PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Barker to Rangers 3 year deal

timewilltell
09-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Steven Gerrard hailed Brandon Barker as "the type of player we've been looking for" after the winger joined Rangers from Manchester City.

Barker, 22, has signed a three-year deal with the Scottish Premiership club, having been at Preston last term.

The season before, he scored twice in 30 games for Hibernian, while he also had stints with Rotherham United and NAC Breda.

"Last year I didn't feel we had enough in the final third," Gerrard said.

"The idea this year was to build a squad with exciting players who can open the door in different ways."

JimBHibees
09-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Good move for Brandon, quite similar to Jones from Killie is he not.

Allant1981
09-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Good move for Brandon, quite similar to Jones from Killie is he not.

Yip similar players, cant see how both can start as barkers not very good out on the right, not sure if jones can play wide right, certainly a lot of pace in that team

Greencore
09-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Too injury prone and his final finish was Mince. However if he had signed for us I would have been over the moon. 😂

H18 SFR
09-08-2019, 03:24 PM
He will play 15 games max across all comps.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2019, 03:26 PM
His pace covers a multitude of sins. If he’s fit enough to play he’s exciting to watch. I wonder if he’s been working on his final ball - it was getting better towards the end of his time with us.

Allant1981
His pace covers a multitude of sins. If he’s fit enough to play he’s exciting to watch. I wonder if he’s been working on his final ball - it was getting better towards the end of his time with us.

He didnt play enough last year to improve!

Onceinawhile
He's very good at relieving pressure and getting the ball up the park. His final product is definitely a bit questionable though.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2019, 03:28 PM
He's another good player that could start or come on and replace another good player when things are maybe not going their way.

I liked him when he was with us, and thought he was certainly coming onto a game towards the end of his time at the club.

The 90+2
I bet he wins at least five penalties for them in the last ten minutes this season.

Power
Sounds like Glenn Middleton.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2019, 03:30 PM

In what respect KP

Barney McGrew
09-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Did OK for us, but I mostly remember him ****ting out a tackle at Tynecastle and getting himself injured.

He’s is not one for your team when the challenges are flying about,

Vault Boy
09-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Quality player if he can stay fit. Would have loved him back at Hibs. Hopefully Middleton can show him up this season though.

GreenCastle
09-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Good signing and I would have loved to have him back.

I know some folk thought he was inconsistent but he was ok good form before he got injured.

He was also a player who was exciting to watch and beat a player - something we have been missing.

Huns must be paying a transfer fee and solid wages as Man City we’re wanting a fee for him leaving and Preston also wanted him.

Huns have got a huge squad and not surprised Middleton is coming to us on play more.

Since90+2
09-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Probably the quickest player I've seen at Easter Road , and I include Boyle in that. Its like he has a booster button when he's running with the ball.

Unfortunately I think that's a very good signing for Sevco. It's true his final ball is sometimes a let down but he is very very good on his day.

CloudSquall
09-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Great player to have on the wing, gets fans out of their seats and if he could improve his finishing he would be extremely dangerous in our league.

He is the type of player however that I think will be targeted by managers/players who are willing to take a yellow for a foul, he does seem to be made of glass.

-Jonesy-
09-08-2019, 03:46 PM
I liked him when he was here but I’m sure most teams will remember he is made of glass and will target him

Speedway
09-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Rather their treatment table than ours.

WeeRussell
09-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Did OK for us, but I mostly remember him ****ting out a tackle at Tynecastle and getting himself injured.

He’s is not one for your team when the challenges are flying about,

Your memory can't be that great then :confused:

I wish him no luck at them but let's not start making things up.

weecounty hibby
09-08-2019, 03:54 PM
Shame, I'd rather remember him as an exciting player for Hibs, tried his best, played in an exciting team but who had a lot to learn rather than a dirty hun

Big_Franck
09-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Your memory can't be that great then :confused:

I wish him no luck at them but let's not start making things up.

He's not making it up, I remember it as well. Barker was running with the ball down our left wing towards the roseburn. He took a heavy touch which lead to a 50/50 he shat out of. Not exactly what I remember him for but the poster isn't making it up.

WeeRussell
09-08-2019, 04:02 PM
He's not making it up, I remember it as well. Barker was running with the ball down our left wing towards the roseburn. He took a heavy touch which lead to a 50/50 he shat out of. Not exactly what I remember him for but the poster isn't making it up.

This one? (https://twitter.com/i/status/946149846267854849)

I would just call that getting tackled, not sh*tting out of anything.

DarlingtonHibee
09-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Rather their treatment table than ours.

Ffs....

CMurdoch
09-08-2019, 04:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he can get game time.
Maybe we will get him in on loan next season if Middleton does very well here :wink:

DH1875
09-08-2019, 04:12 PM

Spoke to a few of their fans, mostly about Barker but everyone has said they'd rather have Middleton.

What confuses me though is, how come they got him on a free when other clubs were willing to pay money for him.

Tyler Durden
09-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Strange move by Gerrard. He’s not any better than Middleton IMO or Candeias who they let go.

Rangers have signed Ojo and Aribo who look like great additions to me. Aribo being more of a central player. But on the wings they have also signed Greg Stewart, Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie and now Barker.

These guys would all be great signings for Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen but they’re not consistent enough if you’re looking to win the league. Rangers seem to be banking on one of about six players providing a bit of magic as they are rotated. I think Stewart and Barker in particular will struggle to get more than 5-10 starts each.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Spoke to a few of their fans, mostly about Barker but everyone has said they'd rather have Middleton.

What confuses me though is, how come they got him on a free when other clubs were willing to pay money for him.

Maybe they’ve paid up his last year at City in full

WhileTheChief..
09-08-2019, 04:50 PM
This was on the cards at the end of his time with us.

Alan Preston represents him in Scotland and was trying to get the deal done back then.

Gutted he’s ended up at Rangers, I really liked him.

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2019, 05:08 PM
FFS we developed him for Rangers.

Hibee Mac
09-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Fantastic with the ball at his feet and a man in front of him.

Not very good off the ball for making piercing runs in behind for a playmaker to pass to.

Interested to see how this pans out, I would have taken him back at Hibs.

The_Horde
09-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Goes past people for fun. He's like Kent in that sense but he's lacking in other areas.

Still, too good a player with too mucy of a pedigree for us to afford so all the best to him. Except on Sunday

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2019, 05:56 PM

Not very good off the ball for making piercing runs in behind for a playmaker to pass to.

This is actually the best summary. He was very poor at running in behind, wanted everything to his feet which is strange for a winger.

The 90+2
09-08-2019, 06:22 PM

He didn’t **** it at all. He got lunged at and had to go off. Bearing in mind he’s a young guy in a tough tough game against one of their huddy *******s.

The 90+2
09-08-2019, 06:23 PM

His best performances for us was being played in by Allan. Comment again makes no sense.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2019, 06:25 PM
I enjoyed watching Barker, but always thought he was a “home “ player, did well mostly at ER

superfurryhibby
09-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Goes past people for fun. He's like Kent in that sense but he's lacking in other areas.

Still, too good a player with too mucy of a pedigree for us to afford so all the best to him. Except on Sunday

Trying hard, as always:top marks

Barker’s injury prone and inexperienced. Hibs can’t compete with the Hun on wages, or stupidity. They’re welcome to his pedigree.

stoneyburn hibs
09-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Showed potential towards the end for us but chicken hearted.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2019, 06:36 PM
His best performances for us was being played in by Allan. Comment again makes no sense.

When did this happen? Can't think of a goal from Allan playing Barker in. Barker never ran in behind.

Smartie
09-08-2019, 06:45 PM
I can't help but think they're going to hate him.

He's a bit of a luxury - can cost you defensively, not always a grafter, questionable end product and dubious injury record.

I thought he was improving when he was with us so if he stays fit he might develop into a cracking player as he certainly showed ability in flashes.

Kent has set a high bar for them, and if Middleton starts doing the business for us there will be a lot of pressure on him to produce.

I reckon they'll be hawking him around, desperate to get rid this time next year.

Onion
09-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Shock that the Huns yet again covet what we have / had. Scotty Allan, Jason Cummings, McGinn and now Barker. Is there a Hibs play that hasn't been linked with those cretins ?

Wannabe Hibees, just like their poor cousins from down Gorgie way.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Shock that the Huns yet again covet what we have / had. Scotty Allan, Jason Cummings, McGinn and now Barker. Is there a Hibs play that hasn't been linked with those cretins ?

Wannabe Hibees, just like their poor cousins from down Gorgie way.

At least Daryl Horgan never will be, that name wouldn't last at Ibrox.

Bobby's Cinema
09-08-2019, 07:16 PM
He performed well against Rangers,
agree with most that his conversion rate was poor seem to recall him through on goal in several games and never put it away.

Got to imagine with the time and space he will get in Ibrox as a sub towards the end of games he could unlock things.

Good argument for Middleton being an upgrade IMO time will tell

heretoday
09-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Brandon Barker!
You're a ......
You're a ......

Dmas
09-08-2019, 07:42 PM
Enjoyed watching him one of those who’d get the heart pumping as he’d race down the wing unfortunately more often than not no end product though

vercol36
09-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Brandon Barker! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gerrard is done for.

Iggy Pope
09-08-2019, 09:19 PM
He performed well against Rangers,
agree with most that his conversion rate was poor seem to recall him through on goal in several games and never put it away.

Got to imagine with the time and space he will get in Ibrox as a sub towards the end of games he could unlock things.

Good argument for Middleton being an upgrade IMO time will tell

Think it may have been an early appearance at Dundee when he went off on one of those electric runs. Past player after player. Trouble was he kept running right into the keeper. An infuriating player. Hope we never hear of him again.

tonyrougier123
09-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Some squad filler for them.

Building a very good side over at ibrox.

I hate myself for saying that 😯

tonyrougier123
09-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Think it may have been an early appearance at Dundee when he went off on one of those electric runs. Past player after player. Trouble was he kept running right into the keeper. An infuriating player. Hope we never hear of him again.
If you are being honest tho he will be some impact player if he stays fit.

Iggy Pope
09-08-2019, 09:31 PM
If you are being honest tho he will be some impact player if he stays fit.

He made little impact with us and seemed to be built of chocolate but you might be right.

judas
09-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Steven Gerrard hailed Brandon Barker as "the type of player we've been looking for" after the winger joined Rangers from Manchester City.

Barker, 22, has signed a three-year deal with the Scottish Premiership club, having been at Preston last term.

The season before, he scored twice in 30 games for Hibernian, while he also had stints with Rotherham United and NAC Breda.

"Last year I didn't feel we had enough in the final third," Gerrard said.

"The idea this year was to build a squad with exciting players who can open the door in different ways."

I hope that he is a flop.

judas
09-08-2019, 09:32 PM
He made little impact with us and seemed to be built of chocolate but you might be right.

This

Hibeesmad
09-08-2019, 09:35 PM
I think he will do great there, unfortunately

tonyrougier123
09-08-2019, 09:37 PM

I disagree slightly.

Off the top of my head the 5-5 game.

Swung it back in our favour when he came on.

But ur right seemed to be only if he fancied it.otherwise frustratingly broke down not long after coming on a couple times.
Happened at preston as well.

We will see how he goes soon enough though.

Hibee Mac
09-08-2019, 09:44 PM

Honestly don't remember his best performances being played in by Allan?... His best performances came when they were in the same at the end of the season yes, but I don't think a big part of that was Allan playing passes into him. Barker seemed to prefer starting with a man in front of him and beating them himself.

And my original comment makes perfect sense, you just don't agree.

Captain Trips
09-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Hope he turns out to be utter pish and waste of a wage along with every other player at that disgrace.

Heisenberg
09-08-2019, 10:11 PM
Horgan did way more for us last season than Barker ever did. He’s fast and goes on some good runs but 99% of the time they end in disappointment. One strong tackle and he’ll be out for months.

lord bunberry
09-08-2019, 10:27 PM
I liked him, but he can go and **** himself now that he’s signed for that disgusting club. I hope he absolutely bombs and bleeds them for 3 years.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Horgan did way more for us last season than Barker ever did. He’s fast and goes on some good runs but 99% of the time they end in disappointment. One strong tackle and he’ll be out for months.
This is true. Horgan isn't quite as pretty to watch and doesn't beat as many players but goal/assist wise he is significantly better than Barker.

Northernhibee
10-08-2019, 07:43 AM
He’s as quick as anyone but as soon as it comes to crossing or shooting it’s like someone’s changed the buttons on FIFA and not told him.

judas
10-08-2019, 07:46 AM
He’s as quick as anyone but as soon as it comes to crossing or shooting it’s like someone’s changed the buttons on FIFA and not told him.

😂

Billy Whizz
21-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Injured and withdrawn from Rangers Europa League squad
Poor lad, suffered with injuries

Stuart93
21-08-2019, 04:13 PM

He’s made of chocolate, big risk for any team

Jim44
21-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Equivalent of a boxer’s glass chin. I’m kind of glad he’s not our problem.

MyJo
21-08-2019, 05:48 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/52764ef0560da979bffc7f17f022e85a/tenor.gif?itemid=14008068

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Well done young Brandon on ripping the arse out of the huns for three years on a good wage while being yourself 👍👍

neil7908
21-08-2019, 07:56 PM
A good move for his bank balance but not his career.

Not entirely sure if its a great piece of business by the Huns either.

lord bunberry
21-08-2019, 08:20 PM
They should bring Thomas Agyepong in as a replacement. :greengrin

danhibees1875
21-08-2019, 08:23 PM
They should bring Thomas Agyepong in as a replacement. :greengrin

Hopefully recalling Middleton isn't an option - but I'd imagine it will be. Guess it depends how much they want a winger, how bad the injury is, and how much they rate Middleton.

BoomtownHibees
21-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Hopefully recalling Middleton isn't an option - but I'd imagine it will be. Guess it depends how much they want a winger, how bad the injury is, and how much they rate Middleton.

They’ve got about another 5 to choose from

danhibees1875
21-08-2019, 08:29 PM
They’ve got about another 5 to choose from

Wingers? Fair enough, I can't say I know their squad that well - just assumed he'd have been a natural replacement to be drafted back in.

BoomtownHibees
21-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Wingers? Fair enough, I can't say I know their squad that well - just assumed he'd have been a natural replacement to be drafted back in.

Jones, Ojo, Grezda, Murphy, Hastie & Kent (if they sign him) are all “left wingers”

GoalsMcGinley
21-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Diddums. He’s not and has never been a Hibernian player. Our fascination with ex loan players needs to stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
22-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Not overly fussed when he was here, no end product and didn't want him back, too many injuries and bang average IMHO

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Diddums. He’s not and has never been a Hibernian player. Our fascination with ex loan players needs to stop!

He did play for Hibs though? Can we still look back fondly at Hendo's contribution? Or is that also not allowed?

Barman Stanton
22-08-2019, 08:41 AM
He did play for Hibs though? Can we still look back fondly at Hendo's contribution? Or is that also not allowed?

Indeed. Or Stokes. If they pulled on the green shirt they were Hibs players imo.

Diclonius
22-08-2019, 08:54 AM

We've paid a fee so they can't recall him.

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 09:02 AM

It won't be. Hibs would be stupid as **** to agree to that.

Captain Trips
22-08-2019, 10:27 AM

If Hibs agreed to that then indeed would be totally ridiculous as he is here to replace folk.

GoalsMcGinley
22-08-2019, 10:29 AM

Hendo actually achieved something while at Hibernian. Unlike Brandon who spend quite a lot of it actually sitting in the stand injured. He’s a classic example of the green tinted glasses. He was average at best while at ER but now he’s gone everyone seems to think he’s Ryan Giggs!

The 90+2
22-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Hendo actually achieved something while at Hibernian. Unlike Brandon who spend quite a lot of it actually sitting in the stand injured. He’s a classic example of the green tinted glasses. He was average at best while at ER but now he’s gone everyone seems to think he’s Ryan Giggs!

But he still played for Hibs.

J-C
22-08-2019, 10:40 AM

And was decidedly average or injured.

calumhibee1
22-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Only if he achieved something. We’ve actually only had 3 squads worth of players play for Hibs since the 90s. Everybody else didn’t play for Hibs. Not even Le God or Latapy.

CloudSquall
22-08-2019, 10:48 AM
I expected him to last at least until the end of September or October before the first injury..

It's a pity as he has so much potential but can't last more than a few games before an injury hits.

Deansy
22-08-2019, 12:48 PM
FFS we developed him for Rangers.

Not at all, with us he was in a football enviroment - at 'The Place Where Football Goes To Die' he'll very quickly learn that football isn't the no.1 objective there !. The culture-shock will ruin him !

Crazyhorse
22-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Only if he achieved something. We’ve actually only had 3 squads worth of players play for Hibs since the 90s. Everybody else didn’t play for Hibs. Not even Le God or Latapy.

What?

danhibees1875
22-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Rangers would be to have not agreed to it. Recall options are pretty standard parts of loan agreements I would have thought. However...

We've paid a fee so they can't recall him.

I had forgot we paid a fee. That probably makes it less likely that he can be recalled (as well as the apparent number of wingers they already have!). :aok:

ancient hibee
22-08-2019, 03:35 PM
What does this mean?

tamig
22-08-2019, 04:23 PM

They did win a league though and got medals to prove it.

tamig
22-08-2019, 04:24 PM
What does this mean?

Read the previous posts ffs.

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Rangers would be to have not agreed to it. Recall options are pretty standard parts of loan agreements I would have thought. However...

I had forgot we paid a fee. That probably makes it less likely that he can be recalled (as well as the apparent number of wingers they already have!). :aok:

They aren't common in domestic loans. Look at Dundee United trying to get Henri Anier back from us.

ancient hibee
22-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Read the previous posts ffs.

Who asked you?

tamig
22-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Who asked you?

If you’d read back a few posts it was clear as day what he meant. Your question was a bit daft.

ancient hibee
22-08-2019, 08:27 PM
If you’d read back a few posts it was clear as day what he meant. Your question was a bit daft.
I did,I still don’t and I see I’m not the only one.

HoboHarry
22-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Why don't you explain it then? I didn't have a clue what he was going on about with 3 squads since the nineties.....

tamig
22-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Why don't you explain it then? I didn't have a clue what he was going on about with 3 squads since the nineties.....

A guy further up was nit-picking that Barker was “never” a Hibs player. He then conceded that the likes of Hendo and Stokes were Hibs players as they had “achieved something”.

Deansy
22-08-2019, 08:37 PM

One of my pet hates is when someone replies to a specific post but doesn't display the content/name of the actual post they're replying to - sometimes it's days apart !

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2019, 08:49 PM

It's perfectly fine to contradict yourself. No big deal.

SquashedFrogg
22-08-2019, 08:52 PM
I hate that too 😀

bigwheel
22-08-2019, 08:56 PM
I hate that too [emoji3]

[emoji23][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we are hibs
27-08-2019, 08:41 PM
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1166447099661168641?s=19

Injured alread