PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Monts
11-08-2019, 04:04 PM
It's fair to say that no manager would get an easy ride after a result like today, but should Paul get a bit of leeway due to his results so far?

Or does his style of football have alarm bells ringing, regardless of results?

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 04:07 PM
His decision to take allan off is enough for me. This is his team. It isnt good enough.

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Don't want to put the boot in just yet but this is a very very poor result and I'm struggling to see exactly what his team is trying to do, no urgency and no pace in the team. So far apart from Jackson the rest have been poor particularly Newell and Doidge looked so out of place today it's scary, he looked like a very lower league player. We need at least 4 players in or he'll be gone in a month or so.

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 04:08 PM
One horrendous defeat that's all. The new players need to learn from this.. and fast. Rangers have been on fire this season, sadly.

Northernhibee
Both. I'll defend his results so far but today was ****ing dreadful.

There's one person who I'm more angry at and that's Mackie. We were back in the game before he chucked the game for us.

Even still, an alarm bell in my head for the first time today.

flash
He is certainly under pressure. How he reacts will decide his future.

stuart-farquhar
11-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Out.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Stubbs/Lennon would never have accepted this.

hibee_girl
I'm willing to wait and see how we do over the next few weeks before calling for him to go.

Hibeesmad

100%

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 04:11 PM

And he has? He hasn't even did an aftermatch interview yet, so we don't know what he's saying.

Allant1981
I didnt think the starting line up was that bad but his decisions during the game haven't helped him, mackie should have been off at half time, newell should have been off also, then to take the only 2 players who were actually half decent was mental

CloudSquall
I have huge doubts on the signings and I hope it isn't a case of someone coming from down south thinking it's just a mickey mouse league and any signing from League 1 / League 2 is going to walk it up here.

yonder1875
Out of his depth. Saved by a wee bounce we got when he first came in.

overdrive
11-08-2019, 04:12 PM
I’d be willing to overlook the result if the style of football was better. He won’t last long.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Out of his depth. Saved by a wee bounce we got when he first came in.

Correct.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:13 PM
I’d be willing to overlook the result if the style of football was better. He won’t last long.
What's your opinion on the new signings, are the up for it?

Saint Hibee
Dropping Kamberi and Jackson alone deserves questions.

Pedantic_Hibee
If he hasn’t put his hands up and admitted he put out the wrong team and gave them too much respect then I’m afraid I’ve got more than a few misgivings over him.

Wise up and start walking the walk, Heckingbottom. That is simply nowhere near good enough.

As for Mackie...a few weeks in the colts team is what he needs.

Joe6-2
And he has? He hasn't even did an aftermatch interview yet, so we don't know what he's saying.

Can’t wait to hear it

ChickenCurryYLT
11-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Sack him now.

The Captain....
11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
I’d be willing to overlook the result if the style of football was better. He won’t last long.Or if we were signing players to play in some semblance of a system. We seem to have mastered being a team who dont score many and look like conceding loads..all while being eye bleeding negative.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

bill_reed
what got me was he got his player in early so they could hit the ground running... what i have seen from his new players so far has been poorer that we had last year... 1/4 Million on a forward that don't look like he a premier quality player... also we had three academy players in the squad. two that had to play... that seems to me that we don't have quality in all positions….

norhfc
Horrendous result, Hecky has to take the criticism , this is his team. No excuses, will be an interesting post match interview. Scott Allan was apparently injured so was taken off.
We need a major reaction after this.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Out.

Yip 100%

His decision to sub two of our most creative players was bizarre to say the least, I want to hear his excuses after that.

Sub standard players brought in and an ageing defence were utterly useless today.

Embarrassing to say the least.

HibbySpurs
Put it this way, he’ll be given every chance to show this was simply a bump in the road but the honeymoon is most definitely over.

MrSmith
11-08-2019, 04:16 PM
horrible just horrible. I can’t watch his brand of football, no passion, no fire nor does his team know what going forward means. Walking sideways as Bon Scott would say.

stantonsboots
Stubbs/Lennon would never have accepted this.we got beat 6-2at Easter Road by them with Stubbs in charge!

supermcginn
I don't rate him at all. Out by xmas.

supermcginn
we got beat 6-2at Easter Road by them with Stubbs in charge!

Mostly a reserve team in a diddy cup that day.

overdrive
What's your opinion on the new signings, are the up for it?

No.
Newell is weak
James is far too casual
Doidge is James Collins mk II
Jackson is ok but his passing last week was pathetic.
Vela showed promise in the League Cup. Pathetic in the League games.
Maxwell... who knows but he looks a touch over weight to me?

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 04:17 PM
It's fair to say that no manager would get an easy ride after a result like today, but should Paul get a bit of leeway due to his results so far?

Or does his style of football have alarm bells ringing, regardless of results?

No Comment

Billy McKirdy
Disgusting result, no more can be said

IngolstadtHarry
The days of looking forward to games at Ibrox are now over and we'd better get used to it.
Is there any way that we can still spin and twist things to blame Lennon for today's shambles?

Northernhibee
No Comment

What a clever post that adds lots to this board :rolleyes:

Willis1875
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Warning signs are already there for me, wouldn't be arsed if we got rid

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Yip 100%

His decision to sub two of our most creative players was bizarre to say the least, I want to hear his excuses after that.

Sub standard players brought in and an ageing defence were utterly useless today.

Shookily peg territory and I can’t see us improving dramatically.

Robbo6-2
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Sadly we are going backwards under Hecky.

Being brutally honest all of his signings are not good enough.

Not looking good.

HibeeBigFly
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
One horrendous defeat that's all. The new players need to learn from this.. and fast. Rangers have been on fire this season, sadly.

How, they have beaten some questionable teams in Europe and were far from convincing against Killie (last min winner) whom got beat by Hamilton. Today they started without Morelos (thank god) and went with a 37 year old player who years ago couldn’t get into the Bournemouth squad.

Biggie
11-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Yet to see this "high pressing game, with pace"
Signings are honking.
I'd think twice before opening the chequebook again....goodness knows how much hes *****ed on these duds...
****in hibs eh ?!

franck sauzee
We came out the better team second half, playing in their half for first 10 mins. Shocking ball out from Rocky and we're hemmed in again. Then from maybe the next move Mackie has us out the game with that moment of madness. Thought he played quite well until then. Can't understand the sub from Hecky. We were already a midfielder down and struggling to contain their midfield as it was. The sub should have been Doidge off Kamberi on. Shocking

Heisenberg
There’s no chance he’ll be sacked now. Remaining time in the window and he’s just signed a whole new team. He’ll get a chance to sort it out after today, which I think is fair.

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:21 PM
I didnt think the starting line up was that bad but his decisions during the game haven't helped him, mackie should have been off at half time, newell should have been off also, then to take the only 2 players who were actually half decent was mental

Newell was subbed at HT

Johnny_Leith
He'll be away by Xmas, unfortunately.

WhileTheChief..
Calderwood all over again.

Listen to his interviews, I’m not convinced by anything he says at all.

Looks way out of his depth and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he left.

Hermit Crab
His decision to take allan off is enough for me. This is his team. It isnt good enough.

Allan was injured.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Newell was subbed at HT

Yeah I meant earlier!

Hakim Sar
11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
I posted a positive viewpoint this week about the manager and the season ahead. I'll stand by that for now. I still think that out with Celtic Rangers and Aberdeen we will be ok.

I also think, however, there is a very strong possibility that Heckingbottom has completely underestimated this league. What really concerns me is that if results start to tumble the fans will make it impossible for Heck to continue. Good Rangers or bad rangers , that result is unacceptable. That's a few times now Heck has not had a clue how to start a game against a big rival.

Yours sincerely,
A worried Hibee

Steve20
11-08-2019, 04:23 PM
The warning signs were there at the end of last season. But people chose not to see it because too many just accept mediocrity. Well, it’s worse than that now. Signings pathetic, squad no pace, lack of attacking options, no idea how to set a team up.

We laugh at Levein for being crap, but look at the pathetic manager we’ve got too. Dempster will need to accept she got this one wrong and move on. There is no point in him staying because he’s not capable of doing better. He’s just a bad manager.

Hermit Crab
He’s clueless. Get him out!

One up front at home v st Mirren

Down to 10 men at Ibrox and he has 2 strikers on the park. Incredible decision.

Newell - murder

Doidge - we paid money for him?? Horrendous.

lucky
Poor performance but the sending off gave total control of the game to Rangers. Taking off Allan was a strange decision unless he was injured. We lost what little shape we had after he went off. I don’t know why he changed a winning team. His signings don’t look like an upgrade on what we had last season. Like many others I’m not convinced by him or his tactics

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
What a clever post that adds lots to this board :rolleyes:

What do you want me to ****in say. I said no comment as its all been said before, not gonna change

dphibs
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Sack him now.

Unfortunately that’s not going to happen

rcarter1
11-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Yip 100%

I think, - Cough - that he was trying to protect us from being humiliated.... :embarrass

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:26 PM
He went 2 up top to try and salvage the game - it backfired spectacularly and we capitulated last 10 or so

we were very much in the game before Mackies stupidity

Unseen work
11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
We were really poor first half but actually managed to get back into it with the goal, we ended the first half well and started the second well.

Mackies red and then Heckingbottoms decision to take Allan off for Kamberi killed us.

Allan appeared to be carrying s knock but to me the obvious sub was Slivka.

playing a 432 when rangers were already dominating the midfield for most the game was a brave (stupid) decision.

We need a lot more steel, pace and creativity in our team.

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Poor performance but the sending off gave total control of the game to Rangers. Taking off Allan was a strange decision unless he was injured.

He did hold his knee when making a block from a cross out left - i thought he was done then

went off to get treated when we were down to 10 men

presuming he was injured

Horgan only every lasts around 60-70 mins - made sense to take him out

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Using League cup games as glorified friendlies was bad enough, the performances there should've been a wake up call that something isn't right. People talk about recruitment team but the manager always has final say, Newell, Doidge, Jackson and James are all his signings probably from his knowledge down south, Vela comes with credentials and just looks a bit behind fitness wise. Generally other teams pick up wee gems from down south but rarely they try and sign 4-5 of them, we still need ed around 4 players who knew the Scottish game, I'd have gone for Shankland.

Sioux
11-08-2019, 04:29 PM
We came out the better team second half, playing in their half for first 10 mins. Shocking ball out from Rocky and we're hemmed in again. Then from maybe the next move Mackie has us out the game with that moment of madness. Thought he played quite well until then. Can't understand the sub from Hecky. We were already a midfielder down and struggling to contain their midfield as it was. The sub should have been Doidge off Kamberi on. Shocking

How the F is that gonna change the midfield.

hfc-1875
I think we should wait and see how the next 5 or 6 games go. Today was an embarrassment however and he should be feeling the pressure. No excuses for him now, this is his own team. And I have to say none of the new signings look up to the mark. Hope I’m wrong and they come good but they look like squad players at best not players who are going to come in and improve the team and start every game. Shocking and the next few results will be telling.

gillythehibby

Lets b honest the players would have been too scared to perform like that under Lenny

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 04:30 PM
No.
Newell is weak
James is far too casual
Doidge is James Collins mk II
Jackson is ok but his passing last week was pathetic.
Vela showed promise in the League Cup. Pathetic in the League games.
Maxwell... who knows but he looks a touch over weight to me?
The Polar Bear was more than a touch overweight and he turned out just fine 😁
Agree about all the rest though

NC1875
11-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Said in another thread last week that we won’t be competing with rangers anymore. Sadly, they are a cut above everyone apart from Celtic now.

I’m happy to give Hecky time, but I expect to see better performances against the weaker teams. Starting next week

J-C

Flo might've held up the ball batter to allow the midfield to link up, Doidge was the invisible man.

Greencore
Lets b honest the players would have been too scared to perform like that under Lenny

Correct.

BoltonHibee
Using League cup games as glorified friendlies was bad enough, the performances there should've been a wake up call that something isn't right. People talk about recruitment team but the manager always has final say, Newell, Doidge, Jackson and James are all his signings probably from his knowledge down south, Vela comes with credentials and just looks a bit behind fitness wise. Generally other teams pick up wee gems from down south but rarely they try and sign 4-5 of them, we still need ed around 4 players who knew the Scottish game, I'd have gone for Shankland.

Vela has no credentials. He’s not kicked a ball in seasons. He has to prove himself all over again, unfortunately what we’ve seen off him suggests the kind of form displayed at Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Thats absolutely nonsense

We were probably more inept up at Rugby park when the lights kept going out

Also shambles at Well just before Lenny left

Embarrassed up at pittodrie

Lets not kid on that we were never poor under Lennon. Going down to 10 men killed us, as we had a real foothold in the game for the previous 20 mins and the fans were starting to get on Rangers backs

McKenzie
11-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Everyone does realise we have a recruitment team and it’s not primarily Heckingbottom signing these players?

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Vela has no credentials. He’s not kicked a ball in seasons. He has to prove himself all over again, unfortunately what we’ve seen off him suggests the kind of form displayed at Bolton.

85 games in the Championship and 53 in League 1 should be enough of a player to do the business here.

paul_hfc3
11-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Everyone does realise we have a recruitment team and it’s not primarily Heckingbottom signing these players?

They are his players though. That's what we were all thinking last season that he would bring in the players who would fit in the team and his style of football.

heid the baw
11-08-2019, 04:36 PM
My view is that Slivka should always start at Ibrox, Celtic Pk and Tynecastle. Kamberi is a better loan striker option to start.
Rangers are not the mugs they were under previous managers so there is no point in trying to go for it with 10 men.
Having said that it is better to get that horror show out of the way early in the season.

franck sauzee

Because Allan would still be on! If he was injured then we had Slivka on the bench. Game was over when we made that sub. Had to try our best to keep it tight and grab a goal on the break. Was suicide taking yet another midfielder off

J-C

All signings are final say of the manager, the recruitment team suggest 3-4 players for each position required and the manager has the last word.

rotherhamrob
He's as negative as f***.
When we capitulated against celtic in the cup I thought he might have learned from it but nothing has changed.
The signs were there in the split fixtures and only a result against hearts saved him from more criticism.
As for recruitment, you can send newell back to where I live and the others appear to be no more than average.
He has to learn from this or he'll be gone by the winter break.

paul_hfc3
11-08-2019, 04:37 PM
I personally think he should stay I think it's a bit of knee jerk reaction to call for his sacking after one very poor result. He's achieved good things at Hibs since he has been here and definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:37 PM

Who is the recruitment team comprised of?

skyhibs
11-08-2019, 04:38 PM
I for one would be happy to see him go and hope he takes a few of the players he brought in with him.... last week at home against st midden he plays one up front and Whittaker nearly getting man of the match tells you all you need to know about the rest of the team..... we need some pace and another striker and would like to see someone go on runs against defenders.... hibs get the ball and the first thing they do is look to see who they can pass it back to.... no pace and no high pressing... am sure he said that’s what we would get from our team... I think he will be away by Xmas and we will need to get rid of all his players with the new manager wanting his own players so expect another **** season... next season less season ticket holders meaning less money to spend on players.... anyway hope I am miles wrong and we start playing football... might just be the kick up the arse we need.... I wouldn’t bet on it though...

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:39 PM
I personally think he should stay I think it's a bit of knee jerk reaction to call for his sacking after one very poor result. He's achieved good things at Hibs since he has been here and definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.

I agree; that's a sensible post. However, we must not see a repeat of today. Hecky has bridges to build with the fans now.

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Who is the recruitment team comprised of?

George Craig, Graeme Mathie, Michael Meechan, Charlie Kivlin

skyhibs

He he has achieved nothing apart from a few wins against teams we should be beating anyway and his signings have made us worse and negative as **** or heck if you like

BoltonHibee
85 games in the Championship and 53 in League 1 should be enough of a player to do the business here.

But he was pish there, chosen more often than not out of necessity latterly. Don’t kid yourself that this was some sort of great signing. He was great when he burst on the scene but those days are long gone.

His previous coaches say the same thing.

Allant1981

Folk have been secretly waiting on this for a while though as they have never taken to the manager, this is when he proves how good he actually is by bouncing back from what is possibly the worst game in years

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
How, they have beaten some questionable teams in Europe and were far from convincing against Killie (last min winner) whom got beat by Hamilton. Today they started without Morelos (thank god) and went with a 37 year old player who years ago couldn’t get into the Bournemouth squad.

C'mon Defoe is a great player, even at 37. How many Man utd teams got last minute winners? It's the sign of a great team that they never give up. And there are very few bad teams in Europe now.. Playing 10 men at Ibrox, we were always gonna take a honking. It was very disappointing.

MWHIBBIES
He’s clueless. Get him out!

One up front at home v st Mirren

Down to 10 men at Ibrox and he has 2 strikers on the park. Incredible decision.

Newell - murder

Rangers played with one upfront today? Why on earth is that something to hold against a manager?

Wakeyhibee
Celtic and Rangers budgets have always been bigger than ours by far. It's the way we handle going up against them in footballing terms that worries me.

Teams like St Johnstone and Motherwells turnovers are only half of ours and closer to us than we are to the OF, that's more of a worry to me.

I think these next 2 league games will seal his fate one way or the other. I'm hoping today is an aboration and a one off, but his comments on Hibs doing this/that, "Rangers havent changed" guff etc... is starting to make me think twice.

Hibs in general need a big dose of reality of where we are. Fortunately Big Ron has just ploughed his money in and will want results, he's been quiet, I'm not sure how long it will take before some action will be taken.

J-C
But he was pish there, chosen more often than not out of necessity latterly. Don’t kid yourself that this was some sort of great signing. He was great when he burst on the scene but those days are long gone.

His previous coaches say the same thing.

TBF I knew little of him before he came, heard the name and was looked at going onto bigger things, disappointed if he's went downhill so quickly, may be a temperament thing.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Cheers, mate. I must say the new signings haven't impressed at all so far.

calumhibee1
11-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Rangers played with one upfront today? Why on earth is that something to hold against a manager?

:agree:

People get far too hung up on the fact we play one up top.. like near enough every other team.

Fifehibby74
11-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Has PH done post match interview yet?

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Folk have been secretly waiting on this for a while though as they have never taken to the manager, this is when he proves how good he actually is by bouncing back from what is possibly the worst game in years

Really? most were saying last week and the weeks prior that the football was dire as hell and we were lucky to get the win last week. Look through the posts and you'll see many posts having a go at his tactics and certain players he brought in.

MWHIBBIES
:agree:

People get far too hung up on the fact we play one up top.. like near enough every other team.

It cracks me up. Been about 15 years since any decent side played 442.

Not In The Know
Sack him now.

Ltyf

SunshineOnLeith
11-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Gone by Christmas, or sooner if any halfway decent alternative becomes available.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Ltyf

Pipe down.

Allant1981
Really? most were saying last week and the weeks prior that the football was dire as hell and we were lucky to get the win last week. Look through the posts and you'll see many posts having a go at his tactics and certain players he brought in.

We weren't lucky to get the win last week so no point making things up, not sure how else he should have set up today? The players were just hopeless for every single goal

richard_pitts
My view is that Slivka should always start at Ibrox, Celtic Pk and Tynecastle. Kamberi is a better loan striker option to start.
Rangers are not the mugs they were under previous managers so there is no point in trying to go for it with 10 men.
Having said that it is better to get that horror show out of the way early in the season.
I think Slivka will be important this season as his running and strength is the perfect foil for Scott Allan and I think you saw that in the St Mirren game. Today I think the difference was Jermaine Defoe and we cannot compete with that because we don't have that kind of money. Sad but true.

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:48 PM
It cracks me up. Been about 15 years since any decent side played 442.

4-4-2 only works on FM, very few teams play it nowadays, Watford did yesterday and got humped, 4-3-3 or a variant of that is the norm but we cannot play that with players like Newell in the team.

Northern Hibby
11-08-2019, 04:49 PM
I'm willing to wait and see how we do over the next few weeks before calling for him to go.

Because they new you had to play them as in compete, if we sit off celtic like that it will be double figures.

J-C
11-08-2019, 04:50 PM
We weren't lucky to get the win last week so no point making things up, not sure how else he should have set up today? The players were just hopeless for every single goal

You play your 1st choice striker up top, play Slivka instead of Newell and keep it tight in the middle, did you watch the game last week, boring is one word for it.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-08-2019, 04:50 PM
A shocking performance and a shocking result. Can't dress it up. Embarrassing

I've been uneasy for a whole and said so on here at the attitude and tone taken towards the manager. A fair chunk of our fans have been somewhat vocal in their opinion.

We've been spoilt in recent years vs rangers. They're a different beast now and will regularly pump teams. Our game plan should have been to contain when we went down to 10 though and should never finished with that scoreline!

What next? We're where I'd expect us to be at this stage. 1 win and 1 loss with a very win able league cup last 16 tie to come.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 04:51 PM
His signings alone should be a sackable offence. Just utterly woeful.

skyhibs
11-08-2019, 04:52 PM
You play your 1st choice striker up top, play Slivka instead of Newell and keep it tight in the middle, did you watch the game last week, boring is one word for it.

Not it sure if we were boring last week but we were defo ******...... we were lucky to get a victory when we should be hammering teams like that at home

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:53 PM

So we play someone out of position? We have no other left midfielder, which was evident when newell went off, doesnt matter if it was boring, we weren't lucky

My_Wife_Camille
11-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Just get out ASAP.

BoltonHibee
TBF I knew little of him before he came, heard the name and was looked at going onto bigger things, disappointed if he's went downhill so quickly, may be a temperament thing.

Probably more down to his lifestyle off the park.

This is seen as the change he needed ( and he did need change) early days with him yet but he’s not shown any positive signs yet.

He looks completely out of shape too

jeffers

I'm assuming having spent big money (in Hibs terms) on Doidge he was playing his first choice striker up top. Tbh I don't think it would have mattered who we played up front today as the midfield (a bit of Allan magic aside) were mainly invisble. I don't understand the Doidge signing as PH appears to prefer only one up top, but both him and Kamberi look better in a two.

BoyledEgg
11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Chelsea getting pumped away from home. Lampard must go 🤬🤬🤬

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 04:57 PM

Wrong thread mate.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Not it sure if we were boring last week but we were defo ******...... we were lucky to get a victory when we should be hammering teams like that at homeTeams like that who beat Aberdeen today do u mean??

I am p####d off as anyone at that shambles today but dont talk utter tripe and make things even worse

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andybev1
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
When he signed Doidge and told everyone it was a statement of intent. Forest Green and it was a statement. He played well with Lennons team because they were good but had lost moral other than that I have always thought he talks a good game and that is it.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 04:59 PM

His signings have been non-existent too.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM

Cant see him lasting very long, was never ready for a job that size yet, especially with the transfer ban

Pretty Boy
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
I've nothing against one up top played well. We don't have the players to play it well though.

Anyone who thinks a combination of Doidge, Kamberi, Shaw, Newell and Horgan can play the system we are trying to is deluded. That obviously includes our manager.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:01 PM

Correct👍🏻

The 90+2
Teams like that who beat Aberdeen today do u mean??

I am p####d off as anyone at that shambles today but dont talk utter tripe and make things even worse

What about Stirling then or the first half against Alloa? Who cares if Aberdeen lost anyway, we struggled against a piss side last week. Everyone knew a hammering was coming today, most don’t want many of the new signings in the first team if everyone is fit. It seems to be a bit accepted for some reason.

GreenNWhiteArmy
I wonder if the forums of Norwich, west ham and motherwell are as gunning for their managers after getting pasted at the weekend as we are on here....

calumhibee1

We scored, we scored another that was miles onside, hit the post twice and missed two open goals. They had a couple half chances.

Last week wasn’t vintage stuff. But we absolutely deserved to win, possibly even by more.

Allant1981
I've nothing against one up top played well. We don't have the players to play it well though.

Need a Kenny miller type player if we are going to stick with 1 up front, kamberi and doidge are not the type to play that role

skyhibs
11-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Teams like that who beat Aberdeen today do u mean??

yes I mean teams like that... yes they beat Aberdeen at home... Aberdeen and not a great team... my mate was at the game and couldn’t believe they lost today... Aberdeen had 62% of the possession and yes I know possession doesn’t win games..

so so before you talk about something you know nothing about.... keep stum.. or back your drivel

The 90+2
I wonder if the forums of Norwich, west ham and motherwell are as gunning for their managers after getting pasted at the weekend as we are on here....

Who gives a shiny ***** about they sides? Our form since making top six has been shocking, the signings look farcical and utterly humiliating today.

Since90+2
People are actually calling for Heckingbottom to go?

Actually laughable how daft that is. Clowns.

blackpoolhibs
We did not play one up front today, we played our £350k huddy who once again played like a £350 signing and was like having nobody up there.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Calling supporters hurting at being embarrassed today clowns is total classy right enough. If you think he’s doing a good job fair enough, that’s your opinion.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Are they aye? 🤣👍🏻

skyhibs
11-08-2019, 05:06 PM

You shouldn’t be calling supporters clowns and if you think that’s acceptable then I think your very mistaken

Callum_62
We did not play one up front today, we played our £350k huddy who once again played like a £350 signing and was like having nobody up there.

dunno like - we couldnt keep the ball for more than 1 pass - not sure what Doidge had to work with except win a few headers

Heisenberg
Today was rotten. Dreadful. Heckingbottom will get the chance to continue and see if it was a one off blip or something to be seriously concerned about.

One thing is certain, we badly need more signings. Not sure whether I trust the current setup to get it right though. We only seem to sign well when it’s panic signings on loan in January.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Newell - murder

I'm amazed that people have been praising Doidge, the guy has no impact. Even against lower league teams, he just runs around doing nothing. Whatever tin pot club we got him from must be laughing all the way to the bank.

All his signings look like duds to be honest.

Nicho87
11-08-2019, 05:08 PM
I replied on this forum during the betfred cup games saying the signs were there. Was told stop being negative. Performances don’t lie. Hecky out. Subbing Horgan and then Allan. Unforgivable, even more so when we were right back in a game that should have been out of sight.

BILLYHIBS
Hecky says we are done in the transfer market but there must be some quality players we can beg steal or borrow from the loans market or buy in from Scotland judging from today it looks as though we need quality in every department problem is no way would I trust Hecky with anymore signings 😬

sean04
We're 2 games into the season and people want the manager sacked? We're all hurting but come on.

mcfly
His style of play is boring

Not what I want to watch.

blackpoolhibs
dunno like - we couldnt keep the ball for more than 1 pass - not sure what Doidge had to work with except win a few headers

Come on now, i'm as mobile as he is and when the ball does go near him he's weaker than that guys granny who had died passing the ball to Allan last week.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Pretty much this. Can’t see how Doidge can be blamed for today. Was he supposed to be carrying the ball on his own for 40 yards and scoring? Had absolutely nothing to feed off. He’s a goalscorer. Penalty box striker. He had zero service today.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 05:09 PM
yes I mean teams like that... yes they beat Aberdeen at home... Aberdeen and not a great team... my mate was at the game and couldn’t believe they lost today... Aberdeen had 62% of the possession and yes I know possession doesn’t win games..

so so before you talk about something you know nothing about.... keep stum.. or back your drivelU are at it surely??? What an utterly ridiculous post.

Aberdeen are not a great team are they not and now your coming up with possession stats??

We are hurting tonight and I'm as angry as the rest but making things up to support your argument is just ridiculous.

The jury is well and truly out on Hecky and his signings I completely agree...but u almost sound gutted we won last week.

mcfly
11-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Hecky says we are done in the transfer market but there must be some quality players we can beg steal or borrow from the loans market or buy in from Scotland judging from today it looks as though we need quality in every department problem is no way would I trust Hecky with anymore signings 😬

If we are done in the transfer window then be prepared to be bottom 6 come Jan.

This team of duds and non triers have to improve very quickly

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:10 PM
You shouldn’t be calling supporters clowns and if you think that’s acceptable then I think your very mistaken

Where did I say it was acceptable? We lost today.

If anyone seriously thinks that a heavy defeat at Ibrox should lead to Heckingbottom leaving the club then they are clowns. And that's insulting to clowns.

skyhibs
11-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Where did I say it was acceptable? We lost today.

If anyone seriously thinks that a heavy defeat at Ibrox should lead to Heckingbottom leaving the club then they are clowns. And that's insulting to clowns.
The manager is clueless just like u

Wilson
11-08-2019, 05:14 PM
We're 2 games into the season and people want the manager sacked? We're all hurting but come on.

It stems from further back. Our unimpressive showing in the top six. Unimpressive signings. Poor performances in the league cup. Culminating in this. We might be only two games into the league season but we've been slipping for a while.

Nicho87
I replied on this forum during the betfred cup games saying the signs were there. Was told stop being negative. Performances don’t lie. Hecky out. Subbing Horgan and then Allan. Unforgivable, even more so when we were right back in a game that should have been out of sight.

Torto7
I think I'm moving towards the get rid camp. Usually by know a good manager has started to put their stamp on how the team plays. Heckingbottom seems to change his mind not only every week but multiple times during games as well. He's very reactive and not proactive enough for me. Try setting the team up better at the start of the game Paul?

A lot of us have mentioned how soft the midfield looks. Why can't he see this?

Togs91
Hiw long will it take a hibs manager to realise that playing 1 up front just doesnt work?

At least kamberi put a shift in when he was the lone striker but doidge today was nowhere, looked like hed plyed a full 90 yesterday

sean04
11-08-2019, 05:16 PM
It stems from further back. Our unimpressive showing in the top six. Unimpressive signings. Poor performances in the league cup. Culminating in this. We might be only two games into the league season but we've been slipping for a while.

We were 8th in the league and struggling when he came in

skyhibs
U are at it surely??? What an utterly ridiculous post.

Aberdeen are not a great team are they not and now your coming up with possession stats??

We are hurting tonight and I'm as angry as the rest but making things up to support your argument is just ridiculous.

The jury is well and truly out on Hecky and his signings I completely agree...but u almost sound gutted we won last week.

so you think Aberdeen are a great team do you.... I don’t think so... I mean they can’t be they lost to stmidden today.... oh and I didn’t make the stats up they are there for everyone to see...

am not gutted we won last week or I really wouldn’t buy a season ticket

The 90+2
Hiw long will it take a hibs manager to realise that playing 1 up front just doesnt work?

At least kamberi put a shift in when he was the lone striker but doidge today was nowhere, looked like hed plyed a full 90 yesterday

It won’t happen. His way of playing is one up top.

Stokesy's on fire
11-08-2019, 05:17 PM
I think we have to cut our losses and punt hecky now before he is does even more damage

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:17 PM
so you think Aberdeen are a great team do you.... I don’t think so... I mean they can’t be they lost to stmidden today.... oh and I didn’t make the stats up they are there for everyone to see...

am not gutted we won last week or I really wouldn’t buy a season ticket

In Scottish football terms Aberdeen a very good side. You don't finish 2nd and 3rd pretty much every year for half a decade by chance.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:18 PM
We were 8th in the league and struggling when he came in

It’s been a struggle since the split last season. He had a fantastic start but it’s been ***** ever since and the signings are never good enough.

Squirrel 1875

Any time I post I get the same old tired abuse. The signs were there right from the beginning. We need to get rid.

Heisenberg
I think we have to cut our losses and punt hecky now before he is does even more damage

There’s no chance it’ll happen. It’s a Fenlon after Malmo situation. He’ll muddle on and have us mid table ish.

Togs91
11-08-2019, 05:19 PM

He'll get until christmas

Squirrel 1875
It’s been a struggle since the split last season. He had a fantastic start but it’s been ***** ever since and the signings are never good enough.

The signings are quite possibly the worst since that window when Fenlon signed all those lads on loan. Genuinely bemused how anyone couldn’t see it before.

Nicho87
Gone this calendar year. Hopefully.

The 90+2
In Scottish football terms Aberdeen a very good side. You don't finish 2nd and 3rd pretty much every year for half a decade by chance.

They almost lost the Leveins flumps. That makes them ***** in my book.

St Mirren will surprise teams this season. Goodwin will do a job there.

GreenNWhiteArmy
Who gives a shiny ***** about they sides? Our form since making top six has been shocking, the signings look farcical and utterly humiliating today.

Shouldn't we be looking at the manager's reign in it's entirety?

We've lost 5 of 16 league games. All losses against the 4 teams that finished above (with 2 coming when we had nothing to play for and opponents were in a battle for europe)

We lost 2 out of 4 pre seaon friendlies then came through our league cup group unbeaten

Started with a 1-0 league opener (could've/should've been more) then got obliterated from rangers (4 goals coming when we were down to 10)

I'm not defending today's performance and i have question marks over our style at times and of some of the players signed.

My personal opinion is that the manager has built up enough credit to not have the amount of people calling for to leave that he currently has

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:20 PM
The signings are quite possibly the worst since that window when Fenlon signed all those lads on loan. Genuinely bemused how anyone couldn’t see it before.

Unfortunately I agree.

Togs91
11-08-2019, 05:21 PM

Doidge had a chance today to at least put a shift in, proved why kamberi is first pick he is rotten. Jogging about as if he doesbt care

Since90+2
They almost lost the Leveins flumps. That makes them ***** in my book.

St Mirren will surprise teams this season. Goodwin will do a job there.

Almost lost? So you mean they won? Aberdeen are now pish because they beat Hearts.

What a warped logic.

J-C
So we play someone out of position? We have no other left midfielder, which was evident when newell went off, doesnt matter if it was boring, we weren't lucky

Nope you play Vela deep a with Alan, Mallan and Slivka in front of him nice and tight with Horgan floating behind the striker.

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2019, 05:24 PM
When you listened to Lennon’s post match interviews, it was easy to agree with him whatever the result was cause he usually called it right. You could see his joy in victory or anger or frustration in defeat.

Heckingnbottom could be one of any number of managers who just trot out the same old lines. There’s nothing about him. No presence or whatever. Beige.

Feels like pre Stubbs days. Got to nip this in the bud quickly.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Shouldn't we be looking at the manager's reign in it's entirety?

We've lost 5 of 16 league games. All losses against the 4 teams that finished above (with 2 coming when we had nothing to play for and opponents were in a battle for europe)

We lost 2 out of 4 pre seaon friendlies then came through our league cup group unbeaten

Started with a 1-0 league opener (could've/should've been more) then got obliterated from rangers (4 goals coming when we were down to 10)

I'm not defending today's performance and i have question marks over our style at times and of some of the players signed.

My personal opinion is that the manager has built up enough credit to not have the amount of people calling for to leave that he currently has

Yes we should. Since a good start it’s been murder.

Out they 16 games 4 where complete struggles against lower league part timers including a draw to the worst side in Scotland at the moment.

We started with on paper the easiest game possible at home, even then it was a struggle.

The play is negative, every game against a decent side apart from hearts away has been rubbish and I’m being kind calling them decent and today was humiliating.

He built up enough credit to ignore the worrying end to the season against better sides where he’s admitted we shut down shop, it’s his job to stop that and motivate the side. He said it would be possession based fast closing sides down so far it’s been a struggling hoofball masterclass. Today was the worst capitulation I can remember since relegation. Major questions need to be asked. Are the team even playing for him or his instruction?

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:26 PM
When you listened to Lennon’s post match interviews, it was easy to agree with him whatever the result was cause he usually called it right. You could see his joy in victory or anger or frustration in defeat.

Heckingnbottom could be one of any number of managers who just trot out the same old lines. There’s nothing about him. No presence or whatever. Beige.

It’s like Calderwood in all honesty. And like Calderwood the impression is he thinks he’s either too good for this league or vastly under estimated it.

Nicho87
Gone this calendar year. Hopefully.

G B Young
We're lucky to have him according to McNulty:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49298618

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Almost lost? So you mean they won? Aberdeen are now pish because they beat Hearts.

What a warped logic.

Yes they where losing 2-1 until hearts got a man sent off and conceded a pen. They are pish also and have regressed. It means sod all in terms of us being destroyed today. Who cares what Aberdeen do anyway. If they lost 6-1 to the huns we would be laughing our heads off.

RossScott1991
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
The Englishman was most concerned with the opening part of the game as he accused his team of being too "passive".

"You could break it into three parts for me," Heckingbottom said. "The first, start of the game, for 35 minutes we were second best so that's what set the tone for the game.

"We got back into it through our goal and could make some changes at half-time. We were comfortable then, you were thinking about different things then the sending off totally changes the game.

"That's not to say we deserved anything out the game but it was in three bits for me.

"We started on the back foot where we were poor and Rangers were good which made it difficult for us. We sort of got through that, good bit of quality for our goal, our first bit of quality. It gives you a chance.

"The start of the second half I was pleased, the sending off made it tough. We didn't retain the ball well enough and that is where we got punished.

"The shape isn't the reason we conceded more goals. Us losing the ball in silly areas and us not defending properly is the reason we conceded more goals.

"That's a ten men thing. The first part of it when it was 11 v 11 is the bit where we were second best for long spells, we were a bit too passive. I could sit and give Rangers all the credit in the world but I'm more bothered about us an how we approach it."

Since90+2
We're lucky to have him according to McNulty:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49298618

What would he know? He's only a guy who worked with him closely for 6 months and has experience of playing for big clubs down south.

Nah , let's punt Heckingbottom because we got turned over at Ibrox after going down to 10 men.

Laughable.

Hibeesmad
It’s like Calderwood in all honesty. And like Calderwood the impression is he thinks he’s either too good for this league or vastly under estimated it.

I can’t really remember the last manager to come into Scottish football with no background or experience of the Scottish game to be successful? Brendan Rodgers was obviously an exceptional manager and claims to have been a Celtic fan, out with him I can’t really think of anyone.

mcfly
11-08-2019, 05:31 PM
What was his post match interview?

This is his team and his signings and the general consensus is they are not good enough.

We can only back the team but these types of performances will not make Easter road the fun place it’s been in
the past few seasons.

What Heckingbotttom has seen in Doidge, Newall and vela that made him sign them in 3 yr deals I’ve no idea.

He’s dug himself into a big hole with the fans and unless he can suddenly turn these players attitudes and effort then they will get him emptied.

Thank goodness Rocky was in excellent form today as it would have been double figures and without doubt the sack

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:32 PM
I can’t really remember the last manager to come into Scottish football with no background or experience of the Scottish game to be successful? Brendan Rodgers was obviously an exceptional manager and claims to have been a Celtic fan, out with him I can’t really think of anyone. Steven Gerrard. Well today's result was pretty good and they seem to be doing good in Europe.

EVENTUALLY
11-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Correct. Lennon said it like it was and was the same way with fans, press and players. The fans and press liked that, but the players not so much, especially towards the end. There was a passion there which is not evident from PH.

tonyrougier123
11-08-2019, 05:33 PM
We will be chasing games more often than not this season.

I hope stevo,gray and middleton make us a little better than toothless.
I hope recruitment have their laptops fully charged tonight.More needed lads!!

No style or flair.

Hibeesmad
Steven Gerrard. Well today's result was pretty good and they seem to be doing good in Europe.

Hasn’t won a trophy yet though

Since90+2
I can’t really remember the last manager to come into Scottish football with no background or experience of the Scottish game to be successful? Brendan Rodgers was obviously an exceptional manager and claims to have been a Celtic fan, out with him I can’t really think of anyone.

Paulo Sergio? Steve Clarke never managed in Scotland. Gerrard has done well with Sevco. Thats 3 off the top of my head.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 05:34 PM
What would he know? He's only a guy who worked with him closely for 6 months and has experience of playing for big clubs down south.

Nah , let's punt Heckingbottom because we got turned over at Ibrox after going down to 10 men.

Laughable.

Yes because that’s what everyone is saying right enough .

We didn’t get turned over, we got destroyed and it was that way even before 10 men.

WhileTheChief..

Exactly right

Compare Fenton, Calderwood or Heckingbottom with no experience in Scotland to Mowbray, Stubbs or Lennon.

A lesson to be learnt.

The 90+2

Stevie Clarke?

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Yes because that’s what everyone is saying right enough .

We didn’t get turned over, we got destroyed and it was that way even before 10 men.

We weren't destroyed before going down to 10 men. It was 2-1. Is 2-1 now being defined as destroyed?

Greencore
11-08-2019, 05:36 PM
We weren't destroyed before going down to 10 men. It was 2-1. Is 2-1 now being defined as destroyed?

We were outplayed all game, even at 2-1. We had no answer what so ever to Rangers tactics.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2019, 05:37 PM

Laughable.

The Hibs players of the day loved Calderwood and raved about his coaching to anyone who would listen. That didn't turn out too well.

berwickhibee
11-08-2019, 05:37 PM
It was so one sided in the 1st half that 2-1 was an unfair reflection.

It could and should have been at least 4 or 5.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:38 PM
The Hibs players of the day loved Calderwood and raved about his coaching to anyone who would listen. That didn't turn out too well.

Either did sacking a manager mid season. That didn't turn out too well either.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 05:39 PM
Stevie Clarke?

Played 200 games for St Mirren, and is Scottish.

Tommy Wright would probably be up there.

#2 Double Tap
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM

should all be added to the should be sacked list.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Either did sacking a manager mid season. That didn't turn out too well either.

I didn't say it did.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Paulo Sergio? Steve Clarke never managed in Scotland. Gerrard has done well with Sevco. Thats 3 off the top of my head.

As said above, Steve Clarke had played over 200 games in Scottish football and is Scottish so has decent background of the game here. Paulo Sergio probably up there though.

green with envy

TBF, on this occasion, Allan seemed to be struggling not long before he was subbed. I remember him sitting down on the ground near the touchline to suggest this to the manager and went off 5/10 minutes after this.

Since90+2
I didn't say it did.

I never said you did it's in relation to folk calling for his head.

Leith Green

We really could have been 5 goals down before we scored. We were getting destroyed.

blackpoolhibs
Heckingbottom 6

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:44 PM
As said above, Steve Clarke had played over 200 games in Scottish football and is Scottish so has decent background of the game here. Paulo Sergio probably up there though.

Steve Clarke last played in Scotland in 1987 and had never previously managed in the country.

I'm not sure how relevant his 200 games in the 80s are to his management in Scottish football in 2018/19.

cad
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=mcfly;5881849]His style of play is boring

Not what I want to watch.[/QUOTE

He needs a few more games, but boring and ineffective usually end up with you down the road

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 05:50 PM
We really could have been 5 goals down before we scored. We were getting destroyed.

Aye. To kid on otherwise is delusional. 2-1 flattered us at ht, 6-1 flattered us at ft.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Aye. To kid on otherwise is delusional. 2-1 flattered us at ht, 6-1 flattered us at ft.

Rocky saved us from double figures today.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 05:52 PM
It was so one sided in the 1st half that 2-1 was an unfair reflection.

It could and should have been at least 4 or 5.

This has been the case in our last few meetings with Rangers. Even under the much lauded Lenny.

Heckingnbottom made a mistake at 3-1 and went for it. We then defended even worse than before and chucked it.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Steve Clarke last played in Scotland in 1987 and had never previously managed in the country.

I'm not sure how relevant his 200 games in the 80s are to his management in Scottish football in 2018/19.

Original question I asked was who was the last manager to come into Scottish football who has no background or experience of the game in Scotland. He doesn’t fall into that category.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Original question I asked was who was the last manager to come into Scottish football who has no background or experience of the game in Scotland. He doesn’t fall into that category.

Fair enough. So Rodgers , Sergio and Gerrard would the 3 who spring to mind straight away.

Wim Jansen also?

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Nope you play Vela deep a with Alan, Mallan and Slivka in front of him nice and tight with Horgan floating behind the striker.

Horgan is a winger,why play him out of position

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:01 PM

What game were you watching? It should've been about 5 to 6 to them before we scored.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM
This has been the case in our last few meetings with Rangers. Even under the much lauded Lenny.

Heckingnbottom made a mistake at 3-1 and went for it. We then defended even worse than before and chucked it.

No. You're so wrong with this it is unreal. Please take your 'Hecky' tinted glasses off. Almost every time we played Rangers under Lennon we more than matched them if not outplayed them.

We have regressed.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 06:05 PM
No. You're so wrong with this it is unreal. Please take your 'Hecky' tinted glasses off. Almost every time we played Rangers under Lennon we more than matched them if not outplayed them.

We have regressed.

0-0 game in December at Easter Road under Lennon last season they were by far the better side. We were extremely fortunate to get away with a point.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Fair enough. So Rodgers , Sergio and Gerrard would the 3 who bring to mind straight away.

Last 3 managers to win a trophy who were not born or played football in Scotland outwith Celtic were Tommy Wright, Paulo Sergio and Kenny Shiels, think it then goes back as far as Valdas Ivanauskas

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Last 3 managers to win a trophy who were not born or played football in Scotland outwith Celtic were Tommy Wright, Paulo Sergio and Kenny Shiels, think it then goes back as far as Valdas Ivanauskas

I'm not ready sure what your point is. You've just pointed out examples of times when it's been a success.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:09 PM
I'm not ready sure what your point is. You've just pointed out examples of times when it's been a success.

I’m just trying to make a point that it’s very rare that managers who have no experience or background in Scotland are successful

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 06:10 PM

We have regressed.

We scraped a 0-0 draw at home to them after getting absolutely battered for 90 minutes last season, think the same also happened in the game we drew 1-1 with McGregor scoring a header. They missed so many chances.

I’ve been very critical of Heckingbottom and some of his signings after full time today.

I don’t doubt we’ve regressed. Recruitment has been a shambles minus a couple of gems in the last two January windows. Our first season back was heading for mid table mediocrity until we got Allan, Flo and MacLaren in. Omeonga and McNulty saved it for us last season.

Time for George Craig and his football department to prove their worth.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 06:10 PM
I’m just trying to make a point that it’s very rare that managers who have no experience or background in Scotland are successful

There will be hundreds of managers who have a huge knowledge of Scottish football and are not successful. Terry Butcher , arguably the worst manager the club has ever had , had extensive knowledge of Scottish football.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:11 PM
0-0 game in December at Easter Road under Lennon last season they were by far the better side. We were extremely fortunate to get away with a point.

The game Oli Shaw missed two wonderful chances? It was still a double digit multiple better than what we've been served against them under Heckingbottom.

Robbo6-2
11-08-2019, 06:13 PM
His team selection today was baffling.

Kamberi has been our best striker this season so far and did not deserve to be dropped. Diodge has shown nothing so far and is simply not good enough.

Jackson started against St Mirren and kept clean sheet and suddenly dropped. You need consistency at the back you cant change centre halfs every week.

To take off Allan and go two up with ten men, what was he thinking. Shut up shop and try and get down road with a respectable result.

Newell is the new Liam Craig, nice left peg but slower than a week in jail.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:15 PM
There will be hundreds of managers who have a huge knowledge of Scottish football and are not successful. Terry Butcher , arguably the worst manager the club has ever had , had extensive knowledge of Scottish football.

Come on Butcher’s boys 😂

mcfly
Heckys at the wheel...... I think heckys got well and truly lost

Embarrassing and uninspiring

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s right for us. Unless he can change this quickly

onthefence
Paul Heckingbottom caused more damage to Hibs than Sean Mackie did. Never have I seen a team go down to 10 players and then remove the wide players. The formation was absolutely mind boggling when the left back was sent off. Hibs could not cope rangers moving the ball into wide areas 11v11 and struggling when it was 2v2s Paul Heckingbottom then made it 2v1s in rangers favour. To me it looked a 4-3-2. I was watching on a laptop so may have picked it up wrong but never in all my years have I seen something so naive and ridiculous.

That said Rangers look an excellent team this season and where extremely impressive.

SideBurns
My observation thus far is that none of his signings (with the possible exception of Maxwell, and he isn't going to dislodge Rocky on present form) would be good enough for the Hibs team who competed in the Championship, never mind a side supposedly challenging for 3rd place.

One poster (before today's game) previously said he was worried Hecky had underestimated the standard of Scottish football in the top flight. On the assumption he's been here long enough to gauge what is required, the bigger worry at the moment is that he just can't identify players who are good enough.

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Heckys at the wheel...... I think heckys got well and truly lost

Embarrassing and uninspiring

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s right for us. Unless he can change this quickly

Nope I think the die has been cast.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM

2 down within 15 mins going on 6 before half time is, yes. The sending off changed very little so let’s not hide behind that eh.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Someone should be on the phone to Ron right now pleading for some transfer cash. If we don’t improve on what we’ve got it’ll be a long season.

Heckingbottom reiterated again last week that our financial situation hasn’t changed. We would like to do more but can’t, apparently.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:20 PM
My observation thus far is that none of his signings (with the possible exception of Maxwell, and he isn't going to dislodge Rocky on present form) would be good enough for the Hibs team who competed in the Championship, never mind a side supposedly challenging for 3rd place.

One poster (before today's game) previously said he was worried Hecky had underestimated the standard of Scottish football in the top flight. On the assumption he's been here long enough to gauge what is required, the bigger worry at the moment is that he just can't identify players who are good enough.

Agree with this. I think they're of the (not trying to be mean to the man because he did a job for us) Liam Fontaine standard. Played a bit in the championship but not good enough.

Heckingbottom strikes me as being of the typical english mentality that Scottish football must be so poor that English Championship duds would be able to stroll it. Guess what, you're wrong. Now go.

BoomtownHibees
11-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Are we the only team to ever go down to 10 men?? We were ***** up to that point, lucky to be only a goal down. The manager going 2 up front with 25 mins of the game left was criminal

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Pipe down.

Really?

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:22 PM
2 down within 15 mins going on 6 before half time is, yes. The sending off changed very little so let’s not hide behind that eh.

As soon as we conceded that third goal we should have parked the bus

J-C
11-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Horgan is a winger,why play him out of position

One if the few with energy and pace, his goal today was a run from attack centre just behind the striker. He's not just a winger, he can play across the attacking third, we needed strength in the middle with an option of an out ball.
To play Newell with his zero pace and lethargy and an untried Doidge over an experienced Kamberi was shocking.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:24 PM
What worries me more is he hasn't recognised this league requires physicality in midfield and pace. Analysing all his games so far he clearly has a way he wants to approach games, however it's almost a counter-attack style game - which itself needs speed and pace. The majority of games we play we start very slowly and try and ease into the game - you can't do that here - it gives the opposition possession and time to settle and grow into the game quickly. Teams will bite at your ankles from the start and press you. The fact it took an injury to Boyle to even consider/get Middleton is alarming - we need four more players to add depth and absorb injuries and suspensions regardless of Martin's injury. You know we will be without SDG, Whittaker, and Daz each season now (for periods) - age and old injuries are catching up. Add in injuries to others you need bigger squads.

We need a nippy striker, another winger (and Middleton), and two hard working midfielders. The midfield reminds me of a Fenlon midfield with the likes of Deegan, Osbourne and company :rolleyes: We are dreadful to watch.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:24 PM
The truth is that our team is weaker than it was last season imo

Craig_in_Prague
11-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Someone should be on the phone to Ron right now pleading for some transfer cash. If we don’t improve on what we’ve got it’ll be a long season.

Heckingbottom reiterated again last week that our financial situation hasn’t changed. We would like to do more but can’t, apparently.

Wouldn't blame Ron for not wanting to give him anymore money to waste.

Mass clear out calls in January and Summer me thinks.

Nemo

I wouldn’t give him any more money. I’m not sure this guy can spot a player tbh.

BoltonHibee
The truth is that our team is weaker than it was last season imo

Far weaker unfortunately

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Far weaker unfortunately

It must be an absolute bomb scare supporting Bolton and Hibs just now 😖

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 06:31 PM
One if the few with energy and pace, his goal today was a run from attack centre just behind the striker. He's not just a winger, he can play across the attacking third, we needed strength in the middle with an option of an out ball.
To play Newell with his zero pace and lethargy and an untried Doidge over an experienced Kamberi was shocking.

I was hoping that newell would stay high up the park and restrict tavernier coming forward but was easy to spot early on this was not going to be the game for him, I would actually have had him off after half an hour, doidge just didnt seem to get involved at all, not easy playing up front yourself but that doesnt mean you dont try and burst a gut, as I've mentioned before, I do not think the tactics were wrong, just the players not turning up

BoltonHibee
11-08-2019, 06:31 PM
[emoji23]

I don’t really support Bolton, want them to do well and get out of the ***** they are in to be fair.

Supporting Hibs at times can be pretty tough

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:33 PM
[emoji23]

I don’t really support Bolton, want them to do well and get out of the ***** they are in to be fair.

Supporting Hibs at times can be pretty tough

Fair enough, once they get this financial mess sorted hopefully they can kick on from League 2 next season like Portsmouth have done.

1875M
Should go before he brings in any more players and we have another complete rebuild on our hands.

Hibby John
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame everything on the team still gelling, but I think I'm kidding myself!

Gerard
11-08-2019, 06:40 PM
I think PH needs more time to show what he can do for our team. Rangers had a turnover of 35.3 million pounds in 2018 compared to our turnover of almost 10 million pounds. Today's result is something that our players need to learn from and motivate them to be as good as they can be in future games.
I think Rangers will finish second in the league behind Cetic whose turnover is almost 100 million pounds.
At the moment Celtic and Rangers are teams we can not expect to get a result from on a regular basis.
We need to make sure that we are competitive with the other teams in the SPL and hope that RG is able to develop the club so that it can be able to spend more money on the football team and with a rub of the green win silverware.

eastmainsmsh
11-08-2019, 06:42 PM
i dont think the players signed are better than the ones we have but prepared to give them a chance tho but that was embarrassing today

Speedway
11-08-2019, 06:43 PM
I think PH needs more time to show what he can do for our team. Rangers had a turnover of 35.3 million pounds in 2018 compared to our turnover of almost 10 million pounds. Today's result is something that our players need to learn from and motivate them to be as good as they can be in future games.
I think Rangers will finish second in the league behind Cetic whose turnover is almost 100 million pounds.
At the moment Celtic and Rangers are teams we can not expect to get a result from on a regular basis.
We need to make sure that we are competitive with the other teams in the SPL and hope that RG is able to develop the club so that it can be able to spend more money on the football team and with a rub of the green win silverware.

Gerard, if your turnover argument held any water then Man Utd would spank Brighton every time.

Rangers turnover has dwarfed ours for decades.

The manager has shown what he can do already - sign poor players and play dull football.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 06:45 PM

We had rocky to thank for us still being in the game at 2-1. He saved us today from double figures and that is no exaggeration mate. Rangers could, and probably should have been out of sight by half time.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 06:55 PM
We had rocky to thank for us still being in the game at 2-1. He saved us today from double figures and that is no exaggeration mate. Rangers could, and probably should have been out of sight by half time.

They were by far the better side in the first half. No arguement there, but we are away at Ibrox against the best Rangers side of the past 7 or 8 years at their first home game of the season.

It wasn't a good performance but some of the reaction is way over the top.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:03 PM
They were by far the better side in the first half. No arguement there, but we are away at Ibrox against the best Rangers side of the past 7 or 8 years at their first home game of the season.

No, I disagree. The criticism is well warranted imo. PH said we will play a pressing game with attacking football. That has not happened once this season.

We were pish against St Mirren last week and escaped with a 1-0 win Papering over cracks.

We were utterly garbage today with no game plan. What was Newell supposed to be doing today other than standing on the touchline admiring the white line?

Last week we play one striker at home with 11 men.

Today we play 2 strikers after going down to 10 men? I this guy for real? There was no fight today, no passion, no urgency, no slick passing, no idea. It was clear that 17 minutes in and at 2-0 that the shape and plan was not working. He done absolutely nothing to try and change things. Absolutely incredible that he couldn't see it wasn't working. Clueless.

A don't forget, this mob only played on Thursday night in Denmark!

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 07:04 PM

The annoying thing is they weren't that great last week but battered us today, we didnt help things though as our defenders were having a mare

Crab apple
11-08-2019, 07:04 PM

I'm not sure that even if more money was available that I'd be confident Hecky would spend it wisely. None of his signings look up to scratch and I'd say we are weaker than last season.

Real Emerald
11-08-2019, 07:05 PM
No, I disagree. The criticism is well warranted imo. PH said we will play a pressing game with attacking football. That has not happened once this season.

We were pish against St Mirren last week and escaped with a 1-0 win Papering over cracks.

We were utterly garbage today with no game plan. What was Newell supposed to be doing today other than standing on the touchline admiring the white line?

Today we play 2 strikers after going down to 10 men? I this guy for real? There was no fight today, no passion, no urgency, no slick passing, no idea. It was clear that 17 minutes in and at 2-0 that the shape and plan was not working. He done absolutely nothing to try and change things. Absolutely incredible that he couldn't see it wasn't working. Clueless.

Agree with every word 👍

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 07:06 PM
His team selection today was baffling.

Kamberi has been our best striker this season so far and did not deserve to be dropped. Diodge has shown nothing so far and is simply not good enough.

Jackson started against St Mirren and kept clean sheet and suddenly dropped. You need consistency at the back you cant change centre halfs every week.

To take off Allan and go two up with ten men, what was he thinking. Shut up shop and try and get down road with a respectable result.

Newell is the new Liam Craig, nice left peg but slower than a week in jail.

On evidence to date, Newell is nowhere hear as good as Liam Craig. I'd agree with everything else you've said.

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 07:06 PM

We probably should have been 5-0 down before our goal. Complete embarrassment today

green with envy
11-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Spot on with all of that post.

Since90+2
11-08-2019, 07:11 PM

I actually agree with most of your post, it doesn't amount to Heckingbottom losing his job though.

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Correct. The improvement needs to be immediate - hopefully Middleton will provide much needed pace and urgency on the wing next week against Morton. I can't see it coming from any of Hecky's other new signings, despite an expressed desire to play a high energy, pressing game.

Gerard
11-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Gerard, if your turnover argument held any water then Man Utd would spank Brighton every time.

Rangers turnover has dwarfed ours for decades.

The manager has shown what he can do already - sign poor players and play dull football.

How many times have MU been beaten by Brighton?
Money make possible the signing of better players and better players tend to win a lot more games than they lose.
Our recent results against rangers were good because we were able to get quality players on loan and rangers managers were mediocre.
If Hibs had a manager of the quality of a Nigel Clough then we might have got a result today.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2019, 07:15 PM
We definitely weren't pish last week, played well and scored 2 perfectly good goals. St Mirren shown today they are not pushovers.

Today being poor doesn't suddenly make last week rubbish.

Speedway
11-08-2019, 07:15 PM
How many times have MU been beaten by Brighton?
Money make possible the signing of better players and better players tend to win a lot more games than they lose.
Our recent results against rangers were good because we were able to get quality players on loan and rangers managers were mediocre.
If Hibs had a manager of the quality of a Nigel Clough then we might have got a result today.

Brighton don’t get beat by 6 by Man Utd or anyone.

The 4th/5th biggest club in Scotland should never lose 6 goals to anyone in their league.

Today was an absolute humiliation, despite ‘biggest ever transfer budget’.

Buck stops at the manager for that atrocity today.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:17 PM
I actually agree with most of your post, it doesn't amount to Heckingbottom losing his job though.

How does he come back from this? Hibs will have to win every game from until the first round of fixtures have been played, that includes beating Hearts and Celtic at Easter Rd a week apart. Not going to happen is it. We will be several points adrift of the top 6 by then imo.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2019, 07:19 PM
How does he come back from this? Hibs will have to win every game from until the first round of fixtures have been played, that includes beating Hearts and Celtic at Easter Rd a week apart. Not going to happen is it. We will be several points adrift of the top 6 by then imo.

He wins next week, then wins the week after. We don't suddently HAVE to beat Celtic because we lost to Rangers.