager should still be here are fairly typical of the knee-jerk (sometimes attention-seeking) reactions on here after one (very) bad result though. Have we ever sacked a manager based on one heavy defeat two games into a season before?

And in my opinion, Rangers won't "push celtic all the way".

Anthony Soprano
12-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Worst Hibs performance since Malmo, would of been more yesterday had it not been for Marciano, Rangers looked very good but should never be getting beat 6-1 of them, we were pedestrian yesterday and crumbled completely after the 3rd goal. McGregor, Hanlon and Whittaker all looked out their depth. Whittaker and Daz simply too old and can't compete against top sides anymore. How Heckingbottom can think this team is ready to compete for top 4 is laughable, too early to make my mind up on him but he certainly isn't filling me with confidence.

Since452
12-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Rangers are very decent i must admit especially at Ibrox. Blew that Danish side away then us. They're flying and cant see them being beaten at home this season.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Worst Hibs performance since Malmo, would of been more yesterday had it not been for Marciano, Rangers looked very good but should never be getting beat 6-1 of them, we were pedestrian yesterday and crumbled completely after the 3rd goal. McGregor, Hanlon and Whittaker all looked out their depth. Whittaker and Daz simply too old and can't compete against top sides anymore. How Heckingbottom can think this team is ready to compete for top 4 is laughable, too early to make my mind up on him but he certainly isn't filling me with confidence.

Watching online yesterday, I actually thought it was worse than Malmo, which is something I had hoped to never say. 6-1 flattered us. Hecky won't be allowed another game like that.

Ronniekirk
12-08-2019, 12:01 PM
It’s still too raw for me to comment Just want the Greenock game to come round and for us to get a win and some self respect back
But with recent performances the new recruits are going to be under scrutiny now and the next t two games are must wins
Do t Care how we do it as long as we win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Defoe is excellent and would get game time at Celtic and probably 3/4 of the EPL. He was my fear.
I suggested to Mrs Iggy before we kicked off yesterday that the Hun line up looked very good in all areas of the park and had better players per position than we did. I didn’t expect the doing we got.
That they did and we were skelped. They are a good bit ahead of us and if we are grabbing one of their developers on loan (as we seem to be) it speaks volumes.

They were far better than us. My wee sparryheid mate at work expects the same belting from Celtic shortly. They scored 5 at this improving Well side let’s not forget. Lots of work to be done amongst the rest of the league to finish 3rd or 4th.

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Malmö isn't even the worst performance in the last 5 years, it wasn't even the worst that season.

I don't think you can really single out individual players yesterday, clearly it was fundamentally wrong as unit.

Smartie
12-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Malmö isn't even the worst performance in the last 5 years, it wasn't even the worst that season.

I don't think you can really single out individual players yesterday, clearly it was fundamentally wrong as unit.

There have been quite a few times under Heckingbottom that we've looked to have been outnumbered in every position on the park. We're done in the middle of the park, doubled up on out wide, we get no support to our strikers, and the opposition seem to have loads of time and space to get shots away when exposed against our centre backs. Quite often a minor tactical shuffle sees us get back into the game but it happens with quite alarming regularity.

Personally I put it down to the hopeless midfield, I think all of our other problems stem from there. If we get this sorted, I don't think our other areas will look nearly as bad.

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 03:47 PM
There have been quite a few times under Heckingbottom that we've looked to have been outnumbered in every position on the park. We're done in the middle of the park, doubled up on out wide, we get no support to our strikers, and the opposition seem to have loads of time and space to get shots away when exposed against our centre backs. Quite often a minor tactical shuffle sees us get back into the game but it happens with quite alarming regularity.

Personally I put it down to the hopeless midfield, I think all of our other problems stem from there. If we get this sorted, I don't think our other areas will look nearly as bad.
There are also quite a few times under Hecky where we have been excellent all over the park and comfortably won the game.

I agree about the midfield. Mallan is a huge problem and offers next to nothing other than a few decent free kicks.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 03:52 PM
There are also quite a few times under Hecky where we have been excellent all over the park and comfortably won the game

What games were these?

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 03:57 PM

Huns will win the league. I’m not actually that fussed if they do either. Ten in a row shows how **** this league is. Lennons meltdown will be fun too.

erin go bragh
12-08-2019, 04:07 PM
This thread is the boak . The Rangers spending money like the old Rangers did . Sevco 2 coming soon . We were brutal but at 1-2 , we had a 10 min spell before the red card . Putting on another striker for Allan was a crazy decision by PH .
Had Slivka been the sub ,I don’t think we would have this thread .

I_Love_Latapy
12-08-2019, 04:08 PM
I thought that Rangers were the best visiting team I saw at ER last season.

Cant stand some of the players (nor any of the bigotry) but the way they swarmed forward, created overloads on both wings and carved open our defence was much more impressive than Celtic’s possession football IMHO.

Smartie
12-08-2019, 04:15 PM
There are also quite a few times under Hecky where we have been excellent all over the park and comfortably won the game.

I agree about the midfield. Mallan is a huge problem and offers next to nothing other than a few decent free kicks.

What games were these?

In fairness to him it does happen quite often.

Rangers at home on March. - destroyed in the first half, tactical tweak before half time and we were on top of them in the second half, unlucky not to go on and win a game we weren't even second best in.

Arbroath a few weeks ago (I know, I know) I thought we looked like a solid unit and I could see what he was trying to do.

Heckingbottom's Hibs pre-split played some very good stuff and got good results.

And I agree about Mallan. The annoying thing is he can't be totally useless as he has the occasional stormer (Celtic at home pre-Christmas) but he's the constant in an ineffective unit.

California-Hibs
12-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Yes they are, really.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 09:34 PM
I thought that Rangers were the best visiting team I saw at ER last season.

Cant stand some of the players (nor any of the bigotry) but the way they swarmed forward, created overloads on both wings and carved open our defence was much more impressive than Celtic’s possession football IMHO.

Likewise. They play by far the most attractive brand of football in our league. So much pace and power and attacking intent. And this season they look even better than they did last year imo.

Not sure they’ll win the league but I think they’ll spank more teams than Celtic will over the season.

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Celtic weren't far better last season with Rogers never mind now.

The_Horde
12-08-2019, 09:36 PM

Arfield

Candieas was nowhere near Rangers' best player. They got rid of him for a reason!

They've lost a good player in Kent but signed more than 1 good player to replace his quality. They'll give Celtic at least a fright this season and are more than capable of a challenge for the league.

SideBurns
12-08-2019, 09:46 PM
They're clearly (at least) the second best side in the country. However, they were close to dropping 2 points at Killie in the first game of the season. Suddenly they look like world beaters against a Hibs side who don't seem capable of putting a tackle in until they get within 25 yards of our goal. Funny that.

Glory Lurker
12-08-2019, 10:04 PM
There’s been talk about need for perspective. I agree. TRFC struggled to beat Killie last week. They are a good team, no doubt, but 6-1, going on 12-1 good? Nah. We gave them that. Obviously I hope we put it behind us so that by October we’ve forgotten about it, but to suggest yesterday’s shocker was down to how good TRFC are isn’t valid, imho.

Captain Trips
12-08-2019, 10:10 PM
F+++ The Rangers

Tobias Funke
12-08-2019, 10:13 PM

Obviously not. It’s nowhere near the best Hun team we’ve encountered. Even the pre liquidation version were a better side. Idiotic comment by the OP.

Captain Trips
13-08-2019, 04:13 PM
They caught us on a day we ****ed up monumentally in our approach so thats on us. I have no fear in playing them if we go about it in right manner, im not so impressed with them. But as i say ++++ The rangers

Jim44
13-08-2019, 04:51 PM
I hate Sevco. I hate Celtic. I’m indifferent to Gerrard. I don’t have a lot of time for Lennon and grudge him the glory that another successful year for Celtic will give him. I don’t really want to see Celtic chalk up another clean sweep, so, much as it pains me to say it, I hope Sevco win the league ( assuming we won’t feature ).

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2019, 04:58 PM
I hate Sevco. I hate Celtic. I’m indifferent to Gerrard. I don’t have a lot of time for Lennon and grudge him the glory that another successful year for Celtic will give him. I don’t really want to see Celtic chalk up another clean sweep, so, much as it pains me to say it, I hope Sevco win the league ( assuming we won’t feature ).

Reported :greengrin

Jones28
13-08-2019, 05:11 PM
They were good but I’ve just stolen myself to watch the highlights and **** me, no team should be conceding the goals Defoe scored. Abysmal defending for all three, especially the last. Doidges tracking back, the midfield literally nowhere and 2 of our best players in the air were beaten by a 5 foot nout striker.

Really dreadful stuff. I hope that puts an end to the Hanlon/Mcgregor partnership as they haven’t got the pace between them. Fine for cover is Daz but I would look to Jackson and Porteous to be taking over the reigns.

Keith_M
13-08-2019, 05:25 PM
...Putting on another striker for Allan was a crazy decision by PH .
Had Slivka been the sub ,I don’t think we would have this thread .

That was stupidity of the highest order.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Rangers a minute away from a draw at Kilmarnock, then they spank us 6 going on 10. Down to our manager and his team being clueless on the day.

Sevco are decent, but they didnt need to be anything other than ok to beat a team devoid of guile, tactic or energy.

It's a good job we managed to get game time into everyone's legs during our fantastic pre season.