PDA

View Full Version : Perspective needed please

leithsansiro
11-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.

we are hibs
11-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Sorry but getting shafted 5-1 from rangers is an embarrassment and they should hang their heads in shame after that

SteveHFC
11-08-2019, 03:50 PM
6-1

Get Hecky to ****.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Can we put it into perspective continuing from our ore-season and stuttering against St Mirren last week? Humiliation territory today. If it wasn’t for Rocky you’re looking at 8 or 9.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Before everyone implodes with todays result, hopefully can maybe be a bit sensible and realize the sheer differences in finances between the two clubs. As much as it pains me, Rangers have now reached that near level of old in which going through to play the Glasgow teams is essentially a free hit. It may be hard for some folk to accept that but thats reality. We had a lot of fun with Rangers over the past few years, but there were definitely a few circumstances around that which allowed us to have a fairly decent record against them. They have been in a huge transitional period both on and off the field the past few years and teams like us have been able to capitalize on that and caught them cold a few times.

Aberdeen more so have been able to pounce of this fact and have had their fun finishing 2nd.

This, as much as it's hard to say, is a different Rangers animal this year. They've had a very good transfer window and added to the already settled squad of last season. I've managed to catch a few of their European games and they've been grudgingly impressive. I fear for a result like today to be honest, but it doesn't get me all up and arms but look at the differences especially this year, in finances.

They signed a defender 'Filip Helander' for 4.5 Million, we can't come close to matching that! Never mind how much the likes of Ojo, Aribo etc will be on.

They'll push Celtic all the way, and at the least they'll very very comfortably finish 2nd. Our season won't be defined on trips to Ibrox and park Head

A bit of perspective is definitely needed.

Spike Mandela
11-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Sorry, Very poor from Hibs today. None of Heckingbottom's signings showing up well today.

Huge improvement required.

Springbank
Get Newell on the fxxxing transfer list

Slap doidge on the fxxxing transfer list

Get shankland
Get mcgeough

That's my perspective and itll be 100% more successful than PHs approach

loanheadhibby
[QUOTE=we are hibs;5881187]Sorry but getting shafted 5-1 from rangers is an embarrassment and they should hang their heads in shame after that[/QUOTE

Agreed. We were poor last week as well.

Springbank
Get Newell on the fxxxing transfer list

Slap doidge on the fxxxing transfer list

Get shankland
Get mcgeough

That's my perspective and itll be 100% more successful than PHs approach

ArmadaleHibs
It also does nothing for confidence going forward. We’ve went back years overnight

judas
11-08-2019, 03:54 PM
I agree. But 6-1 is not an acceptable outcome mate.

Even at 4-1, I would have accepted your comment but with slight concerns about our club.

My fear from that start has been that Heck’s signings have not improved the squad.

Northernhibee
11-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Before everyone implodes with todays result, hopefully can maybe be a bit sensible and realize the sheer differences in finances between the two clubs. As much as it pains me, Rangers have now reached that near level of old in which going through to play the Glasgow teams is essentially a free hit. It may be hard for some folk to accept that but thats reality. We had a lot of fun with Rangers over the past few years, but there were definitely a few circumstances around that which allowed us to have a fairly decent record against them. They have been in a huge transitional period both on and off the field the past few years and teams like us have been able to capitalize on that and caught them cold a few times.

Aberdeen more so have been able to pounce of this fact and have had their fun finishing 2nd.

This, as much as it's hard to say, is a different Rangers animal this year. They've had a very good transfer window and added to the already settled squad of last season. I've managed to catch a few of their European games and they've been grudgingly impressive. I fear for a result like today to be honest, but it doesn't get me all up and arms but look at the differences especially this year, in finances.

They signed a defender 'Filip Helander' for 4.5 Million, we can't come close to matching that! Never mind how much the likes of Ojo, Aribo etc will be on.

They'll push Celtic all the way, and at the least they'll very very comfortably finish 2nd. Our season won't be defined on trips to Ibrox and park Head

Yep, all true but we were also terrible today.

Sean Mackie should be scrubbing the toilets at ER until his contract runs out for that.

ScottB
11-08-2019, 03:56 PM
They had the same finances when we were going to Ibrox expecting to fight for the win. Yeah, they have more money to spend. Shipping 5 goals still isn't acceptable.

calumhibee1
11-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Dreadful stuff today.

Mackie being sent off killed us.

They will turn a few teams over by that kind of margin at Ibrox this year to be fair.

DH1875
11-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league. Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.Nonsense. 6-1 is nothing short of embarrassing. Simply not good enough.

The 90+2
11-08-2019, 03:57 PM
What’s the financial difference between us and Stirling Albion who get pumped every single week?

Saint Hibee
11-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Fenlon-esque. Negative and dull.

IncredibleHibee
11-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Hate to say I told you so but bringing in dross from the English lower leagues on mass does not work. I said before a ball was even kicked at the start of the season we would finish bottom 6 and the 2 performances so far have not changed my mind of that

mcfly
Yes maybe the transfer budget is larger but the signs so far are that ours has been wasted on rubbish journeyman.

Newell so far is a waste of a jersey and Doidge what can I say.
Vela anonymous,

The signs are not good and money must be spent on quality not this rubbish that has been signed up on 3 or 4 yr deals

Performances like today will not be tolerated. His tactics v the old form must change - admiring them pass the ball about will not be tolerated by the fans

Today was embarrassing and manager is to blame

euro Hibby
The next few days will be hell on the board. Perspective you say, well first St Mirren look to have beaten Aberdeen. Perspective ; yes budgets are different but not 6-1 please.
Yesterday, many spent a lot of time laughing at Hearts but today I am sure many are laughing at us ! That was a s difficult a watch for a long time. I would not right off yet the new boys
and really , like manny said before the drubbing was on the walls. Head down for 5 days now ........remember we are all Hibbies and it hurts the same for us all.

Septimus
The financial difference has been there for many many years and we have managed to compete reasonably well with it. The plain fact is that recruiting from the lower reaches of English football,while it might occasionally turn up a worthwhile player, is certainly not going to result in a team which genuinely challenges in the upper reaches of the Scottish game.

vercol36
Be sensible?! Perspective?!?!

Are we ****ing Jambos now?! That’s an unacceptable result.

The_Horde
11-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Perspective?

We competed with rangers on our return to the Premier League from the championship.

They have improved significantly, you cannot argue with that. But it's now our 3rd season back and the least we, as fans, can ask for is that during that time we improve as a side too.

But we haven't, we've gone backwards.

We had an ambitious manager and brave players and now we've got a manager who talks about us punching above our weight. As if we shouldn't have high standards. And players who look like they're here on holiday and have no idea what we stand for.

Sorry but the board have appointed a yes man. This is our Cathro moment.

HH81
Very poor result. No Hibs team should lose 6 goals to anyone. Ever.

Greencore
STF - "We will only sell to someone who can take Hibernian FC to the next level. "

*Sells Hibernian FC to Ronald Gordon*

Ron Gordon - "We are happy with the current budget"

Next level???????????

Ronster117
11-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Nonsense. 6-1 is nothing short of embarrassing. Simply not good enough.

I'm disappointed the same as everyone, the red card killed the game

Brightside
11-08-2019, 04:02 PM
both full backs are only playing due to injury - both arent good enough versus top 6 teams.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Worst defeat against rankgers that i can remember... none of these players fill me with confidence.....heckingarse has taken us backwards

thebausburst
11-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Championship sides like Dundee United have made better signings (Shankland) than Hecky, can anyone say they are excited by ANY of his signings. This is Fenlon all over again.

Northernhibee
11-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I'm disappointed the same as everyone, the red card killed the game

Mackie shouldn't play again for us. Responsible for five of the goals today (losing his man for the second, the rest came from him having us a man down after being sent off).

Heisenberg
It’s an extremely poor result. I think I was looking for perspective when it went 3-1, but to lose another 3 goals after that is shocking.

New players not showing up well today. Old players playing like they are old. There better be some much better signings coming in after that today.

thebausburst
Look on the bright side we still have to play Celtic 😬😳

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2019, 04:05 PM
No perspective required unfortunately. That is just completely unacceptable and thought the days of us getting turned over like that in Glasgow were long gone.

Worrying times and the pressure is seriously on both the Board and manager now....new recruits are needed before the end of the month or we are in for a long hard season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
Mackie looks like he's regressing rather than progressing.

One Day Soon
I said at the end of last season and at the start of this one that the jury was still out on PH. Getting horsed 6-1 like this is unacceptable, even with ten men.

I’m not seeing a strong well balanced squad. I’m not seeing outstanding or even persuasive signings. I’m not seeing exciting attacking football. I’m not seeing an effective, fit, high pressing team. I’m not seeing wins ground out with dull football to make us top six or European contenders.

He needs to start delivering some combination of the above very, very quickly or it’s lower mid table anonymity for us.

Not remotely good enough.

Scorrie
From my perspective, we should never lose 6 goals to anyone . We look painfully slow with no obvious game plan. The new signings look bang average to say the least - and that’s generous. Long season ahead so deep breath...

Northernhibee
11-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Mackie looks like he's regressing rather than progressing.

League two level. Can't defend, stupid handball.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2019, 04:06 PM
My perspective is I spent money and time getting there today and saw us pitch up beat before a ball was kicked.

Warning signs have been there for weeks. This team simply isn't good enough. Hibs teams with bigger financial deficits than this have put up a better fight at Ibrox, even before the sending off. Heckingbotttom won't see Christmas.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:07 PM
The thing is, all our work throughout the years is getting undone by selling our best players and replacing them with..... Not so good players?

We have been down the road before, it took us three years to get out of the championship, I hope to god we are not going down it again.

Fifehibby74

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

How do we compare with Stirling Albion in terms of resources?

blackpoolhibs
Here is some perspective for you, mull this over in your minds, we apparently PAID £350k for that huddy up front, yes £350K. :faf:

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Here is some perspective for you, mull this over in your minds, we apparently PAID £350k for that huddy up front, yes £350K. :faf:

Another James Collins 🤔

11-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Here’s some perspective. Going to that loathsome hole of a stadium full of **** and getting skelped 6-1. A disgrace. Game was lost 15 minutes in. Simply indefensible.

Squirrel 1875
Perspective will get us relegated. This is the worst hibs team since that last happened and my god do we need to get it sorted.

These new signings will be gone shortly after Heckingbottom leaves. Disaster written all over it.

RIP
Losing 2-1 with eleven men until 55 minutes, 4-0 with ten men for the last 35. Perspective- trying my best but it’s a struggle

Jones28

Nah, **** that, not after a pumping like that.

Liam89
11-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Wow. I've seen so many hibs fans saying 'Hecky must go NOW!!!' in the last hour. What a weird bunch of fans, it's been two league games and the old firm sides look very good this year and I bet will finish well above the 3rd place team. Rangers in particular have obviously spent a lot of money to stop 10 in a row and have consistency from last season.

Get a grip of yourselves, stop the knee jerk reaction ffs.

One Day Soon
My perspective is I spent money and time getting there today and saw us pitch up beat before a ball was kicked.

Warning signs have been there for weeks. This team simply isn't good enough. Hibs teams with bigger financial deficits than this have put up a better fight at Ibrox, even before the sending off. Heckingbotttom won't see Christmas.

Beat before a ball was kicked is about right. Gone by Christmas won’t be though - either because he’ll pull things round or because the Board won’t move on him. Too much capital invested in him following the Lennon episode for them to act as swiftly again.

Franck Stanton
So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, hard as it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push sellik in all the way for title

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:14 PM
So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, he'd a it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push Well in all the way for ti.tle
Hibernian FC should never lose 6-1 to any Scottish Premiership side.

Since452
11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
6-1

Get Hecky to ****.

Get a grip

Franck Stanton
11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Hibernian FC should never lose 6-1 to any Scottish Premiership side.

Agree,& if we had 11 players n the pitch for 90 min we wouldn't have today

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 04:16 PM
So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, hard as it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push sellik in all the way for title

I was never expecting us to beat the hun of today but I do expect us to put up a bloody good fight.

Glory Lurker
I said at the end of last season and at the start of this one that the jury was still out on PH. Getting horsed 6-1 like this is unacceptable, even with ten men.

I’m not seeing a strong well balanced squad. I’m not seeing outstanding or even persuasive signings. I’m not seeing exciting attacking football. I’m not seeing an effective, fit, high pressing team. I’m not seeing wins ground out with dull football to make us top six or European contenders.

He needs to start delivering some combination of the above very, very quickly or it’s lower mid table anonymity for us.

Not remotely good enough.

When you're not seeing positives about the team, it's a really bad state of affairs!

I don't like to moan on the board, but today has realised all the niggling fears since the split last season. I can't face another season of substandard performances so hoping this will prove to be a watershed.

WestStandWillie
Perspective? It was eye bleeding. No cohesion whitsoever.

Just the usual patter, “Financially blah blah blah” - we were better than them last season and they were financially better off. Regressed under PH and his Netflix star. Fans who went should be refunded and money off next away game.

Sammy7nil
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM

So we can look forward to similar shaftings each time we play the OF on the upside we will pump Livvy Hamilton and St Mirren - Oh wait a minute :rolleyes:

Swedish hibee
11-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Hibs net on meltdown. I'm very disappointed tonight, but once we got the man sent off- we never stood a chance. We all know it.

Malthibby
11-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Not going to happen.
All you have done is given another thread over to those that need to hammer Hibs.
Supporters will still support.

I love Hibs & I'll be there on Saturday but that was a craven capitulation & we are entitled to be angry & upset. Mackie was an idiot but that doesn't excuse losing 6 goals. They're not Barcelona, we were shockingly bad.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Hibs net on meltdown. I'm very disappointed tonight, but once we got the man sent off- we never stood a chance. We all know it.

Sorry, but 6-1 score line doesn't justify that scoreline. Even with a man down

MrRobot
11-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Agree,& if we had 11 players n the pitch for 90 min we wouldn't have today

We could have easily been 6 down before he got sent off tbh mate.

Today is one of the worst performances I’ve seen in recent times.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Everyone pointing out that we competed before why not now, are stupidly ignoring all the circumstances of major unrest behind the scenes that they had from fans, managers, less money etc. Gerrard has settled and united them unfortunately and the run they had in Europe last year saw them get an additional financial boost.

Pointing out that 'we managed to compete before why not now' is so narrow minded.

Davy Mac
11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Need to win our home games this season or we will be back in the doodoo. I don't think these new signings will travel well. Need a couple of marque signings fast, game changers. On another point, bringing Allan and Horgan off? Even if it was tactical, they were our game changers today, strange.

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Sorry, but 6-1 score line doesn't justify that scoreline. Even with a man down

Yip it should have been a lot more

TheHarpy76

Sorry but there’s no way a 6-1 defeat should ever be glossed over.
That was 6 going on 16.

thebausburst
Let’s start with 11 players next week and leave Newell out 👍

matty_f
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Perspective makes me think of the money that’s gone into the team and the shambles of a performance there.

What was the game plan? Where was the fight.

More worrying - where was the quality?

That was a Hibs performance that lacked in every single department.

California-Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:25 PM
I still agree that major questions need asked over the scoreline and how badly we folded at 10 men, but the defeat in general is in no way shape or form a surprise or anything to get up in arms about. The performance is.

WestStandMoaner
11-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Mackie shouldn't play again for us. Responsible for five of the goals today (losing his man for the second, the rest came from him having us a man down after being sent off).

I was not at the game but 6-1 is not acceptable , Sean Mackie will know tonight he let us down, the lads 20 and I'm sure he will be hurting and he will learn from this but to say he should not play for us again is complete nonsense
I'm more worried about the new recruits than Sean Mackie

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM

Performances pre-season and LC were very poor and uninspiring. Last week St. Mirren could have easily got a draw. New signings haven't added quality and when we resort to playing an ageing Whittaker and a poor youngster in the full back areas you know the opposition are going to have a field day when they play with width and pace. Happy to accept a defeat where we have put in 100%, but we are dreadful to watch and have regressed under Heckingbottom. He needs to up his game and the club need to get the budget re-considered and four new players signed who have pace, grit and creativity.

The Rangers are a very good side, but when you look at our bench it's a clear sign we are desperately short of quality. Other good sides in this league will take plenty goals off us - midfield is the weakest I've seen at Hibs in the last 6 years.

jeffers
11-08-2019, 04:28 PM
I'm starting to long for the days of signing multiple players on loan, that way if they are pish you can send them back. We are stuck with the duds Heckingbottom has brought in.

I thought the Huns were good today, but their strengths were everything our weaknesses are - pace, dig and drive. We had none of that, and if we are genuinely done in the transfer market we'll struggle to finish to top six.

Sammy7nil
11-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Have you seen that stats we had no chance with 11 men.

Hibernia&Alba
It's hard to be objective after a performance and result like that. I like to be an optimist with the team, but that was very deflating. In a day or two it will be possible to reflect more calmly, but right now I'm raging; that was embarrassing.

tonyrougier123
I was not at the game but 6-1 is not acceptable , Sean Mackie will know tonight he let us down, the lads 20 and I'm sure he will be hurting and he will learn from this but to say he should not play for us again is complete nonsense
I'm more worried about the new recruits than Sean Mackie

Mackie was silly,but he doesn't carry the can for that display no way!!

Albanian Hibs
**** perspective. We should never get beat 6-1

Heisenberg
Yip it should have been a lot more

That’s been the same story in our last four or so games against the huns. Today they took their chances and we helped them by getting a man sent off.

Definitely worrying that we folded so badly today after they scored their third. Our defence is old and slow. Vela and Mallan are so passive and don’t take control of the game. Allan is our only proper quality player.

Bobo
11-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Hibs shouldn't be losing 6 goals to anyone at any stage of the season in this league.

Our player purchases have been pathetic, only Scott Allan is class and that's because
Heckinbottom never signed him.

Our standard of fitness and lack of pace is evident so when coupled with playing a **** formation with one up front, no dig in midfield, very little creation or threat in the final third and a soft aging and apologetic back four; results like todays will become more common place!

No perspective is needed, we are woeful and going backwards rapidly compared to other teams in our league who have far smaller budgets than ours to work with. There can be no excuses.

Heckingbottom needs to turn things round very quickly or he'll find himself standing next to Harry Potter in the dole queue.

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Get a grip

Really?? Were you there?? ****ing embarrassing

Allant1981
11-08-2019, 04:33 PM
That’s been the same story in our last four or so games against the huns. Today they took their chances and we helped them by getting a man sent off.

Definitely worrying that we folded so badly today after they scored their third. Our defence is old and slow. Vela and Mallan are so passive and don’t take control of the game. Allan is our only proper quality player.

I've been a big supporter of the manager and his new signings but today was just horrible, doidge got no service but good players make things for themselves and he was no where, newell was non existent, but then again our senior players were hopeless also so that didnt help. Time to move on and hopefully learn from this

Bobby's Cinema
11-08-2019, 04:34 PM
I turned off at 3 and it could have been 6 at that stage. Never even competed.

The manager needs to learn very quickly. Will stick with the team, a win next week and would have just about taken 6 points from 9 before ball was kicked.

- Trying to be positive!

B.H.F.C
11-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Whether you earn 8 hundred or 8 thousand a week, it doesn’t affect your ability to run. A number of players didn’t want to do that today. Disgusting performance.

Hibees1973
11-08-2019, 04:35 PM
A few of us on here saw this coming today, apart from those with blind faith.

Mentioned a couple of times that Heckingbottom was naive going with too many new signings at Ibrox. His hands were tied a bit with injuries but we we exposed today. Why start Gray and Kamberi on the bench.

What was he on about mentioning Hibs would/could win the title within 10 years. Only reason this will happen is if the uglies go south and play in the English Premiership.

I really do not understand people here being blindly positive. Fact is we have regressed big time and I have serious doubts about our signings from the English lower league. None of the new guys have convinced me so far. Sad if these new signings are better than what be produce through our academy. If they are what the hell is going on at the academy, Hibs must be ploughing millions into this but not much is coming through.

Today was our biggest humping for a while. Cannot see us winning anything this season as we would have to beat the huns or tims through in a Glasgow and this ain’t going to happen with what we have.

Our bench mark will be Aberdeen, Hearts and probably Motherwell this season.

Sorry to say that chasing second and reaching 60 points under Lennon are now gone.

Lago
11-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Perspective makes me think of the money that’s gone into the team and the shambles of a performance there.

What was the game plan? Where was the fight.

More worrying - where was the quality?

That was a Hibs performance that lacked in every single department.
Frankly Hibs looked beat from the off, as timid a performance as I've seen in many a year, do you think Lennon would have stood there arms folded doing the the square root of sweet f.a.

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:39 PM
A few of us on here saw this coming today, apart from those with blind faith.

Mentioned a couple of times that Heckingbottom was naive going with too many new signings at Ibrox. His hands were tied a bit with injuries but we we exposed today. Why start Gray and Kamberi on the bench.

What was he on about mentioning Hibs would/could win the title within 10 years. Only reason this will happen is if the uglies go south and play in the English Premiership.

I really do not understand people here being blindly positive. Fact is we have regressed big time and I have serious doubts about our signings from the English lower league. None of the new guys have convinced me so far. Sad if these new signings are better than what be produce through our academy. If they are what the hell is going on at the academy, Hibs must be ploughing millions into this but not much is coming through.

Today was our biggest humping for a while. Cannot see us winning anything this season as we would have to beat the huns or tims through in a Glasgow and this ain’t going to happen with what we have.

Our bench mark will be Aberdeen, Hearts and probably Motherwell this season.

Sorry to say that chasing second and reaching 60 points under Lennon are now gone.

Rangers or Celtic will finish 2nd well ahead of the rest

Both Celtic and Rangers are miles ahead of everyone else

Callum_62
11-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Frankly Hibs looked beat from the off, as timid a performance as I've seen in many a year, do you think Lennon would have stood there arms folded doing the the square root of sweet f.a.

I seen Lennon sit in the dugout doing nothing as we went something like 1 win in 14

leithsansiro
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM

This. Exactly where I was coming from. Yes I expect Hibs to put up a fight at ibrox but I also have a tinge of realism. We won’t win just because we hope it’ll happen and a bit of fight will see us through. Simply, Rangers and Celtic can afford MUCH better players, by a huuuuuge margin.

leithsansiro
11-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Whether you earn 8 hundred or 8 thousand a week, it doesn’t affect your ability to run. A number of players didn’t want to do that today. Disgusting performance.

It does, I assure you of that. The issue is players who can run AND do something with the ball, otherwise every club would just be full of boys who can run a marathon

BoyledEgg
11-08-2019, 04:49 PM
both full backs are only playing due to injury - both arent good enough versus top 6 teams.

Correct. Whittaker is the worst right back in the league. And Mackie is our third choice left back.

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 04:55 PM
At 2-1, with 11 men, we were still in the game. The Huns should've been about 5 up at that point, but they weren't and we'd had a pretty positive start to the 2nd half. Mackie's sending off just about finished our chance of a point but, even then, if we could've kept it at 2-1 until the closing stages we might just have fluked something - you never know in fitba.

Gray had to come on (maybe not for Horgan, but that's another argument). However- taking off Allan for Kamberi was surely crazy.

My biggest worry is Hecky's signings. Newell looks alarmingly out his depth. Likewise Doidge, and I know it was a hard shift today for him but he just didn't contribute anything. Vela too. Jackson was the one new player who looks suited to a backs-to-the wall job at Ibrox, and he didn't play.

Perspective is always required. But a 6-1 defeat that flattered us is hard to put a positive slant on.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Rocky saved us from possibly double figures today. Ram your perspective. We are gash!

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 04:56 PM

Plenty of perspective Rangers is a team we should be taking on with a vigour and purpose and on front foot.

When their team is full of 20-30m players then aye but it isn't its full of players that are good but should not be feared. We shat it today.

Thegreenside
11-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Correct. Whittaker is the worst right back in the league. And Mackie is our third choice left back.

Agreed Whittaker isn’t the answer but he was far far far away from being our worst player

neil7908
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Far too early to call for the managers head but extremely concerning. Some bit games coming up and we need to show a vast improvement.

The worry is I'm not sure if Heck knows how to fix it.

Greencore
11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Agreed Whittaker isn’t the answer but he was far far far away from being our worst player

2nd goal was completely his fault.

Smartie
11-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Am I the only one that's not all that impressed with Rangers?

How much have they spent and how much have they improved? They've lost Kent and Candeias, I thought they were their 2 best players. The players they have introduced were playing at a similar level to our signings (and our current players) last year, they're not bringing in Gascoigne, Laudrup or Negri. They look fit, energetic and prepared for games but tbh that is the very least that any team should be.

They desperately want to reintroduce the fear factor they once had and you're all buying into it.

Everything about the way we approached that game was wrong and it isn't perspective that's required. It's the riot act that's needed and anyone at Hibs that wants to go back to meekly accepting 6-1 defeats against anyone needs chased out of the club immediately.

neil7908
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM

It's simple really, his legs are gone. How many 35 year old fullbacks are there in professional football?

He'll be fine in games where he's not getting run at constantly but any pacey winger will have a field day against him.

Mallan for me has been hopeless this season. Slivka needs to come in next week. Doidge and Kamberi to start.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 05:01 PM

How much have they spent and how much have they improved? They've lost Kent and Candeias, I thought they were their 2 best players. The players they have introduced were playing at a similar level to our signings (and our current players) last year, they're not bringing in Gascoigne, Laudrup or Negri. They look fit, energetic and prepared for games but tbh that is the very least that any team should be.

They desperately want to reintroduce the fear factor they once had and you're all buying into it.

Everything about the way we approached that game was wrong and it isn't perspective that's required. It's the riot act that's needed and anyone at Hibs that wants to go back to meekly accepting 6-1 defeats against anyone needs chased out of the club immediately.

This. This wouldn't have happened under Lennon.

Real Emerald
11-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Far too early to call for the managers head but extremely concerning. Some bit games coming up and we need to show a vast improvement.

The worry is I'm not sure if Heck knows how to fix it.

The manager hasn’t got a clue about Scottish football.

greenpaper55
The recent Games against Rangers at ER we could have ended up on with a similar score, this has been coming for a long time and we got away with a few draws against them when a hammering would have been a fair result. Having said that you see teams going down to ten men and forming two banks of four and managing to contain teams, sadly we seem unable to do this.

Captain Trips

Spot on, they are beatable but that was like the still had Laudrup, Gazza, Hately etc. Micheal Spinks vs Mike Tyson comes to mind.

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 05:05 PM
The recent Games against Rangers at ER we could have ended up on with a similar score, this has been coming for a long time and we got away with a few draws against them when a hammering would have been a fair result. Having said that you see teams going down to ten men and forming two banks of four and managing to contain teams, sadly we seem unable to do this.

Indeed so PH should have remembered this and dealt with it accordingly by giving Sevco stuff to think about not just have shot after shot come in.

tonyrougier123
11-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Agree with this.

jeffers
11-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Remains to be seen what happens if a team attacks them (and obviously the games against Celtic) and I feel dirty for saying this but I thought they were good today. Jones was excellent and their midfield solid.

BoyledEgg
11-08-2019, 05:08 PM
This. This wouldn't have happened under Lennon.

Wouldn’t have beat Hearts or St Johnstone away under Lennon either. Rangers are a far better team than they were last season and the season before that. We are more or less the same. Heckingbottom got us out the terrible mess Lennon got us into and will kick on.

11-08-2019, 05:14 PM
We're on 3 points, just where I expected us to be after the 1st 2 games. We were unlucky not to score a couple more against St Mirren who are not as bad as I expected, as evidenced by their win today v Aberdeen.

I'm expecting a reaction from the team in the Morton game.

GreenLake
11-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Losing 6-1 to a new club without a trophy is still embarrassing, even with 10 men and Beaton as ref. Everyone should go through a severe self examination and put things right next game.

I am still glad they failed to beat us in the Scottish Cup Final.

SingaporeHibs
11-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Totally agree mate. We were all over the place from the start. Their first goal summed it up, our entire back 4 stopped and watched the follow up run and goal, barely any movement from any of them.

Smartie
11-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Remains to be seen what happens if a team attacks them (and obviously the games against Celtic) and I feel dirty for saying this but I thought they were good today. Jones was excellent and their midfield solid.

Yes, they were good.

They didn't need to be great but there is too much focus on the disparity of resources and making out that they are some sort of invincible footballing machine. They were very lucky to get away from Killie (who have been very ropey this season) with 3 points last week and were very poor for much of the second half. Around the time of the sending off today we were still in a game with them, as poor as we had been.

They have strengths, they also have weaknesses and I don't buy into the narrative that they are some sort of invincible footballing machine. They were miles behind an underperforming Celtic side in transition last season, our results against them weren't that bad and I'm not convinced they've improved drastically.

A good side who deserved their comprehensive win, we shouldn't be overlooking our deficiencies and role in that dreadful result with talk of "perspective".

Fanforlife
11-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Club,s had a decent few seasons,especially in a Hibs related theme,have always been a club who apart from the odd superb runs ,have flattered to deceive,I.m.o Miss Dempster has run her course,wearing 2 hats in take over scenario,silence deafining on that,looking like her choice of main man for once is the wrong one,and although Lennon was probably as culpable in fall out,she definitely had a big part to play in it.Like others I was taken in by the momentum built up with the wheel,since start of season there is a reality setting in that it's far more than a puncture.Guy to me is out his depth,so time to act I think.As for New owner and due diligence having been taken,that's even more scary.

HFC 0-7
11-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Differences in budgets aside, team selection and how they set up was strange. The gulf in budget shouldn’t mean our performances should be that bad - or accepted. We haven’t looked convincing thus far in our games, I don’t see the intensity and pressing game that Heckingbottom said he wants from us. Our new signings don’t look to have improved us apart from Allan and there must be concerns over our ageing players. Today’s set up, to me, looked like Heckingbottom didn’t have the confidence to set up to press rangers, we looked defeated early on.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2019, 05:28 PM
It does, I assure you of that. The issue is players who can run AND do something with the ball, otherwise every club would just be full of boys who can run a marathon

Watch the fourth goal back. Doidge showed no desire to chase Steven Davis. None whatsoever. Nothing to do with ability, just guts, desire and a bit of pride. Really bad to watch.

Johnny Clash
11-08-2019, 05:31 PM
I think the perspective shows we need to invest in our team and increase our budget for players to compete for 3rd place.

We need better quality on the pitch now - and if that means other infrastructure projects are delayed then so be it.

Our board should realise what’s needed and I’m hoping our fans reps will take a lead and make the strongest of cases. It’s too early to decide about latest signings. They may very well turn out to be gems ? but we need proven gems now - the same calibre of Scotty Allan.

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Pretty much sums it up for me. 70 quid for me and the laddie today , soaked before and after the game and the whole setup from Heckingbottom all wrong. Too lightweight in the middle of the park , no tempo in our play , sitting off and allowing the opposition the time and space to build attack after attack. That was an utter disgrace today and an embarrassment to every Hibernian supporter who had the misfortune of forking out to watch that. This manager could drive supporters away with his constant negativity , not just on the field but also in his interviews.

Nicho87
11-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Hecky would have sold himself to dempster and Petrie. Yeah I’m all
about high pressing etc. Not seen one ounce of it last season or this.

sack him now and don’t draw this out hibs. Rotten players bar Allan this window. Doesn’t get hibs.

hecky out.

CMac1988
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Fans turn up year on year with us seeing our highest average attendances in decades. More money pumped in to the club than ever before yet we replace our best players with mediocre ones. We've got a few good players over the last couple of years but ultimately we haven't recruited as well as we did in the Championship. Our best player is our keeper followed closely by a player we had lined up since January and is well known to the fans and club. None of the new guys seem like long term replacements for others and that's worrying.

Today was poor and embarrassing. I think they're a better side than last year and have a more balanced sqaud so kudos to Gerrard but that doesn't mean we should be seeing them with 30+ shots at goal. We move on but we need to pick up another player or two before the window closes.

On to the next game.

SideBurns
11-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Watch the fourth goal back. Doidge showed no desire to chase Steven Davis. None whatsoever. Nothing to do with ability, just guts, desire and a bit of pride. Really bad to watch.

And, for the same goal, Vela - Morelos hands him off but he's still goalside and on his feet before the shot goes in but makes no attempt to stop it.

Another new signing who, so far, just doesn't look good enough.

Crab apple
11-08-2019, 06:02 PM

That's a really good post Smartie, although it would be churlish to suggest that the huns aren't an improvement on last year. We shouldn't be getting beat by anyone in this league 6-1 now. I saw us get beat in the mid 90's 7-0 at Ibrox but they had spent millions on players like Gascoigne etc as you say. And that result was towards the end of Miller's reign as he had begun to lose the dressing room by then.

superfurryhibby
11-08-2019, 06:04 PM
I think the perspective shows we need to invest in our team and increase our budget for players to compete for 3rd place.

We need better quality on the pitch now - and if that means other infrastructure projects are delayed then so be it.

Our board should realise what’s needed and I’m hoping our fans reps will take a lead and make the strongest of cases. It’s too early to decide about latest signings. They may very well turn out to be gems ? but we need proven gems now - the same calibre of Scotty Allan.

Agree with much of this. I’ve no idea what we’ve spent, but the opinion seems to be that we’ve been paying transfer fees, big signing on fees and wages.

A lot of fans have had reservations about the quality of player coming in, myself included. Today makes people feel like they’re justified in their concerns.

If it’s really true that we have been spending big on what’s been on display then I would say were in ****.

My impressions all along have been that this is an uninspiring, low budget window.

Infrastructure can GTF for the time being. We’ve had that for many years with the building of the East Stand and East Mains. We need investment on the field as a priority.

One thing I know with certainty is a poor season will see season tickets drop substantially and all the good will accumulated over the past four years will evaporate.

A Hi-Bee
11-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Perspective, well try this one if your aunty had baws, would that make her your uncle!
A piss poor team is just that a piss poor team.

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:08 PM

His signings have been that bad that he doesn't warrant another penny.

swordin3
11-08-2019, 06:38 PM

I thought to myself before the game that Rangers unfortunately are not the soft touch of the last few years and have bought quality attacking players well out of our budget. Therefore I feared we may well get a 3-0 doing but not quite 6-1.Poor result The manager will only get away with this once. We have to be cleverer with what we have squad wise.

hibbyfraelibby
11-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Can we put it into perspective continuing from our ore-season and stuttering against St Mirren last week? Humiliation territory today. If it wasn’t for Rocky you’re looking at 8 or 9.

Think our performance last week against St.Midden has been put into perspective after their result against Aberdeen who are our realistic competitors for a high league finish..

jacomo
11-08-2019, 07:01 PM
I thought to myself before the game that Rangers unfortunately are not the soft touch of the last few years and have bought quality attacking players well out of our budget. Therefore I feared we may well get a 3-0 doing but not quite 6-1.Poor result The manager will only get away with this once. We have to be cleverer with what we have squad wise.

Fair comment.

Hecky owns this, and he needs to prove it’s a one off.

At 3-1 it was game over and disappointing but one of those days... falling to pieces in the final few minutes really isn’t acceptable.

Mixu62
12-08-2019, 01:52 AM
Either Hecky or the next guy have to make the tough and unpopular decision to break up that ageing defence. Looking at the highlights, it's frightening how much space their forwards had in our box. I get the feeling everyone knows it has to be done, but nobody wants to be the bad guy that actually does it.

And yes, they have heaps more money than we do, but did we not all rip the p**s out of Houston for saying that about us and Falkirk? I don't recall us ever putting 6 past them. Apart from Allan's through ball to Horgan for our goal, did we ever pass the ball forwards with intent? If you're playing a guy with Horgans pace, play through balls in behind their defence, or drop it over the top in behind them. Doesn't look like we did that.

H18 SFR
12-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Morton H
St Johnstone H
Motherwell A
Kilmarnock A

You couldn't get four better fixtures to get the wheels back on the Hecky bus. Lower league at home in the cup, St johnstone at home, Motherwell away is tricky but more than winnable and same goes for Killie as they're horrendous just now.

Time for calm just now...after those four fixtures if it's a disaster, fair enough.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Morton H
St Johnstone H
Motherwell A
Kilmarnock A

You couldn't get four better fixtures to get the wheels back on the Hecky bus. Lower league at home in the cup, St johnstone at home, Motherwell away is tricky but more than winnable and same goes for Killie as they're horrendous just now.

Time for calm just now...after those four fixtures if it's a disaster, fair enough.

Yes, we must see a huge improvement in the forthcoming fixtures; yesterday must be proved an aberration which will never be repeated. Hecky must step up now.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Either Hecky or the next guy have to make the tough and unpopular decision to break up that ageing defence. Looking at the highlights, it's frightening how much space their forwards had in our box. I get the feeling everyone knows it has to be done, but nobody wants to be the bad guy that actually does it.

Agree with this. I’m not convinced that Heckingbottom was thrilled about the 4 year deals McGregor and Gray got though. Given their ages, it makes more sense for McGregor as he might well only be playing for a year before he moves on to other things with the club, but Gray is only 31 so he’s not going to be ready for that for a few years.

SideBurns
12-08-2019, 08:48 AM

And yes, they have heaps more money than we do, but did we not all rip the p**s out of Houston for saying that about us and Falkirk? I don't recall us ever putting 6 past them. Apart from Allan's through ball to Horgan for our goal, did we ever pass the ball forwards with intent? If you're playing a guy with Horgans pace, play through balls in behind their defence, or drop it over the top in behind them. Doesn't look like we did that.

I said on another thread that while it is near impossible to make a case for either McGregor or Hanlon when they've been part of a defence which has lost 6 goals, I doubt they've ever been so exposed as they were yesterday. They consistently had midfielders running at them as none of the players in front of them were capable of putting in a tackle.

Every team has to start defending from the front.

Real Emerald
12-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Hecky is like an infected leg, if you don’t get rid of the infection you’ll lose your leg. The longer he’s here the more damage he’ll do. Seen it all before, he is clueless.

SquashedFrogg
12-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Hecky is like an infected leg, if you don’t get rid of the infection you’ll lose your leg. The longer he’s here the more damage he’ll do. Seen it all before, he is clueless.

Infected leg 😂

God only knows what our previous manager was in the end.

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 09:05 AM

He has lost 1 game, get a grip. Yes it was horrendous yesterday but let's not get carried away

sean04
12-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Here's a bit of perspective. I was expecting to get a stinking from the hearts boys at work today but 1 of them reckons there result was worse than ours. Not expected to pick up points in Glasgow but they were expecting to blow ross county away. Said they could've lost 3/4 nil

Made me feel a bit better

Fogzie
12-08-2019, 09:22 AM

Get a grip man. That is really going to encourage young players coming through. Scared to make any mistakes or the fans will want you binned. FFS

Northernhibee
12-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Infected leg 😂

God only knows what our previous manager was in the end.

Yep, it's one awful result in amongst a lot of very good results. Yesterday is an alarm bell for me but some of the posts on here are utterly ludicrous.

Going down to ten men cost us that game. Against a team with players who move the ball around so quickly if you go down to ten you're chasing shadows and as soon as they tired us they tore us limb from limb. At 2-1 we stood a chance, Mackie cost us.

Tactics weren't right but we ended up with a RB at LB who isn't going to cope with the pace of the Rangers team and a player who hasn't played for weeks and hasn't had a pre-season at RB. Vela wasn't up to the job and we need another DM badly to provide cover for defense as I think we thought we had Ojo in the bag.

I don't know about Newell. He's nowhere near as bad as people on here make out but he's not exactly POTY material.

ancient hibee
12-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Being an old codger I've experienced a few hammerings in Glasgow by both the ugly sisters.It feels like the end of the world but it isn't.What I do think is there is no way that would have happened in the last two seasons and I never thought we were ever in any danger when we played them.There may be different reasons for this but one in my opinion is that the players knew that Lennon would not forgive any of them that did not give 100% in these matches.
The St Mirren match is the only one I've seen so far.As expected against any team Jim Goodwin is involved with it was tough going(even though we could have scored four).It was clear to me that without a proper defensive midfielder we will struggle against good teams so I was pretty sure we would get nothing at Ibrox.When you've only seen 90 minutes you're reluctant to pass an opinion on new players but my immediate thought was that none of those from the English leagues are an improvement on what is already here and that the lack of pace,either athletically or mentally,was very noticeable even in comparison to their opposite numbers in the St.Mirren team.
I'm pretty sure that when the last financial year accounts are published they will reveal that at the end of last season we were in a strong financial position.It seems, without talking about mega cost signings, we have missed a huge opportunity to bring better players to the club.I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I cannot see what the new crop bring.If we continue with poor results/performances and with obvious weak areas in the team I'm sure that the AGM will bring accusations of money being wasted on poor recruitment and then we'll see what Mr.Gordon is made of.

Northernhibee
12-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Get a grip man. That is really going to encourage young players coming through. Scared to make any mistakes or the fans will want you binned. FFS

He was an utter, utter liability yesterday. Losing his man, could have been sent off twice and left us liable to be worn down and broken down by their movement which we were. It wasn't even a sending off from a bad refereeing decision or something that benefited us (stopping a goal scoring opportunity etc) - a totally needless handball when he knew he was on thin ice. I don't see him being anywhere near the level required for us, Callum Crane was a far more promising LB.

Greenio
12-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Aye. It stings losing 6 goals and we didn't play well at all for the majority of the game however.

Sending off was a big influence
Rangers are a good team and played very well on the day
I've seen enough from the opening game to know we can play and score goals

Calling for the managers head is classic knee jerk reaction

The season, as with all seasons, will be full of ups and downs. We'll play well, well play poor. We'll win, lose and draw games.

I hate losing like that, but no point not being realistic about it.

If there is a time for the manager to go mid season then fair enough. That has to happen. But it should be based on results...not one result

Jim44
12-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Club,s had a decent few seasons,especially in a Hibs related theme,have always been a club who apart from the odd superb runs ,have flattered to deceive,I.m.o Miss Dempster has run her course,wearing 2 hats in take over scenario,silence deafining on that,looking like her choice of main man for once is the wrong one,and although Lennon was probably as culpable in fall out,she definitely had a big part to play in it.Like others I was taken in by the momentum built up with the wheel,since start of season there is a reality setting in that it's far more than a puncture.Guy to me is out his depth,so time to act I think.As for New owner and due diligence having been taken,that's even more scary.

Interesting bit on Off the Ball yesterday. Cowan brought up the theme of who the greatest loss to your club had been. He said that in Motherwell’s case it was undoubtedly Leeann Dempster. He thought she would end up at an EPL club one day and possibly much sooner than you might think. :hmmm:It came as an out of the blue, throwaway comment but made my ears prick up.
Back on topic, we can talk till we’re blue in the face about what went wrong and who should be axed, but nothing’s going to happen in the immediate future. Less than eight or nine points will really set alarm bells ringing.