PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Future Match day Threads

Pretty Boy
05-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Following on from some criticism, some constructive, some not so, regarding match day threads we have decided to implement the following changes as of this Sunday:

Match day threads will open 1 hour before kick off, any thread started before that point will be closed and reopened at the appropriate time.
After kick off we will attempt to manage the thread and delete any posts that are off topic. We appreciate your patience with this as most admins attend the games as well.
The thread will be closed approx. 10-15 minutes after the full time whistle. Any further discussion about topics that arise during the game can be continued on the numerous threads that are started in the immediate aftermath of games.

Hopefully these changes will allow all threads to stay on topic for as long as possible, promote a more pleasant atmosphere for discussing games, performances, incidents etc and cut down on the bickering that has impacted match day threads in recent times.

Thanks

calumhibee1
05-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Following on from some criticism, some constructive, some not so, regarding match day threads we have decided to implement the following changes as of this Sunday:

Match day threads will open 1 hour before kick off, any thread started before that point will be closed and reopened at the appropriate time.
After kick off we will attempt to manage the thread and delete any posts that are off topic. We appreciate your patience with this as most admins attend the games as well.
The thread will be closed approx. 10-15 minutes after the full time whistle. Any further discussion about topics that arise during the game can be continued on the numerous threads that are started in the immediate aftermath of games.

Hopefully these changes will allow all threads to stay on topic for as long as possible, promote a more pleasant atmosphere for discussing games, performances, incidents etc and cut down on the bickering that has impacted match day threads in recent times.

Thanks

Good idea :aok:

Scottie
05-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Can I pass on my thanks to all the admin team for their work on everything .net. Sometimes it must feel like a thankless task for you guys and girls. :not worth

Lago
05-08-2019, 10:47 AM
:aok:

Thanks

Congruence
05-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Thanks

:thumbsup:

mim
05-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Can I pass on my thanks to all the admin team for their work on everything .net. Sometimes it must feel like a thankless task for you guys and girls. :not worth

Bunch of pricks :na na:

MacGruber
05-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Thanks

Good stuff.

Would also love to see the style of one thread per player that is always there and keeps getting added to. It was brought up before by someone comparing the Villa forum.

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2019, 11:15 AM
has the poster Diclonius been informed of this decision :greengrin

matty_f
05-08-2019, 11:48 AM

:aok:

Northern Hibby
05-08-2019, 11:55 AM

Thanks

Can scores be updated as they happen?

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Matty < >Pretty Boy < > hibee_girl < > Lago < > Vault Boy < > Matty

Diclonius
05-08-2019, 12:18 PM
has the poster Diclonius been informed of this decision :greengrin

I generally start the threads an hour from kickoff so I'm happy with this.

JohnMcM
05-08-2019, 12:26 PM

May the minutes of the meeting show that I second this observation.
Thanks to all our Admin folks.

:flag:

FilipinoHibs
05-08-2019, 12:29 PM
May the minutes of the meeting show that I second this observation.
Thanks to all our Admin folks.

:flag:

Yes a thankless task keeping a bunch of fan(atic)s in place.

Man Down Under
05-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Wonder if it is worth archiving matchday threads since having an open and close time means it can be filed away easier.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
05-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Matty < >Pretty Boy < > hibee_girl < > Lago < > Vault Boy < > Matty

Quite the 5-a-side team I've been assured. :greengrin

I think this approach to the match threads makes the most sense. Let's hope it's one to remember on the weekend!

Diclonius
05-08-2019, 12:48 PM

Thanks

Can we still discuss other games taking place at the same time?

Brightside
05-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Just create a That Was Pish thread....then its a lot easier for like minded people to enjoy.

hibee_girl
05-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Can we still discuss other games taking place at the same time?

It’s probably best to keep match day threads to just Hibs unless it’s a game that directly affects us.

There is another thread for this seasons other games.

if posters use the ispy feature they’ll be able to see all posts as they happen anyway :aok:

Frazerbob
05-08-2019, 03:01 PM
It’s probably best to keep match day threads to just Hibs unless it’s a game that directly affects us.

There is another thread for this seasons other games.

if posters use the ispy feature they’ll be able to see all posts as they happen anyway :aok:

I disagree. I prefer to not have to jump between threads. Updates on the match thread are good IMHO.

RyeSloan
05-08-2019, 03:13 PM
And maybe a Hibs TV thread can be started as well rather than the match day one being full of:

‘I have sound but no picture’
‘my picture is frozen’
‘Is Hibs TV working’
‘mine is fine’

OK last one is a bit of a push and Hibs could solve the problem directly by giving subscribers a reliable service but until then it would be nice not to have half the match day thread taken up with it!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Bunch of pricks :na na:

My seven year old appreciates those comments in particular in relation to admins keep em flowing please.

Carheenlea
05-08-2019, 03:38 PM
I’ve never had any beef about any threads to be honest, other than when the puns take over. Only takes one post to get a thread back on track.
Not really keen on making more rules, and when someone invariably posts on the wrong one then someone who takes life too seriously will be jumping down their throat to tell them so. I’d rather threads were just left to flow.

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Quite the 5-a-side team I've been assured. :greengrin

I think this approach to the match threads makes the most sense. Let's hope it's one to remember on the weekend!

👍🏾

Not my best post but I was inspired by another poster that used mathematical signs to show his preference for our strikers

I thought it was quite a good idea

Billy Whizz
05-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Good stuff.

Would also love to see the style of one thread per player that is always there and keeps getting added to. It was brought up before by someone comparing the Villa forum.

A no thanks for me

hibbie02
05-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Could we have 2 other threads specifically for the bed wetters and for the happy clappers?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2019, 05:17 PM
I agree with the suggestion for future match day threads, but I really don't think one mega thread for other games is a good idea.

If you've not read it for a few days but then want to follow what's happening one evening, you're going to have to trawl through loads of posts to get to the start of the current day.

If the previous system needs a change at all, merely adding the relevant date in the thread title would suffice.

hibee_girl
05-08-2019, 05:47 PM
I agree with the suggestion for future match day threads, but I really don't think one mega thread for other games is a good idea.

If you've not read it for a few days but then want to follow what's happening one evening, you're going to have to trawl through loads of posts to get to the start of the current day.

If the previous system needs a change at all, merely adding the relevant date in the thread title would suffice.

Just click on the last post option :dunno:

Sammy7nil
05-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Good stuff.

I think that is a great idea it would be good to see how opinion changes week to week.

I also pass on my thanks to the Admins :aok:

Bangkok Hibby
05-08-2019, 06:43 PM
And maybe a Hibs TV thread can be started as well rather than the match day one being full of:

‘I have sound but no picture’
‘my picture is frozen’
‘Is Hibs TV working’
‘mine is fine’

OK last one is a bit of a push and Hibs could solve the problem directly by giving subscribers a reliable service but until then it would be nice not to have half the match day thread taken up with it!

The match day thread is very valuable to some because of the unreliability of Hibs tv. Thanks for doing this admins and the measured comments. I hate the knee jerk negativity so hopefully this will lessen.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Priorities. I'd rather we banned puns personally :greengrin

Beefster
06-08-2019, 07:02 AM
Just click on the last post option :dunno:

That just reverses the same issue. You then need to start working back to find the stuff that started that day/evening.

Eyrie
06-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Priorities. I'd rather we banned puns personally :greengrin

I think we need to ban anyone who complains about the puns :devil:

madjock9
07-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Maybe a suggestion is to create a sub thread so you have the main forum and a games forum for each game and then we can always look back on each game.

Given also the amount of comments on Hibs TV to have again a separate sub forum for that content.

FilipinoHibs
07-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Maybe a suggestion is to create a sub thread so you have the main forum and a games forum for each game and then we can always look back on each game.

Given also the amount of comments on Hibs TV to have again a separate sub forum for that content.
Can we have a separate moaners thread as well?

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2019, 09:55 AM
No discussing the game
No discussing other games
No discussing Hibs TV
No negative opinions

With that attitude we’d be as well just closing .net to posters and just having a series of admin announcements with a like button.

Just let the threads flow, let the discussion come naturally and respect people’s opinions regardless of whether you think they are positive or negative. If you don’t want engage with someone then fine, but if we were to start regulating the tone of discussion on here we’d be as well just turning the servers off imo.

Live and let live. Apart from puns :cb

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 10:00 AM
No discussing the game
No discussing Hibs TV
No negative opinions

With that attitude we’d be as well just closing .net to posters and just having a series of admin announcements with a like button.

Just let the threads flow, let the discussion come naturally and respect people’s opinions regardless of whether you think they are positive or negative. If you don’t want engage with someone then fine, but if we were to start regulating the tone of discussion on here we’d be as well just turning the servers off imo.

Not often I agree with you MWC but sounds reasonable 😁

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Not often I agree with you MWC but sounds reasonable 😁
To be honest Billy, I usually don’t have the faintest idea what you’re on about so it’s hard to tell whether I agree with you or not but thanks for the feedback 👍🏼

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 10:06 AM
To be honest Billy, I usually don’t have the faintest idea what you’re on about so it’s hard to tell whether I agree with you or not but thanks for the feedback 👍🏼

You are welcome 😁

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 10:11 AM
No discussing the game
No discussing Hibs TV
No negative opinions

Unless they're your puns. :wink: :cb

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 10:13 AM

:hilarious

Spike Mandela
07-08-2019, 10:16 AM
What’s wrong with the matchday threads? I like the way they ebb and flow and they can be a hilarious read back after a positive result especially if we start badly.

I don’t mind other score updates being interjected either, it helps not to have to jump between threads.

Some people get a bit OCD about trivial things. It’s a thread on a football forum for goodness sake.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 10:18 AM
:hilarious

Don’t understand how anyone can’t understand my one sentence paragraphs 😁

FilipinoHibs
07-08-2019, 10:27 AM

We are extremely focused on Hibs Net.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 10:28 AM

I understand you perfectly, Billy. (Sometimes!)

But, of course, I'm much closer to you agewise than MWC.

The youngsters these days, eh? :rolleyes:

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 10:30 AM
I understand you perfectly, Billy. (Sometimes!)

But, of course, I'm much closer to you agewise than MWC.

The youngsters these days, eh? :rolleyes:

Dunno my first game was HIBS 1 v 1 Leeds Utd Fairs Cities Cup 1968

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Dunno my first game was HIBS 1 v 1 Leeds Utd Fairs Cities Cup 1968

I'm not sure how your post connects with mine at all :hilarious

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 05:53 PM
I think we need to ban anyone who complains about the puns :devil:

Agreed...they should be punted🙄

SaulGoodman
07-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Beats me, I’m away to Corfu next month. Should be nice.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Beats me, I’m away to Corfu next month. Should be nice.

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2019, 06:54 PM

Youngsters these days! 😁

Vault Boy
07-08-2019, 07:30 PM
No discussing the game
No discussing Hibs TV
No negative opinions

It's nothing to do with regulating people's opinions. It's very simply about keeping the match threads (which are there to serve a very particular purpose during each game) on topic and useful.

There are dozens of other threads available to post about whatever you like, so long as it doesn't break the basic forum rules.

hibsbollah
07-08-2019, 07:35 PM
No discussing the game
No discussing Hibs TV
No negative opinions

Im with you on this 100%.

hibee_girl
11-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Bumping this up to remind you all :aok:

theonlywayisup
11-08-2019, 05:31 PM

Thanks

Just noticed this thread and I think it's a good move. The MDT are usually full of hysterical rubbish and bickering, though you could say that applies to many.