PDA

View Full Version : Closed threads and deleted posts.

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:08 PM
There seems to be an increased number of deleted posts and closed threads etc just now.

Came on when home to contribute to the discussion after today's game and the thread is closed.

Is there something I'm maybe not aware of?

hibee_girl
11-08-2019, 05:09 PM
This thread will explain it all - https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?340998-Future-Match-day-Threads

Brightside
11-08-2019, 05:10 PM
There seems to be an increased number of deleted posts and closed threads etc just now.

Came on when home to contribute to the discussion after today's game and the thread is closed.

Is there something I'm maybe not aware of?

Yes. Thread will be closed after all games coz everyone has a melt down.

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Is this a permanent change? How can we respond to or reply to points made that say stimulate good discussion if it's closed?

If I was standing in the boozer and a good discussion was taking place, you wouldn't say sorry, 15 mins, you need to go and start a wide range of new conversations would you?

I might be in the minority, I'd like to see this weird change reversed.

SChibs
11-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Is this a permanent change? How can we respond to or reply to points made that say stimulate good discussion if it's closed?

If I was standing in the boozer and a good discussion was taking place, you wouldn't say sorry, 15 mins, you need to go and start a wide range of new conversations would you?

I agree. I don't understand it either.

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I agree. I don't understand it either.

Surely the decision will be reversed.

Sioux
11-08-2019, 05:27 PM

You're having a laugh right?

BroxburnHibee
11-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Plenty other threads to discuss whatever you want.

You can even start your own.

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
You're having a laugh right?

I wasn't but fair play.

jellybean
11-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Think that the admin are trying to cut down on the negativity on here.....

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2019, 07:02 PM
The just back thread...

hfc rd
11-08-2019, 07:07 PM
If all matchday threads are going to be getting closed then I don’t understand why the St Mirren matchday thread from last week is still open? Is it because we won that game? 😂

hibee_girl
11-08-2019, 07:10 PM
If all matchday threads are going to be getting closed then I don’t understand why the St Mirren matchday thread from last week is still open? Is it because we won that game? 😂

If you read the announcement thread you’ll see that it says from this weeks game

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 07:10 PM
I can't figure out how this will stop bickering. Is there evidence on another forum that this approach stopped bickering?

lyonhibs
11-08-2019, 07:56 PM
I can't figure out how this will stop bickering. Is there evidence on another forum that this approach stopped bickering?

No. It's too keep the match updates thread more or less focused on match updates.

The other bazillion mb of bandwidth is open season for bickering as per usual. Not hugely complicated.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Yes. Thread will be closed after all games coz everyone has a melt down.

Do you think we should be happy clappers after today like?

H18 SFR
11-08-2019, 08:02 PM
No. It's too keep the match updates thread more or less focused on match updates.

The other bazillion mb of bandwidth is open season for bickering as per usual. Not hugely complicated.

To be fair that totally contradicts the explanation given in the link above. Perhaps you've complicated it after all.

jacomo
11-08-2019, 08:04 PM

I already know your thoughts on today’s anti-performance.

I am not sure what’s to be gained by picking over the bones until things descend into personal abuse.

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Your not even a happy clapper when we're doing well! I feel you need a Swedish women in your life haha.

Vault Boy
11-08-2019, 11:31 PM

Simple as that.

The 90+2
12-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Your not even a happy clapper when we're doing well! I feel you need a Swedish women in your life haha.

If he doesn’t want one.....