PDA

View Full Version : Allan's finishing...

Diclonius
03-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Allan's finishing is: Amazing... Awesome... Above average...

California-Hibs
03-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Guy is class. How did no other team batter Celtics door down for him?! 🤣 Our gain big time!

Carheenlea
03-08-2019, 04:12 PM
How many points do we think Scotty Allan will be worth to us this season? A killer pass/assist here, goal out of nothing there...I sense quite a few.

Diclonius
03-08-2019, 04:14 PM
How many points do we think Scotty Allan will be worth to us this season? A killer pass/assist here, goal out of nothing there...I sense quite a few.

Stick on for player of the season.

My_Wife_Camille
03-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Up there with the best and most underrated players I’ve even seen at Hibs.

Diclonius
03-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Up there with the best and most underrated players I’ve even seen at Hibs.

He's the best midfielder I've ever seen play for us, and I include McGinn in that.

hibbydad
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Scott is pure class

gazzag70
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Allan is a joy to watch, a real pleasure to have him back!

SeanWilson
03-08-2019, 04:37 PM
He's the best midfielder I've ever seen play for us, and I include McGinn in that.

🤣🤣 Go to bed.

03-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Jesus

Onion
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
Best player on the park by a country mile. Yet was peripheral for long spells as was played far too high up park with no midfielders able to link or find him. Once he was played deeper in the 2nd half, he was central to everything good that Hibs produced.

Class act.

We just need others to raise their game to anything close to Scott's.

rcarter1
03-08-2019, 04:43 PM
He is the gift that keeps on giving! I dare say he has a tidy sum tucked away courtesy of Celtics generous ‘Pay for no play’ system.. Good work Scott, What a dude!! 🤩

thebausburst
03-08-2019, 04:43 PM
He is a very special player and someone we just need to enjoy whilst we have him, which will hopefully be for a long time.

wookie70
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM
For me he tries the killer pass too often and today we saw his head go down a couple of times when playing a poor pass. Giving the ball to the opposition when we are in a promising position gives them momentum and confidence and that happened too much today. Allan wasn't the only one slack with his passing but he gave it away far too much. I thought he was poor today for the most part but he did score the winner and his fitness looks miles better lasting the 90 minutes. One of our problems this year is we have quite a few players who on their day will be matchwinners and a joy to watch, Allan, Horgan, Newell spring to mind. If they aren't on their day we might not get a great deal out of them and that was the case for me today albeit Allan gets pass marks for the winner.

SeanWilson
03-08-2019, 04:52 PM
For me he tries the killer pass too often and today we saw his head go down a couple of times when playing a poor pass. Giving the ball to the opposition when we are in a promising position gives them momentum and confidence and that happened too much today. Allan wasn't the only one slack with his passing but he gave it away far too much. I thought he was poor today for the most part but he did score the winner and his fitness looks miles better lasting the 90 minutes. One of our problems this year is we have quite a few players who on their day will be matchwinners and a joy to watch, Allan, Horgan, Newell spring to mind. If they aren't on their day we might not get a great deal out of them and that was the case for me today albeit Allan gets pass marks for the winner.
You can tell why he did so well with SJM and DM around him, he's similar to Mallan in that he needs industrial players around him to mop up the stuff that doesn't come off. He's a great wee player but not sure our current midfield will allow for a player to be a passenger for most of the game and wonderful in parts.

random sub
03-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Call me fearful but I did wonder how we would cope if Allan got injured this season!

The boy is class.

Northernhibee
03-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Other than a couple of moments of magic I thought he was decent today but no better than that.

LustForLeith
03-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Other than a couple of moments of magic I thought he was decent today but no better than that.

I agree. There were a few misplaced passes. You can tell he’s a cut above a lot of the players so he’s maybe trying something that they’re not in tune with.

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Far and away the best player on the park today

That finish....quick feet.....was just sublime !

Iggy Pope
03-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Jesus

You never know mate, the windows not done yet.

jeffers
03-08-2019, 08:01 PM
I thought the good things came from him today, but he had a few slack moments too. What I don't understand is why he was playing so advanced and on the right side. He needs to be deeper and in the centre of the park.

Jim44
03-08-2019, 08:04 PM
You can tell why he did so well with SJM and DM around him, he's similar to Mallan in that he needs industrial players around him to mop up the stuff that doesn't come off. He's a great wee player but not sure our current midfield will allow for a player to be a passenger for most of the game and wonderful in parts.

Your view, and I’m not saying it’s wrong, seems to fall in line with Sutton’s and Craigen’s the other night. Full of admiration for SA but unsure if there is a place for him in our current midfield. Personally, I hope you and they are wrong as I don’t see Allan being just a bit part player for us.

Torto7
03-08-2019, 08:04 PM
For us he's box office. My kids have done nothing but yap about him since he came back. When he gets another 3 or 4 games in him and gets his rhythm back then we've got an absolute magician in his prime who during his last loan spell was showing leadership qualities.

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Your view, and I’m not saying it’s wrong, seems to fall in line with Sutton’s and Craigen’s the other night. Full of admiration for SA but unsure if there is a place for him in our current midfield. Personally, I hope you and they are wrong as I don’t see Allan being just a bit part player for us.

Heard their chat

It sounded as though they expected us to leave our best player on the bench

Not going to happen

erin go bragh
03-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Heard their chat

Not going to happen
Absolute fandangles . First name on the team sheet . Wonderful pass to Kamberi and his quick feet and finish was sublime.

rcarter1
03-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Absolute fandangles . First name on the team sheet . Wonderful pass to Kamberi and his quick feet and finish was sublime.

I hope he features heavily, certainly giving manager a reason for him to be included. 🙏

Fergos
03-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Agree, sure we’ll see more from him, he’s a class act on form as we have witnessed. Loves the big games too.

GGTTH

Jim44
03-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Heard their chat

Not going to happen

I think they were actually ‘hoping’ that SA might not feature much for us and seemed to be floating this ridiculous notion, to make things easier for Celtic and Sevco.

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 08:26 PM
I think they were actually ‘hoping’ that SA might not feature much for us and seemed to be floating this ridiculous notion, to make things easier for Celtic and Sevco.

:agree:

Just like their “ hard done to Lenny chat”

Since452
03-08-2019, 08:28 PM
I think Scott is one of those players that everything just clicks for him at a particular club. Hibs are that club.

tamig
03-08-2019, 08:29 PM
🤣🤣 Go to bed.

Why? How do you know how old the boy is? Maybe he never saw the Tornadoes or Mowbray’s team. In saying that Scotty Allan could have graced either imo.

Blaster
03-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Best player on the park by a country mile. Yet was peripheral for long spells as was played far too high up park with no midfielders able to link or find him. Once he was played deeper in the 2nd half, he was central to everything good that Hibs produced.

Class act.

Key point for me. Slightly too high up the park first half. Difficult for defenders or other midfielders to find him. Huge difference 2nd half

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Pulled us out the fire today which is the bottom line.
3 invaluable points against a bottom 6 team.

However, he has a lot of improving to do after his long lay off.
His decision making and execution will hopefully improve with every game.

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 08:42 PM
That was a class finish. :not worth From a classy player. :flag:

03-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Scott Allan is a class act. An eye for goal, can pick out a killer pass and just has a very very good footballing brain whos always one step ahead.

I still class his performance v Rangers in the 4-0 game at ER in 2014 the greatest individual performance I've ever witnessed from a hibs player. He was simply PHENOMINAL that day, Sevco simply had no answers to him, he absolutely ran riot. Left that we scrote Ian Black on his arse and you could see Black getting increasingly frustrated at not being able to get anywhere close to him. 100% if Black hadn't been subbed off that day he would have ended up snapping Allan out of sheer frustration. IIRC he booted the away dug out when he came off :greengrin Scotty got RIGHT under his skin that day and it was ****ing glorious to watch!

Shrekko
03-08-2019, 09:41 PM
He’s got balls that’s for sure. There was a spell in the 2nd half when a few things hadn’t come off and the ever patient Hibs fans were getting restless. It didn’t stop him being brave and trying to create magic.

He’s hit the inside of the post, scored a peach and opened up their defence twice in a way that most players cant. That’s a good days work for someone who trying to make things happen.

Is It On....
03-08-2019, 09:57 PM

SA has averaged a goal / assist every second game he has started for Hibs so I can't see him being a bit player for us this season. He is one of the most talented players in the league and if our manager can set up the team to max SA's talent then we will have a great season

Is It On....
03-08-2019, 10:09 PM

Very different players so can't comment on who is best. What I would say is that, in my opinion, the midfield trio - holy trinity - of SA, SJM and DM that graced us for half a season is the best I have ever seen at Hibs [I started watching in the 80s].

supermcginn
03-08-2019, 10:19 PM

Agreed apart from latapy.

Jim44
03-08-2019, 10:45 PM
I find it hard to split Latapy and McGinn, both outstanding players for us, but I reckon that McGinn with his loyalty and affection for Hibs, just pips Latapy who left us under a bit of a cloud. Just my opinion, of course.

pacorosssco
03-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Call me fearful but I did wonder how we would cope if Allan got injured this season!

The boy is class.

Yes looks like everything being put on his shoulders.

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2019, 10:52 PM

Class act.

He really wasn’t the best player by a country mile today, fantastic player and a great finish but he wasn’t at his best. Whittaker was the outstanding player today.

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Allan had a few very poor passes today that were nowhere near his target.

I'm relaxed because I know he is better than that.

HibsGW
03-08-2019, 11:03 PM

This is one thing I’ve never personally seen myself. If this is how people see him then absolutely fair enough but I’ve never thought it’s anything other than a tired cliche of saying a creative midfielder is a passenger all game unless hes getting assists, in my eyes Allan does just as much tracking back and tackling as any of our other midfielders do and always has done, as well as providing all of the chances that he does

Torto7
03-08-2019, 11:24 PM
This is one thing I’ve never personally seen myself. If this is how people see him then absolutely fair enough but I’ve never thought it’s anything other than a tired cliche of saying a creative midfielder is a passenger all game unless hes getting assists, in my eyes Allan does just as much tracking back and tackling as any of our other midfielders do and always has done, as well as providing all of the chances that he does

Yeah good point. He did this during his loan spell with us as well. He's coming into his prime years and looks hungry. This is his big chance to really become the main man and a leader. Scotland caps are a possibility if the above happens.

vuefrom1875
03-08-2019, 11:58 PM
🤣🤣 Go to bed.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz,

HFCcammy1875
04-08-2019, 01:06 AM
Beside the goal, surly I can’t be the only one who thought he was poor by his standard today 🤣

JohnM1875
04-08-2019, 01:44 AM
Beside the goal, surly I can’t be the only one who thought he was poor by his standard today 🤣

So you didn't think his shot that hit the post or the two one on one chances he created were outstanding?

I kinda agree with what you're saying though about his own standards. But if that's Allan after only a few matches I can't wait so see what he has to offer when fully on it.

Hibeesmad
04-08-2019, 01:48 AM
I’ll be shocked if he isn’t in the Scotland squad between now and November

SingaporeHibs
04-08-2019, 02:11 AM
He is our best and most important player by a country mile. Love him

FilipinoHibs
04-08-2019, 03:29 AM

Best since the tornadoes- notvckassing Latapy as midfielder, a maverick entertainer.

HoboHarry
04-08-2019, 03:38 AM
Jesus

Don't think we should sign him mate. Delivered one cross of note in his life and never played again......

cocteautwin
04-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Stick on for player of the season.

Whittaker. You heard it here first.

eastcoasthibby
04-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Mallan is the passenger in our midfield SA not only plays killer passes, his work rate, mobility to get around the pitch, closing down, tackles and ability to score and create is much better than Mallan. Mallan has ability in his long range passing, dead balls, and undoubtedly can score from long range, takes the ball but just doesn't give us enough in the rest of his game compared to Allan ...so if anyone could be bench warming it should be Mallan.

we are hibs
04-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Thought he was hindered by playing off the right tbh. He is at his best when hes allowed to wander and do as he pleases but he isnt going to get that under heckingbottom.

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
For a game like yesterday, I'd change the formation to a 4-1-4-1 to have both Allan and Mallan in attacking positions. Horgan and Newall can give us the width with the full backs working on a pendulum ie when one goes forward, the other stays back to support Vela and the CHs.

scooby
04-08-2019, 10:19 AM
I agree. There were a few misplaced passes. You can tell he’s a cut above a lot of the players so he’s maybe trying something that they’re not in tune with.

Spot on, he is a very intelligent player and often sees a pass that others around him don't anticipate.

FRes Hibbie
04-08-2019, 10:29 AM
I thought he looked quite rusty yesterday, I noticed quite a few wee passes that were behind players or cut out easily by st mirren - that’s hardly surprising though given how little he’s played in the last year. Despite that he was still constantly looking for the ball and ended up getting the winner. I’m expecting him to be properly up to speed soon and, at that time, there’s not a better player in the league than Scott Allan.

1van Sprou7e
04-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Amy vids of his goal yet? Had to leave the game early

O'Rourke3
04-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I thought he looked quite rusty yesterday, I noticed quite a few wee passes that were behind players or cut out easily by st mirren - that’s hardly surprising though given how little he’s played in the last year. Despite that he was still constantly looking for the ball and ended up getting the winner. I’m expecting him to be properly up to speed soon and, at that time, there’s not a better player in the league than Scott Allan.

Prtety much this. In his first seaon with us he tried a lot of killer passes that went astray - but at the time he was the only one in the team doing that and I do remember some of the natives getting a bit restless as to his worth. He hadn't kicked a ball in about a year and by Christmas we knew exactly what we had in Scott Allan. He's overall much fitter but still needs games. Wasn't at his best yesterday but the goal was a thing of beauty and a huge relief after the two posts and the Doige sitters. Great to see him back.

Keyser Sauzee
04-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Don’t think he was at his best yesterday but he will be flying soon, can see him earning himself a Scotland call up this season.

Hibee Mac
04-08-2019, 03:43 PM
A couple of points:

Hecky seems intent on playing Allan really high up the pitch almost as a 2nd striker. The sooner he realises this is a bad idea the better, Allan's movement is great and every time he came a little deeper he made something happen.

Secondly, I really feel for Allan sometimes as you can tell he's just a step ahead of everyone else in the team; he takes the ball in, bursts away from his man, looks up to play a killer pass..... and there's no one making a decent run! This happened far too much yesterday and it's just inexcusable from our forwards but more from our wingers, they need to make decisive runs in behind instead of standing on the touchline!!

Keith_M
04-08-2019, 07:00 PM
He really wasn’t the best player by a country mile today, fantastic player and a great finish but he wasn’t at his best. Whittaker was the outstanding player today.

He was my MOTM as well.

He had a fantastic shot at goal in the first half and really deserved to score.

Jack Hackett
04-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Cheese & toast
Gin & Tonic
Fish & Chips
Strawberries & Cream
Scott Allan & Hibs

Some things are just made for each other

04-08-2019, 08:25 PM
A couple of points:

Hecky seems intent on playing Allan really high up the pitch almost as a 2nd striker. The sooner he realises this is a bad idea the better, Allan's movement is great and every time he came a little deeper he made something happen.

Secondly, I really feel for Allan sometimes as you can tell he's just a step ahead of everyone else in the team; he takes the ball in, bursts away from his man, looks up to play a killer pass..... and there's no one making a decent run! This happened far too much yesterday and it's just inexcusable from our forwards but more from our wingers, they need to make decisive runs in behind instead of standing on the touchline!!

Second point is bang on and I said the same the last time he was here. Players need to be making the runs and trust in Allan to pick them out. Alans forever looking for the pass to play so we need guys in there making the runs and allowing a quick attack.

CMurdoch
04-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Just saw his goal for the first time since the match and it is very good, lots of little adjustments to make space to get the shot away.