PDA

View Full Version : Oppo' Players you love to HATE

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 03:24 PM
For me it has to be that vile little Hun ******* Alex McDonald. What an odious little bigot. Every Hibs v Hun game he targeted wee Mickey and of course mickey took the bait.

That Hun weasels arrogance when he and big Tony H paraded the cup pre game was vomit inducing. Acknowledging the massed hordes and intimating to them that the cup was theirs before a ball is kicked.

St Albert of Dens gave him a proper kick in the Goolies ... God bless St Albert and Sir David.

McDonald the ultimate cheat and loser

I don't like The Rangers

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 03:45 PM
For me it has to be that vile little Hun ******* Alex McDonald. What an odious little bigot. Every Hibs v Hun game he targeted wee Mickey and of course mickey took the bait.

That Hun weasels arrogance when he and big Tony H paraded the cup pre game was vomit inducing. Acknowledging the massed hordes and intimating to them that the cup was theirs before a ball is kicked.

St Albert of Dens gave him a proper kick in the Goolies ... God bless St Albert and Sir David.

McDonald the ultimate cheat and loser

I don't like The Rangers

Best one for me was when Doddy put Mickey up in the air with a typical two footed cynical tackle and Mickey got up and walked over a prostrate MacDonald Mickey didnae even wait on the card and just ran straight up the tunnel as I think he had already been booked leaving MacDonald to lift up his light blue jersey to examine the stud marks

Brilliant!

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Every single yam fud past present and future. Period.

superfurryhibby
07-08-2019, 03:54 PM
Never liked Neil Berry much, I suppose because he was a dirty, violent, plug ugly, hatchet man bassa.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Unpopular opinion....

Fernando Ricksen

Horrible player/person on and off the field

Optimises that club and it's supporters in it's past and present (and any future) incarnations

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Never liked Neil Berry much, I suppose because he was a dirty, violent, plug ugly, hatchet man bassa.

Scandalous assault on Paul Wright to break his leg was never the same player again ( for us anyway)

Jonnyboy
07-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Drew Busby wins this hands down

Biggie
07-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Any hearts player, but I particularly dislike ikpeazu for them, and that Goldstein lad that plays for the rangers

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Best one for me was when Doddy put Mickey up in the air with a typical two footed cynical tackle and Mickey got up and walked over a prostrate MacDonald Mickey didnae even wait on the card and just ran straight up the tunnel as I think he had already been booked leaving MacDonald to lift up his light blue jersey to examine the stud marks

Brilliant!

Ah yes i remember it well Billy. Did Mickey not get a record 12 week suspension for that incident ?...I laughed at the time given the record "ban" was Willie Waddell , Hun Bassa' being Sine Die for nutting an opponent. So in reality a Hun holds the record ban.

superfurryhibby
Scandalous assault on Paul Wright to break his leg was never the same player again ( for us anyway)

That's the swine, seem to recall it is as a very nasty achieves injury. Studs right down the back of the ankle. Not sure Wright played for Hibs much after that, went to Killie? However, we signed another Wright with the cash and that worked out nae bad.

Another one I disliked intensely, Mark "elbows" Hateley. Effective, but horrible. Typified the Hunt of that era.

superfurryhibby

That's the swine, seem to recall it is as a very nasty achilles s injury. Studs right down the back of the ankle. Not sure Wright played for Hibs much after that, went to Killie? However, we signed another Wright with the cash and that worked out nae bad.

Another one I disliked intensely, Mark "elbows" Hateley. Effective, but horrible. Typified the Hun of that era.

JohnMcM
07-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Not because he now plays for the Yams, but because he has always been a sneaky, snidey, snakey little rat the on pitch my vote goes to Naismith.

:flag:

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Alan Gordon once told me that Claudio Gentile ( Juventus ) was a tough uncompromising no messing centre back up to all the dirty tricks of the trade

When the ball was up the other end of the park he would stand at the half way line and pull the hairs oot the back of your leg and do anything to provoke you into losing your discipline at all costs

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Alan Gordon once told me that Claudio Gentile ( Juventus ) was a tough uncompromising no messing centre back up to all the dirty tricks of the trade

When the ball was up the other end of the park he would stand at the half way line and pull the hairs oot the back of your leg and do anything to provoke you into losing your discipline at all costs

Sounds like Gog's O'Brian fae Burdie...

James310
07-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Paul Hartley and Rudi Skacel, although probably because they always played well against us and loved winding up the Hibs fans.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2019, 04:43 PM
David Weir.

KeithTheHibby
07-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Skacel. Utter ****.

brianmc
07-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Seeing a lot of hate in this thread but not much love!?!

I always thought players you loved to hate were the opposition guys you had a grudging respect for.....

Maybe need to change the thread title?

McKenzie
07-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Skacel. Utter ****.

This, any other answer is wrong. Absolute cretin of a human

CloudSquall
07-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Every single Hearts player during the Romanov years, it was like peak yamness.

Since452
07-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Halliday because he's a ****

Gaffer1875
07-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Jamie Hamill.
Morelos.
Gary Locke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs4185
07-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Naismith. Utter rat.

Fergos
07-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Diouf, don’t love to hate him just think he’s a total walloper bell end.

GGTTH

leithsansiro
07-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Diouf, don’t love to hate him just think he’s a total walloper bell end.

GGTTH

Great shout. He’s one of the few players I would’ve genuinely been unwilling to support if he had ever pulled on a Hibs shirt. Seemed a genuine cretin. Who on earth spits an another human being and thinks it’s acceptable?

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Stevie Fulton...just because he's ugly

easty
07-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Unpopular opinion....

Fernando Ricksen

Optimises that club and it's supporters in it's past and present (and any future) incarnations

Dunno why that would be unpopular. He was a ****.

overdrive
07-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Neil Lennon

Sammy7nil
07-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Shinnie
Scott Brown Celtic version
Jamie Wlaker
Morelas

PatHead
07-08-2019, 06:18 PM
McLeish and Miller were two players I dispised. Refereed games, went down injured to break up games and hacked folk while using their immunity card.

peterharrogate
07-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Arfield for that silly salute that he does.

Suburban Hibby
07-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Ian Ferguson the ex St Mirren hun
Dave Bowman
Skacel
Peter Grant
John Brown
Gary Locke
Willie Miller sheep

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Shinnie
Scott Brown Celtic version
Jamie Wlaker
Morelas

Hiber-nation
07-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Without a doubt.

I'm actually laughing at those mentioning Skacel, who was basically a daftie drawn into all things maroon. They were far too young to witness Busby who deliberately went out to break Hibs players' legs.

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Without a doubt.

I'm actually laughing at those mentioning Skacel, who was basically a daftie drawn into all things maroon. They were far too young to witness Busby who deliberately went out to break Hibs players' legs.

Wannabee Hun , explains his Airdrie roots and move to Swinie. ****in brute he was. Drew Studs up

Davy Mac
07-08-2019, 06:43 PM
For some reason that rocket Dave McPherson really pissed me off so did Roy Aitken. They didnae half slaver a load of shxt after their games against us.

xyz23jc
07-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Not because he now plays for the Yams, but because he has always been a sneaky, snidey, snakey little rat the on pitch my vote goes to Naismith.

:flag:

Seconded! Rat of the highest order! Except when he plays for Scotland! :greengrin:agree:

The 90+2
07-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Hartley Lennon Petrov Bob Malcolm.

Winner is Lafferty though.

.Sean.
07-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Morelos
Skacel
Gary Locke
Ryan McGowan

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2019, 08:07 PM
All of them. F em 😉

Sylar
07-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Ricksen is very much deserving of a mention, in spite of his current illness - it's partly complimentary - he was an odious ******* on the field, always resorting to horrible tackles, winding up opposition players and having them react. But he was a damned good footballer too.

Brown fits into that same category for me. He's teflon, he winds players up something awful, he niggles opponents with borderline behaviour/physicality...but he's bloody good at what he does.

I don't consider Skacel etc in this category. I didn't love to hate him - I just did. He wasn't particularly good, he was just a vile reprobate.

FRes Hibbie
07-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Ricksen is very much deserving of a mention, in spite of his current illness - it's partly complimentary - he was an odious ******* on the field, always resorting to horrible tackles, winding up opposition players and having them react. But he was a damned good footballer too.

Brown fits into that same category for me. He's teflon, he winds players up something awful, he niggles opponents with borderline behaviour/physicality...but he's bloody good at what he does.

I don't consider Skacel etc in this category. I didn't love to hate him - I just did. He wasn't particularly good, he was just a vile reprobate.

Unfortunately skacel was good - that was a large part of the problem with him. Definitely a **** though.

BigKev
07-08-2019, 08:13 PM
I hated Pressley and his dives whenever someone in a Hibs top walked within 3 feet of him. Berra now plays the same way.

Currently Morelos is for being a cheating little no mark.

Despised a lot of der Huns 9 in a row mob but for sheer "couldnt stand in a phone box without skelping" hatred it was Medals Mackay.

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Liam Craig

Sir David Gray
07-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Rudi Skacel.

Sammy7nil
07-08-2019, 08:49 PM
All of them. F em 😉

Bar Mabel

andybev1
07-08-2019, 09:06 PM
That ugly bad haircutted **** moralles. I really love to hate that guy.

Sneaky Lafferty

Naismith. I would rather have him in my side but he is a dirty greeting faced barsteward.

Smartie
07-08-2019, 09:11 PM
I'm pleased Gary MacKay-Steven has taken himself a fair distance away.

Exuberance1875
07-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Darion MacKinnon, SmartPrice version of Scott Brown

Bangkok Hibby
07-08-2019, 09:42 PM
There's been a few over the years but I can't remember a nastier little **** than Naismith

Nevi_SOL
07-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Jamie Walker

Pinkie
07-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Richard Gough. Arrogant, entitled, dirty. Very effective, not least because refs let him away with it.

I never warmed to Mark Hately either, for largely the same reasons.

Dishonourable mentions go to David Bowman, Neil Lennon and Jim Duffy. Lennon and Duffy I have no issue with now, but I couldn't stand them as players.

jacomo
07-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Richard Gough. Arrogant, entitled, dirty. Very effective, not least because refs let him away with it.

I never warmed to Mark Hately either , for largely the same reasons.

Dishonourable mentions go to David Bowman, Neil Lennon and Jim Duffy. Lennon and Duffy I have no issue with now, but I couldn't stand them as players.

Just reminds me of that Wet Wet Wet era of smug orange tan dominance.

Hateful.

superbam
07-08-2019, 10:32 PM
I'm pleased Gary MacKay-Steven has taken himself a fair distance away.

Yep. Small time welt acting the big time fanny.

aljo7-0
07-08-2019, 11:05 PM
The whole Airdrie team from the mid 80s

JackHibs
07-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Surely Zaliukas is up there and Jamie MacDonald - not because he was a wind up or a prick just because he takes sooooo ****ing long with every single goal kick he gets

ClewsHibs
07-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Mikael Lustig
Joe Cardle

Deansy
07-08-2019, 11:52 PM

I remember one derby at ER, due to a flukey bounce of the ball it was a 50-50 between Busby (who was the yam's 'Hard man' at the time) and our Des Bremner - Bremner was never what you'd call 'well-built' (skinny imo !) but the 2 of them raced towards the ball and each other - everyone in the ground could see it coming and the combined noise of the fans was like a drum-roll leading up to the moment of impact ! And boy did they impact (iirc, it looked very much like both players had forgotten all about the ball !) - it was like 2 locomotives crashing into each other !. Straight after the collision, Des Bremener just got up, casually wiped his sleeves and trotted away - the 'Hard man' needed treatment (he might even have got carrried off - my memory's not what it was !) !

Mixu62
08-08-2019, 12:59 AM
Gary MacKay. The sheer delight in the Hibs end at Tynie when he finally got a red card for an assault on Mikey O'Neill. Odious, loud-mouth racist tramp.

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 02:21 AM
The list is endless:
Henderson
Greig
Black
Robertson
Mackay
Skatchel
Hartley
That tattooed get who played for them recently
McCoist
Souness
Butcher
Larson

Etc

HoboHarry
08-08-2019, 02:50 AM
The list is endless:
Henderson
Greig
Black
Robertson
Mackay
Skatchel
Hartley
That tattooed get who played for them recently
McCoist
Souness
Butcher
Larson

Etc
Henrik Larsson? Not sure what there was to dislike about him to be honest.....

CMurdoch
08-08-2019, 02:55 AM
McGeady for playing for Ireland
Cheated Scotland when we needed him.

As he is now finished my anger towards him can dissipate.

Forza Fred
08-08-2019, 03:42 AM
Tommy White of Hearts

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 05:04 AM

The guy was quality

At the end of the day we are all hibbies we like to play football the way it should be played yes opposition players may try and stop us playing our fast attractive entertaining football by any means but sometimes an opponent comes along where you just have to put your hands up and say”HIBS Class!”

Great pass for his ball to Chic Charnley on his Celtic debut though ��

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 05:13 AM

Just signed a one year contract extension with Sunderland

Yes you are correct he is finished

Is that League One or League Two?

I cannot remember definitely not Championship 😁

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 05:32 AM

Used to take great delight in scoring against us, sticking his tongue out at us. Also, play acted for penalty in cup final.

Since452
08-08-2019, 05:36 AM
Neil McCann cupping his ear running past the east stand after scoring for them made me not very keen on him. Also seems a bit of an arrogant twat.

JackHibs
08-08-2019, 05:50 AM
Neil McCann cupping his ear running past the east stand after scoring for them made me not very keen on him. Also seems a bit of an arrogant twat.

Wee man syndrome:wink:

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 06:15 AM
Used to take great delight in scoring against us, sticking his tongue out at us. Also, play acted for penalty in cup final.

How old are you?

Two?

Yes he did dive I was right behind the goals

It was a soft award but what do you expect in a National Cup Final versus Celtic at Hampden?

We held our own with a depleted team but once they brought on Jackie MacNamara Jnr we could not handle his mobility in midfield

Another year of pain :greengrin

GGTTH

SideBurns
08-08-2019, 06:34 AM

Do you honestly think Larsson took greater pleasure from scoring against us than anyone else? He stuck his tongue out frequently as part of his goal celebration, but can't recall him ever trying to wind the Hibs fans up. Think your memory is playing tricks on you.

Where I'll partially agree is regarding the dive - he knew how to win a penalty, and went down too easily in the box on more than one occasion, I'd suggest. Other than that, he was a fantastic player. Can't imagine why anyone (apart from the Huns, I suppose) would hate him.

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 06:45 AM
How old are you?

Two?

Yes he did dive I was right behind the goals

It was a soft award but what do you expect in a National Cup Final versus Celtic at Hampden?

We held our own with a depleted team but once they brought on Jackie MacNamara Jnr we could not handle his mobility in midfield

Another year of pain :greengrin

GGTTH

Yes I was there to right behind the incident. Latapy on the piss and Sauzee's dead leg from Ibrox the previous week. All very painful. I would suggest Larson always sticking his tongue out at Hibs was the one who was acting like a 2 year old. Had a friend in the police and said Larson was cruiser in the red might area in Leith. So not quite the goody two shoes he was made out to be.

PS sticking your tongue out at someone is considered an insult in nearly all cultures.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Yes I was there to right behind the incident. Latapy on the piss and Sauzee's dead leg from Ibrox the previous week. All very painful. I would suggest Larson always sticking his tongue out at Hibs was the one who was acting like a 2 year old. Had a friend in the police and said Larson was cruiser in the red might area in Leith. So not quite the goody two shoes he was made out to be.

PS sticking your tongue out at someone is considered an insult in nearly all cultures.

Must remember to tell my two year old grand daughter to stop doing it in that case

I would not want her to upset anyone in this PC age

Anyway back on track Henrik Larrson regardless of what he liked to do in his spare time was still a cracking player just ask any Feyenoord Celtic Swedish or Man Utd fan eventually going back to his boyhood team in Sweden before retiring a true professional excellent at what he did for a living

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2019, 07:01 AM
So many I could mention. Players from my era: Skacel, Lafferty, Diouf, Morelos, Sutton, Hurlock, Graham Roberts, Butcher, Scott Booth, Willie Miller. Dirty, sneaky bar stewards, these are the names that first come to mind. The full list could take a while to compose. :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Must remember to tell my two year old grand daughter to stop doing it in that case

I would not want her to upset anyone in this PC age

Anyway back on track Henrik Larrson regardless of what he liked to do in his spare time was still a cracking player just ask any Feyenoord Celtic Swedish or Man Utd fan eventually going back to his boyhood team in Sweden before retiring a true professional excellent at what he did for a living

Yes cracking player. Your granddaughter is 2 so would be overlooked. Larson a full grown adult doing it to provoke opposition fans.

Since452
08-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Can't remember ever having a strong dislike for Henrik Larsson. Don't think he was a dirty player and didn't come across as a twat. He was a Celtic player which ment i wasn't keen on him like the rest of them but thats it.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Yes cracking player. Your granddaughter is 2 so would be overlooked. Larson a full grown adult doing it to provoke opposition fans.

Just his normal celebration perfectly natural

Best way to stop it was to stop him scoring

If you fail to stop him he sticks his tongue out

How old are you? :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Just his normal celebration perfectly natural

Best way to stop it was to stop him scoring

If you fail to stop him he sticks his tongue out

How old are you? :greengrin

You must be the two year old if you think sticking your tongue out at the opposition fans is not an insult. For adults to do it to other adults is widely regarded as an insult in almost all cultures. If you are in a pub watching Hibs versus Hearts. Hearts scored and a Hearts fan looked at you and stuck his tongue out at you would you just take it as part of his goal celebration?

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 07:38 AM
You must be the two year old if you think sticking your tongue out at the opposition fans is not an insult. For adults to do it to other adults is widely regarded as isult in almost all cultures. If you are in a pub watching Hibs versus Hearts. Hearts scored and a Hearts fan looked at you and stuck his tongue out at you would you just take it as part of his goal celebration?

In that situation I would not take it as being part of his goal celebration it would be him saying to me as a fellow fan GIRFUY! :na na:

I have had a lot worse than an opposition fan sticking his tongue out at me in my fifty years of following HIBS especially in games versus the Hun believe me :greengrin

Back to the jambo in the pub I would probably laugh but would be more concerned about how we managed to lose a goal to that crock of s##t and more worried about how we are going to retrieve the situation :confused:

Since452
08-08-2019, 07:42 AM
You must be the two year old if you think sticking your tongue out at the opposition fans is not an insult. For adults to do it to other adults is widely regarded as an insult in almost all cultures. If you are in a pub watching Hibs versus Hearts. Hearts scored and a Hearts fan looked at you and stuck his tongue out at you would you just take it as part of his goal celebration?

I don't think it was ever aimed at opposition fans was it? If you'd said he ran up to the oppositions fans, touched his nose with his thumb while wagging his fingers shouting na, na, na, na, na at us thats a different story. I'd have been livid and told my mum straight away.

Hibee87
08-08-2019, 08:06 AM

Larsson stuck his tongue out as his celebration, Infront of away fans or home fans, watch a YouTube of him and you will see him running the length of the Celtic stand doing it . To HATE a player as this thread suggests, even if it's a bit of a tongue on cheek thread, what your saying is ridiculous.

TrinityHibs
08-08-2019, 08:19 AM
This thread has gone seriously weird. If we did a poll about the best non Hibs players you have seen playing in Scotland Larsson would be one of the most popular. Stickinghis tongue out FFS

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Souness.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Souness.

Called himself a hard man but I always thought his tackles were nasty snide and cowardly

The one on “ Beastie” and this premeditated cynical effort

https://youtu.be/ygVgxYa3mlo

jgl07
08-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Wayne ******g Foster

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Brandon Barker 😁

PatHead
08-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Ally McCoist for his sneaky punch in the Souness game. Never bought into his cheeky chap act.

Turnbullsmate
08-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Brandon Barker 😁

Ah the fickle fan lol... didnae waste any time in lovin to hate him Billy , cannae say i blame you :agree:

Has Robbo had a mention ? The hammer of the Hibs drank Bailleys ffs

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Ah the fickle fan lol... didnae waste any time in lovin to hate him Billy , cannae say i blame you :agree:

Only posted in jest but once he runs oot in a Hun top against the cabbage he will be treated like all the rest 😁

Sean1875
08-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Caldwell was very easy to dislike once he'd signed for Celtc.

SideBurns
08-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Called himself a hard man but I always thought his tackles were nasty snide and cowardly

The one on “ Beastie” and this premeditated cynical effort

https://youtu.be/ygVgxYa3mlo

That's what I always thought about Souness. Apart from the one on Beastie, there were the cowardly assaults on the Icelandic boy and (I think) Peter Nicholas of Wales at Hampden in a Scotland jersey. Nasty piece of work on the pitch (strangely, I don't mind him these days as a pundit).

Here’s Lucy!
08-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Couldn’t agree with you more re. McGeady :aok:

What nonsense! He stuck his tongue out in after virtually every goal he scored, it was not specific to us. He was also a fantastic footballer who improved the standard of our league.

Did he?

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Couldn’t agree with you more re. McGeady :aok:

What nonsense! He stuck his tongue out in after virtually every goal he scored, it was not specific to us. He was also a fantastic footballer who improved the standard of our league.

Did he?

Utter nonsense. He had a contempt for all the other teams fans. His superiority he expressed as an arrogance. There have been great players in our league who were able to show humility. Larson was not one of them. He could easily celebrated away from the opposition fans. I am sure he was not sticking his tongue out at the Celtic fans. You are utterly naive not to believe his actions were a deliberate slur on other fans.

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Utter nonsense. He had a contempt for all the other teams fans. His superiority he expressed as an arrogance. There have been great players in our league who were able to show humility. Larson was not one of them. He could easily celebrated away from the opposition fans. I am sure he was not sticking his tongue out at the Celtic fans. You are utterly naive not to believe his actions were a deliberate slur on other fans.

it always just seemed more of a natural “tick” to me. Never got any sense of malice ..he always seemed too busy scoring goals to worry about that sort of stuff

Did he not return your Xmas card one year ? [emoji2][emoji6]

Since452
08-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Im guessing you think Alan Shearer used to do a Nazi salute to the opposition fans every time he scored?

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Dearie me!

Hiber-nation
08-08-2019, 11:10 AM

I'm more than happy to join the utterly naive camp.

Comparing Larsson to the likes of Souness and Busby. Jings!

HoboHarry
08-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Did Larsson sleep with your sister or something?

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 11:17 AM
I'm more than happy to join the utterly naive camp.

Comparing Larsson to the likes of Souness and Busby. Jings!

We are not saying they are all alike. There different things about players you may not like. Busby and Souness hackers. Henderson a diver.

Larson stopped his tongue celebration after receiving repeated complaints from parents that their children were copying him winding up other children and getting into trouble. Larson in his usual arrogant way ignored the parents for some time.

Compare his celebrations to Sauzee. In the Millennium derby he scored at the Hearts end but ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the Hibs. Hibs class.

Hibee87
08-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Im guessing you think Alan Shearer used to do a Nazi salute to the opposition fans every time he scored?

You should have seen the scenes at a Kiss concert I went to. Soon as Gene popped on stage the whole crowd left in an absolute offended rage at seeing him stick his tongue out.

Oh and to FilipinoHibs :na na:

WeeRussell
08-08-2019, 11:21 AM

By all accounts a classy player and person. All accounts except yours it seems.

Entitled to your opinion, but do you not think his celebration annoyed you because you seen it that much... as he scored SO many goals. There's been plenty of players acting like fuds in short and long spells for both sides of the ugly sisters. Larsson was annoying as he was so good for a team we hate.

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Did Larsson sleep with your sister or something?

No but my police friend said he had reputation for low balling the street prostitutes in Leith.

My sister that was Nadal. She is still bragging about it��

WeeRussell
08-08-2019, 11:24 AM
No but my police friend said he had reputation for low balling the street prostitutes in Leith.

My sister that was Nadal. She is still bragging about it��

Is he/she still allowed to enter the US open later this month?

FilipinoHibs
08-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Is he/she still allowed to enter the US open later this month?

No Nadal's wife to be has put her foot down.

Since452
08-08-2019, 11:30 AM
I've not been offended by anyone sticking their tongue out at me since i was in primary 2

bigwheel
08-08-2019, 11:31 AM
I've not been offended by anyone sticking their tongue out at me since i was in primary 2

Sorry mate , but you were cheating at “heads down , thumbs up” [emoji2]

HibsGW
08-08-2019, 11:32 AM

😜

Turnbullsmate
08-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Did he?

Indeed he did Lucy, i was heid barman at Jim Leightons testimomonial "do" at the Marriott, Glasgow Road. Robbo presented himself at the bar at which point i said "you're no gettin ****ing served" he countered "you'll be a hibby then?" i mellowed when he ordered a Bailleys and told me to take a drink for myself.

Odd thing was that night that while the bulk of ex pro's and the likes mixed, Robbo sat at the bar alone chatting to me.

Since452
08-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Unpopular opinion....

Fernando Ricksen

I agree. Grade A roaster of a man.

JimBHibees
08-08-2019, 12:37 PM
We are not saying they are all alike. There different things about players you may not like. Busby and Souness hackers. Henderson a diver.

Larson stopped his tongue celebration after receiving repeated complaints from parents that their children were copying him winding up other children and getting into trouble. Larson in his usual arrogant way ignored the parents for some time.

Compare his celebrations to Sauzee. In the Millennium derby he scored at the Hearts end but ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the Hibs. Hibs class.

:faf:

Keith_M
08-08-2019, 12:52 PM
I totally despised Ian Black of Hearts. He epitomised everything that was rotten about them.

Andy.1875
08-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Could make a rather large list but the players that top it are:

Graeme Souness
Willie Miller
John Colquhoun
John Robertson

California-Hibs
08-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Skacel, and not just because he was admittedly a good player, he was just a total ***** as a person. I used to work in David Lloyd's as a lifeguard and the guy would come in like he owned the place, refusing to get out of peoples way insisting them move to the side first, also refusing to get out the jacuzzi when the bubbles were off and when as approached and asked he would just look the other way and completely ignore you. I wanted to drown the b*tch.

When Griffiths scored the free kick and Caldwell the last minute winner at Tyne in 2013 he was at Dundee United.

He came in on the Monday for a swim and I couldn't believe it, he had his Hearts shorts on walking in from the changing room. I was up the far side I thought, no way am i missing this opportunity!

Phone out, youtube, right to Griffiths free kick with the commentator going daft, I played it right at the moment I crossed paths with him and shouted across to the other lifeguard on duty 'what a free kick that was against the Jambos (couldnt use any sweary words for obvious reasons) then Caldwell with the winner (turn back in Rudis direction and increased the decimals) was MAGIC!

He turned that big nose to the side to look at me but I didn't even give him the satisfaction and just continued walking off.

It's the small things in life....😊

You just know how many times we've had the upper hand in recent years, level playing field these days an all, couple years finishing above them, Horgan in the last derby at the dump etc that even though he's no longer with them he'll no doubt still be close with them and it'll all get under his skin! 👌

08-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Plenty odious characters over the years to chose from particularly of the OF and hearts persuasion but here are a few:

Rudi Skacel
John Terry
Ej Hadji Diouf
Kyle Lafferty
Andy Halliday
Ian Black
Neil Lennon as a player

Keith_M
08-08-2019, 05:25 PM
I'm updating my previous answer to both Kenny and Ian Black.

They truly were both masters of the Black Arts.

08-08-2019, 05:26 PM
I totally despised Ian Black of Hearts. He epitomised everything that was rotten about them.

Horrible, arrogant little scrote with very little ability to actually back it up.

I'll never forget the 4-0 game v Rangers at ER a few years back when Scotty Allan absolutely rang rings around him and literally left him on his arse. You could just see the anger and frustration building and building up in Black that day as he couldn't even close to Allan. He was taken off before he was sent off that day because he was building up to a horrific tackle on someone as he had no clue what else to do. He booted the dugout when he came off IIRC. We made an absolute mug of him that day and showed him up to be the horrible wee imposter he really is.

Hiber-nation
08-08-2019, 05:51 PM
I'm updating my previous answer to both Kenny and Ian Black.

They truly were both masters of the Black Arts.

Kenny Black was an absolute thug.

Let's not forget that jambo nonentity Ally Mauchlen for his cowardly stamp on Jacko's chest.

California-Hibs
08-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Watch Ian Black on open goal, makes me hate him even more now, complete rat of a human!

snedzuk
08-08-2019, 11:06 PM

Could've been a gesture to Mrs Larsson.

Hibernia&Alba
09-08-2019, 05:26 AM
Skacel, and not just because he was admittedly a good player, he was just a total ***** as a person. I used to work in David Lloyd's as a lifeguard and the guy would come in like he owned the place, refusing to get out of peoples way insisting them move to the side first, also refusing to get out the jacuzzi when the bubbles were off and when as approached and asked he would just look the other way and completely ignore you. I wanted to drown the b*tch.

When Griffiths scored the free kick and Caldwell the last minute winner at Tyne in 2013 he was at Dundee United.

He came in on the Monday for a swim and I couldn't believe it, he had his Hearts shorts on walking in from the changing room. I was up the far side I thought, no way am i missing this opportunity!

Phone out, youtube, right to Griffiths free kick with the commentator going daft, I played it right at the moment I crossed paths with him and shouted across to the other lifeguard on duty 'what a free kick that was against the Jambos (couldnt use any sweary words for obvious reasons) then Caldwell with the winner (turn back in Rudis direction and increased the decimals) was MAGIC!

He turned that big nose to the side to look at me but I didn't even give him the satisfaction and just continued walking off.

It's the small things in life....😊

You just know how many times we've had the upper hand in recent years, level playing field these days an all, couple years finishing above them, Horgan in the last derby at the dump etc that even though he's no longer with them he'll no doubt still be close with them and it'll all get under his skin! 👌

:top marks

Since90+2
09-08-2019, 05:37 AM

I've read this twice and I genuinely still can't make out if it's a joke or not?

Mixu62
09-08-2019, 05:42 AM
Kenny Black was an absolute thug.

Let's not forget that jambo nonentity Ally Mauchlen for his cowardly stamp on Jacko's chest.

I remember that, I was there that night but couldn't remember which mutant is was. Was thinking it was Pascal Bruno (another thug guilty of impersonating a footballer).

Who was that ugly red-faced muppet hertz had at centre half back in the late 90's/early 00's. McLaren? Forget his first name. Greasy curly hair and a face like kebab meat.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2019, 05:51 AM
I remember that, I was there that night but couldn't remember which mutant is was. Was thinking it was Pascal Bruno (another thug guilty of impersonating a footballer).

Who was that ugly red-faced muppet hertz had at centre half back in the late 90's/early 00's. McLaren? Forget his first name. Greasy curly hair and a face like kebab meat.
Alan MacLaren

Only played for two clubs the yams and the Hun

Had to retire at 27 through injury

I think he hurt himself trying to foul someone sorry tackle someone IIRC :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
09-08-2019, 05:52 AM
Is Ally Mauchlen the guy who played for Motherwell and was notorious as a complete nutter?

Hiber-nation
09-08-2019, 06:20 AM
Is Ally Mauchlen the guy who played for Motherwell and was notorious as a complete nutter?

Aye, good article here. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-jambo-ally-mauchlen-only-the-hearts-fans-didn-t-like-me-1-4243391

Seems a decent enough guy so I might revise my opinion!

Jim44
09-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Too many villains of the peace in recent years to single out individuals but going back a few years, Dave Bowman was an out and out rotter and, maybe not so obvious to some folk, Steve Kirk really got up my nose with his petulance, perpetual moaning and and sneakiness. Got the impression, for some reason, that he really hated Hibs.

FilipinoHibs
09-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Leighton, Miller & Mcleish when they played together for Aberdeen. Hated the gamesmanship and they way they run games. Fergie loved to stuff us.

Miller still a p***k.

One Day
09-08-2019, 10:45 AM
I just hate everyone that doesn't play for Hibs, it saves time

Turnbullsmate
09-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Leighton, Miller & Mcleish when they played together for Aberdeen. Hated the gamesmanship and they way they run games. Fergie loved to stuff us.
Miller still a p***k.

Don't think Fergie ever got over Roy Barry calling him a big jessie/lassie.

rodhibs55
09-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Steven Naismith
Ryan Jack

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2019, 01:29 AM
Don't think Fergie ever got over Roy Barry calling him a big jessie/lassie.

Roy Barry was my Landord. Never missed a rent payment🙄

McD
10-08-2019, 06:16 AM
Lennon the player
chris sutton
barry Ferguson
Gary locke
Davie weir
zaliukis
skacel
lafferty