PDA

View Full Version : Derby 26th December Question

Theinsider
08-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Hi all

I am coming back home for xmas and new year with the family and I no there will be little or no chance of tickets for the Derby. Is there anywhere child friendly, as the youngest is 13 that we can get a bite to est a few beers and watch the game around Easter Road area? Late pub lunch etc.

Thanks in advance.
TI

Antifa Hibs
08-08-2019, 12:03 PM
If you're on the database and have bought tickets before you'll have as good a chance as any for tickets.

Regarding family friendly pubs in the Leith area non i can think off. Hibs club maybe? Can't see that being overly busy during the game?

Glory Lurker
08-08-2019, 12:51 PM
It's only just registered that the derby's on Boxing Day. Whose stupid idea was that???

SideBurns
08-08-2019, 01:02 PM
We were in Gladstones watching the 2-1 Horgan gemme. Four kids with us, did grub. Great afternoon!

Frazerbob
08-08-2019, 01:25 PM
It's only just registered that the derby's on Boxing Day. Whose stupid idea was that???

Been plenty Derbies and other big games on Boxing Day. Why is it a bad idea?

Aim Here
08-08-2019, 01:34 PM

If you're going to have a game on either Boxing Day or New Year's Day, it definitely should be a derby. Transport options are generally limited on those days so it's best to keep travel distances as short as possible. It's the opposite of a stupid idea, and in fact, the tradition for decades was to play the derby on New Year's day.

Sean1875
08-08-2019, 01:38 PM
If you're on the database and have bought tickets before you'll have as good a chance as any for tickets.

Regarding family friendly pubs in the Leith area non i can think off. Hibs club maybe? Can't see that being overly busy during the game?

Not without a ST he's not.

hibbymac
08-08-2019, 02:14 PM

I'd imagine the Hibs club will be heaving during the game. :dunno:

Sammy7nil
08-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Hi all

I am coming back home for xmas and new year with the family and I no there will be little or no chance of tickets for the Derby. Is there anywhere child friendly, as the youngest is 13 that we can get a bite to est a few beers and watch the game around Easter Road area? Late pub lunch etc.

Thanks in advance.
TI

Persevere foot of Easter Road

Theinsider
09-08-2019, 11:11 AM
We were in Gladstones watching the 2-1 Horgan gemme. Four kids with us, did grub. Great afternoon!

Will give it a go. Thanks.

Theinsider
09-08-2019, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Sammy7nil;5876444]Persevere foot of Easter Old stomping ground. Couple of options. Thanks all.

.Sean.
09-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Wonder when kick off time will be revealed or will it remain 3pm?

Theinsider
09-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Wonder when kick off time will be revealed or will it remain 3pm?

3pm I would think.

Ringothedog
10-08-2019, 12:19 PM

It was Ibrox last year