PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

we are hibs
03-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Hes slowly getting there. Thought his link up play was excellent. Not on his arse every 2 minutes. Not on his heels. Trying to get involved. Ran back 30 yards at the end to stop an attack. Should have had a goal for the offside. Should have scored the one on one and shouldve had an assist for his cross in for Doidge.

Managed to turn his man a few times and was trying the wee flicks and one twos that he simply didnt feel confident enough to last season.

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Add in the goal at Elgin which was a goal and he has made a very strong start to the season.

Northernhibee
03-08-2019, 08:12 PM
He’s getting back to his best. Good to see and a valuable player.

Smartie
03-08-2019, 08:14 PM
He's not one of those lone strikers you can leave up there to do it all by himself.

When he's isolated he struggles, and we struggle. When we manage to get players up playing off him, he's good and we're good.

He's had a strong start to the season.

Torto7
03-08-2019, 08:15 PM
He's leaner quite noticeably. Lennon telling him he needed to bulk up last season was awful management. His game is heavily reliant on his movement. I'm really happy with his start to the season.

rcarter1
03-08-2019, 08:16 PM
He's not one of those lone strikers you can leave up there to do it all by himself.

When he's isolated he struggles, and we struggle. When we manage to get players up playing off him, he's good and we're good.

Important player, great to see him getting back to his quality.

Jones28
03-08-2019, 08:17 PM
He's leaner quite noticeably. Lennon telling him he needed to bulk up last season was awful management. His game is heavily reliant on his movement. I'm really happy with his start to the season.

Lennon shat all over Kamberi last season, he made him a scapegoat and destroyed any confidence he had.

Delighted to see Flo come back, he’ll be like a new signing.

tamig
03-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Has anyone seen the disallowed goal again? I’m not sure he was off.

staunchhibby
03-08-2019, 08:21 PM
almost certain he was not offside.Very poor decision by officials

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Has anyone seen the disallowed goal again? I’m not sure he was off.

Half a mile on. Identical to the Elgin disallowed goal.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 08:22 PM
almost certain he was not offside.Very poor decision by officials

2 games on the trot
He’s due some luck soon!

we are hibs
03-08-2019, 08:22 PM

I thought there were glimpses of a partnership between Doidge and Kamberi. Despite his 2 sitters i quite liked the look of Doidge and he did well for the goal.

neil7908
03-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Played well when Doidge came on. He's not a target man and will always struggle without someone alongside him.

His tracking back at the end resulted in him intercepting a dangerous attack down our left.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Played well when Doidge came on. He's not a target man and will always struggle without someone alongside him.

His tracking back at the end resulted in him intercepting a dangerous attack down our left.

He seems to be playing with a smile on his face again

The 90+2
03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Keep him in a two please. I don’t think he will start next week mind.

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 10:09 PM
When there were rumours of a bid I said that I'd accept it if we're going to have the Kamberi of last season and reject it if it was the player of his first six months.

I'd say he's started this season closer to the latter, so I'm glad that no bid was made.

JimBHibees
03-08-2019, 10:16 PM
2 games on the trot
He’s due some luck soon!

Not a chance that is luck

LustForLeith
04-08-2019, 07:01 AM
I thought he was really good in the second half. Played to the left a bit and made a really good tackle when he chased back well into his own half.

He’s got a hat trick inside him and I’m hoping it won’t be long before he scores it .

Gmack7
04-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Keep him in a two please. I don’t think he will start next week mind.

he might start wide left in place of newall with Doidge up too

Pretty Boy
04-08-2019, 07:55 AM
One of the accusations thrown at him last season was that he was lazy. I thought that was very harsh, I'd go as far as to say it was people lazily parroting what Neil Lennon had implied rather than forming an opinion of their own. He was never lazy but badly lacking in confidence.

Yesterday was a tough shift for him as he was starved of decent service and support. However he plugged away and can consider himself very unfortunate not to have walked away with a goal and an assist. He's a good player and if we can get the ball to him in the right areas he'll both score and provide goals.

bigwheel
04-08-2019, 09:14 AM
One of the accusations thrown at him last season was that he was lazy. I thought that was very harsh, I'd go as far as to say it was people lazily parroting what Neil Lennon had implied rather than forming an opinion of their own. He was never lazy but badly lacking in confidence.

Yesterday was a tough shift for him as he was starved of decent service and support. However he plugged away and can consider himself very unfortunate not to have walked away with a goal and an assist. He's a good player and if we can get the ball to him in the right areas he'll both score and provide goals.

Wasn’t a bad performance from him in parts ...certainly better than chunks of last season ....don’t think he is lazy..but I do think his focus and effort levels vary ..sometimes during a game he seems on it ..other times (and there were a few occasions yesterday) he seems to wait for something to happen for him ..also his lack of bringing the ball under control when it is played to him is a key weakness..these flicks and knock ons may look pretty, but it can also be lack of taking responsibility...

technically he could be a top notch player - he has all the attributes of skill, athleticism, pace ..when he reallyPuts his mind to it

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 10:45 AM
He seems to be up for it again but his chance that fell for doidge should have burst the net, was quite an easy save for the keeper, in his first spell he would have scored with that, hopefully gets a fair amount of goals this season

B.H.F.C
04-08-2019, 10:47 AM
I thought he was quite poor for much of the game yesterday but there were still signs that he is getting back to the player he can be.

And he looks a bit less miserable.