PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever swap deals

Hibiza
08-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Iain Munro for Graham fyffe and Ally Scott. Erich for Bobby Hutchinson. Surely the worst ever.

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Not a Hibs deal but Man City giving Paul Walsh and 500k to Portsmouth for Gerry Creaney has to be up there ! [emoji2]

Gloucester Hibs
08-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Riordan & Whittaker for Bobby Mann would've been the worst had Williamson had his way!

HoboHarry
08-08-2019, 12:08 PM
I swapped single life for married life which was a fairly flawed decision. Am I doing this right?

Hibiza
08-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Brill .

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Joe Ward and £275000 for Des Bremner to Aston Villa. :confused:

Played 11 scored 0 HIBS never won with Joe in the team

Des went on to win the English First Division and the European Cup

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Des went on to win the English First Division a League Cup and the European Cup

Ouch. That was horrible

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Ouch. That was horrible

Did not realise how good he was until the gaps started to appear in our midfield

He used to come off after every game with his top covered in sweat

hibee_nation
08-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Scotland for a bag of English gold

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2019, 12:29 PM
£1m and Billy Dodds for Robbie Winters by Mogadon Miller when he was Dons manager. Winters was at Dundee Utd. I missed it as I was in Oz and was absolutely staggered by it when I found out on my return.

CloudSquall
08-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Harris for Boyle for Dundee:greengrin

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Did not realise how good he was until the gaps started to appear in our midfield

He used to come off after every game with his top covered in sweat

Yeah. Was a real powerhouse with a bit of rolls Royce in him ...top top player.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Neil McCann allowing Scott Bain and Scott Allan to leave Dundee in the same window and getting Simon Murray to seal the deals was a strange bit of business. Murray was a decent enough player but going in a huff with the best keeper at the club played a huge part in costing McCann his job.

Northernhibee
08-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Neil McCann allowing Scott Bain and Scott Allan to leave Dundee in the same window and getting Simon Murray to seal the deals was a strange bit of business. Murray was a decent enough player but going in a huff with the best keeper at the club played a huge part in costing McCann his job.

Yeah, McCann is a grade A fanny. There's standing your ground against a player, there's also pushing your team towards relegation because you can't turn a situation around.

For Celtic, Scott Allan for Hendo and McGeouch and cash is a howler considering we got Allan back on a free.

Onceinawhile
08-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Etoo and £40m for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Of course, inter went on to knock barca out of the champions league on the way to winning it. Zlatan felt out with Pep and left after a year.

Willis1875
08-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Etoo and £40m for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Of course, inter went on to knock barca out of the champions league on the way to winning it. Zlatan felt out with Pep and left after a year.

Incredible given how good a scoring record Etoo had at Barca

iwasthere1972
08-08-2019, 06:23 PM
My single fish for a white pudding. I could have done much better.

One Day
09-08-2019, 10:57 AM

Des went on to win the English First Division and the European Cup

Joe Ward one of the worst players ever at easter road, think he went to Dundee Utd next and never scored for them either

Niagara Lad
09-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Peter Welsh was up there with Joe Ward as one of the worst ever. No swap deal though.

The 90+2
09-08-2019, 09:39 PM
All round good guy “(supposedly) and Inverness manager John Robertson swapping a player with good potential in Mulroney for some hearts player with a chronic injury who recently had to retire.

highland hibbee
10-08-2019, 08:06 AM
All round good guy “(supposedly) and Inverness manager John Robertson swapping a player with good potential in Mulroney for some hearts player with a chronic injury who recently had to retire.

Well Robbo is certainly “ all round “ these days!!

Michael
10-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Billy Dodds + £700K for Robbie Winters

Edit: someone beat me to it!

ancient hibee
10-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Not a swap but replacing Baker(Joe) and McLeod(Johnny) with Baker (Gerry) and McLeod (Ally) didn't seem too wonderful at the time despite Gerry having a pretty reasonable goal scoring record.

superfurryhibby
10-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Not a swap but replacing Baker(Joe) and McLeod(Johnny) with Baker (Gerry) and McLeod (Ally) didn't seem too wonderful at the time despite Gerry having a pretty reasonable goal scoring record.

Two players with tremendous pedigrees sold, two lesser players brought in to replace them. This was at the end of Harry Swans ownership, probably recouping some funds before handing over the reigns to Bill Harrower.

Fyfe and Scott for Iain Munro and Bobby Hutchison for Shades are the obvious stand outs as the poorest swap deals known to Hibs in my time. What possessed Eddie Turnbull to do this?

Diclonius
11-08-2019, 01:11 AM
Not quite a swap deal, but "replacing" Anthony Stokes with Darryl Duffy.. On loan. From Bristol Rovers. After receiving £1M from Celtic.

Then Duffy was injured before playing for us so he was "replaced" by Valdas Trakys.

Smartie
11-08-2019, 01:51 AM
A lush million pound playing surface in exchange for a tattered shambles of a pitch, a small amount of catering and hospitality income and a wee massage of the owner's ego.

houstonhibbee
11-08-2019, 04:00 AM
Not quite a swap deal, but "replacing" Anthony Stokes with Darryl Duffy.. On loan. From Bristol Rovers. After receiving £1M from Celtic.

Then Duffy was injured before playing for us so he was "replaced" by Valdas Trakys.

Replacing alan gordon with fat joe

King Cosell
11-08-2019, 07:38 AM
Willie Irvine for Bobby Flavell didn't really work out for Motherwell, great bit of business for us.

Ray_
11-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Replacing alan gordon with fat joe

He was meant to play alongside Alan Gordon, ET had tried to sign Gordon for Aberdeen to partner him with Harper, it was Jim O'Rourke who he was signed to replace, when we think of the number of games played during that period there was surely a need for all three. We recently have been putting Hibs not great performances in the league cup down to pre-season games, some of the best performances I've seen Hibs produce has been in the Dryborough cup and group sections of the league cup.

Incidentally, in Harper's last game for Hibs in 1976, he scored five goals in a reserve outing before going on and scoring a barrel load for Aberdeen during the next five seasons, while Hibs top scorer over that period was a midfield player and in three of those five season's our top marksman scored 8 goals.

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Unpopular though Joe Harper might have been with HIBS fans there is no doubt he was a cracking player
99 appearances 49 goals
It was more about the fans perception of who he was bought to replace rather than about Joe Harper
I was one of many thousands of expectant Hibees at his debut at old Brockville
Dearie me!
Class act!

ancient hibee
11-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Unpopular though Joe Harper might have been with HIBS fans there is no doubt he was a cracking player
99 appearances 49 goals
It was more about the fans perception of who he was bought to replace rather than about Joe Harper
I was one of many thousands of expectant Hibees at his debut at old Brockville
Dearie me!
Class act!
Me too.0-0.Started with Harper and O’Rourke and Gordon on the bench.Brockville packed.What an anti-climax.Beginning of the end!

BILLYHIBS
11-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Me too.0-0.Started with Harper and O’Rourke and Gordon on the bench.Brockville packed.What an anti-climax.Beginning of the end!
Ha Ha!

Looked like me now in my 1972 HIBS strip with the gut hanging over my shorts

What a waste of money!