PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2019, 12:22 PM
You are utterly obsessed with me, it’s absolutely tragic on your part. As soon as I saw you were the last poster on the thread I knew it would be to attempt to have a go at me. Got an absolute hard on for me.

He's got a point though. You've not held back in your criticism of NL in the past.

To say that fans can't comment cause they've not been managers themselves is mental.

calumhibee1
27-08-2019, 01:19 PM
He's got a point though. You've not held back in your criticism of NL in the past.

To say that fans can't comment cause they've not been managers themselves is mental.

I didn’t say they can’t comment. I said to suggest that we can tell him he’s got his changes wrong (by booing and bringing the atmosphere down for the rest of the game to the point that it may well have effected the players) before we’ve even seen any evidence of how his changes would pan out was out of order.

NL results over a prolonged period were enough reason for him to deserve criticism. At the point everyone started losing the head on Saturday we were heading for another win and third in the league.

Mac_17
27-08-2019, 01:45 PM
His decision to take allan off is enough for me. This is his team. It isnt good enough.

His decision to play Allan wide right baffles me.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2019, 01:48 PM
I didn’t say they can’t comment. I said to suggest that we can tell him he’s got his changes wrong (by booing and bringing the atmosphere down for the rest of the game to the point that it may well have effected the players) before we’ve even seen any evidence of how his changes would pan out was out of order.

NL results over a prolonged period were enough reason for him to deserve criticism. At the point everyone started losing the head on Saturday we were heading for another win and third in the league.

I’d hardly say that the booing brought the atmosphere down. There was absolutely zero atmosphere in the first place.

There is no buzz about the place just now and more empty seats are going to appear week on week.

J-C
27-08-2019, 01:52 PM

So ****ing what if it affected the players, they're big enough, ugly enough and get well blody paid for doing their jobs as is Heckingbottom. We either show our disgust by either not going to games, demonstrating or showing our displeasure by booing.

Peevemor
27-08-2019, 01:54 PM
So ****ing what if it affected the players, they're big enough, ugly enough and get well blody paid for doing their jobs as is Heckingbottom. We either show our disgust by either not going to games, demonstrating or showing our displeasure by booing.

Which is more or less what PH was getting at in his interview.

J-C
27-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Which is more or less what PH was getting at in his interview.

But you didn't highlight Heckingbottom in my post as I said he also is getting well payed, maybe earn his dosh by playing players in their best positions and stop being a smart erse. Not you btw Heckingbottom :)

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5906871]I didn’t say they can’t comment. I said to suggest that we can tell him he’s got his changes wrong (by booing and bringing the atmosphere down for the rest of the game to the point that it may well have effected the players) before we’ve even seen any evidence of how his changes would pan out was out of order.

No you didnt, here is your post word for word. I’m not saying we have to agree with it but the idea that we’re to tell him he’s doing his job wrong is daft to me.)

:kettle:

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Doubt many other people will have found Heck's interview "astonishing". What an unhelpful over reaction.

Lots of people did.

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 02:25 PM
I’d hardly say that the booing brought the atmosphere down. There was absolutely zero atmosphere in the first place.

There is no buzz about the place just now and more empty seats are going to appear week on week.

Spot on.

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 02:30 PM
I can accept that it was obvious what people were booing, I don’t agree with that in the slightest though. But the atmosphere the rest of the game was poisonous off the back of that, so while people want to repeat that it was obvious that’s what they were booing (which it was) they need to acknowledge that it caused the rest of the game to be played out in a horrendous atmosphere. That’s not good for the team, no matter what the initial reason for it was.

Another one blaming the fans, .................

Captain Trips
27-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Pretty much how I see it. We as fans could only dream of getting a managerial job at a club like Hibs. Hecky is more qualified to make they decisions than any of us. I’m not saying we have to agree with it but the idea that we’re to tell him he’s doing his job wrong is daft to me.

Maybe Allan was knackered due to a diabetes related issue? Maybe he had a knock? Maybe the flu? Who knows why the sub was made other than PH. I wouldn’t have made it, but then I can only base that on the fact I know he’s a great player, because I don’t know how Allan was feeling, I don’t know if he had a wee niggle and to be honest, he was having a poor game anyway.

So its "daft" to then question any football manager at any club then in your opinion as they are managers and we are not, does it stop at players? can i say xyz should have scored that or would that be daft as I havent played football at a pro level?. I cant believe in all your years at football you have not looked at a starting 11 and thought hmmm I wouldnt have played A, I would maybe have picked B or C. Or thought i would make a change now. Was that not daft then?

jeffers
27-08-2019, 02:46 PM
So its "daft" to then question any football manager at any club then in your opinion as they are managers and we are not, does it stop at players? can i say xyz should have scored that or would that be daft as I havent played football at a pro level?. I cant believe in all your years at football you have not looked at a starting 11 and thought hmmm I wouldnt have played A, I would maybe have picked B or C. Or thought i would make a change now. Was that not daft then?

Not an argument I've ever got tbh. Managers, even the best ones, get things wrong and it doesn't take another manager to see that. I'm not a three star Michelin chef but I could tell you if a steak has been burnt. In the same way I've never coached a professional football team I can tell Scott Allan isn't a wide midfielder.

The only valid point in Calum's argument IMO is whether we as fans let our manager know if we think he's got it wrong. I don't condone booing individual players, but if he continues to play our best midfielder, if not player, out of position then substitutes him when it doesn't work I for one will continue to boo him.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Can anyone remember the run of results that led to the clamour for Lennon to be punted?

truehibernian
27-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Can anyone remember the run of results that led to the clamour for Lennon to be punted?

Thing is HR, over the last few seasons (in a Hibs sense) we have been spoiled in the fact we have played (consistently) attacking football and never gone into games with a defensive mindset. Last 4 seasons fans have been going to games with the (rightful) expectancy that the team will give an attack minded performance and on the front foot. Sure there have been poor games under Stubbs and Lennon, however over the season the play has been really good to watch. The football under PH is slow, pedestrian, defensive and insipid. At no time have I felt we imposed ourselves on games, and I include pre-season. He allows teams possession and freedom of the park (the players need to accept blame and culpability there too).

We have no real pace once you remove Boyle from the side, and the midfield is slow to press, harry, and move up the pitch. The new signings have clearly underestimated the club and the league and are very poor. Scottish football (SPFL) is a high standard and they've not stepped up, made an impression, nor do they look like they have the desire to do so - even this early into a campaign.

I'm not expecting to win every game, far from it. But I expect entertaining football and not going into games 'not wanting to lose' rather than 'going into them to win'. That's the impression I get from all PH's selections and games he has managed.

mcfly
27-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Can anyone say they are entertained watching hibs under heckingbottom?

When was the last time the atmosphere at Easter road was really good? I don’t recall.

The football on offer is awful. Doidge doesn’t look the part for me - another weak shot at the keeper on sat when
The net should have burst.

More and more empty seats are going to occur - as I’ve said before he loses the derby he is finished

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 03:07 PM

No i can't, was there anything specific mentioned that i have forgotten? :greengrin

oldbutdim
27-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Thing is HR, over the last few seasons (in a Hibs sense) we have been spoiled in the fact we have played (consistently) attacking football and never gone into games with a defensive mindset.

You obviously weren't at Kilmarnock when we put out a team of centre halves under Lennon.

Quite disgraceful.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Can anyone say they are entertained watching hibs under heckingbottom?

When was the last time the atmosphere at Easter road was really good? I don’t recall.

The football on offer is awful. Doidge doesn’t look the part for me - another weak shot at the keeper on sat when
The net should have burst.

More and more empty seats are going to occur - as I’ve said before he loses the derby he is finished

well personally, after watching hibs for 47+ years i came so near to walking out at HT on saturday for the first time ever, it was horrible

Paloschi
27-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Hecky get's my support until he leaves however I refused to judge him last season based on it not being his squad or predicament. This season is only 3 league games in and I am very concerned. We seem to be conceding goals all over the place. The signings also don't look great, you can usually tell pretty early. Jackson aside. Hallberg is hopefully a gem. Vela has potential.

He's improved Kamberi's form and apart from that, can't see many more positives.

I think we should look to the Hibs Ladies for inspiration. There is a great team spirit and winning mentality. That is clearly instilled into them and they carry it themselves. Who at the club is taking note? We folded at Rangers and at home to St Johnstone. We conceded 3 at home to Morton. We look weak and negative and lack balance and competition. Nobody is being pushed to retain their spot. Hanlon and Mallan are examples of playing poorly and retaining their position in the XI.

If I was making the decision, his next 2-3 games are what ultimately it would come down to. I hope he can turn it around. 4 points from 9 isn't a disaster, especially as we lost at Ibrox however the performances of the team and individuals concern me as well as the shape of the squad. Time will tell but it is not looking good.

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Thing is HR, over the last few seasons (in a Hibs sense) we have been spoiled in the fact we have played (consistently) attacking football and never gone into games with a defensive mindset. Last 4 seasons fans have been going to games with the (rightful) expectancy that the team will give an attack minded performance and on the front foot. Sure there have been poor games under Stubbs and Lennon, however over the season the play has been really good to watch. The football under PH is slow, pedestrian, defensive and insipid. At no time have I felt we imposed ourselves on games, and I include pre-season. He allows teams possession and freedom of the park (the players need to accept blame and culpability there too).

We have no real pace once you remove Boyle from the side, and the midfield is slow to press, harry, and move up the pitch. The new signings have clearly underestimated the club and the league and are very poor. Scottish football (SPFL) is a high standard and they've not stepped up, made an impression, nor do they look like they have the desire to do so - even this early into a campaign.

I'm not expecting to win every game, far from it. But I expect entertaining football and not going into games 'not wanting to lose' rather than 'going into them to win'. That's the impression I get from all PH's selections and games he has managed.

Yes good points. The fans are not negative just for the sake of it, the manager is setting the team up wrongly and we are very concerned that he doesn't see this.

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2019, 03:42 PM

Was there a clamour for him to be binned??

I don't remember that. I remember everyone being shocked and wondering where the hell that came from when LD announced he was away.

I'm still recovering!!!

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 03:44 PM

Imagine how young Ollie Shaw feels watching Doidge miss these pretty easy chances? Cant say he is an improvement on Ollie and yet we paid money for him and are more than likely paying him more than Ollie - yet I thought Ollie was not quite doing enough to get a starting place - Doidge, dont even ask.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2019, 03:44 PM

I don't remember that. I remember everyone being shocked and wondering where the hell that came from when LD announced he was away.

I'm still recovering!!!

Kilmarnock away when we were scudded 3-0 and had 6 or 7 defenders on the park was a particularly large nail in the coffin iirc.

Hermit Crab
27-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Imagine how young Ollie Shaw feels watching Doidge miss these pretty easy chances? Cant say he is an improvement on Ollie and yet we paid money for him and are more than likely paying him more than Ollie - yet I thought Ollie was not quite doing enough to get a starting place - Doidge, dont even ask.

Are you forgetting about the umpteen easy chances Shaw has missed? Too many to mention.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 03:46 PM

I'm still recovering!!!

:greengrin :top marks

matty_f
27-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Just deleted a post from someone calling someone else a clown.

Please keep it civil, folks.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 04:02 PM
No i can't, was there anything specific mentioned that i have forgotten? :greengrin

I can't remember either.

I'd just have been interested in how that run compares to the current one.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 04:04 PM

I'm still recovering!!!

Oh yes, there were plenty people calling for his removal. Some of them are equally vociferous in their support for the current manager to remain.

flash
27-08-2019, 04:13 PM
well personally, after watching hibs for 47+ years i came so near to walking out at HT on saturday for the first time ever, it was horrible

Nothing against you but I have seen scores of worse performances than the first half on Saturday. Wouldn't make my top 100.

calumhibee1
27-08-2019, 04:26 PM
I can't remember either.

I'd just have been interested in how that run compares to the current one.

He won 2 in 16. I’ve no idea about the previous 8 games, but we’ve won 5 from 8 this season, so it’s guaranteed to be quite a bit better.

Edit: played 16, won 7, drawn 5 lost 4 is PH current run of form if comparing it to the won when NL left.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 04:32 PM
He won 2 in 16. I’ve no idea about the previous 8 games, but we’ve won 5 from 8 this season, so it’s guaranteed to be quite a bit better.

Edit: played 16, won 7, drawn 5 lost 4

Did Lennon have a lot of games against teams in lower divisions in that run?

calumhibee1
27-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Did Lennon have a lot of games against teams in lower divisions in that run?

Of course not, it was mid season. It doesn’t mean that these games aren’t part of our current run though.

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Of course not, it was mid season. It doesn’t mean that these games aren’t part of our current run though.

The stats look not bad but it includes loads of ***** football and a draw with the worst team in Scotland.

Beefster
27-08-2019, 04:40 PM

Edit: played 16, won 7, drawn 5 lost 4 is PH current run of form if comparing it to the won when NL left.

If you were a glass half-empty kind of a guy, it’s one win in eight league games.

calumhibee1
The stats look not bad but it includes loads of ***** football and a draw with the worst team in Scotland.

It does. It also includes a rare Tynecastle away win. There’s no doubting we’re hardly setting the heather alight though.

calumhibee1
If you were a glass half-empty kind of a guy, it’s one win in eight league games.

That wasn’t the question that was asked though. We were looking for a comparison between NL run of form when he left and our current one. You’re right though, it is 1 in 8.

pollution
27-08-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm only referring to the booing at the substitutions but if our manager has a good hard look at himself, his formations, in particular his deployment of Scott Allan then something good could and should come of it. I suspect however he's going to be stubborn on this one and refuse to admit he's wrong. I don't accept that the players were effected by that booing it was clear it was the removal of SA, nothing to do with who was coming on.

It is sometime little comments that reveal our manager's attitude towards us.

Quote from Evening News: " I didn't know there was a law up here that you can't take him off.." referring to Scott.

I think he is showing enormous arrogance. He should be impressing the new owner, not slagging off some supporters who were calling out his patent mistake

with using him on the side. If he was not fully fir or well he should not have been on the pitch full stop.

When he was sworn at by a ref's assistant he showed what I thought then was pluck but now I am not sure.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Ok. It does mean that we're not comparing like for like though.

I may have miscounted, but I think Lennon's last 10 league games included 3 wins and 4 draws.

Heckingbottom has managed 2 league wins and 4 draws.

Rumble de Thump
27-08-2019, 04:52 PM
It is sometime little comments that reveal our manager's attitude towards us.

Quote from Evening News: " I didn't know there was a law up here that you can't take him off.." referring to Scott.

I think he is showing enormous arrogance. He should be impressing the new owner, not slagging off some supporters who were calling out his patent mistake

with using him on the side. If he was not fully fir or well he should not have been on the pitch full stop.

When he was sworn at by a ref's assistant he showed what I thought then was pluck but now I am not sure.

In what way is he showing enormous arrogance?

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 04:57 PM
It does. It also includes a rare Tynecastle away win. There’s no doubting we’re hardly setting the heather alight though.

Hearts last season were utter pap, that’s not as big an achievement as it should be especially when we drew with them when they once again had nothing to play for at home after hooking Kamberi at half time.

bingo70
27-08-2019, 04:58 PM

I don’t know if I’d call it enormous arrogance.

I would say it’s being a bit of a smart arse when it’s not really the time to play the smart arse.

I don’t actually mind the guy in interviews generally, think he seems an alright bloke, I don’t think that interview was particularly smart though, Adam Jackson said the right things the day after (apart from thinking we played well and should have won)

Rumble de Thump
27-08-2019, 05:02 PM
I don’t know if I’d call it enormous arrogance.

I would say it’s being a bit of a smart arse when it’s not really the time to play the smart arse.

I don’t actually mind the guy in interviews generally, think he seems an alright bloke, I don’t think that interview was particularly smart though, Adam Jackson said the right things the day after (apart from thinking we played well and should have won)

There are no "right things" Heckingbottom could say, though. The same people would twist it to have a go at him, whether merited or not.

calumhibee1
27-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Ok. It does mean that we're not comparing like for like though.

I may have miscounted, but I think Lennon's last 10 league games included 3 wins and 4 draws.

Heckingbottom has managed 2 league wins and 4 draws.

Hecky had 2 or 3 meaningless games etc where as NL didn’t have any, his all meant something, PH played more against the top 6.. there’s always some reason to decide to take certain games out of the stats if you’re wanting to. (And admittedly in my case not remove some).

I personally feel like there’s a desperate attempt from a few folk (not yourself btw) to discredit anything PH does. Finish in the best 4 out of 38 teams in the league cup, doesn’t matter. Beats St Mirren? Toiled (even though we didn’t) so no credit. Beat Morton to progress to the cup QF? Some will even refuse to acknowledge we won.

bingo70
27-08-2019, 05:05 PM
There are no "right things" Heckingbottom could say, though. The same people would twist it to have a go at him, whether merited or not.

Disagree.

He made a comment that was only going to annoy folk at a time he should be trying to calm things down.

Onion
27-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Often the case when anyone loses credibility. Nothing new in that.

jeffers
27-08-2019, 05:11 PM

I agree with that. Even if he’d said he’d got it wrong and understood fans frustrations I’d still have been annoyed that he hadn’t learned from making the exact same mistake against St Mirren. However in saying that his comments did make him come across as a smartarse and were misguided at best and as Bingo says only further annoyed fans who were already pissed off with him.

pollution
27-08-2019, 05:14 PM

He sounds as if he is beyond reproach.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Hecky had 2 or 3 meaningless games etc where as NL didn’t have any, his all meant something, PH played more against the top 6.. there’s always some reason to decide to take certain games out of the stats if you’re wanting to. (And admittedly in my case not remove some).

I personally feel like there’s a desperate attempt from a few folk (not yourself btw) to discredit anything PH does. Finish in the best 4 out of 38 teams in the league cup, doesn’t matter. Beats St Mirren? Toiled (even though we didn’t) so no credit. Beat Morton to progress to the cup QF? Some will even refuse to acknowledge we won.

Ok. Let's square it up.

In both managers' last 11 league games, they won 3 games and they played top 6 teams, 6 times. (I think).

You want to use the LC games in PHs defence, but drawing 1-1 with Stirling Albion to win a single extra point on penalties and then drawing 3-3 with Morton to win in extra time aren't results any Hibs supporter, never mind manager, should be happy with.

You've taken your position on Heckingbottom and you're not going to move from it, regardless of how insipid the performances and results are.

I do realise that, but I don't understand it when the facts are staring us in the face, and booing us in the ears. Something to do with the theories about commitment and consistency, I guess, but I'll leave you to it.

Rumble de Thump
27-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Often the case when anyone loses credibility. Nothing new in that.

But quite unusual when someone hasn't.

hibeerealist
27-08-2019, 06:23 PM
I
Are you forgetting about the umpteen easy chances Shaw has missed? Too many to mention.

Yes he has missed chances HC point I was trying to make is we have spent money on a player who is effectively taking his place and he is no better from what I have seen.

The_Horde
27-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Heckys at Mussy races tonight. Second hand info from my mate but he's apparently said in an interview "players are still getting to know the club, we'll get there" and "it's not always a good thing finishing strong, it creates expectations"

That last line is right up there with Butcher and his "takes away the fear of losing an early goal" line.

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Heckys at Mussy races tonight. Second hand info from my mate but he's apparently said in an interview "players are still getting to know the club, we'll get there" and "it's not always a good thing finishing strong, it creates expectations"

That last line is right up there with Butcher and his "takes away the fear of losing an early goal" line.
Got the same message. Supposedly been doing Jagermeister with Billy Brown.

The_Horde
27-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Thanks Dennis.

hibsbollah
27-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Quite a day for him then, he was doing crystal meth with Catriona Shearer in the Central Bar VIP lounge at lunchtime.

The_Horde
27-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Quite a day for him then, he was doing crystal meth with Catriona Shearer in the Central Bar VIP lounge at lunchtime.

Whilst MWC is possibly exaggerating about the jagers, BB is there along with Combe and Nishy. Looks like a staff day to the races.

Sammy7nil
27-08-2019, 06:35 PM

That is pish it was in the Marksman after half dozen £1.99 pints in the Foot of the Walk

bingo70
27-08-2019, 06:36 PM

I don’t have a problem with what he says there.

We over performed when he first came in, I think if we had just missed out on the top 6 and won more games after the split then there wouldn’t have been the same negativity about him.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 06:38 PM

:faf:

The_Horde
27-08-2019, 06:40 PM

We over performed when he first came in, I think if we had just missed out on the top 6 and won more games after the split then there wouldn’t have been the same negativity about him.

It's a shocker for me in the sense that, firstly, he thinks not winning a single top six game is finishing strongly and, secondly, that he seems to believe that this is somehow exceeding expectations.

Speedway
27-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Whilst MWC is possibly exaggerating about the jagers, BB is there along with Combe and Nishy. Looks like a staff day to the races.

Has Nish been flagged offside yet?

My_Wife_Camille
27-08-2019, 06:56 PM
I realise my post might have sounded like a joke so the tone of your reply it to be expected but it was straight up!

Not a exaggerating at all. Was exactly what I was told.

To be honest, obviously the guy is free to enjoy a drink on his day off but hanging out will Billy Brown should be a sackable offence

Borderhibbie76
27-08-2019, 08:12 PM

We over performed when he first came in, I think if we had just missed out on the top 6 and won more games after the split then there wouldn’t have been the same negativity about him.Unfortunately he cant say right for saying wrong with most posters on here right now. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but hes getting it from all angles at moment and no matter what he says or does...its wrong in some posters eyes.

As I say I dont rate him personally and believe this will probably all end sooner rather than later but I cant help but feel a wee bit of sympathy for the guy...hes doomed no matter what he says or does.

By finishing strongly he means the run we went on to finish top 5...when he came in Sir Neil of Lennon had us languishing in 8th - think many are choosing to forget that right now.

I dont honestly believe he is the manager to take us forward and given how large parts of the support have turned on him already...I dont think hes got long unless their is a miraculous turnaround in form and results over the coming month.

But when fans turn against a manager the way the majority of Hibs fans seem to have done on Hecky already...it normally only ends one way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
27-08-2019, 08:20 PM
I realise my post might have sounded like a joke so the tone of your reply it to be expected but it was straight up!

You clearly don't know Catriona all that well if you thought I was joking. Mad for a bit of it.

The_Horde
27-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately he cant say right for saying wrong with most posters on here right now. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but hes getting it from all angles at moment and no matter what he says or does...its wrong in some posters eyes.

As I say I dont rate him personally and believe this will probably all end sooner rather than later but I cant help but feel a wee bit of sympathy for the guy...hes doomed no matter what he says or does.

By finishing strongly he means the run we went on to finish top 5...when he came in Sir Neil of Lennon had us languishing in 8th - think many are choosing to forget that right now.

I dont honestly believe he is the manager to take us forward and given how large parts of the support have turned on him already...I dont think hes got long unless their is a miraculous turnaround in form and results over the coming month.

But when fans turn against a manager the way the majority of Hibs fans seem to have done on Hecky already...it normally only ends one way

Firstly, once again you can take your assumption that I'm some sort of Lennon lover back. I liked him in his pomp but he had to go, and you'll find I was amongst the first batch of fans to say so.

Secondly, I know exactly what he means by 'finishing strongly' but what I don't understand is why we should be "expecting" less than a 5th placed finish, no wins after the split against the best sides in the league and 10 points won from the last available 30.

It seems to be becoming apparent that Heckingbottom's ambitions for Hibs don't align with that of the supporters.

WestStandWillie
27-08-2019, 08:33 PM
My son and grandson were at the nags tonights and the grandson was mair interested in photos with Combe and Nish.

jacomo
27-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately he cant say right for saying wrong with most posters on here right now. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but hes getting it from all angles at moment and no matter what he says or does...its wrong in some posters eyes.

Unfortunately those who argue he doesn’t ‘get’ Hibs are being given loads of ammunition at the moment.

He would do better to acknowledge that 5th is nowhere and that we are a long way from where we want to be at present.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Hecky at the races, i suppose there is a first time for everything.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Hecky at the races, i suppose there is a first time for everything.

:tee hee:

The 90+2
27-08-2019, 09:52 PM

Calum, Lennon was a much better HC for us than Hecky. It’s gotten to the stage I miss the guy and I wanted Lennon our at Christmas time as it was obvious there was a separation between club and Lennon. Ram the three games rubbish, the squad is a mess now and it’s down to our HC and possibly recruitment team. The boy has underestimated Scottish football and has been found out. I’ve no idea why you’re taking things so personally mate. We have all lives through this scenario many times before and we know the ending - bottom six pish and a half empty stadium. Do you want that for the club again, blindly supporting the guy who has brought in utter guff and has us playing torrid football? He has theee games left to save his job. I don’t believe we will win any of them and it will be over. It’s not the fans fault either. No wonder we all have the fear because we lived through 5 years of ****, sat through being ****ed off hearts in the Scottish cup final, ***** bottom six football and it all ended in relegation.

tonyrougier123
28-08-2019, 12:18 AM
At the end of the day I think he has overcoached the players.

Video analysis and a focus on stats has been his undoing imo.maybe too much emphasis on this.

It looks like it has led to the squad less understanding positional play and formation tactics.

And for a stats man,the results must be a sore one for him to take because they are terrible compared with the two managers before him.not his results stats,the individual game stats.
We are conceding far too much possession and teams are getting too many shots away leading to more goals conceded.

30-08-2019, 09:32 PM

I agree. 2 of Heckingbottom's 3 losses against top 6 were to Killie and Aberdeen who were battling it out for 3rd. We were 3 points ahead of Hearts and 21 goals better off. Hearts only had 1 game left, Celtic at Parkhead.

IIRC the goal in the 1-0 Killie loss was from the penalty won by Alex Bruce when Heckingbottom then called him a f***ing diver.

Here are some facts from last season:
Record against top 6
Before Heckingbottom
W2 D4 L6 = average of 0.83 points per game*

After Heckingbottom
W1 D4 L3 = average of 0.87 points per game

Record against bottom 6
Before Heckingbottom
W6 D4 L3 =* 1.69 points per game

After Heckingbottom
W5 D0 L0 = 3 points per game

Before Heckingbottom 32 points from 25 games = 1.28ppg
After 22 points from 13 games = 1.69ppg

1.69 points per game from the start of the season would have had us on 61 points with 2 games to go which is what Aberdeen and Killie were on.

8 of Heckingbottom’s 13 games were against top 6 teams and only 5 were against bottom 6.

Before Heckingbottom – 11 points behind Hearts
After Heckingbottom – 3 points ahead of Hearts

Wheat Hound
31-08-2019, 01:02 AM
Ive largely lost faith in Hecky after last week's abomination.

However, I'll be at Fir Park today hoping for signs of improvement and willing Hecky & the team on.