PDA

View Full Version : Doidge

Diclonius
03-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Played 30 minutes of league football, got himself into good positions and won't miss any more chances like that for the rest of his Hibs career.

Guarantee it.

tonyrougier123
03-08-2019, 03:54 PM
Played 30 minutes of league football, got himself into good positions and won't miss any more chances like that for the rest of his Hibs career.

Guarantee it.

Looked decent what I've seen

HibsGW
03-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Not too convinced yet on his football abilities but his work rate and physicality is definitely good. Fingers crossed you’re right

SChibs
03-08-2019, 03:56 PM
He was unlucky today but good thing is he was in the right place. He wouldn't be making a career outbid being a striker by missing those chances every week

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 04:01 PM
First one got caught under his feet, should have had another 2 after that as well, seems decent enough and will chip in with a few this season I reckon

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Played a big part in setting up the goal. Missed a couple of chances. Battled away and had a few decent runs.

I saw nothing that makes me think he's worth raving about or rubbishing today. A mixed bag.

neil7908
03-08-2019, 04:16 PM
If his finishing picks up he'll be a good addition for us.

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Very good pass to Allan that got us our goal. Yes he bottled it in front of goals a couple of times, but we need to give him time.

Sean1875
03-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Aye very confident he’ll come good for us, really rate his energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
03-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Misses or not. I like his contribution and work rate - I’d start him before Kamberi

My_Wife_Camille
03-08-2019, 04:25 PM
He couldn’t have had two better chances to get himself off to a flyer but for whatever reason he’s failed to take them.

Very poor for a professional footballer at any level and it’s up to him to bounce back now.

Springbank
03-08-2019, 04:27 PM
The new Amadou Konte

Hopefully like big Konte he fires us into Europe

Frazerbob
03-08-2019, 04:27 PM
He’ll never get an easier hat-trick opportunity. Woeful finishing.

BegbieHSC
03-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Misses or not. I like his contribution and work rate - I’d start him before Kamberi

No chance! Good work rate, but Kamberi’s technical play/speed is much better. They look like they’re starting to work well together though. Would consider a diamond with both of them.

lord bunberry
03-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Shocking finishing today, he’ll need to up his game as the last thing we need is a striker that doesn’t score goals.

Onceinawhile
03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
If he'd scored the first, he'd probably have had the confidence to bag the other two.

matty_f
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
If he'd scored the first, he'd probably have had the confidence to bag the other two.

:agree:

He won’t miss two easier chances than he did today.

I always think I’m less worried about a striker missing those than a striker who never gets in a position to miss them.

judas
03-08-2019, 04:42 PM
This post is refreshing.

The lad was getting pilloried where I was sitting, but yes, he was in the right place pretty much 3 times. Hibs also posed more of a threat when he came on.

bigwheel
03-08-2019, 04:52 PM
No chance! Good work rate, but Kamberi’s technical play/speed is much better. They look like they’re starting to work well together though. Would consider a diamond with both of them.

Not a fan of Flo. Also missed an easy one on one and a swell out a ball in to the box that he didn’t even make an effort to head or touch ...always on the his back foot....

makaveli1875
03-08-2019, 04:54 PM
We should have spent the money on shankland.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 04:55 PM

He was free was he not?

wookie70
03-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Jury is still out for me. I don't see the workrate others do as he is very static and doesn't make enough runs into space for me. He may be a bit like Grant Holt with supporters giving him great credit for wrestling with CHs whilst rarely winning a header but capable of some reasonable link play and the occasional goal. Very early though and I hope he has far more movement than is seen currently and starts putting more chances away. There were a couple of signs that he could link up with Flo so that was promising.

calumhibee1
03-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Absolutely shocking misses. BUT..

He was in the positions to miss them. Most other days he’d score at least 2, probably even all 3 of them.

Northernhibee
03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
He reminds me of Colin Nish. Plays a lot of good flick ins for others and is a nuisance if not the best finisher. Looks a bit clumsy but has his place.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Jury is still out for me. I don't see the workrate others do as he is very static and doesn't make enough runs into space for me. He may be a bit like Grant Holt with supporters giving him great credit for wrestling with CHs whilst rarely winning a header but capable of some reasonable link play and the occasional goal. Very early though and I hope he has far more movement than is seen currently and starts putting more chances away. There were a couple of signs that he could link up with Flo so that was promising.

Sorry cant agree, he is certainly not static, he is always looking to make a run in behind or out wide

banchoryhibs
03-08-2019, 05:09 PM
We looked more dangerous with him on the pitch. He added more energy and gave us an extra option up front... BUT we need to be much more clinical in the box and much more inventive in the last third.

I thought that overall we deserved a point today - we nicked the win -- that will do me!

sean04
03-08-2019, 05:11 PM
He's a worry, should've had a hat trick

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 05:13 PM
He's a worry, should've had a hat trick

As others have pointed out, the time to worry is when we have a striker that doesn't get in those positions.

Sammy7nil
03-08-2019, 05:18 PM
He was unlucky today but good thing is he was in the right place. He wouldn't be making a career outbid being a striker by missing those chances every week

He may well come good however he was not unlucky today his finishing was woeful.

hibeerealist
03-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Given we signed him as a “striker” I have to say his strikes today were p I s h.

Yes he he got into the positions to “miss” but can’t go on like that surely. We will see how he does over next 6-8 games or so but missing regularly will see him on the bench.

Jury is out but I hope he proves me and some of the other doubters wrong!

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
and to think james collins still gerts stick to this day

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 05:31 PM
and to think james collins still gerts stick to this day

Why would he not get stick? He was absolutely brutal and helped get us relegated:confused:

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Why would he not get stick? He was absolutely brutal and helped get us relegated:confused:

he missed one sitter against our pink friends, and he ran himself in to the ground for us each game chasing all over up front on his own... aye he relegated us

loanheadhibby
03-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Could be the new James Collins?

Thought he did OK but got to take your chances. Could have been costly if St Mirren took one of their chances at the end.

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 05:41 PM
he missed one sitter against our pink friends, and he ran himself in to the ground for us each game chasing all over up front on his own... aye he relegated us

He was terrible in 3 of the 4 derbies against what was basically a Hearts YOUTH team. Got bullied by them. Even the game he scored in his woeful play led to them equalising.

Poor touch, couldn't link up play, couldnt pass the thing. Awful.

I said he helped relegate us, not that he did it alone. Indisputable.

SChibs
03-08-2019, 05:56 PM

I'd have kept Collins in the championship. If you compare him and Cummings it goes to show how a good work ethic can make a real difference

Seveno
03-08-2019, 06:16 PM
He made such a difference when he came in, particularly giving Kamberi some space to operate in. Yes, he missed chances but he got into the position to get them. He looked the best of the new signings by a mile.

Mon Dieu4
03-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Makes intelligent runs and holds the ball up well, I like him but that sitter today was outrageous imo

Smartie
03-08-2019, 06:37 PM
I didn't think any of his sitters were sitters.

The first fell behind him, the second came at him very quickly and he still had a lot of players between him and the goal for his third.

If the truth be told none of Heckingbottom's new players filled me full of hope today but at least Doidge worked hard and played a part in a goal.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2019, 06:39 PM
He'll need to up his finishing. We can't afford to have a striker missing the kind of chances he did today.

Chefki Kuqi
03-08-2019, 06:40 PM
I think we looked more threatening with him and Kamberi as a pair, I think they’ll make a good partnership.

Springbank
03-08-2019, 06:40 PM

The first fell behind him, the second came at him very quickly and he still had a lot of players between him and the goal for his third.

If the truth be told none of Heckingbottom's new players filled me full of hope today but at least Doidge worked hard and played a part in a goal.

The first two were sitters, in fact they were sitters in the category that is normally reserved for Chris Iwelumo....

My_Wife_Camille
03-08-2019, 06:41 PM
That’s it, I am done 🤣

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 06:42 PM
His finishing wasn’t great, but he got into the positions. If he keeps doing this, and we get good balls into the box, he’ll score goals for Hibs

Have to remember he’s stepped up a level at Hibs, from where he was previously playing

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 06:45 PM

I thought the first was the closest to a sitter but would need to see it again.

I dont think the second was a sitter as it was fired across so fast and just a bit unlucky that it didnt fall right for him.

mcfly
03-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Won’t get many better chances than he had today.

Must do better or will be a complete waste of money.

mcfly
03-08-2019, 06:47 PM

Eh??? He missed 2 open goals.

The second one from kamberi was a shocking miss.

He must score these chances

hibeerealist
03-08-2019, 06:52 PM

Absolute gimmes and pro footballer should be tucking these away easily, what game are these guys watching?????

Smartie
03-08-2019, 06:55 PM

I know they looked bad, but I didn't think either was an open goal.

The first one the goal was open but the ball fell behind him and he was never in control of the ball.

The second one the goal was open but the ball came at him really quickly and he'd probably have been better off just letting it hit his knee or his shin and hope for the best instead of somehow letting it go through him.

I appreciate they looked horrendous and I'll be interested in seeing them again but I honestly think they were tougher than they looked.

jeffers
03-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Not going to write anyone off so early on in their Hibs career but I've not been impressed with Doidge at all so far. Interesting that James Collins name has been mentioned on this thread as I can see similarities - runs about a lot, doesn't look a great finisher and (if reports are true) in Hibs terms cost a decent fee. His misses today were really poor, I can imagine the stick Shaw would have got if he had missed the chances.

Agree we looked better with two up front, but not convinced we have the personnel to make that work against the top six sides. Can't really work out why we seem to want to play one up top when we don't appear to have a striker who is great at holding the ball up/winning aerial challenges.

Back to Doidge, hopefully he improves as the season goes on.

supermcginn
03-08-2019, 07:03 PM
I like him. Written off already absolute joke.

greenlex
03-08-2019, 07:06 PM
I know they looked bad, but I didn't think either was an open goal.

The first one the goal was open but the ball fell behind him and he was never in control of the ball.

The second one the goal was open but the ball came at him really quickly and he'd probably have been better off just letting it hit his knee or his shin and hope for the best instead of somehow letting it go through him.

I appreciate they looked horrendous and I'll be interested in seeing them again but I honestly think they were tougher than they looked.
I agree . He should have done better with the second tho. Any part of his body on the end of it with decent contact it’s in the onion bag.

bigwheel
03-08-2019, 07:07 PM
I like him. Written off already absolute joke.

I like him too - tbh. Did more in his short time than Kamberi had done before then - and then helped get the best from Kamberi and others ..assist with the goal ..

Sure the misses were poor ..lots of work on - but like a lot of what he brings

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 07:13 PM
You guys are a tough school.
Hibs were horrific in the second half before Doidge and Slivka came on.
Thereafter Hibs made a load of chances.

The 1st Doidge chance that folks are describing as an open goal looked nothing of the sort from where I was sitting.
The ball was well behind him and he was physically unable to quickly enough get sufficient forward motion on the ball to get it to move it towards the net.
Only a player with a leg the length of Peter Crouch could have managed this feat.

The 2nd one, came after the goal and looked a sitter to me.

I think this guy will be unspectacular but will quietly go about scoring goals for us.

Re Kamberi, i thought he did as much as he was allowed. One of the biggest problems he had was that there was generally no Hibs player within 20 metres of him. This must change if he and Hibs are to be effective.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2019, 07:22 PM
I thought the first was the closest to a sitter but would need to see it again.

I dont think the second was a sitter as it was fired across so fast and just a bit unlucky that it didnt fall right for him.

I’m the reverse of this from my seat. Thought the first chance the ball was behind him. Second chance a sitter. Laid on a plate and Flo looked pretty fed up with the attempt made.
Hope the big fellah keeps plugging away as chances don’t come along in bundles. His contribution overall was good enough for me though.

LaMotta
03-08-2019, 07:38 PM
I’m the reverse of this from my seat. Thought the first chance the ball was behind him. Second chance a sitter. Laid on a plate and Flo looked pretty fed up with the attempt made.
Hope the big fellah keeps plugging away as chances don’t come along in bundles. His contribution overall was good enough for me though.

You could be right mate need to see again. Not as clear cut sitters as many are making out though :cb

sean04
04-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Was really frustrated with his finishing yesterday. Should've had a hat trick. Hopefully 1 of the strikers that it will just click for. Lay off the Allan for the goal was class

B.H.F.C
04-08-2019, 10:46 AM
I thought he’d be useless outside the box but put the ball in the net if you got the ball to him in the box.

Couldn’t have been more of the opposite yesterday.

FilipinoHibs
04-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Very good pass to Allan that got us our goal. Yes he bottled it in front of goals a couple of times, but we need to give him time.

I thought that's what made a striker - coolness in front of goal. Maybe SPL pace and skill levels beyond him. I fear we have a donkey. Time will tell

PatHead
04-08-2019, 10:50 AM
If you look at Cosgrove for Aberdeen. Was absolutely rubbish for months, Aberdeen persevered and now is scoring goals for fun. Got to give him time.

S4uzee
04-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Was really frustrated with his finishing yesterday. Should've had a hat trick. Hopefully 1 of the strikers that it will just click for. Lay off the Allan for the goal was class

I was a bit critical in pre-season but thought he did well yesterday. Set up the goal and constantly chased. He did miss decent chances but you could say he was in the right position. The chance at 0-0, Flo should hurry that 1v1

The Leith Dutch
04-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Looked like we had no interest in signing Shankland.

That may or may not have been a good decision but I'll wager that yesterday's performances from Doidge and Shankland respectively will not continue over the entire season. Doidge will start scoring and Shankland unlikely to hit multiple goals per game.

Shankland likely to score more over the season as a player for a big team in a poorer division.
Might be wrong and Shankland may go on to score a barrel load relatively speaking but will be interesting to see.

sean04
04-08-2019, 10:58 AM
I was a bit critical in pre-season but thought he did well yesterday. Set up the goal and constantly chased. He did miss decent chances but you could say he was in the right position. The chance at 0-0, Flo should hurry that 1v1

I would be very surprised if he doesn't score goals for us

we are hibs
04-08-2019, 11:07 AM
I like him. And i reckon if we went 2 up you would get the best from both kamberi and himself with Allan in behind.

CloudSquall
04-08-2019, 11:16 AM
I like him. And i reckon if we went 2 up you would get the best from both kamberi and himself with Allan in behind.

That's what I'd like to see especially against teams outside the top 4 / 5.