PDA

View Full Version : Rangers game on tv? Pubs committed to showing it?

lylasmasterplan
10-08-2019, 08:16 AM
As it says in the tin. Is the game being shown anywhere other than Rangers/Hibs tv and has any pub announced that they’ll have the game on live.

Allant1981
10-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Dont think it's on any other channel

Berwickhibby
10-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Just on Hun TV

Eyrie
10-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Ridiiculous decision by the TV companies.

I know they don't like upsetting the Ugly Sisters by moving their home games, but this game was always likely to be on a Sunday due to Sevco playing in Europe, so why not televise a match between two of the top clubs in the league?

Togs91
10-08-2019, 09:22 AM

I know they don't like upsetting the Ugly Sisters by moving their home games, but this game was always likely to be on a Sunday due to Sevco playing in Europe, so why not televise a match between two of the top clubs in the league?
First week of English PL isn't it. We dont get a look in

Diclonius
10-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Is it on Hibs TV for international subscribers?

Did anyone get a VPN to work last time btw?

Frazerbob
10-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Not the Tv’s decision really. The SPFL (in other words, the clubs themselves) limit the number of live games each club can host. As a result pretty much the only Old Firm home games shown are against each other with the the others held back for what are deemed as more crucial games later in the season, usually after the split.

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2019, 11:15 AM
I'm surprised it isn't on telly somewhere. I just assumed it would be.

cs9
10-08-2019, 11:58 AM

I've lost track ... did Hib's ever have a reciprocal agreement to allow Rangers (or other clubs) access to the Hib's TV feed and us to theirs?
Seems like a perfectly reasonable arrangement. Maybe that's being a bit too optimistic ...

calumhibee1
10-08-2019, 12:01 PM
I’m sure a well known website will probably have a stream of it..

Greencore
10-08-2019, 12:13 PM
I have iptv and will be showing it on Periscope for fellow HIBEES, all sevco fans will be blocked.

Coco Bryce
10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
The 'usual' pubs in Leith will be showing the game.

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Audio only.

07hibee
10-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Any one know any pubs in alberfuria in Portugal showing it ?

Golden Bear
10-08-2019, 02:05 PM
I have iptv and will be showing it on Periscope for fellow HIBEES, all sevco fans will be blocked.

How do you distinguish? Do I need to wave my hibees scarf when I tune in?

Newcastlehibby
10-08-2019, 02:30 PM

That is most kind. Is your username the same?

Greencore
10-08-2019, 02:38 PM
That is most kind. Is your username the same?

Yep, hibeesscope.

Greencore
10-08-2019, 02:39 PM
How do you distinguish? Do I need to wave my hibees scarf when I tune in?

😂 Anyone that says "Mon the rainjurs" gets blocked.

saltandsauce
10-08-2019, 03:02 PM

There is a rangers boozer 5 mins from my hotel they might have it

jgl07
10-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Since when have any OF home matches been televised? Apart from against each other. All, or virtually all, OF away matches are televised.

Same as usual. Make the other teams deal with the disruption of matches at silly o’clock to pander to the fat cats.

jgl07
10-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Not the Tv’s decision really. The SPFL (in other words, the clubs themselves) limit the number of live games each club can host. As a result pretty much the only Old Firm home games shown are against each other with the the others held back for what are deemed as more crucial games later in the season, usually after the split.

Rubbish logic. The reason for the limit on number of home matches is to ensure that the OF allocation is largely taken up by matches between them.

The SPFL are once again culpable by allowing them to get away with this.

How about putting a limit on how many times an away team can feature?

FRes Hibbie
10-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Wilkie’s in leith has had rangers tv streams before.

Hibbyradge
10-08-2019, 03:14 PM
I've lost track ... did Hib's ever have a reciprocal agreement to allow Rangers (or other clubs) access to the Hib's TV feed and us to theirs?
Seems like a perfectly reasonable arrangement. Maybe that's being a bit too optimistic ...

Hib's??????????

MileHighBees
10-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Hibs TV did have such an agreement with some other Premiership clubs last season.
IIRC We got streams from Dundee, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone :thumbsup:
Nothing from games at Ibrox though :no way:
Looks like it's the same tomorrow as the official site says audio only for everyone.

Edit: I think we might have got video for the post-split game but only as it was live on Sky / UK TV.

Edit 2: Add Killie to the list as I think we also got the game from Rugby Park post-split.

Peevemor
10-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Hibs TV did have such an agreement with some other Premiership clubs last season.
IIRC We got streams from Dundee, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone :thumbsup:
Nothing from games at Ibrox though :no way:
Looks like it's the same tomorrow as the official site says audio only for everyone.

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I remember watching a match last season with HunTV commentators (who weren't hat bad to be fair).

MileHighBees
10-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I remember watching a match last season with HunTV commentators (who weren't hat bad to be fair).

Don't think the first one at Ibrox last season (late equalizer by McGregor :greengrin) was on Hibs TV

DH1875
10-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Thing is, it probably won't even be on the radio either.

Newcastlehibby
10-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Yep, hibeesscope.

:thumbsup:

hibby6270
10-08-2019, 11:06 PM

Try the Zoo Bar in Praceta dos Aveiros. It’s near Kiss Disco.

I was there in Feb and watched the Celtic Scottish cup game. However before that they were showing Saturday EPL 3pm games through one of those ‘handy’ Amazon Fire sticks. It probably has Sevco TV on it as well.:wink:

Only issue you might have is there are EPL games on Sunday at the same time so you might have to ask ‘really nicely’. They do have multiple screens though so definitely possible to watch on one of them.

Nice local lager on draught as well. 2 or 3 Euros a glass. Decent food also.

LeithSqualk
10-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Polwarth tavern, Wilkies and footlights might have it on. Jessie Mayes shows the hearts home games via vpn so can probably get hun tv

JohnM1875
11-08-2019, 12:39 AM
Surely Harp and Castle will be showing it as well. They usually do.

lord bunberry
11-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Are you sure?

The hun tv commentary is less biased than the bbc.

Silversand
11-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Mctavishes in Santa Ponsa are showing the game, 4pm local time.

[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

DavieRoy
11-08-2019, 09:04 AM
I think Celtic and Rangers only have 4 home games on TV and everyone else 6.
Sky never took the flag unfurling for the past two seasons as they obviously want to keep games in Glasgow for later in the season.