PDA

View Full Version : Sjm

DarlingtonHibee
08-08-2019, 09:01 AM
New five year contract with villa. According to Jim White

Hibby Bairn
08-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Signed new 5 yr deal with AV.

That will bump his transfer value up next summer.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2019, 09:09 AM
See transfer thread :wink:

Sean1875
08-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Will take big bucks to buy him next summer then... HERE COMES THE MONEEEEEY :hyper

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2019, 09:14 AM
See transfer thread :wink:

Is he getting transferred? I thought it was a contact extension.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Is he getting transferred? I thought it was a contact extension.

Fair point.

Can we have a mega transfer extension thread now too, please.

Mind you, there was lots of chat about him being transferred to Man U. Surely a non-transfer story after all that, is eligible for the transfer speculation thread?

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Fair point.

Can we have a mega transfer extension thread now too, please.

Mind you, there was lots of chat about him being transferred to Man U. Surely a non-transfer story after all that, is eligible for the transfer speculation thread?

Who knows? Not for me to decide. :greengrin

PatHead
08-08-2019, 10:06 AM
A year to the day since he signed for Villa. Just think, he could have spent the last year on the Celtic bench.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Why do we need another thread about McGinn? He's signed a new contract with Villa. Big deal!

DarlingtonHibee
08-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Why do we need another thread about McGinn? He's signed a new contract with Villa. Big deal!

Ffs calm down

tamig
08-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Its something that could benefit us so aye its a big deal.

Jumbo
08-08-2019, 10:35 AM
If we buy him back, does our sell on fee get deducted before or after the transfer fee 🤔😂

Heisenberg
08-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Better than having to read posters going on about how good Hearts are to be fair.

HFC93
08-08-2019, 10:40 AM

McGinn signing a long term deal could ultimately benefit Hibs financialy.

tonyrougier123
08-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Absolute legend! I'm happy he's staying at villa great club for him right now.

I'm quite annoyed though that a good portion of that transfer fee has not been reinvested in our own midfield.

lord bunberry
08-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Better than having to read posters going on about how good Hearts are to be fair.
Touché

Northernhibee
08-08-2019, 11:19 AM
McGinn signing a long term deal could ultimately benefit Hibs financialy.

If he sells for as much as he potentially could do it could see us establish ourselves as the clear third team in Scottish Football.

£50-60m for a young player with his attributes and EPL experience/pedigree isn't out of the question. Could end up being another £10m to us if the 15% sell on clause mentioned on here is accurate.

jacomo
08-08-2019, 11:35 AM
If we buy him back, does our sell on fee get deducted before or after the transfer fee 🤔😂

I think we’d owe it to ourselves, but best to ask a Jambo about this.

huggie1875
08-08-2019, 11:54 AM

but you're ok with puns

PatHead
08-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Because he is a favourite son of our club and people want to talk about him?

If you don't want to hear about him don't open the thread.

RoYO!
08-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Another aspect of why we’re so interested that so often across all of Scotland talented young players have moved to the OF to rot. We are left to think ‘what if’. What if they moved to England or abroad? Would they make it?

It’s been a blast looking on and watching him succeed. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving player.

08-08-2019, 05:50 PM
John is a brilliant footballer who just seems to be getting better and better. Lovely, down to earth guy as well who deserves all the good things that have came his way and the many more that are ahead of him.

If John McGinn can keep himself injury-free and keep going the way he is going then there will be a massive move for him in store. Villa know this, they know what a valuable player they are lucky to have on their hands hence the big extension.

All the best SJM, will be following your career with great interest and will enjoy seeing you go all the way :thumbsup:

shetlandhibee
08-08-2019, 06:03 PM
exactly how i saw it panning out at the end of last season when everybody was speculating how much he,ll be sold for this summer,new long term contract on at lot higher wage with villa(he,d have been told that before he went on holiday:agree:} it certainly bumps his price up if sold in the next 2 3 years , so i think very good for us in the long term SJM ££ will come to us eventually IMO GL well deserved:thumbsup:

08-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Another aspect of why we’re so interested that so often across all of Scotland talented young players have moved to the OF to rot. We are left to think ‘what if’. What if they moved to England or abroad? Would they make it?

It’s been a blast looking on and watching him succeed. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving player.

Absolutely. The amount of talent that has been wasted by the OF over the years is frightening. They cherry pick any talent from opposition clubs for pitiful amount then let them rot on their bench.

I've argued for years that that's one of the main reasons the Scottish National team has been so poor for years. Too much Scottish talent being hovered up by the OF and wasted. Look at Riordan for example. An exceptional young talent, still to this day probably the best striker I've ever seen at hibs, but he moved to Celtic and was ruined. Celtic was the wrong move and ultimately ruined what should have been a far more successful career.

Godsahibby
08-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Absolutely. The amount of talent that has been wasted by the OF over the years is frightening. They cherry pick any talent from opposition clubs for pitiful amount then let them rot on their bench.

I've argued for years that that's one of the main reasons the Scottish National team has been so poor for years. Too much Scottish talent being hovered up by the OF and wasted. Look at Riordan for example. An exceptional young talent, still to this day probably the best striker I've ever seen at hibs, but he moved to Celtic and was ruined. Celtic was the wrong move and ultimately ruined what should have been a far more successful career.

He spent a small part of his career there, i would say him being a daft laddie was more to blame than Celtic. He had plenty of chances after that to kick start his career but it didnt work for him anywhere!

Iggy Pope
08-08-2019, 06:53 PM

Maybe a couple of dozen or so updates on the Huns game tonight would be of more interest?:greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-08-2019, 07:20 PM

Don't open the thread then ? If you're not interested then pass on by

DarlingtonHibee
08-08-2019, 07:25 PM

👍

Hiber-nation
08-08-2019, 07:27 PM

A Hibs supporter who is far more interested in bigging up the jambos and Huns than he is following the career of one of our best players in recent years.

You've got to laugh really 😂

snedzuk
08-08-2019, 08:21 PM
John is a brilliant footballer who just seems to be getting better and better. Lovely, down to earth guy as well who deserves all the good things that have came his way and the many more that are ahead of him.

If John McGinn can keep himself injury-free and keep going the way he is going then there will be a massive move for him in store. Villa know this, they know what a valuable player they are lucky to have on their hands hence the big extension.

All the best SJM, will be following your career with great interest and will enjoy seeing you go all the way :thumbsup:

This 100% - john mcginn and Liam henderson absolute credits to their respective families and to hibs.

Greencore
08-08-2019, 08:24 PM

He will go at a higher price and that means more cash for Hibernian, he was also a fans favourite. Understandable really.

PatHead
08-08-2019, 10:52 PM
He will go at a higher price and that means more cash for Hibernian, he was also a fans favourite. Understandable really.

Wonder if he has a sell out clause?

Humo
09-08-2019, 06:39 AM
A Hibs supporter who is far more interested in bigging up the jambos and Huns than he is following the career of one of our best players in recent years.

You've got to laugh really 😂

Still not convinced Hermit Crab is a hibbie tbh

Monts
09-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Still not convinced Hermit Crab is a hibbie tbh

Plenty people on here know him, he has an away season ticket.

Ozymandias
09-08-2019, 11:18 AM

But it is easy to see that his allegiance is not an uncommon query. It's not as if his Hibby glass is ever exactly towards the "half-full" edge of the spectrum.

tamig
09-08-2019, 11:59 AM

How do you know he has an away ST? 😂

CentreLine
09-08-2019, 08:17 PM
How do you know he has an away ST? 😂

Saw him at Tynecastle of course 😱

jacomo
09-08-2019, 08:19 PM
But it is easy to see that his allegiance is not an uncommon query. It's not as if his Hibby glass is ever exactly towards the "half-full" edge of the spectrum.

A pessimistic Hibs supporter? Well I never.

macca70
09-08-2019, 08:27 PM
What do you thinks he’s on a week with his new contract?

Remember seeing Premiership wages a while ago i’m sure the lowest was about £60k per week