PDA

View Full Version : Shocking.

Greencore
03-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Too much litter about, only takes two minutes to put your rubbish in a bin!!!!! Get it sorted.

Cabbage East
03-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Sound mate.

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 03:02 PM
A lot of people are manky, lazy *******s. It's not exclusive to football stadiums. You have to wonder what state their houses are in.

Just Jimmy
03-08-2019, 03:22 PM
A lot of people are manky, lazy *******s. It's not exclusive to football stadiums. You have to wonder what state their houses are in.exactly what you'd expect. less wipe your feet on the way out, and more take your footwear off after and burn it in a fire.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

judas
03-08-2019, 06:17 PM
The lack of respect some fans have for our amazing home is staggering.

That said, I think you would find some of our fans probably litter their own homes.

Not Hibs class.

onthefence
03-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Too much litter about, only takes two minutes to put your rubbish in a bin!!!!! Get it sorted.

I was maybe guilty of this today as i put my juice cup under the seat when finished. I did see a lot of seagulls during the first half. What can fans do to make it better DURING the match? If you are sitting in the middle of a busy row a good height up should fans leave there seats to go down and put the rubbish in bins OR could football clubs offer more bins in other areas? That said I could have taken it with me but forgot so apologies if I added to this!

Michael
03-08-2019, 06:31 PM
I was maybe guilty of this today as i put my juice cup under the seat when finished. I did see a lot of seagulls during the first half. What can fans do to make it better DURING the match? If you are sitting in the middle of a busy row a good height up should fans leave there seats to go down and put the rubbish in bins OR could football clubs offer more bins in other areas? That said I could have taken it with me but forgot so apologies if I added to this!

Don't think there's much wrong with leaving stuff under your seat. Similar to what you do in theatre or cinema. I don't think it's rude to do it in these environments - when I was a student I worked in a theatre and didn't mind going through then aeiles picking up rubbish after the show.

SChibs
03-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Don't think there's much wrong with leaving stuff under your seat. Similar to what you do in theatre or cinema. I don't think it's rude to do it in these environments - when I was a student I worked in a theatre and didn't mind going through then aeiles picking up rubbish after the show.

It would be nice if people did take their rubbish to the concourse and put it in the bin so the stewards could get away earlier. Fair enough it's part of their job but we all appreciate getting away from work a wee bit quicker. It wouldnt take much effort from people. A but if respect as said above too

Greenbeard
03-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Don't Be a Tosser.
It's Not Hard.
JUST BIN IT.

Carheenlea
03-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Football stadiums are one of these places folk leave their litter, but don’t really feel it’s littering as they know that a squad sweep the stands after the game at some point. Cinemas are another, and while I don’t leave my empty containers on the floor in the cinema, I find it a struggle to firstly locate a bin in the foyer, then secondly you often can’t fit the stuff in the small hole for depositing. They’re more or less asking you to leave it for them to clear themselves. Football stadiums have a similar feel to it.

Joe6-2
03-08-2019, 08:14 PM

I just don’t get this, such bloody laziness, makes my blood boil seeing folk throw rubbish in the street, especially kids with adults with them who do nothing

#2 Double Tap
03-08-2019, 08:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTY8fkMzVWw

you got this in your playlist?:na na:

Sweet Left Peg
03-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Is it the Japanese fans who tidy up after a match they've been at?

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 10:24 PM
I did notice that a paper bag was as usual playing in midfield after 20 minutes.
Folk should be encouraged to deposit their half eaten food at half and full time in the concourse buckets.
It would quickly reduce the killer seagull numbers. They know slob's attend Easter Road.

Hibeesmad
04-08-2019, 01:46 AM
Is it the Japanese fans who tidy up after a match they've been at?

I’m sure a lot of the African fans did similar at the World Cup last year

SingaporeHibs
04-08-2019, 02:03 AM
I’ve lived in Singapore for a number of years where littering isn’t tolerated and there are loads of bins. You don’t have to look far to dump your rubbish. When back home I think Edinburgh should have more bins generally and that goes for ER as well. The easier it is for people to dump their own rubbish the more likely it is they will clean up after themselves. Make it easier by having more bins, promote the use of them and we might be amazed of the results. Treat ER stadium like your home. GGTTH

percy veer
04-08-2019, 07:20 AM
No litter no jobs. Job creation, bigger things to get your knickers in a twist about

GreenCastle
04-08-2019, 07:33 AM
No litter no jobs. Job creation, bigger things to get your knickers in a twist about

No litter - better environment.

“Community club” litters the local community in and around stadium - doesn’t look too good.

Community club doesn’t even recycle - though I believe this is on the long to do list hopefully alongside PA system.

Onceinawhile
04-08-2019, 07:35 AM
A bin at the bottom of each set of stairs would help. Far easier to drop litter than go down into the concourse. Folk eating during the game, won't want to miss any of it either.

HibbySpurs
04-08-2019, 08:02 AM
I noticed there was no or none that I saw bins outside the ground at the FF turnstiles yesterday and people had left bottles/cans against the wall as I had to do after carrying an empty juice can up St. Clair Street with the intention of putting it in a bin outside the ground. As you can’t carry cans or bottles into the ground what are folk to do if there’s no rubbish bins outside the ground?

Fuzzywuzzy
04-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Doesn't really matter. If someone is a lazy ****er they'll not bother. I've seen people stand next to a bin and drop the litter as it's easier than actually engaging their brain and moving a couple of feet

Jones28
04-08-2019, 08:15 AM

If the litter is disposed of properly the club and the environment benefit. Bigger picture.

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 09:43 AM
I don't buy anything is the stadium in the first place so I don't have any litter to leave. If I did, then the lack of bins would be frustrating.

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2019, 10:52 AM
If I have a drink at the ground, I always without exception leave the empty cup under my seat. When I am anywhere else I always dispose on my litter in a bin or keep hold of it until I see one, it drives me mad seeing folk dropping litter on the street or from moving cars etc. I guess my football “litter” mentality is that it is acceptable in the stadium at your seat.

wpj
04-08-2019, 11:07 AM
I live in Cambridge and it is surprisingly clean, not sure about the U's ground because I dont go to see them play (it's a Calderwood thing) Royston Town have fans who clean the ground after each match. I have also helped on occasion but it is frustrating as there are bins in the ground that some folk dont use them

CMurdoch
04-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Our football club and phrases like "Hibs Class" can be a great vehicle for changing peoples and especially ********s behaviour. If folk saw clearing up after themselves at the football as the right thing to do it would transfer to their behaviour in the real life which would be good for all of us.

Football clubs are often seen by the general public as a negative thing for the community but it can be a great thing for changing folks behaviour for the better.

basehibby
04-08-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm an ardent critic of littering and have in the past stopped people in the street and demanded they pick up their lazily discarded crap and put it in a bin. At a football match though it's a different matter. The practicalities determine that - short of putting a load of sticky food wrappers in your pockets for up to 45 mins - it's necessary to leave your litter from half time food etc in the knowledge that it will be swept up shortly after the game. Unless of course we all had the foresight to bring a bag or something to put our rubbish in until Full Time. Plaudits to anyone who does that but I'm not getting on my high horse against those who don't.

SChibs
04-08-2019, 02:39 PM
I'm an ardent critic of littering and have in the past stopped people in the street and demanded they pick up their lazily discarded crap and put it in a bin. At a football match though it's a different matter. The practicalities determine that - short of putting a load of sticky food wrappers in your pockets for up to 45 mins - it's necessary to leave your litter from half time food etc in the knowledge that it will be swept up shortly after the game. Unless of course we all had the foresight to bring a bag or something to put our rubbish in until Full Time. Plaudits to anyone who does that but I'm not getting on my high horse against those who don't.

You don't have to put it in your pockets. You could put it under your seat then at full time pick it up and take it to the bin

danhibees1875
04-08-2019, 03:58 PM
You don't have to put it in your pockets. You could put it under your seat then at full time pick it up and take it to the bin

I don't eat at the football but I think this is what I'd do if I did.

I have no use for them so don't notice but I'm sure there's a reasonable number of bins in the concourse.

Scott Allan Key
04-08-2019, 04:48 PM
If I have a drink at the ground, I always without exception leave the empty cup under my seat. When I am anywhere else I always dispose on my litter in a bin or keep hold of it until I see one, it drives me mad seeing folk dropping litter on the street or from moving cars etc. I guess my football “litter” mentality is that it is acceptable in the stadium at your seat.If I have a bag, I'll put my ER litter in there and dispose of it in concourse on exiting. But if I've no bag and I have a couple of young kids with me, and I have to carry one of them down from top of East, then I don't have much choice but to leave my litter under the seat. I hate litter, generally, but know it's well cleaned after the game.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

heretoday
04-08-2019, 07:24 PM
The seagulls will tidy it up.

Jack Hackett
04-08-2019, 07:33 PM

:top marks

Some people are a waste of air

Carheenlea
04-08-2019, 08:08 PM
I remember games at Dumbarton where because they had bins sited at the front of the stand the majority of fans deposited their rubbish in them. The sight of others doing so had the effect of encouraging more to do the same and as a result the stand was quite noticeably litter free compared to the other grounds in the league and also our own Easter Road. They had the room on their concourse/walkway at the front of the stand though, but most grounds don't have the same room. Easter Road is one of them.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2019, 08:24 PM
I remember games at Dumbarton where because they had bins sited at the front of the stand the majority of fans deposited their rubbish in them. The sight of others doing so had the effect of encouraging more to do the same and as a result the stand was quite noticeably litter free compared to the other grounds in the league and also our own Easter Road. They had the room on their concourse/walkway at the front of the stand though, but most grounds don't have the same room. Easter Road is one of them.

Add in the fact you would have to walk down about 10 steps at Dumbarton, even if you were in the back row. Compare that to being in the back row of the East

Lago
04-08-2019, 08:38 PM
I remember reading about the Japanese rugby supporters clearing all the rubbish in their area after an international either here or in Cardiff. That's the way they are brought up, you don't see litter on their streets.

The 90+2
04-08-2019, 08:44 PM
If you tolerate mess then your children will be next.

CMurdoch
04-08-2019, 08:44 PM

Manic Street Kids

Robinho08
04-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Shocking attitude! It's a huge issue not just at ER, but everywhere. More people need to get their knickers in a twist over litter.

CMurdoch
04-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Shocking attitude! It's a huge issue not just at ER, but everywhere. More people need to get their knickers in a twist over litter.

Yeah, cleaning up after yourself is one of the basics of life.

PH91
04-08-2019, 08:58 PM
There is a very big difference between littering in the street, which is not acceptable, and leaving your litter under your seat at the football in the knowledge that it will be cleaned up straight after the game.

Those complaining about the latter need to get a grip. In fact, with the staff clearing it up after the game, there is more opportunity for them to separate into the relevant recyclable categories, rather than all going into the same bin, and so actually may be beneficial.

Carheenlea
04-08-2019, 09:23 PM
The bigger crime is those who partake in the disgusting practice of throwing their used sauce sachets back in the condiment tray - absolutely rancid.

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Brilliant, folk gettin their knickers in a twist about rubbish left under their seats, OMG, end of the world were all doomed,FFS.

SChibs
05-08-2019, 07:35 PM
There is a very big difference between littering in the street, which is not acceptable, and leaving your litter under your seat at the football in the knowledge that it will be cleaned up straight after the game.

Those complaining about the latter need to get a grip. In fact, with the staff clearing it up after the game, there is more opportunity for them to separate into the relevant recyclable categories, rather than all going into the same bin, and so actually may be beneficial.

You sound like the type of person who leaves their tray with all the rubbish on it on the table at McDonald's. Just because there's someone there to clean it up it doesn't mean you should just leave it.

GibbytheHibby2
05-08-2019, 07:43 PM

Last time I was at the cinema, they actually announce you to leave rubbish under your seat. I always used to take it with me, but apparently, they want to ensure recyclables are properly categorised in bins by the staff. If there’s one bin for everything, then it’s harder to recycle properly.

Another aspect of no bins could be security. How easy for some sick B the leave a suspicious package. One of the reasons train stations don’t have bins these days which does my nut in. . Although I must admit I having a clear plastic bag reduces that risk and should make it workable.

Eyrie
05-08-2019, 07:57 PM
It can't be that difficult to have multiple bins with posters advising what can be put in each.

Or are we stuck with the narrative that football fans are too thick to be trusted to do the right thing?

hibee
05-08-2019, 07:57 PM
I’ve lived in Singapore for a number of years where littering isn’t tolerated and there are loads of bins. You don’t have to look far to dump your rubbish. When back home I think Edinburgh should have more bins generally and that goes for ER as well. The easier it is for people to dump their own rubbish the more likely it is they will clean up after themselves. Make it easier by having more bins, promote the use of them and we might be amazed of the results. Treat ER stadium like your home. GGTTH

Edinburgh used to have lots of bins but nowadays if a bin is getting too full too often or is in a place a van can’t get to the council just remove it.

Greencore
05-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Brilliant, folk gettin their knickers in a twist about rubbish left under their seats, OMG, end of the world were all doomed,FFS.

It's Easter Road, our home and we should have respect for it. I can tell you don't do the cleaning in your home.

Greencore
05-08-2019, 07:59 PM

Correct. Won't someone think of the children?!

Greenbeard
05-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Fill yer glass wi other folk's discarded litter then ya pr1ck. Broken windae syndrome.

we are hibs
05-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Some getting quite wound up about very little. When people leave stuff under their seat its not as if its lying there and no one clears it. Hibs do have stadium cleaners you know.

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2019, 08:49 PM
You sound like the type of person who leaves their tray with all the rubbish on it on the table at McDonald's. Just because there's someone there to clean it up it doesn't mean you should just leave it.

Not a good comparison really, lazy buzzards who don’t clear their tables cause other folk to do it if there are no other tables available.

PH91
05-08-2019, 08:58 PM

I can honestly say i have never done that but i see that as a different scenario where someone else likely wants to use the table immediately after me, not to mention the numerous recycling points which are close by and don't require negotiation of stairs and large crowds.

Even if i did do that, however, i would suggest describing it as "shocking" behaviour is completely over the top.

05-08-2019, 09:00 PM
I remember reading about the Japanese rugby supporters clearing all the rubbish in their area after an international either here or in Cardiff. That's the way they are brought up, you don't see litter on their streets.

Japanese football team did it last year at the World Cup which inspired Hibs to do it at Berwick. Wonder if they’ve done it anywhere since. :cb

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-take-japan-inspiration-to-leave-thank-you-note-at-berwick-1-4764307/amp

Here’s Lucy!
05-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Cool!

Lucy agrees.

:not worth

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2019, 04:43 PM
insert double greetin face smiley, boo f,n hoo.