PDA

View Full Version : Opposition players that you hate to love

Northernhibee
08-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Players that you want to dislike, maybe it's the team that they play for, they've got a hardman image etc. but you can't help but admire.

For me it's Gary Mackay-Steven. After every game against Aberdeen I think he's an utter prick etc. etc. etc. but he's got talent, can play a game to the very edge of the rules and always proves to be a thorn in our side. Hate having him play against us but would have him at Hibs without a shadow of a doubt.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Leigh Griffiths

Turnbullsmate
08-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Gascoigne...wonderful player

Smartie
08-08-2019, 01:07 PM
John Robertson.

Scored so many heart-breaking goals against us you just want to hate him.

He's actually a really decent bloke to meet, and you can't help but respect the fact that as a footballer his team was never down and out whilst they had his ability to pop up with a goal - even if his team is the one you least want to have that ability.

calumhibee1
08-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Griffiths

Larsson

Massive tin hat on here.. A part of me actually likes the bellend nature of Morelos (just not against Hibs) :greengrin ****housery of the highest order.

nonshinyfinish
08-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Larsson

Yep. Don't want to like him because of that appalling tongue celebration, but there's no denying he was a top player.

The 90+2
08-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Ryan Christie, Stevie May, Defoe.

Time For Heroes
08-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Larsson for me too, probably helps that his first assist in a Celtic top was to Chic Charnley 😁

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 01:28 PM
It’s not surprising that there are not any crap players named on this thread ...if they are hopeless you never care about them...

The 90+2
08-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Mentions to Chico and Andy McLaren too.

superfurryhibby
08-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Dare I say this..... Robbo, the wee fat bassa was a thorn in our flesh, but I had a grudging admiration for him. A very good goal scorer and he had the bawz to support Hands of Hibs.

Another very different one was Brian Martin, ex St Mirren and Motherwell. A big strapping bassa centre half, hard as but he could play fitbaw too. Always wanted Hibs to sign him, never happened though

Saint Hibee
08-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Griffiths

Larsson

Massive tin hat on here.. A part of me actually likes the bellend nature of Morelos (just not against Hibs) :greengrin ****housery of the highest order.
Agree about Morelos. At least it’s never dull when he’s on the pitch!

The 90+2
08-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Agree about Morelos. At least it’s never dull when he’s on the pitch!

Was watching him on Sunday and the amount of **** he gets coming his way trying to get him to retaliate is crazy. It usually works in the end but it seems a clear game plan and most opponents seem to get away with it.

The 90+2
08-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Dare I say this..... Robbo, the wee fat bassa was a thorn in our flesh, but I had a grudging admiration for him. A very good goal scorer and he had the bawz to support Hands of Hibs.

Another very different one was Brian Martin, ex St Mirren and Motherwell. A big strapping bassa centre half, hard as but he could play fitbaw too. Always wanted Hibs to sign him, never happened though

I’m sure Brian Martin played for Scotland at one point mid 90s. Remember his big baldy Napper when warming up.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Back in the 70s without question it was Alex McDonald,****my hun dirty wee bassa.

Recently it has to be Ratgel, a classic arrogant yam fud.

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup because they are Huns but so talented.

weecounty hibby
08-08-2019, 05:19 PM
John MacDonald, I'll never forget that dive at ER.
Oops wrong thread I hated him. Diving prick

FilipinoHibs
09-08-2019, 12:06 AM
John MacDonald, I'll never forget that dive at ER.
Oops wrong thread I hated him. Diving prick

Yes always looked he was about to go down.