PDA

View Full Version : Question Loan deal for Middleton

allyh1bs
09-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Has everything gone all quiet on this, or have I missed something. Wasn’t the lad’s medical about 3 days ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
09-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Relax

It’s all been agreed and will be officially confirmed once Sunday’s game is done

The 90+2
09-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Both managers have confirmed it. Unless big Daz targets Jordan Jones knee on Sunday it will go through Monday.

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 11:47 PM
Both managers have confirmed it. Unless big Daz targets Jordan Jones knee on Sunday it will go through Monday.

Daz...LEGEND, he would have snapped Foster and no mistake.

smithy_hibees
10-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Don't run onto the pitch when gray bangs the 3rd in on Sunday and Its a done deal ;)

Brightside
10-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Has everything gone all quiet on this, or have I missed something. Wasn’t the lad’s medical about 3 days ago?

Does nobody read the news anymore?! Or other threads

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 08:04 AM

Apparently not. While you are there can I pay at the gate for the Morton game?

Halmyre Hibee
10-08-2019, 08:28 AM
According to football insider Hibs will pay a six figure loan deal plus a contribution towards Middleton’s wages.

04Sauzee
10-08-2019, 08:32 AM
According to football insider Hibs will pay a six figure loan deal plus a contribution towards Middleton’s wages.

Hmm a 12 month loan for a 6 figure fee, that would almost suggest he would have to be first pick in every game.

I'm not sure Hibs will be paying for a loan deal except for a chunk of his wages

Hibeesmad
10-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Hmm a 12 month loan for a 6 figure fee, that would almost suggest he would have to be first pick in every game.

I'm not sure Hibs will be paying for a loan deal except for a chunk of his wages

Maybe it was the only way to beat NAC Breda to his signature.

Paisley Hibby
10-08-2019, 08:38 AM

Wow. Six figures? For a player that isn't yet good enough to make The Rangers squad? Seems strange.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Maybe it was the only way to beat NAC Breda to his signature.

If we were shelling out that kind of money we would be better getting our own player so that he would be available for all games.

WillowbraeHibby
10-08-2019, 08:48 AM
If we were shelling out that kind of money we would be better getting our own player so that he would be available for all games.

I'm certainly agreeing with you on this... Why pay a loan fee, and as you say, the player will not be available to play against one of our main competitors.. Not getting this at all.. ? Strange times at ER...

Hibeesmad
10-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Probably paid a similar loan fee for Barker and Agyepong

DarlingtonHibee
10-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Salt, pinch of, rearrange

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2019, 08:55 AM
I'm certainly agreeing with you on this... Why pay a loan fee, and as you say, the player will not be available to play against one of our main competitors.. Not getting this at all.. ? Strange times at ER...

The Rangers won’t be one of our main competitors this year imo

Jim44
10-08-2019, 09:10 AM
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a loan fee before. I would have thought that the total amount the borrowing club pays goes towards the player’s wages from his parent club.

bigwheel
10-08-2019, 09:12 AM
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a loan fee before. I would have thought that the total amount the borrowing club pays goes towards the player’s wages from his parent club.

Almost every koan has a fee attached ...

Vault Boy
10-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Loan fees are very common, but IMO there's absolutely zero chance we're paying Rangers a six-figure one.

H18 SFR
10-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Sometimes a flake as well!

Jim44
10-08-2019, 09:15 AM

Loan fees are very common, but IMO there's absolutely zero chance we're paying Rangers a six-figure one.

There you go, you learn something new every day. :aok:

ancient hibee
10-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Definition.

Football insider; someone who knows nothing but will make up stories secure in the knowledge that those actually involved will never comment on it.

SChibs
10-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Maybe we see Middleton as a starter every week hence why we are willing to pay a bit for him

bigwheel
10-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Sometimes a flake as well!

[emoji23][emoji106]

bigwheel
10-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Out of interest would you explain ? Too good for us ? Not as good ??

Halmyre Hibee
10-08-2019, 09:26 AM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/hibs-to-pay-rangers-loan-fee-for-middleton/

Here's the link about the fee.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2019, 09:35 AM

I'm not thrilled about taking one of their players on loan but not because they are one of our main competitors.

Our main competitors are Aberdeen and Hearts. Sevco have moved onto a different level now unfortunately.

Eyrie
10-08-2019, 09:35 AM
If there's a six figure fee involved then we've got Middleton on a permanent deal.

Otherwise, it's only six figures if you count the £ sign, decimal point and pennies.

allyh1bs
10-08-2019, 09:52 AM

Yes I do both, but couldn’t see anything further, hence my enquiry. Sorry for causing you to waste your valuable time formulating a smart-ass reply.

Bobby's Cinema
10-08-2019, 09:55 AM
And if the fee was less, the offset being % wages would be more? Unsurprised if they want more up front the way they operate. Seems like people want the next thing to be outraged by at the moment. Good signing imo

Brightside
10-08-2019, 09:58 AM

Hahahahaha

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Hahahahaha

The loan fee is usually paid upfront and is a percentage of the weekly wages over the course of loan. Say we take him for 12 months and agree to pay 2,000 per week of his wages then the loan fee is £104k. He receives his full wages from Rangers and we pay the loan fee upfront or in installments to Rangers.g

ahibby
10-08-2019, 10:29 AM

In the context of trying to take points from matches against them.

malcolm
10-08-2019, 10:35 AM
So is the likes of ‘them’ being on another level or not our competitors just another sign of the negativity on here.:wink:

CapitalGreen
10-08-2019, 10:38 AM
The loan fee is usually paid upfront and is a percentage of the weekly wages over the course of loan. Say we take him for 12 months and agree to pay 2,000 per week of his wages then the loan fee is £104k. He receives his full wages from Rangers and we pay the loan fee upfront or in installments to Rangers.g

Yeah, pretty sure we’re not taking him on a 12 month loan.

DarlingtonHibee
10-08-2019, 10:40 AM

Nobody knows the details, but I don't think your numbers are anywhere near.

You also contradict your self on the loan fee

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Nobody knows the details, but I don't think your numbers are anywhere near.

You also contradict your self on the loan fee

It was example. Dont know what the numbers are. I said loan fee usually paid upfront but can be ininstallments. But would be 9 months till end May. A six figure sum would be in the region of us subsidising his wages to the tune of £2.5k a week which would not be out of order given he is likely to be on at least twice that at Rangers. We need the cover so Rangers have all the cards and would not be surprised if they wanted the whole loan fee up front. It would help their finances which are not the healthiest of states. Probably helped get them Barker.

dchibs
10-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Maybe number 99 on his shirt.

Weegreenman
10-08-2019, 11:09 AM
It’s a pity we couldn’t get Brandon Barker back. I don’t like the fact we are loaning from one of our rivals. Mainly because we won’t be able to play him against them.

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Out of interest would you explain ? Too good for us ? Not as good ??

I think they will be quite a bit better than us this year and have a chance of pushing Celtc all the way whereas we will be in and around 4th/5th. Not saying we can’t take points off them however in terms of main competition? Na not for me

Smartie
10-08-2019, 11:15 AM
It’s a pity we couldn’t get Brandon Barker back. I don’t like the fact we are loaning from one of our rivals. Mainly because we won’t be able to play him against them.

You don't think it would be quite sweet to see Barker play 1 in 3 games for them whilst Middleton tears the league up for us?

I seem to be in a minority of 1, but apart from Scott Allan I think Middleton is the signing who excites me the most.

Sod next season and beyond, it will take care of itself.

thebausburst
10-08-2019, 11:24 AM
You don't think it would be quite sweet to see Barker play 1 in 3 games for them whilst Middleton tears the league up for us?

I seem to be in a minority of 1, but apart from Scott Allan I think Middleton is the signing who excites me the most.

I agree best signing (potential) outside of Allan, shame there is no possibility of a permanent deal if he does the business.

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 01:06 PM
I agree best signing (potential) outside of Allan, shame there is no possibility of a permanent deal if he does the business.

Yes bit of quality. Goalie on loan look pretty good too plus of course Scott.

Weegreenman
10-08-2019, 03:27 PM

I don’t know anything about the lad tbh. Fingers crossed he can do a job for us.

hibbyfraelibby
10-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Wow. Six figures? For a player that isn't yet good enough to make The Rangers squad? Seems strange.

£1,000.00 Zimbabwean?

bigwheel
10-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I think they will be quite a bit better than us this year and have a chance of pushing Celtc all the way whereas we will be in and around 4th/5th. Not saying we can’t take points off them however in terms of main competition? Na not for me

Yeah fair enough - but we can compete with them over 90 mins...

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Yeah fair enough - but we can compete with them over 90 mins...

100%