PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Man of the Match today, admittedly not much to stand out against. Thought he was superb in front of the East all afternoon.

hibbydad
03-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Man of the Match today, admittedly not much to stand out against. Thought he was superb in front of the East all afternoon.
Definitely man of the match along with Scott Allan

RMQ1967
03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Agreed - last few games he's been very good. Thought he was done 2 seasons ago but pleasantly surprised by his performances so far.

Allant1981
He played well, was quite quick in parts as well when going forward

Frazerbob
Great performance today. MOTM by a mile.

Mr Grieves
Superb at left and right back

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 04:33 PM
He was superb and showed his versatility. Should have been MOTM.

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 04:33 PM
He was excellent today

Diclonius
03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Much, much improved in pre season and today. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

hibbydog
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM

Do you mention ‘in front of the east’ because he played well despite this?

I’m not happy about the grief he gets. Good on him.

matty_f
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
He had a good game, showed his versatility with the switch to right back and gave us plenty going forward.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Superb today [emoji1360]

Bob Box Fish
03-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Whitt’s best performance since he came back to ER. MOTM today.

DTS
03-08-2019, 04:38 PM
MOTM by a mile today

wookie70
Another very good performance from Whitts. He has been a very decent signing and even when he is getting slated he is nowhere near as bad as many made out. Looks like last year's injuries are behind him and is fit and strong again.

neil7908
He was absolutely brilliant at both right and left back.

Onceinawhile

Probably because he played in front of the east all game?

Left back first half, right back second.

Fwiw, I thought he was OK, but wouldn't have said he was any better than that.

Tbf, he was still one of the better players on the pitch for us at that level.

stoneyburn hibs
Like a new signing, great today.

Since452
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Excellent against Newcastle and superb today. Lucky to have him here.

Lee Marvin
03-08-2019, 04:40 PM
MOTM by a considerable distance

Squirrel 1875
03-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Thought he had a good game today. Possibly MOTM. Hopefully gets the boo boys off his back!

HibbyAndy
03-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Brilliant today..not afraid to want the ball.. good range of passing tae

Malthibby
03-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Can't pretend I'm a fan but he had a good game today, more than happy to be proven wrong.
GG

weecounty hibby
03-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Had s great game today and showed how good a player he is to have in our squad. Left back or right back he played well. Does a job when required in midfield as well

hibby6270
03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
My MOTM today also, although in fairness He didn’t have much opposition outside of Rocky (excellent saves at crucial times and Scotty (if nothing else for his goal).

I often wonder if we expect Whits to be the same player he was first time round 10-15 years ago. Obviously that will never be the case. He’s lost a couple of yards of pace but is an intelligent player who rarely dives in at the wrong time in a tackle and his long range passing is superb. Has a decent shot as well when he gets the chance.

He may well be a standing for now whilst SDG and Lewis are out of action but he is reliable and that is what is needed more often than not

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Haha no, it was just a quicker way of saying “left back then right back”, because he switched once James game off. So he was in front of the East all afternoon. Do agree though, he’s a target for some of the lazier boo boys despite how well he often plays.

Real Emerald
03-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Yes he played really well today, well done that man :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2019, 05:31 PM
it took the old timer to create for us :agree:

Smartie
03-08-2019, 05:32 PM
My MOTM today also, although in fairness He didn’t have much opposition outside of Rocky (excellent saves at crucial times and Scotty (if nothing else for his goal).

I often wonder if we expect Whits to be the same player he was first time round 10-15 years ago. Obviously that will never be the case. He’s lost a couple of yards of pace but is an intelligent player who rarely dives in at the wrong time in a tackle and his long range passing is superb. Has a decent shot as well when he gets the chance.

He may well be a standing for now whilst SDG and Lewis are out of action but he is reliable and that is what is needed more often than not

He was my MOTM.

I thought he was immense today and did well when all around him others were struggling.

The only player who I thought got near him for MOTM was Paul Hanlon. Hanlon seems to have slipped under the radar a bit for most folk today. He had one last ditch bit of brilliance to bail us out during the first half, was generally neat and tidy and took the initiative to drive forward when we were looking a bit static in the second half. He had a very good afternoon.

Scott Allan ended up being the difference in the end, but for much of the game we struggled to get him involved and at times he made mistakes that other players would be slaughtered for.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 05:34 PM
He was very good - hopefully it gets some folk off his back although I doubt it. Based on folk around me they’ve made their mind up and even if someone else makes a mistake they’ll blame it on Whittaker.

B.H.F.C
03-08-2019, 06:01 PM
He was very good - hopefully it gets some folk off his back although I doubt it. Based on folk around me they’ve made their mind up and even if someone else makes a mistake they’ll blame it on Whittaker.

It won’t. The folk who slate him haven’t posted about him today. And won’t.

But when he makes a mistake they will.

Today, he filled in well with first choice players out. And will do that plenty times this season.

Never been as bad as is made out.

wookie70
03-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Totally agree with Hanlon having a great game. He defended very well but he also drove the team forward particularly 8n the second half.

He was my MOTM.

I thought he was immense today and did well when all around him others were struggling.

The only player who I thought got near him for MOTM was Paul Hanlon. Hanlon seems to have slipped under the radar a bit for most folk today. He had one last ditch bit of brilliance to bail us out during the first half, was generally neat and tidy and took the initiative to drive forward when we were looking a bit static in the second half. He had a very good afternoon.

Scott Allan ended up being the difference in the end, but for much of the game we struggled to get him involved and at times he made mistakes that other players would be slaughtered for.

ancient hibee
03-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Four players played out wide for us today . He made more progress and put in better crosses than the other three put together.Good for him but also a bit concerning.

Sean1875
03-08-2019, 06:35 PM
He was my MOTM.

Outstanding performance from him today. Multiple nutmegs on St Mirren players was just the icing on the cake :greengrin His best performance since coming back to us, hopefully many more to come this season!

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Whittaker was best man on the park today, playing 2 positions

We’re lucky to have him playing well at his age, and can play in a variety of positions

Northernhibee
03-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Three games in a row either MOTM or in our best three players.

More power to him.

Smartie
03-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Outstanding performance from him today. Multiple nutmegs on St Mirren players was just the icing on the cake :greengrin His best performance since coming back to us, hopefully many more to come this season!

The 2 inch perfect crossfield passes were another highlight for me. We were struggling for space with St Mirren closing us down but we often had a man free on the other flank. Whittaker manager to find the man with a sublime pass once in each half.

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 06:42 PM
One absolute shocker of a pass today but other than that I’ll happily give credit were it’s due. Very good performance today :aok:

theonlywayisup
03-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Excellent display by Whittaker. No doubt we_are_hibs will be along soon to say he was average.

hibee
03-08-2019, 07:50 PM
I really felt for him last season and thought he was finished so was delighted to see him play so well today, will be interesting to see how he copes against a fast winger.

tamig
03-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Scotty’s goal stole MOTM from him today. He was excellent. And there were a few on another thread saying he was “past it” despite his great performance against Newcastle the other night. We truly have some warped individuals in our support.

supermcginn
03-08-2019, 08:30 PM
He is class.

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 08:32 PM

The nutmegs were brilliant :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-08-2019, 08:33 PM
He's nowhere near as bad as some people like to make him out to be. Admittedly he's not really good enough anymore for a team that's going to be challenging up the top end of the Premiership but in games like today he's more than competent.

HFC93
03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Man of the match for me today, although the radges who hate him will keep on hating him.

Glory Lurker
03-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Assured. Intelligent. Composed. Class.

JohnM1875
03-08-2019, 11:04 PM
He was easily MOTM for me today. Right or left back he absolutely breezed it.

Love it when he plays as well as he can. Shows so many people who hate him up.

He's not even close to our biggest issue. The guys a pro through and through. And if he's fit (like he is now) he plays.

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 11:09 PM
He is looking very fit. Hope he can have a great final season
Played really well today and his combination with Newell worked really well for both until he had to move sides.
Noticed they were deep in conversation during a break in play.

California-Hibs
04-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Fairs fair, he played well today!

Hibeesmad
04-08-2019, 02:22 AM
I read on here a month or two ago that he would be away this summer. I met Whitts at an event close to the time and he said he wanted to finish his career at Hibs, it’s nice to see him still showing the quality he has.

Allant1981
04-08-2019, 06:18 AM
I read on here a month or two ago that he would be away this summer. I met Whitts at an event close to the time and he said he wanted to finish his career at Hibs, it’s nice to see him still showing the quality he has.

Yip there was a poster who pretends to know everything that's going on at the club saying he was definitely away

coldingham hibs
04-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Whittaker had a very solid game and our group all thought he was MOM. It’s funny how people see a game differently as I thought Scott Allan wasn't particularly great and Kamberi was poor until the final 10 minutes, I don’t think he does well on his own but I’d still expect a bit more from him, gives the ball away too often.

Brooster
04-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Great performance and attitude from Whittaker yesterday. He was running on empty at the end which is hardly surprising in that heat, in fact he had maybe even taken a knock. Hopefully more of the same next week.

brog
04-08-2019, 08:22 AM
He was top class todayvas was PH. The difference in our distribution when PH was the spare man rather than Jackson was what finally got us in behind Saints. Congrats to both & really the whole team for kerping going on a tough shift.

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Very good performance.