PDA

View Full Version : Bottle and fear Mr Heckingbottom

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 10:50 PM
One thing I think almost all Hibs fans expect irrespective of the opposition in Scotland is that Hibs have a go.

We expect to go to Glasgow and roll up the sleeves and set up to let either Celtic or Sevco know that your going to be working if you want win.

Does it always work? Of course not but that is what we look for no fear at Hibs. You seem to have brought a fear into the club when playing either of these teams and I for one do not like it.

Both of them are beatable so start showing some ambition here against all teams. We are not making up the numbers we need to be competing at the top end and giving teams something to think about.

Nothing less than taking the match to Morton will do and that must continue into next games. I think we can all handle a defeat when we know we gave it a bloody good go.

The events today at Ibrox were weak, scared and inept. Not good enough so make sure you sort it.

hibbie02
11-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Exactly! When was the last time we got hammer that badly by the Hun? Despite the discrepancy in finances and facilities, we have always managed to keep within touch of the Uglies. Today showed that we have lost the competitive edge, the ability to compete and the fight. We are supposed to have built on the Cup win and yet we have gone backwards ever since. Where is the ambition, the money and the ability to compete?

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 10:58 PM
Exactly! When was the last time we got hammer that badly by the Hun? Despite the discrepancy in finances and facilities, we have always managed to keep within touch of the Uglies. Today showed that we have lost the competitive edge, the ability to compete and the fight. We are supposed to have built on the Cup win and yet we have gone backwards ever since. Where is the ambition, the money and the ability to compete?

The ability to compete better player wise IMO was there in the squad however in order to compete this has to be done in changing room before kick off as this is where we win or lose this game. PH IMO chucked this one down the drain.

hibbie02
11-08-2019, 11:00 PM
The ability to compete better player wise IMO was there in the squad however in order to compete this has to be done in changing room before kick off as this is where we win or lose this game. PH IMO chucked this one down the drain.

Where was that ability exactly?

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Where was that ability exactly?

We have players in the squad more than capable of causing problems if they are playing and deployed properly.

Just Jimmy
11-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Celtic in the Scottish cup last year set the tone for me.

he set us up and it was the most pathetic performance against them I could remember for years.

I'm not wanting him sacked by any means but I will say, he best learn that we don't roll over to teams before a ball is kicked or he'll be gone sharpish.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

majorhibs
12-08-2019, 12:11 AM

he set us up and it was the most pathetic performance against them I could remember for years.

I'm not wanting him sacked by any means but I will say, he best learn that we don't roll over to teams before a ball is kicked or he'll be gone sharpish.

Bad day that yin in the Scottish against tic. But he was there 5 mins. Today I’m not really in the mood for forgiveness. That is simply not good enough for Hibs v sevco. That should be a final written warning. Act together & no repeats or adios!

FilipinoHibs
12-08-2019, 12:11 AM
I thought he was reckless. At 2-1 down with us reduced to 10 men he puts on a second striker and plays 2 upfront leaving us exposed at the back. We are lucky to be still in the game at half time. At 2-1 if we played it tight with a 4-5 we could have stolen a goal on the break or from set piece. Instead we played 4-3-2 and Rangers stretched us and pulled us all over the park.

Newall is a lightweight that you cant carry in an away game against the Old Firm. Doidge lacks the quality and control to play upfront on his own. Should have started with Kamberi and Slivka.

This defeat is down to Heck - some of his signings, tactics and use of subs.

Hi Heid Yin
12-08-2019, 02:38 AM
I feel that we might( and I stress might) have our very own "Harry Potter" on our hands

Heckingbottom appears to be haunted by the same demons as Craig Levein, where fear of the opposition and of conceding a goal and/or losing a game dictates his approach and his footballing philosophies.
This fear is transmitted to the players, and where there is fear there is inhibition and doubt and error-strewn individual and collective performances, such as we witnessed at Ibrox yesterday.
Players need to believe in their managers game plan, that it will work, but when it quickly unravels as it did in the Sevco capitulation, individual and collective belief can disappear rapidly and be replaced by doubt and resignation to defeat.

I genuinely hope that my "Potter" analogy is wrong and that I end up with egg on my face as our manager goes on to send out a team that entertains me with an exciting, gung-ho-esque, Lennon-ish brand of football, devoid of fear and inhibition and crammed full of belief.

Tom Hart RIP
12-08-2019, 09:49 AM
I remember the 7-0 Gazza yellow card game at Ibrox. That was a big wake up call and we beat Hearts a few days later. Hopefully history will repeat itself

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 09:53 AM

:aok:

If Lenny was Manager we would have won that day

Sat back played with fear and gave Broony the freedom of Easter Road

Giveusagoal!
12-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Hecky lies down against the Huns and Celtic. Always at Er and Ibrox and Parkhead we have ALWAYS had a go. He set's up to draw and play defensive football and its absolutely brutal to watch. I'd rather watch butcher or Fenlon football.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Hecky lies down against the Huns and Celtic. Always at Er and Ibrox and Parkhead we have ALWAYS had a go. He set's up to draw and play defensive football and its absolutely brutal to watch. I'd rather watch butcher or Fenlon football.

Yup, that’s what it is, he lies down. He deliberately lets them win. You’ve worked him out.

Swedish hibee
12-08-2019, 11:04 AM
10 men at Ibrox is a hell of a tough place to be. Add to that goal keeping errors (I know he also made wonderful saves & saved us) and then defence errors from our experienced players- it was a very, very bad day. But we will recover. I have no doubt.

calumhibee1
12-08-2019, 11:05 AM
10 men at Ibrox is a hell of a tough place to be. Add to that goal keeping errors (I know he also made wonderful saves & saved us) and then defence errors from our experienced players- it was a very, very bad day. But we will recover. I have no doubt.

Yup, 10 men at Ibrox when they’re putting on what more than a couple of Rangers fans reckon is potentially their best performance since before liquidation.

Giveusagoal!
12-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Yup, that’s what it is, he lies down. He deliberately lets them win. You’ve worked him out.

He's done it on 4 occasions? Rangers at home last season. Celtic twice at home and now Rangers away. Also 1 nil up at easter road against hearts and he changes tactics. Guess what happened... we went on to draw that game. Take the hecky tinted specs off and smell the roses. Things will only get worse.

Wee Effen Bee
12-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Why don’t you all pop along to EM and let him know he lies down to the OF? Sometimes other teams play better and we can’t get enough of the ball to have a go. Now we have Harry Potter, brilliant! 😣

Onion
12-08-2019, 11:30 AM

THIS. Hibs approach to that game was a disgrace and by all accounts yesterday was more of the same. He's acting like a stereotypical, lower league English manager who's knowledge of the game up here is limited to what he's seen/read in BBC London or in the English press - it's a 2 team system, with others lucky to have the chance to play them.

Biggie
12-08-2019, 12:15 PM
THIS. Hibs approach to that game was a disgrace and by all accounts yesterday was more of the same. He's acting like a stereotypical, lower league English manager who's knowledge of the game up here is limited to what he's seen/read in BBC London or in the English press - it's a 2 team system, with others lucky to have the chance to play them.

Not just that, I just don't think he "gets" Scottish football...its close them down, harass them, chase this, chase that.....pressure, pressure, pressure.
Possibly his "boys" that he signed are used to a more laid back approach and this is a huge culture shock to them ?
Doidge ?......aye I'll just saunter over here, or there.....no son, get a rocket up your arse and get stuck in.

Huge wake up call yesterday.....they better get the message or the fans won't miss them.

WillowbraeHibby
12-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Not just that, I just don't think he "gets" Scottish football...its close them down, harass them, chase this, chase that.....pressure, pressure, pressure.
Possibly his "boys" that he signed are used to a more laid back approach and this is a huge culture shock to them ?
Doidge ?......aye I'll just saunter over here, or there.....no son, get a rocket up your arse and get stuck in.

Huge wake up call yesterday.....they better get the message or the fans won't miss them.

The pace, and physicality of the Scottish game will not be for some. The new lads will have to adapt very quickly, there is no hiding place on the park.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Bad day that yin in the Scottish against tic. But he was there 5 mins. Today I’m not really in the mood for forgiveness. That is simply not good enough for Hibs v sevco. That should be a final written warning. Act together & no repeats or adios!

Just Jimmy is bang on … I was at Easter Road that day as I am at practically every home game and I was beside myself with, if not rage, then certainly extreme annoyance as I watched us hand that cup tie to Celtic on a plate with as cowardly a performance as I had seen from a Hibs team in years.

Majorhibs noted that Heckingbottom had just been in the door 5 minutes for that game, but the truth is that he has set us up against both ugly sisters the same way ever since and its only been through a reasonable amount of good fortune that we haven't been spanked by either one or both at Easter Road up until now .. every time we have played them we have been outplayed by a distance and both Sevco and Celtic have missed a hatful of chances to score in those games.

The difference between Heckingbottom and both Stubbs and Lennon seems to be that in the big matches he doesn't trust his players to be able to go toe to toe with the uglies as both previous managers did and prefers the age old maxim of get everybody behind the ball and hope to score on the break or from the odd set piece. That's an attitude I had hoped to never see again from Hibs teams against the big clubs after we had proved that taking the game to them works just as well, if not better when you see the results we managed under Stubbs and Lennon.

Whatever folk think I'm willing to bet 99% of us would rather lose 5 - 2 giving it a bloody go than witness the inept capitulation we had to suffer on Sunday.

jacomo
12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Whatever folk think I'm willing to bet 99% of us would rather lose 5 - 2 giving it a bloody go than witness the inept capitulation we had to suffer on Sunday.

Yeah, I’d probably take 5-2 over 6-1 although, just to be clear, neither is a good result.

Captain Trips
12-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Just Jimmy is bang on … I was at Easter Road that day as I am at practically every home game and I was beside myself with, if not rage, then certainly extreme annoyance as I watched us hand that cup tie to Celtic on a plate with as cowardly a performance as I had seen from a Hibs team in years.

Majorhibs noted that Heckingbottom had just been in the door 5 minutes for that game, but the truth is that he has set us up against both ugly sisters the same way ever since and its only been through a reasonable amount of good fortune that we haven't been spanked by either one or both at Easter Road up until now .. every time we have played them we have been outplayed by a distance and both Sevco and Celtic have missed a hatful of chances to score in those games.

The difference between Heckingbottom and both Stubbs and Lennon seems to be that in the big matches he doesn't trust his players to be able to go toe to toe with the uglies as both previous managers did and prefers the age old maxim of get everybody behind the ball and hope to score on the break or from the odd set piece. That's an attitude I had hoped to never see again from Hibs teams against the big clubs after we had proved that taking the game to them works just as well, if not better when you see the results we managed under Stubbs and Lennon.

If we gave it a good go IMO we would not have lost 5-2 we may not even have lost. But I do get what you are saying