PDA

View Full Version : Thrown out for feeding seagulls

hibee_girl
09-08-2019, 11:22 AM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439881-football-fans-will-be-kicked-out-if-they-feed-seagulls/

At Queen of the South tomorrow

Sean1875
09-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Too ****ing right. Does my nut in when I see folk feeding seagulls regardless of the location :grr:

heretoday
09-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Too ****ing right. Does my nut in when I see folk feeding seagulls regardless of the location :grr:

Likewise pigeons. Some folk think they're Mary Poppins. Tossers.

we are hibs
09-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Dont think the seagulls have been that bad since our crowds went up.

They seem to have been replaced by an extraordinary amount of wasps and bees in the east stand i have noticed. Is there a nest?

Marvellous
09-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Pigeons are sound. Lighten up

Clarence
09-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Leave Poppins out of this.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-08-2019, 11:46 AM
I hate gulls.....i have neighbours that must be feeding them. They start screeching at 6am every morning

RoxburghHibs
09-08-2019, 11:51 AM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439881-football-fans-will-be-kicked-out-if-they-feed-seagulls/

At Queen of the South tomorrow

I thought this was Hibs going on the thread subject details. Pheeeew I enjoy feeding the seagulls :aok:

HappyAsHellas
09-08-2019, 12:24 PM
We can legally kill pigeons so why not gulls as well? Wish I still had a gun............

calumhibee1
09-08-2019, 12:29 PM
We can legally kill pigeons so why not gulls as well? Wish I still had a gun............

If you did I’d like to borrow it to go postal on some seagulls.

H18 SFR
09-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Why are seagulls so precious in this bloody country?

theonlywayisup
09-08-2019, 12:31 PM
I've always thought it would be good to be reincarnated as a seagull so that I could fly over Tiny and dump loads of :******: on the home fans at the end of the game.

Am I being childish?

Edit - don't know why the smiley didn't work, but you can guess what I mean.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2019, 12:34 PM
I've always thought it would be good to be reincarnated as a seagull so that I could fly over Tiny and dump loads of :******: on the home fans at the end of the game.

Am I being childish?

Naw you could stick your tongue out at them after you are done for good measure 😁

Fuzzywuzzy
09-08-2019, 12:35 PM

The tide may now turn. As a country of dog lovers they may now feel the wrath after nicking a chihuahua

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Am I being childish?

No !!!

If i had the wings of an eagle
And i had the arse of a crow
I'd fly over Swinie tomorrow
And ***** on the *******s below, below

***** on , ***** on.............

G B Young
09-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I hate gulls.....i have neighbours that must be feeding them. They start screeching at 6am every morning

There's not necessarily anyone feeding them, it's just that thousands of them now nest on city rooftops as there's enough discarded food to be found there to keep them fed. It's the same where we are, screeching from first light and sometimes swooping aggressively if they deem you to be getting within the vicinity of their nests. I wish they'd ****** off back to sea.

HappyAsHellas
09-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Generally speaking any birds that ate human crops were described as vermin and legally allowed, if not obliged to kill. Gulls were not in this category although nowadays with them stealing people's food from their hands we may see something done about it, and the sooner the better.

Keith_M
09-08-2019, 01:14 PM
No !!!

If i had the wings of an eagle
And i had the arse of a crow
I'd fly over Swinie tomorrow
And ***** on the *******s below, below

***** on , ***** on.............

I thought it was Sparrow.

:dunno:

lord bunberry
09-08-2019, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=heretoday;5877308]Likewise pigeons. Some folk think they're Mary Poppins. Tossers.[/QUOTE.
superhibeesfeedthepigeonsheretodaygoesbalistic

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Not in my day Keith...bigger is better don't you think ? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2019, 02:03 PM
I’ve heard the crowd cheer the seagulls at Brighton games.

Jay
09-08-2019, 03:17 PM

I was in the WGH recently and my bed was at the window. On the rooftop outside was a nest with 2 baby seagulls and the parents. People used to come and look out the window and go all soft about them. I was the only one who hated them. They kept me awake half the night with the squawking. Drove me nuts

bingo70
09-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Do people intentionally feed seagulls? I’ve never heard of that before, horrible *******s seagulls and they’re getting worse

RIP
09-08-2019, 03:24 PM

If I had the wings of a Seagull

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Do people intentionally feed seagulls? I’ve never heard of that before, horrible *******s seagulls and they’re getting worse

They do bingo, i was on ferry from Oban to Craignure, Isle of Mull and people were encouraging the gulls to take the food from there outstretched hands...Seagulls know a good thing when they see it so now "look out"for the ferries.

beensaidbefore
09-08-2019, 03:28 PM

I have it on good authority that the police officers at leith station feed the gulls out of the staff room window! You would think they would know better. :rolleyes:

jgl07
09-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Not in my day Keith...bigger is better don't you think ? :greengrin

No it was always sparrow back in the 1960s. Although Old Trafford was the preferred target.

bingo70
09-08-2019, 03:33 PM
They do bingo, i was on ferry from Oban to Craignure, Isle of Mull and people were encouraging the gulls to take the food from there outstretched hands...Seagulls know a good thing when they see it so now "look out"for the ferries.

Incredible.

I was up photographing an old church in Portsoy recently for my work and I’m guessing a seagull had a young one it’s nest in the roof as it wasn’t for me getting too close. I was basically chased back to my car by it, it must have been some sight for anyone watching me but I was absolutely ****ing it! Never really had a huge problem with them until that ******** started having a go at me, now I hate the things.

Scott Allan Key
09-08-2019, 03:36 PM
I have it on good authority that the police officers at leith station feed the gulls out of the staff room window! You would think they would know better. :rolleyes:Maybe they do, they must be aware of animal welfare laws and laws regarding protected species.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
09-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Maybe they do, they must be aware of animal welfare laws and laws regarding protected species.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You would think so! That's what makes it even more daft, imo.

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 03:40 PM
No it was always sparrow back in the 1960s. Although Old Trafford was the preferred target.

You on the correct message board ??? i have never in all my days sang a song referencing Old Trafford.

I travelled on the Pentland bus and for sure it was "Eagle" and "Swinie" in our version. ****** Old Trafford ??? have a word wi yersel :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-08-2019, 03:58 PM
I was the subject of a direct hit from a seagull at Easter Road a few years ago. Thought Hibs had introduced paint balling. It's not very nice but I must admit I can't remember seeing anybody ever intentionally feeding them.

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 04:09 PM
I was the subject of a direct hit from a seagull at Easter Road a few years ago. Thought Hibs had introduced paint balling. It's not very nice but I must admit I can't remember seeing anybody ever intentionally feeding them.

That's cos there's nae seagulls in Burdiehoose...the natives would eat them :wink:

jgl07
09-08-2019, 06:33 PM
You on the correct message board ??? i have never in all my days sang a song referencing Old Trafford.

I travelled on the Pentland bus and for sure it was "Eagle" and "Swinie" in our version. ****** Old Trafford ??? have a word wi yersel :greengrin

If you had grown up in Manchester, you certainly would have!

Onion
09-08-2019, 07:38 PM

:greengrin It was .. for no other reason as it rhymes with crow. And it was Ibrox.:greengrin

jgl07
09-08-2019, 07:41 PM
:greengrin It was .. for no other reason as it rhymes with crow. And it was Ibrox.:greengrin

The first club to use that song were, I believe Blackburn Rovers. They would have had Burnley as the recipient.

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 08:09 PM

So you sang that song on the Broamloan terraces amongst 54.000 Huns ??? erm we only had the nerve to sing it on our supporters bus. circa 1968/9

The first club to use that song were, I believe Blackburn Rovers. They would have had Burnley as the recipient.

Ye it would be aimed at Burnley but where is the empirical evidence that it was Blackburn rovers that first used it ??... So much pish and wind on here with posters trying to be
ITk ....

beensaidbefore
09-08-2019, 08:17 PM
So you sang that song on the Broamloan terraces amongst 54.000 Huns ??? erm we only had the nerve to sing it on our supporters bus. circa 1968/9

Ye it would be aimed at Burnley but where is the empirical evidence that it was Blackburn rovers that first used it ??... So much pish and wind on here with posters trying to be
ITk ....

Take a chill pill mate.

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 08:22 PM
If you had grown up in Manchester, you certainly would have!

But i didn't grow up there and thereby see no point in referencing Old Trafford in any hibs song or chant. I know a Mankie who follows hibs and even he is oblivious to both Manchester teams. quite simply they mean nothing to me

Weegreenman
09-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I stand in awe whilst waiting to vacate the East Stand. Watching those flying dogs of the sky hovering and diving. A sight to behold. Besides, aren’t they just lending a helping hand to clean away the waste ya lot have left behind ?

CMurdoch
09-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Am I being childish?

By your logic, do you think it is deid Hearts supporters who have come back as seagulls who pester the **** out of us at Easter Road
****** Mercer, might have guessed :timebomb:

CMurdoch
09-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Dont think the seagulls have been that bad since our crowds went up.

They seem to have been replaced by an extraordinary amount of wasps and bees in the east stand i have noticed. Is there a nest?

Can't say i've noticed that.
Where in the East do you sit?

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Take a chill pill mate.

i fail to see the need to "take a chill pill" maybe you should stop creepin around tryin to bait people who are simply entering into the spirit of the thread.

Try a cyanide pill you miserable *******.

Guess that's me banned now...well done you bsb

Hibeesmad
10-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Greedy b******s

One Day
10-08-2019, 08:38 AM

I hate them too, Screechin, sh*te all over my decking, if it was a rat you'd put poison down

Swedish hibee
10-08-2019, 08:53 AM
...If only everyone in Scotland would dispose their rubbish in a bin..crazy idea right?!

Billy Whizz
10-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Think there seems to be lot more of them this year, or is it I’m just more more aware of them?

beensaidbefore
10-08-2019, 11:14 AM
i fail to see the need to "take a chill pill" maybe you should stop creepin around tryin to bait people who are simply entering into the spirit of the thread.

Creeping around, baiting people? I think that's what you are doing.

You were being a knob in my opinion, being overly aggressive, and coming over like at know it all, but slagging people for the very same thing.

Bye you fanny:yw:

Northern Hibby
10-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Am I being childish?

I know a song about that but I think it was a crow 🤔

SaulGoodman
10-08-2019, 03:02 PM

Jesus Christ :hilarious

One Day
11-08-2019, 09:30 AM
...If only everyone in Scotland would dispose their rubbish in a bin..crazy idea right?!

That would be a start

Jones28
11-08-2019, 12:47 PM

Hahaha ****ing hell 😂😂