PDA

View Full Version : Stewards at Ibrox

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Heard from several people that one of them attempted to headbutt a Hibs fan and they were apparently celebrating the goals whilst supposedly ‘protecting’ our fans. Surely the fans reps need to bring this up for further discussion and have this investigated.

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 07:21 PM
That's absolutely horrendous.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Heard from several people that one of them headbutted a Hibs fan and they were apparently celebrating the goals whilst supposedly ‘protecting’ our fans. Surely the fans reps need to bring this up for further discussion and have this investigated.

Funny nobody mentioned that at the game. If that had happened inside the ground it would have kicked off.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Funny nobody mentioned that at the game. If that had happened inside the ground it would have kicked off.

Apparently happened towards the front of the stand, video circulating around twitter of police stepping in afterwards

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Apparently happened towards the front of the stand, video circulating around twitter of police stepping in afterwards

Can you share the clip?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:29 PM

Can honestly say I never seen anything, not saying it didn't happen right enough.

SteveHFC
11-08-2019, 07:29 PM
https://twitter.com/Sean_Nicol/status/1160584161553465344?s=20

Greencore
11-08-2019, 07:31 PM
So did the steward headbutt or not then?

Hibs90
11-08-2019, 07:31 PM
So did the steward headbutt or not then?

That tweet says attempted.

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Hes a horrible old **** so it wouldnt surprise me. Embarrassment the way he acts everytime we are through there. Odious wee man like everyone associated with that club

Kojock
11-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Shows nothing except Hibs fans arguing with Police.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Typical Glesca Polis nothing happened let’s arrest the HIBS fan wi the Edinburgh accent

frazeHFC
11-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Same steward that's always celebrating their goals and generally winding up Hibs fans. Hibs fan jumps the barrier, arrested, Rangers fan jumps the barrier, asked nicely to climb back over.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Typical Glesca Polis nothing happened let’s arrest the HIBS fan wi the Edinburgh accent

You do realise theres no such thing now? Officers can be drafted from anywhere to police matches now.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-08-2019, 07:36 PM
**** of the earth hun.

SChibs
11-08-2019, 07:37 PM

It was kicking off somewhat at the game.

Kojock
11-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Same steward that's always celebrating their goals and generally winding up Hibs fans. Hibs fan jumps the barrier, arrested, Rangers fan jumps the barrier, asked nicely to climb back over.

Why jump the barrier?

green&left
11-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Never saw anything like a headbutt and I was only 5 rows from the front. The mutant with the boots on is an orange **** (a proper sash wearing one), the old bassa a few games back was flashing his old season card about and the fat one I'm gonna guess is a Hun just by looking at him. Strange to have staunch Huns stewarding the away end.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 07:40 PM
You do realise theres no such thing now? Officers can be drafted from anywhere to police matches now.

Everyone knows that Police Scotland is just an extension of the Glasgow Gestapo they even wear the same uniforms 😁

SaulGoodman
11-08-2019, 07:41 PM
It was kicking off somewhat at the game.

Aye, we kicked off 7 times.

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2019, 07:42 PM

You are determined for this to be made up eh? Have a day off.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Happened right in front of me. The Steward in question, like a number of them was behaving like a twat. He went nose to nose with a young fellah but there was no head butt. There was chaos for a bit afterwards and the polis calmed things to an extent.
Steward No 138 he was and definitely guilty of misconduct, assuming he is indeed there to help keep some order. Easily reported. Garrison Security Services. The polis had a word with him. He was picking on a young fellah and might have had his features rearranged quickly if the bloke in the row behind had succeeded in getting closer to him. His fat **** mate alongside him had the sense to stay a few steps back.

Most of the Hibs row in front of me to the left of this incident though were complete and utter ****ing ********s.
If you’re reading this and feel the need to make the sign of the cross a thousand times in an hour and a half, then there are plenty of other places to spend your Sunday. You’re as bad as those pricks above and all around us today. One or two need to get your left and right sorted first though. Embarrassing behaviour.

SaulGoodman
11-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Happened right in front of me. The Steward in question, like a number of them was behaving like a twat. He went nose to nose with a young fellah but there was no head butt. There was chaos for a bit afterwards and the polis calmed things Romanextent.
Steward No 138 he was and definitely guilty of misconduct, assuming he is indeed there to help keep some order. Easily reported. Garrison Security Services. The polis had a word with him. He was picking on a young fellah and might have had his features rearranged quickly if the bloke in the row behind had succeeded in getting closer to him. His fat **** mate alongside him had the sense to stay a few steps back.

Most of the Hibs row in front of me to the left of this incident though were complete and utter ****ing ********s.
If you’re reading this and feel the need to make the sign of the cross a thousand times in an hour and a half, then there are plenty of other places to spend your Sunday. You’re as bad as those pricks above and all around us today. One or two need to get your left and right sorted first though. Embarrassing behaviour.

Most fitting autocorrect award goes to... :greengrin

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Happened right in front of me. The Steward in question, like a number of them was behaving like a twat. He went nose to nose with a young fellah but there was no head butt. There was chaos for a bit afterwards and the polis calmed things Roman extent.

Well said, a few trumpets in our support today, some trying to start a chant of Union bears, watch the stairs....:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
11-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Why jump the barrier?

No need to, but seen it at goals in previous games. Just highlighting how the punishment varies depending on what team you support.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Most fitting autocorrect award goes to... :greengrin

Oops.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Well said, a few trumpets in our support today, some trying to start a chant of Union bears, watch the stairs....:rolleyes:

Surely not. That's horrendous.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:53 PM

It wasn't a disaster it was great

Mrs Mercer has a real meal for one

Brutal.

11-08-2019, 07:55 PM
The hibs support are simply not welcome at Ibrox. A disgusting club and post 21/05/16 we seem to be fair game. They couldn’t make it more unpleasant and hostile if they tried

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 07:59 PM

Trips to Ibrox now are bloody awful. I’m not sure which way to look at times. Per head, the amount of fuds around are remarkable. And those same two Hun NF ****wits in the stand overhead of us are allowed to come and drape their banners (often the right way up) with the sole intention of provoking the fans below them. And it works as a lot of those fans below cannot help themselves. These Hun ****ers don’t even sit in those seats. They appear 10mins before kick off and again at half time before ****ing off back to where they started.
We’ve a bit of rope and several disinterested stewards and polis keeping the name callers apart at ground level. None of the name callers watch the game and prefer to use their fingers to gesticulate in ever more creative ways.
The spectating experience at this fixture is seriously ****ed. More so than it has been at any time in the 40 years I’ve been attending it anyway.

TAHibby
11-08-2019, 08:10 PM
It wasn't a disaster it was great

Mrs Mercer has a real meal for one

Brutal.

Load of nonsense about Ricksen as well. Wish you could inform the parents of these silly wee boys that their kids are mocking someone suffering from motor neuron disease

Keith_M
11-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Trips to Ibrox now are bloody awful. I’m not sure which way to look at times. Per head, the amount of fuds around are remarkable. And those same two Hun NF ****wits in the stand overhead of us are allowed to come and drape their banners (often the right way up) with the sole intention of provoking the fans below them. And it works as a lot of those fans below cannot help themselves. These Hun ****ers don’t even sit in those seats. They appear 10mins before kick off and again at half time before ****ing off back to where they started.
We’ve a bit of rope and several disinterested stewards and polis keeping the name callers apart at ground level. None of the name callers watch the game and prefer to use their fingers to gesticulate in ever more creative ways.
The spectating experience at this fixture is seriously ****ed. More so than it has been at any time in the 40 years I’ve been attending it anyway.

Have to agree with that, and it applies to both sets of supports.

I actually have a feeling that the idiots in the Hibs support are part of some organised group. There's a large group of younger pretendy casuals, and a small group of older guys that join in with them. They sing songs about the Ibrox disaster, the queen, the 'Ra' and whatever else they think can possibly offend, cross themselves and wave tricolours in the direction of the home fans.

There was also some much older (maybe about 60 y/o), fat, gray-haired fan-dan in Row M wearing an Irish Rebel scarf and constantly shouting something like 'Go home British *********s'

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Last time I visited Ibrox was in the Stubbs era, I witnessed an elderly woman who took who I assumed was her grandson to the game with her, get hit several times by flying drinks and coins. Can’t stand those vile *******s.

BS44
11-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

franck sauzee
11-08-2019, 08:17 PM

I actually have a feeling that the idiots in the Hibs support are part of some organised group. There's a large group of younger pretendy casuals, and a small group of older guys that join in with them. They sing songs about the Ibrox disaster, the queen, the 'Ra' and whatever else they think can possibly offend, cross themselves and wave tricolours in the direction of the home fans.

There was also some much older (maybe about 60 y/o), fat, gray-haired fan-dan in Row M wearing an Irish Rebel scarf and constantly shouting something like 'Go home British *********s'

And then get massively offended when obviously The Rangers fans start singing Rule Britannia and such nonsense back at them. Do think we have a growing minority of idiots that want to join in with all the bigoted nonsense. Also seems to be on the rise with Hearts. Never known it before in all my time supporting Hibs but hopefully its stops

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure what words were being sung but I also heard a few of our fans singing something to the same tune as the song that was sung by some Celtic fans a few years ago about Lee Rigby, when the huns unfurled their flag about him before the game.

Hopefully it wasn't the same words.

ForeverHibs
11-08-2019, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure what words were being sung but I also heard a few of our fans singing something to the same tune as the song that was sung by some Celtic fans a few years ago about Lee Rigby, when the huns unfurled their flag about him before the game.

It was mate, get it up them

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Load of nonsense about Ricksen as well. Wish you could inform the parents of these silly wee boys that their kids are mocking someone suffering from motor neuron disease

Aye thats right, something about doing a wheelie in his wheel chair. Sick ****s.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 08:29 PM

They unfurled the same utterly pointless flag today again. Lee Rigby obviously having been a committed ICF man and all that. “Never forget”. “ Never forgive”.
Away and **** off with that.
It’s madness and it’s everywhere around you.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

Aye, seen the links. Poor show as usual at Ibrox.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 08:30 PM

:confused: Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the streets of the UK?

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 08:31 PM
:confused: Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the streets of the UK?

Don’t make it about this for goodness sake.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Are you condoning a chant about a soldier who was brutally murdered in cold blood on the streets of London? Or have I completely misunderstood your post? Sorry if I have.

ForeverHibs
11-08-2019, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Sir David Gray;5882588]:confused: Get it up who exactly?

Surely you don't support the singing of a song that mocks the death of a British soldier in a terrorist attack on the

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 08:34 PM
They unfurled the same utterly pointless flag today again. Lee Rigby obviously having been a committed ICF man and all that. “Never forget”. “ Never forgive”.
Away and **** off with that.
It’s madness and it’s everywhere around you.

The flag is just contrived nonsense, as is the rest of their faux allegiance to Queen and country that they all try to get behind but regardless of the merits of the flag, it's more the reaction of some Hibs fans that I am getting at.

If they were singing the song that I think they were (and someone on here has already apparently confirmed that they were) then it's an utter disgrace.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Get it up every rangers fan that worships that ****

Wow!

Thread closed in 3 2 1...

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 08:39 PM
And here it goes. We enter a debate amongst us about a terrorist murder several hundred miles south of Glasgow and one that that had nothing to do with football, peculiarly in common with so many acts of terrorism. I’m betting Lee Rigby had never heard of the ICF or Walter Smith. It’s another bout of point scoring that ends pointless anyway.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 08:41 PM
The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.

CentreLine
11-08-2019, 08:45 PM
The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.

Hopefully people will not use this as an excuse for whataboutery. No place for this crap whatsoever, either at a game or on this forum.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 08:47 PM
The flag is just contrived nonsense, as is the rest of their faux allegiance to Queen and country that they all try to get behind but regardless of the merits of the flag, it's more the reaction of some Hibs fans that I am getting at.

If they were singing the song that I think they were (and someone on here has already apparently confirmed that they were) then it's an utter disgrace.

It’s a predictably childish response to a childish (and meritless by the way) act of provocation. Nothing else. None of them are children though, at least not outside the brain area.

By the way, when one of the flags was unfurled above us back to front and upside down it was a genuinely humorous moment met with a much more human reaction. Laughter. More of that would be good.

Aim Here
11-08-2019, 08:50 PM

There were Glesca Polis filming the argument from the very back of the stand. Not sure whether anything will get done and I dunno if they were filming when the alleged attempted headbutt took place, but at least they did *something*.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 08:54 PM
It’s a predictably childish response to a childish (and meritless by the way) act of provocation. Nothing else. None of them are children though, at least not outside the brain area.

By the way, when one of the flags was unfurled above us back to front and upside down it was a genuinely humorous moment met with a much more human reaction. Laughter. More of that would be good.

I actually think the flag is really tasteless and I think the family of Lee Rigby would be quite annoyed that his name is being used in this way. However that's a problem for Rangers to address.

My concern is Hibs and the conduct of our supporters and I think the song is more sinister than simply just childish.

If this is the sort of nonsense we're going to be trotting out at these games then I'm out as I don't want associated with any of it.

BILLYHIBS
There were Glesca Polis filming the argument from the very back of the stand. Not sure whether anything will get done and I dunno if they were filming when the alleged attempted headbutt took place, but at least they did *something*.

👍🏾

Times have moved on since 1973

Bet nothing gets done same outcome

Iggy Pope

The polis were fine today as far as I could see. I spoke to one of them and he was clearly exasperated. I’m no fan of them but Spider-Man couldn’t do much about the hysteria that goes on. Hard enough keeping an eye on thousands of nutters without policing the ****ing stewards as well!

HibeeMassive
11-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
I actually think the flag is really tasteless and I think the family of Lee Rigby would be quite annoyed that his name is being used in this way. However that's a problem for Rangers to address.

My concern is Hibs and the conduct of our supporters and I think the song is more sinister than simply just childish.

If this is the sort of nonsense we're going to be trotting out at these games then I'm out as I don't want associated with any of it.

Quite annoyed?
Anyway, aye you’ve said about your disgust. It’s not for debate really. I don’t see the merit in over analysing the behaviours. They don’t all behave like this outside the match day so why during it.
People need to grow the **** up.

Carheenlea
11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyXZ8Sks/DD11077-D-F6-BE-447-D-97-CA-F2-CDA5-C58745.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.

All of this is true.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyXZ8Sks/DD11077-D-F6-BE-447-D-97-CA-F2-CDA5-C58745.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

He is obviously a wind up merchant who is a threat to the safety of spectators. Fan reps please can we have this brought up to those who can do something about it.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 09:07 PM
He is obviously a wind up merchant who is a threat to the safety of spectators. Fan reps please can we have this brought up to those who can do something about it.

Come on, its a bit pathetic eh.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 09:12 PM

He is instigating violence at a football match, a place where people should feel safe when watching their team play football. With all the problems going on over the last year and the efforts to stop it, this guy really isn’t helping matters is he.

He’s getting paid to protect fans, not to cause a riot.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:14 PM
That will be the guy sacked then. He hardly ****in shot someone. If I was stewarding Easter Road against they ****s I would slyly get it up then too if we are winning. Too many precious souls, no danger this would have been an issue had we taken something today in fact the old geezer would have been mocked.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:14 PM
He is instigating violence at a football match, a place where people should feel safe when watching their team play football. With all the problems going on over the last year and the efforts to stop it, this guy really isn’t helping matters is he.

He’s getting paid to protect fans, not to cause a riot.

Did he stand there with a megaphone signing the billy boys?

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Did he stand there with a megaphone signing the billy boys?

No, but if other posters are correct he was face to face with a spectator with a clenched fist. But if that’s okay, then so be it.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:18 PM
No, but if other posters are correct he was face to face with a spectator with a clenched fist. But if that’s okay, then so be it.

If he did that aggressively then he deserves to be told off, definitely. What if the boy he allegedly went face to face with said something offensive to the guy and he’s retaliated? Massive mock outrage mainly due to him being a hun and they skelped us.

11-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Not missed a game at Ibrox for a few years and today and witnessed some absolute I don’t know how to describe in our support. Not even watching the game. Iggy agree with u.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Having our own stewards at high profile games is an excellent suggestion Carheenlea. The OF do it and bus them in, why not Hibs. These Garrion ****ers don’t police the away Car Park At Ibrox, G4S do. Probably a good idea too as I wouldn’t fancy the chances of any of those yellow jacket plebs who were in front of me today if faced with a Car Park full of Hibs.

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2019, 09:21 PM
That will be the guy sacked then. He hardly ****in shot someone. If I was stewarding Easter Road against they ****s I would slyly get it up then too if we are winning. Too many precious souls, no danger this would have been an issue had we taken something today in fact the old geezer would have been mocked.

Spot on.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 09:22 PM
If he did that aggressively then he deserves to be told off, definitely. What if the boy he allegedly went face to face with said something offensive to the guy and he’s retaliated? Massive mock outrage mainly due to him being a hun and they skelped us.

If you go to a football game as a steward working in front of a support where you know there is fierce rivalry- celebrating goals and wearing a teams shirt flaunting it about then you are asking for trouble.

The guy is instigating violence. Fact.

Torto7
11-08-2019, 09:54 PM
They're Scotland's KKK. The dregs of society. Lovers of all thing supremacist.

They died in 2012 but the cowardice of the authorities(including our own) allowed the tribute act to continue to be a meeting point for the bigots in society.

If they don't win something this year and the sports direct situation sees their finances spiral out of control(fingers crossed) then there will be mayhem even worse than we've seen before.

onthefence
11-08-2019, 10:04 PM
My 64 year old family member said he would struggle to attend another away game due to the younger generation of fans. He said to the left of the Hibs fans rangers had a Lee Rigby Banner and a miniorty sang about him in a disgusting manner. The next one was a song that sounded like the tune of fields of athenry with words about David gray which followed with “f*** the UDA in it” then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

Now I fully expect to take abuse for this even though I don’t feel I should. My family member has attended hibs games home and away for 50+ years and was deeply saddened to hear this today. According to him it was a minority and was the section where the drum was coming from.

(I posted this on what must have been the wrong thread and was told it was being discussed on this one already.)

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 10:16 PM
My 64 year old family member said he would struggle to attend another away game due to the younger generation of fans. He said to the left of the Hibs fans rangers had a Lee Rigby Banner and a miniorty sang about him in a disgusting manner. The next one was a song that sounded like the tune of fields of athenry with words about David gray which followed with “f*** the UDA in it” then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

Now I fully expect to take abuse for this even though I don’t feel I should. My family member has attended hibs games home and away for 50+ years and was deeply saddened to hear this today. According to him it was a minority and was the section where the drum was coming from.

(I posted this on what must have been the wrong thread and was told it was being discussed on this one already.)

You shouldn't get any abuse for this at all. I heard bits of the UDA song (as you say, to the tune of The Fields of Athenry) from some of the young team as they got off their bus and I just shook my head. Later on inside the ground, I then heard what I feared was the song about Lee Rigby. It seems that I did hear correctly.

Make no mistake, these chants are every bit as repulsive as the chants/songs that we criticise the huns for singing.

I'm going to give away games like this a miss from now on if that's what it's going to be like. No need for it at all.

KDY Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Aye, we kicked off 7 times.

Lol.....

onthefence
11-08-2019, 10:24 PM
You shouldn't get any abuse for this at all. I heard bits of the UDA song (as you say, to the tune of The Fields of Athenry) from some of the young team as they got off their bus and I just shook my head. Later on inside the ground, I then heard what I feared was the song about Lee Rigby. It seems that I did hear correctly.

Make no mistake, these chants are every bit as repulsive as the chants/songs that we criticise the huns for singing.

I'm going to give away games like this a miss from now on if that's what it's going to be like. No need for it at all.

Yes it’s a real shame if this is creeping into the song book. I go to maybe 4/5 Hibs games a season so not a lot but can say I’ve never heard this sort of thing before. Was shocked to hear of this today.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Yes it’s a real shame if this is creeping into the song book. I go to maybe 4/5 Hibs games a season so not a lot but can say I’ve never heard this sort of thing before. Was shocked to hear of this today.

So after 50 years of supporting hibs your family member will struggle to go to games anymore based on a couple of songs today and that just happened to happen less than a month after joining up proclaiming to sit on the fence. Talk about timing! How’s that for a coincidence.

onthefence
11-08-2019, 10:32 PM
So after 50 years of supporting hibs your family member will struggle to go to games anymore based on a couple of songs today and that just happened to happen less than a month after joining up proclaiming to sit on the fence. Talk about timing! How’s that for a coincidence.

confused if your saying I’m making this up even with others confirming they have heard this to?

Just Jimmy
11-08-2019, 10:32 PM
So after 50 years of supporting hibs your family member will struggle to go to games anymore based on a couple of songs today and that just happened to happen less than a month after joining up proclaiming to sit on the fence. Talk about timing! How’s that for a coincidence.as I said...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

onthefence
11-08-2019, 10:34 PM

Also he said he will struggle to take himself to away games from now not ALL games.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 06:16 AM
The steward did go nose to nose with the Hibs fan not sure if there was a thrust of his head though, Police saw it and did nothing. I was directly in line with it albeit a few rows back and saw it clearly. There was also a Rangers fan, blue hat and white top with Union flag on it, who stood with his back to the game for 90 minutes getting in Hibs fans face. Again completely ignored. Another steward was moved away from the area just after kick off for mouthing off at Hibs fans.

On the flip side the songs about 'mind the stairs' and Lee Rigby are a ****ing disgrace and, minority or not, totally remove our ability to take any kind of moral high ground. If 700 Hibs fans can enjoy a few beers, watch the game and behave reasonably then there's no reason why 900 can't.

Geo_1875
12-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Also he said he will struggle to take himself to away games from now not ALL games.

So after 50+ years following Hibs he must have suffered the same abuse and indignity we have endured in Glasgow for as long as I can remember. Suddenly a few Hibs fans being dicks has put him off?

percy veer
12-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Do you ever support hibs or their fans in anyway, think your a bit of a wind up merchant like the odious chap above.

DH1875
12-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Funny how its always only a minority of our support who sing these **** songs and yet this minority always seem to get tickets for Ibrox and the PBS when descent fans miss out.

green with envy
12-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I had the misfortune to be amongst some the younger fans below the singing section yesterday only to hear a few of the plebs sing about David Murray's disability. I'd be surprised if they even knew who he was.

norhfc
12-08-2019, 09:32 AM
A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.
Strange how there is never any evidence from anybody making these allegations.

Togs91
12-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I had the misfortune to be amongst some the younger fans in the singing section yesterday only to hear a few of the plebs sing about David Murray's disability. I'd be surprised if they even knew who he was.

And a few 'i hope you die in your sleep steven gerrard', seems to be a point scoring for who can come up with the most vile chant.

green with envy
12-08-2019, 09:34 AM
A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.

Were you at the game yesterday?

bringbackbenny
12-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Multiple fans reporting hearing odious songs, does that not count as evidence? Maybe next time you can ask them to carry Dictaphones so you can personally be satisfied.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Were you at the game caller?

Future17
12-08-2019, 09:53 AM

Speaks the authority on wind-up merchants.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Were you at the game caller?

You were and didnt see the alleged headbutt incident so why the smart comment to the poster

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 10:16 AM

I can't speak for others but what do I have to gain from lying about what I heard?

Rangers fans hung a banner over the stand about Lee Rigby, a handful of Hibs fans sang he '**** Lee Rigby, he won't be drumming anymore'. Some Rangers fans started leaving early, a handful of Hibs fans sang 'Union Bears, mind the stairs'. It would be a pretty sick thing to make up, almost as bad as actually singing it.

I can't stand the 'whataboutery' that exists in Scottish football. It's a key reason for nothing getting done about Sectarianism and other bigotry. 'Aye but the other lot are worse' is just a cop out. What we as a support and club can influence is our own fans behaviour and I have no time for anyone singing that crap. It's straight out the gutter and we should be dealing with it rather than pretending it didn't happen or excusing it because Rangers fans are worse.

Sean1875
12-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Wasn't at the game yesterday but already know exactly who the chants would have been coming from, regularly seem to be at it on away days. Were singing about Fernando Ricksen outside the Wotherspoons in Livingston at the end of last season for some reason.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2019, 11:16 AM

I can assure you some fans sung about Lee Rigby and some other ditty about the UDA to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. I personally didn't hear the songs about David Murray or the Union Bears but if it's the same people who sung the other songs then I have no reason to doubt these songs were sung.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying and I am not in the business of making things up. This is a public forum which is open to anyone to view so I've no doubt that non Hibs fans have read these posts. Why would I want the club I love dragged through the mud for the sake of posting a few made up rumours?

SteveHFC
12-08-2019, 11:55 AM
I can assure you some fans sung about Lee Rigby and some other ditty about the UDA to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. I personally didn't hear the songs about David Murray or the Union Bears but if it's the same people who sung the other songs then I have no reason to doubt these songs were sung.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying and I am not in the business of making things up. This is a public forum which is open to anyone to view so I've no doubt that non Hibs fans have read these posts. Why would I want the club I love dragged through the mud for the sake of posting a few made up rumours?

Also heard songs about the UDA.

j'adorehibs
12-08-2019, 12:08 PM
some of the young team are totally cringe worthy, In the row in front of me one lad about 18 basically stood and had interjections with rangers fans on the other side of the netting for the whole game, how the woman police officer standing right next to him managed to not punch him i'll never know he was so annoying. was sad watching our support crossing themselves, kissing st christophers/crosses , singing F the uda etc etc .

Pretty Boy
12-08-2019, 12:16 PM
some of the young team are totally cringe worthy, In the row in front of me one lad about 18 basically stood and had interjections with rangers fans on the other side of the netting for the whole game, how the woman police officer standing right next to him managed to not punch him i'll never know he was so annoying. was sad watching our support crossing themselves, kissing st christophers/crosses , singing F the uda etc etc .

I was laughing at the guys blessing themselves. It's amazing how many seemingly devout Catholics appear in our support when we go to Ibrox. I was at 9.30 Mass on Sunday morning before the game yet didn't feel the need to bless myself at a football match a few hours later. I wonder how many of those doing so where also present at Mass at some point over the weekend.......

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 12:34 PM
You were and didnt see the alleged headbutt incident so why the smart comment to the poster

You’ll need to trust me on this. There was no headbutt. Plenty of inappropriate behaviour but no actual bodily harm perpetrated.

BILLYHIBS
12-08-2019, 12:37 PM

Roasters

Jumbo
12-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Also heard songs about the UDA.

The song about the UDA was a pretty decent attempt at song about cup final, but why they thought adding that would give to it !!!
Never heard the stairs song, but Lee Rigby, Ricksen and David Murray songs were sung 😡

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 12:40 PM

You’d need to have been blind not to see the fools giving it all the imagery. I did suggest to one of them he had to wise up on which shoulder he should touch first whilst making the sign of the cross but filming the **** on my phone? Nah.

There’s not too many allegations flying about on here either. 900 witnesses were there to most of this *****. Wind up merchandising seems to be something we are good at though.

.Sean.
12-08-2019, 12:41 PM
What a bunch of fannies

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 12:56 PM

The older guys are the young guys very creepy groomers.
The Gary Glitters of Easter Road if you will.
There should a law against it :wink:

SideBurns
12-08-2019, 12:58 PM
It'd be sad in the extreme if we have a group of fans determined to be a mirror image of the Jambo junior billy boys who embarrass the decent number in the Hearts support.

The 'Mrs Mercer' song that sprung up last season was bad enough; if they've added songs about Ricksen, Rigby etc they've reached new depths.

Keith_M
12-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Are you saying I'm a liar?

How about this as an idea; you go to Ibrox next time and find out for yourself..... or at least listen to those of us that have actually been and are sickened by the behaviour of a group of so-called Hibs 'Supporters'.

Keith_M
12-08-2019, 01:11 PM
... then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

I had the misfortune to be standing a few feet away from that pillock in the first half.

He needs a serious regime of counselling for his personal issues.

sean04
12-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Why the ****** would hibs fans sing songs about Lee rigby? He was in the armed forces and murdered in the street. Absolutely disgusting. Get they wee fannies out our support. ****

Keith_M
12-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Why the ****** would hibs fans sing songs about Lee rigby? He was in the armed forces and murdered in the street. Absolutely disgusting. Get they wee fannies out our support. ****

I actually think it's time for decent fans to have a campaign of some kind to get this stopped.

I made my feelings heard last time we went to Ibrox but was on my own and threatened with violence for my trouble.

If the decent parts of our support got together and made it clear that they're not wanted, that would help.

Greenbeard
12-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Aye very good. In which case you'd be due the boot too. Stewards are there to do a job. I don't think winding up visiting fans will be written into their remit - unless strictly as something NOT to do.

sean04
12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
I actually think it's time for decent fans to have a campaign of some kind to get this stopped.

I made my feelings heard last time we went to Ibrox but was on my own and threatened with violence for my trouble.

If the decent parts of our support got together and made it clear that they're not wanted, that would help.

It's unacceptable. I know hibs fans that have been in different parts the military and they would be very angry with the Lee rigby songs. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Aye very good. In which case you'd be due the boot too. Stewards are there to do a job. I don't think winding up visiting fans will be written into their remit - unless strictly as something NOT to do.

It’s probably one of the reasons I don’t work as a steward then isn’t it?

Stewards are there to do a job, many of a time they do it badly. This is only a major thing because of the result yesterday and the steward in question instead of being ripped if we won has got a reaction because of the drubbing.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 01:26 PM
It's unacceptable. I know hibs fans that have been in different parts the military and they would be very angry with the Lee rigby songs. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

The songs are deplorable. Interested to know too what your acquaintances might make of the ICF Huns attaching themselves to his name for the the purposes of provocation. Not whataboutery. Just interested as I don’t think he was a Rangers fan and his name is getting thumped about and that’s tragic.

sean04
12-08-2019, 01:33 PM
The songs are deplorable. Interested to know too what your acquaintances might make of the ICF Huns attaching themselves to his name for the the purposes of provocation. Not whataboutery. Just interested as I don’t think he was a Rangers fan and his name is getting thumped about and that’s tragic.

Who's it meant to provoke? Bottom line is He was a member of our armed forces who was murdered in the street by a brainwashed terrorist.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Who's it meant to provoke? Bottom line is He was a member of our armed forces who was murdered in the street by a brainwashed terrorist.

I’ve no pictures but his name across a flag or two that the owners went out of their way to unfurl above the away fans, to yes,provoke a reaction serves what purpose? It’s ****ing pathetic.
Why is the mans name relative to football, Rangers or the Inter City Firm I’m asking. Thousands of victims of terrorism out there, why are these nut jobs using his name as their imprint?
And they got the reaction they wanted from the fellow morons below them. Bottom line.

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 01:42 PM
I had the misfortune to be standing a few feet away from that pillock in the first half.

An idea for you guys for the next game

https://www.canstockphoto.com/office-prank-with-kick-me-message-on-64961169.html

Antifa Hibs
12-08-2019, 01:48 PM

Was clearly unfurled as an act of provocation - not that anyone really gave a **** tbh. After that they then had a para's flag with soldier F supporters or some pish written across it (Feel for Rigby's and his family - hope soldier F dies a lonely old man in jail FWIW)

sean04
12-08-2019, 01:48 PM
I’ve no pictures but his name across a flag or two that the owners went out of their way to unfurl above the away fans, to yes,provoke a reaction serves what purpose? It’s ****ing pathetic.
Why is the mans name relative to football, Rangers or the Inter City Firm I’m asking. Thousands of victims of terrorism out there, why are these nut jobs using his name as their imprint?
And they got the reaction they wanted from the fellow morons below them. Bottom line.

I wasn't there but have seen the flag before. Dunno if it's linked with that tommy Robinson boy because jumped on it when it happened. Dunno why hibs fans would react to it. We all know what you get when you go thru there. 1 of the reasons I haven't been in a long time. Singing they types of songs makes us as bad as them

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 01:54 PM

The bottom line is he was a kid from England who was murdered in the street because of his occupation.
The bottom line is that the kids death will have destroyed his family and friends
The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of his family and friends. The bottom line is they are all childish morons who could not spell empathy never mind display it.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 01:59 PM
You’ll need to trust me on this. There was no headbutt. Plenty of inappropriate behaviour but no actual bodily harm perpetrated.

I believe there wasnt, that wasnt the point I was making

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 02:02 PM
I wasn't there but have seen the flag before. Dunno if it's linked with that tommy Robinson boy because jumped on it when it happened. Dunno why hibs fans would react to it. We all know what you get when you go thru there. 1 of the reasons I haven't been in a long time. Singing they types of songs makes us as bad as them

I said as much as that on this thread yesterday though. I’m wondering what the military types you spoke about might make of his name being used like it is, that’s why I asked. To me, it’s to be condemned, removed. The singing has already been condemned. Like I said, I’m not totting up. The whole situation yesterday was embarrassing, farcical, stupid. I hate the Huns and I must have been to Ibrox 50 or 70 times I’ve no idea, but yesterday I came away thinking the whole 90 minute event there has passed me by. Not sure I’ll be back there soon. And if any of these bams in our support sat near me at ER I would be getting something done. But I doubt they behave like that anywhere except Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 02:03 PM
The bottom line is he was a kid from England who was murdered in the street because of his occupation.
The bottom line is that the kids death will have destroyed his family and friends
The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of this kids family and friends. The bottom line is they are all morons.

Thank you sir.

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 02:17 PM

The cops must get tired dealing with the overexcited

sean04
12-08-2019, 02:18 PM
The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of this kids family and friends. The bottom line is they are all childish morons who could not spell empathy never mind display it.

You expect that nonsense from them! Just don't want our support stooping to there levels

.Sean.
12-08-2019, 02:19 PM
There’s a tiny, tiny minority who seem determined to turn us into a mini Celtic, had a falling out on a Facebook page a few weeks back and was rounded upon by a few of them as I had the audacity to question their IRA crap that was being pedalled under a Hibs name on the page.

Apparently ‘my type’ isn’t welcome at Easter Road. Not welcome at Easter Road even though I’ve followed Hibs for 25 year, as I have no real interest in 19th century Irish politics and I don’t want to hear Celtic party songs at games :hilarious

Singing about Lee Rigby, Ibrox Disaster, Ricksen and David Murray? How wannabe Celtic can you get. I don’t know if it’s more embarrassing, cringeworthy or just sickening but it’s just as rank as any that pish Rangers supporters sing.

Jonnyboy
12-08-2019, 02:25 PM

I was nearby too, Keith. Almost right behind him and the guy came across as being seriously unhinged.

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 02:43 PM
You expect that nonsense from them! Just don't want our support stooping to there levels

Sadly I expect that behaviour from cretins amongst the football supporters of 4 teams in Scotland including ours.

Mick O'Rourke
12-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
That will never change even if the title does.
Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem:greengrin

:flag:

Iggy Pope
12-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
That will never change even if the title does.
Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem:greengrin

:flag:

I’ve remarked on this thread already, the polis were fine yesterday. There was no polis issue yesterday that I seen. And I’ve seen a few.

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 04:25 PM
My own experience of the Hibs away support is that it contains two distinct groups.
The first group is the folk who love football and supporting Hibs in particular. They are driven to see every Hibs game they can. They are all ages, men and women of every background who live all things Hibs. I love speaking to most of these folk and feel a real kinship with them. They are everything that is positive about supporting your team.

The second group tend to be far less interested in football and Hibs and much more interested in themselves. In real life they are no marks and Hibs away games are an opportunity to group together with other losers and draw attention to themselves in any way they can. They cause nausea for any poor sod who lives in the area and is unfortunate enough to come across them as they make their way to and from the game, peeing in inappropriate places as they go. At the stadium they tend to miss much of the game and can be seen pointing, gesticulating and at a couple of games a season waving a flag at their fellow halfwits in the opposing support. They also like to sing the most obnoxious attention seeking songs they can think of, a bit like when you were 9 and thought you would impress your mates and get their approval by swearing a lot. I wish these guys mothers had paid them more attention so that they didn't have to seek the approval of other unfortunate adults with the same issues whilst in the presence of the first group above.

I don't go to Ibroke anymore, can't think of anything worse. No way of keeping away from a'holes.
Rangers a'holes above you and Hibs a'holes near you. No escape.
Makes me think of the Stealers Wheel song which you will know.

"A'holes to the left of me
A'holes to the right
Here I Am
Stuck in the Middle of Turnip Heids"

The easiest way for Hibs to weed out these morons is for the club to send representatives to gather evidence of unacceptable behaviour at away games, thereafter identify those involved and then inform them they are banned from Easter Road and cancel their season tickets. No need to involve the courts. Simply banned as folk are from pubs when they are dicks.

As a bonus the bottle/flare throwers etc are probably from the same group, so in one simple swoop our club could quickly and easily rid itself of our most embarrassing and tedious attention seekers.
At that point we could then get on our moral high horse and complain with confidence about the supporters of the blue, green hooped and maroon teams.

Salisbury Hibby
12-08-2019, 05:00 PM
The Rangers fans were chanting Hibees and Jet Skis don't go as well.I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I asked a Rangers fan about him today. They all love him and that big huddy he stewards with because he let's them drink Bucky during the game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkBoy that died in Ibiza (or Maga maybe)

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Boy that died in Ibiza (or Maga maybe)

Trinidad & Tobago

PatHead
12-08-2019, 06:21 PM
I was at the match yesterday and never saw the trouble though I was aware of an "incident" near the front I never had a clue what it was about. I also never heard any of the songs our supporters were meant to be singing so can only assume that it was a very small minority.

On a separate point I noted that they didn't really indulge in sectarian singing apart from one Follow, Follow which petered out when the naughty words were due.

I was right up the back on the left hand side of our support.

JimBHibees
12-08-2019, 06:24 PM
There’s a tiny, tiny minority who seem determined to turn us into a mini Celtic, had a falling out on a Facebook page a few weeks back and was rounded upon by a few of them as I had the audacity to question their IRA crap that was being pedalled under a Hibs name on the page.

Apparently ‘my type’ isn’t welcome at Easter Road. Not welcome at Easter Road even though I’ve followed Hibs for 25 year, as I have no real interest in 19th century Irish politics and I don’t want to hear Celtic party songs at games :hilarious

Singing about Lee Rigby, Ibrox Disaster, Ricksen and David Murray? How wannabe Celtic can you get. I don’t know if it’s more embarrassing, cringeworthy or just sickening but it’s just as rank as any that pish Rangers supporters sing.

Couldn't agree more they need punted out of the club. Nothing at all to do with Hibs or football, embarrassing.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 06:24 PM
I was at the match yesterday and never saw the trouble though I was aware of an "incident" near the front I never had a clue what it was about. I also never heard any of the songs our supporters were meant to be singing so can only assume that it was a very small minority.

On a separate point I noted that they didn't really indulge in sectarian singing apart from one Follow, Follow which petered out when the naughty words were due.

I was right up the back on the left hand side of our support.

You didn’t hear Hullo Hullo either??

CMurdoch
12-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Boy that died in Ibiza (or Maga maybe)

Thanks for that.

I was thinking Kirsty MacColl had been a big Hibbee

PatHead
12-08-2019, 06:29 PM
You didn’t hear Hullo Hullo either??

No. Maybe I am just that used to it that I don't notice it nowadays. Certainly was a lot tamer than previous times. Always seems to be worse when we have a Catholic manager though.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Thanks for that.

I was thinking Kirsty MacColl had been a big Hibbee

It would be about the Hibs fan that died in Trinidad & Tobago when we played over there. Heard Hearts fans sing about it as well

Sir David Gray
12-08-2019, 06:38 PM
No. Maybe I am just that used to it that I don't notice it nowadays. Certainly was a lot tamer than previous times. Always seems to be worse when we have a Catholic manager though.

They definitely sung The Billy Boys.