PDA

View Full Version : Slivka - decent impact

bigwheel
03-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Not being his biggest fan, thought I would acknowledge Slivka’s contribution today - looked a step up from others around him when he came on - it’s also noticeable that he is straight back in the squad when fit - so management must rate him ....could perhaps be a big season for him...nice one Vicky !

Torto7
03-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I'd drop Mallan for next week and play Slivka. He's not perfect but he can run box to box and we'll need that. He should probably start for the development team actually and get a full 90 mins before the trip to Mordor.

Mon Dieu4
03-08-2019, 06:15 PM
I like the guy and want him to do well, all I can remember him doing is attempting two crosses that went straight out of play

Pretty Boy
Certainly seemed to show a bit more urgency when he came on. He's a strange one really; clearly talented but just never seems to quite show it consistently.

Vault Boy
He was good in the opening half an hour against Newcastle too. Impressive considering he's not really had a pre season.

Gaffer1875
Looked good against Newcastle too, offers something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 06:18 PM
I'd drop Mallan for next week and play Slivka. He's not perfect but he can run box to box and we'll need that. He should probably start for the development team actually and get a full 90 mins before the trip to Mordor.

I’d agree with that, Mallan wasn’t up to much today

Smartie
03-08-2019, 06:20 PM
I thought we picked up when he came on as well.

He's better than most of our midfielders at playing under pressure - he's got a good touch, enough pace to take him away from players and gets his head up.

The centre of midfield really didn't work today. Vela and Mallan were pretty awful but they were being closed down quickly and rarely looked like they had a decent option to pass the ball on to.

For the first time in years I have a bit of the fear about going to Ibrox, as I get the feeling that this is an area they have the potential to destroy us.

Slivka may well be part of a solution.

LaMotta

Dropping Mallan for Slivka would be madness imo.

It still amazes me how many people dont want a guy in the team who was our most important attacking threat last year with assists and goals combined, who offers a goal threat anywhere from 35 yards in and finished top player with assists in the spfl outwith Huns and Tims.

Lewiehas2
Thought vela was poor today, Slivka made a big difference. Hard one for next week cause I’d like Mallan to stay in the team but neither him or Slivka are going to protect defence

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 06:21 PM
I like the guy and want him to do well, all I can remember him doing is attempting two crosses that went straight out of play

Same here :agree:

elevengoats
03-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Changed the game for me when he came on. Well done!

SChibs
03-08-2019, 06:22 PM
I think slivka and mallan are good at opposite things. Slivka can beat a man and carry the ball up the pitch. Whereas Mallan is more of a shooter, passed and is a threat from a dead ball

neil7908
03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
I’d agree with that, Mallan wasn’t up to much today

I worry a bit about where Mallan fits into this team. I know Vela's role in front of the defence and Allan's linking up with the forwards but Mallan seemed a bit lost to me today.

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Changed the game for me when he came on. Well done!

The change of shape changed it more than Slivka himself I would say. Have seen him play a lot better than he did today.

bingo70
03-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Is Slivka finally finding the form we all seem to think he’s capable of or are the players around him just getting worse so he looks better?

Realise that is a very negative slant on a thread praising him but I’m not sure it’s that much of a coincidence people saying he did well today and against Newcastle.

Torto7
03-08-2019, 06:26 PM

It still amazes me how many people don't want a guy in the team who was our most important attacking threat last year with assists and goals combined, who offers a goal threat anywhere from 35 yards in and finished top player with assists in the spfl outwith Huns and Tims.

I'm not in the don't want him camp. I just think in certain games the Allan/Mallan combo will be exposed. Slivka can play box-box and I'd use that next week. Slivka always seems to play well against the old firm too.

SMAXXA
03-08-2019, 06:38 PM
I was surprised he got the nod ahead of Fraser Murray but he did well when he came on. Another example of the manager being able and not shy to change things to win is a game

Bob Box Fish
03-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Slivka , Allan and Vela for me I would bench Mallan. Vela was poor today but hopefully just needs game time.

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm not in the don't want him camp. I just think in certain games the Allan/Mallan combo will be exposed. Slivka can play box-box and I'd use that next week. Slivka always seems to play well against the old firm too.

Fair dos mate. Good point re his old firm performances too.

Weir07
03-08-2019, 08:08 PM
I was surprised he got the nod ahead of Fraser Murray but he did well when he came on. Another example of the manager being able and not shy to change things to win is a game

Yep, said at the game that Murray should have come on instead of Slivka but he played well, not his biggest fan but brought a bit of dynamism to midfield, which was badly lacking.

Lancs Harp
03-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Yep, said at the game that Murray should have come on instead of Slivka but he played well, not his biggest fan but brought a bit of dynamism to midfield, which was badly lacking.

I thought Vela had a really disappointing game. Too slow in thought and to the pass. Gave the ball away too often and got caught in possession which we cant afford in his position. Its the first time ive seen him and I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Hes got to be better than i saw today. Thought we looked alot better when Slivka came on.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 08:18 PM
I thought Vela had a really disappointing game. Too slow in thought and to the pass. Gave the ball away too often and got caught in possession which we cant afford in his position. Its the first time ive seen him and I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Hes got to be better than i saw today. Thought we looked alot better when Slivka came on.

He is much better than today. This is the problem when you don’t get your squad in for pre season
I’m sure he’ll come good for Hibs though

Lancs Harp
03-08-2019, 08:20 PM
He is much better than today. This is the problem when you don’t get your squad in for pre season

Hope so Billy

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Very good shout.

Johnny_Leith
03-08-2019, 08:23 PM
He was much better than Vela, who was well off the pace and shouldn't have been near the starting XI.

Smartie
03-08-2019, 08:26 PM

I thought he was awful, our biggest disappointment although in fairness he was often looking for options that didn't exist so his poor performance wasn't entirely down to himself.

His final contribution down on the bye-line was inexcusable where he looked like he ducked out of a challenge when he could have committed a bit more and won us a corner. In fairness to him, I think he was knackered rather than lacking courage.

The Vela/ Mallan thing just didn't work, too much dithering.

Real Emerald
03-08-2019, 08:28 PM

I hope you’re right as I agree with everything Lancs Harp said. I thought he was playing too deep as well but his thought process was too laboured, got caught in possession too often and slow to see a move. He may well be rusty and his passing options limited so I’m hoping you are correct 👍

Brightside
03-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Not being his biggest fan, thought I would acknowledge Slivka’s contribution today - looked a step up from others around him when he came on - it’s also noticeable that he is straight back in the squad when fit - so management must rate him ....could perhaps be a big season for him...nice one Vicky !

Energy. We were so static including the can do no wrong Allan.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2019, 08:33 PM
Energy. We were so static including the can do no wrong Allan.

Thought Allan tried to make things happen tbf, always had the head up looking for an angle.

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 08:36 PM
He’d definitely benefit from a good run in the team. Very reliable type of player who gets box to box with ease.

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Good performance from Slivka. I thought he was going to bring on Murray but Slivka made a difference with some good runs and got involved as we pressed to score.

Vela still isn’t fully fit and you have to remember he isn’t an out and out defensive midfielder.

He will do better against better teams - teams that sit in don’t really suit his style.

whiskyhibby
03-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Good performance from Slivka. I thought he was going to bring on Murray but Slivka made a difference with some good runs and got involved as we pressed to score.

Vela still isn’t fully fit and you have to remember he isn’t an out and out defensive midfielder.

He will do better against better teams - teams that sit in don’t really suit his style.

Completely agree he changed the whole dynamic of the game, comfortable on the ball and always looking to attack, if we could have that for 90 minutes each game he would be first on the team sheet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Before he came on the midfield was a fraught mess, giving the ball away etc.
Slivka cools things down, quickly controls the ball and passes it onto a teammate.
Was just what was required when he came on.

Had a couple of uncharacteristic appalling crosses.
Like Vela has not had a full pre-season.

Is in the last year of his contract.
Hopefully the manager sees enough he likes in him to offer a new contract before January when he will be able to speak to other clubs. I think he offers qualities that our other midfielders don't possess.

Brooster
03-08-2019, 09:06 PM
He was much better than Vela, who was well off the pace and shouldn't have been near the starting XI.

St Mirren came for 0-0, typical Goodwin. They played a rigid 451 and sat in and time wasted all game. It's not easy breaking these types of teams down and maybe Vela isn't suited to those types of games. Slivka and Doidge both made positive impacts today, we created more once they came on.

Real Emerald
03-08-2019, 09:12 PM
St Mirren came for 0-0, typical Goodwin. They played a rigid 451 and sat in and time wasted all game. It's not easy breaking these types of teams down and maybe Vela isn't suited to those types of games. Slivka and Doige both made positive impacts today, we created more once they came on.

I thought Hibs tactics today were awful but in the end PH got 3 points so what do I know. It wasn’t pretty and St Mirren definitely came for a point. In other seasons they would have nicked a goal. We move on 👍

Onion
03-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Slivka was the perfect sub at the right time. We've seen him do this often in a Hibs shirt and it was no surprise to see our overall game improve with his introduction. Good energy, drive to go forward and link up play pulled others along.

Kavinho
03-08-2019, 09:31 PM
It was Slivka Doidge and a change of formation all togetherthat brought us up a gear today.

But Slivka did show more energy and willingness, if at times a few iffy crosses

NOLA
03-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Probably Hibs most gifted player while not showing it! You can see his quality and why Juventus took him on but he needs a position and a run of games to show it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
03-08-2019, 10:04 PM

It still amazes me how many people dont want a guy in the team who was our most important attacking threat last year with assists and goals combined, who offers a goal threat anywhere from 35 yards in and finished top player with assists in the spfl outwith Huns and Tims.

It still amazes me that Mallan lives off goals and assists from more than 7 months ago and against the likes of part time Faroese farmers and the cannon fodder of the SPFL.

Give me a midfielder who knows how to position himself to control and pass a ball over someone who might score a goal every now and then every day of the week.

marinello59
03-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Slivka was the perfect sub at the right time. We've seen him do this often in a Hibs shirt and it was no surprise to see our overall game improve with his introduction. Good energy, drive to go forward and link up play pulled others along.

Agreed. We looked much better when he came on. I’ve always liked Slivka though. :greengrin

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 10:36 PM
It still amazes me that Mallan lives off goals and assists from more than 7 months ago and against the likes of part time Faroese farmers and the cannon fodder of the SPFL.

Give me a midfielder who knows how to position himself to control and pass a ball over someone who might score a goal every now and then every day of the week.

Brutal analysis.Football is about scoring GOALS. Mallan was more instrumental than anyone at helping us do that last season.

The_Horde
03-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Brutal analysis.Football is about scoring GOALS. Mallan was more instrumental than anyone at helping us do that last season.

Narrow minded analysis.

JohnM1875
03-08-2019, 11:21 PM
I really rate Slivka. Always have. Think admittedly I probably bought into him more than his performances merited the last few seasons.

But this is his chance now. Looked really sharp when he came on today. Baring in mind he's had basically no pre-season. Good burst of pace, great with both feet and always looks to drive us forward. I really hope this is his season.

AB Hibby
03-08-2019, 11:42 PM

Agree with your points about past performance but for last 6 months he hardly gets a shot in so not worth the lack of tackle and drive. Seems bit of a redundant luxury at the moment. That could change though if we work out system to use him better to his full potential.

sean04
03-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Thought he did really well when he came on, positive forward passes, never gave it away. Kept it moving when he had to, put his foot on the ball. Hopefully we see the best off him this season

Dmas
04-08-2019, 01:40 AM
Thought he did really well when he came on, positive forward passes, never gave it away. Kept it moving when he had to, put his foot on the ball. Hopefully we see the best off him this season

Think he had a great effect on the game when he come on but he wasted at least 2 balls into the box when a little better quality brings a goal, one hit the roof of the net and the other massively over hit to the back door I like sliv think he’s a tidy player that’s maybe needed a little extra time to settle too our game once he’s got his legs set after injury hopefully these things iron out

Hibeesmad
04-08-2019, 01:44 AM
Mallan is a stick on for a yellow card if he starts next week, I recall him giving several fouls away each time we played them last season

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 02:45 AM
The problem with Slivka is that he comes off the bench and looks decent, he gets a start in the next game and he’s anonymous. He’s done it ever since he’s arrived, he can’t be trusted to put in a performance. Maybe he’s better coming off the bench every week.

Tyler Durden
04-08-2019, 08:16 AM

Mallan was probably our best player in the post split games. He was great at Tynecastle also and there’s much more to his game than goals

Hibee Mac
04-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Funny how anyone who has a remotely negative opinion of Mallan seems to get shot down instantly.

I don't get the the old "top scorer, POTY" stuff that gets touted either, there is far more to a CM than goals and assists, give me a John McGinn who scores 5/6 a season over a Mallan any day of the week. Yes you can blindly look at goal/assist numbers but what you can't easily quantify is the lack of all round team play/goals/assists we might be missing out on because of poor CM play.

He's a good asset to have in the team, no doubt about that. But I think we can do much better in CM, as do many others.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Fantastic player, to think some folk on here were/are wanting rid of him this window. Changed the game.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 08:46 AM

What about the 9 other goals he scored against scottish teams? Or do they not count?

Squirrel 1875
04-08-2019, 08:49 AM
He was much better than Vela, who had a particularly poor game.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 08:51 AM
What about the 9 other goals he scored against scottish teams? Or do they not count?

Cannon fodder of the SPFL should cover that mate. 👍

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Fantastic player, to think some folk on here were/are wanting rid of him this window. Changed the game.

Thing is, there was games previously where he done what he done yesterday. The issue is, will he do what he’s done previously and get a start, not take his chance and drop back out the team again?

Nobody is doubting he’s capable of having a good game, which he did yesterday. It’s putting a run of good games together which he never comes close to doing imo.

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 08:52 AM

We play against that “cannon fodder” most of the season. Surely you want a player who can deliver against the vast majority of your opponents?

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Mallan was probably our best player in the post split games. He was great at Tynecastle also and there’s much more to his game than goals

Nobody was great at Tynecastle. We were quite lucky that day actually.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 08:53 AM
We play against that “cannon fodder” most of the season. Surely you want a player who can deliver against the vast majority of your opponents?

I do. And Mallan rarely does it against the better sides, or even at all these days.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 08:54 AM

so who should he be scoring against that is acceptable to you given those teams are the ones we play against all year

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 08:55 AM
I do. And Mallan rarely does it against the better sides, or even at all these days.

Did he not score against newcastle earlier in the week? Or does that not count due to it only being a friendly?

noz
04-08-2019, 09:01 AM
The problem with Slivka is that he comes off the bench and looks decent, he gets a start in the next game and he’s anonymous. He’s done it ever since he’s arrived, he can’t be trusted to put in a performance. Maybe he’s better coming off the bench every week.

perfect analysis, its the same all the time.
We all want him to do well, but hes had MANY chances.

eastcoasthibby
04-08-2019, 09:03 AM

I agree Mallan whilst gives us a threat around the edge of their box, he is not contributing much else and seems to be overplaying things with a lot of short very tight passes and not opening the game up enough which he can do, also SLivka gets about the park and competes better than Mallan and we will need that !!

The Leith Dutch
04-08-2019, 09:08 AM

I think it's amazing he gets the goals he does given we take a guy who is one of the best in the league at shooting from range and insist on playing him in a position where he's too far from goal to take a shot. In terms of rarely doing it against the better sides that's probably no surprise from a midfielder who's likely to be under considerably more pressure against the OF and Aberdeen (who pressurised our midfield very effectively last season). Criticising him for his goal record is also an odd approach as that's been good.

Personally I think Mallan and Allan should be played in the same position as the primary attacking midfielder so Mallan loses out for me unless we can find a better formation.
Not because I dislike Mallan as a player but because I don't think you can play the two of them in the same team - certainly not with 2 wingers and a striker.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:11 AM
Did he not score against newcastle earlier in the week? Or does that not count due to it only being a friendly?

The fact that you can only name one occasion kind of proves my point, don't you think?

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:12 AM
The fact that you can only name one occasion kind of proves my point, don't you think?

You said he hasnt done it lately, I gave the latest goal he scored

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:16 AM
You said he hasnt done it lately, I gave the latest goal he scored

Did you miss my use of the word 'rarely' entirely?

Anyway. Real action is back underway and he's back to being utterly passive and he's lost his ability to shoot effectively. Which was all he was good for in the first place.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Did you miss my use of the word 'rarely' entirely?

Anyway. Real action is back underway and he's back to being utterly passive and he's lost his ability to shoot effectively. Which was all he was good for in the first place.

Fair enough, he went 7 games without scoring at the end of the season, again how has he lost his ability to shoot effectively when he scored from outside the box this very week? Was his free kick also not on target yesterday?

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Fair enough, he went 7 games without scoring at the end of the season, again how has he lost his ability to shoot effectively when he scored from outside the box this very week? Was his free kick also not on target yesterday?

His free kick was a terrible effort. Didn't even attempt to get it up and over the wall, in fact I'm not sure I've seen him score a free kick up and over the wall for us like he did against us for St Mirren.

I think he's been found out.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:31 AM
His free kick was a terrible effort. Didn't even attempt to get it up and over the wall, in fact I'm not sure I've seen him score a free kick up and over the wall for us like he did against us for St Mirren.

No worries david Beckham, it was probably to close to get it up and down that quick, he got it on target, unfortunately to close to the keeper. You are very blinkered

The Leith Dutch
04-08-2019, 09:57 AM

No worries david Beckham, it was probably to close to get it up and down that quick, he got it on target, unfortunately to close to the keeper. You are very blinkered

Weirdly was watching the game where Beckham hauled England's backside out the fire against Greece.
One thing that struck me was how many free kicks they got in that Beckham arc outside the box.

We don't get a lot of those opportunities - not sure of the reason - which does limit Mallan's opportunities.
I think he's one of the best free kick takers for shooting in the league and if we had more chances from that range I think he'd score double figures in a season easy.

And for the record this isn't a blind defence of Stevie Mallan - I don't think we can accommodate him and Allan in the same team and I think Mallan loses out not because he's poor but because Allan is an exceptional player.

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Weirdly was watching the game where Beckham hauled England's backside out the fire against Greece.
One thing that struck me was how many free kicks they got in that Beckham arc outside the box.

We don't get a lot of those opportunities - not sure of the reason - which does limit Mallan's opportunities.
I think he's one of the best free kick takers for shooting in the league and if we had more chances from that range I think he'd score double figures in a season easy.

And for the record this isn't a blind defence of Stevie Mallan - I don't think we can accommodate him and Allan in the same team and I think Mallan loses out not because he's poor but because Allan is an exceptional player.
I've just posted this thought elsewhere, but it's a possible answer to your final point.

For a game like yesterday, I'd change the formation to a 4-1-4-1 to have both Allan and Mallan in attacking positions. Horgan and Newall can give us the width with the full backs working on a pendulum ie when one goes forward, the other stays back to support Vela and the CHs.

wookie70
04-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Slivka offered movement and energy something we were completely lacking before his arrival. He also carries the ball and starts to get defensive players moving from their rigid positions. Vela and Mallan were starting from deeper allowing the Saints forwards the chance to go after them but Slivka was starting a bit further up in between their lines. He is a very good player who has never been given a real run in the team. He could easily be an important player for us this year

LaMotta
04-08-2019, 10:39 AM

:agree: His inch perfect pass for Horgan's winner doesnt count though because he didnt run about as much as some people wanted.:wink:

Funny how anyone who has a remotely negative opinion of Mallan seems to get shot down instantly.

I don't get the the old "top scorer, POTY" stuff that gets touted either, there is far more to a CM than goals and assists, give me a John McGinn who scores 5/6 a season over a Mallan any day of the week. Yes you can blindly look at goal/assist numbers but what you can't easily quantify is the lack of all round team play/goals/assists we might be missing out on because of poor CM play.

He's a good asset to have in the team, no doubt about that. But I think we can do much better in CM, as do many others.

Thankfully his manager and his teammates get the top scorer POTY stuff. Players player of the year and one of the first names on the teamsheet week in week out.

Apparently some fans dont think we should have a player in the team who is capable of doing this :dunno:

https://twitter.com/Donsscout/status/1103332816832655360?s=19

LaMotta
04-08-2019, 11:08 AM

He scored up and over the wall at least 3 times last season. I suppose if you didnt see it then it didnt happen though.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 05:39 PM
He scored up and over the wall at least 3 times last season. I suppose if you didnt see it then it didnt happen though.

I suggest you watch them again. Closely

The Leith Dutch
04-08-2019, 05:50 PM
I suggest you watch them again. Closely

I guess the point would be that looking at, for example, the free kick versus Killie back in September it looks fairly much over the wall.
Are you getting at the fact that he's not doing that topspin dip thing?
If it's not what you mean then genuinely interested in what the criticism of that strike is?

Edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Wivk6O1JE

Tyler Durden
04-08-2019, 05:57 PM
I guess the point would be that looking at, for example, the free kick versus Killie back in September it looks fairly much over the wall.
If it's not what you mean then genuinely interested in what the criticism of that strike is?

I think he’s just trolling tbh. Best ignored

RoYO!
04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Along with Whittaker I reckon he’s dropped a bit of bulk and are looking sharper as a result.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 06:07 PM

That's miles out. And almost a year ago. And if you look really closely to the behind the goals footage it actually goes left of the wall.

Getting the ball up and down is a totally different thing altogether and normally from much closer to the goals.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 06:08 PM
I think he’s just trolling tbh. Best ignored

There it is. Poster has an opinion that doesn't sit well with someone = trolling. Wibble.

LaMotta
04-08-2019, 06:19 PM
There it is. Poster has an opinion that doesn't sit well with someone = trolling. Wibble.

So wait, you said he has never scored with a free kick up and over the wall. You've been provided with evidence of it actually happening THREE times, but apparently it doesnt count because the shots were too far from goal :faf:

As Maradona pointed out in his book when you are close to the box or the D and you have a free kick you are always better going low and round the wall anyway.

No point discussing this further with you - you just dont like Mallan, so lets leave it at that.

Jones28
04-08-2019, 06:28 PM

There’s room for both in that team. Very harsh on Mallan.

CMurdoch
04-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Thought this was a thread about Slivka?

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 06:51 PM
There’s room for both in that team. Very harsh on Mallan.

What part is harsh?

Jones28
04-08-2019, 06:56 PM
What part is harsh?

The whole impression you give of Mallan - that he’s a luxury player we can rarely afford when the truth is he does the leg work and is often a threat.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 07:02 PM
The whole impression you give of Mallan - that he’s a luxury player we can rarely afford when the truth is he does the leg work and is often a threat.

That's not my gripe with him at all, I love a luxury player.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-08-2019, 07:03 PM

Agree

Jones28
04-08-2019, 07:04 PM
That's not my gripe with him at all, I love a luxury player.

You may want to re-read your analysis then.

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 07:12 PM
You may want to re-read your analysis then.

I don't have to. I never once described him as a luxury player because normally 'luxury players' are extremely talented individuals who don't always turn it on.

My opinion if Mallan is that he's not a good enough football player for where we need to be and he's only good for a goal but unfortunately those have dried up lately too.

Jones28
04-08-2019, 07:16 PM
I don't have to. I never once described him as a luxury player because normally 'luxury players' are extremely talented individuals who don't always turn it on.

My opinion if Mallan is that he's not a good enough football player for where we need to be and he's only good for a goal but unfortunately those have dried up lately too.

He scored against Newcastle on Tuesday. Another beauty as well.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 08:40 PM
He scored against Newcastle on Tuesday. Another beauty as well.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I have already pointed this out to him but clearly doesnt want to listen to anyones opinion except his own

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 08:53 PM
I have already pointed this out to him but clearly doesnt want to listen to anyones opinion except his own

I think you summed it up nicely when you said it doesn't count because it was in a meaningless friendly..

jax67
04-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Yep, me too.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:03 PM
I think you summed it up nicely when you said it doesn't count because it was in a meaningless friendly..

No i clearly didnt say that, I asked you if it didnt count because it was a friendly.

#2 Double Tap
04-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Well I like Slivka, he might not always be fantastic but all the players in our league apart from celtics are guilty of that, what i like about him is how he looks to move the ball forward. He passes and moves into the space ahead of him a lot of the time, he can also move forward with the ball at his feet and is capable of scoring a few goals as well.

He looked pretty keen when he came on saturday.......was nice to see......

Mallan is a funny one ehhh. how can so many people be divided on him. He is defo more effective in an advanced midfield position where his main attribute shooting is most valuable. I was joking with an old guy at the start of preseason and we got into talking about trying players in other positions, one which was suggested was trying mallan as a poacher, it would take him outa the middle of the park, stop the mallan and allan cant play in the same midfield and let him focus on his main attribute of scoring goals. Would love to see it tried out, imagine the thread on here if it was a disaster hahahaha

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:16 PM
No i clearly didnt say that, I asked you if it didnt count because it was a friendly.

Then that's exactly what I think. And it's what the history books will think as well.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Then that's exactly what I think. And it's what the history books will think as well.

Ok, think we are done on this now, you are very blinkered clearly and wont listen to anyone else's opinion on mallan as it doesnt match yours so we will agree to disagree on him

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Ok, think we are done on this now, you are very blinkered clearly and wont listen to anyone else's opinion on mallan as it doesnt match yours so we will agree to disagree on him

Just offering my opinion on Mallan. I've never once said yours doesn't count.

Best stay away from internet debate if you're going to be that precious about it though.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Just offering my opinion on Mallan. I've never once said yours doesn't count.

Best stay away from internet debate if you're going to be that precious about it though.

Not precious at all, we are going round in circles so theres really no point in debating any longer

The_Horde
04-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Not precious at all, we are going round in circles so theres really no point in debating any longer

We always were. Because I was offering my opinion, not berating or ignoring yours.

Sammy7nil
04-08-2019, 09:42 PM

We always were. Because I was offering my opinion, not berating or ignoring yours.

Get a room :greengrin