PDA

View Full Version : Working Together Report?

Speedway
08-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Has there been a working together thread from this week’s meeting.

I couldn’t see it on the first couple of pages on main. Sorry if I’ve missed it.

PatHead
08-08-2019, 10:56 PM

I couldn’t see it on the first couple of pages on main. Sorry if I’ve missed it.

There was very little said, lasted an hour and a half. A lot concerned the tipying up of the stadium. The work which is to be done following our recent sale. Safety arrangements for Sunday with a lengthy discussion about the Killie v Sevco safety issues..
Not much else.

Power
09-08-2019, 06:26 AM

I did the minutes and will be getting them on the main website (and updated with next meeting - 30th September). New attendees and main contributors was Since1875, both Sean and Paddy talked really well.

Anything to feed back of specific points of interest I can help with?

Cheers PatH too ✅

PatHead
09-08-2019, 07:28 AM
I did the minutes and will be getting them on the main website (and updated with next meeting - 30th September). New attendees and main contributors was Since1875, both Sean and Paddy talked really well.

Anything to feed back of specific points of interest I can help with?

Cheers PatH too ✅

Sorry for missing out 1875. Great presentation by 2 really keen guys.

Power
09-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Minutes of July Working Together Meeting

Monday 5th August 2019

Press Lounge, Easter Road Stadium
Meeting opened at 1840 hrs

Minutes taken by Kieran Power. 26 people in attendance (good to see new faces) and meeting chaired by Tracey Smith.

Tracey and Kieran updated WTG on what fans have flagged recently. As always, not on behalf of all of fans but a fair size.

Turnstile and system access problems flagged. Discussion on the problems facing supporters obtaining access to the 4 games so far, including G4S feedback.

Alan Marshall, Hibs security officer, provided good insight to where we’re at and expectation to be fine for Morton if not St. Johnstone. 3 out of 4 permanent stand managers appointed, introduction of text line too. Reminder on traffic control outside Easter Road before and after games to be reminded to relevant parties.

Food Kiosk feedback noted - supplier to have a recruitment drive soon.
Discussion between TS, KP, KM and the group about Ron’s ambition and immediate vision. Ron has spent extensive time with each area of the club. Nothing is off the table and the club is working hard in the background to review perfect plan on each area of the club and bring it to discussion.

Rangers away - we expect the same security process in place that has been for the last three games at Ibrox for Hibs - sterile zones with police support exiting the area. Number of points from the floor regarding disabled access and support.

Paddy and Sean gave a fantastic update on Since 1875, including current position for the group (smaller numbers) but a renewed energy from feedback recently. They will be increasing their visibility and will be looking for support to continue their atmosphere ambitions.

Working group updates pushed out till September meeting.

Behind the Goals feedback on Saturday good. Club will listen to any idea on how to continue improving this.

Very good suggestion from the group to look at another foodbank collection and to plan one soon.

Hibs kids games should be announced shortly.

Comments made that the official website is out of date. If anyone finds anything they’ve been encouraged to flag it to the club.

Idea floated to have Ron Gordon, Leeann Dempster and HSL attend a future WTG meeting.

Next meeting scheduled for Monday 30th September.

AOB

None

At 1955hrs and there being no further business Tracey closed the meeting.

Onceinawhile
09-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Behind the Goals feedback on Saturday good. Club will listen to any idea on how to continue improving this.

Hibs kids games should be announced shortly.

Appreciate the post KP. I wasn't at the meeting so can't comment, but wonder if the following was discussed:

I went into BTG for the first time in 2 or 3 years, it wasn't particularly busy (just after 2) but we had to queue up to get in. I thought there was space for quite a few more people, I'm assuming there's a H+S reason for this? Secondly on the BTG point, what's happening with the upstairs bit? I understand it was meant to be a health centre and that this has fallen through (is that right?) but are we now just leaving it as is and not using it? Third point on BTG - if i was running it, I wouldn't bother with pints of anything, I would just sell bottles, would bring queue times down and would stop there being any issues with taps and lines and the way the beer tastes - that's just my opinion though.

Hibs kids - I feel like these should have been announced before now, we've known the fixtures for nearly two months! Also, are the Hibs kids packs getting sent out? My wee man is waiting on his wall chart.

Thanks.

Power
09-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Appreciate the post KP. I wasn't at the meeting so can't comment, but wonder if the following was discussed:

I went into BTG for the first time in 2 or 3 years, it wasn't particularly busy (just after 2) but we had to queue up to get in. I thought there was space for quite a few more people, I'm assuming there's a H+S reason for this? Secondly on the BTG point, what's happening with the upstairs bit? I understand it was meant to be a health centre and that this has fallen through (is that right?) but are we now just leaving it as is and not using it? Third point on BTG - if i was running it, I wouldn't bother with pints of anything, I would just sell bottles, would bring queue times down and would stop there being any issues with taps and lines and the way the beer tastes - that's just my opinion though.

Hibs kids - I feel like these should have been announced before now, we've known the fixtures for nearly two months! Also, are the Hibs kids packs getting sent out? My wee man is waiting on his wall chart.

Thanks.

BTG will fall into the big plans and anything is possible for it - club do appreciate any positive change/feedback on it so I’ll feed it in - I can feed back about the entry system though.

Wee man is waiting on the Hibs Kids kit too (it’s mine as he got the wallchart fae the Arbroath programme!). I wouldnae be surprised if it lands with this discussion in circulation.

linlithgowhibbie
09-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Got to agree with Onceinawhile, bottle bars are the way forward for speed of service and reduce the need for maintenance in beer pipes and bad pint pourers!
Only need couple of choices for lager at one sales point and heavy/export/best/Guinness at another, no pouring and waiting for it to settle.

Brightside
09-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Food kiosk - a recruitment drive? So the club aren’t interested in changing the product. They really need to start being honest about changes etc instead of just paying lip service. People constantly complain about the food product and nothing has ever been done. One person complains about cars after the game and they send a reminder out to enforce rules?!

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Food kiosk - a recruitment drive? So the club aren’t interested in changing the product. They really need to start being honest about changes etc instead of just paying lip service. People constantly complain about the food product and nothing has ever been done. One person complains about cars after the game and they send a reminder out to enforce rules?!

They need more folk to serve the thousands that queue up to but the over priced low quality stuff being sold.

Power
10-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Not for this season. Next year there is an opportunity ✅

H18 SFR
10-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Not for this season. Next year there is an opportunity ✅

It's time for us to stop using the kiosks if this is the case - sadly, we probably all appreciate that this will never happen, hence the reason the kiosks stay the same. It's a cycle, pish - accept it - pish - accept it...

Greenworld
10-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the update I an interested in where Ron is going with all this from what has been said so far by the manager in his recent interview everything is possible.
The American way having worked for many years in an American company is to do exactly what Ron is doing at present understand what everyone is doing or not and see how to slim down numbers from people deemed not to be doing much normally middle management are first in line to go.
I have a concern that LD has talked a very good game about BTG and other areas for a number of seasons now but not delivered on these areas this is lost revenue to the club I expect this will be addressed fast by Ron he will want every square foot of the ground earning to its max potential .
The food kiosks is another area that has gone on for seasons and nothing .
General stadium upgrades should be ongoing but you can see lots of areas that are not being kept in good nick.
I actually welcome when ron starts to implement whatever he wants there may be a few surprises on who goes and comes In at the club I expect LD will be put under pressure to explain all that was discussed at your meeting if she cannot come up with good reasons watch this space American employers are brutal in there quest for profit.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk