PDA

View Full Version : Dr Budge and the US investor

HibbyDave
06-08-2019, 06:18 AM
According to EEN, the good doctor was approached by a US based investor but she turned them down.
She said she “genuinely does not know if it wee Ron”

Anything to take the heat off her Craigie boy?
Surely she kept records of the call and could easily release details especially since she turned them down.

Since90+2
06-08-2019, 06:32 AM
According to EEN, the good doctor was approached by a US based investor but she turned them down.

Surely she kept records of the call and could easily release details especially since she turned them down.

So she was approached by someone looking to invest in her club but didn't even bother to find out who it was ?

Sure you did Budgie , sure you did.

calumhibee1
06-08-2019, 06:40 AM
She’s also claiming that Leeann regularly approaches her for help and she obliges. She has never had to ask Leeann but she’s sure she’d do the same if she ever needed it.

As above, sure thing Budgie. Does everyone connected with that club feel the need to make up absolute pish about how they turned down Hibs or how Hibs came crawling to them etc? Ian Black has been claiming he turned down Hibs about 4 or 5 times recently aswell.

Libby Hibby
06-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Of course you did Ann...she’s an absolute slaver and Banderson is her megaphone.

Col2
06-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Nice wee made up story by Queen Ann.

Enough to make it sound like she rejected what Hibs accepted and to suggest she has the best interest for Hearts. However even IF true, given they are supposedly going to be fan owned next year, does she not have a duty to consider what the fans might want especially if this was significant investment?

Ms Budge is not going to give away HER club. It’s her club and don’t anyone forget it!

eastmainsmsh
06-08-2019, 06:43 AM
she fancied Craig so made him manager Ann im a storyteller budge

Treadstone
06-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Next week "we were offered Scott Allan"

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 06:56 AM

Clearly made up. Ron at Hibs vs Rangers in early March long before her spring approach. A slur against Hibs and want to stop the FOH donations drying up. Why would LD ask her for help? She has been CEO at football clubs much longer than Budge. The woman is a complete slaver.

Not In The Know
06-08-2019, 07:00 AM
What a pathetic thing to say. They are obsessed. “Yeah Gordon wanted to buy Hearts because we are well better, but i wouldn’t let him so he had to buy Hibs instead.”

Total B. S. It’s documented that Gordon had been in advanced talks with Hibs for a long time.
He was even at the Rangers match at the start of March.

Since90+2
06-08-2019, 07:09 AM
She’s also claiming that Leeann regularly approaches her for help and she obliges. She has never had to ask Leeann but she’s sure she’d do the same if she ever needed it.

As above, sure thing Budgie. Does everyone connected with that club feel the need to make up absolute pish about how they turned down Hibs or how Hibs came crawling to them etc? Ian Black has been claiming he turned down Hibs about 4 or 5 times recently aswell.

To be fair the Dempster thing I can see being true because if it's not then Leeann won't be short in calling her out on it.

The question there would be why does she feel the need to.

Eaststandee
06-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Absolute weirdos from top to bottom at that club

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Squirrel 1875
06-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Well, considering Ron had already attended a Hibs game by Spring (home against Rangers) I doubt this is the same US investor, unless he had a representative contact a number of clubs to gauge interest.

I don’t think Budge is lying, I just doubt it was a concrete “we want to invest in you over absolutely everyone” kind of chat as I doubt Ron would have already been attending Hibs games with Dempster.

Vault Boy
06-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Since we've finished above them two years on the trot and have won a major trophy much more recently than they have, you'd think it'd be the other way round.

Ah well, Ann's excellent advice seems to be working a treat, so keep it up!

PatHead
06-08-2019, 07:22 AM
To be fair the Dempster thing I can see being true because if it's not then Leeann won't be short in calling her out on it.

Depends on what she means by help. Last season a joint statement was issued after trouble at the Hearts game. Maybe that came at Leanne's suggestion and Queen Anne "helped" her.

It is noticeable how Leeann always goes in the away end at Tynecastle and avoids the directors box.

neil7908
06-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Absolute cringe worthy stuff of the highest order.

NC1875
06-08-2019, 07:33 AM
A big gob***** like her wee boyfriend Craig. And as for Barry Anderson. He’s the biggest gob***** of them all

Bostonhibby
06-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Embarrassing attention seeking stuff even for them.

I suppose it's possible Dempster couldn't get her laptop to fire up and Mrs doctor Budge flew in to save the day.

Maybe we're talking a South American investor here? There's definitely mind altering substances involved.

PatHead
06-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Having read the article it would not surprise me if it was RG. If I was going to buy a foreign football club I would look around to see what was available.He probably enquired about Dundee United as well.
Given the choice of Hearts or Hibs irrespective of what QA said I think I would have been more attracted to Hibs anyway. Mainly down to the completed infrastructure, club on the up, higher attendance, recent European qualifications and recent cup win.
Wouldn't surprise me if some of the story is Banderson spin.

Not In The Know
06-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Depends on what she means by help. Last season a joint statement was issued after trouble at the Hearts game. Maybe that came at Leanne's suggestion and Queen Anne "helped" her.

It is noticeable how Leeann always goes in the away end at Tynecastle and avoids the directors box.

Thats probably because they don’t have a directors box at tiny castle. They have a section of seats they use somewhere above the plastic shoe boxes the press put their laptops in on rainy days.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 07:44 AM

I suppose it's possible Dempster couldn't get her laptop to fire up and Mrs doctor Budge flew in to save the day.

Maybe we're talking a South American investor here? There's definitely mind altering substances involved.

I gather Scotland is the European centre of mind altering substances. No need to slur the South Americans,plenty of drug money in Scotland.

cocteautwin
06-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Nice wee made up story by Queen Ann.

Enough to make it sound like she rejected what Hibs accepted and to suggest she has the best interest for Hearts. However even IF true, given they are supposedly going to be fan owned next year, does she not have a duty to consider what the fans might want especially if this was significant investment?

Ms Budge is not going to give away HER club. It’s her club and don’t anyone forget it!

You mean they aren't yet fan owned even though fans have put in more than £20m since Admin to fund the club? That's clever.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2019, 07:48 AM
I gather Scotland is the European centre of mind altering substances. No need to slur the South Americans,plenty of drug money in Scotland.No slur intended. Just speculating re the American link and drugs have been known to come from that region.

Tug Wilson
06-08-2019, 07:48 AM
I can soon see it being both JKB and Hibs.net myth that Ron Gordon really wanted to buy Hearts and Hibs were 2nd choice.

Lots of US investors out there but even Forth 1 trying to infer it was Ron.

Sounds BS to me.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2019, 07:55 AM
It reminds me of when Romanov was going to buy Hibs but decided to run Hearts into the ground instead.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 07:55 AM
No slur intended. Just speculating re the American link and drugs have been known to come from that region.

Yes from experience South American drug money tries to wash through legitimate European transactions. Interesting Brazil homicide rate which is frighteningly high because of an increase in poverty is almost matches Scotland's drug death rate. But and EN are obviously smoking something strange. Ron is Peruvian by the way, now the primary source of cocaine.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Yes from experience South American drug money tries to wash through legitimate European transactions. Interesting Brazil homicide rate which is frighteningly high because of an increase in poverty is almost matches Scotland's drug death rate. But and EN are obviously smoking something strange. Ron is Peruvian by the way, now the primary source of cocaine.[emoji106]

06-08-2019, 07:57 AM
She's "promised" to hand over the club to the fans. Is there no contractual agreement? She met the representative face to face to say she'd be passing the club over to the fans and it then became a cosy chat. So actually she was wasting their time from the outset or she was actually genuinely considering selling up and not passing on the club to the fans.

So there you are, if the meeting happened, she was considering selling up. Now she is spinning a yarn which the gullibles will be lapping up.

Would either side set up such a meeting without have had an initial discussion about possible terms? Particularly if one of them has to come over from the US to immediately receive a flat "No deal!". Calling BS on this one.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Yes from experience South American drug money tries to wash through legitimate European transactions. Interesting Brazil homicide rate which is frighteningly high because of an increase in poverty is almost matches Scotland's drug death rate. But and EN are obviously smoking something strange. Ron is Peruvian by the way, now the primary source of cocaine.

Do you ever have anything decent to say about Scotland?

Itsnoteasy
06-08-2019, 08:05 AM

To see how they got there new office block turnstile barcodes working 1st time.

wookie70
06-08-2019, 08:15 AM

I suspect she goes in the away end at Tiny to keep an eye on how our fans behave, that would be poorly in recent times, and to see what Hearts fans behaviour towards us is like. Again, that would be very poor. Hopefully LD and the Tartan Jacket are working out a way to stop idiots throwing missiles and pyro, getting on the pitch and laying hands on players.

we are hibs
06-08-2019, 08:32 AM
See she thinks there can be a "working relationship" between hibs and hearts. Dont want any kind of relationship with that club. Tell them to **** off

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 08:33 AM

It is a reality about Scotland being drug capital and drug death capital of western world. So it is ironic when Scots slur South Americans as being drug lords etc. I am half South American but get that racist stereotype all the time. Not far from what Trump says about us.

I was brought up in Scotland and lived there most of my life. I love the people, the culture and the cooler weather. Our frank honesty but there is still a lot of racist stereotyping going and I will always stand up to that no matter where it comes from

Keith_M
06-08-2019, 08:38 AM
phone rings...

'Hello, I would like to invest money in your club'

'Nah, you're aw right pal'

...hangs-up

'Aw crap, Ah forgot to ask who it woz!'

BSEJVT
06-08-2019, 08:51 AM

Let’s have a think about that

On the one hand we have Leeann a seasoned well respected CEO and on the other hand we have daft old bint who has totally tucked up the building of a stand

WTF would Leeann will be asking her for advice?

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 08:58 AM

On the one hand we have Leeann a seasoned well respected CEO and on the other hand we have daft old bint who has totally tucked up the building of a stand

Maybes LD was asking for details of Granny's tailor because she wanted to recover the seats in the dugouts at ER in the style of an OAP's tartan tat jaiket?

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Exactly, the twits over Gorgie way are lapping it up. We were second choice. LD needs Budge's help etc.

Since452
06-08-2019, 09:01 AM
We were 2nd choice hahahahhahahah aye right dream on ya wallopers

Since452
06-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Remember when Dunfermline Athletic were Romanov's first choice

calumhibee1
06-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Budgie bought Hearts and her money saved them. Since then she’s not really done much of note for them. Not a bad job, but not great especially when you see that she sacked their only successful manager and has appointed two absolute huddys since.

LD already had experience of running a football club, she turned around an absolute mess at our club, won the Scottish Cup for the first time in over a century, qualified for Europe twice and had us with our highest ever points total. I very much doubt she needs Budgies help. They may well discuss things together that would be mutually beneficial and they may well have a good working relationship. But there’s not a chance an experienced football CEO is asking for a hand at running a football club off her.

JimBHibees
06-08-2019, 09:04 AM
phone rings...

'Hello, I would like to invest money in your club'

'Nah, you're aw right pal'

...hangs-up

'Aw crap, Ah forgot to ask who it woz!'

:faf::faf:

Very crass comments from Budge IMO must be worried about their start to the season.

Kato
06-08-2019, 09:09 AM
I can soon see it being both JKB and Hibs.net myth that Ron Gordon really wanted to buy Hearts and Hibs were 2nd choice.

Lots of US investors out there but even Forth 1 trying to infer it was Ron.

Sounds BS to me.

Sleekit inferences from Hearts fans and the club. Guaranteed madey up nonsense.

malcolm
06-08-2019, 09:25 AM
It is a reality about Scotland being drug capital and drug death capital of western world. So it is ironic when Scots slur South Americans as being drug lords etc. I am half South American but get that racist stereotype all the time. Not far from what Trump says about us.

I was brought up in Scotland and lived there most of my life. I love the people, the culture and the cooler weather. Our frank honesty but there is still a lot of racist stereotyping going and I will always stand up to that no matter where it comes from

I would have thought that the fact that the cocaine plant grows almost exclusively in northern and western South America (with Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Chile main producers of illegal cocaine), might have been an understandable basis from which to make the jocular remark involving connection with mind altering substances. It is not racist stereotyping it is geographical - take a seat and relax.:wink:

Scotland with the level of deaths, is a victim of this trade but based on analysis of sewage it seems that Bristol is worst in Europe for cocaine and Erfurt in Germany the worst for amphetamine consumption. Associating drugs with steaming jungles is a more pleasant thought than associating it with steaming scheiße!

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 09:48 AM
I would have thought that the fact that the cocaine plant grows almost exclusively in northern and western South America (with Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Chile main producers of illegal cocaine), might have been an understandable basis from which to make the jocular remark involving connection with mind altering substances. It is not racist stereotyping it is geographical - take a seat and relax.:wink:

Scotland with the level of deaths, is a victim of this trade but based on analysis of sewage it seems that Bristol is worst in Europe for cocaine and Erfurt in Germany the worst for amphetamine consumption. Associating drugs with steaming jungles is a more pleasant thought than associating it with steaming scheiße!

Scotland's drug problem is heroin. Comes from Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is the Scottish drug gangs who bring it in to Scotland and distribute it. Not the farmers and chain from Asia. But if you fall into the trap that south americans are drug dealers, the that is the stereotype that the white supremists use along with some others. Majoirity of South American investors are above board. Ron being one So if Scottish investor wants to buy a company does he get tarred as a violent, heavy drinking drug user. Or a manufacturer of whisky a drug that causes harm all over the world?

PatHead
06-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Remember when Dunfermline Athletic were Romanov's first choice

Not to mentionboth Dundee and Dundee United. Hearts only took him because they were already in the last chance saloon.

Gloucester Hibs
06-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Has Budge and Banderson got one of these “Hearts good news stories” prepared for the week after every game they get pumped in? They may need a few. Pathetic deflection tactics.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Hopefully Ron will comment on this and put the rats back in their cages.

Carheenlea
06-08-2019, 09:58 AM
It’s always a risky game to make up stories without firstly checking your story fits into place with timelines etc - She’s blundered here. Maybe not as big a blunder as appointing Craig Levein, but a blunder none the less.

06-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Seems like Budge may have been exploring options to sell up. Would no doubt make a tidy profit now they've got a shiny new £18m stand.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Hopefully Ron will comment on this and put the rats back in their cages.

Yes will probably do it in a coded, diplomatic way. "I looked at other opportunities in England and Europe but Hibs had everything in place and great potential".

Hibs4185
06-08-2019, 10:05 AM
There was a story last week where old Budgie was saying the footballing structure at the Duncan’s wasn’t great. Basically everything went through Levein and he wasn’t the most organised.

They were now trying to implement a more professional structure.

Leeann on the other hand spent a few years at Motherwell where she achieved a good reputation for running a football club. Was scouted by RP and came into hibs amd transformed everything about hibs and made us one of the most professional teams around.

Leeann mentioned in an interview after a derby that the clubs do speak, but if anyone is getting advice then it’s that old delusional bat over in Gorgie.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 10:05 AM
How about a banner att the next derby:

"ROMANOV'S 3RD CHOICE".

GreenCastle
06-08-2019, 10:08 AM
If I was a yam fan (thankfully not) I would be asking serious questions.

Ron or not..

Why didn’t we explore this option?
Have we missed out on a great deal to secure club for future?

Full fan ownership isn’t the way forward and is a risky strategy.

I’m sure Ron will be asked if this is true next time he’s spoken to.

Budgie like Levein and the yams are made for each other - zero class and attention seeking making up for the poor job (stand over spend and not finished) they are both doing on and off the pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2019, 10:10 AM
The fan ownership model laid bare right there. If Budge did turn down Ron Gordon or another US investor because she had promised to hand the club over to the fans, what effect could that have in the long term? The fan ownership model is cute and cuddly, but its not going to make you competitive in the long run against clubs with big outside investment, which is why over time I became less and less a fan of Hibs going down that route.

That aside, say you are a guy with a few bob to spend and you are looking for a club to buy with two options.

Option A) … A club with a good support but no discernable growth in that support for around 5 years. A club with a 19,000 capacity stadium but absolutely no prospect of increasing the capacity of said stadium without spending an eye watering amount of money even to add 2 or 3 thousand seats. A club with no training facilities of its own spending a fair wedge every year for a facility that in reality they cant access whenever they want to.

Option B) A club with a support which has grown impressively over a 3 year period showing that the potential to grow it even more is a possibility. A club with a 20,000 capacity stadium with the potential to increase that capacity by 2 or 3 thousand without spending anything like the amount you would have to on option 'A' …. Not to mention scope to turn said stadium into a truly impressive venue aesthetically way beyond what you could do with option 'A'

A club with its own training centre which its staff and players can access 24/7 and the possibility that it could even be used to generate income.

Which club would you choose :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 10:13 AM
The fan ownership model laid bare right there. If Budge did turn down Ron Gordon or another US investor because she had promised to hand the club over to the fans, what effect could that have in the long term? The fan ownership model is cute and cuddly, but its not going to make you competitive in the long run against clubs with big outside investment, which is why over time I became less and less a fan of Hibs going down that route.

That aside, say you are a guy with a few bob to spend and you are looking for a club to buy with two options.

Option A) … A club with a good support but no discernable growth in that support for around 5 years. A club with a 19,000 capacity stadium but absolutely no prospect of increasing the capacity of said stadium without spending an eye watering amount of money even to add 2 or 3 thousand seats. A club with no training facilities of its own spending a fair wedge every year for a facility that in reality they cant access whenever they want to.

Option B) A club with a support which has grown impressively over a 3 year period showing that the potential to grow it even more is a possibility. A club with a 20,000 capacity stadium with the potential to increase that capacity by 2 or 3 thousand without spending anything like the amount you would have to on option 'A' …. Not to mention scope to turn said stadium into a truly impressive venue aesthetically way beyond what you could do with option 'A'

A club with its own training centre which its staff and players can access 24/7 and the possibility that it could even be used to generate income.

B

Kato
06-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Has Budge and Banderson got one of these “Hearts good news stories” prepared for the week after every game they get pumped in? They may need a few. Pathetic deflection tactics.

It's been part of the EEN since at least the 80's, poor result = some puff piece in the sports pages to placate the sparryheids.

GreenCastle
06-08-2019, 10:17 AM

I still find it hilarious they spent £16 million plus for a single new stand with no scope to grow the stadium further and maintained the smallest 5 a side pitch in the league. Desperation to get things done in the short term without actually having a proper plan to finish it.

Makes me laugh when they say our (Oriam / Heriot Watt and a facility the yams didn’t spend a single penny on) training academy. They are all smoke and mirrors.

weecounty hibby
06-08-2019, 10:19 AM
How about a banner att the next derby:

"ROMANOV'S 3RD CHOICE".
4th choice! Told to bolt by Dundee, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline before both he and the Jambos started scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Kato
06-08-2019, 10:20 AM
I still find it hilarious they spent £16 million plus for a single new stand with no scope to grow the stadium further and maintained the smallest 5 a side pitch in the league. Desperation to get things done in the short term without actually having a proper plan to finish it.

Makes me laugh when they say our (Oriam / Heriot Watt and a facility the yams didn’t spend a single penny on) training academy. They are all smoke and mirrors.

£1Million on a new pitch too.

weecounty hibby
06-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Tell me that's photoshopped and they're not going to have to play on that this weekend?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Caversham Green
06-08-2019, 10:27 AM
We were 2nd choice hahahahhahahah aye right dream on ya wallopers

Except that Ron's negotiations to buy Hibs shares were already well under way when the alleged meeting took place. so, if the meeting took place at all, and if it was Ron's representatives that approached the good doctor it was clearly just a back-up plan in case his first choice fell through.

The 90+2
06-08-2019, 10:27 AM
To be honest it would make sense to sound out both capital clubs to see if the were available and do background checks before deciding to invest. It probably wasn’t Ron Gordon directly, someone working on his behalf to find a suitable club to invest a substantial about of money into.

The timing of budges comments is complete heat deflection though.

If LD was to ask her advice it would be on the business side also as she’s the self proclaimed amazing businesswoman who hasn’t a clue about the football side of things.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2019, 10:28 AM

Indeed. Their decision to build that new stand in the way they did could well turn out to be a seriously bad move. The obsession to make the stadium uniform all the way around overrode the option to build up the way and have a 2 tier stand which could have had a capacity of 8,000 or more with proper corporate and press facilities … I cant help thinking its a decision they are regretting already, not that they will ever admit it of course … 'unique atmosphere' blah blah blah
:lolyam:

givescotlandfreedom
06-08-2019, 10:28 AM

I'd be surprised if it's true. LD has more experience in the industry (we got her from Motherwell) than Dr Budge.

Kato
06-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Tell me that's photoshopped and they're not going to have to play on that this weekend?🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's as reliable as twitter can be.

malcolm
06-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Scotland's drug problem is heroin. Comes from Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is the Scottish drug gangs who bring it in to Scotland and distribute it. Not the farmers and chain from Asia. But if you fall into the trap that south americans are drug dealers, the that is the stereotype that the white supremists use along with some others. Majoirity of South American investors are above board. Ron being one So if Scottish investor wants to buy a company does he get tarred as a violent, heavy drinking drug user. Or a manufacturer of whisky a drug that causes harm all over the world?

You aren’t half getting your knickers in a twist! You have made a leap of your own volition and bias to associate white suprematism to a jocular comment involving an accurate non racial geographical association to a well known source of illegal drugs. You are the only one tarring South American investors and suggesting that all South Americans are drug dealers.

Judging by previous comments about the two by two visits to the cubicles in the east stand I’d say that there is a problem here with cocaine too. It is also rather simplistic to describe the drug trade as a direct exchange between poor local farmers and big bad Scottish criminals. You are being unreasonable and really need to take a chill pill (legal of course). I can say nothing more about it.

hibee_girl
06-08-2019, 10:37 AM

Wow 😳

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2019, 10:40 AM

That picture simply cant have been taken recently … if it was they are in a bit of bother :greengrin

adhibs
06-08-2019, 10:45 AM
One game into the season and their cracking in both the boardroom and dug out already. :greengrin

H18 SFR
06-08-2019, 10:50 AM
That picture simply cant have been taken recently … if it was they are in a bit of bother :greengrin

After the weekends concert - Offt!

Treadstone
06-08-2019, 10:52 AM
I'd be surprised if it's true. LD has more experience in the industry (we got her from Motherwell) than Dr Budge.

Totally agree. LD has and had to do a good job in her career or face her employers. Imagine she built a stand that cost half as much more than original budget. She'd be out of a job and unlikely to work in the industry again.

we are hibs
06-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Werent motherwell fined for the state of their pitch a few years ago? How long will these clowns get away with their pitch being a joke? Levein will be rubbing his hands at it mind. Gives him an excuse to go long and will stop sides playing football ahainst them

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2019, 11:01 AM
After the weekends concert - Offt!

Wow. I recall us playing a European tie in July after a huge downpour a good few years back and the pitch never recovered from the damage. If that mess isn't sorted by this weekend playing on it will do even more damage, it looks like the Hertz have just ruined a million quid pitch :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 11:04 AM
You aren’t half getting your knickers in a twist! You have made a leap of your own volition and bias to associate white suprematism to a jocular comment involving an accurate non racial geographical association to a well known source of illegal drugs. You are the only one tarring South American investors and suggesting that all South Americans are drug dealers.

Judging by previous comments about the two by two visits to the cubicles in the east stand I’d say that there is a problem here with cocaine too. It is also rather simplistic to describe the drug trade as a direct exchange between poor local farmers and big bad Scottish criminals. You are being unreasonable and really need to take a chill pill (legal of course). I can say nothing more about it.
You obviously just read what you want to see rather than read what is actually there. The near 1200 drug deaths in Scotland in 2018 where nearly all down to heroin. Obviously, there is a chain that takes the drug from Asia to Scotland. Scottish drug gangs will be involved in some way in a large part of the chain. But they are the ones bringing to the country and controlling its distribution. The use if drugs in the toilets at ER is not a scientific study of drug use in Scitland. Trying reading the research as to why our drug deaths are 3 time per head of population than England.

If we had a Pakistan investor or Arab one we would all be careful about the language we use because we are aware of the racial stereotypes for these countries. Latin Americans are lessorevalent here and we are clearly not aware of the racist stereotypes used against them. The coconut laugh at Tynie was another good example although applied more to Africa and Asia. Don't be defensive but take this as chance to learn and dont fall into the Trump camp. I leave it there. Sure everyone is bored with this now. Time to fully focus on Budge's lies.

06-08-2019, 11:08 AM

Ha ha, just so she could turn it (or should I say churn it) into a classical music venue. That'll probably suit them better anyway, hasn't there home form dipped since they got a decent pitch?

poolman
06-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Also, Leeann has a bucketful more experience of running a football club more than her so why would she keep phoning her for advice ..... aye, right

Lendo
06-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Wow. I recall us playing a European tie in July after a huge downpour a good few years back and the pitch never recovered from the damage. If that mess isn't sorted by this weekend playing on it will do even more damage, it looks like the Hertz have just ruined a million quid pitch :greengrin

That must have been the 1-1 FK Vetra game. Think it was Mowbray's first one in charge. Game should have been delayed or called off.

Since452
06-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Nah they'll move to Murrayfield for 4 months and whore out tickets to Rangers fans then claim a higher average attendance than Hibs

jacomo
06-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Budge loves the attention.

Banderson is her very useful and willing idiot who will publish anything she says.

What kind of a moron brags to the press about a meeting? Oh yeah, a Jambo moron.

Do mind the gap.

06-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Budge loves the attention.

Banderson is her very useful and willing idiot who will publish anything she says.

What kind of a moron brags to the press about a meeting? Oh yeah, a Jambo moron.

Do mind the gap.

"There you go Craig, fans back onside. Told you it would be easy."

jacomo
06-08-2019, 11:26 AM
To be honest it would make sense to sound out both capital clubs to see if the were available and do background checks before deciding to invest. It probably wasn’t Ron Gordon directly, someone working on his behalf to find a suitable club to invest a substantial about of money into.

The timing of budges comments is complete heat deflection though.

If LD was to ask her advice it would be on the business side also as she’s the self proclaimed amazing businesswoman who hasn’t a clue about the football side of things.

Just imagine in any other walk of life... you want to know what your closest competitor is up to, but instead of doing background research and investigation, you just phone them up and ask them.

Not only do they tell you what you want to know, they then brag about the fact you called them for a meeting.

Like taking sweeties from a baby.

Victor
06-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately this is a growing phenomena, old people being preyed upon by nefarious types. Our quality newspapers, such as the Mail and Express are always running stories on how the elderly are being duped into handing over pension pots and family heirlooms to the unscrupulous. Elderly people don’t have the wherewithal to remember to jot down the names of bogus callers. If I were Hearts I would have a responsible person check, as soon as possible, that no trophies or medals have been unwittingly handed over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacGruber
06-08-2019, 11:39 AM
I think for an investor looking at Hibs and Hearts would see Hibs as the better option. Obviously similar sized clubs - Tynecastle stadium has less of a capacity than Easter Road and is a lot smaller in general but they do get crowds in that aren't that far off of ours. A big problem would be that Tynecastle is too small for international and european matches without applying for dispensation and there is no further opportunities to expand the stadium as it is already crammed in on top of itself. Hibs have a big stadium with potential to expand.
Then there is the training facilities.
Again Hibs have their own training centre with more undeveloped land they own to expand and build on. An investor isn't going to be very impressed when told 'these are our world class training facilities - except they aren't ours though, we are renting from the school'.
There isn't any new potential there for investors.

Anyway, the dice have been rolled and we are under Ron now and in terms of the football we are Edinburgh's top team and have been for the last few years.
It's been an excellent time to be a hibby, pretty much since May 2016 though the fortunes really turned when Dempster walked in the door.

Hopefully another season of dominating derby matches and being Edinburgh's finest to come....

Hibs90
06-08-2019, 11:56 AM
You mean they aren't yet fan owned even though fans have put in more than £20m since Admin to fund the club? That's clever.

Now that is a ponzi scheme.

They truly believe they are going to run the club. Not a chance in hell :greengrin

G B Young
06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
According to Allisbarry:

"One of the first things Gordon did was seek out a meeting with the Hearts chairwoman to discuss the workings of running a Scottish football club."

Yep, that'll be right Barry. He just bypassed Leeann, who has a stack more experience running Scottish football clubs, and sought out the counsel of the all-knowing Budgie. This being the woman who had no interest in football until her daughter took her along to a game a few years back and whose attempts to build a new stand have seen costs spiral some £6 million over budget (with the begging bowl held out to wealthy fans for £5 million of that), while the stand itself remains unfinished and a significant section of it offers views of the pitch which range from severely limited to non-existent. Who wouldn't rush to avail themselves of such 'expertise'??

What next? 'We took a look at Glenn Middleton but passed on signing him on loan as we wanted to give Hibs a helping hand'.

Jeez, I don't doubt Hibs and Hearts collaborate on a number of issues, and that's all well and good, but the spin Barry puts on this stuff is cringeworthy. I recall a former colleague of David Hardie's once telling me that Hardie had to set Dougie Cromb right when he introduced him as 'our reporter' to somebody. You'd think from Barry's pandering to Hearts that he was in their employ and not that of the Evening News. Zero objectivity.

The 90+2
06-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Just imagine in any other walk of life... you want to know what your closest competitor is up to, but instead of doing background research and investigation, you just phone them up and ask them.

Not only do they tell you what you want to know, they then brag about the fact you called them for a meeting.

Like taking sweeties from a baby.

Fair point there.

madsen5
06-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately this is a growing phenomena, old people being preyed upon by nefarious types. Our quality newspapers, such as the Mail and Express are always running stories on how the elderly are being duped into handing over pension pots and family heirlooms to the unscrupulous. Elderly people don’t have the wherewithal to remember to jot down the names of bogus callers. If I were Hearts I would have a responsible person check, as soon as possible, that no trophies or medals have been unwittingly handed over.

Mail and Express quality newspapers you have to be joking!!

Monts
06-08-2019, 12:06 PM
According to Allisbarry:

"One of the first things Gordon did was seek out a meeting with the Hearts chairwoman to discuss the workings of running a Scottish football club."

Yep, that'll be right Barry. He just bypassed Leeann, who has a stack more experience running Scottish football clubs, and sought out the counsel of the all-knowing Budgie. This being the woman who had no interest in football until her daughter took her along to a game a few years back and whose attempts to build a new stand have seen costs spiral some £6 million over budget (with the begging bowl held out to wealthy fans for £5 million of that), while the stand itself remains unfinished and a significant section of it offers views of the pitch which range from severely limited to non-existent. Who wouldn't rush to avail themselves of such 'expertise'??

What next? 'We took a look at Glenn Middleton but passed on signing him on loan as we wanted to give Hibs a helping hand'.

Jeez, I don't doubt Hibs and Hearts collaborate on a number of issues, and that's all well and good, but the spin Barry puts on this stuff is cringeworthy. I recall a former colleague of David Hardie's once telling me that Hardie had to set Dougie Cromb right when he introduced him as 'our reporter' to somebody. You'd think from Barry's pandering to Hearts that he was in their employ and not that of the Evening News. Zero objectivity.

Ron: "Now that I am officially on board, I think we could all do with a bit of team bonding. Does anyone have any ideas?"

Leeann: "How about some prank calls. We can all have a good laugh. Phone this number here and ask how to run a football club. It'll be hilarious!"

Keith_M
06-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Going by previous posts, he is determined to take a massive amount of offense to any comment whatsoever.

I sometimes wonder if it's some kind of parody account and he's just making up all of his alleged background in order to find some offense somewhere.

The irony is that he can actually be quite nasty to other people and loves to slag off Scotland at every opportunity.

Mikey
06-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Those lights are expensive.

Just as well it's another of a long line of freebies that they get, this time from Murrayfield.

BigKev
06-08-2019, 12:15 PM
As mentioned before, RG was a guest of the club at the Rangers game in March having already met with Sir Tom and Rod months prior.

Classic deflection from Dr Budge when the fans begin to question her or her lapdog Levein.

Leave them to it. They love to try and gain some kind of superiority complex which their fanbase will enjoy for a few days before the reality of CL and his 1990's tactical acumen becomes the main topic of concern again.

Since90+2
06-08-2019, 12:21 PM
You obviously just read what you want to see rather than read what is actually there. The near 1200 drug deaths in Scotland in 2018 where nearly all down to heroin. Obviously, there is a chain that takes the drug from Asia to Scotland. Scottish drug gangs will be involved in some way in a large part of the chain. But they are the ones bringing to the country and controlling its distribution. The use if drugs in the toilets at ER is not a scientific study of drug use in Scitland. Trying reading the research as to why our drug deaths are 3 time per head of population than England.

If we had a Pakistan investor or Arab one we would all be careful about the language we use because we are aware of the racial stereotypes for these countries. Latin Americans are lessorevalent here and we are clearly not aware of the racist stereotypes used against them. The coconut laugh at Tynie was another good example although applied more to Africa and Asia. Don't be defensive but take this as chance to learn and dont fall into the Trump camp. I leave it there. Sure everyone is bored with this now. Time to fully focus on Budge's lies.

Levels of cocaine use per head of population in Scotland are far higher than usage of Heroin. Heroin is undoubtedly a more harmful drug however it's Cocaine that is far more widely used across Scottish society.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Maybe Granny Budge should have sought advice from Leeann on holding events on a football pitch 7 days before a match.

Hibs learned a lesson with fat boy Elton John's concert that ruined the pitch for 2 years.

That is £1m wasted on a vanity event

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Executive advice from Billyhibs to Budgie

Get rid of Craig Levein

Naw on second thoughts scrap that keep him he is doing a great job 😁

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 12:24 PM
That must have been the 1-1 FK Vetra game. Think it was Mowbray's first one in charge. Game should have been delayed or called off.

Inter Tattie cup. Had to go ahead come hell or high water!😉

overdrive
06-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Mail and Express quality newspapers you have to be joking!!

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Woosh and a half!

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Going by previous posts, he is determined to take a massive amount of offense to any comment whatsoever.

I sometimes wonder if it's some kind of parody account and he's just making up all of his alleged background in order to find some offense somewhere.

The irony is that he can actually be quite nasty to other people and loves to slag off Scotland at every opportunity.

I do not slag off Scotland but taring South Americans as drug users/drug cartels is a classic white North American racist slur. You are in the boat of Trump and all. Scots do take great offence when it is pointed out that that what they think is inoffensive is racist because there not many instances of south americans and south east asians in Scotland. There was the same attitude about gays 20 years ago.

This parody account predicted what was going on in the takeover and then ran through the actual numbers to prove it once the shares were listed. So not bad for a parody.

I will continue to pin point inconvenient truths when I come across them.

Highlighting our drug problem is not slagging off Scotland but like many others I would like the root problems to be addressed.

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2019, 12:39 PM
My favourite line of the interview was: 'They made it clear they wanted to invest in a club – a club that was going places, which had ambition and had somewhere to move forward. Once I explained the situation...'

PatHead
06-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Wonder how long it will take for Hearts supporters to realise that they are Edinburgh's second rated club and are inferior to us in every aspect apart from fouls committed.

The 90+2
06-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Wonder how long it will take for Hearts supporters to realise that they are Edinburgh's second rated club and are inferior to us in every aspect apart from fouls committed.

They will get sick of the open top bus parade for the balance sheets while watching pap on the pitch soon enough. The issue with them also is this is the first time in many of their lives there isn’t giant overspending money they haven’t got - yet they still require to be topped up by these benefactors to try and claim they’ve made a profit.

Does budge actually want them to make Europe? Wouldn’t that mean an investigation into financial fair play meaning they would have to revel who is putting the money in and why?

Barman Stanton
06-08-2019, 01:02 PM
I do not slag off Scotland but taring South Americans as drug users/drug cartels is a classic white North American racist slur. You are in the boat of Trump and all. Scots do take great offence when it is pointed out that that what they think is inoffensive is racist because there not many instances of south americans and south east asians in Scotland. There was the same attitude about gays 20 years ago.

This parody account predicted what was going on in the takeover and then ran through the actual numbers to prove it once the shares were listed. So not bad for a parody.

Highlighting our drug problem is not slagging off Scotland but like many others I would like the root problems to be addressed.

Has it been a long time since you have lived in Scotland by the way? I would hazard a guess that most people on here don't know anyone taking smack. But a huge % will know people that partake in cocaine. Therefor when most people on here are talking about taking 'mind altering substances' they are talking about the likes of coke and NOT heroin. As such South America is a fair assumption.

You have managed to find offence in a throwaway comment that was clearly tongue in cheek.

Since452
06-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Are you being serious? You do realise they gloriously lost the cup final and heroically lost to Aberdeen from a winning position? Someone was clapping on the plaza and everything.

Until we stop winning games we'll never match up to that.

Turnbullsmate
06-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Nah, but he can spell "it" , oh ! and Eddie Turnbull , he can spell that an aw :not worth:not worth:not worth :wink::wink::wink:

Cataplana
06-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Could you provide some sources? It's just that we are world leaders in so few things that I don't want somebody from Bolivia or somewhere bursting my bubble, if I'm shooting my mouth off on holiday.

Well actually it is street Benzodiazepines, and cocktails of illicit and prescription drugs that is the big problem at the moment.

Do you have any sources other than 25 year old Irvine Welsh books, and back copies of the Sunday Post?

Greenworld
06-08-2019, 03:25 PM
One think about Ron is been a month since he took over and he's all but disappeared. In fact so has leanne after the initial flurry of interviews.
Some improvements have been not being able to get in the ground on match day therfore not being able to taste the wonderful fast food.
Where's the cheer leaders and hotdogs Ron.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

green day
06-08-2019, 03:30 PM
One think about Ron is been a month since he took over and he's all but disappeared. In fact so has leanne after the initial flurry of interviews.
Some improvements have been not being able to get in the ground on match day therfore not being able to taste the wonderful fast food.

It takes time to take on a new business and prepare it to be broken up and sold to the highest bidder

:greengrin

CraigHibee
06-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Oh dear Anne, I do think that 1 is slavering

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2019, 03:39 PM

No really our fault if half your continent is involved in pushing cocaine around the globe.

And nah, take your inconvenient truths to the holy ground, leave this board for chat about football.

malcolm
06-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Now that is just patronising self indulgent riding off on a tangent . I’ve nothing to be defensive about and nothing to learn but you don’t half like throw some traps, labels and your own stereotypes around...

But yes stick to football

Hibs4185
06-08-2019, 06:05 PM

I just read a statement from the Duncan’s regarding the pitch and they’ve said it’s fine. They also said they plan to train on it on Friday as they do every Friday....the hockey team must use Oriam on a Friday 😂😂

Turnbullsmate
06-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Now that is just patronising self indulgent riding off on a tangent . I’ve nothing to be defensive about and nothing to learn but you don’t half like throw some traps, labels and your own stereotypes around...

But yes stick to football

:top marks That put his/her pipe at a peep :aok:

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 09:49 PM
:top marks That put his/her pipe at a peep :aok:

No I am in the Asian time zone. But some people won't confront the argument that calling south americans drug dealers etc is not racist. Instead you say I am slagging off scotland and a parody account. That is how somebody highlighting racism on south Americans is dealt with not facing up to the fact that some people in Scotland frequently use the same slurs as Trump and all do.

Not In The Know
06-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Ps why do we call them the Duncan’s again?

w pilton hibby
06-08-2019, 09:52 PM

Cos we're lovably eccentric!

CentreLine
06-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Second hand information but as I understand it, in the short time he has been here Ron has sat down with every department within the club and asked them for their views and aspirations for their part of the business. Each department has been given a set period of time to submit their most ambitious plan and to aim high. It may take a little time but it looks like there is a lot to be optimism about within Hibernian Football Club right now. Maybe it is time that the fan groups, in our still partly fragmented fan base if this forum is anything to go by, started to reach for the stars, showed some optimism and started to pull in the same direction.

Turnbullsmate
06-08-2019, 10:33 PM
No I am in the Asian time zone. But some people won't confront the argument that calling south americans drug dealers etc is not racist. Instead you say I am slagging off scotland and a parody account. That is how somebody highlighting racism on south Americans is dealt with not facing up to the fact that some people in Scotland frequently use the same slurs as Trump and all do.

I said that ? where? cos i sure as hell missed that....maybe i was studying to learn how to spell "it" Constantinople is a very long word and a very long word is it.......................

majorhibs
06-08-2019, 10:36 PM

C’mon, man, most of your early stuff here was nailing it, having spent 5 excellent yrs in Brazil & observing as much as I could, the 2 cultures while well compatible will never be understood by the opposite average person even with yrs experience, let alone the wind up merchants here wi loads opinions of S.A. but having never been there. A brilliant different place, V misunderstood by Europe imo, but with as most contrasting things really good/bad differences, I agree the typecasting & casual inferring totally out of order to a continent full of different but excellent people who the average Scot doesn’t have a scooby about. But your points made earlier about inferences against South American’s who most folks opinions being heard here will never have met are way OTT when I think of all the good people from there I’ve met:

majorhibs
06-08-2019, 10:44 PM
C’mon, man, most of your early stuff here was nailing it, having spent 5 excellent yrs in Brazil & observing as much as I could, the 2 cultures while well compatible will never be understood by the opposite average person even with yrs experience, let alone the wind up merchants here wi loads opinions of S.A. but having never been there. A brilliant different place, V misunderstood by Europe imo, but with as most contrasting things really good/bad differences, I agree the typecasting & casual inferring totally out of order to a continent full of different but excellent people who the average Scot doesn’t have a scooby about. But your points made earlier about inferences against South American’s who most folks opinions being heard here will never have met are way OTT when I think of all the good people from there I’ve met:

I don’t mean your points, SingHibs, are OTT, I agree with you, it’s the general uninformed opinion of South America I’m referring to here, sorry!

Greencore
06-08-2019, 10:49 PM
STF always said He would sell to people or a person who would take Hibernian to the next level. However Ron coming out saying he is happy with the playing budget, that was obviously on the same level we were at when STF was at the club. How is that the next level exactly? Not saying I want us to be the Scottish man City (would be nice) however we should be aiming for 3rd/4th and the fact we are looking to loan from sevco and only have 3 strikers is concerning.

PatHead
06-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Second hand information but as I understand it, in the short time he has been here Ron has sat down with every department within the club and asked them for their views and aspirations for their part of the business. Each department has been given a set period of time to submit their most ambitious plan and to aim high. It may take a little time but it looks like there is a lot to be optimism about within Hibernian Football Club right now. Maybe it is time that the fan groups, in our still partly fragmented fan base if this forum is anything to go by, started to reach for the stars, showed some optimism and started to pull in the same direction.

Was mentioned at Working Together last night.

Joe6-2
06-08-2019, 10:52 PM

What a complete load of balls

jacomo
06-08-2019, 10:58 PM
STF always said He would sell to people or a person who would take Hibernian to the next level. However Ron coming out saying he is happy with the playing budget, that was obviously on the same level we were at when STF was at the club. How is that the next level exactly? Not saying I want us to be the Scottish man City (would be nice) however we should be aiming for 3rd/4th and the fact we are looking to loan from sevco and only have 3 strikers is concerning.

Would you prefer an ex-submarine captain with dubious connections who promises you the Champions League?

It’s the lack of big promises and noise that is giving me confidence. I very much doubt Ron has bought Hibs to stand still, and he doesn’t come across as a blowhard who loves the limelight.

Progress may be gradual at first, but I think we can look ahead with confidence.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Could you provide some sources? It's just that we are world leaders in so few things that I don't want somebody from Bolivia or somewhere bursting my bubble, if I'm shooting my mouth off on holiday.

Well actually it is street Benzodiazepines, and cocktails of illicit and prescription drugs that is the big problem at the moment.

Do you have any sources other than 25 year old Irvine Welsh books, and back copies of the Sunday Post?

Try reading any of the reports on the 1200 drug deaths in Scotland in 2018. They will tell you they are mainly related to heroin and the use if cheap tranquilizers to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and methadone as a prescribed substitute.

Try googling drug slurs and south americans and you will see it is one of the common stereotypical slurs against Latinos in the US.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2019, 11:43 PM

Full US business management: goals, objectives, 6 month and annual review; remediation for failure; manage out for consistent failure. Sure many Scottish companies use this now. Interesting how it spans out and how the staff react.

Fully behind our South American owner.

Brightside
06-08-2019, 11:54 PM
who cares

Real Emerald
07-08-2019, 12:09 AM
who cares

I agree who cares, a lot of snotters about nothing.

FilipinoHibs
07-08-2019, 12:13 AM
Has it been a long time since you have lived in Scotland by the way? I would hazard a guess that most people on here don't know anyone taking smack. But a huge % will know people that partake in cocaine. Therefor when most people on here are talking about taking 'mind altering substances' they are talking about the likes of coke and NOT heroin. As such South America is a fair assumption.

You have managed to find offence in a throwaway comment that was clearly tongue in cheek.

What appear to be throwaway comments are picked up casually from primarily US racists. Because there are few South Americans in Scotland it is not raised as a racist comment. But people should be aware of Trump's globally popularising the slur:

Yes most people on here don't know people taking smack as should imagine they move in different social circles with people who have more money and can afford coke.

Lived abroad for over three years but a frequent visitor to Leith where I still have a flat. So aware of what is going on.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4297508/latino-landscaper-racial-slurs-video/

http://theconversation.com/record-drug-deaths-in-scotland-a-national-scandal-120381

Iain G
07-08-2019, 05:39 AM
If I were Hearts I would have a responsible person check, as soon as possible, that no trophies or medals have been unwittingly handed over.

Sounds Like a perfect job for Medals MacKay :-)

Cataplana
07-08-2019, 05:49 AM
Try reading any of the reports on the 1200 drug deaths in Scotland in 2018. They will tell you they are mainly related to heroin and the use if cheap tranquilizers to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and methadone as a prescribed substitute.

Try googling drug slurs and south americans and you will see it is one of the common stereotypical slurs against Latinos in the US.

I did read them, and noted that what constitutes a drug death has a broad definition, and even includes planned overdoses to commit suicide.

I think what you call "cheap tranquillisers" is what I called "street benzodiazipines". Where we differ is that these are not prescribed, but bought on the street.

They are not used to minimise Heroin withdrawal, but either as a stand alone method of getting out of it, or along with other drugs

The NHS does not prescribe cheap drugs, it does prescribe drugs for things like pain, which can be abused. As I say, it isn't Heroin that is the issue in Scotland, it is polypharmacy or dangerous additives in "fake" drugs like street Valium.

Not really sure what any of this has to do with South America or Hibs though. However, I hope it does answer your lazy summary of Scotland as the Heroin capital of the world.

There is a thread in the Holy Ground, which you can visit, to review some of the data. You'll have much more success defending South Americans, if you show more credibility in your points.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 05:57 AM
who cares

:agree:

Only interested in Hibs

F##k Hearts!

FilipinoHibs
07-08-2019, 06:50 AM
I did read them, and noted that what constitutes a drug death has a broad definition, and even includes planned overdoses to commit suicide.

I think what you call "cheap tranquillisers" is what I called "street benzodiazipines". Where we differ is that these are not prescribed, but bought on the street.

They are not used to minimise Heroin withdrawal, but either as a stand alone method of getting out of it, or along with other drugs

The NHS does not prescribe cheap drugs, it does prescribe drugs for things like pain, which can be abused. As I say, it isn't Heroin that is the issue in Scotland, it is polypharmacy or dangerous additives in "fake" drugs like street Valium.

Not really sure what any of this has to do with South America or Hibs though. However, I hope it does answer your lazy summary of Scotland as the Heroin capital of the world.

There is a thread in the Holy Ground, which you can visit, to review some of the data. You'll have much more success defending South Americans, if you show more credibility in your points.

I said Scotland is the drugs capital of Europe and that is down to the number of drug related deaths. The report says over 85% are because of heroin and the drugs taken along with it - tranquilizers and methadone.

What I was pointing out is that taring Latin Americans as drug dealers/users/cartels is a racist slur used by the racist right in the US when someone suggested the American investor was a South American drug baron.

I said it was ironic given Scotland is viewed as the drug capital of Euripe. The debate then went on to drug usage in Scotland. Yes more people take coke than heroin in Scotland but it is the heroin that is killing people. Our drug deaths are three times the rate of England which has similar coke usage but less heroin usage. A racist slur on Scotland would be to stereotype us a druggies. As we in Leith are tared as needle and spoon users by the Jambos.

Most would take up racist slurs on any post that appears here. Because we have few Latim Americans in Scotland it is not raised as much as if it was against an Asian or African. Remember Robertsons golliwog in the 50s. Only raised when we had a significant number of Afro Caribbean immigrants in the 50s/60s.

My parents are South American/Hispanic and I was brought up from the age of 2 in Scotland. I consider myself a Latin Scot but have been subjected to latino racist slurs through out my life. Some of them very hurtful. The drug cartel one has been one that has been thrown at me over the last few years. Pretty much in line with the rise in the new right. It is probably the least hurtful slur but does not mean it has to be ignored.

The South American drug investor slur was actually way off. They are only interested in short term investments as means of washing money through the financial system. They need to sell their investments quickly.https://www.economist.com/britain/2019/07/18/scotland-overtakes-america-as-the-worlds-drug-overdose-capital

green day
07-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Message to the OP - close or cancel this car crash of a thread

..............or have it moved to some other part of the forum - I assume there is a "pointless arguments about all other kinds of *****" bit?

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 08:07 AM

Because it annoys them...

Cataplana
07-08-2019, 08:19 AM
I said Scotland is the drugs capital of Europe and that is down to the number of drug related deaths. The report says over 85% are because of heroin and the drugs taken along with it - tranquilizers and methadone.

What I was pointing out is that taring Latin Americans as drug dealers/users/cartels is a racist slur used by the racist right in the US when someone suggested the American investor was a South American drug baron.

I said it was ironic given Scotland is viewed as the drug capital of Euripe. The debate then went on to drug usage in Scotland. Yes more people take coke than heroin in Scotland but it is the heroin that is killing people. Our drug deaths are three times the rate of England which has similar coke usage but less heroin usage. A racist slur on Scotland would be to stereotype us a druggies. As we in Leith are tared as needle and spoon users by the Jambos.

Most would take up racist slurs on any post that appears here. Because we have few Latim Americans in Scotland it is not raised as much as if it was against an Asian or African. Remember Robertsons golliwog in the 50s. Only raised when we had a significant number of Afro Caribbean immigrants in the 50s/60s.

My parents are South American/Hispanic and I was brought up from the age of 2 in Scotland. I consider myself a Latin Scot but have been subjected to latino racist slurs through out my life. Some of them very hurtful. The drug cartel one has been one that has been thrown at me over the last few years. Pretty much in line with the rise in the new right. It is probably the least hurtful slur but does not mean it has to be ignored.

The South American drug investor slur was actually way off. They are only interested in short term investments as means of washing money through the financial system. They need to sell their investments quickly.https://www.economist.com/britain/2019/07/18/scotland-overtakes-america-as-the-worlds-drug-overdose-capital

What you took from the report does not square with what is actually happening. Every death of a heroin user, or ex Heroin user is recorded as a drugs related death, whether drugs were involved or not.

Your whole premise that Scotland is the drugs capital of Europe is based on flawed, and skewed data. Your statement that "cheap prescription drugs" are being used to deal with Heroin withdrawal is wrong.

I'm not berating you, only correcting you so that you don't keep repeating the mistake, and damaging your credibility.

I don't give a toss where you were born, or who your parents are, I just wish you would stop repeating fake news. Drugs misery in Scotland is real, not some abstraction that you can use as ballast in an argument.

jacomo
07-08-2019, 08:20 AM

SingHibs, I get that you are offended / annoyed, but I really don’t think folk intend the racial slur as it is seen in USA.

South American Drug Lords have been part of the cultural landscape for decades, and captured people’s imagination. I don’t think it’s any more serious than that.

It obviously makes no sense in our case because our new owner is from Peru, not Bolivia. References to bears and marmalade would be relevant, if still nonsensical to anyone who actually comes from Peru.

vahibbie
07-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Give it a rest ffs.

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Why did you change your name? Have you moved home?

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Why did you change your name? Have you moved home?

That's his Ladyboy name. He's in Edinburgh for the Festival :wink:

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 05:32 PM
That's his Ladyboy name. He's in Edinburgh for the Festival :wink:

I thought they were from Bangcock? (ooh matron!)

See what I did there? How racist was that, on a scale of 1-10?

:hmmm:

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 06:13 PM
I thought they were from Bangcock? (ooh matron!)

See what I did there? How racist was that, on a scale of 1-10?

:hmmm:

yes and i'm fairly sure his profile at one time said he was from Bangwhatsit... hence my ladyboy ref'

Saw what you did and it is 0 on the racist scale but scores high on the sexist scale :wink:

Anyways wtf was this thread about in it's infancy ?... Budge is a fanny is my coverall out

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 06:32 PM
yes and i'm fairly sure his profile at one time said he was from Bangwhatsit... hence my ladyboy ref'

Saw what you did and it is 0 on the racist scale but scores high on the sexist scale :wink:

Anyways wtf was this thread about in it's infancy ?... Budge is a fanny is my coverall out

Depends how determined you are to see racism in people's comments, surely?

:wink:

Turnbullsmate
07-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Depends how determined you are to see racism in people's comments, surely?

:wink:

Should I have given you a 10 ? i don't look for racism Keith, no need to. It shows itself more often than not . But that's for another thread methinks

HNA8
07-08-2019, 07:05 PM
This has gone way off topic.

Thread closed.