PDA

View Full Version : Question James

TheMentalHibees
05-08-2019, 08:19 AM
Might have missed it but any news on James? Didn’t look that bad when he went off but the timing was weird, must’ve been the 44th minute, if it was innocuous he could’ve waited till half time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jax67
05-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Looked like he was holding his Achilles, hope it’s just a knock, maybe we’ll find out more today.

Brightside
05-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Turned over on his ankle. Should be fine.

Gmack7
05-08-2019, 09:29 AM
shocking challenge

Vault Boy
05-08-2019, 09:30 AM

That's good, very possible that he won't even miss a game if that's the case.

calumhibee1
05-08-2019, 09:38 AM
shocking challenge

Yup. How he never got a card is beyond me.

Northernhibee
05-08-2019, 09:57 AM
As long as he's fit I'd start him at RB next game with Whittaker at LB.

Whittaker has been excellent so far this season.

Souter96Mac
05-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Hope it's not a bad one, from what I've seen of him, he looks encouraging. Maybe a touch nervous at times, but looks like a decent footballer.

Future17
05-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Hope it's not a bad one, from what I've seen of him, he looks encouraging. Maybe a touch nervous at times, but looks like a decent footballer.

That's an interesting comment, because I thought the exact opposite in the Alloa and Arbroath games - he almost seemed too casual. Definitely looks to be a good player though.

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2019, 03:11 PM
As long as he's fit I'd start him at RB next game with Whittaker at LB.

Whittaker has been excellent so far this season.Sssh whisper that in here...it will never catch on lol.

Joking aside I agree been 1 of if not our best player so far this season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
05-08-2019, 05:32 PM
He looked slower than a week in the jail before he picked up the knock.

greenlex
05-08-2019, 06:23 PM
I’m not convinced he has what it takes to be our right back.

Jack Ferrigan
05-08-2019, 06:33 PM
He looked slower than a week in the jail before he picked up the knock.

Hmm😷 Are you on the correct site?

Sammy7nil
05-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Hmm😷 Are you on the correct site?

Yes the left winger went past him like he was running backwards. He may just have been caught flat rooted but he looked sloooooooooow

judas
05-08-2019, 06:42 PM
The lad has a good touch and seems to understand his role.

But it looks like e lacks pace.

B.H.F.C
05-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Yes the left winger went past him like he was running backwards. He may just have been caught flat rooted but he looked sloooooooooow

If I’m thinking about the one you are talking about, I don’t think it was down to lack of pace. Just a complete lack of awareness that the St Mirren player was anywhere near him.

Looks better on the ball than he is as a defender from what I’ve seen.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Tom seems to have played a different position in every Hibs game, playing for the team, but can’t help his own performance having to move all the time

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2019, 07:45 PM
He looked slower than a week in the jail before he picked up the knock.Think I need a break from this site for a bit...sick to the back teeth of reading posts like this slating the new players who have just signed for us...its tiresome and draining. Am beginning to wonder how many actual Hibs fans are on here...even the st mirren manager was more positive about our team at weekend than some so called fans on here...its getting beyond a joke. Constant negativity

Sammy7nil
05-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Think I need a break from this site for a bit...sick to the back teeth of reading posts like this slating the new players who have just signed for us...its tiresome and draining. Am beginning to wonder how many actual Hibs fans are on here...even the st mirren manager was more positive about our team at weekend than some so called fans on here...its getting beyond a joke. Constant negativity

I agree you need a break if you can't say a player looked slow on a fans forum we are in trouble.

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2019, 08:10 PM
I agree you need a break if you can't say a player looked slow on a fans forum we are in trouble.

😁

J-C
06-08-2019, 05:22 AM
I’m not convinced he has what it takes to be our right back.

He looks a decent enough RB but I don't think he has the pace to be an effective wingback, also needs to sort out his positioning because his lack of pace could catch him out, still fairly young though.

Heisenberg
07-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Hibs have confirmed he’s out for “several weeks”. Dreadful luck for us and James. Ridiculous that the challenge on him was let go without so much as a talking to.

AllyT
07-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Hibs have confirmed he’s out for “several weeks”. Dreadful luck for us and James. Ridiculous that the challenge on him was let go without so much as a talking to.

Evening News seems to think he'll be fit for Rangers game:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/tom-james-boost-for-hibs-as-defender-should-be-fit-to-face-rangers-1-4978233

I see it's been reported differently now

Onceinawhile
07-08-2019, 12:46 PM
He looks a decent enough RB but I don't think he has the pace to be an effective wingback, also needs to sort out his positioning because his lack of pace could catch him out, still fairly young though.

We don't play with wingbacks though, so that should be OK.

Evening News seems to think he'll be fit for Rangers game:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/tom-james-boost-for-hibs-as-defender-should-be-fit-to-face-rangers-1-4978233

Think I'll go with Hibs rather than the evening news!

HibbyAndy
07-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Out for several weeks