PDA

View Full Version : Three points on the board

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Wasn’t pretty but it can only get better with time. Absolutely delighted to get the three points on the board and off to a flyer.

:flag:

Joe6-2
03-08-2019, 08:35 PM
This!

03-08-2019, 08:35 PM
A win's a win, as they say.

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 08:38 PM
A win today was huge. Going to Ibrox needing something to avoid being 0 from 6 would have seen pressure building ridiculously early.

We got the win. Plenty room for improvement but thankfully the manager acknowledged that himself post match.

Lancs Harp
03-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Thats the main thing. We were decent in patches. Looked good when we raised the pace but were too pedestrian too often. Important to get off to a winning start so well done lads

The 90+2
03-08-2019, 08:41 PM
First games there’s hickcups everywhere unless you sign Lawrence Shankland, we’re off the board and go to Ibrox now with no pressure.

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 08:41 PM
A win today was essential.
As the 2nd half of last season showed simply beating the bottom 6 teams will see you gather more points than almost every team

Real Emerald
03-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Very important to get the 3 points today, great crowd too and hopefully the manager will at some point get a balanced team on the park as he’s been done with injuries. Not expecting anything next week so that was a very important win. Well done (eventually) 👍

04Sauzee
03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Good 3 points
Heckingbottoms win rate 52%

matty_f
03-08-2019, 08:55 PM
We were too timid/slow in the first half but I can see why the players found it difficult - St Mirren didn’t come to take the game to us, they sat deep and put everyone behind the ball and hit us on the counter attack ( quite effectively at times).

The change to two up front won us the game and as much as there were points in the game where you couldn’t see where as goal was coming from, there were also moments where we played some really nice stuff.

I think the key to games like this is to score early. I think we need to start games against teams who sit in like St Mirren did as if we were in the last five minutes of the game needing a goal, exert a load of pressure on them and try as much as possible to get an early goal to open the game up.

I think we were by far the better team but the longer it stayed 0-0 the harder it got for us. An early goal and we win that game by 3 or 4 goals imho.

S4uzee
03-08-2019, 08:59 PM
First games there’s hickcups everywhere unless you sign Lawrence Shankland, we’re off the board and go to Ibrox now with no pressure.

No pressure going to Ibrox?? Massive pressure on us to perform IMO

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 08:59 PM
We were too timid/slow in the first half but I can see why the players found it difficult - St Mirren didn’t come to take the game to us, they sat deep and put everyone behind the ball and hit us on the counter attack ( quite effectively at times).

The change to two up front won us the game and as much as there were points in the game where you couldn’t see where as goal was coming from, there were also moments where we played some really nice stuff.

I think the key to games like this is to score early. I think we need to start games against teams who sit in like St Mirren did as if we were in the last five minutes of the game needing a goal, exert a load of pressure on them and try as much as possible to get an early goal to open the game up.

I think we were by far the better team but the longer it stayed 0-0 the harder it got for us. An early goal and we win that game by 3 or 4 goals imho.

Ye I think your right regards scoring as early as possible. To do that, like you say you need to play the first few minutes like it was the last few minutes of the game. To do that you need a high tempo. We totally lacked that today until maybe the last ten minutes.