PDA

View Full Version : Big Doidge

Captain Trips
10-08-2019, 05:11 PM
On yersell big man and do the Hibs a turn.

MSK
10-08-2019, 05:11 PM
On yersell big man and do the Hibs a turn.Second this 🇳🇬👍🇳🇬

Heisenberg
10-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Would give him a chance from the start tomorrow.

percy veer
10-08-2019, 05:17 PM
worth playing him for the assists he produces https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANQAAAAAAOLeAPn0AL /v8DAwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQBMgAfACwAAAAADwAPAAAFROAnikBZjuhXDoPgnijAuvQ7ynU uAGRb0r dqrUDAI0vnCAQoDGPumgw6gwic8YAL2vqMnkqF3P81N6i39T0C 06puqkQACH5BAEyAB8ALAMABAAHAAkAAAUW4CcIX/kBJVoGq m cCyOYwrcaqDrIQAh/ntUaGlzIGFuaW1hdGVkIEdJRiBmaWxlIHdhcyBjb25zdHJ1Y3R lZCB1c2luZyBVbGVhZCBHSUYgQW5pbWF0b3IsIHZpc2l0IHVzI GF0IGh0dHA6Ly93d3cudWxlYWQuY29tIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0IG1 vcmUuAVVTU1BDTVQAOw==

Captain Trips
10-08-2019, 05:19 PM
When he assists us in beating the Jambos he can be a Jammy Doidger

The Harp Awakes
10-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Aye, hate aw this negative p1sh. Need to give the new players a chance to bed in.

Mon the Hibees:not worth

Golden Bear
10-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Pace and power, ok he missed a couple of sitters last week but he'll be a good 'un for us in the long term.

BILLYHIBS
10-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Stick him on from the start to soften them up and nick a goal and then bring Flo on to play up front beside him to run onto the brilliant through balls and flicks from Scotty and Doidgy once they tire :greengrin

Turnbullsmate
10-08-2019, 05:25 PM

I really think this guy will cut the mustard. Worst thing we can do is get on his back (or anyones for that matter). Maybe he was over eager v St Midden which led to him messing up the chances he had.

Him and Flo could give the Hun a torrid time if Hecky decides to go for the Hun jugular. They don't like it up 'em.

Hit them hard and early and get the vile neanderthals who follow follow them on their back...job done, easy peasy.

i love being an optimist

we are hibs
10-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I like him. I think there have been flickerings of a partnership between him and flo from what i have seen. For a big guy he done well last week to set up the goal and weighted the pass perfectly

Captain Trips
10-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Never made game last week so does he have good pace?

BILLYHIBS
10-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Never made game last week so does he have good pace?

Not overly quick not a Gordon Durie more an old fashioned type hard working centre forward tall well built good in the air has the happy knack of adopting good goal scoring positions and bringing others into play

The goals will come

Lancs Harp
10-08-2019, 08:00 PM
He could have had a hatrick last week in a pretty short period of time. Two of them were absolute sitters, hopefully for him just an bad day. On the plus side he had to be in the right place to miss the sitters, so fingers crossed for him. Good luck big man.

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2019, 08:21 PM
We need to start with the two up front tomorrow

Unfortunately can't see us going for it

Lancs Harp
10-08-2019, 08:26 PM

I'd be mega shocked to see Hecky start at Ibrox with two up front. He'll be super cautious as he always has been to date against the OF.

We'll need to be compact and tight at the back and in midfield. Our key to winning the game is breaking quickly and making the most of set pieces.

Rangers are vastly improved its a real test for us tomorrow.

jacomo
10-08-2019, 08:29 PM
When he assists us in beating the Jambos he can be a Jammy Doidger

When he slips The Hun defence tomorrow he’ll be a soap Doidger Doidger

MWHIBBIES
10-08-2019, 08:39 PM

We'll get slaughtered if we go 442.

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2019, 08:41 PM

When was the last time we beat them without going out out to attack? I get they've improved but the best way to beat the old firm is to take the game to them

MWHIBBIES
10-08-2019, 08:44 PM
When was the last time we beat them without going out out to attack? I get they've improved but the best way to beat the old firm is to take the game to them

We had a significantly better midfield then. If Hibs go 442 tomorrow we get pumped in midfield.

You can play 1 Striker and attack. The best teams in the world for years now have only played 1 Striker.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2019, 08:45 PM

Absolutely, need to pack the midfield and stifle them.

10-08-2019, 09:03 PM
I think that as another poster may have said on another thread, he’s getting into the right positions, he just needs to tuck a couple away to get the confidence up.

I think he’ll be good. 15-20 goals.

Iggy Pope
10-08-2019, 09:04 PM
I think that as another poster may have said on another thread, he’s getting into the right positions, he just needs to tuck a couple away to get the confidence up.

I think he’ll be good. 15-20 goals.

Hope so but thats maybe a stretch....

jacomo
10-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Hope so but thats maybe a stretch....

He just needs to adjust to Scottish fitba and all will be well. Have faith.

The way we sign players nowadays is a world away from the old scattergun approach. We will have done our homework on him.

Iggy Pope
10-08-2019, 09:19 PM
He just needs to adjust to Scottish fitba and all will be well. Have faith.

The way we sign players nowadays is a world away from the old scattergun approach. We will have done our homework on him.

No lack of faith in this old bag of bones here.

SunshineOnLeith
10-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Pace and power, ok he missed a couple of sitters last week but he'll be a good 'un for us in the long term.

Pace 😂

DH1875
10-08-2019, 10:03 PM
No harm to the guy and I hope he comes good but no chance he should be starting ahead of Flo tomorrow.

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 10:19 PM
He won't start. 4-5-1 with Kamberi up front. Might be used as a sub with 20 minutes to go if we are down at that point.

monktonharp
10-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Hope so but thats maybe a stretch....think you are being generous to be fair. from first impressions he wont make 9. he was shocking last week. 2 of the misses of the season and it's early. time will tell

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 05:22 AM
Pace 😂

:agree:

Sometimes I do not know what some folk see when they go to Easter Road :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
11-08-2019, 05:33 AM
:agree:

Sometimes I do not know what some folk see when they go to Easter Road :greengrin

I think it's the drugs🤪

theonlywayisup
11-08-2019, 05:39 PM

That worked out well then!

Coco Bryce
11-08-2019, 05:47 PM
He's murder. What a complete waste of money.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Should really never start over Kamberi. I honestly think Shaw is better and have for a few weeks now.

jeffers
11-08-2019, 05:50 PM
I posted yesterday that I haven't been impressed with him but I'm still a bit surprised at how hard a time he's getting today. He wasn't great, but what actual service did he get today ?

Squirrel 1875
11-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Should really never start over Kamberi. I honestly think Shaw is better and have for a few weeks now.

On today's evidence you may be right, and I don't rate Shaw at all.

Del Boy
11-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Not been impressed so far....but it’s only 2 games.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Don't rate him at all so far although not as bad as Newell.

I reckon Doidge will struggle to get into double figures in terms of goals.

Having said that I don't think it's particularly fair to judge him on today's game.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Done **** all the whole game. Purely to blame for the 3rd goal as well, he just let the rangers player run past him without a challenge, pass went out wide and crossed for Defoe to complete his hat trick. Completely out his depth in the SPFL

Aim Here
11-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Who?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Not been impressed so far....but it’s only 2 games.

He was pish in the LC and friendlies as well, his penalty at Arbroath is amongst the worst I've seen

Scorrie
11-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Doidge may be poor but at least he appears to at least try. Newell looks a complete fraud

DH1875
11-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Wasn't at the game so no idea how he played but should never be starting ahead of Flo IMO.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Valdas Trakys 2.0

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Valdas Trakys 2.0

:worried:that's given me the fear.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Doige is absolute dog *****....waste of money and newell is a complete joke

Aim Here
11-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Wasn't at the game so no idea how he played but should never be starting ahead of Flo IMO.

Don't worry about it. I was at the game, and I have no recollection of how he played either.

Robbo6-2
11-08-2019, 06:47 PM
350k for someone that has zero ability and no pace.

Fantastic bit of buisness from our manager and recruitment team.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Doige is absolute dog *****....waste of money and newell is a complete joke

Looks totally disinterested and up here for a holiday and an easy pay cheque each month. He's dreadful.

Nicho87
11-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Bring back Simon murray

Captain Trips
11-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Meanwhile at the other end of the pitch 6 goals are flying in.

Del Boy
11-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Know it’s been done to death but Shankland should have been signed, not necessarily instead of Doidge but as an extra striker option

Leith Green
11-08-2019, 06:51 PM
I think its harsh to slate doidge today , he was basically left to run about up front on his own today as the midfield was a complete joke. I actually cant believe the way we setup or the personnel deployed today. Disgraceful from our manager.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Bring back Simon murray

I would not be averse to that - played like every minute counted.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 06:52 PM
350k for someone that has zero ability and no pace.

Fantastic bit of buisness from our manager and recruitment team.

Same agent as Heckingbottom..

I’ll also add Tom James and Glenn Middleton to that.

heid the baw
11-08-2019, 06:56 PM
£350k for this guy looks like a really poor bit of business. Is he really any better than recent average hibs strikers like Simon Murray, Malonga or Keatings.

Hibs90
11-08-2019, 06:58 PM
I don't think he was at fault today but he is nowhere near the standard we should have.

On another note, Joe Newell is horrendous, poor mans Liam Craig.

CloudSquall
11-08-2019, 07:00 PM
What's Dagnall up to these days?

Robbo6-2
11-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Same agent as Heckingbottom..

I’ll also add Tom James and Glenn Middleton to that.

Aye but the recruitment team had beem watching him for months 🙄

Hibeesmad
11-08-2019, 07:03 PM
What's Dagnall up to these days?

Roy O’Donovan banged in 20 goals in 39 games for Newcastle Jets, just joined Brisbane Roar 😂

Aim Here
11-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I think its harsh to slate doidge today , he was basically left to run about up front on his own today as the midfield was a complete joke. I actually cant believe the way we setup or the personnel deployed today. Disgraceful from our manager.

When Flo was put on, he did far more in his first sixty seconds, chasing down, pressing and harassing Rangers players than Doidge did in the entire 90 minutes.

And the difference is that when he was on the pitch, Scotty Allan wasn't around to feed the ball upstream.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:08 PM
When Flo was put on, he did far more in his first sixty seconds, chasing down, pressing and harassing Rangers players than Doidge did in the entire 90 minutes.

And the difference is that when he was on the pitch, Scotty Allan wasn't around to feed the ball upstream.

Very true, Flo actually tried when he came on. Doidge done hee haw, in fact I don't think he won a header the whole game.

steakbake
11-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Very true, Flo actually tried when he came on. Doidge done hee haw, in fact I don't think he won a header the whole game.

To use a phrase not much used on here, both him and Newell look overwhelmed. I bet they thought they’d stroll it in our league.

truehibernian
11-08-2019, 07:25 PM

He was at fault first goal by not even closing down the free kick he conceded - pedestrian in the extreme and was busy remonstrating. The pace of up here is catching them all out and they have to learn very quickly that you need to close down - all the players, not just the new signings. I've seen better junior players.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2019, 07:27 PM
To use a phrase not much used on here, both him and Newell look overwhelmed. I bet they thought they’d stroll it in our league.

Apart from not being very good they both shat it today in front of the big crowd, plain and simple. Stage fright.

The_Horde
11-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Flo was terrible when he came on too. You have to have a functioning team from back to front for your strikers to flourish or they'll just be outnumbered and that's exactly what both of them were.

I'll be judging Doidge when (if) we begin to dominate games and create opportunities for him. Sadly I don't think we've a good enough squad to do that.

wookie70
11-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Not been impressed with Doidge so far but I won't read too much into his performance today at least in terms of hold up. He was outnumbered by the Rangers defenders who all looked fitter and stronger than he did. I've no idea what many on the board see in terms of his effort. He rarely gets above a jog and puts next to no pressure on defenders. Like Newall I don't understand how they are meant to fit into a team that supposedly plays a high press. Neither has any mobility particularly when we don't have the ball. Looks like someone to through on in the last 10 minutes if we need to shell it. We really missed Flo buzzing about harassing defenders today.

Onion
11-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Apart from not being very good they both shat it today in front of the big crowd, plain and simple. Stage fright.

But.. apparently these are the games that players from the English leagues come to Scotland for ?

Today sounds like a horror show especially for the new boys and Hecky, who all appear to be out of their depth. Hecky has no excuse having come up against Sevco and Celtic before, and still approaches these games like a frightened wee lamb to the slaughter.

hibee-boys
11-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Flo was terrible when he came on too. You have to have a functioning team from back to front for your strikers to flourish or they'll just be outnumbered and that's exactly what both of them were.

I'll be judging Doidge when (if) we begin to dominate games and create opportunities for him. Sadly I don't think we've a good enough squad to do that.

Like last week when he was presented with 3 great chances and couldn't finish one!🙈

delbert
12-08-2019, 03:49 AM
Doidge may be poor but at least he appears to at least try. Newell looks a complete fraud

James Collins with a beard !

DetroitHibs
12-08-2019, 04:23 AM
James Collins with a beard !

This squad reminds me so much of the James Collins and the Pat Fenlon era.

NC1875
12-08-2019, 06:14 AM
Rowan Vine mk2.

sean04
12-08-2019, 06:30 AM
I'm going to reserve judgement until after the next 3/4 games. Want to see him and flo together with Allan and Horgan. This 1 up top is useless. Horribly exposed and outnumbered

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2019, 06:53 AM
I'm going to reserve judgement until after the next 3/4 games. Want to see him and flo together with Allan and Horgan. This 1 up top is useless. Horribly exposed and outnumbered

I keep reading this and dont understand it, most play with one up front, and its up to the midfielders and wide men to then support and get beyond him which turns into a 3 up front or 2 at times.

We played yesterday with a 5 in midfield which should help the defence and when on the ball, should help the forward. :faf:

Our midfield dont press, dont tackle and Allan apart, dont create, here is the problem as they let the opposition go past them as if they are not there, and offer hee haw going forward.

Mallan playing out of position far too deep, a defence that are getting on and nowhere near at the peak of their games, with no help from those in front of them has only one result against good players.

This lot are as poor as we've seen since the Butcher years.

greenpaper55
12-08-2019, 07:00 AM
I doubt he will be any worse than the other English players with many Scottish clubs, sometimes you unearth a good one such as Moult who was with Motherwell, give the man a chance please.

The_Horde
12-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Like last week when he was presented with 3 great chances and couldn't finish one!🙈

You'll not find me disagreeing. Those were shockers and in exactly the kind of games he should be excelling in.

Judging him on that is far fairer than judging him on his performance in a game that we basically never left our own half in and if that's the norm he'll be back in England before the season's out.

Saint Hibee
12-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Bring back Simon murray

I was never quite sure why we got rid of Simon Murray. Maybe not absolute first choice striker, but always put himself about and got some important goals. Is he still in South Africa?

Mango Man
12-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Obviously we have to give him a bit more time, as the SPFL is a hard league to get used too, but as soon as he missed that penalty on his debut in a pre season game, I had a feeling things were not gonna go smoothly for this dude, then the misses last week and then nowhere to be seen yesterday, doesn't bode well.

We need another 2 strikers for sure.

HibsGW
12-08-2019, 12:51 PM

This post just gave me a horrible feeling inside haha, worried that you might be right

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Obviously we have to give him a bit more time, as the SPFL is a hard league to get used too, but as soon as he missed that penalty on his debut in a pre season game, I had a feeling things were not gonna go smoothly for this dude, then the misses last week and then nowhere to be seen yesterday, doesn't bode well.

We need another 2 strikers for sure.
What are we going to do with 5 strikers when our manager prefers 1 up top?

Mango Man
12-08-2019, 02:39 PM
What are we going to do with 5 strikers when our manager prefers 1 up top?

I'm sure he won't do 1 up top all the time, we have seen him play 2 up top before.

Shaw, I don't think is good enough, so would put him out on loan.

Doidge, will probably take a while for him to get up to speed, if he does.

So Kamberi and 2 others would be good I think, particularly if we get injuries.

bigswissstriker
12-08-2019, 02:45 PM
It was an abomination Flo never started yesterday. Never done anything wrong last week. Hecky trying his best to alienate fan favourites. Taking Allan off at that juncture of the game was naive to say the least. 2 strikers when your getting absolutely pumped left right and centre. Cmon eh, who was supposed to get the ball up top?

Newell and doidge look horrendous from my view and will take a wee while to get them out the door. I just hope they can actually start putting in performances, or at least try

Hibby Bairn
12-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Rowan Vine mk2.

😳

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 04:30 PM
I quite like doidge but yesterday was never a game for him to be up front himself, he isnt quick enough for that role, especially up against reasonably quick players, if he is sticking with 1 up front it has to be kamberi out of our current squad, I'd like to see another striker come in though who is used to playing that role but it's not looking likely

jeffers
12-08-2019, 04:33 PM
I quite like doidge but yesterday was never a game for him to be up front himself, he isnt quick enough for that role, especially up against reasonably quick players, if he is sticking with 1 up front it has to be kamberi out of our current squad, I'd like to see another striker come in though who is used to playing that role but it's not looking likely

If his preference is one up front what is the logic in signing a striker who isn’t suited to the role ?

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 04:35 PM
If his preference is one up front what is the logic in signing a striker who isn’t suited to the role ?

No idea, doidge may well have played that role down south but for me he isnt quick enough to do it, he needs to play in a 2

jeffers
12-08-2019, 04:42 PM
No idea, doidge may well have played that role down south but for me he isnt quick enough to do it, he needs to play in a 2

Sorry wasn’t disagreeing with you more questioning the recruitment. I agree with your summary of Doidge.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2019, 04:52 PM
It was an abomination Flo never started yesterday. Never done anything wrong last week. Hecky trying his best to alienate fan favourites. Taking Allan off at that juncture of the game was naive to say the least. 2 strikers when your getting absolutely pumped left right and centre. Cmon eh, who was supposed to get the ball up top?

Newell and doidge look horrendous from my view and will take a wee while to get them out the door. I just hope they can actually start putting in performances, or at least try

Scott Allan picked up a knock blocking a cross covering for our right back who was caught hopelessly out of position. Thats why he was taken off. He tried to run it off, then got treatment but had to be subbed. If you were at the game you would have seen that.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2019, 05:42 PM
he will be alright when mike newell comes on to his game

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2019, 06:34 PM

What is it you like about him?

Genuine question btw, I’m still on the fence with him

Allant1981
12-08-2019, 06:43 PM
What is it you like about him?

Genuine question btw, I’m still on the fence with him

He takes the ball in well. He seems to link up well when he has flo up top with him, he is not to bad in the air. Gets into good positions, just needs to compose himself when in those positions

Crab apple
12-08-2019, 08:19 PM

Good point. If this was the case I’d suggest he should have gone for Shankland rather than Doidge.

Stuart93
12-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Good point. If this was the case I’d suggest he should have gone for Shankland rather than Doidge.

100% should’ve went for shankland over doidge. Could’ve signed him on a free and offered him a decent wage with the 250-300k we spent on doidge

Captain Trips
13-08-2019, 06:29 PM
If this had been a full team of new signings Doidge would be further down my list of concerns. A few of our players have a history here that buys them crap performances the new guys don't.

That was disgraceful on Saturday from folk who should know a lot better.

Squirrel 1875
13-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Still can't get my head around the fact we have paid £300k for this guy.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Still can't get my head around the fact we have paid £300k for this guy.

Won't make you feel any better that we paid £350k. :shocked:

MacGruber
13-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Here is one that can be book marked - I think Doidge will come good and be a big player for us.

matty_f
13-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Whatever happened to giving folk a chance?

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Here is one that can be book marked - I think Doidge will come good and be a big player for us.
Yes have book marked. A player who failed in his 17 appearances at the third tier of English football. I think he has less ability than James Collins who has at least succeeded at the third tier of English football.He is a 4th tier English league player. It is not his fault but that of the management/recruitment team. How could they imagine a player so lacking in quality could play up on his own at Ibrox against an ever improving Rangers?

Rumble de Thump
13-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Yes have book marked. A player who failed in his 17 appearances at the third tier of English football. I think he has less ability than James Collins who has at least succeeded at the third tier of English football.He is a 4th tier English league player. It is not his fault but that of the management/recruitment team. How could they imagine a player so lacking in quality could play up on his own at Ibrox against an ever improving Rangers?

The English Championship is the second tier, isn't it? This might help you to understand what you're talking about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220499

FilipinoHibs
13-08-2019, 11:19 PM
The English Championship is the second tier, isn't it? This might help you to understand what you're talking about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220499

Thanks did not realise they had been promoted. One goal in championship indicates he is somewhere between n 3rd and 4th tier of English football. Probably the cheap option for Bolton given their financial position. But think would have been playing in struggling side with no real resources. So not really a fair benchmark.

Rumble de Thump
13-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Thanks did not realise they had been promoted. One goal in championship indicates he is somewhere between n 3rd and 4th tier of English football. Probably the cheap option for Bolton given their financial position. But think would have been playing in struggling side with no real resources. So not really a fair benchmark.

With the situation at Bolton, it really doesn't give any kind of indication.

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 11:36 PM

He will definitely do well against the bottom 6 teams
The jury is out on how he will get on against the other teams in the top 6.
Time as ever will tell.

CMurdoch
13-08-2019, 11:37 PM

Not buying that.
I would be very surprised if we paid over £275k.

jeffers
13-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Time as ever will tell.

Not sure what you are basing that on or how you can be so confident. He played against a team last week I'd expect to be bottom six, missed two sitters and hit a weak shot with his third chance.

lord bunberry
14-08-2019, 12:21 AM
Time as ever will tell.

Why will he do better against the bottom six teams? The goals are the same size no matter who you’re playing and a chance to score is a chance to score. I’m fed up of making excuses for strikers who can’t score. I’m not writing him off, but I’ve seen this performance being played out too many times

lyonhibs
14-08-2019, 05:12 AM

Yes, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Rocky, SDG, Horgan and Kamberi deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the cretins we had playing for us back then :confused:

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here, if this squad can get motoring and playing to its potential, we'll be fine.

flash
14-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Whatever happened to giving folk a chance?

What would be the point of that? If we did that we wouldn't be able to make 25 posts an hour saying exactly the same thing on numerous different threads.

Captain Trips
15-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Not one person on here can tell you without doubt and factually if Doidge as of today will be a good or bad player for us. Absolutley we can have conjecture that already he doesnt look good so based on that he wont do well or he looked ok so might do well. We have played a very small amount of games to know if he or the others will do well so its unfair to right him off but equally unfair to say will do well.

I get we have gut feelings on things and seeing a player only a couple of times can make our minds up. I thought the very moment I heard colin calderwood speak we were in trouble not based on anything other than gut feeling but i have had this before and the player has worked so i have just decided to actually rate them on how they play vs a good few teams before having a go at the player. Just my thoughts.

Diclonius
15-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm in no way convinced by the summer signings but I still think Doidge will be just fine for us. We all need to calm down a wee bit.

Unfortunately the pitchforks are out and Hibs players rarely recover when they've been marked. The only one I can think of was Lewis Stevenson and he had to win two ****ing cups to do it.

Col2
15-08-2019, 12:09 PM
He is *****. Zero pace and control as bad as Hertardo (remember him).

He will gone by January to someone like Halifax or S****horpe.

Just after the manger.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-08-2019, 12:50 PM
He is *****. Zero pace and control as bad as Hertardo (remember him).

He will gone by January to someone like Halifax or S****horpe.

Just after the manger.

Hurtado was a goal scoring legend except he was finished by the time we signed him

Onion
15-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Not one person on here can tell you without doubt and factually if Doidge as of today will be a good or bad player for us. Absolutley we can have conjecture that already he doesnt look good so based on that he wont do well or he looked ok so might do well. We have played a very small amount of games to know if he or the others will do well so its unfair to right him off but equally unfair to say will do well.

I get we have gut feelings on things and seeing a player only a couple of times can make our minds up. I thought the very moment I heard colin calderwood speak we were in trouble not based on anything other than gut feeling but i have had this before and the player has worked so i have just decided to actually rate them on how they play vs a good few teams before having a go at the player. Just my thoughts.

Exactly :thumbsup:. Just look at Kamberi, fantastic £2M striker when he came on loan. Now a complete dud who can't buy a goal :cb

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2019, 03:27 PM
First impressions aren't great, but it's very early. Hopefully he can improve when he's had chance to settle. We shouldn't be expecting every signing to hit the ground running; sometimes it takes a while. If he doesn't eventually add anything, he'll be moved on. The sad reality is that clubs on our budget can't afford players who guarantee quality; we have take a punt, which sometimes doesn't work out.

J-C
15-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Maybe we should stop buying players who look great in their YouTube compilations.

Heisenberg
15-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Sam Cosgrove was absolutely dreadful for Aberdeen goal wise. He didn’t score for absolutely ages then sparked into life. They stuck by him and didn’t disregard him after a few games. I’ll give Doidge the benefit of the doubt before he is written off as *****, a waste of money and James Collins mk 2.

green day
15-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Sam Cosgrove was absolutely dreadful for Aberdeen goal wise. He didn’t score for absolutely ages then sparked into life. They stuck by him and didn’t disregard him after a few games. I’ll give Doidge the benefit of the doubt before he is written off as *****, a waste of money and James Collins mk 2.

Indeed, he also missed quite a few "sitters" as well - even the utter Dons suck up Richard Gordon was laughing at him but McInnes stuck by him.

I recall that they laughed and called him a goal machine after he scored a couple in a week after weeks of nothing - but they were still writing him off as useless.

Now they are talking £3m for the guy.

Sometimes it takes time.

Diclonius
17-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Good goal today.

Coco Bryce
17-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Good calm finish. Hopefully he can kick on from here now.

overdrive
17-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.

Squirrel 1875
17-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.

Agree. Took the goal well though. Hope he turns out a player because we are going to need it if Kamberi leaves...

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.That's harsh he won nearly every aerial dual and held the ball up well. Today was grim but let's not make things worse the guy done ok when he came on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibIBZ
17-08-2019, 04:51 PM
I think he done ok and took his goal well. Kamberi needs a strike partner to be at his best and hecky needs to get a system where they can both play together

500miles
17-08-2019, 04:52 PM
Nice goal, generally lacking energy though.

SingaporeHibs
17-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Agree that he didn’t do much when he came on but took his goal well. You could see whet it meant to him, the relief of getting his goal. Hopefully gives him some confidence which is everything for a striker.
Flo looks back to his best, leaner and fitter than he looked all last season when he looked like the world was on his shoulders. He is going to have a good season.

RoslinInstHibby
17-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Opinions eh? Thought he won a fair bit in the air, took the goal well and looked alright

Green Badger
17-08-2019, 04:59 PM
I thought Doidge took his goal well and was generally ok. Kamberi played very well and deserved MoM, looks a different player from last season.

dmc1875
17-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Opinions eh? Thought he won a fair bit in the air, took the goal well and looked alright

He was lethargic slow and wasn’t interested half the time I thought he looked unfit or possibly carrying a knock.

Kamberi was more energetic than he was and he’d been running for 90 mins

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Possibly too sensible a post for some.

B.H.F.C
17-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Wouldn’t be giving Doidge any stick for today.

He got a good goal. Kamberi got two. Assists for both wingers and Murray. Goal and assist for Allan. Don’t think the front players are the issue.

DTS
17-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Thought he done okay when he came on, won most of his Ariel duels and took his goal very well which would round up to saying he done well striker scores goal in 30 min cameo works for me

overdrive
17-08-2019, 06:44 PM
That's harsh he won nearly every aerial dual and held the ball up well. Today was grim but let's not make things worse the guy done ok when he came on

He most definitely didn’t. James Collins would be a massive improvement on him.

Hibeesmad
17-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Took his goal well, fairplay to the boy

overdrive
17-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Was I watching a game in an alternate universe where he was winning all these areal duels?

Pretty Boy
17-08-2019, 06:53 PM
The finish was excellent. Other than that he was OK. That's about it. It's often how I feel about Doidge; he's just there.

Fergus52
17-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Did he not get the assist for kamberis second as well?

overdrive
17-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Funny. The audible groans around the ground when he “attempted” to get the ball would tend to support my point of view. He’s a complete huddy.

Golden Bear
17-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Made up nonsense. Won most of his headers ...

I'd agree with that. I still think he'll come good.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Funny. The audible groans around the ground when he “attempted” to get the ball would tend to support my point of view. He’s a complete huddy.Jeez, audible groans, you’ve convinced us now!

overdrive
17-08-2019, 07:36 PM
What an abysmal use of the English language. Is this board populated by youngsters smoking crack or something?

OK. Fair enough, I’ll rescind my Mensa membership.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 07:40 PM
He was lethargic slow and wasn’t interested half the time I thought he looked unfit or possibly carrying a knock.

That was my view too. He either looks unfit, injured or disinterested. Saying that he was only on for half an hour and scored so not a bad return. Maybe that is the goal he needed to get going. His start hasn't been promising but I'm not writing him off yet

Shrekko
17-08-2019, 07:45 PM
I honestly can’t believe that players are being written off after a few weeks.

It’s pathetic beyond words.

Barman Stanton
17-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Worst thing is the ones that have made there minds up already and can’t even find it in themselves to praise him when he has come on as sub and scored an important goal. He is a Hibs player ffs.

Shrekko
17-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Worst thing is the ones that have made there minds up already and can’t even find it in themselves to praise him when he has come on as sub and scored an important goal. He is a Hibs player ffs.

There are some fans wanting the manager to fail at the moment and they are by default wanting his signings to fail too. It’s disgusting.

There is reason for concern at performances - everyone can see it, but other fan bases would rally round and get behind the club. For some reason- we don’t.

So many examples of players who’ve had slow starts and come good but our boys won’t get the chance to.

SquashedFrogg
17-08-2019, 08:01 PM
There are some fans wanting the manager to fail at the moment and they are by default wanting his signings to fail too. It’s disgusting.

There is reason for concern at performances - everyone can see it, but other fan bases would rally round and get behind the club. For some reason- we don’t.

So many examples of players who’ve had slow starts and come good but our boys won’t get the chance to.

Disgusting is a word I agree with. Every supporter wants the best for their club. Every supporter has the right to question things. But this place has changed. Lot's of new names who have changed the tone.

bigwheel
17-08-2019, 08:06 PM

[emoji817] percent

Captain Trips
17-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Well done big man. That is all.

Wilson
17-08-2019, 10:14 PM

Does anyone actually want a manager or players to fail? I think the problem is they ARE failing and fans who have been asked to rally behind Fenlon and rally behind Butcher just don't have the patience to do it again.

Stubbs and then Lennon finally gave our club a bit of self respect back and we seem to have ripped that up and gone back to square one. Is that what Heck means about being a work in progress?

There are examples of players having slow starts but not all of them at once surely?

I get that we have times of transition but so do Aberdeen. So do hearts. With us though every transition leads to a monumental decline. It is as tedious as it is predictable.

I just don't see what the happy clippers see in this side. If there are positives - Kamberi Scott Allan - they weren't brought here by Heck. I fear we will waste too much time making excuses for mediocrity - as we always do - in the mistaken belief that that is helping the team.

wookie70
17-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Does anyone actually want a manager or players to fail? I think the problem is they ARE failing and fans who have been asked to rally behind Fenlon and rally behind Butcher just don't have the patience to do it again.

Stubbs and then Lennon finally gave our club a bit of self respect back and we seem to have ripped that up and gone back to square one. Is that what Heck means about being a work in progress?

There are examples of players having slow starts but not all of them at once surely?

I get that we have times of transition but so do Aberdeen. So do hearts. With us though every transition leads to a monumental decline. It is as tedious as it is predictable.

I just don't see what the happy clippers see in this side. If there are positives - Kamberi Scott Allan - they weren't brought here by Heck. I fear we will waste too much time making excuses for mediocrity - as we always do - in the mistaken belief that that is helping the team.

How are we failing. Quarters of cup, can't be be in a better position at this point. 3 points from 6 having been well beaten away from home by the second best or better team in the country. Managed to take a squad who looked destined to finish 8th and were completely devoid of confidence into a comfortable 5th place with a rare Derby win at Tiny. That doesn't sound like failure to me.

Smartie
17-08-2019, 10:35 PM
He's got a pretty decent "minutes on the pitch to calm as f##k finishes" ratio.

FilipinoHibs
17-08-2019, 10:45 PM
That's harsh he won nearly every aerial dual and held the ball up well. Today was grim but let's not make things worse the guy done ok when he came on

I have had my doubts about him but agree thought he did ok today - winning headers, holding ball off and nice lay offs. Took his goal well too with nice first touch and finish.

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Thought I would log on and see what the boys on dotnet are saying about the big man today as he broke his scoring duck..........................time for bed!

The 90+2
17-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Thought I would log on and see what the boys on dotnet are saying about the big man today as he broke his scoring duck..........................time for bed!

Where’s the grampa (grandfather also) Simpson gif when needed 😂😂😂

bigswissstriker
17-08-2019, 10:52 PM
😂😂😂 some laugh on here at times.

Iggy pope been on the Sherry I think

bawheid
17-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Ball head*

Marooncentre

Greencore
17-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Marooncentre

Heidbaw.

Iggy Pope
17-08-2019, 10:57 PM

It’s his second Billy. Alloa first. Get tae yer bed.

Greencore
17-08-2019, 11:17 PM
😊

Shrekko
17-08-2019, 11:54 PM

I believe they do is the answer to your opening question - as perverse as that is.

The manager and players just haven’t had long enough to warrant this knee jerk, ridiculous overreaction.

So if ‘supporters’ don’t rally round in the meantime what is the answer? Give every manager a few months until the armchair Guardiola’s decide they’re not good enough?

Fans are quick to label players gutless- our fickle toy throwing fans are about as gutless as you get. Your ‘happy clappers’ patter is about as lame as it gets as well.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 12:13 AM
Where’s the grampa (grandfather also) Simpson gif when needed 😂😂😂

Theres yer answer mate admins deleted everything

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 12:15 AM
It’s his second Billy. Alloa first. Get tae yer bed.

You still awake ?

Way passed your bedtime Iggy

Tomorrow is another day

Edit:

In fairness forgot about his wee flick over their keeper hope he is ok

Power
18-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Good finish today ✅

SMAXXA
18-08-2019, 01:30 AM

Aye broke his duck like your lad Washington

matty_f
18-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Good finish today ✅

:agree: took it well.

Edinburgh Green
18-08-2019, 01:43 AM
Won headers and took his goal exceptionally well. Good performance

eastcoasthibby
18-08-2019, 06:00 AM
I actually want and hope Doidge does the job for us cos we need it, he has attributes we need in being a target man and weighing in with goals, but I watched his mobility yesterday and if that's him fit then, he isn't what we need ..he is painfully slow, at one point Kamberi went down the left wing and Doidge started running towards the box Scott Allan started 4-5 yards behind him and passed him in about 15 yards .if that was him sprinting then he is slower than me, also I didn't see him try to work to shut down their defenders ...and he claimed that was a strength of his working hard and giving defenders a hard time !! He just doesn't look fit ...or willing to burst a gut ...on a positive his finish was a very well taken goal.

hibsquaker
18-08-2019, 06:29 AM
I actually want and hope Doidge does the job for us cos we need it, he has attributes we need in being a target man and weighing in with goals, but I watched his mobility yesterday and if that's him fit then, he isn't what we need ..he is painfully slow, at one point Kamberi went down the left wing and Doidge started running towards the box Scott Allan started 4-5 yards behind him and passed him in about 15 yards .if that was him sprinting then he is slower than me, also I didn't see him try to work to shut down their defenders ...and he claimed that was a strength of his working hard and giving defenders a hard time !! He just doesn't look fit ...or willing to burst a gut ...on a positive his finish was a very well taken goal.

Most of them didn't look fit to me. It's like they have just come back from their holidays.

Robbo6-2
18-08-2019, 06:30 AM

Agree, at one point in the 2nd period of extra time whilst jogging back for corner he looked absolutely knackered.

Really concerning how slow and unfit he looks.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Aye broke his duck like your lad Washington

Check my post count

Yeah I am a Jambo right enough!

LTYF

sean04
18-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Wasn't at the game but great goal. Good 1st touch and classy composed finished

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2019, 08:01 AM

Exactly what I said at the game, in fact I called him a lazy buzzard considering he was fresh legs compared to Kamberi.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2019, 08:42 AM
You still awake ?

Way passed your bedtime Iggy

Tomorrow is another day

Edit:

In fairness forgot about his wee flick over their keeper hope he is ok

So apart from all that other guff about sherry and bedtime we’ve agreed he has two then, right? In fairness.

Allant1981
18-08-2019, 08:49 AM
He took his goal well yesterday, I'd be amazed if he doesnt get double figures this season which is what all 3 of our strikers should be aiming for as a minimum

Phil MaGlass
18-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Disgusting is a word I agree with. Every supporter wants the best for their club. Every supporter has the right to question things. But this place has changed. Lot's of new names who have changed the tone.
Last sentence, noticed that aswell.

BILLYHIBS
18-08-2019, 08:55 AM
So apart from all that other guff about sherry and bedtime we’ve agreed he has two then, right? In fairness.
Never mentioned Sherry???

Please reread my posts none of which were deleted

Yes he is on two and counting

Onwards and upwards

flash
18-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Just watched the goals. You can see the relief from him at getting a goal. Let's cut him some slack now and hope its the start of a good run.
It's what you should do to support a new player isn't it?

bawheid
18-08-2019, 09:02 AM
Just watched the goals. You can see the relief from him at getting a goal. Let's cut him some slack now and hope its the start of a good run.

He looked delighted and relieved at the end too. Big embrace with the manager. Will be supporting him and hope he kicks on.

Phil MaGlass
18-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Dont think I have ever seen so many posts deleted, must be some sort of record on here 😂

Spike Mandela
18-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Looks like the big man Doidged a bullet yesterday.:greengrin

The_Horde
18-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Looks like the big man Doidged a bullet yesterday.:greengrin

Least he's not doidging goals anymore.

JimBHibees
18-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Totally agree good to see him scoring and hopefully one of many. Absolutely needs our support as do all our players.

lucky
18-08-2019, 09:22 AM
He finished well and won a few headers. He does seem to lack pace or a real presence. Maybe today’s small crowd was less intimidating for him. Hopefully he’ll get some confidence from the goal and start contributing a bit more.

Sammy7nil
18-08-2019, 09:47 AM
He finished well and won a few headers. He does seem to lack pace or a real presence. Maybe today’s small crowd was less intimidating for him. Hopefully he’ll get some confidence from the goal and start contributing a bit more.

I don't think he is but if he is intimidated by crowd we are in real trouble However he might be okay next season though :wink:

Seriously he took his goal very well.

Power
18-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Fantastic run, control and finish yesterday. Hope it gives him a boost.

Tarrahib
20-08-2019, 07:29 AM
As I was leaving the ground on Saturday I heard two fans discussing The players transfer fee and his contribution to the game. One turned to the other and said
How much was that Doidgee in the window?

SlickShoes
20-08-2019, 07:32 AM

Just making stuff up about him now, I don't think we have signed a player recently that people are so keen to see fail miserably and leave.

The more folk post stuff like him being afraid of crowds or some nonsense the more folk will believe it and keep repeating it, nothing good has or will come from this thread.

Since452
20-08-2019, 07:34 AM
Thought he took his goal brilliantly

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Thought he took his goal brilliantly

Pressure was on to put the tie to bed.

04Sauzee
20-08-2019, 07:37 AM
As I was leaving the ground on Saturday I heard two fans discussing The players transfer fee and his contribution to the game. One turned to the other and said
How much was that Doidgee in the window?

Doidgee's on a ******* goal trail
How much was that Doidgee in the window
I do hope Doidgee's not for sale

Sorry that's a shocker 😂

Tarrahib
20-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Sorry that's a shocker 😂
Magic.:thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
20-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Magic.:thumbsup:

Think he is rapidly becoming a cult figure at Hibs.

HoboHarry
20-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Sorry that's a shocker 😂
It's not as good as that lol.... :greengrin

Northernhibee
20-08-2019, 01:02 PM
I like him. Thought he looked clumsy as hell at first and he probably is, but he also reminds me (in a good way) of Colin Nish. Wins the ball, makes a good flick on or pass, will chip in with a few goals in the season but will help those around him score more. Some people will see him as absolutely humpty because he looks clumsy but actually offers the team a lot.

Smartie
20-08-2019, 01:10 PM
I like him. Thought he looked clumsy as hell at first and he probably is, but he also reminds me (in a good way) of Colin Nish. Wins the ball, makes a good flick on or pass, will chip in with a few goals in the season but will help those around him score more. Some people will see him as absolutely humpty because he looks clumsy but actually offers the team a lot.

I can't say I've been impressed by his all-round play and he actually looks like he's trying too hard to me.

On the other hand he's shown decent turn of pace and cracking composure for his 2 very well taken goals so far.

His body language doesn't look all that comfortable to me yet - hopefully he settles down soon and keeps the goals going in.

BILLYHIBS
20-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Hopefully going to be a big hero for us but then again Big Dave was a cult hero or was he just Slivkas mate just like Hurtado the Tank was for Ulysses De La Cruz?

hibbydad
20-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Would be good aspart of 2 upfront if only Heckinbottom had the brains to see it

Northernhibee
20-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Not needed.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2019, 01:27 PM

No manager with any brains is playing 2 strikers anymore unless its 352 and our record with that last season was horrendous.

hibbydad
20-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Well we don't have the right players to play 1 upfront. Most of the Hibs supporters I talk to want 2

Brightside
20-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Well we don't have the right players to play 1 upfront. Most of the Hibs supporters I talk to want 2

We play 3 UPFRONT!!!!

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2019, 01:38 PM

Why don't we have the players to play one? Also where does Scott Allan, our best player, play in a 2 striker formation that isn't 352?

Northernhibee
20-08-2019, 02:05 PM

There's a reason that 99% of them are supporters and not coaches.

ancient hibee
20-08-2019, 03:54 PM

Well if he "chips in with a few goals like Colin Nish" he'll do ok as Nish is one of the all time high goal scorers in the SPL.

Since452
21-08-2019, 09:04 AM

2 up front is piss easy to defend against thats why not many teams play it anymore. Better with 1 and 2 dropping into the holes making a 3. Keeps the defenders guessing.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Christian Doidge: I’m not as popular as fans favourites but I will win Hibs supporters over

Lets get behind the big man

He'll come good for us

GGTTH

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/christian-doidge-i-m-not-as-popular-as-fans-favourites-but-i-will-win-hibs-supporters-over-1-4987855?fbclid=IwAR2KuOnIRDAwhUWC9wsx9pAkJ3isMAc38 L3eth9ZcEFad1kcl3YVmKKHt9g

Heisenberg
21-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Christian Doidge: I’m not as popular as fans favourites but I will win Hibs supporters over

He'll come good for us

GGTTH

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/christian-doidge-i-m-not-as-popular-as-fans-favourites-but-i-will-win-hibs-supporters-over-1-4987855?fbclid=IwAR2KuOnIRDAwhUWC9wsx9pAkJ3isMAc38 L3eth9ZcEFad1kcl3YVmKKHt9g

Thought that was a decent interview. I’m desperate for him to succeed and clamp a few folk that have already written him in the process.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 09:14 AM

He'll come good for us

GGTTH

He was so happy when he scored on Saturday, was pleased for him

Power
21-08-2019, 09:37 AM
He was so happy when he scored on Saturday, was pleased for him

His reaction to Kamberi scoring the fourth on Sat and Allan against St.Mirren is fantastic too see ✅

Unseen work
21-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Took his goal brilliantly, superb touch and great awareness, composure and quality to execute the finish.

He wins a lot in the air and seems good at holding it up, hopefully he starts banging them in now he has his first.

Was great seeing his reaction to the 4th and 5th goal at the weekend, clearly means a lot.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 09:50 AM
His reaction to Kamberi scoring the fourth on Sat and Allan against St.Mirren is fantastic too see ✅

Saw that too, KP

Since452
22-08-2019, 10:28 AM
I like him. Taken a few game to adjust but even Stevie Wonder could see he's improving. I think he'll be a real handful for defenders this season.

gorgie greens
22-08-2019, 11:11 AM
I can't say I've been impressed by his all-round play and he actually looks like he's trying too hard to me.

On the other hand he's shown decent turn of pace and cracking composure for his 2 very well taken goals so far.

His body language doesn't look all that comfortable to me yet - hopefully he settles down soon and keeps the goals going in.

Speaking to one of his dads mates and they feel he has been trying too hard to impress as they are well aware Hibs don't spend money on transfers .

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Speaking to one of his dads mates and they feel he has been trying too hard to impress as they are well aware Hibs don't spend money on transfers .

How do things like this become fact? We have signed multiple members of the current squad for fees.

22-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Great control and finish for his goal last week which hopefully eases the pressure he might have been feeling and gives him the confidence to go on and score a few more. From the news article it sounds like he really wants to be here and do well for us.

gorgie greens
22-08-2019, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;5899044]How do things like this become fact? We have signed multiple members of the current squad for fees.[/QUthink every player signed gets a signing on fee of some sort i would imagine but a lot of the time a player is signed for a nominal fee but for Hibs to splash £300 k does not happen often.

Shrekko
22-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Anyone who writes a player off who’s new to the league after 2/3 weeks is an absolute idiot.

He may end up not being the player we hope but deserves full support from all ‘supporters’ in the meantime.

I can see the concerns but also think he maybe has good things to offer too.

superfurryhibby
22-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Doidge's fee is becoming a Hibs Net myth.

No way we paid £350,000 or anything close to it, but I'm only guessing of course, just like everyone else?

CRAZYHIBBY
22-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Regardless of how ***** hes been or who likes him and who doesnt .... that was a cracking goal and a top class finish

Gmack7
22-08-2019, 12:18 PM
i think he'll be our top scorer this season and next, there I've said it, cmon big man prove me right

StevieHendo
22-08-2019, 12:23 PM
i think he'll be our top scorer this season and next, there I've said it, cmon big man prove me right

If this transpires were in big trouble.

Shrekko
22-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Why like?

Corstorphine Hibby
22-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Is it the voices in your head telling you that or do you have a crystal ball ?

Mr_F
22-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Why like?

'cos he'll no be in double figures

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 12:46 PM
think every player signed gets a signing on fee of some sort i would imagine but a lot of the time a player is signed for a nominal fee but for Hibs to splash £300 k does not happen often.

Hibs have spent 6 figure transfer fees on or 4/5 players recently. It happens quite often now.

Shrekko
22-08-2019, 02:35 PM
'cos he'll no be in double figures

Cheers Nostradamus 👍

Aim Here
22-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Doidge's fee is becoming a Hibs Net myth.

No way we paid £350,000 or anything close to it, but I'm only guessing of course, just like everyone else?

Not sure where transfermarkt gets their figures from but they say the transfer fee is £252k and I've not seen any reason to disbelieve them on the subject of transfer fees. Their market valuations, on the other hand, tend to be surgically removed from their own rectums, but that's a different story.

Rumble de Thump
22-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Not sure where transfermarkt gets their figures from but they say the transfer fee is £252k and I've not seen any reason to disbelieve them on the subject of transfer fees. Their market valuations, on the other hand, tend to be surgically removed from their own rectums, but that's a different story.

The reason to disbelieve them is that they don't know because they're not involved in the deals.