PDA

View Full Version : Mind set

RG04
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Last summer looking to bring in full internationalist, players that had played at world cups......

This season........bargain basement players nobody else wants. At that level your playing for cash alone and not one team in their leagues down south would offer them anything.

Last season or recent season, we are going to Ibrox etc looking to play well, effect the game , get a result.

This season....... the manager going on about how big a club they are, so many fans, different game than other weeks....

Massive change in mind set.....

calumhibee1
11-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Last summer looking to bring in full internationalist, players that had played at world cups......

This season........bargain basement players nobody else wants. At that level your playing for cash alone and not one team in their leagues down south would offer them anything.

Last season or recent season, we are going to Ibrox etc looking to play well, effect the game , get a result.

This season....... the manager going on about how big a club they are, so many fans, different game than other weeks....

Massive change in mind set.....

We've got an international in Slivka who hasn't shown enough over 2 season to get in the team and we never bothered extending another internationals loan in Hyndman because he was so poor last year. Throw in Mavrias and the other boy who's name I can't even remember and I really wouldn't get hung up on the fact we signed some internationals.

That said, the signings this summer other than Scott Allan look very very poor so far.

RG04
11-08-2019, 04:33 PM
We've got an international in Slivka who hasn't shown enough over 2 season to get in the team and we never bothered extending another internationals loan in Hyndman because he was so poor last year. Throw in Mavrias and the other boy who's name I can't even remember and I really wouldn't get hung up on the fact we signed some internationals.

That said, the signings this summer other than Scott Allan look very very poor so far.

I agree 100%, but its a mind set thing. Hyndman we brought in, yes didnt work, but the guy was excellent for rangers, a full internationalist playing in the premiership, same with Mavrias, full internationalist with a load of premiership game time under his belt. Slivka, was a youth player at Juve and full internationalist as well. This year..........we pay good money for a guy that had a few decent games on loan to Bolton??

DetroitHibs
11-08-2019, 04:41 PM
The mind set of the club has always been money comes first, product on the park second. We wanted Omeonga and McNulty. Two quality players that would have made a big difference. Didn’t get them due to finances. We wanted the boy Funso, outbid by Aberdeen. It’s actually so bad, that even our gaffer was second choice as we couldn’t match our first choice picks wages. We NEVER push the boat out and will always be playing catch up.

Sudds_1
11-08-2019, 04:45 PM
The mind set of the club has always been money comes first, product on the park second. We wanted Omeonga and McNulty. Two quality players that would have made a big difference. Didn’t get them due to finances. We wanted the boy Funso, outbid by Aberdeen. It’s actually so bad, that even our gaffer was second choice as we couldn’t match our first choice picks wages. We NEVER push the boat out and will always be playing catch up.

Agree mostly with that...not least because omeonga never even got off the bench yesterday and i cant think mcnulty got a better deal than we could give him.....because we must have the resources now we've apparently saved 500k pa on loan interest and had 1m in cash from the new owner.

eastcoasthibby
11-08-2019, 05:06 PM
We are playing the cheapskate game still, holding the same pay ceiling that's been in place for the past 4-5 years. How does that work given that our income has gone up ? I hate to think that we have paid d cent wages to our new signings on mostly 3 year contracts ..
The mindset of our board and management of not putting the boat out for better quality signings is madness and absolutely not the way that the club will progress you pay for what you get ...the mindset and expectations of the fans don't seem to be matched by the boardroom, as has been said we have missed out on what seems like decent signings during the summer as a result of the mindset and rigid pay structure ...the mindset at the top needs to move forward with time !!

Franck Stanton
11-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Date I say it, but have a wee read of the predictions thread. Many predicted a heavy loss, admittedly not as big as 6-1 however, point I am making, is, if we, as fans, reckon we are in for a doing, then, the players, who are only human, think along the same lines as well.

FilipinoHibs
12-08-2019, 01:48 AM
I agree 100%, but its a mind set thing. Hyndman we brought in, yes didnt work, but the guy was excellent for rangers, a full internationalist playing in the premiership, same with Mavrias, full internationalist with a load of premiership game time under his belt. Slivka, was a youth player at Juve and full internationalist as well. This year..........we pay good money for a guy that had a few decent games on loan to Bolton??

He scored one goal in 17 games for Bolton in the third tier of English football.