PDA

View Full Version : Food in the Ground

Exuberance1875
03-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Again, new season same old nonsense food in stadium, pitch looking great, like the new kits and signings! But the food is garbage. Surely our new American investor wouldn’t eat this tripe!

HH81
03-08-2019, 03:02 PM
What food do you want? Not baught any my self but seeing lots of people bringing it to their seats and we'll it just looks like the standard food you expect at a sports stadium.

SChibs
03-08-2019, 03:58 PM
If you don't like it then don't buy it. Plenty of independent bakeries near the ground and a greggs/baynes 5 mins away.if people stop buying it they will soon learn nobody likes the food and will have no choice but to improve it or lower the prices

sambajustice
03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
bet loads of the folk who moan about the price and quality of the food will happily pay £3.5-£4 for a pint of crap lager in a local boozer when they could dive up to tesco and get 3 tins of stella for the same price...

SChibs
03-08-2019, 04:33 PM
bet loads of the folk who moan about the price and quality of the food will happily pay £3.5-£4 for a pint of crap lager in a local boozer when they could dive up to tesco and get 3 tins of stella for the same price...

To be fair it's not like you could just take a 4 pack into the pub.

03-08-2019, 04:34 PM
I just wish they’d take contactless.

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2019, 04:34 PM
What food do you want? Not baught any my self but seeing lots of people bringing it to their seats and we'll it just looks like the standard food you expect at a sports stadium.

A pizza that actually tastes like a pizza?

Leitherhibs
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
They ran out of anything in FF upper by end of ht, shambles.

hibby rae
03-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Again, new season same old nonsense food in stadium, pitch looking great, like the new kits and signings! But the food is garbage. Surely our new American investor wouldn’t eat this tripe!

You didn't go for the new vegan sausage roll then?

SaulGoodman
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM
They ran out of anything in FF upper by end of ht, shambles.

Is that no how it’s meant to work????

Broken Gnome
03-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Be nice to get the staff to serve it, down to two kids serving the whole West Upper South.

LustForLeith
03-08-2019, 05:04 PM
I believe it is changing but not this season.

I feel for the folk that work in the kiosks. I witnessed one guy rip into the cashier who was assisting him. In all fairness the cashier seemed to be really nervous (one of them was visibly shaking as he was serving someone at the other end). The guy was buying a juice and two pies and gave the cashier twenty quid who then proceeded to give the guy about £18 change until he realised he was making a mistake.

It’s not exactly the most prestigious job in the world but I’d quite like to see maybe a supervisors helping out the young folk working and that the cashiers have a simple grasp of what they’re serving, what they have at the time and the prices of things. I always say it but I’m going to be a bit more proactive with taking my own stuff in.

In saying that we had a minutes applause for a girl who didn’t live to see her third birthday. Perspective.

banchoryhibs
03-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Service in West Upper was really poor - down to the lack of staff, not the staff themselves.

The mince pies I bought at half time resembled some sort of food paste that had been welded onto a circle of hardboard …. 90% inedible.

Surely we can do better.

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 05:36 PM
I'm not in any way shape or form into things like boycotts, but the time has come, boycott the kiosks!

green day
03-08-2019, 05:39 PM
I'm not in any way shape or form into things like boycotts, but the time has come, boycott the kiosks!

Isn't that broadly what people have said - if you don't like something, don't buy it?

If nobody buys the crap food, then it will soon change. The problem is that there are clearly enough people still buying it.

hibeerealist
03-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Let’s hope Ron has some ideas or brings in someone with the ideas/know how to put up good food for the fans.

i keep my grandsons well away from the awful pizzas and pies but their dads occasionally give in unfortunately.

Surprised Leanne has not addressed this by now (or brought someone in to do so).

Northernhibee
03-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Craig Thomson would still give the penalty.

SChibs
03-08-2019, 05:48 PM
We should be getting in local companies similar to the pizza thing from last season. Get an Indian restaurant to cook a big batch of curry and sell that. Even something like burritos or soups. Cheap, easy and if it tastes nice it will sell

Iain G
03-08-2019, 05:51 PM

I have had some very good food at sports stadia and there is no real reason why Hibs shouldn't be offering a lot better than they do. Need the right catering partner and a bit of vision to make it something that people want to eat.

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 05:55 PM
How hard is it to have some healthy options too? Surely we should be promoting healthy eating - since the foundation promote this stuff etc.

Fruit for example.

As covered on other threads the match at experience has been crap for a while and Hibs need to sort it out. No wonder everyone turns up at 2.50pm as no reason to go to stadium any earlier which is a shame.

Iain G
03-08-2019, 05:58 PM
How hard is it to have some healthy options too? Surely we should be promoting healthy eating - since the foundation promote this stuff etc.

Fruit for example.

As covered on other threads the match at experience has been crap for a while and Hibs need to sort it out. No wonder everyone turns up at 2.50pm as no reason to go to stadium any earlier which is a shame.

There is a whole revenue stream here that must be underperforming for the club, better quality food and healthier options in addition to finding good bakeries to supply the pies can't be that hard? Dunfermline and Killie can manage it...

ancient hibee
03-08-2019, 06:03 PM
There is a whole revenue stream here that must be underperforming for the club, better quality food and healthier options in addition to finding good bakeries to supply the pies can't be that hard? Dunfermline and Killie can manage it...
Suspect the caterers pay Hibs a rental so cynically the club don’t give a monkeys whether we buy/like the stuff.

Seveno
03-08-2019, 06:13 PM
Half the kiosk in the West Upper was closed. I would have bought a pie but was not prepared to wait in the queue. So much for improving the match day experience.

Iain G
03-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Suspect the caterers pay Hibs a rental so cynically the club don’t give a monkeys whether we buy/like the stuff.

Then the whole thing needs an overhaul and the customer needs to come first, the food has always been awful at ER and it really could be much much better.

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 06:18 PM

We get all the Favourita / Victoria promotion but we still sell crap pizza slices.

Hibs also need to install water fountains as fans should be able to access water for free - issue would be cups etc.

Iain G
03-08-2019, 06:21 PM
We get all the Favourita / Victoria promotion but we still sell crap pizza slices.

Hibs also need to install water fountains as fans should be able to access water for free - issue would be cups etc.

How good would it be if we had a couple of different food offerings, using the likes of La Favourita and good local companies.

elevengoats
03-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Decided to try the new vegan sausage roll instead of taking my own food to the stadium. Asked for it at half time, was sold out. Will come with my own vegan pie next time. :D

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Half time West South Upper

Two girls Two gigantic queues

Do HIBS not want my money?

Get it sorted HIBS

Embarrassing

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 07:12 PM
My mince pie was beautiful. No complaints about the service either :top marks

skankomcphee
03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Anyone notice if there happened to be hot water available in the toilet sinks today?

Weegreenman
03-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Anyone notice if there happened to be hot water available in the toilet sinks today?

Come to think of it, my tea was luke warm :greengrin

iwasthere1972
03-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Being vegetarian I used to take my own food. Sometimes Linda McCartney sausage rolls. Three in my left pocket and three in my right pocket. Occasionally I took a sandwich. I didn't fancy the chips as the only time I had them it was like trying to chew a wooden peg. Oh I I took my rubbish with me and dumped it responsibly in a bin.

Exuberance1875
03-08-2019, 08:52 PM
The pies are rotten. Would not feed to my dog. Maybe Ron should try one, would be good for us to try something different and go for something American, Wendy’s, Taco Bell etc?

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Apparently you can eat really good food in yer hoose and then last a good few hours at the fitbaw withoot the need to cram overpriced ***** in your coupon.
If you need frequent sustaining you could even take good food from your hoose and eat it at the game thus avoiding unhealthy fare and starvation.

Seriously, the massive queues for crap food at every game sends the clear message that the vast majority are happy with the food and prices on offer and there is no need for change.

The same food stuffs has been on sale for the 50 years i have attended football matches and have sold in large numbers throughout.

marinello59
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM
I decided to treat myself to a pie at the game today for the first time in three seasons. Ordered a steak pie, got to my seat to find I had a scotch pie which I can’t stand . Lesson learned. :greengrin

Chefki Kuqi
03-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Usually have a steak pie in the west and they’re great tbh, had two in the East today and they were abit soggy. Sounds stupid but I reckon it varies stand to stand.

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 10:30 PM
I decided to treat myself to a pie at the game today for the first time in three seasons. Ordered a steak pie, got to my seat to find I had a scotch pie which I can’t stand . Lesson learned. :greengrin

Here's to another 3 seasons :wink:.

Think i might buy one at an evening kick off in deep winter.
I will let you know how i get on :confused:

marinello59
03-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Here's to another 3 seasons :wink:.

Think i might buy one at an evening kick off in deep winter.
I will let you know how i get on :confused:

Looking forward to your restaurant style review.:greengrin

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Looking forward to your restaurant style review.:greengrin

I had the chips on a very cold night in the winter of 2017 and they were luke warm and dry. Verdict - Avoid
If they had been hot I could have at least held them for a heat!

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2019, 11:18 PM
Chips in the east were cold at the Alloa game but couldn't be arsed taking them back - what would be the point?

percy veer
04-08-2019, 07:23 AM
Foods great, love it keep it up hibs

GreenCastle
04-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Apparently you can eat really good food in yer hoose and then last a good few hours at the fitbaw withoot the need to cram overpriced ***** in your coupon.
If you need frequent sustaining you could even take good food from your hoose and eat it at the game thus avoiding unhealthy fare and starvation.

Seriously, the massive queues for crap food at every game sends the clear message that the vast majority are happy with the food and prices on offer and there is no need for change.

The same food stuffs has been on sale for the 50 years i have attended football matches and have sold in large numbers throughout.

The massive queues are usually due to shocking slow service.

Just because same stuff on sale for 50 years doesn’t mean it’s right.

Actually just shows that change is needed it Hibs want to improve the match day experience and get folk in the stadium longer.

What is the company that does the catering ?

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2019, 07:35 AM

Actually just shows that change is needed it Hibs want to improve the match day experience and get folk in the stadium longer.

Centre Plate do the catering.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-08-2019, 07:40 AM
I stopped the Bovril when I twigged it was about 65% daily allowance of salt!!

percy veer
04-08-2019, 07:44 AM

Massive queue due to the great fayre on offer from hibs , I got a pie, tasted like a pie should , charged a wee bit more but hey your oot for the day.i could take food from my house but I'm no really a tight git and the argument about " cant people go 2 hours without eating" is a bit tiresome

Jones28
04-08-2019, 08:17 AM
The coffee is an abomination.

04-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Being vegetarian I used to take my own food. Sometimes Linda McCartney sausage rolls. Three in my left pocket and three in my right pocket. Occasionally I took a sandwich. I didn't fancy the chips as the only time I had them it was like trying to chew a wooden peg. Oh I I took my rubbish with me and dumped it responsibly in a bin.

Vegetarian turned cannibal. :greengrin

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Had a pie before the game. Was absolutely fine, as it always is. I must be on some streak of luck as it’s been years since I’ve had an issue with one.

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Had a pie before the game. Was absolutely fine, as it always is. I must be on some streak of luck as it’s been years since I’ve had an issue with one.

Same here whenever I’ve had one, the myth of the ER food quality continues yet in truth it’s no worse than any other event food, overpriced but perfectly edible.

skankomcphee
04-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Not wanting to sound overly harsh here but there is a significant number of our support - probably a good number in those queues - who are do-ers rather than thinkers. They probably don't interact on these boards or other forums and even if their don't like the food they probably still buy it out of routine or fear of change or complaining (probably in part due to spending significant parts of their lives under the control of the Labour Party / trade unions and the "dae whit yer telt" environment). So what I'm saying is these are not vocal complainers who will make it known if they think the product is substandard.

FWIW back in 1995 when the North Stand opened the catering was excellent, probably the best I've seen in a football ground anywhere other than in Germany. Curries, fish, all sorts of delicacies on offer. What happened?

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Not wanting to sound overly harsh here but there is a significant number of our support - probably a good number in those queues - who are do-ers rather than thinkers. They probably don't interact on these boards or other forums and even if their don't like the food they probably still buy it out of routine or fear of change or complaining (probably in part due to spending significant parts of their lives under the control of the Labour Party / trade unions and the "dae whit yer telt" environment). So what I'm saying is these are not vocal complainers who will make it known if they think the product is substandard.

FWIW back in 1995 when the North Stand opened the catering was excellent, probably the best I've seen in a football ground anywhere other than in Germany. Curries, fish, all sorts of delicacies on offer. What happened?

If you end up talking about the mindset of fans and the cause of that mindset being because they have spent significant amounts of their lives under Labour Party rule and using that as a reason for them buying crap lies then you’re definitely overthinking things :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Leitherhibs;5869568]They ran out of anything in FF upper by end of ht, shambles.[/QUOTE
So by the end of half time they ran out of food just when peeps stop buying food? Mmmm so they need to waste huge amounts just so everything is available that anyone might want thereby forcing them to up standard prices to cover the extra cost?

I know I can come across as a grumpy git (well I am) but some folk have unrealistic expectations about what a once a fortnight operation can offer at realistic prices

The Modfather
04-08-2019, 12:52 PM
£4.60 for a scotch pie and a water yesterday, they should be wearing masks! We’re not allowed to bring our own bottles of water in so why should we have to pay such a premium for a basic necessity like water?

Easter Road is still the one time of the week I need to ensure I have physical cash on me. As has been mentioned before, if burger vans can have card machines why is the catering at Easter Road still cash only in this day and age?

There are examples given as to better catering at the football, Dunfermline or even German football. Had bratwursts and currywurst at Cologne v Wolfsburg & Hertha Berlin v Leipzeg, two simple recipes and ingredients, quality and price was very good.

ben johnson
04-08-2019, 01:22 PM
I don’t buy food at the ground but the quality seems to vary going by some posts and im sure this can be looked at
The most important aspect of serving a large number of people in a short time window is to cut down on time consuming actions such as getting the total to say £4.60 then organising change for the customer
Pre charged cards for food purchases
We used them abroad and it cuts out
the problem of cash. In Amsterdam
Arena the pre charged card machines were available throughout the stadium concourse
Perhaps an express lane with two items for a five pound note
You have to keep the line moving and this may cut down on the excruciating wait especially at HT.

Jones28
04-08-2019, 01:27 PM
I’d like to see stalls given to companies to sell their own produce. For example imagine giving Baynes the bakers two of the kiosks, maybe La Favouritas a couple and AN other another couple in the east. People could then choose what they want based on the supplier and this would split the crowds. I’d love that. Pies for those who want and other alternatives for those who want something else.

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 01:29 PM
£4.60 for a scotch pie and a water yesterday, they should be wearing masks! We’re not allowed to bring our own bottles of water in so why should we have to pay such a premium for a basic necessity like water?

Easter Road is still the one time of the week I need to ensure I have physical cash on me. As has been mentioned before, if burger vans can have card machines why is the catering at Easter Road still cash only in this day and age?

There are examples given as to better catering at the football, Dunfermline or even German football. Had bratwursts and currywurst at Cologne v Wolfsburg & Hertha Berlin v Leipzeg, two simple recipes and ingredients, quality and price was very good.

Steward at the east stand that checks your bag told the guy walking in infront of me that he’d either have to bin his bottle of water or he could give him a plastic cup to put it in. I’ve no idea if this has always been an option but it seemed to be yesterday.

Hibby70
04-08-2019, 01:30 PM
I was waiting on a punchline after the first couple of sentences

h18eeynick
04-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Massive queue due to the great fayre on offer from hibs , I got a pie, tasted like a pie should , charged a wee bit more but hey your oot for the day.i could take food from my house but I'm no really a tight git and the argument about " cant people go 2 hours without eating" is a bit tiresome

Cant understand why Hibs dont do vending machines for those of us who just want a drink or a snack rather than queue for hot food. Puts me off knowing that having a 5 hour round trip that I will miss 5 or 10 minutes of the game either before half time or after . Same reason that I never leave before full time - why travel for the sake of missing part of the game but plenty do and probably home within minutes !

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 02:51 PM
I’m hoping that now because we have Ron on board we will move to a more American style catering system. There should be people walking around the stands bring food to your seat or stand at the bottom with food.

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 03:35 PM
I’m hoping that now because we have Ron on board we will move to a more American style catering system. There should be people walking around the stands bring food to your seat or stand at the bottom with food.

Hopefully not.

That would mean someone wandering up and down the stairs blocking the view. It's not that far to the kiosks for those that want something.

staunchhibby
04-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Take my own pies.Bought at Lawsons uphall half the price and superb quality.

hibbysam
04-08-2019, 04:35 PM
I thoroughly enjoy the pizzas and the only issues I had with the pies is when the bottom of the steak pies stuck to the tin. Since that was resolved 2 years ago I’ve not had any issues with the food.

It’s not going to be cheap though, it’s no different to going to the cinema and spending a fortune on nachos, popcorn or a hotdog. If you don’t want to pay the prices quoted then your allowed to take your own food into the game.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Take my own pies.Bought at Lawsons uphall half the price and superb quality.

Are they not cold by half time

Keith_M
04-08-2019, 04:44 PM
I only ever buy coffee. Gave up buying any food.

No queue in the south lower today when I went to get mine at 2:45 and it tasted OK.

Since90+2
04-08-2019, 04:48 PM

It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon ffs. Do people really need someone walking about punting hot dogs and chips ect?

How often do folk moaning normally eat their work at at 3pm? Probably very few so why on a Saturday do they need a scran.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2019, 04:48 PM
got a sausage roll at 2:30, i poked holes in the hard exterior i would have needed a hammer drill for the ends, told him i didn't want it, gave me another one and i told him i was not eating this utter sh*t and he gave me my money back, normally i just take the food and pick at it a few times before tossing it in the bucket, lesson finally learned...the 'food' at ER is absolutely freakin appalling.

oh and p.s. i did notice their customary seasonal 10p price rise on the bovril..quality down prices up, no more

Jamesie
04-08-2019, 05:10 PM

Chlorinated chicken and fries? :wink::greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Cant understand why Hibs dont do vending machines for those of us who just want a drink or a snack rather than queue for hot food. Puts me off knowing that having a 5 hour round trip that I will miss 5 or 10 minutes of the game either before half time or after . Same reason that I never leave before full time - why travel for the sake of missing part of the game but plenty do and probably home within minutes !

Eat before you leave, eat on the way there or back, eat when you get home. You wouldn't get up half way through say a Star Wars movie to go buy popcorn and a Kiora ( which by the way would cost you both arms and a leg as opposed to just the one arm and a leg at ER)

iwasthere1972
04-08-2019, 06:09 PM
It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon ffs. Do people really need someone walking about punting hot dogs and chips ect?

How often do folk moaning normally eat their work at at 3pm? Probably very few so why on a Saturday do they need a scran.

To soak up all the booze that they've consumed up until five or ten minutes before kick off. :agree:

Clarence
04-08-2019, 07:09 PM

I read this in the style of an Alan Bennet monologue. I’m pretty sure this will be on Radio 4 in the Autumn.

Jones28
04-08-2019, 07:11 PM
I read this in the style of an Alan Bennet monologue. I’m pretty sure this will be on Radio 4 in the Autumn.

Dudley and Peter, Peter and Dudley

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Eat before you leave, eat on the way there or back, eat when you get home. You wouldn't get up half way through say a Star Wars movie to go buy popcorn and a Kiora ( which by the way would cost you both arms and a leg as opposed to just the one arm and a leg at ER)

You’re right. I’d get up during a Star Wars movie to leave :agree:

Clarence
04-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Dudley and Peter, Peter and Dudley

😂

heretoday
04-08-2019, 07:22 PM
The food at ER has always been overpriced and disgusting even in the pie and bovril days.
It's part of our heritage.

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 07:25 PM
You’re right. I’d get up during a Star Wars movie to leave :agree:

Leave maybes but would you come back with salted or sweet?

overdrive
04-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Leave maybes but would you come back with salted or sweet?

As an aside, does anyone remember the green and white popcorn that you used to be able to buy when the FF Stand first opened? It was quality!

Clarence
04-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Interesting that you mention Star Wars because the meat in the pies at Easter Road is usually Chewie.

calumhibee1
04-08-2019, 07:32 PM
As an aside, does anyone remember the green and white popcorn that you used to be able to buy when the FF Stand first opened? It was quality!

Sure they sold that in the shop, I have a feeling I used to get it for xmas when I was wee. :agree:

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2019, 07:33 PM

:thumbsup:

NOLA
04-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Foods great, love it keep it up hibs

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOLA
04-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Just eat before you goto the game! Simple.

SquashedFrogg
05-08-2019, 01:09 AM
Just eat before you goto the game! Simple.

This. It's really not that difficult.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2019, 02:11 AM
Given up on the food now at ER. Overpriced and very poor quality. I only ever get a coffee now which is pish but keeps you awake if the game is dire.

Forza Fred
05-08-2019, 03:03 AM
Tin hat on, but I just don’t see the connection between food and football.

On a Saturday afternoon (when most of our matches are played) at 3pm, probably the last thing my mind is focussed on is food, so the need for it wouldn’t be high on my list.
Just as I used to go food free at the fitba, if I had been at work, I wouldn’t be sitting down to lunch at that time.

Similarly if it was tea time, I wouldn’t expect the restaurant I was in to be relaying a fitba match on the screen.

Appreciate that kids would eat anywhere, any time, but they can be fed and watered before the game.

Understand everybody’s preferences and sometimes needs are different, but as I say, I. Just don’t get the angst regularly displayed here about food between 3 and 5 on a Saturday😂

05-08-2019, 03:19 AM
The food is poor quality and over priced, has been for as long as I remember. End of the day though, your there to watch a football game not for Michelin star food so although I probably would like if the food on offer was a bit better (as I do occasionally want something if I've come straight from work without any lunch or whatever) I really don't want us spending a **** load of money on it.

The food is what it is so quite simply its a case of if you don't like it, don't buy it. Not really worth getting too hot and bothered about IMO.

Forza Fred
05-08-2019, 04:30 AM
I should have added to my post that when a home and away regular during the seventies I DID buy the odd pie.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of them hit their target.😉

we are hibs
05-08-2019, 08:28 AM
This "if you dont like it dont buy it" is true.

Or alternatively hibs could just sort the catering out. Not as if people are paying customers or anything :rolleyes:

Mr_F
05-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Half time West South Upper

Two girls Two gigantic queues

Do HIBS not want my money?

Get it sorted HIBS

Embarrassing

For like the 26,546th time, Hibs don't run the catering or make money from what is actually sold so they don't really care.

Which is plsh poor nonetheless

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2019, 08:42 AM
For like the 26,546th time, Hibs don't run the catering or make money from what is actually sold so they don't really care.

Which is plsh poor nonetheless
Ok!

:greengrin

banchoryhibs
05-08-2019, 08:43 AM
I agree that everyone has choices to buy food at the ground or not but the sale of food and beverages is a commercial undertaking and a source of revenue for the club.
Just like every other aspect of the business we should be striving to excel.
This means good food at competitive prices.
Improvement is needed and it's quite right that we (the customers) should push for this.
Let's aspire for excellence in every part of the Club's business.

Bostonhibby
05-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Are they not cold by half timeTake your own microwave, a small deisel generator and a voltage converter and you're all set.

Great for baking potatoes as well and since unlike water, none of these items appear to be on the banned list so no trouble getting them in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
05-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Take your own microwave, a small deisel generator and a voltage converter and you're all set.

Great for baking potatoes as well and since unlike water, none of these items appear to be on the banned list so no trouble getting them in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
I’d love to buy a Baked Potato at ER, so cheap and simple to make

lord bunberry
05-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Hopefully not.

That would mean someone wandering up and down the stairs blocking the view. It's not that far to the kiosks for those that want something.
That would be a bonus for some hibs games.

calumhibee1
05-08-2019, 07:02 PM

Or alternatively hibs could just sort the catering out. Not as if people are paying customers or anything :rolleyes:

Thing is people buy it. There must be enough people buy it that they don’t need to sort it out.

I think Nando’s is crap. Plenty folk still go though and as such they’re not going to change their food because of it. Chances are the folk that are paying customers at the food kiosk are 99% of the time folk that know what they’re getting and are happy to pay for it. The time to change it will be when nobody goes.

calumhibee1
05-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I agree that everyone has choices to buy food at the ground or not but the sale of food and beverages is a commercial undertaking and a source of revenue for the club.
Just like every other aspect of the business we should be striving to excel.
This means good food at competitive prices.
Improvement is needed and it's quite right that we (the customers) should push for this.
Let's aspire for excellence in every part of the Club's business.

The pie stands are rammed before the game and half time. If there was nobody at them then I’d agree with you. But the model they have works. Some folk just don’t like the food on offer but it’s going to be like that no matter what you’re serving.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 09:15 AM
I’d love to buy a Baked Potato at ER, so cheap and simple to make

...and easier to chuck than a pizza😉

iwasthere1972
06-08-2019, 09:25 AM
...and easier to chuck than a pizza��

I remember being in the old east stand in 2002 of 2003 I think. It was a goalless draw with Livvy. Gary O'Connor played like Des O'Connor that day. The guy behind me threw a pizza on the pitch which was still in It's box. He hadn't aimed it at anyone as the action was going on up the pitch. Crazy or what. Think the police caught him and he was thrown out the ground.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 09:55 AM

One way to sort it would be customers not buying anything - they’d soon be wondering why.

As it is the exodus at 335-340 and the queues suggest they’re selling 5 star food at bargain prices. Why would they change it?

humptiedumptie
06-08-2019, 10:04 AM
If you are dissatisfied with the catering then contact the club by email and they will pass you on to Centreplate ?? contracted to provide the food and drink. I`ve been in contact twice over time. Alistair ?? is in overall charge of the four stands and the last occasion he made contact with a voucher prior to the game. Unfortunately for me, the problem persists to such an extent that I no longer purchase. There is no thermostat in the pie oven in the West Upper and they rely on the staff to turn it off at a certain point. Consequently, my complaint has concerned overheated pies with a brick-hard crust and I am no longer prepared to take the risk. So my advice is to contact the club, rather than just letting off steam but a fat lot of good it did me!

The Modfather
06-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Thing is people buy it. There must be enough people buy it that they don’t need to sort it out.

I think Nando’s is crap. Plenty folk still go though and as such they’re not going to change their food because of it. Chances are the folk that are paying customers at the food kiosk are 99% of the time folk that know what they’re getting and are happy to pay for it. The time to change it will be when nobody goes.

It’s a captive market though so the queues are not necessarily an endorsement of the quality or price.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 10:25 AM
It’s a captive market though so the queues are not necessarily an endorsement of the quality or price.

Surely no one keeps buying something that they think is rubbish and/or overpriced?

The Modfather
06-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Surely no one keeps buying something that they think is rubbish and/or overpriced?

I bought a water on Saturday for £2, which is scandalous, but it was hot and I was thirsty...

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 10:38 AM
I bought a water on Saturday for £2, which is scandalous, but it was hot and I was thirsty...

But next week you’ll make sure you’re hydrated won’t you?

The Modfather
06-08-2019, 10:56 AM
But next week you’ll make sure you’re hydrated won’t you?

That will be the plan, same as it was last weekend. Yet I still found myself thirsty.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 11:11 AM
That will be the plan, same as it was last weekend. Yet I still found myself thirsty.

It was lucky they had it then. Clear you won’t plan to keep going back week after week though due to the cost. But you might use it when desperate.

That doesn’t explain those that plan to go their every week and stand in a long queue along with the others that think they the getting cracking food at a great price.

The Modfather
06-08-2019, 11:33 AM
It was lucky they had it then. Clear you won’t plan to keep going back week after week though due to the cost. But you might use it when desperate.

That doesn’t explain those that plan to go their every week and stand in a long queue along with the others that think they the getting cracking food at a great price.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but having seen food done well at other grounds and in other countries. If it was done well at Hibs It would be something to possibly look forward to/become part of the match experience. I know that was the case at the Hertha Berlin and Cologne matches I’ve been to. Clearly I wasn’t there solely for the food but did look forward to buying some bratwurst and currywurst, which were good quality and a good price.

As it is, buying food or drink at the Hibs game is a last resort, I try and eat at home or go to Baynes. With a young family that’s often not achieved. The frequent times I’m at the game hungry or thirsty, and do have cash on me, I’d certainly like a better offering. Football, and Hibs, are keen to focus on the matchday experience as a whole, yet catering looks to have remained the same for the last 20 or 30 years.

With a bit of imagination Hibs could actually make more money from catering while also giving the fans a better offering.

Last Minute
06-08-2019, 08:06 PM
The food and prices at Easter road are disgusting and yet again we have the don’t buy it , eat before you come brigade. Sorry not good enough. Worst food and prices in Scotland and Hibs know fans have complained about it for some time but do nothing about it.Hibs just take the money and don’t give a **** what the fans eat or get charged . After all they get a lovely meal upstairs before the game plus luxury steak/ macaroni pies at half time for free with their drinks etc. They have your season ticket money none so why would they care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2019, 08:55 PM

Does hot water take away your thirst?

Hibee Mac
06-08-2019, 09:00 PM
I think the catering is one of these quality of life improvements that need to be made to the match day experience over the coming years.

I understand that you're there to watch the football, but catering along with other pre match facilities are all part of upping our game and making coming to the games more attractive.

What really grinds my gears is that it's just become the norm now for us to sell unhealthy, overpriced crap with long queues. I don't bother going for anything at half time because I know I'll miss some of the 2nd half and I'll barely get change of a fiver for a pie and a freddo.

dp00
06-08-2019, 09:00 PM

I still struggle to understand businesses that don’t take card as payment when it’s so easy these days

lord bunberry
06-08-2019, 09:12 PM
I still struggle to understand businesses that don’t take card as payment when it’s so easy these days

It can cause cash flow problems for small businesses. The business doesn’t receive the cash straight away.

hibbysam
06-08-2019, 09:36 PM
The food and prices at Easter road are disgusting and yet again we have the don’t buy it , eat before you come brigade. Sorry not good enough. Worst food and prices in Scotland and Hibs know fans have complained about it for some time but do nothing about it.Hibs just take the money and don’t give a **** what the fans eat or get charged . After all they get a lovely meal upstairs before the game plus luxury steak/ macaroni pies at half time for free with their drinks etc. They have your season ticket money none so why would they care.

In your opinion.

SquashedFrogg
06-08-2019, 09:40 PM

Lol

basehibby
06-08-2019, 09:58 PM

:hilarious:rotflmao:Your answer makes me laugh - because true as it may be `there's such a thing as a time and a place and a captive audience.

A pint in the pub is (hopefully) accompanied by the bon'homie and banter that you hope comes with a pint at the boozer - just as a half time pie comes with the pleasant surroundings of Easter Road stadium as well as (hopefully) some rip roaring football as you swallow down the last bits of crust. But still, in the boozer you would complain bitterly if the beer was flat even if the company was good - and possibly you'd meet somewhere else next time if it was bad enough - in the same way we are entitled to complain if our HT pies and stuff are not up to the mark. Even if our loyalty is not in question it should not be taken for granted! I had a pie on Saturday in the South and it was so overcooked I could have chiseled a statue of Eddie Turnbull with it if I hadn't been so hungry. Even the seagulls would have probably shunned it as food in favour of making reinforced concrete style nests

Greenworld
07-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Let’s hope Ron has some ideas or brings in someone with the ideas/know how to put up good food for the fans.

i keep my grandsons well away from the awful pizzas and pies but their dads occasionally give in unfortunately.

Surprised Leanne has not addressed this by now (or brought someone in to do so).Ron has not been seen in a month since takeover and LD has been equally quite on food and getting in the stadiam fiasco .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

jacomo
07-08-2019, 07:53 AM
:hilarious:rotflmao:Your answer makes me laugh - because true as it may be `there's such a thing as a time and a place and a captive audience.

A pint in the pub is (hopefully) accompanied by the bon'homie and banter that you hope comes with a pint at the boozer - just as a half time pie comes with the pleasant surroundings of Easter Road stadium as well as (hopefully) some rip roaring football as you swallow down the last bits of crust. But still, in the boozer you would complain bitterly if the beer was flat even if the company was good - and possibly you'd meet somewhere else next time if it was bad enough - in the same way we are entitled to complain if our HT pies and stuff are not up to the mark. Even if our loyalty is not in question it should not be taken for granted! I had a pie on Saturday in the South and it was so overcooked I could have chiseled a statue of Eddie Turnbull with it if I hadn't been so hungry. Even the seagulls would have probably shunned it as food in favour of making reinforced concrete style nests

:agree:

Better food and better service = happier punters and higher sales.

I was always told to take customer complaints seriously, because at least they have taken the time to tell you why they aren’t happy. Most don’t bother: they simply stop spending their money with you.

Jones28
07-08-2019, 09:02 AM

“All of the above is IMO”

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2019, 09:10 AM
“All of the above is IMO”

Do we need to write IMO at the end of every post?

Seems unnecessary. IMO.

.Sean.
07-08-2019, 11:26 AM
The curry pies, the steak pies and dare I say it the pizzas are all fine and more than edible, the curry pies in particular are class. I must also be a lucky one

Golden Bear
07-08-2019, 12:47 PM
The curry pies, the steak pies and dare I say it the pizzas are all fine and more than edible, the curry pies in particular are class. I must also be a lucky one

You can add sausage rolls to that list, I've always found them to be very tasty.

Anthony Soprano
07-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Pizza's have always been decent, I've never had any problems with the food