PDA

View Full Version : Post match interviews

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Has there been any post match interviews from the management or players yet?

badabing67
11-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Not seen anything yet

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Not seen anything yet

I'm not on social media so normally get it from here. Fingers crossed we hear something soon enough.

norhfc
11-08-2019, 05:39 PM
It’s on now, doesn’t fill me with any optimism for the rest of the season tbh. A wake up call apparently.

Crab apple
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM
His pre-match comments worried me so goodness knows what he'll come out with post match. Talking about being a work in progress suggested to me he was getting his excuses in early.

AgentDaleCooper
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM
i've not seen anything, and tbh i would really like to hear what heckingbottom has to say, it doesn't matter if we were down to 10 men, loosing 6-1 to rangers is unacceptable. it's our worst result in the league since 2012, which does not bode well at all for our direction.

massive work to be done.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Just watched it

Looks like a broken man

Has the 200 yard stare already

Kept saying it was a “ wake up call”

Speedway
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM
His post match comments were very weak.

All philosophy, no evidence.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM
The Englishman was most concerned with the opening part of the game as he accused his team of being too "passive".

"You could break it into three parts for me," Heckingbottom said. "The first, start of the game, for 35 minutes we were second best so that's what set the tone for the game.

"We got back into it through our goal and could make some changes at half-time. We were comfortable then, you were thinking about different things then the sending off totally changes the game.

"That's not to say we deserved anything out the game but it was in three bits for me.

"We started on the back foot where we were poor and Rangers were good which made it difficult for us. We sort of got through that, good bit of quality for our goal, our first bit of quality. It gives you a chance.

"The start of the second half I was pleased, the sending off made it tough. We didn't retain the ball well enough and that is where we got punished.

"The shape isn't the reason we conceded more goals. Us losing the ball in silly areas and us not defending properly is the reason we conceded more goals.

"That's a ten men thing. The first part of it when it was 11 v 11 is the bit where we were second best for long spells, we were a bit too passive. I could sit and give Rangers all the credit in the world but I'm more bothered about us an how we approach it."

07BigD
11-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Hopefully some of the old guard will go through these new boys and get it in their heads that this is not acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
11-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Hopefully some of the old guard will go through these new boys and get it in their heads that this is not acceptable.

Why would they? They're every bit as culpable.

hibee_girl
11-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Stevie G saying we just met Rangers on a bad day today

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/one-i-would-have-been-proud-of-rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-waxes-lyrical-about-scott-allan-s-assist-1-4981452

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 05:58 PM

The old guard were just as much to blame today as anyone else.

JohnM1875
11-08-2019, 06:00 PM
https://youtu.be/CoTPcARhlRw

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM
The Englishman was most concerned with the opening part of the game as he accused his team of being too "passive".

"You could break it into three parts for me," Heckingbottom said. "The first, start of the game, for 35 minutes we were second best so that's what set the tone for the game.

"We got back into it through our goal and could make some changes at half-time. We were comfortable then, you were thinking about different things then the sending off totally changes the game.

"That's not to say we deserved anything out the game but it was in three bits for me.

"We started on the back foot where we were poor and Rangers were good which made it difficult for us. We sort of got through that, good bit of quality for our goal, our first bit of quality. It gives you a chance.

"The start of the second half I was pleased, the sending off made it tough. We didn't retain the ball well enough and that is where we got punished.

"The shape isn't the reason we conceded more goals. Us losing the ball in silly areas and us not defending properly is the reason we conceded more goals.

"That's a ten men thing. The first part of it when it was 11 v 11 is the bit where we were second best for long spells, we were a bit too passive. I could sit and give Rangers all the credit in the world but I'm more bothered about us an how we approach it."

Sounding a wee bit like someone else we could not understand. He was regarded as visionary by some at first as well.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Post match interview and game synopsis was cloud cuckoo land stuff - embarrassing. He and the players should be posting an apology on the main site to the fans that travelled and had to witness that.

Hiber-nation
11-08-2019, 06:05 PM
It's becoming clearer that our good run last season was more to do with Marc McNulty than Paul Heckingbottom.

mcfly
11-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Wow not one mention of an apology to the 800 or so fans who made the trip to watch that pathetic display.

Disappointing

He has to turn this around and fast.

If those players turn up like that in the first derby not willing to fight for everything then Hecky is gone

RossScott1991
11-08-2019, 06:07 PM
I can’t be bothered even listening to it. Atleast Lennon would apologise for that showing, and Cliff just annoys me even more by skirting round the hard hitting questions. Load as p*sh, learn nothing from these interviews.

Speedway
11-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I can’t be bothered even listening to it. Atleast Lennon would apologise for that showing, and Cliff just annoys me even more by skirting round the hard hitting questions. Load as p*sh, learn nothing from these interviews.

Cliff’s got no choice. He can’t attack the manager on the official channel.

bingo70
11-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Post match interview and game synopsis was cloud cuckoo land stuff - embarrassing. He and the players should be posting an apology on the main site to the fans that travelled and had to witness that.

It’s not, his synopsis is right imo.

The way the team was set up and the summer transfer window has caused our problems today but that doesn’t mean his assessment was wrong.

Speedway
11-08-2019, 06:12 PM

The way the team was set up and the summer transfer window has caused our problems today but that doesn’t mean his assessment was wrong.

Brilliant. He can correctly assess why he and his team have got sore ***** tonight.

Just what I’m looking for from the manager.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Stevie G saying we just met Rangers on a bad day today

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/one-i-would-have-been-proud-of-rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-waxes-lyrical-about-scott-allan-s-assist-1-4981452

Just watched Gerrards YouTube interview and fair play to him, gives nice praise and mention to Allan, Mallan and Horgan

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I know its only words but not a thing thanking or apologising to the 900 hibs fans who travelled through is poor.

bingo70
11-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Brilliant. He can correctly assess why he and his team have got sore ***** tonight.

Just what I’m looking for from the manager.

I don’t disagree with you.

That doesn’t mean his analysis of that 90 minutes was wrong though.

BoomtownHibees
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Is that the “old guard” of Gray, Daz, Hanlon and Whitty that played most of the 2nd half today?

smithy_hibees
11-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Just watched Gerrards YouTube interview and fair play to him, gives nice praise and mention to Allan, Mallan and Horgan

Mallan was shocking

Speedway
11-08-2019, 06:34 PM
I don’t disagree with you.

That doesn’t mean his analysis of that 90 minutes was wrong though.

I accept that.

We don’t need a manager to correctly assess why we were shafted though.

We need a manager whose team doesn’t get shafted.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Mallan was shocking

Simply can’t play in the same midfield with Allan. I’d drop him for Slivka.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:38 PM

At no time in that game were we comfortable as he suggests - and we could have been 5 down before we scored. We scored against the run of play and totally capitulated after the 3rd goal. It's not a 'wake up call' either. Against any side you should be awake and up for it - Hibs started slowly, ended in a collapse, and in the middle there was absolutely nothing to enjoy or give any hope that this side has the ability to beat other good sides in this league (on the evidence of pre-season, League Cup and the two league games).

For him to also suggest the squad is more 'balanced' pre-game is nonsense. The midfield is the weakest it's been in 5 years and we have little or no pace on the flanks. We're also having to resort to playing an ageing Whittaker at full back and have no decent left back cover for Lewis. That is not 'balanced' - it's very poor recruitment (which isn't just down to PH).

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Easy to do when you've just pumped the opposition 6-1.

chrisski33
11-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Every interview ive heard of PHs i leave feeling uninspired. How on earth does he inspire the players??

Joe6-2
11-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Every interview ive heard of PHs i leave feeling uninspired. How on earth does he inspire the players??

He obviously doesn’t

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 07:08 PM

It’s because he’s the most beige manager we’ve had since Colin Calderwood.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 08:22 PM
I'll say it till im blue in the face, we were utterly spoilt when we got Lennon as manager. Record points total, beating Hearts, Rangers, Celtic etc, brilliant football.

I still have faith for the season and hope we turn today around, but it does give me a bit of satisfaction to remind certain Lennon haters of previous times!

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 08:24 PM
I'll say it till im blue in the face, we were utterly spoilt when we got Lennon as manager. Record points total, beating Hearts, Rangers, Celtic etc, brilliant football.

I still have faith for the season and hope we turn today around, but it does give me a bit of satisfaction to remind certain Lennon haters of previous times!

We can only hope that we can re-create that good feel factor sooner rather than later

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 08:29 PM
We can only hope that we can re-create that good feel factor sooner rather than later

Only Leeann stepping up and telling us the direction we are going, and Ron's (apparent) wealth will do that - this side is dreadful. Both are conspicuous by their absence this season. Money needs spent - simple as that. If you buy a club and make promises, you have to deliver. We failed to sign our two 'top targets' - that in itself is a huge worry.

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 08:31 PM

It was the right time for lennon to go. Just as it was the right decision for fenlon to go all those years ago. Just because their replacement might not go as intended doesnt mean it wasnt the right call at the time

Lennon had us 8th when he left, regularly acted like a fanny on the side line, showed zero respect to his employers when he was threatening to leave every time we went to tynie and bullied players. The brilliant football is a myth. Apart from 5 months it was bog standard to average. The record points total means nothing either when you think that previous hibs managers could only get 2 points for a win. All he did was finish 4th. John Hughes done the same job.

bingo70
11-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Only Leeann stepping up and telling us the direction we are going, and Ron's (apparent) wealth will do that - this side is dreadful. Both are conspicuous by their absence this season. Money needs spent - simple as that. If you buy a club and make promises, you have to deliver. We failed to sign our two 'top targets' - that in itself is a huge worry.

The good news is though that everyone we did sign wants to be here.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 08:32 PM

His last season wasn’t pretty

Best no go there been done to death on here many times

B.H.F.C
11-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Ever since things started going a bit downhill last year, Leeann has been very quiet. It doesn’t sit right with me. Leaders should lead at all times, not just be there to do the PR when things are going well. I think it all feels a bit odd.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 08:45 PM
His last season wasn’t pretty

Best no go there been done to death on here many times

His demeanor and passion is something we badly miss with Heckingbottom.

bingo70
11-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Ever since things started going a bit downhill last year, Leeann has been very quiet. It doesn’t sit right with me. Leaders should lead at all times, not just be there to do the PR when things are going well. I think it all feels a bit odd.

Feels like the club is in a bit of a transition just now, not just the team.

I know Ron has said all the right things to people currently employed at the club but he’s just spent £6m on what he believes is an under performing club, is he really going to be happy drifting along with the same people in charge?

I personally think he’s probably using this period to assess things before bringing his own people in.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 08:49 PM

The good times were good but he never recovered from the defeat at Tiny

Got suckered by Potters mind games didnae want to be here lost the plot and worked his ticket the only time he had a plan B 😂

Niffy
11-08-2019, 08:53 PM
It's becoming clearer that our good run last season was more to do with Marc McNulty than Paul Heckingbottom.

Last season we didn’t win in our last 5 or 6 games.

Hiber-nation
11-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Last season we didn’t win in our last 5 or 6 games.

I know that. His form tailed off then.

BoyledEgg
11-08-2019, 08:59 PM
I know its only words but not a thing thanking or apologising to the 900 hibs fans who travelled through is poor.

Mackie should be the first one to apologise.

NOLA
11-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Feels like the club is in a bit of a transition just now, not just the team.

I know Ron has said all the right things to people currently employed at the club but he’s just spent £6m on what he believes is an under performing club, is he really going to be happy drifting along with the same people in charge?

I personally think he’s probably using this period to assess things before bringing his own people in.

Nevio Scala

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
11-08-2019, 09:19 PM

:top marksDitto!

Radium
11-08-2019, 09:27 PM

We had 4 months of blistering football under Lennon, the rest was drab. Too many draws and was happy to blame everyone else.

Will always remember the conflicting emotions; 3-0 up against TRFC was absolutely superb; praying for the floodlights to fail again at rugby park was torturous.

Next 5 games tells us what PH has built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Exactly.

Whatever you want to call it, Lennon had it, Heckingbottom doesn’t.

It can’t be coincidence that so many of us find him uninspiring. The team performs exactly the same way.

The club wanted safe and steady but got boring and dull instead.

Hi Heid Yin
11-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Exactly.

It can’t be coincidence that so many of us find him uninspiring. The team performs exactly the same way.

:agree:

Since452
12-08-2019, 09:06 AM

Don't disagree with any of that

Since452
12-08-2019, 09:08 AM

This team would have given Lennons 8th place 2 wins in 17 team the run around

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Exactly.

Lennon also got into bother, got banned, started allegedly bullying players.

Since452
12-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Mackie should be the first one to apologise.

Correct

JOD
12-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Lennon would not have had any hibs team going to Ibrox or parkheid for that matter and lost 6-1simple as that.
This just feels like the bad old days with hibs being bullied all over the park.
Trouble is that it is all self inflicted.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Lennon would not have had any hibs team going to Ibrox or parkheid for that matter and lost 6-1simple as that.
This just feels like the bad old days with hibs being bullied all over the park.
Trouble is that it is all self inflicted.

Was it only the OF he made sure the score got kept down in? I remember a 4-1 doing at Aberdeen around Christmas and another at Killie when we were desperate for the lights to stay off so we’d get another crack.

Fact is every team gets a doing on occasion - even Celtic.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Was it only the OF he made sure the score got kept down in? I remember a 4-1 doing at Aberdeen around Christmas and another at Killie when we were desperate for the lights to stay off so we’d get another crack.

Fact is every team gets a doing on occasion - even Celtic.His Celtic team got a doing tonight at Darkheid and hes getting lambasted on social media for playing their best midfielder at Left Back. Good to see the lenny lotto when it comes to team selections is alive and well.

Think some are forgetting how bad we were under Lennon for most of last season. Not convinced on Hecky yet but he deserves a chance to turn things around...like he did last season after inheriting the Lennon mess.

But we need to see a vast improvement on Sunday over the next 4 or 5 matches that's for sure

Hi Heid Yin
13-08-2019, 11:30 PM

I agree: Gerrard said a few nice things about our players and in particular Allan's threaded pass for our goal.

I genuinely don't think he was patronising us either, which some might accuse him of after the tanking we took.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2019, 05:33 AM
https://youtu.be/CoTPcARhlRw

He talks some sheite, they moved the ball quicker than us and pressed better than us, these are things we can do.

Naw we dont, we've seen no evidence of that AT ALL since you signed your team.:confused:

Ardenttwo
14-08-2019, 06:23 AM

100% agree Something is not right. Only time we hear Dempster now is to ask our fans to fork out yet more money. Lately I have had me family at hospitality and paid a small wedge of cash into HSL as well as my ST. What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard. Dempster might react when she is sitting in the directors box looking at crowds of 10,000 or less the way things are going

J-C
14-08-2019, 06:42 AM
Stubbs and Heckingbottom are the blue print of the type of coach Hibs want, Lennon wasn't. I'm led to believe Lennon approached us for the job and we thought it too good an opportunity not to go for it but Lennon is a volatile character which proved his undoing. Stubbs had an eye for a player and an excellent assistant in Doolan who got the club, Heckingbottom talks a good game, was an average player and I feel is Cathroesque with his over use if tactics, laptops etc, it looks great on paper but he's unable to convert it onto the pitch.

Northernhibee
14-08-2019, 11:39 AM
What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard.

I’d check your tickets, I don’t think you’re turning up to Hibs if that’s the case.

The 90+2
14-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Stubbs and Heckingbottom are the blue print of the type of coach Hibs want, Lennon wasn't. I'm led to believe Lennon approached us for the job and we thought it too good an opportunity not to go for it but Lennon is a volatile character which proved his undoing. Stubbs had an eye for a player and an excellent assistant in Doolan who got the club, Heckingbottom talks a good game, was an average player and I feel is Cathroesque with his over use if tactics, laptops etc, it looks great on paper but he's unable to convert it onto the pitch.

I thought the opposite, that Lennon was sitting enjoying his gig for the BBC in Paris when we approached him and he eventually took over when the tv role was finished? I do agree though he seems to be against the blueprint the club has for the club. If that works and we didn’t fluke Stubbs fitting like a glove is another matter I suppose.

Lago
14-08-2019, 11:52 AM
He talks some sheite, they moved the ball quicker than us and pressed better than us, these are things we can do.

Naw we dont, we've seen no evidence of that AT ALL since you signed your team.:confused:

You don't like him I'd guess by this & recent rants.

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Lennon definitely approached us prior to his appointment.

I hope we go for someone with his passion next time round.

silverhibee
14-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Lennon would have blamed the players as per and take no blame himself.

silverhibee
14-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Lennon definitely approached us prior to his appointment.

I hope we go for someone with his passion next time round.

Agree about the passion, Lennon is just a spoil brat who knows how to play to the galleries and you fell for it, what did he get banned for in the European game, slitting throat action in the stand, his embarrassing episode with the Morton manager and his countless wind ups to the Huns, he used Hibs to air his views about things, deflection after deflection from him when his team was pish, thinking of his antics at the paedodome.

Lennon lips won't agree.

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Agree about the passion, Lennon is just a spoil brat who knows how to play to the galleries and you fell for it, what did he get banned for in the European game, slitting throat action in the stand, his embarrassing episode with the Morton manager and his countless wind ups to the Huns, he used Hibs to air his views about things, deflection after deflection from him when his team was pish, thinking of his antics at the paedodome.

Lennon lips won't agree.

Your attacks on Neil Lennon go beyond mere football-related matters.
You come across as vindictive and determined to assassinate Neil Lennon's character at every turn.
It's almost like he personally insulted or upset you in some way.
Seriously, he is as flawed as you and I, but I at least choose to focus on what he delivered and offered for the greater part of his tenure as the manager of our club on the field- namely, Promotion as Champions and then European qualification with some breath-taking football in front of record crowds.

J-C
14-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Your attacks on Neil Lennon go beyond mere football-related matters.
You come across as vindictive and determined to assassinate Neil Lennon's character at every turn.
It's almost like he personally insulted or upset you in some way.
Seriously, he is as flawed as you and I, but I at least choose to focus on what he delivered and offered for the greater part of his tenure as the manager of our club on the field- namely, Promotion as Champions and then European qualification with some breath-taking football in front of record crowds.

And your defence of the man is actually very very creepy, in your eyes he was godlike and no one can ever say anything against him, even if the majority of it is true.

Even changing your username it's obvious who you are.

Hi Heid Yin
14-08-2019, 11:15 PM
And your defence of the man is actually very very creepy, in your eyes he was godlike and no one can ever say anything against him, even if the majority of it is true.

Even changing your username it's obvious who you are.

I'm defending his record as manager and the good that he did for our club for the bulk of his tenure.

I'm not defending his flawed personality.

What I tend to react against are those who talk down/berate his on-field record whilst simultaneously assassinating his character - mixing the 2 conveniently together to meet an agenda.

It wreaks of vindictiveness and nothing else.

I've never seen any previous manager vilified to the same degree - and we have had some corkers like Calderwood and Butcher!

Oh yes, your comment regarding change of username is actually quite creepy...a bit stalker like!

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 04:59 AM
I thought the opposite, that Lennon was sitting enjoying his gig for the BBC in Paris when we approached him and he eventually took over when the tv role was finished? I do agree though he seems to be against the blueprint the club has for the club. If that works and we didn’t fluke Stubbs fitting like a glove is another matter I suppose.

To be fair he used the BBC gig to tie down Cummings on another contract, so we got some good out of it

J-C
15-08-2019, 06:04 AM
I'm defending his record as manager and the good that he did for our club for the bulk of his tenure.

I'm not defending his flawed personality.

What I tend to react against are those who talk down/berate his on-field record whilst simultaneously assassinating his character - mixing the 2 conveniently together to meet an agenda.

It wreaks of vindictiveness and nothing else.

I've never seen any previous manager vilified to the same degree - and we have had some corkers like Calderwood and Butcher!

Oh yes, your comment regarding change of username is actually quite creepy...a bit stalker like!

Wins Championship with boring as **** football-check

Has poor summer window - check

Needs the recruitment team to get him out of a mess in January - check

Stumbled upon a system that worked due to Gray being injured - check

Lost it when we lost to Hearts and threatened to quit - check

Had another poor summer window - check

Publicly attacks his main striker and alienated the majority of the squad - check

Plays lotto with team selections and goes missing for 2- 3 weeks - check

Finally loses it and verbally abuses his boss getting himself suspended - check

Blames everyone except himself for bad results - check

Am I glad he's gone, yes - check

we are hibs
15-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Most of Lennons signings ranged from very poor to average. Looks like hes continued his trend of wasting massive amounts of money on dross going by how bad that left back theyve brought in is.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2019, 08:26 AM
You don't like him I'd guess by this & recent rants.

I want him and his team to play as he says he wants them to play, not tell us absolute drivel.

As for hating him, i have no views on him other than what his team produce on the park, so far i don't rate him much if thats the answer you were looking for.

J-C
15-08-2019, 09:22 AM
I want him and his team to play as he says he wants them to play, not tell us absolute drivel.

As for hating him, i have no views on him other than what his team produce on the park, so far i don't rate him much if thats the answer you were looking for.

I'm the same, talks a good game, yet to see it

Northernhibee
15-08-2019, 10:14 AM

He left us in a worse state than when he joined. When he joined we had the most exciting midfield in Scottish football and youngsters coming through. We had gained success from getting in the likes of Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn who all had sell on value and improved us. He brought in the likes of Big Dave, Swanson, Holt, Whittaker, Milligan who were, to be frank, a waste of money and had no future value for us. It was an unbalanced squad and we should have been investing money in more young players who we had potential to develop further.

SMAXXA
15-08-2019, 10:22 AM
100% agree Something is not right. Only time we hear Dempster now is to ask our fans to fork out yet more money. Lately I have had me family at hospitality and paid a small wedge of cash into HSL as well as my ST. What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard. Dempster might react when she is sitting in the directors box looking at crowds of 10,000 or less the way things are going

Haha what a load of ***** highland league standard 🙈. Ask yourself the question, how many other people in LD role at other clubs come out and regularly speak, let them do their job I don’t care what she’s got to say, Infact what do you want her to say is more relevant? We’ve just been taken over recently and I’m sure she’s got her hands full with that.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2019, 10:39 AM
He left us in a worse state than when he joined. When he joined we had the most exciting midfield in Scottish football and youngsters coming through. We had gained success from getting in the likes of Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn who all had sell on value and improved us. He brought in the likes of Big Dave, Swanson, Holt, Whittaker, Milligan who were, to be frank, a waste of money and had no future value for us. It was an unbalanced squad and we should have been investing money in more young players who we had potential to develop further.

Every manager makes good and bad signings. Marciano, Bogdan, Ambrose, Commons, Omeonga, Allan, Barker, Kamberi, Horgan, MacLaren, Mallan are a bunch from the top of my head who I think have made a good impact.

Simon Murray did alright in his 6 months here, Holt played an instrumental part in our promotion season. Stokes was brought back as a marquee signing and Ryan Gauld was seen as a coup at the time.

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Wins Championship with boring as **** football-check

Has poor summer window - check

Needs the recruitment team to get him out of a mess in January - check

Stumbled upon a system that worked due to Gray being injured - check

Lost it when we lost to Hearts and threatened to quit - check

Had another poor summer window - check

Publicly attacks his main striker and alienated the majority of the squad - check

Plays lotto with team selections and goes missing for 2- 3 weeks - check

Finally loses it and verbally abuses his boss getting himself suspended - check

Blames everyone except himself for bad results - check

Am I glad he's gone, yes - check

I’d love to hear your thoughts on some of our other managers.

You must have been suicidal for donkeys years watching Hibs!

Fair play to you for sticking through it. You enjoying the new era any better?!