PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon

Pages : [1] 2

AugustaHibs
11-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Hope you were watching today. Get the hands in the pockets as we need a lot more than a teenager from rangers on loan

murray26
11-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Steady sensible investment needed.. today was bad but Rantic aren’t our competition.. let’s move on now and build the squad..

scoopyboy
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Hope you were watching today. Get the hands in the pockets as we need a lot more than a teenager from rangers on loan

Hope I'm wrong but I don't feel comfortable with him or Hibs just now.

I would hate for us to slip back and lose thousands of season ticket holders that we worked so hard to get.

Something just doesn't sit right with me.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Steady sensible investment needed.. today was bad but Rantic aren’t our competition.. let’s move on now and build the squad..

Build the squad? PH said we are done and now we are loaning a player from rangers and giving him game time. To settle in their team next season nicely. We also pay for that privilege.

Allant1981

I would hate for us to slip back and lose thousands of season ticket holders that we worked so hard to get.

The guy has been in the door 2 minutes, give the guy a chance

lucky
I wouldn’t give Heckingbottom any more cash to waste on lower league English players

11-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Still wonder why he didn’t splash a little bit of cash on a proven exciting player to get the fans onside. What’s his end game. Loads of questions surrounding the management of the club atm and very few answers to be found.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Maybe the fact he said in his first interview he's happy with the budget, although STF said he would sell to someone who could take Hibernian FC to the next level? What's the next level? Same budget? Loaning a player from rangers? Keeping the same budget?

CloudSquall
11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
My worry is we have spent money this summer, my concern isn't with the amount available to the management team, my concern is with the recruitment and scouting teams, the signings so far have been Fenlon and Calderwood esque.

SRHibs
11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Petri.....sorry, Ronnie!! :grr::grr:

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/9HQRIttS5C4Za/giphy.gif

RG04
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
I was watching!!! (poor timing I know, but to good to miss lol)

scoopyboy
11-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Maybe the fact he said in his first interview he's happy with the budget, although STF said he would sell to someone who could take Hibernian FC to the next level? What's the next level? Same budget? Loaning playing from rangers? Keeping the same budget?

I can't fathom out why he wanted to buy Hibs, no connection to Hibs or even football as far as I can see.

I think STF and Petrie simply wanted out.

madhatter
11-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Maybe the fact he said in his first interview he's happy with the budget, although STF said he would sell to someone who could take Hibernian FC to the next level? What's the next level? Same budget? Loaning a player from rangers? Keeping the same budget?

Hotdogs at ER incoming.

essexhibee
11-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Have we heard from him since the day he took charge? Seems to have disappeared

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 04:32 PM

We have a CEO who runs the football club.

Today was a terrible result but let's not start having a go at Ron Gordon.

NC1875
11-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Behave. How often did we hear from STF or Petrie ?

jeffers
11-08-2019, 04:34 PM
I can't fathom out why he wanted to buy Hibs, no connection to Hibs or even football as far as I can see.

I have the exact same thoughts.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2019, 04:35 PM
i was worried when we lost 100% security to a dude from america...i'm still worried

i 100% didn't want the heck in the first place, i still don't want the heck

hopefully the two prove me wrong :agree::thumbsup:

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Behave. How often did we hear from STF or Petrie ?

Different circumstances. Would be nice to know his vision for Hibernian FC and his plans. What's the point in buying us if he's going to do nothing with us. We would be better with STF. No point in selling if there's not going to be ANY changes.

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 04:38 PM
We were apparently going to hear about all these great plans he had in the coming weeks. That was when he took over.

berwickhibee
11-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Mcnulty and omeonga out.
Doidge and newell in.😡

overdrive
11-08-2019, 04:39 PM
My worry is we have spent money this summer, my concern isn't with the amount available to the management team, my concern is with the recruitment and scouting teams, the signings so far have been Fenlon and Calderwood esque.

Yep. We keep getting told that we have a recruitment strategy that fits in with a style of play that we stick to and recruit a head coach to fit in with that so it all seamlessly links so we don’t have a new manager coming in changing everything, overhauling the squad and changing the recruitment strategy.

Yet under Lennon we signed players Lennon knew and “international” players. Under Heckingbottom we sign players he knows and lower league English players. I don’t believe we have an overarching strategy at all!

I'm Spartacus
11-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Like what exactly? Strange post IMO

11-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Drinking champers in hospitality with those hun cretins most likely

Joe6-2
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Me too, Hope you and I are totally wrong tho

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:44 PM

What's strange is the fact RG Has came out and said nothing and refused to put any money towards players.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2019, 04:46 PM
What's strange is the fact RG Has came out and said nothing and refused to put any money towards players.

He put over £1m into the club and said it can be spent on players if the clubs wants to...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48847172

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Drinking champers in hospitality with those hun cretins most likely

Stupid post.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:48 PM
He should also put the haun in the pocket to refund the ticket price of the 900 Hibs fans. They deserve it.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:49 PM
He put over £1m into the club and said it can be spent on players if the clubs wants to...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48847172

But has it been spent on players? PH have came out and said that is us done. I agree on giving RG time to let us know his vision Ffs it's been a month. However the fact PH has said we are finished is very concerning IMHO.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Petri.....sorry, Ronnie!! :grr::grr:

😂👌🏼

Lago
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
We have a CEO who runs the football club.

Today was a terrible result but let's not start having a go at Ron Gordon.
And she has gone to ground lately.

Joe6-2
11-08-2019, 05:01 PM
He should also put the haun in the pocket to refund the ticket price of the 900 Hibs fans. They deserve it.

This

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:05 PM
And she has gone to ground lately.

If she has that's a separate issue.

Do people want Romanov style of ownership with the owner superseding the CEO. We lost today, that has absolutely **** all to do with Ron Gordon.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:05 PM
This

Behave.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2019, 05:24 PM
But has it been spent on players? PH have came out and said that is us done. I agree on giving RG time to let us know his vision Ffs it's been a month. However the fact PH has said we are finished is very concerning IMHO.

Doesn’t look like it but your previous post said “RG has came out and said nothing and refused to put any money towards players” which is patently false on both counts.

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Honeymoon period over. Let’s here about those plans to take us to the next level.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Doesn’t look like it but your previous post said “RG has came out and said nothing and refused to put any money towards players” which is patently false on both counts.

The fact PH has came out and said the transfer kitty is spent tells otherwise. If RG was willing to put cash behind us he would. So he's obviously hasn't bothered has he.

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2019, 05:34 PM

What connection has The Glazers with Man U or Sheikh Ali Baba with Man City etc etc.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:35 PM
What connection has The Glazers with Man U or Sheikh Ali Baba with Man City etc etc.

They are top English sides known around the world. Hibs are a Scottish side not known around the world. Very very big difference. How can you even compare that.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:38 PM

It would be nice for it to be explained to the support in all honesty.

I feel similarly also. STF at least had a massive reason to buy us.

The 90+2

How racist do you want to be ffs.

neil7908
I do worry he won't quite grasp what it means to be the guy in charge of a football team.

There's a lot made of owners in football about their business experience. Well running a football team is a world away from running a company successfully.

I just hope he understands what Hibs mean to fans. It's hard to get that if you haven't grown up with it.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2019, 05:40 PM
The fact PH has came out and said the transfer kitty is spent tells otherwise. If RG was willing to put cash behind us he would. So he's obviously hasn't bothered has he.

You can literally see the cash being put into the club in the documents lodged at Companies House. He obviously has as it is a matter of public record. If the club have decided not to add it to the squad budget that’s probably down to our Chief Exec who would be responsible for that decision.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM

What doesn't sit right?

Debt free asset protected.

Second game of the league......

Torto7
There's a thread about him on the bounce. I think Tracey posted that he's been involved behind the scenes and the various departments at the club are submitting their plans for him to approve.

He did say that he was going to take a while to learn about the day to day running of the club etc.

Would he have even set the football budget for this year? I presume LD has and this is an interim budget until we know where the new cash is going to be spent?

Problem is we look utterly gash.

The 90+2
They are top English sides known around the world. Hibs are a Scottish side bit known around the world. Very very big difference. How can you even compare that.

Yep. Glaziers buy the biggest club in the world to add to their nfl portfolio.

Saudis buy City to develop a club to be one of the best in the world in the biggest league in the world and advertise Etihad all over the world commercially.

Ron Gordon buys Hibernian, why? There must be a very legitimate reason, he’s not just woke up one day and liked Mikey Stuart’s analysis on sportscene one Monday. Maybe he’s a massive film lover and loved Sunshine on Leith?

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:44 PM
What doesn't sit right?

Debt free asset protected.

Second game of the league......

Assets belong to him in theory or the business he set up to accuser the shares.

You’ve not asked yourself what’s in it for him? Farmer had the community at Heart. Ron’s a stranger to Scotland from Peru living in the US. Of course the custodianship of our club by a basic stranger is going to sit easy until more clarity is given. So far there’s been no benefit at all of change of ownership.

Baldy Foghorn

He failed to buy Dundee United Jock.

Why buy a football team, and immediately tell us he want's to build an indoor training pitch, at a cost of £3-£4m, with fans contributing?

Get the product on park right, or the fans will walk.

I'm not convinced by him whatsoever

Greencore
You can literally see the cash being put into the club in the documents lodged at Companies House. He obviously has as it is a matter of public record. If the club have decided not to add it to the squad budget that’s probably down to our Chief Exec who would be responsible for that decision.

So at the end of the day we need to hear his vision and plan for hibs. STF bought us to save us and you can understand his reasons for that. However why has Ron decided to buy us? I keep saying this, but STF farmer always said he wanted to sell us to someone who could take us to the next level. What is thst next level? It can't be losing 6-1 to Rangers loaning their youth player to make him a better player for...... Rangers. Feel like we are going backwards. Answer me this are you 100 percent confident in this team? Are you happy with our FINAL transfers?

scoopyboy
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM

Well for a start where is he?

Has he attended any games?

Does he live here?

Has he any intention of staying here?

Has no tie to Hibs but all of a sudden buys us, to be honest how did it come about and that's probably by biggest question?

How did he hear about Hibs and when?

I just find it all strange.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM
If she has that's a separate issue.

Do people want Romanov style of ownership with the owner superseding the CEO. We lost today, that has absolutely **** all to do with Ron Gordon.

Why do you keep putting words in people’s mouths? Who said anything about Romanov?

sleeping giant
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM
As much as this was brutal, our season wont be defined on one horsing from them.
If we are as bad next week then I might start worrying.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Why buy a football team, and immediately tell us he want's to build an indoor training pitch, at a cost of £3-£4m, with fans contributing?

Is the Dundee Utd rumour a definite aye? **** sake.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Let's not let facts get in the way of hysteria.

scoopyboy

Didn't know that Brockie and it has just made me feel worse.

Greencore

Where is the Dundee united rumour coming from? First hearts now Dundee hibs?

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=90+2;5882034]Assets belong to him in theory or the business he set up to accuser the shares.

You’ve not asked yourself what’s in it for him? Farmer had the community at Heart. Ron’s a stranger to Scotland from Peru living in the US. Of course the custodianship of our club by a basic stranger is going to sit easy until more clarity is given. So far there’s been no benefit at all of change of ownership.[/QU OTE]

So being debt free is not a positive??

I despair on this site but of course you have probably owned and run a multi million pound empire...

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Is the Dundee Utd rumour a definite aye? **** sake.

It's a definite, ok with you?

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:51 PM

Link?

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Link?

Nope

Since90+2

Any evidence to back it up? Most folk would need something like that to make a judgement on it rather than a random person just posting it as fact on a internet forum.

You've made a claim that our owner previously tried to buy another football club in Scotland without any supporting evidence whatsoever.

Greencore
Nope

Where is your info coming from ☺️?

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Any evidence to back it up? Most folk would need something like that to make a judgement on it rather than a random person just posting it as fact on a interni forum.

I cant provide evidence, but he was looking at Utd last year. (Before their new owner took over)

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:55 PM
I cant provide evidence, but he was looking at Utd last year. (Before their new owner took over)

Looking at and being rejected are two different things.

Torto7
11-08-2019, 05:56 PM

Why is that a bad thing? He said he was looking at English and Scottish clubs.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:57 PM
However If true, it is concerning. Has STF and RP just done a fast one and sold us to get away? Really we can speculate forever but we really need to hear RG's vision and plans for the club. Cash injection for the squad? Upgrades to the stadium?.. Time will tell I guess.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM
However If true, it is concerning. Has STF and RP just done a fast one and sold us to get away? Really we can speculate forever but we really need to hear RG's vision and plans for the club. Cash injection for the squad? Upgrades to the stadium?.. Time will tell I guess.

Aye 28 and 22 years for both. Did a fast one.

Took the club out of the gutter.

madhatter
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM
When are these plans from the club going to start coming out? We were told to tune in weeks ago. I expect some £300 for a brick with your name on it at HTC for the new training facility that Ron Gordon will get all the credit for and ultimately benefit from when he sells the club. He bought Hibs on the cheap and should not be given an easy ride. He isn’t Farmer and isn’t saving us from oblivion. He bought a club with a modern stadium and modern training facility with accompanying land.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=90+2;5882034]Assets belong to him in theory or the business he set up to accuser the shares.

You’ve not asked yourself what’s in it for him? Farmer had the community at Heart. Ron’s a stranger to Scotland from Peru living in the US. Of course the custodianship of our club by a basic stranger is going to sit easy until more clarity is given. So far there’s been no benefit at all of change of ownership.[/QU OTE]

So being debt free is not a positive??

I despair on this site but of course you have probably owned and run a multi million pound empire...

You’ve owned a multi million dollar empire then or is it just folk that have that had your attention.

Debt free is a positive if the owner isn’t wanting anything back in return.

Has being debt free assisted in any way on the park as of yet? The only debt we had before was to our majority share holder who we knew of and loved and knew his intentions from years back when he saved the club.

We know very little of Ron, or his plans, or why he even wanted to buy our club.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Hahaha 😂👍🏻 but in all seriousness, what is our next level he would bang on about before selling to someone new , he's getting on age wise, why wouldn't he pull a fast one and sell up?

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:07 PM

They haven’t done a fast one, of course not. All evidence points to them selling for their own best interests (which of course they are entitled to) and not in the best interests of the club or cared very much who the club got sold to.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Yeah of course mate. My “**** sake” wasn’t aimed at you, sorry.

leithsansiro
11-08-2019, 06:08 PM

This. Rangers and Celtic aren’t our competition. They’re only in a race with each other, our competition is the other ten

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Any evidence to back it up? Most folk would need something like that to make a judgement on it rather than a random person just posting it as fact on a internet forum.

You've made a claim that our owner previously tried to buy another football club in Scotland without any supporting evidence whatsoever.

Why would he have to provide evidence to a random on the internet? I don’t believe the poster would have any motive to make it up.

Greencore
This. Rangers and Celtic aren’t our competition. They’re only in a race with each other, our competition is the other ten

Not according to Ron, his quote "we want to be the best of the rest" one would assume he is meaning celtic...

DarlingtonHibee
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5882065]

You’ve owned a multi million dollar empire then or is it just folk that have that had your attention.

Debt free is a positive if the owner isn’t wanting anything back in return.

Has being debt free assisted in any way on the park as of yet? The only debt we had before was to our majority share holder who we knew of and loved and knew his intentions from years back when he saved the club.

We know very little of Ron, or his plans, or why he even wanted to buy our club.

Do you not think stf would have done due diligence on the guy?

Debt free means £500k freed up per annum.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=90+2;5882140]

Do you not think stf would have done due diligence on the guy?

Debt free means £500k freed up per annum.

Probably. Unless he’s like the monorail guy from the simpsons I think Tom was happy to sell to anyone willing to buy.

That £500k (minus the no sponsor disaster) hasn’t improved anything yet, it looks good in the annual finance league but nothing that matters of such as of yet.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5882159]

Probably. Unless he’s like the monorail guy from the simpsons I think Tom was happy to sell to anyone willing to buy.

That £500k (minus the no sponsor disaster) hasn’t improved anything yet, it looks good in the annual finance league but nothing that matters of such as of yet.
Your first paragraph is a complete lie.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Yeah of course mate. My “**** sake” wasn’t aimed at you, sorry.

:aok: Sorry, bit tetchy at moment:flag:

Greencore
11-08-2019, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=90+2;5882200]
Your first paragraph is a complete lie.

How would you know? STF is getting on age wise. Why wouldn't he want his money and to enjoy his retirement from hibs, his words were he wanted to sell to someone who would take hibs to the next level. I guess losing 6-1 to Rangers is that next level then.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Thing is I want to be cleared up, is Ron Gordon going to be drawing a salary as Executive Chairman, and who will foot the bill for air fares, him or the Club?

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 07:29 PM
:aok: Sorry, bit tetchy at moment:flag:

Don’t mention it. Know the feeling 👍

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:30 PM
No danger is he investing in the squad. He's full of nonsense as well.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 07:31 PM

Sadly feel this way too HC.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 07:32 PM
Is he not due back in Scotland soon? In the next week or so? More meetings planned at the hibs club and with HSL I’m sure I read.

I get that folk are raging about today but Gordon has done absolutely nothing wrong so far and he’s getting it tight 😂

It’s not his fault Hecky and the football department ****ed it up today.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Would preferably like the cash to be put towards improving the squad just now, the other teams in the league outwith the old firm are there for the taking just now, we need to add quality to secure European football and good cup runs before it’s too late. That way we can generate more money by increasing attendances, selling players on for profit and so on. We can then look towards improving things like the already state of art training centre and building the youth academy further. If we prioritise these things before improving the squad it’s going to take a long time to regain the opportunity we have now.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5882254]

How would you know? STF is getting on age wise. Why wouldn't he want his money and to enjoy his retirement from hibs, his words were he wanted to sell to someone who would take hibs to the next level. I guess losing 6-1 to Rangers is that next level then.

So just to understand you, after 28 years, he has decided to sell to anyone?

Today's result was a nightmare, but it would be no difference to whether sft or rg owned the club

SlickShoes
11-08-2019, 07:52 PM
500k a year wouldn’t even get you one good championship level player from England for a year, why do folk think this money is going to shoot us miles ahead of Aberdeen?

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 07:53 PM

So you've met him?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:55 PM
So you've met him?

He done a speech at the Hibs club.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 07:58 PM
He done a speech at the Hibs club.

So what was he saying that made you think he was full of nonsense?

HibeeHutch
11-08-2019, 08:14 PM
I think RD mentioned that his first priority was to work on a 6 month plan for the club. That was in June - and so that takes us to January (transfer window). It sounds like he did not want to tamper with pre existing plans immediately when he came in. So, I think there's possibly going to be a bit of bedding in to begin with before any of his input comes to the fore at the end of this year.

Hibeesforever
11-08-2019, 08:19 PM
I think RD mentioned that his first priority was to work on a 6 month plan for the club. That was in June - and so that takes us to January (transfer window). It sounds like he did not want to tamper with pre existing plans immediately when he came in. So, I think there's possibly going to be a bit of bedding in to begin with before any of his input comes to the fore at the end of this year.

That's the risk I am thinking too. Come next January the cost of the clear out and investment will be much higher. Why wait, spend now, it will be cheaper in the long run.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 08:43 PM
That's the risk I am thinking too. Come next January the cost of the clear out and investment will be much higher. Why wait, spend now, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Though let a manager hand out long term deals to loads of players realistically not good enough?

Hibeesforever
11-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Though let a manager hand out long term deals to loads of players realistically not good enough?

You get what you pay for and we haven't spent much money in this window. Now is the time to invest!

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 09:09 PM
So what was he saying that made you think he was full of nonsense?

He wants fans to pay more a training centre that he's more interested in than investing in the first team.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:12 PM
You get what you pay for and we haven't spent much money in this window. Now is the time to invest!

Invest with what?

Manager has an agreed budget.

English division one and some two are paying wages above us.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Invest with what?

Manager has an agreed budget.

English division one and some two are paying wages above us.invest in the team, we accepted it from STF because he saved us, why should we accept it from Ron? So the fans can build his plans at East mains and when he sells us for a profit he can just walk away laughing?

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:15 PM
He wants fans to pay more a training centre that he's more interested in than investing in the first team.

Really......

I must be missing something here.

He said that the investment was for infrastructure and the academy which is the correct way to move forward.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:16 PM

We’ve paid fees on which looks like dross. I wouldn’t trust recruitment with much more tbh.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Really......

He said that the investment was for infrastructure and the academy which is the correct way to move forward.

Investing in the first team would be beneficial too.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:17 PM
invest in the team, we accepted it from STF because he saved us, why should we accept it from Ron? So the fans can build his plans at East mains and when he sells us for a profit he can just walk away laughing?

That is the most ridiculous post of the year.

Guy has been here weeks, and committed millions.

Dear oh dear....

Lee Marvin
11-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Really......

I wouldn't waste your time mate, there are a few posters on here who hear what they want to hear and love to spout their anti hibs propoganda at every opportunity

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Investing in the first team would be beneficial too.

Yes, but we only have so much money.

Zazu62
11-08-2019, 09:19 PM
I wouldn’t give Heckingnbottom any more money

Greencore
That is the most ridiculous post of the year.

Guy has been here weeks, and committed millions.

Dear oh dear....

Piss off😂 he's basically came in and said nothing and done nothing and we have been gubbed 6-1, are you happy with today's result? Are you happy with our players? And no more transfer activity?

Don't worry though you'll be first to "pony up" I'm guessing.

DarlingtonHibee
I wouldn't waste your time mate, there are a few posters on here who hear what they want to hear and love to spout their anti hibs propoganda at every opportunity

Thank you Lee.

The 90+2

Yes, that must be it. Don’t ask questions at all. Do you live in North Korea?

I'm Spartacus
11-08-2019, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just letting the team run so he can see what the manager is all about, he'd be daft to throw money at somebody who isn't his appointment.

Lee Marvin
11-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Yes, that must be it. Don’t ask questions at all. Do you live in North Korea?

Why would your ask if I live in North Korea?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Really......

You are, he said he wants the fans to "pony" up for it. He wants the fans to pay for it.

Greencore

Don't question anything and accept what you're told?????

The 90+2

Just askin’, sorry.

sleeping giant
11-08-2019, 09:24 PM
You are, he said he wants the fans to "pony" up for it. He wants the fans to pay for it.

Not the impression I got HC.
Thought "pony up" meant continuing season ticket numbers.

Lee Marvin
11-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Don't question anything and accept what you're told?????

I suspect it was because I used a big word like propoganda. He heard it used on the news in relation to North Korea before....

There is a big difference between asking rational questions to spouted unsubstantiated garbage about the club at every opportunity.

I do plenty of the former, others can't help themselves with the latter

Lee Marvin
11-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Not the impression I got HC.
Thought "pony up" meant continuing season ticket numbers.

Stop talking sense you. Ridiculous behaviour

Greencore
11-08-2019, 09:28 PM
I suspect it was because I used a big word like propoganda. He heard it used in relation to North Korea on the news before....

There is a big difference between asking rational questions to spouted unsubstantiated garbage about the club at every opportunity.

🧐

bingo70
11-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Miles too early to be judging or criticising Ron.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:31 PM
I suspect it was because I used a big word like propoganda. He heard it used on the news in relation to North Korea before....

I asked for the reason you used anti-hibs propaganda, why would that be? People are allowed to ask questions considering we have been bought over by a virtual stranger who has contributed nothing so far towards the club and it’s all went completely quiet. Today is a humiliating day for the football club yet you want to bash on about some kind of agenda towards the club.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Why not? PH has came out and said the transfer kitty is gone and we are still players short... Ron said he wants us to be the best of the rest. So you believe this squad can be best of the rest? If so I'll completely accept this comment and say no more

Crab apple
11-08-2019, 09:35 PM
We’ve paid fees on which looks like dross. I wouldn’t trust recruitment with much more tbh.

That's where I'm at although I suspect it was Heckingbottom that had the final say. Did anyone (recruitment team and/or Heckingbottom) even consider that Lawrence Shankland might be a better signing than Doidge.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 09:37 PM
That's where I'm at although I suspect it was Heckingbottom that had the final say. Did anyone (recruitment team and/or Heckingbottom) even consider that Lawrence Shankland might be a better signing than Doidge.
Waiting for the classic hibs. Net comment of "how do you know we were not interested in Shankland"... But good point 👍🏻

jeffers
11-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Don't disagree but it's not too early to be asking some of the questions of him that are on this thread. He said our budget was competitive. With who ? And based on what ?

Nicho87
11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Do the right thing and get hecky and his dross out our club.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:40 PM

I’m not sure what kind of presentation Hecky put on show to the recruitment team to convince them Doidge was the way forward to either partner Flo’ or keep him out the team. Shankand going to Dundee Utd is criminal unless the reason for that is Leann still thinks Ollie is one of the best young strikers in Europe.

marinello59
11-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Don't disagree but it's not too early to be asking some of the questions of him that are on this thread. He said our budget was competitive. With who ? And based on what ?

Our budget may well be competitive but it looks like our manager has *****ed it on duds.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 09:43 PM
Our budget may well be competitive but it looks like our manager has *****ed it on duds.

What’s the chances of the guy who went to Aberdeen in the end being great while we are left with the pile of crap?

Saying that I like Tom James and Vela.

jeffers
11-08-2019, 09:45 PM

Definitely looking that way and as a few others have posted we are stuck with some of them on three year deals. Maybe I'm putting too much significance on the word competitive with regards the budget, but I don't get how someone just in the door could come to that conclusion.

bingo70
11-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Definitely looking that way and as a few others have posted we are stuck with some of them on three year deals. Maybe I'm putting too much significance on the word competitive with regards the budget, but I don't get how someone just in the door could come to that conclusion.

It’s what he had to say.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Ffs, not that again, has he asked fans for money???

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Do the right thing and get hecky and his dross out our club.

Yep, you got the money to pay off the contracts?

jeffers
11-08-2019, 09:49 PM
It’s what he had to say.

He could have said plans were already in place and he was going to take time understanding them before making any changes.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Ffs, not that again, has he asked fans for money???

Aye and Naw, but he's basically hinting we are to pay.....

"RG appears to want to focus on development from grassroots / academy up and is committed to building an indoor training facility alongside existing EM facilities. He suggested this might cost 3 - 4 million

RG is looking to the fans to "pony up" and contribute financially to this project"

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?340519-Meeting-with-wee-Ron

Wakeyhibee
11-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Admins: Is there a limit to how many accusatory threads there can be on hibs.net at any one time?

bingo70
11-08-2019, 09:53 PM
He could have said plans were already in place and he was going to take time understanding them before making any changes.

He pretty much did say that.

I think you’re taking his quotes to literally.

He was just in the door and he was trying to manage expectations of fans and agents by saying the budget just now was fine.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2019, 09:58 PM

I’m fairly certain he said something very similar to that or at least along those lines.

jacomo
11-08-2019, 10:00 PM

We hear that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes, with different departments all being asked to submit their plans for improvement to Ron.

This is fair enough, I have no problem with it. But I would absolutely expect to hear more in the coming months.

In the meantime, the football dept have a lot of work to do. Today’s result does not derail our season but it’s a shocker

jeffers
11-08-2019, 10:01 PM
He pretty much did say that.

I think you’re taking his quotes to literally.

He was just in the door and he was trying to manage expectations of fans and agents by saying the budget just now was fine.

Fair dos, I did say I was maybe putting too much significance on the word competitive.

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:07 PM
The guy has been in the door 2 minutes, give the guy a chance

Is this the Heck thread or the Ron thread?

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:09 PM

Does he live here?

Has no tie to Hibs but all of a sudden buys us, to be honest how did it come about and that's probably by biggest question?

Same here. Still though even with those questions answered we could’ve lost 6-1 today. It’s happened before and it’s likely it’ll happen again.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Admins: Is there a limit to how many accusatory threads there can be on hibs.net at any one time?

Eh????

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Same here. Still though even with those questions answered we could’ve lost 6-1 today. It’s happened before and it’s likely it’ll happen again.

Isn’t that another alarming issue separate from this thread?

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Does he live here?

He was at Stirling in the Cup.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2019, 10:15 PM

and some want to give the manager even more cash

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Isn’t that another alarming issue separate from this thread?

What? That teams sometimes lose and sometimes they lose heavily? Not really - it’s the nature of sport.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 10:16 PM
What? That teams sometimes lose and sometimes they lose heavily? Not really - it’s the nature of sport.

I’m not sure what it’s got to do with Scoopy having some concerns over the new owner?

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:17 PM
I’m not sure what it’s got to do with Scoopy having some concerns over the new owner?

This thread and those questions have only been raised cos we got pumped.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 10:18 PM

Nah, they've been on other threads on this forum and the bounce.

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2019, 10:19 PM
Nah, they've been on other threads on this forum and the bounce.

Apologies I’ve missed them. It all seems to be coming out the woodwork tonight.

ahibby
11-08-2019, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just letting the team run so he can see what the manager is all about, he'd be daft to throw money at somebody who isn't his appointment.

Exactly this. He doesnt know yet what the capabilities are. He will be watching but one game when we lose four goals only after going down to ten men wont give him the answers he needs. However he will have an idea of what he has by January.

Greenworld
12-08-2019, 06:21 AM
I said on another thread last week that Ron seemed to have disappeared after his initial unveiling a month ago.
As quite as Ron is it is also noticeable that LD has gone quite also.
Now there may be good reasons for this a flurry of activity may be going on behind the scenes however I have reservations on this takeover and what the real reason is behind it .
American based companies are brutal to work for don't get me wrong they know how to make profit and don't really care what happens to anyone or anything in that quest, within the business you then have yes men or women , If you don't share their vision your out.
A few other posters have said the think something is wrong behind the scenes maybe Ron is rocking a few boats already and some don't like it . Interesting times ahead that's for sure as for the team well the rangers score line might just be a blessing in disguise to make the new players realise that they need there top game every week there is no easy games up here and the standard is a lot better than they probably realised.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2019, 06:38 AM
I said on another thread last week that Ron seemed to have disappeared after his initial unveiling a month ago.
As quite as Ron is it is also noticeable that LD has gone quite also.
Now there may be good reasons for this a flurry of activity may be going on behind the scenes however I have reservations on this takeover and what the real reason is behind it .
American based companies are brutal to work for don't get me wrong they know how to make profit and don't really care what happens to anyone or anything in that quest, within the business you then have yes men or women , If you don't share their vision your out.
A few other posters have said the think something is wrong behind the scenes maybe Ron is rocking a few boats already and some don't like it . Interesting times ahead that's for sure as for the team well the rangers score line might just be a blessing in disguise to make the new players realise that they need there top game every week there is no easy games up here and the standard is a lot better than they probably realised.

Smart business people and folk in general tend to understand the importance of context. Come in like a bull in a china shop doesn’t tend to go very well.

Ron seems to be listening and seeking to understand. Maybe this taking the time with he and LD. gotta lay the foundations right. Donno the degree he should be listening to Budgie tho...

greenpaper55
12-08-2019, 06:54 AM
I would think Ron will be taking a back seat and having a good look at the manager over a season or two before committing any cash , after yesterdays performance that seems like a good idea !

scoopyboy
12-08-2019, 07:22 AM

You're probably right DH but it has been on my mind for a while and you did agree with the questions / comments I made.

Greenworld
12-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Smart business people and folk in general tend to understand the importance of context. Come in like a bull in a china shop doesn’t tend to go very well.

Ron seems to be listening and seeking to understand. Maybe this taking the time with he and LD. gotta lay the foundations right. Donno the degree he should be listening to Budgie tho...I agree with what your saying and he has already got a business that was doing well but could do better.
The bit that I suppose none of us expected was for the team to look and perform in a lethargic manner. That could make his Honeymoon period a lot shorter than expected.

flash
12-08-2019, 09:10 AM
You're probably right DH but it has been on my mind for a while and you did agree with the questions / comments I made.

I am far more worried about the owner than the manager. If PH doesn't cut it he will be replaced. Not great but it happens all the time.
The new owner still has a lot of questions to answer about his intentions and plans. There are a lot of dodgy owners out there these days.
Let's hope ours doesn't turn out to be another.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 09:14 AM
I am far more worried about the owner than the manager. If PH doesn't cut it he will be replaced. Not great but it happens all the time.
The new owner still has a lot of questions to answer about his intentions and plans. There are a lot of dodgy owners out there these days.
Let's hope ours doesn't turn out to be another.

He has hardly had time to fart in the place yet let alone do anything with the club, if an owner was to come straight in and start making changes all over the place straight away I'd be more worried, he has done nothing yet to get worried about at all and until yesterday I cant remember seeing any of these post from people about being worried(apologies if there has and I missed them)

emerald green
12-08-2019, 09:17 AM
It would be good to hear Mr Gordon's thoughts on yesterday's non-show and capitulation from Hibs. So much for 10 men being hard to play against. :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
12-08-2019, 09:21 AM
It would be good to hear Mr Gordon's thoughts on yesterday's non-show and capitulation from Hibs. So much for 10 men being hard to play against. :rolleyes:

When did we ever hear Petrie’s or Farmer’s thoughts after a defeat?

emerald green
12-08-2019, 09:23 AM
When did we ever hear Petrie’s or Farmer’s thoughts after a defeat?

Seldom, if ever. But Mr Gordon is the owner now.

flash
12-08-2019, 09:36 AM
He has hardly had time to fart in the place yet let alone do anything with the club, if an owner was to come straight in and start making changes all over the place straight away I'd be more worried, he has done nothing yet to get worried about at all and until yesterday I cant remember seeing any of these post from people about being worried(apologies if there has and I missed them)
I agree. Still doesn't stop me from being wary though.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 09:56 AM
I agree. Still doesn't stop me from being wary though.

So what makes you wary then if you agree?

Blaster
12-08-2019, 10:24 AM

I think everyone should be wary of new ownership especially in Scotland. Not been too many successes in recent times

Zazu62
12-08-2019, 10:34 AM
So Dundee united knocked him back? Or was he just having a look?

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 11:09 AM

:agree: I can’t disagree with anything you’ve raised.

MB62
12-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Have to say, this is EXACTLY how I feel at the moment.
I didn't expect R.G. to come in and start throwing his cash about right away. A sensible approach would be to take a back seat for a wee while, let those in the job do what they are presently paid to do, whilst keeping an eye on things from a close distance to then form a view for himself. Come January, or possibly next May latest, he will have had a chance to see what's good and what's not and then start to putting his ideas, opinions and actions in to place.
It could be a long six month for us if performances like yesterday become more of the norm, but R.G. needs to see for himself who is up to his expectations and who is not, on and off the field.

WeeRussell
12-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Why are people so obsessed with how loud or quiet the people 'upstairs' are at Hibs these days, in particular L Dempster? What exactly is it you want to hear from them?

I'm sure this never used to be a thing...

j'adorehibs
12-08-2019, 12:40 PM
people are deluded if they think Ron is just going to start chucking money around......he is just in the door, made substantial investment and hopefully now working on a business model and plan to put that in place.

key will be HTC and ensuring a regular feed of talent to the first team squad......im talking Riordans Fletchers not Shaws and the ilk

to build a squad to compete we will also need to attempt attract the calibre of players the old firm do, that's the bit I struggle with as I just dont see how its done with a 25k fan base who lets face it half only turn up league home games

Exuberance1875
12-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Hibs need a marquee signing to boost fan confidence again! Stevie May could be available and I believe you partner well with big Doidge

#2 Double Tap
12-08-2019, 12:52 PM
people are deluded if they think Ron is just going to start chucking money around......he is just in the door, made substantial investment and hopefully now working on a business model and plan to put that in place.

key will be HTC and ensuring a regular feed of talent to the first team squad......im talking Riordans Fletchers not Shaws and the ilk

to build a squad to compete we will also need to attempt attract the calibre of players the old firm do, that's the bit I struggle with as I just dont see how its done with a 25k fan base who lets face it half only turn up for finals

awe, that yin made me LOL.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2019, 12:54 PM
awe, that yin made me LOL.

it also means we only ever have 12.5k home fans at most for games at ER :(

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2019, 01:40 PM
I said on one of the threads when Ron Gordon took over the club that it wont take long before he comes to realise that the buck stops with him. Folk will tolerate what the see as a long term view of how the club should progress just so long as results stay reasonably decent on the park. If they don't initially the manager will get the flack, but eventually and inevitably the owner will become the target ... anybody who buys a club and doesnt grasp that reality maybe should have thought twice about it in the first place.

As owner STF had credit in the bank as the guy who saved the club from disaster and he had the buffer of Rod Petrie to take most of the flack, but even then after relegation he was not immune to criticism. Ron Gordon has none of that to fall back on, he took over a club in a better position than it has been for decades and no matter what investment he has put in up until now that counts for nothing if all we have to show for it so far is a new paint job in the FF concourse and the clubs worst result in 6 years.

I sincerely hope things start going well for him and Hibs because its what we all want to see …. But what he must understand is that fans of this club have been through decades of mostly dross to get to our wee spot in the sun over the last few years and our willingness and ability to accept more seasons of dross and mediocrity has diminished accordingly.

I don't know about anybody else, but my days of writing off humiliations at Ibrox or Celtic park as just part and parcel of the inequality of Scottish football's financial gulf are long gone … I expect better of Hibs these days and accepting anything less than giving the uglies, Aberdeen and Hearts a tough game isn't on any more.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Hibs need a marquee signing to boost fan confidence again! Stevie May could be available and I believe you partner well with big Doidge

Marquee?

I’m glad we can’t get fan ownership now based on the message board over the last couple of days.

madhatter
12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Marquee?

I’m glad we can’t get fan ownership now based on the message board over the last couple of days.

You also like that we cant get security either? Never understand these statements, we were never getting fan ownership. We were striving for a protecting share. So, instead of fans that, rightly or wrongly, want the best for the club, we have a Peru born American who has no immediate ties with football and certainly no ties to Edinburgh or Hibs. Until Ron comes out and states his plans, I'll take the opinions of Hibs fans, genuinely hurt after a thrashing, over a guy who likely didn't watch it and who likely was in America.

Thank God we are a rich person's play thing! WeAreAllHibs...

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2019, 03:44 PM
You also like that we cant get security either? Never understand these statements, we were never getting fan ownership. We were striving for a protecting share. So, instead of fans that, rightly or wrongly, want the best for the club, we have a Peru born American who has no immediate ties with football and certainly no ties to Edinburgh or Hibs. Until Ron comes out and states his plans, I'll take the opinions of Hibs fans, genuinely hurt after a thrashing, over a guy who likely didn't watch it and who likely was in America.

Thank God we are a rich person's play thing! WeAreAllHibs...

Reading some of the utter drivel on here I’d rather someone looked at it with less emotion and knee jerking and then sorted it out (if it needs sorting). A boy in America might be just the ticket.

This place is a nightmare after every loss, some folk revel in defeat. Imagine if they had a say in running the show.

flash
12-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Years of disappointment make me wary. I hope fervently to be proved wrong.

madhatter
12-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Reading some of the utter drivel on here I’d rather someone looked at it with less emotion and knee jerking and then sorted it out (if it needs sorting). A boy in America might be just the ticket.

This place is a nightmare after every loss, some folk revel in defeat. Imagine if they had a say in running the show.

They wouldn't though. Look how slow HSL gathers funds. It would have taken us close to 20 years to get a majority. Majority which was never spoken about. A boy from America may just be the ticket but current communication doesn't bode well. No change to any budgets and fans being main financier of new training facility is my take on things at the moment.

Think some people revel in defeat but let's not forget this wasnt a normal defeat, it could easily have been 10-1 to Rangers at half time...

For me, there are worrying signs in and around the club. Our communication after a substantial change has been diabolical. Your club is now owned by some bloke in America who is good at saying all the right things, you want substance? Sorry, nothing to hear here.

Stuart93
12-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Wonder if he still expects the fans to “pony up” after the absolute **** show we had to endure yesterday...anymore performances like that and there won’t be many fans turning up never mind ponying up

Gerard
12-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Wonder if he still expects the fans to “pony up” after the absolute **** show we had to endure yesterday...anymore performances like that and there won’t be many fans turning up never mind ponying up

I think RG needs to be given a reasonable period of time to see what his plans in detail for Hibs are.I have confidence in the diligence that was done by the previous PSH of Hibs.
I would like to see more information from Hibs regarding the possible direction that our club may go regarding its future developments.
I think RG given the money he had spent on Hibs will be determined to make sure the club make progress on the football pitch.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2019, 07:23 PM

to build a squad to compete we will also need to attempt attract the calibre of players the old firm do, that's the bit I struggle with as I just dont see how its done with a 25k fan base who lets face it half only turn up league home games

Itll be about getting the most out of the “assets” (sorry) we have HTC. Attracting a calibre first player like the old firm (when they existed) did is a red herring. I’d be surprised if we knicked
a played off Celtc. We got “the pitbull” cos sevcos wheels came off the cart.

We’ll likely never compete with the uglies for players STs/capacity/tv monies and sponsorships will put paid to that what we need to offer is opportunities for the next generation who won’t get a looking whilst the uglies support demands bigger names and care less off the home grown stuff unless they’re exceptional...

But even then if we can attract the cream of the crop of the next gen, that’s fragile as the conveyer belt can always be disrupted with a John Park poaching here and a ridiculous offer for kids services there.

There is no divine right.

The Hibs way tends to be one of perseverance - hard work, determination (the golden generation had no HTC). So there are no short cuts, quick fixes.

Over to you - from Peru - it’s gotta be Ronaldo right???

les83
12-08-2019, 11:13 PM
I agree we wouldn't be talking about this had it not been for Sunday's disaster. I think the fans have every right to be angry. It actually says a lot about the fans and the club's direction of late, that we expect to be in with a fighting chance at these fixtures and not getting absolutely horses like we did in the bad old days.

On the specific issue of Ron I, like many other fans, have reservations . It's good that we are debt free and good that we may see further investment in our training facilities. But ultimately the question niggles at the back of my mind "why does he want Hibs"? We all know that it's nigh impossible to make anything other than a loss in Scottish football (unless you shaft thr club by selling their ground for millions for the land). So why does he want Hibs? Are we a retirement toy? Does he want the land? Is it a prestige to have a sports club after working in sport's media? Without any reason I can't help but worry, or at least have a wariness.
We all know why STF bought Hibs but there's no obvious link here and I just don't see why he would want to rack up losses to his personal finances without one.
Of course we'd all do that if we were millionaires but that's because we're fans but why is Ron wanting to do that?

monktonharp
12-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Wonder if he still expects the fans to “pony up” after the absolute **** show we had to endure yesterday...anymore performances like that and there won’t be many fans turning up never mind ponying upif he was at the game, he must have thought our defence was likened to a roped together caravan of Peruvian donkeys trying to get up a steep hill.

Criswell
12-08-2019, 11:52 PM
It appears to me that Saint Tom our blessed saviour has, only too readily, sold out to the only person or entity who has actually come up with an offer based on real money. Whether this will prove a good thing for the future benefit of the club time will tell. I remain sceptical.

sleeping giant
12-08-2019, 11:58 PM
It appears to me that Saint Tom our blessed saviour has, only too readily, sold out to the only person or entity who has actually come up with an offer based on real money. Whether this will prove a good thing for the future benefit of the club time will tell. I remain sceptical.

It appears to you !

Big assumptions there considering you know nowt about it.

Glory Lurker
13-08-2019, 12:11 AM
I agree we wouldn't be talking about this had it not been for Sunday's disaster. I think the fans have every right to be angry. It actually says a lot about the fans and the club's direction of late, that we expect to be in with a fighting chance at these fixtures and not getting absolutely horses like we did in the bad old days.

On the specific issue of Ron I, like many other fans, have reservations . It's good that we are debt free and good that we may see further investment in our training facilities. But ultimately the question niggles at the back of my mind "why does he want Hibs"? We all know that it's nigh impossible to make anything other than a loss in Scottish football (unless you shaft thr club by selling their ground for millions for the land). So why does he want Hibs? Are we a retirement toy? Does he want the land? Is it a prestige to have a sports club after working in sport's media? Without any reason I can't help but worry, or at least have a wariness.
We all know why STF bought Hibs but there's no obvious link here and I just don't see why he would want to rack up losses to his personal finances without one.
Of course we'd all do that if we were millionaires but that's because we're fans but why is Ron wanting to do that?

:top marks This should be pinned. It can be taken off once all of this is clear.

monktonharp
13-08-2019, 12:25 AM

Of course we'd all do that if we were millionaires but that's because we're fans but why is Ron wanting to do that?has he made any comments yet after the ibrox "debacle"? is he thinking he can take the Pony to the water but cant make it drink/ or are we lambs to the slaughter. I too have reservations but he is now the man in full charge and we need to go with that for a while. we need to win the cup game, that's for sure.

Bay Area Hibees
13-08-2019, 03:51 AM
Blimey,
Terrible result no doubt.
But the owner has to give his management team time.
Sure if form is poor ongoing basis he'd be concerned but too early to say.
Sadly my gut tells me NL is one of best managers we have had/will ever get. And he got fed up with wage bill constraints and let's be honest size of the club vs his ambitions and prior (turns our future club).
Hoping it gets better quickly but let's not get too gloom and doom.
Ggtth

tonyrougier123
13-08-2019, 04:18 AM
Blimey,
Terrible result no doubt.
But the owner has to give his management team time.
Sure if form is poor ongoing basis he'd be concerned but too early to say.
Sadly my gut tells me NL is one of best managers we have had/will ever get. And he got fed up with wage bill constraints and let's be honest size of the club vs his ambitions and prior (turns our future club).
Hoping it gets better quickly but let's not get too gloom and doom.
Ggtth

I admire this attitude bay,but im no gonny be happy to stand by and have another gutless pat fenlon era tbh.sometimes you gotta call it early.
We were terrible its eye bleeding football.

And ron needs to avert the danger signs, or he will find himself more hands on a lot quicker than he probably imagined he would need to be.

Brizo
13-08-2019, 06:21 AM

My concerns about our new owner began when in his address to the HSA reps he made his now oft quoted "pony up" comment. While appreciating his initial investment in buying the club and clearing the debt the fact that his first major pronouncement when in post was to say that he expects the fans to part fund an indoor training facility was a surprising statement of intent.

I'm not aware that he has met with any other supporter representatives or groups or communicated with the fans to set out his plans and vision since that HSA meeting. This silence is also surprising , particularly given his background is sports media !

I don't buy this he's busy working behind the scenes excuse for that lack of communication either. As the owner of a new business and previous owner of a major media company Ron should know that PR is everything in energising and connecting with your new audience. You only get one chance to make a positive first impression and he is losing that opportunity quickly.

It appears that Ron looked at various clubs across Europe before buying Hibs and his apparent settling on Hibs because of ancestral links to Scotland (the north of Scotland) seems a pretty tenuous link to me. That doesn't mean he wont be a great owner and we only have to look back at local boys Duff and Gray to see how badly having Hibbies in charge of the club can go. However I do think that as someone new to Edinburgh and Scottish football he needs to be engaging with all the support to assure us that his motives are genuine.

I am reserving judgement on Ron but both he and LD (who has gone very quiet again) need to communicate our new owners plans and vision for the club particularly at a time when on field disappointment isn't helped by off field boardroom silence.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 06:30 AM
My concerns about our new owner began when in his address to the HSA reps he made his now oft quoted "pony up" comment. While appreciating his initial investment in buying the club and clearing the debt the fact that his first major pronouncement when in post was to say that he expects the fans to part fund an indoor training facility was a surprising statement of intent.

I'm not aware that he has met with any other supporter representatives or groups or communicated with the fans to set out his plans and vision since that HSA meeting. This silence is also surprising , particularly given his background is sports media !

I don't buy this he's busy working behind the scenes excuse for that lack of communication either. As the owner of a new business and previous owner of a major media company Ron should know that PR is everything in energising and connecting with your new audience. You only get one chance to make a positive first impression and he is losing that opportunity quickly.

It appears that Ron looked at various clubs across Europe before buying Hibs and his apparent settling on Hibs because of ancestral links to Scotland (the north of Scotland) seems a pretty tenuous link to me. That doesn't mean he wont be a great owner and we only have to look back at local boys Duff and Gray to see how badly having Hibbies in charge of the club can go. However I do think that as someone new to Edinburgh and Scottish football he needs to be engaging with all the support to assure us that his motives are genuine.

I am reserving judgement on Ron but both he and LD (who has gone very quiet again) need to communicate our new owners plans and vision for the club particularly at a time when on field disappointment isn't helped by off field boardroom silence.

I’ve said earlier on that it is way too early to be judging him but I agree with this.

Ideally I’d like to get a full vision of what’s ahead as I’m not sure we got that other than a couple of short video clips, but failing that just a wee update of sorts would be nice. Even if there’s not masses to say, a wee indication of what’s happening behind the scenes would be nice to hear.

We are getting regular updates from the new fans rep and although none of it is ground breaking stuff it’s really good to hear what’s going on, I think the same principles can be applied higher up the boardroom food chain.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Ron has asked for plans from all departments on how they and their team can improve, from the football side down to the tea makers.

He needs time to get these results in from every department, although for me i hope he steps in and tells the football department sundays result and performance will never be tolerated again.

When he arrived, the debt was cleared, we had an injection of money and we were also £500k a year better off.

**** the infrastructure Ron, get the bloody team on the park right, do this and money will arrive in buckets with a winning team on the park, a new shed out in east mains will give us nothing right now other than gaps in the stands.

We've had the ****in journey to the championship while we were told to be patient, the ground is built, the training centre is built, put a team on the bloody park FFS and stick being patient again where the sun dont shine.

Scott Allan Key
13-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Yep. Glaziers buy the biggest club in the world to add to their nfl portfolio.

Saudis buy City to develop a club to be one of the best in the world in the biggest league in the world and advertise Etihad all over the world commercially.

Ron Gordon buys Hibernian, why? There must be a very legitimate reason, he’s not just woke up one day and liked Mikey Stuart’s analysis on sportscene one Monday. Maybe he’s a massive film lover and loved Sunshine on Leith?City's owner is from Abu Dhabi 'royal' family. Probably a bit more human than the Saudi 'royals'.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Leith Green
13-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Time to pony up Ron ..:

Glory Lurker
13-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Another standard security by the club to Bydand showing at Companies House, this one over the stadium and ticket office.

H18 SFR
13-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Another standard security by the club to Bydand showing at Companies House, this one over the stadium and ticket office.

Does this mean anything significant or is it standard practice?

Speedway
13-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Yes, it’s a retirement toy for him and if he gets bored, he can sell it to Budge.

Glory Lurker
13-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Does this mean anything significant or is it standard practice?

I don’t know, sorry. Just noticed it. Not expert on these things.

The Modfather
13-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Ron has asked for plans from all departments on how they and their team can improve, from the football side down to the tea makers.

He needs time to get these results in from every department, although for me i hope he steps in and tells the football department sundays result and performance will never be tolerated again.

When he arrived, the debt was cleared, we had an injection of money and we were also £500k a year better off.

**** the infrastructure Ron, get the bloody team on the park right, do this and money will arrive in buckets with a winning team on the park, a new shed out in east mains will give us nothing right now other than gaps in the stands.

We've had the ****in journey to the championship while we were told to be patient, the ground is built, the training centre is built, put a team on the bloody park FFS and stick being patient again where the sun dont shine.

In fairness to Ron, if the likes of the recruitment team are not performing as they should it will take him time to analyse that and then look into what improvements need to be made. Throwing money at something that is likely to be badly spent isn’t the way to go. That being said there’s no reason why this seasons budget (including a McGinn bonus and £500k from no more mortgage payments) should have been enough to improve on last season and still bring in the crucial signings we desperately need.

The way I look at this season is we should be doing much better with the budget we have, although still time for that to change. However it won’t be until next season before we see any of Ron’s real changes.

ancient hibee
13-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Presumably Ron should come charging in shooting off his mouth before he fully investigates how things work at the club so that everyone can complain that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.It makes a nice change for somebody to put his money in without needing his mouth to be there first.There’s no big secret .He wants the club to be at the top of Scottish football and to be ready for any European developments that take place.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-08-2019, 01:50 PM

😟😉

Keith_M
13-08-2019, 02:34 PM
So Dundee united knocked him back? Or was he just having a look?

There's been a bit of discussion about which other clubs he also looked at and I thought it worth reminding people of something.

Before David Murray took over at Ibrox in 1988, he tried to buy Ayr Utd, but was knocked back.

When Rangers were celebrating their ninth league win on the trot in 1997, I don't think many Rangers Fans were too worried about that.

Greenworld
13-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Another standard security by the club to Bydand showing at Companies House, this one over the stadium and ticket office.Noticed that also not sure If it's just further legal stuff. Looks like it but I'm no expert on that side of things

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Presumably Ron should come charging in shooting off his mouth before he fully investigates how things work at the club so that everyone can complain that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.It makes a nice change for somebody to put his money in without needing his mouth to be there first.There’s no big secret .He wants the club to be at the top of Scottish football and to be ready for any European developments that take place.

Of course there is no halfway house here, and Dempster who is still apparently running the show wouldnt realise that spending more which we are supposed to have, could give us a better side?

Unless she realises her appointment as manager is not as good as she first thought?

James Stephen
13-08-2019, 02:39 PM

Have a day off.

lord bunberry
13-08-2019, 02:40 PM
I think he should offer Mackie a square go for being sent off on Sunday. He needs to set the tone.

Beefster
13-08-2019, 05:29 PM
I’m as ****ed off as anyone about Sunday’s pumping but folk are directing their ire at the wrong place with Gordon (or even Dempster). We’ve spent a ****ing fortune buying and paying for players Heckingbottom wanted.

As for the ‘why would he be interested in Hibs’ stuff - why not? I’m pretty sure that he’s already stated that he was looking at clubs in the UK. Hibs were available, affordable and attractive. Might be an idea to wait until he actually does anything suspicious before you jump on him.

greenlex
13-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Kinda where I am. On the football front although getting horsed by those ****ers on Sunday is a hard kick in the gonads it’s how we respond this weekend and going forward. That will tell us much more about the management team and the new players than Sunday’s result and performance.

Torto7
13-08-2019, 05:51 PM
I’m as ****ed off as anyone about Sunday’s pumping but folk are directing their ire at the wrong place with Gordon (or even Dempster). We’ve spent a ****ing fortune buying and paying for players Heckingbottom wanted.

As for the ‘why would he be interested in Hibs’ stuff - why not? I’m pretty sure that he’s already stated that he was looking at clubs in the UK. Hibs were available, affordable and attractive. Might be an idea to wait until he actually does anything suspicious before you jump on him.

Bang on. Healthy skepticism is fine but RG hasn't done anything to worry me so far. Even the much quoted ponying up sounded like he was talking about the fans just continuing their support via season tickets/HSL etc to me.

If the budget has been spent though can someone show some foresight and loosen it a bit to bring in a couple of players preferably in midfield.

Tshibola and Daniel Mandroiu will do for starters.

chrisski33
13-08-2019, 05:58 PM
Dont think we were gonna be suddenly league contenders just cos we have a new owner. It will take time and tbf to Ron he has allowed PH to buy players and it wasnt Ron who employed PH but he maybe the man to sack him at christmas

bingo70
13-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Dont think we were gonna be suddenly league contenders just cos we have a new owner. It will take time and tbf to Ron he has allowed PH to buy players and it wasnt Ron who employed PH but he maybe the man to sack him at christmas

I think it’s inevitable he’ll want his own man in unless Heckers was/is doing a brilliant job.

He’s just spent £6m of his own hard end money, is he really likely to stand back and say ‘aye just you carry on, do what you want, doesn’t bother me’.........

He’s bound to want to have a say in who arguably the most important person at the club is. Obviously if Heckingbottom has us performing well or above expectations then great, there’s no need to rock the boat and pay compensation unnecessarily, if however he is doing a poor/average job I’d be amazed if Ron just sits back and watches it unfold.

Crab apple
13-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I think it's too early to be having a go at RG. He didn't pick the team on Sunday or sign the players this summer.

Lago
13-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Anyone who thinks Hibs will ever be league contenders is living in cloud cookoo land.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:08 PM
One bad result and all of a sudden it’s RG in the firing line? That is vintage Hibs.net 😂

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Tom Farmer would not sell if he didn’t feel it was in the interests of the club.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 07:13 PM
One bad result and all of a sudden it’s RG in the firing line? That is vintage Hibs.net 😂

Depends if you generalise on what everyone is saying or take each post at face value.

There’s not many people having a real pop at him but when there’s talk from the manager of our budget being spent already when we’re clearly well short I don’t think it’s that unreasonable a talking point on a Hibs discussion forum. If you then throw in the radio silence since he first joined and the natural scepticism that comes from change it’s surely not that much of a surprise he’s being discussed?

I can’t see him spending as much as he has to then lose interest so quickly but I’d personally like to hear from him a bit more.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 07:16 PM

How many years of patience were we asked to have under the last regime, while they built the infrastructure?

Then the first thing Ron does the minute he walks in the door is say we need more finances diverted towards more.

Why cant we not have a few years of just concentrating on putting the best team we can on the park, without more patience, more infrastructure and again when this is done, whats next, a bloody helipad, as i genuinely think we probably will build one of those rather than give us a decent football team.

Since90+2
13-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Anyone who thinks Hibs will ever be league contenders is living in cloud cookoo land.

I'm sure something similar was posted on a Leicester forum a few years back.

Dr Jimmy
13-08-2019, 07:24 PM
How many years of patience were we asked to have under the last regime, while they built the infrastructure?

Then the first thing Ron does the minute he walks in the door is say we need more finances diverted towards more.

Why cant we not have a few years of just concentrating on putting the best team we can on the park, without more patience, more infrastructure and again when this is done, whats next, a bloody helipad, as i genuinely think we probably will build one of those rather than give us a decent football team.
100% this!!
Sick and tired of building things that increase the sell price for the owner.
Invest in good players, stuff the rest!!

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:26 PM

The guy is in the door for a matter of weeks ffs, the infrastructure - being the indoor pitch- is a part of project brave and isn’t it a requirement of the scheme to have it?

The manager has been backed, so was Lennon for 3 summer windows. Money IS being put into the playing budget.

It was never going to be millions sloshing about was it?

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Depends if you generalise on what everyone is saying or take each post at face value.

There’s not many people having a real pop at him but when there’s talk from the manager of our budget being spent already when we’re clearly well short I don’t think it’s that unreasonable a talking point on a Hibs discussion forum. If you then throw in the radio silence since he first joined and the natural scepticism that comes from change it’s surely not that much of a surprise he’s being discussed?

I can’t see him spending as much as he has to then lose interest so quickly but I’d personally like to hear from him a bit more.

No it’s not a surprise, not at all. But RG isn’t responsible for which individual players are signed - in fact I would be surprised if he had any input over this summers budget at all.

jeffers
13-08-2019, 07:28 PM

I don't think he's in the firing line, but his "pony up" comment did him no favours, especially when it relates to spending £3-4M on an indoor facility when our squad is severly lacking and our manager has twice stated there is no budget to bring in new players.

The questions being asked of him are being brought up more based on Sunday's embarrassment, but that's not to say they are not legitimate and have not been brought up previously. I would question the motives of anyone who buys a football club, especially one they have no emotional attachment to. What's in it for him ? He's a millionaire, not a billionaire, so he's not going to invest enough money into the club to give us a realistic chance of ever winning the league. The best he can hope for is we finish 3rd, maybe win a cup and play a few rounds in the Europa League.

He may well be great for the club, but until he reveals his plans for the club it's only natural some of us have reservations, especially those of us old enough to remember the time we almost went out of business due to the mismanagement of a previous owner.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:32 PM
I don't think he's in the firing line, but his "pony up" comment did him no favours, especially when it relates to spending £3-4M on an indoor facility when our squad is severly lacking and our manager has twice stated there is no budget to bring in new players.

The questions being asked of him are being brought up more based on Sunday's embarrassment, but that's not to say they are not legitimate and have not been brought up previously. I would question the motives of anyone who buys a football club, especially one they have no emotional attachment to. What's in it for him ? He's a millionaire, not a billionaire, so he's not going to invest enough money into the club to give us a realistic chance of ever winning the league. The best he can hope for is we finish 3rd, maybe win a cup and play a few rounds in the Europa League.

He may well be great for the club, but until he reveals his plans for the club it's only natural some of us have reservations, especially those of us old enough to remember the time we almost went out of business due to the mismanagement of a previous owner.

No it didn’t, but the scrutiny he is facing having been in the door a matter of weeks is just ridiculous. As I said in my reply to Bingo, how much input will he have had this season?

The guy is an astute business person, he knows that football clubs aren’t profit making machines.

Smartie
13-08-2019, 07:33 PM
No it didn’t, but the scrutiny he is facing having been in the door a matter of weeks is just ridiculous. As I said in my reply to Bingo, how much input will he have had this season?

The guy is an astute business person, he knows that football clubs aren’t profit making machines.

He'll also know that if the club has been on more or less the right track for a while (which we have) then you'd be mad to come in and make sweeping changes on day 1.

Size the place up, see what you think, then make changes as appropriate.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 07:35 PM
The guy is in the door for a matter of weeks ffs, the infrastructure - being the indoor pitch- is a part of project brave and isn’t it a requirement of the scheme to have it?

The manager has been backed, so was Lennon for 3 summer windows. Money IS being put into the playing budget.

It was never going to be millions sloshing about was it?

How many other clubs are building indoor pitches for project brave?

Why is it we ALWAYS have to have the best of everything new outside the team, yet here we are again watching drivel, although at least they have fantastic facilities to hone that drivel.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:35 PM
He'll also know that if the club has been on more or less the right track for a while (which we have) then you'd be mad to come in and make sweeping changes on day 1.

Size the place up, see what you think, then make changes as appropriate.

Exactly.

Jones28
13-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Why is it we ALWAYS have to have the best of everything new outside the team, yet here we are again watching drivel, although at least they have fantastic facilities to hone that drivel.

I don’t know, hence the question.

What we do know is that money had been spent, Hecky has been backed financially and it should be him that takes the flak over anyone else here.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Because money being spent on infrastructure goes far further than it does on the first team and it’s more likely to bring long term success.

We can’t afford to spend the money to be the best team in the country but we can have the best infrastructure in the country and produce the best young players which then brings much longer term benefits.

A couple of million on players would allow us to spend an extra few grand a week on some players over a 3 or 4 year contract and not guaranteed to bring any more success , especially if it’s spent badly the way the money appears to have been spent this summer.

We all want the best team on the park we can get but if I was to win the euromillions and buy Hibs I’d spend it on the infrastructure first too.

lord bunberry

Every club involved with project brave has to have an indoor pitch. It would’ve been built whether the takeover happened or not. What surprises me is that the money has not already been put aside for it, we’ve made money in transfer fees and add ons that hasn’t been spent on the first team, but we’re being asked to pony up to pay for it.

#2 Double Tap

the cost of this indoor facility has grown arms and legs in the space of a few months, im sure when it was first spoken about we was looking at a bill of around £1m..........

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Every club involved with project brave has to have an indoor pitch. It would’ve been built whether the takeover happened or not. What surprises me is that the money has not already been put aside for it, we’ve made money in transfer fees and add ons that hasn’t been spent on the first team, but we’re being asked to pony up to pay for it.

Genuine question, why do we need to be involved in project brave?:confused:

jeffers
13-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Like I said I think the scrutiny is fair until he can demonstrate his plan and vision for the club. It's not based on Sunday's result, although it didn't help matters, I had the same questions/concerns before then. He said there is a seven figure sum available to the club to do with what it wants. I'd suggest as owner that should be his call, but our manager has said he doesn't have funds to sign new players, when we can all see we are lacking in certain areas.

I have no doubt he is an astute businessman, the same could be said of Budge at Hearts, doesn't mean they will be great at running a football club. Until he can explain why I'm still going to wonder what's in it for him.

#2 Double Tap
13-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Because money being spent on infrastructure goes far further than it does on the first team and it’s more likely to bring long term success.

We can’t afford to spend the money to be the best team in the country but we can have the best infrastructure in the country and produce the best young players which then brings much longer term benefits.

A couple of million on players would allow us to spend an extra few grand a week on some players over a 3 or 4 year contract and not guaranteed to bring any more success , especially if it’s spent badly the way the money appears to have been spent this summer.

We all want the best team on the park we can get but if I was to win the euromillions and buy Hibs I’d spend it on the infrastructure first too.

thats the reason you would never go down in history as a great owner, and you would have thousands of us hating you just as we did petrie, we would hunt you down and beat you up! haha

Since452
13-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Wonder if the pumping will have sped up Rons plans. Might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. We can only hope!

Lago
13-08-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm sure something similar was posted on a Leicester forum a few years back.
Hibs have Ron, for now, Leicester had a Thia billionaire.

lord bunberry
13-08-2019, 07:51 PM
I don’t think it’s a bad idea as it will attract the best young players. What worries me is that we haven’t learned from the mistakes from the past where infrastructure spending comes at the expense of the first team.

bingo70
13-08-2019, 07:54 PM
thats the reason you would never go down in history as a great owner, and you would have thousands of us hating you just as we did petrie, we would hunt you down and beat you up! haha

Good luck with that, I’ve just won the euromillions, I’ll be on a desert island getting peace away from you losers.

Rewind 10 years though, I wonder if Ajax fans with they had spent a few million on buying someone like that Celtic left back that just cost £3m and looks utter dug ***** or invested properly in their infrastructure to produce the players like they are now.

That’s probably a bad example as Ajax have always bored us with producing player after player , it was the first club I could think of to illustrate my point though.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 07:55 PM

Is it, with what we've spent over the years we should be better surely?

I'm not convinced we are producing any more players than anyone else.

Better players whether they are brought in or produced should give us better results, but as you say is reliant on the manager.

When does the team become the focal point, the main reason we support the club?

Torto7
13-08-2019, 07:56 PM

From my limited understanding funding from the SFA is going into the elite academies and we want to be included in that. Although how much that funding is and whether or not it's worth spending millions on a indoor facility I don't know. Couldn't we just hire Oriam when or if the indoor facility was needed due to weather etc?

I'd love to see Hibs try the French model where the club is linked to a school with prospects getting specialized coaching alongside their studies.

#2 Double Tap
13-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Good luck with that, I’ve just won the euromillions, I’ll be on a desert island getting peace away from you losers.

Rewind 10 years though, I wonder if Ajax fans with they had spent a few million on buying someone like that Celtic left back that just cost £3m and looks utter dug ***** or invested properly in their infrastructure to produce the players like they are now.

That’s probably a bad example as Ajax have always bored us with producing player after player , it was the first club I could think of to illustrate my point though.

haha, just you remember there is Hibees everywhere!:na na:

bingo70
13-08-2019, 08:07 PM
When does the team become the focal point, the main reason we support the club?

I think it is and always has been.

How you go about getting the best team is what is maybe up for debate. How much higher is Aberdeen’s turnover than ours? Think it was maybe £3 or £4m so we’d need to spend that much to compete with Aberdeen and hope to get 3rd or 4th. That’s not ambition, it’s daft and its not spending the money wisely.

Getting and producing the best young players is the way forward IMO. Did we not recently lose that Josh McPake to rangers who is not being linked to Roma? Sure there was another top young player we lost to Celtic around the same time.

This infrastructure is for the benefit of the club and the team, nobody else, it’s not a stand, helipad or somewhere for Ron to go on his holidays. This should have a direct and long lasting positive impact on the first team.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 08:10 PM
I think it is and always has been.

How you go about getting the best team is what is maybe up for debate. How much higher is Aberdeen’s turnover than ours? Think it was maybe £3 or £4m so we’d need to spend that much to compete with Aberdeen and hope to get 3rd or 4th. That’s not ambition, it’s daft and its not spending the money wisely.

Getting and producing the best young players is the way forward IMO. Did we not recently lose that Josh McPake to rangers who is not being linked to Roma? Sure there was another top young player we lost to Celtic around the same time.

This infrastructure is for the benefit of the club and the team, nobody else, it’s not a stand, helipad or somewhere for Ron to go on his holidays. This should have a direct and long lasting positive impact on the first team.

What is the point in having the best youth policy if as you said, they are picked off for sweeties?

bingo70
13-08-2019, 08:14 PM
What is the point in having the best youth policy if as you said, they are picked off for sweeties?

So we could afford to keep them and offer them the best facilities in the land.

If we could have offered him the same financial package as Rangers with better facilities and a better chance of breaking through he might have stayed.

We can’t compete with them financially at first team level but I’d hope we could at youth level.

Steve-O
13-08-2019, 08:16 PM

Unhelpful attitude which I hope nobody at our club has. Whether or not their budgets are superior, they’re our competition, along with the other 9.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 08:17 PM
So we could afford to keep them and offer them the best facilities in the land.

If we could have offered him the same financial package as Rangers with better facilities and a better chance of breaking through he might have stayed.

We can’t compete with them financially at first team level but I’d hope we could at youth level.

That makes no sense to me, their football budget is bigger than ours, and that should trickle down to the youth team?

bingo70
13-08-2019, 08:23 PM
That makes no sense to me, their football budget is bigger than ours, and that should trickle down to the youth team?

Depends how they prioritise their budget presumably.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Depends how they prioritise their budget presumably.

They pay more now, why wouldn't they in the future?

bingo70
13-08-2019, 08:33 PM
They pay more now, why wouldn't they in the future?

Because we’re spending more money focusing on that area of the club.

I’m maybe getting ahead of myself and missed out a step in my argument but to me the business model has to be have the best youth set up in the country, bring through the best young players, sell them and then reinvest that in the whole club, not just the first team.

Without the best facilities in the country we won’t attract the best young players. Now the rangers are back properly no team will be finishing 2nd any time soon, *****ing millions to compete for 3rd for a season is stupid IMO. Much more sensible trying to grow the whole club from the bottom up, as boring as it is short term.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Because we’re spending more money focusing on that area of the club.

I’m maybe getting ahead of myself and missed out a step in my argument but to me the business model has to be have the best youth set up in the country, bring through the best young players, sell them and then reinvest that in the whole club, not just the first team.

Without the best facilities in the country we won’t attract the best young players. Now the rangers are back properly no team will be finishing 2nd any time soon, *****ing millions to compete for 3rd for a season is stupid IMO. Much more sensible trying to grow the whole club from the bottom up, as boring as it is short term.

I disagree, the others will spend on their youth set up accordingly, and we will fall in line with the spending as usual.

Just another box ticking exercise in my opinion.