PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Referees

Don Giovanni
09-08-2019, 03:55 PM
So, we've got this guy in charge of our trip to Ibroke on Sunday :rolleyes: :bitchy:

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17350272.chris-sutton-if-online-pub-pics-are-valid-john-beatons-guilty-of-sheer-stupidity/

But it got me thinking... most football fans would probably acknowledge the poor standard of Scottish referees at present, so who was the last good Scottish referee?

surreyhibbie
09-08-2019, 04:08 PM
:tumble:

Jim44
09-08-2019, 04:16 PM
So, we've got this guy in charge of our trip to Ibroke on Sunday :rolleyes: :bitchy:

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17350272.chris-sutton-if-online-pub-pics-are-valid-john-beatons-guilty-of-sheer-stupidity/

But it got me thinking... most football fans would probably acknowledge the poor standard of Scottish referees at present, so who was the last good Scottish referee?

Another example of a Scottish referee’s poor decision making.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Utter madness, prepare for the worst guys 🙄

brianmc
09-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Surely all referees are actually fans of one Scottish club or another?
So are we to believe they're all cheats?
I hope not - because football is finished if that's the case.

The Harp Awakes
10-08-2019, 05:42 PM
I hope not - because football is finished if that's the case.

Not all cheats I'm sure, but some of Beaton's decisions, particularly when officiating Rangers matches have been dodgy. So I think Sutton's point in the article is valid.

Fife-Hibee
10-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Not only will it be him.... we'll have the staunch tory linesman as well no doubt. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDRJmp3G2fk

SouthMoroccoStu
10-08-2019, 06:03 PM
He’s guilty of being an inbred bigoted orange twat

Like that ****tard Craig Thomson getting photographed with the school boys doing the 5-1 hands

But it suits the establishment so nothing is done about it

Eyrie
10-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Not all cheats I'm sure, but some of Beaton's decisions, particularly when officiating Rangers matches have been dodgy. So I think Sutton's point in the article is valid.

Think it was Beaton who sent Handling off at Ibrox for an innocuous tackle a few years ago.

Saturday Boy
10-08-2019, 06:17 PM
I remember a cup tie when Rangers played Stenhousemuir. A gang of Rangers players bundled the Stemnie goalie over the line and Beaton gave a goal. After that he was generally known as the best referee money can buy.

Kato
11-08-2019, 11:38 AM

That's some leap in logic.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2019, 06:10 PM

How was the referee today? He booked seven players, the first few relatively early into the game. Two for Mackie who was sent off.

From the reports on today's game, the ref hardly gets a mention so I'm assuming we can't blame him.

SChibs
11-08-2019, 06:18 PM
How was the referee today? He booked seven players, the first few relatively early into the game. Two for Mackie who was sent off.

From the reports on today's game, the ref hardly gets a mention so I'm assuming we can't blame him.

Looked like he ignored or overruled the linesman flagging for offside when the lino was in a far better position than him. He also didn't enforce the new sub leaving the pitch rules.

Jumbo
11-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Thought Doige was lucky not to be sent off for his booking, though we were 2 down by then

hibbyfraelibby
11-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Looked like he ignored or overruled the linesman flagging for offside when the lino was in a far better position than him. He also didn't enforce the new sub leaving the pitch rules.

Irrespective of the off side you cannot criticise hime about the sub rule unless you avtually have read and understood it. Rhe referee retains discretion where the players leave the pitch. If you dont believe me go actually read the rule.

Other than that Cheatin' Beaton can just gettae