PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic

GoalsMcGinley
11-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Are we allowed to criticise yet? That was absolutely woeful. Worst Hibernian performance at Ibrox since about 1995. No heart, no fight, no pride, no desire. Manager has HUGE question marks over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2019, 03:58 PM
but we're still gelling

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Can't say I'm suprised at getting beat.. but very disappointed to lose six.

StevieHendo
11-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Its fine though cause the Yams lost yesterday. Thats all folk on here care about. Serious wake up required cause we are 5th best squad in this league. And today we were pathetic. No heart no desire bar 2 or 3. Whittaker will be the usual scapegoat im sure but were just not good enough. newell is hopeless as is Doidge. allan can be as gifted as he wants but no one near him has an IQ its stupidity. Mallans guff aswell. Said it for months can swing a set play in and shoot but hes a zombie for 85 mins (no rangers pun intended)

Rumble de Thump
11-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Thank god we didn't have a player sent off or it could have been much worse.

matty_f
11-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Pathetic is being kind.

That was a sackable performance. Heckingbottom couldn’t complain if he got his jotters after that.

Keith_M
11-08-2019, 04:03 PM
First half hour was pathetic. After the red card, we had no chance

StevieHendo
11-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Thank god we didn't have a player sent off or it could have been much worse.

With 11 in first half we were lucky it wasnt 6 or 7. Red cards no excuse on another day that could be double digits

TheHarpy76
11-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Beyond pathetic.

That was a shameful display. We were lucky it was only 6.

I really hope we can get another few players in. Sadly that looks unlikely.

dphibs
Heckingbottom will be lucky to see Christmas. His style of football is the reason I didn’t renew my season tickets. Just listening to him bores me to tears.

Monts
Its fine though cause the Yams lost yesterday. Thats all folk on here care about. Serious wake up required cause we are 5th best squad in this league. And today we were pathetic. No heart no desire bar 2 or 3. Whittaker will be the usual scapegoat im sure but were just not good enough. newell is hopeless as is Doidge. allan can be as gifted as he wants but no one near him has an IQ its stupidity. Mallans guff aswell. Said it for months can swing a set play in and shoot but hes a zombie for 85 mins (no rangers pun intended)

Hearts didn't lose yesterday

Unseen work
11-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Whilst it’s easy to blame Heckingbottom, the players need to take responsibility.

Some shocking performances, decisions and mistakes in there.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Heckingbottom will be lucky to see Christmas. His style of football is the reason I didn’t renew my season tickets. Just listening to him bores me to tears.

i honestly have no idea if that's true or not......i've NEVER listened to a single interview he's done :duck:

Rumble de Thump
11-08-2019, 04:11 PM
With 11 in first half we were lucky it wasnt 6 or 7. Red cards no excuse on another day that could be double digits

I'm not sure what you mean by "no excuse". But it was obviously the reason.

stuart-farquhar
Leave now.

Squirrel 1875
Hopefully the fans are now starting to see through Heckingbottom.

truehibernian
Still four players short, especially in midfield where we are the weakest I've seen in 6 years. Worrying thing for me is Heckingbottom wants to work with a small squad. All very well asking for perspective, however the football I've watched pre-season was a sign of what's to come - slow, ponderous, laboured football. Total regression from where we've been the last 5 seasons (evaluating all the games so far this season). Money has to be made available and pronto.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2019, 04:12 PM
thank the heavens above we have Rocky

and scott allan

that could/should have been double figures

tonyrougier123
11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Seen this result miles off.Shameful!!

Signings have been woeful,mackie sending off nothing more than a convenient excuse for the hammering.

It will take alot of convincing for the new guys to turn this around.

Ron gordon should overhaul recruitment imo,consistently poor for while now.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Seen this result miles off.Shameful!!

Signings have been woeful,mackie sending off nothing more than a convenient excuse for the hammering.

It will take alot of convincing for the new guys to turn this around.

Ron gordon should overhaul recruitment imo,consistently poor for while now.Yup recruitment by and large has been poor since Stubbsy was here bar 1 or 2. Just not good enough. Serious questions needing answered now in the next few weeks from this squad

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:17 PM
It was totally unacceptable and the red card is no excuse, as we were well outplayed before then.

34 shots against us, with 19 on target? That's appalling, and our signings don't look up to much thus far.

It's worrying.

judas
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Still four players short, especially in midfield where we are the weakest I've seen in 6 years. Worrying thing for me is Heckingbottom wants to work with a small squad. All very well asking for perspective, however the football I've watched pre-season was a sign of what's to come - slow, ponderous, laboured football. Total regression from where we've been the last 5 seasons (evaluating all the games so far this season). Money has to be made available and pronto.

To be honest I like the small squad philosophy IF the quality of player raises the bar. We have a small squad with some very dubious players in it

Lago
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Some of you may remember the Jim Duffy teams, full of lower league, all be it Scottish, players, quickly found out.
I am still waiting for the high press, fast pace football, can't see it happening with that squad, the old legs in the Hibs defence just can't handle that level of football, hate to think what Celtic will do.

StevieHendo
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Hearts didn't lose yesterday

You knew what i meant tbf

BoltonHibee
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
He’s a ****ing fraud. Get shot now and show his honking signings the door too.

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Nobody is forcing you to renew

DarlingtonHibee
11-08-2019, 04:21 PM
He’s a ****ing fraud. Get shot now and show his honking signings the door too.

And do what?

Crab apple

If you're going to play with a small squad you need to have at least a few stand out players. For me we only have Allan. And you're correct about the style of football. Where is the pace, power and pressing he talks about. That was a dreadful performance today and I was there when the huns beat us 7-0 back in the Miller days.

theonlywayisup
I'm seriously worried. I'm generally a "pint half full" man, but struggling to see any positives after today's result.

I know The Rangers have invested a lot in their team, but we should not be losing 6-1 to anyone.

Shocking result.

I'm very concerned about the level of players that we've recruited. I still think it's too early to make a judgement call on them but they better start performing to a higher level.

Weegreenman
11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Wasn’t at the game but I’ll wager that our defence was awful with players gone AWOL. I’ll watch the highlights to see who the culprits were but I think I probably already know!

tonyrougier123
11-08-2019, 04:23 PM
None of the new signings are first eleven upgrades!! Brutal stuff like.Canny believe there is a thread called perspective blah blah.

Hibeesmad
Gray, Porteous and Stevenson back in for next week please

calumhibee1
Should have shut up shop at 3-1. We were never getting back into it with 10 men when we went 2 behind with the way Rangers were playing. Damage limitation should have been the aim of the game at that point.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
And do what?

Get a manager in who actually knows how to set a team up and not rely on our goalkeeper making three or four worldies a game.

Oh, and sign players who can actually improve the squad. This guy has singlehandedly managed to take us back about five years.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Worst HIBS performance since Gazza got booked for booking the referee

An absolute disgrace!

Hecky needs to turn things around fast

The natives are getting restless

The team we beat last week just beat The Sheep

Tough game on Saturday Morton are nae mugs they had a good win yesterday

madhatter
11-08-2019, 04:25 PM
As a club we need to start forming an identity. We’re devoid of anything, we aren’t a tall physical team, we aren’t a pacy team, we aren’t a passing team, we’re not a high pressing team.

Hecky has us playing some awful football and his recruitment has been shocking. Tom James looks ok (at best) but rest look mediocre. Letting Bartley leave to bring in Vela looks like a horrendous decision.

At least he knows all the players’ names.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Wasn’t at the game but I’ll wager that our defence was awful with players gone AWOL. I’ll watch the highlights to see who the culprits were but I think I probably already know!

Yip our most experienced players were utter gash,whittaker, hanlon and mcgregor will hopefully not play together again for a very long time

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
As a club we need to start forming an identity. We’re devoid of anything, we aren’t a tall physical team, we aren’t a pacy team, we aren’t a passing team, we’re not a high pressing team.

Hecky has us playing some awful football and his recruitment has been shocking. Tom James looks ok (at best) but rest look mediocre. Letting Bartley leave to bring in Vela looks like a horrendous decision.

At least he knows all the players’ names.

but we are all Hibs

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Hecky must go. Absolute pathetic performance. Embarrassing. What a waste of nearly £100 the day.

thebausburst
11-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Hecky’s signings are truly appalling, our 2016 championship side would wipe the floor with this mob of lower English league pish. Newell is the worst signing I’ve seen the club make for many a year, the guy would struggle to hold down a place for Fort William.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Hecky must go. Absolute pathetic performance. Embarrassing. What a waste of nearly £100 the day.

My sympathy goes to all 900 Hibees who spent their time and money to stand in the pishing rain, only to see that performance.

kaimendhibs
11-08-2019, 04:33 PM
No positives from that today. Utterly horrific

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Get a manager in who actually knows how to set a team up and not rely on our goalkeeper making three or four worldies a game.

Oh, and sign players who can actually improve the squad. This guy has singlehandedly managed to take us back about five years.

Bet you have a semi right now

hibbie02
I have restrained myself for a few weeks after getting shouted down for my views on our transfer activity. Am I now allowed to say I told you so? The happy clapper brigade have shouted down all concerns through an underwhelming pre season, some frankly pish performances against diddy teams in the LC and heroically murdering St Mirren 1-0 at home. Let’s give them a chance, next match they they will gel..... It gives me absolutely no pleasure whatsoever to say that this was coming. Maybe not as bad but it was coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hermit Crab
Are we allowed to criticise yet? That was absolutely woeful. Worst Hibernian performance at Ibrox since about 1995. No heart, no fight, no pride, no desire. Manager has HUGE question marks over him.

He’s happy with his squad though........ FO now!

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 04:35 PM

oh we will no get to a semi playing like that

madhatter
11-08-2019, 04:36 PM
but we are all Hibs

Right enough, we need to do tons of community work as a club as our season ticket numbers plummet. Great future our club has. WeAreAllHibs.

Have the club not worked out that to grow a club you need to win games and compete as high as you can. You don’t grow your club doing fans fitness schemes while your team is getting pumped.

With Celtic and Rangers pulling away, without substantial investment and with clubs being mismanaged, Scottish football will be back in the doldrums shortly. No money and clubs wasting money on dross only leads to fans saying “No, I won’t pay £400 on a ST for that rubbish”.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:38 PM
oh we will no get to a semi playing like that

😁

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Our defence was crap. Hanlon and McGregor are Cart horses and are finished. Whitty done ok but had no cover from Horgan. Mackie was the same. No cover from newell.

McGregor and Mackie booked early doors so always walking a tightrope. The first goal the 2 centre half’s are statues as Defoe runs in with about 8 yds radius of space without a Hibs player near him. Shocking stuff.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 04:45 PM

You happy to accept that pish? We’re you at the game caller? If you were it’s even worse if you’re trying to defend that performance.

hibbie02
11-08-2019, 04:53 PM

You were one of those happy to tell us we were talking pish about the new signings. Now all you can do is come up with limp knob jokes. Slow clap!

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Disgraceful set up too busy worrying about their players and not enough on our strengths that we do have.

This was The Rangers we played today yes they have some good players but you need to be going for it against them as end of the day they are not Real Madrid or Barcelona and that's how this looks like it was approached.

2 up front never mind them go for it ffs.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
You were one of those happy to tell us we were talking pish about the new signings. Now all you can do is come up with limp knob jokes. Slow clap!

Said poster has been at it for months, yip I still say they need time but were awful today.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
You happy to accept that pish? We’re you at the game caller? If you were it’s even worse if you’re trying to defend that performance.

Certainly not happy to accept that as I've stated on other threads, we were lucky not to be beaten by more, why does it matter if I was at the game? As it turns out nope I'm on holiday so missing the rain at home. Again I'm not defending the performance as I thought it was horrendous

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Can't defend. Won't defend. Embarrassing

Social media is very toxic right now towards the players and management team.

I want him to, but can't see how hecky can recover. When fans are so against the management team at such an early stage, what chance has he got?

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 04:59 PM
As I said on another thread, losing 6-1 is bad enough. But the scoreline flattered us, and that is the most embarrassing aspect of today.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:59 PM

Correct.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 05:02 PM
I have restrained myself for a few weeks after getting shouted down for my views on our transfer activity. Am I now allowed to say I told you so? The happy clapper brigade have shouted down all concerns through an underwhelming pre season, some frankly pish performances against diddy teams in the LC and heroically murdering St Mirren 1-0 at home. Let’s give them a chance, next match they they will gel..... It gives me absolutely no pleasure whatsoever to say that this was coming. Maybe not as bad but it was coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProYou sound delighted we got humped today...enjoy basking in the glory of it all today.

What a pathetic post...almost as bad as the teams performance today

hibbie02
11-08-2019, 05:13 PM
You sound delighted we got humped today...enjoy basking in the glory of it all today.

What a pathetic post...almost as bad as the teams performance today

So you chose not to read the “it gives me no pleasure” bit then?

What is pathetic about criticising the quality of signings, being told to give them a chance and 6 competitive matches later we are horsed 6-1. Too ‘Kn right I have held off but now I’m having my say. Call it pathetic but I call it being proved right unfortunately. Happy clap all you like, it won’t improve this team.

madhatter
11-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Worrying way to look at it is Bartley is faster than Newell. Adding to that, Newell is being played wide left in a team whose manager wants a high press. We could have made Bartley our right winger...

High press with snails ain’t going to work boss.

green with envy
11-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Just back from that embarrassment of a performance.

Very rarely i criticise after a performance but on this occasion, i'm going to. apart from it could easily have been 5/6 before HT let alone at full time, the team lack energy and desire and that's a huge worry after only two league games.

Heckingbottom, doesn't know his first choice team and this after numerous league cup games and friendlies. The players he has brought in that started today are powder-puff and not a lot to be encouraged for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping soon that i'm going to see the high press that the manager suggested a few weeks ago but I have my doubts. Slightly worried for the rest of the season even after this short time.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 05:43 PM
So you chose not to read the “it gives me no pleasure” bit then?

What is pathetic about criticising the quality of signings, being told to give them a chance and 6 competitive matches later we are horsed 6-1. Too ‘Kn right I have held off but now I’m having my say. Call it pathetic but I call it being proved right unfortunately. Happy clap all you like, it won’t improve this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProCan assure you I am far removed from being a happy Clapper after that today...the jury is well and truly out on both the manager, the new signings and even the ambition of our board

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Interesting opening post.

It’s like folk have been walking on eggshells on here about ‘Hecky’, afraid to criticise him at all.

I always thought there was an underlying feeling of ‘nah, this guys not got it’ but that folk were just keeping quiet.

I was kinda adopting the “if you’ve nothing positive to say” line!

I think this result changes that and we can indeed talk more freely about him.

Brightside
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Worrying way to look at it is Bartley is faster than Newell. Adding to that, Newell is being played wide left in a team whose manager wants a high press. We could have made Bartley our right winger...

High press with snails ain’t going to work boss.

Dont be silly

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Heckingbotttom is starting to look like he is taking the club back to days of calderwood , fenlon , butcher. I really dont see how his style (whatever that is) fits with the supposed ethos of the clubs structure. Id be happy to get shot of him to be honest. Dull , boring , negative are all words id use to describe him and his hibernian team

madhatter
11-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Dont be silly

Newell left wing in a team is as silly as Bartley wide right as far as I’m concerned. Still not seen how Newell made it as a pro footballer tbh. Hecky takes most of the blame here, kept saying high press and win the ball back early but has brought in slow players that have zero bite.

Hecky has 2 games for me. Poor results and he should be shown door and take recruitment team with him.

ThatDayInMay
11-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Hibs performance today is not a surprise to me nor should it be to the majority of fans who have had concerns over the managers signings and tactics.

But it seems that anyone with even an ounce of ‘negativity’ or that was going against the grain was instantly shot down in previous weeks ‘It’s just Pre-Season’ ‘The new signings need time to bed in’ excuses that don’t cut it anymore.

Hibs have evidently gone backwards since the Scottish Cup win, and the championship side of that season would wipe the floor with this one made up of bang average lower English league players.

Of course it wasn’t going to be straightforward to replace what was arguably the best midfield in Scotland with (McGinn, McGeoch & Allan).

Heckingbottom turned down the chance to resign McGeoch. For what? The likes of Joe Newell?

Heckingbottom has categorically, underestimated the standard of Scottish Football. We downed tools towards the end of last season, having missed out on Europe, and it’s carried into this season.

Where is the high press he spoke of? And his idea that he would take players to fitness levels they’ve never reached before? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m yet too see it.

I have backed him since he came in the door but If he’s genuinely happy with our squad going into the season then he’s a bigger fool than we all think.

We must genuinely have the slowest defence in the league. Although I can’t fault Whittaker’s performances so far this campaign, generally teams pushing for European football don’t have 35 year old full backs.

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well 🙃.

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Just as well that the result is all about us and nothing to do with the opposition clearly being a better team than they were last season.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Hibs performance today is not a surprise to me nor should it be to the majority of fans who have had concerns over the managers signings and tactics.

But it seems that anyone with even an ounce of ‘negativity’ or that was going against the grain was instantly shot down in previous weeks ‘It’s just Pre-Season’ ‘The new signings need time to bed in’ excuses that don’t cut it anymore.

Hibs have evidently gone backwards since the Scottish Cup win, and the championship side of that season would wipe the floor with this one made up of bang average lower English league players.

Of course it wasn’t going to be straightforward to replace what was arguably the best midfield in Scotland with (McGinn, McGeoch & Allan).

Heckingbottom turned down the chance to resign McGeoch. For what? The likes of Joe Newell?

Heckingbottom has categorically, underestimated the standard of Scottish Football. We downed tools towards the end of last season, having missed out on Europe, and it’s carried into this season.

Where is the high press he spoke of? And his idea that he would take players to fitness levels they’ve never reached before? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m yet too see it.

I have backed him since he came in the door but If he’s genuinely happy with our squad going into the season then he’s a bigger fool than we all think.

We must genuinely have the slowest defence in the league. Although I can’t fault Whittaker’s performances so far this campaign, generally teams pushing for European football don’t have 35 year old full backs.

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well 🙃.

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.

On the contrary, I think you make a number of good points.

Hibs90
11-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Jury is well truly out for me. Aside from the goal, we were ****ing rotten all day. That is not the Hibs that we have come to expect at Ibrox. They are a much improved side who have spent alot of money and there would be no shame in losing, but to lose in the manner we did is unacceptable. That kind of performance keeps up Heckingbottom won't see the end of September as Hibs boss. The signs were all there in pre-season and after the split last season but we were all told we were bed wetting, maybe just give those of us who noticed credit for noticing in advance. We are a good 5 or 6 GOOD players short of being anywhere near top 5. The system doesn't work and there is zero evidence of this high press attacking football that he wants to play.

Not a single one of his signings have impressed me at all and we have regressed to pre-relegation Hibs again.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2019, 06:03 PM
From Obscene Omeonga to Dazzling Doidge.................

Think someone's due a name change :cool2:

Jury is well truly out for me. Aside from the goal, we were ****ing rotten all day. That is not the Hibs that we have come to expect at Ibrox. They are a much improved side who have spent alot of money and there would be no shame in losing, but to lose in the manner we did is unacceptable. That kind of performance keeps up Heckingbottom won't see the end of September as Hibs boss. The signs were all there in pre-season and after the split last season but we were all told we were bed wetting, maybe just give those of us who noticed credit for noticing in advance. We are a good 5 or 6 GOOD players short of being anywhere near top 5. The system doesn't work and there is zero evidence of this high press attacking football that he wants to play.

Not a single one of his signings have impressed me at all and we have regressed to pre-relegation Hibs again.

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 06:03 PM
Newell left wing in a team is as silly as Bartley wide right as far as I’m concerned. Still not seen how Newell made it as a pro footballer tbh. Hecky takes most of the blame here, kept saying high press and win the ball back early but has brought in slow players that have zero bite.

Hecky has 2 games for me. Poor results and he should be shown door and take recruitment team with him.

Newell in any position in a Hibs team is silly. I just can't see what the boy adds at all, and I'm amazed Heckingbottom has signed him. He's a complete passenger. The last left sided player I can recall who looked so out of his depth was Alan O'Brien - who at least had the redeeming quality of being Ivan Sproule on a motorbike 😁

Speedway
11-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Pathetic is being kind.

That was a sackable performance. Heckingbottom couldn’t complain if he got his jotters after that.

Matty, I had my rant after the Elgin game, took my pelters from those who can’t debate and then you made the fair point that we can’t judge until after the first round of fixtures.

I felt that was fair and said we’d revisit at that point.

Do you still think we’ll need that long?

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Just as well that the result is all about us and nothing to do with the opposition clearly being a better team than they were last season.

We got ripped a new one today mate. I for one couldnt give a flying **** about Rangers being a better team. We were all over the place , gave rangers far too much space to build attacks , and were giving the ball away all over constantly in our own half. Lets just say i wont be paying through the nose to watch that pish in glasgow as long as our current manager is at the helm

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Interesting opening post.

It’s like folk have been walking on eggshells on here about ‘Hecky’, afraid to criticise him at all.

I always thought there was an underlying feeling of ‘nah, this guys not got it’ but that folk were just keeping quiet.

I was kinda adopting the “if you’ve nothing positive to say” line!

I think this result changes that and we can indeed talk more freely about him.

Yes. I put my opinion out there about him during the league cup and now every post I am called out by the same names. He deserves criticism.

Hibs90
11-08-2019, 06:21 PM
From Obscene Omeonga to Dazzling Doidge.................

Think someone's due a name change :cool2:

I don't think Doidge was the issue today, he should never have started in the first place.

Hibby John
11-08-2019, 06:31 PM
I was hoping for so much from Hibs today and now I have already lost hope for the rest of the season.

judas
11-08-2019, 06:44 PM

TBF if I’d just spent 100 quid on that I would be gutted. Sorry mate 😦

Brightside
11-08-2019, 06:55 PM
Our defence was crap. Hanlon and McGregor are Cart horses and are finished. Whitty done ok but had no cover from Horgan. Mackie was the same. No cover from newell.

McGregor and Mackie booked early doors so always walking a tightrope. The first goal the 2 centre half’s are statues as Defoe runs in with about 8 yds radius of space without a Hibs player near him. Shocking stuff.

Hanlon was our best outfield player.... Rangers comms constantly said that.

Heisenberg
11-08-2019, 07:00 PM

We just shipped 6 goals. He might’ve been our best outfield player but that doesn’t mean he played well. Not that you’ll admit that.

He was rotten. McGregor and Whittaker were worse. Mackie isn’t good enough.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 07:01 PM

He wasnt, him and McGregor were very poor

HibbyAndy
11-08-2019, 07:01 PM

We just shipped in 6 goals are you for real ?

matty_f
11-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Matty, I had my rant after the Elgin game, took my pelters from those who can’t debate and then you made the fair point that we can’t judge until after the first round of fixtures.

I felt that was fair and said we’d revisit at that point.

Do you still think we’ll need that long?

Being objective, yeah but I’m not feeling massively objective right now after that.

I think the round of fixtures is always a decent time to take stock, though.

I can’t believe I’m about to make this point because it feels like I’m justifying things, and I’m not wanting to, but Celtic have scored 12 goals in 2 games, and I think we’ll see scores like today and Celtic’s with depressing regularity this season.

I’m not a fan of knee jerk reactions, generally, so in the time taken to construct this post I’ve decided that a round of fixtures still feels like the right thing to do.

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 07:10 PM

I dont think we had a best player today mate. They were all absolutely brutal to a man. The midfield we selected and tactics deployed were the reason for that today

Speedway
11-08-2019, 07:12 PM
Being objective, yeah but I’m not feeling massively objective right now after that.

I think the round of fixtures is always a decent time to take stock, though.

I can’t believe I’m about to make this point because it feels like I’m justifying things, and I’m not wanting to, but Celtic have scored 12 goals in 2 games, and I think we’ll see scores like today and Celtic’s with depressing regularity this season.

I’m not a fan of knee jerk reactions, generally, so in the time taken to construct this post I’ve decided that a round of fixtures still feels like the right thing to do.

I see your point, I accept your point, I disagree with your point.

Sack him and sack him quickly.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I dont think we had a best player today mate. They were all absolutely brutal to a man. The midfield we selected and tactics deployed were the reason for that today

Horgan looked pretty good out on the wing for a spell, seemed to be out only attack minded player today

Speedway
11-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Horgan looked pretty good out on the wing for a spell, seemed to be out only attack minded player today

Allan?

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Allan?

On reflection yes allan also, horgan just seemed to want to push forward a bit more than the others, vela and mallan were not so good!

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:21 PM

He was towing a caravan again today along with McGregor, both were statues at the first goal... We lost 6-1, Hanlon and McGregor were turned inside out the whole game, get real mate. Both are past it.

Hi Heid Yin
11-08-2019, 08:16 PM

:top marks

theonlywayisup
11-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well ��.

Well said :top marks

I think we can all do a degree of negativity, we're Hibs fans after all. It's the overly negative views from experts who write off players after only a few minutes on the pitch that I struggle to understand. However, with hindsight, maybe they are better judges of players than I am.

I have had my doubts that Hecky was going down the same route as Fenlon in buying players he knew or was aware of whilst he managed clubs in an environment that was quite a bit different from the SPFL. Fenlon brought in a number of players who were nearly men, but generally not good enough to compete in Scotland. And I fear that Hecky has done the same with us.

I agree with your comment about our previous two managers being the high-water mark in how we viewed The Rangers and other leading Scottish clubs. You always felt confident when a Stubbs or a Lennon team played The Rangers and the other leading Scottish clubs. Now, I fear these games.

I wonder what Lewis Stevenson is thinking right now. He's seen it all before and he must be thinking that the good days from the last three years are now about to become a distant memory.

hibbydog
11-08-2019, 09:06 PM

Good point about the side of a couple of years ago. We’ve really went backwards since then. But I never thought we’d get thumped 6-1 by anyone.

Manager and players need to take responsibility. No professional team should down tools like we did in the second half. I’d give my right arm to pull on a hibs strip. They’re a shower of ****ers

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Great post.

The Harp Awakes
11-08-2019, 09:56 PM

The warning signs over Heck's tactics and inability to get players inspired for big games were there last season too. 3 games in particular; the Celtic SC tie at ER, the 1st 45 v Rangers at ER in the league and the trouncing at Killie were 3 of the most woeful, unispiring, lazy performances from Hibs since the Butcher relegation season. We were actually awful for the first part of the game at Tynie as well, before Horgan turned it around.

Hecky got away with it because of a run of decent results against the smaller teams. Today is a total embarrassment. There's no other way of describing it. The Manager and players bottled it and rather than the new signings coming in and improving the team, they seem to have weakened us. It's early days but in the main they look like they are out of their depth.

Hi Heid Yin
11-08-2019, 10:00 PM
The warning signs over Heck's tactics and inability to get players inspired for big games were there last season too. 3 games in particular; the Celtic SC tie at ER, the 1st 45 v Rangers at ER in the league and the trouncing at Killie were 3 of the most woeful, unispiring, lazy performances from Hibs since the Butcher relegation season. We were actually awful for the first part of the game at Tynie as well, before Horgan turned it around.

Hecky got away with it because of a run of decent results against the smaller teams. Today is a total embarrassment. There's no other way of describing it. The Manager and players bottled it and rather than the new signings coming in and improving the team, they seem to have weakened us. It's early days but in the main they look like they are out of their depth.

The bits in bold in particular.:agree::agree:

LancsHibs
11-08-2019, 10:09 PM
That result is a disgrace and an embarrassment. We’ve appointed a English lower division manager and he’s filled the team with English lower division players. Worrying times.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 10:18 PM
That result is a disgrace and an embarrassment. We’ve appointed a English lower division manager and he’s filled the team with English lower division players. Worrying times.

Just like we did with Jim Duffy and he brought all his mates from Dundee and turned us into a good Championship side

Sammy7nil
11-08-2019, 10:26 PM
As I said on another thread, losing 6-1 is bad enough. But the scoreline flattered us, and that is the most embarrassing aspect of today.

:top marks

hibbie02
11-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Precisely! Where is our much vaunted recruitment team? Even in the last few seasons, we have had a scattering of players from across Europe. Admittedly, we have had a lot of duds, but at least is showed we were looking over a wide spectrum. This season we have got in a load of low grade, low league players from down south. No one is going to convince me these guys were on our radar before Hecky turned up. He knows all these players and they are probably in his English League Fantasy Team. Unfortunately, that is the level he thinks we are at and we are suffering for that.

I complained weeks ago about the level we looked at and got told to shut it until we had a few games under out belt. Today is judgement day. We are Tam Kite. Too many people were prepared to put the green tinted glasses on and anyone who was not enthused was trashed. We are worse then we were 5 years ago. We are worse than 3 years ago and worse than 1 year ago.

Where were the signings to get us excited, enthused and emotional? This is the worst side we have had since relegation and it was obvious weeks ago! Hecky talks the talk and delivers nothing. Pressing game, fit, athletic players, no long ball, no more signings, we are good to go! Sorry that is all bollocks!

Gus
11-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Only 3 of his signings started today from English leagues. People were walking round with a semi about Vela signing.....

Absolute embarrassing result, Rangers wanted it more, looked fitter and technically superior.

Hanlon was at fault for 2 goals, McGregor is slower than a week in saughton. Mackie just isn’t good enough.

Should have started with 2 upfront as Doidge is never a lone striker

jeffers
11-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Only 3 of his signings started today from English leagues. People were walking round with a semi about Vela signing.....

Absolute embarrassing result, Rangers wanted it more, looked fitter and technically superior.

Hanlon was at fault for 2 goals, McGregor is slower than a week in saughton. Mackie just isn’t good enough.

Should have started with 2 upfront as Doidge is never a lone striker

You are correct he isn't which makes his signing all the more bizarre given Heckinbottom's preference for playing with a lone striker. However we don't have the midfield to allow us to play 2 up front against the better sides.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Precisely! Where is our much vaunted recruitment team? Even in the last few seasons, we have had a scattering of players from across Europe. Admittedly, we have had a lot of duds, but at least is showed we were looking over a wide spectrum. This season we have got in a load of low grade, low league players from down south. No one is going to convince me these guys were on our radar before Hecky turned up. He knows all these players and they are probably in his English League Fantasy Team. Unfortunately, that is the level he thinks we are at and we are suffering for that.

I complained weeks ago about the level we looked at and got told to shut it until we had a few games under out belt. Today is judgement day. We are Tam Kite. Too many people were prepared to put the green tinted glasses on and anyone who was not enthused was trashed. We are worse then we were 5 years ago. We are worse than 3 years ago and worse than 1 year ago.

Where were the signings to get us excited, enthused and emotional? This is the worst side we have had since relegation and it was obvious weeks ago! Hecky talks the talk and delivers nothing. Pressing game, fit, athletic players, no long ball, no more signings, we are good to go! Sorry that is all bollocks!

All of this. Spot on.

GoalsMcGinley
12-08-2019, 09:41 AM
These guys are hecky’s signings. 100% his. There’s not a chance in hell we would’ve signed a RB from a team who got relegated to the Sunday Amateur leagues in England if he wasn’t in charge.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 09:54 AM
These guys are hecky’s signings. 100% his. There’s not a chance in hell we would’ve signed a RB from a team who got relegated to the Sunday Amateur leagues in England if he wasn’t in charge.

You seen the game yesterday? Most of the goals came from mistakes and just general crap play from guys who are supposed to be our senior players and were not his signings

Last Minute
12-08-2019, 10:07 AM

:top marks Spot on but some hibs fans still think its ok cos rangers are a good side and others will get beat by the same :rolleyes:

hibeerealist
12-08-2019, 10:13 AM

:agree: Spot on

Hibs90
12-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Watching the goals yesterday Marciano certainly could have done better with the 1st and 4th and possibly even the 5th.

FilipinoHibs
12-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Well said :top marks

I think we can all do a degree of negativity, we're Hibs fans after all. It's the overly negative views from experts who write off players after only a few minutes on the pitch that I struggle to understand. However, with hindsight, maybe they are better judges of players than I am.

I have had my doubts that Hecky was going down the same route as Fenlon in buying players he knew or was aware of whilst he managed clubs in an environment that was quite a bit different from the SPFL. Fenlon brought in a number of players who were nearly men, but generally not good enough to compete in Scotland. And I fear that Hecky has done the same with us.

I agree with your comment about our previous two managers being the high-water mark in how we viewed The Rangers and other leading Scottish clubs. You always felt confident when a Stubbs or a Lennon team played The Rangers and the other leading Scottish clubs. Now, I fear these games.

I wonder what Lewis Stevenson is thinking right now. He's seen it all before and he must be thinking that the good days from the last three years are now about to become a distant memory.

Stubbs and Lennon both played for Celtic. They knew what it took to beat them plus had an insight into their mentality.

hibbie02
12-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Watching the goals yesterday Marciano certainly could have done better with the 1st and 4th and possibly even the 5th.

I think Marciano is the least of our worries...

Hibs90
12-08-2019, 12:22 PM
I think Marciano is the least of our worries...

Totally agree, just something I noticed.

Coco Bryce
12-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Your username must be the best Oxymoron I've ever seen EVER!

Hermit Crab
12-08-2019, 04:56 PM

The first goal was a good save and Defoe runs in unchallenged while Hanlon and co do their best impression of a statue with their arm in the air claiming offside.

4th and 5th were low and hard shots but he was left hopelessly exposed by the lack of defenders.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2019, 05:01 PM
The first goal was a good save and Defoe runs in unchallenged while Hanlon and co do their best impression of a statue with their arm in the air claiming offside.

4th and 5th were low and hard shots but he was left hopelessly exposed by the lack of defenders.

It looked odd at the time, and having seen it back now, I think Marciano is to blame for the first goal. I don’t know what he was doing or where he was positionally, but he dived to save it despite it being nowhere near the corner. Unquestionably to blame for the fourth.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 05:03 PM

The 1st should have been cleared out wide though, not back into the path of the players, he had a good game though and was probably our best player which is crazy considering we got a doing

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Older player has bad game = past it

Hibs.net classic right there.

I guess its maybe too logical to suggest the player is just having a bad patch of form or a bad game or doesn't suit our set-up.

If people think our defence is struggling purely because of the 4 guys playing in it they are desperately far off the mark. Defending is a team sport.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2019, 05:17 PM
aye very good, Rocky saved us from equalling/.surpassing our heaviest ever League defeat... 10-0 in 1898 v the original ra ngers

Hermit Crab
12-08-2019, 05:22 PM
It looked odd at the time, and having seen it back now, I think Marciano is to blame for the first goal. I don’t know what he was doing or where he was positionally, but he dived to save it despite it being nowhere near the corner. Unquestionably to blame for the fourth.

The 1st, he never seen it until late. Defoe unchallenged though.

The 2nd, whitty gets done with a meg by Jones and WTF are Halon McGregor doinggoing for the same ball forcing Mackie to try and cover.??

The 3rd is a good cross taking Rocky out the game.

The 4th is Velas fault but Hanlon sells himself and gets humiliated with a meg, Rocky is poor at his near post though.

The 5th Morellos is surely offside?? Nothing the keeper can do.

The 6th is one of those goals when its not your day.

basehibby
12-08-2019, 06:06 PM
The thread title says it all - getting beat by ANYONE 6-1 IS pathetic and the fact it was one of our oldest most bitter rivals just makes it all the more painful. Yes Rangers are a good side right now but there is simply no excuse for this kind of humping.

A few have leapt to the manager's defence stating that many of the goals came from errors from our senior players - but the truth is that we were drubbed as a TEAM - Hecky's team. The tactics - as they were last season against the OF - were all wrong. Sitting back and inviting them onto you is inviting a thrashing and that's exactly what we did and what we got.

The signings (barring Allan who was signed before Heck arrived) have been mediocre. Which is to say NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We needed players signed who would be certain starters - who would RAISE the bar rather than let it drop. That has not happened on current evidence and I worry about the season ahead. I sincerely hope that Heck was playing manager's mind games when he stated that our transfer business was over - we desperately need an injection of quality.

Captain Trips
12-08-2019, 06:23 PM
The thread title says it all - getting beat by ANYONE 6-1 IS pathetic and the fact it was one of our oldest most bitter rivals just makes it all the more painful. Yes Rangers are a good side right now but there is simply no excuse for this kind of humping.

A few have leapt to the manager's defence stating that many of the goals came from errors from our senior players - but the truth is that we were drubbed as a TEAM - Hecky's team. The tactics - as they were last season against the OF - were all wrong. Sitting back and inviting them onto you is inviting a thrashing and that's exactly what we did and what we got.

The signings (barring Allan who was signed before Heck arrived) have been mediocre. Which is to say NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We needed players signed who would be certain starters - who would RAISE the bar rather than let it drop. That has not happened on current evidence and I worry about the season ahead. I sincerely hope that Heck was playing manager's mind games when he stated that our transfer business was over - we desperately need an injection of quality.

I would agree with most of that except "oldest most bitter rivals' they haven't been going that long as a club to be in the oldest category 😊