PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INJURY UPDATE: TOM JAMES

RSS Bot
07-08-2019, 12:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10194)

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 12:41 PM
I hope we're not in for another season like the last one.

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 12:42 PM

Wonder if the SFA or the SPFL will "punish" us for that dig about the late challenge? Nice to see the club putting the focus on the fouler who was shockingly let off without a booking.

Golden Bear
07-08-2019, 12:43 PM
It was a disgraceful tackle which merited a red card.

Get well soon Tam.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2019, 12:48 PM
It was a disgraceful tackle which merited a red card.

Get well soon Tam.

Yet didn’t even get a yellow. And would never have happened had the ref gave us a free kick on the edge of the box 10 seconds earlier for a not dissimilar challenge on Allan.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2019, 12:49 PM
We seriously have no luck with injuries.

It's incredible.

Diclonius
07-08-2019, 12:50 PM
It's good to see our new players are blending in with the rest of the squad at the treatment table.

Shocking luck. :bitchy:

Stuart93
07-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Has gray been back training? Wonder how far away he is

matty_f
07-08-2019, 12:56 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck with injuries.

DarlingtonHibee
07-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Has gray been back training? Wonder how far away he is

Think still two three weeks yet, according to pH

sean04
07-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Does anybody have a video of the challenge?

Garymcl
07-08-2019, 01:07 PM
And yet this morning it was reported he could be available for Saturday :confused::confused: wtf

Cameron1875
07-08-2019, 01:10 PM
They should have retrospective action for challenges like that. If the clowns that referee in Scottish football don't think that is even a yellow then they should be overruled by technology.

Poor James and hope he is back soon as Gray won't be back for a bit apparently.

Whittaker was great at the weekend but Ibrox is a different situation all together. Could be a tough old day.

Alex Trager
07-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I’ve said it on here before, it was an appalling challenge and I was astounded that they never received at least a yellow card.

Disappointed that he is out because I felt he was looking good on Saturday.

green day
07-08-2019, 01:15 PM
I’ve said it on here before, it was an appalling challenge and I was astounded that they never received at least a yellow card.

Also would never have happened if the incompetent ref had stopped the match 10 seconds earlier for the challenge on Allan on the edge of the box.

Hopeless ****er

Since452
07-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Our bad luck with injuries has been incredible over the last 12-14 months

MB62
07-08-2019, 01:24 PM
What new on Boyler's operation?

Stuart93
07-08-2019, 01:24 PM
I’d imagine we’ll play Whitaker there then, who I actually thought had a really good game on Saturday.

Hopefully he can keep it up

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Our bad luck with injuries has been incredible over the last 12-14 months

Apparently every team have them, and under no circumstances can they be used as an excuse.

HibsGW
07-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Obviously this was a bad challenge but it’s getting to the point I’m thinking can we call it bad luck anymore? As someone’s said it’s been over a year now that we’ve consistently had first teamers in and out of the team, wonder if there’s anything we should be adjusting in training or something like that 🤷🏼*♂️

superfurryhibby
07-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Obviously this was a bad challenge but it’s getting to the point I’m thinking can we call it bad luck anymore? As someone’s said it’s been over a year now that we’ve consistently had first teamers in and out of the team, wonder if there’s anything we should be adjusting in training or something like that 🤷🏼*♂️

As you say bad challenge, like the other injuries arising from bad challenges, not much we can do about it really. How many injuries are training related?

wookie70
07-08-2019, 01:38 PM
I don't think it's luck I think it is to do with opposition teams kicking us off the park. The referees should be wise to the tactics by now but seem to wait for three or four bad fouls in the game by the opposition before booking a Hibs player for a relatively innocuous
foul. As an earlier poster said the foul on Allan shortly before this being unpunished contributed to James' injury. The refs are at least partly at fault for our injury crisis.

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Inferior team kicks superior team to level the playing field. Works in Scotland as the refs are so weak. The officials are making worse decisions than last season from what I’ve seen so far.

HibsGW
07-08-2019, 01:41 PM
As you say bad challenge, like the other injuries arising from bad challenges, not much we can do about it really. How many injuries are training related?

It might just be how we feel with it being our team but I wonder if other teams in the league have had to deal with as many injuries over the past year or so. Are we on the receiving end of more poor tackles than other teams? I get the feeling that other teams don’t suffer nearly as many injuries as we seem to just now, could be totally wrong of course though as I don’t see every teams games every week

B.H.F.C
07-08-2019, 01:44 PM
I don't think it's luck I think it is to do with opposition teams kicking us off the park. The referees should be wise to the tactics by now but seem to wait for three or four bad fouls in the game by the opposition before booking a Hibs player for a relatively innocuous
foul. As an earlier poster said the foul on Allan shortly before this being unpunished contributed to James' injury. The refs are at least partly at fault for our injury crisis.

I’m not so sure that’s the case. I don’t think we’re that good that teams go out to boot us up and down the place any more than they do against other teams.

I don’t think too many of our injuries have been sustained as the result of bad tackles other than James’s.

wookie70
07-08-2019, 01:45 PM
It might just be how we feel with it being our team but I wonder if other teams in the league have had to deal with as many injuries over the past year or so. Are we on the receiving end of more poor tackles than other teams? I get the feeling that other teams don’t suffer nearly as many injuries as we seem to just now, could be totally wrong of course though as I don’t see every teams games every week

We don't often see other teams players getting injured because of challenges by Hibs players. It is becoming more regular that Hibs players are getting injured due to tackles from opposition players. The one on James was a shocker and the referee needs to take a look at his performance along with most of his colleagues. I think the way refs deal with constant fouling and serious foul play in Scotland is one of the reasons our teams perform so poorly in Europe.

HibsGW
07-08-2019, 01:49 PM
I’m not so sure that’s the case. I don’t think we’re that good that teams go out to boot us up and down the place any more than they do against other teams.

I don’t think too many of our injuries have been sustained as the result of bad tackles other than James’s.

I’d be inclined to say the same. I could understand that against Celtic but i feel like it’d be bias from our point of view to feel like teams are kicking us off the park because of our superior footballing abilities. Aberdeen have finished above us consistently over the past few years, do you think they feel like we give them a kicking?

HibsGW
07-08-2019, 01:51 PM
We don't often see other teams players getting injured because of challenges by Hibs players. It is becoming more regular that Hibs players are getting injured due to tackles from opposition players. The one on James was a shocker and the referee needs to take a look at his performance along with most of his colleagues. I think the way refs deal with constant fouling and serious foul play in Scotland is one of the reasons our teams perform so poorly in Europe.

I definitely agree that the refereeing doesn’t help, as you say it’s allowed to go on for too long before cards are introduced which does make it an effective tactic when you’re playing superior opposition. I just dont think there’s that many teams in our league who’d view us as superior enough to employ trying to kick us off the park, other than maybe your St Mirren and Hamilton

jax67
07-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Get well soon Tam!!👍💚

The 90+2
07-08-2019, 01:57 PM
If this was any of the Glasgow clubs it would have been on all media and the st Mirren player cited by now.

Back stronger Tom.

JohnMcM
07-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Get well soon Tam!!👍💚

:aok:

Sioux
07-08-2019, 02:39 PM
I definitely agree that the refereeing doesn’t help, as you say it’s allowed to go on for too long before cards are introduced which does make it an effective tactic when you’re playing superior opposition. I just dont think there’s that many teams in our league who’d view us as superior enough to employ trying to kick us off the park, other than maybe your St Mirren and Hamilton

What about hertz?

CraigHibee
07-08-2019, 02:41 PM
seasons only just started and we are 2 players down already who will be out for a considerable time, not the start we were looking for tbh, speedy recovery tom

King Cosell
07-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Thought Whittaker was out best player on Saturday and he was fine in the Legue Cup games but the thought of him at full back on Sunday terrifies me. I'd go 3-5-2 with Mackie & Horgan/Slivka wing backs.

staunchhibby
07-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Hoped maybe compliance officer would have looked at that appalling tackle on James or its just another under the carpet brush.

Since452
07-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Who are we going for for next injury? I'll say Doidge 6 months.

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 03:02 PM
It's ridiculous that a Hibs player received a yellow but they had at least two fouls that were much worse and got nothing.

Torto7
07-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Thought Whittaker was out best player on Saturday and he was fine in the Legue Cup games but the thought of him at full back on Sunday terrifies me. I'd go 3-5-2 with Mackie & Horgan/Slivka wing backs.

Funny the idea of Whittaker not playing terrifies me. There's no chance from what we've seen of PH so far of us playing 3 at the back even though there is an argument to deploy that system against them.

Therefore leaving out our most experienced fullback when we have a bit of a crisis in this area would be folly in my mind. Mackie concerns me far more, I'm still not convinced fullback is his position going forward.

Any chance of Lewis making a flying recovery?

PH91
07-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Funny the idea of Whittaker not playing terrifies me. There's no chance from what we've seen of PH so far of us playing 3 at the back even though there is an argument to deploy that system against them.

Therefore leaving out our most experienced fullback when we have a bit of a crisis in this area would be folly in my mind. Mackie concerns me far more, I'm still not convinced fullback is his position going forward.

Agreed. The option is there to put big daz in and move Hanlon to lb and play a more defensive game. I don't think Hecky will do that, though. He seems to put faith in the younger players so i reckon mackie will start.

Vault Boy
07-08-2019, 03:31 PM
That's gutting. Hopefully he makes a full and swift recovery.

Now for Lewis/SDG to step up from injury and play with an on form Whittaker.

jacomo
07-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Really? I think he’s quite good going forward, it’s his defensive positioning which is more of a concern.

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 05:14 PM

How about we play with Marciano in goals then Jackson, Daz and Porto across the back with the WBs being Whittaker and Hanlon, with Vela, Slivka, Mallan and Allan behind Kamberi with Horgan, Murray, Mackie, Doige, Gullan and Max on the bench?

HibeeJude
07-08-2019, 05:28 PM
How about we play with Marciano in goals then Jackson, Daz and Porto across the back with the WBs being Whittaker and Hanlon, with Vela, Slivka, Mallan and Allan behind Kamberi with Horgan, Murray, Mackie, Doige, Gullan and Max on the bench?
Hanlon and Whittaker as wingbacks at Ibrox would be utter suicide, not to mention how short of pace that team is

Torto7
07-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Really? I think he’s quite good going forward, it’s his defensive positioning which is more of a concern.

That's what makes me think his future at fullback is iffy. I think he has ability and like you say is good going forward but he lacks awareness and struggles with the angles a fullback encounters. It's hard to know if it's him just getting to know the position as he was a midfielder I think in the youths? Or if he's just not suited to fullback.

Torto7
07-08-2019, 05:36 PM

One thing that would counter would be their ability in the air which seems to be their primary weapon at the moment. 3 or 5 at the back isn't likely to happen though. I agree with HibbyJude that Hanlon would struggle playing LWB.