PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875

BoomtownHibees
03-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Will be good to see them at today’s game.

Got a wee display on the go by the looks of their twitter

Sean1875
03-08-2019, 04:23 PM
There any pictures of the display that folk can share? Unsurprisingly due to the turnstile issues I was late getting in so missed it and I don’t imagine I’ll be the only one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Was in east. What did big banner say?

Silversand
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Photos from the West.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/5b4a00e72c3b8b7ff8a1ebd1f432e25c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/3b0e729e3e232014dff08b6d0df5580e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
It was the large HIBERNIAN FC banner they used last season. Looked good

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Was in east. What did big banner say?

Their one said something like “new year, same passion”

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Their one said something like “new year, same passion”

That said new era same passion

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Well done on the display.

Would love to see more like this for bigger games in East.

Seemed to be giving in loads of vocals but having witnessed Newcastle fans and Saints fans fill parts of the South Stand and make noise - the section needs to be moved to lower tier for the long term and they should have discussions before next season.

SChibs
03-08-2019, 06:45 PM

Seemed to be giving in loads of vocals but having witnessed Newcastle fans and Saints fans fill parts of the South Stand and make noise - the section needs to be moved to lower tier for the long term and they should have discussions before next season.

You are 100% correct. But it won't happen unfortunately

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2019, 06:35 AM

Agree it was good to see them back but what you suggest ain’t gonna happen anytime soon

Nuts!

It was like watching 300 guys doing the pogo in a Silent Disco

HTD1875
04-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Agree it was good to see them back but what you suggest ain’t gonna happen anytime soon

Nuts!

It was like watching 300 guys doing the pogo in a Silent Disco

From what I understand this was the plan however not happening because hibs are wanting the FFL to be a family stand and have done up the concourse with games etc.

PatHead
04-08-2019, 09:53 AM
From what I understand this was the plan however not happening because hibs are wanting the FFL to be a family stand and have done up the concourse with games etc.

Whose plan?

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 10:04 AM

It would be the plan if you were designing a stadium from scratch but it's impractical when the FFL has been a family stand for the entirety of its existence.

For the change to be made you would have to eject the families that are there at the moment, then designate a new area of the ground to be the family stand and eject the fans that have season tickets there so that the families can move in. That's a lot of people to piss off.

Montford
04-08-2019, 10:56 AM
It would be the plan if you were designing a stadium from scratch but it's impractical when the FFL has been a family stand for the entirety of its existence.

For the change to be made you would have to eject the families that are there at the moment, then designate a new area of the ground to be the family stand and eject the fans that have season tickets there so that the families can move in. That's a lot of people to piss off.
Move them to the FF upper
Beyond belief how this is being handled

whiskyhibby
04-08-2019, 11:22 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/e3b2d9fb2d2c04b17390c78a66791e7b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/427a1bbbfb9e5006c1d8c21af6b07031.jpg

Frazerbob
04-08-2019, 11:59 AM
There were notices dotted about the East concourse from Since 1875 yesterday which mentioned their location. Can’t remember what they said though.

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 12:56 PM

There is the difference between a plan and an arrogant assumption that a small group of self appointed individuals will dictate that families will have to gtf and cause upheaval elsewhere in the stadium just to accommodate their arrogance.

Reality is fans in Sections 42/43 are beginning to reassert the natural order of the spontaneous singing traditions in the East.

Diclonius
04-08-2019, 12:58 PM
I take it Since 1875 have had their display privileges reinstated then?

SChibs
04-08-2019, 01:01 PM
There is the difference between a plan and an arrogant assumption that a small group of self appointed individuals will dictate that families will have to gtf and cause upheaval elsewhere in the stadium just to accommodate their arrogance.

Reality is fans in Sections 42/43 are beginning to reassert the natural order of the spontaneous singing traditions in the East.

A couple of spontaneous outburst over 90 mins from the east vs singing and support for about 70% of the game from the top corner of the FF. Imagine what could be achieved if the guys from the east came over and got behind the singing section.

Chuck Rhoades
04-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Arrogant assumption? Were you at the meeting in 2016 with Greig Mailer, Keith Donaldson and Frank Dougan?

Natural Order is very Potter and suggests there is a divide between Since 1875 and the wider support. When did this happen?

I am at the back 43 and great to see plenty folk there supporting their team vocally.

Chuck Rhoades
04-08-2019, 01:59 PM
A couple of spontaneous outburst over 90 mins from the east vs singing and support for about 70% of the game from the top corner of the FF. Imagine what could be achieved if the guys from the east came over and got behind the singing section.

Too much common sense, behave.

Keith_M
04-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Or if the couple of hundred people in the singing section moved back into the East.

Easiest solution with the least disruption... and the only one that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Just tell the back ten rows in Section 42 that they're being moved and to find alternative seats, then move the Since1875 guys in there.

LeithMike
04-08-2019, 02:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/e3b2d9fb2d2c04b17390c78a66791e7b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/427a1bbbfb9e5006c1d8c21af6b07031.jpg

Bottom photo says a lot. English premier league teams typically put the small band of away fans high up in a stand to keep then as far away from the action as possible. It doesn't make sense that we would do the same at home for our most vocal fans.

I appreciate people will not want to move but sometimes difficult decisions have to be taken and I'm sure the club could do so in a consultative and constructive fashion.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

wearethehibs
04-08-2019, 02:34 PM
There were notices dotted about the East concourse from Since 1875 yesterday which mentioned their location. Can’t remember what they said though.

It said that Since 1875 were given the chance by the club to move to their own section but it has not always worked out how they wanted.

These flyers were put on every seat in the section encouraging more involvement by everyone there.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2019, 02:35 PM

Or vice versa

Since452
04-08-2019, 02:37 PM
From the Newcastle and St Mirren games its clear that the bottom tier behind the goal is the place for a singing section. Both made some racket. Acoustics far better.

Keith_M
04-08-2019, 02:40 PM
From the Newcastle and St Mirren games its clear that the bottom tier behind the goal is the place for a singing section. Both made some racket. Acoustics far better.

Good idea, They should move into Section 26 at Cat B games.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Bottom photo says a lot. English premier league teams typically put the small band of away fans high up in a stand to keep then as far away from the action as possible. It doesn't make sense that we would do the same at home for our most vocal fans.

I appreciate people will not want to move but sometimes difficult decisions have to be taken and I'm sure the club could do so in a consultative and constructive fashion.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The singing section asked for the move in the first place. The club accommodated them by asking people already there if they wanted to stay or move.

wearethehibs
04-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Keith_M you seem to have some sort of grudge against these guys. A few folk on forums mention that they think the singing section should be in the FF lower and you're on here moaning like Since 1875 are constantly at the club demanding a move there.

GreenCastle
04-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Or if the couple of hundred people in the singing section moved back into the East.

Easiest solution with the least disruption... and the only one that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Just tell the back ten rows in Section 42 that they're being moved and to find alternative seats, then move the Since1875 guys in there.

I still think the easiest way forward would be move the family section South Lower for all Cat B games.

Then families get 1st priority for Cat A games around rest of stadium as these seats are often left empty in lower FF.

Hibs need to find a way to improve the ER atmosphere and match day experience.

Most weeks we see a small number of fans make decent noise in South Lower for most of the game.

You could even move away fans to south upper corner and singing section to south Lower as this would improve atmosphere.

The signing section and displays are one of the very things about Hibs last few years.

BlackSheep
04-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Whether upper or lower the centre of the stand is where the singing section needs to be, this would enable a clear sound wave to travel up the pitch and across to the east and west. The issues are that the centre section of the FF Upper are the leather seats (not sure why these have not been swapped out back to normal seats?) and the FF Lower is family.

The actual most logical solution or test of the theory would have been to try the leather seats and see if the atmosphere improved.

Blaster
04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
I still think the easiest way forward would be move the family section South Lower for all Cat B games.

Then families get 1st priority for Cat A games around rest of stadium as these seats are often left empty in lower FF.

Hibs need to find a way to improve the ER atmosphere and match day experience.

Most weeks we see a small number of fans make decent noise in South Lower for most of the game.

You could even move away fans to south upper corner and singing section to south Lower as this would improve atmosphere.

The signing section and displays are one of the very things about Hibs last few years.

Family section beside the away fans??? Really

tonyrougier123
04-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Everytime an away team scores in a full easter road,the away section looks raucous.

When we score at the home end it's no the same.behind the goals should be for your more exuberant fans,without feeling the urge to sqaure go players obviously.the east in full flow still generates the best atmosphere but its to sporadic now.just my opinion on the debate.when I was younger the family section was in the old west lower why not go back to that.players can sign ther autographs and that on the way in and out of the warm up.
Worked back in the day.

SChibs
04-08-2019, 03:57 PM
There's a small group of fans that ignore any evidence or practicality and bang on about re-assigning the FF Lower as a 'Singing Section'.

They dismiss the effect of literally thousands* of fans being to moved to accommodate this as a 'minor inconvenience'... or 'we got moved out of The Cave forty years ago so fairs fair'.

They bang about about the noise of away fans being purely down to location, and ignore the fact that it might simply be that more of them are actually just joining in the singing, like when the new East Stand was built and the Section 43 Singing Section was the noisiest part of the ground (as it was yesterday when the guys in that area started singing). Funnily enough, 'acoustics' didn't seem to hinder that in any way.

They literally have no idea how many people would actually move to the proposed FF Lower singing section but just assume that because they want it, enough people will do so as well.

Don't try to reason with them, it's pointless.

* At least 1,600 in the FF Lower would have to be moved and well over a thousand from wherever the new Family Section would be

Section 43 wasn't the noisiest section of the ground yesterday.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Section 43 wasn't the noisiest section of the ground yesterday.

Need to ask someone who was in the centre circle for confirmation of where the loudest singing came from.

GreenCastle
04-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Family section beside the away fans??? Really

Signing section above the family section or next to the East ?

GreenCastle
04-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Need to ask someone who was in the centre circle for confirmation of where the loudest singing came from.

Probably the 50 St Mirren fans in south Lower at times ?

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 05:44 PM

...or the 1875ers just went back to buying their seasons in the East

Pagan Hibernia
04-08-2019, 11:20 PM
I take the point about the inconvenience to families in the FFL, but it is frustrating to see that section half empty for most games! It should be full and raucous in there. Easter road used to be an intimidating ground for away teams to visit. It certainly isn’t anymore.

the singing section asked for the move to FFU but I think we can all acknowledge that it hasn’t worked out. Surely with a bit of common sense something can be worked out that won’t piss off entire stands of people. A move back to the east may be best.

hibbyfraelibby
05-08-2019, 08:05 AM
I take the point about the inconvenience to families in the FFL, but it is frustrating to see that section half empty for most games! It should be full and raucous in there. Easter road used to be an intimidating ground for away teams to visit. It certainly isn’t anymore.

the singing section asked for the move to FFU but I think we can all acknowledge that it hasn’t worked out. Surely with a bit of common sense something can be worked out that won’t piss off entire stands of people. A move back to the east may be best.

Many get aggitated about the fact that the FFL is never full but the solution of shifting the families and allowing the singing section does nothing to address that issue it just shifts the issue as folk would migrate from the East causing huge gaps in the crowd there and the displaced families wouldn't fill those gaps. You are just re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

We sell 13k STs or there abouts yet we reserve 16k to 18k(dependent upon game) seats for our own fans. There will still be huge areas of unsold seats until we are absolutely selling out 16k season tickets each season.

SquashedFrogg
05-08-2019, 08:18 AM

Totally agree with the East part. We're up in S43 and can barely hear them across in the FFU. As for FFL, the view is pretty pish at certain points, not convinced there will a clamour to join them there. Assuming they'll take the central area for s1875 mainstays.

we are hibs
05-08-2019, 08:24 AM
I sit in 38 in the east which is close to the famous 5 and all you can hear is the drum and no singing.

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2019, 08:27 AM
The clubs idea of a decent match day experience is catered towards families and children.

I’m surprised they haven’t asked the singing section to belt out nursery rhymes.

Keith_M
05-08-2019, 08:28 AM
The clubs idea of a decent match day experience is catered towards families and children.

I’m surprised they haven’t asked the singing section to belt out nursery rhymes.

What a pathetic comment

SaulGoodman
05-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Ffs

HappyAsHellas
05-08-2019, 08:44 AM
In practically all of the European leagues their Ultra sections are behind the goals. In Germany the atmosphere at every top level game is light years ahead of where we are. We don't have the same number of fans as them obviously, but trying to emulate them would seem to make sense. They have waiting lists to get into these sections which would seem to suggest they're successful at what they do. Same goes for America in the MLS. Meanwhile in the backwater of Scotland where our heads are firmly entrenched in the sand we bleat on about family sections that have failed spectacularly in our case for year after year.

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2019, 09:05 AM
In practically all of the European leagues their Ultra sections are behind the goals. In Germany the atmosphere at every top level game is light years ahead of where we are. We don't have the same number of fans as them obviously, but trying to emulate them would seem to make sense. They have waiting lists to get into these sections which would seem to suggest they're successful at what they do. Same goes for America in the MLS. Meanwhile in the backwater of Scotland where our heads are firmly entrenched in the sand we bleat on about family sections that have failed spectacularly in our case for year after year.

The Family Section is full of families so proved to be an outstanding success to be honest

ForeverHibs
05-08-2019, 09:29 AM
The Family Section is full of families so proved to be an outstanding success to be honest

I’d use the term “full” loosely, the amount of empty seats is embarrassing.

hibs#1
05-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Just fill in one corner with safe standing for the singing section simples 😉

GreenCastle
05-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Just fill in one corner with safe standing for the singing section simples 😉

I don’t think being in the corner would be an improvement either.

They need to be directly behind one of the goals.

Usually like Tynecastle where they are visual and bouncing away.

hibs#1
05-08-2019, 09:49 AM

Works for Celtic, I do understand its highly unlikely to ever happen though.

BlackSheep
05-08-2019, 09:52 AM

Just look at Celtic and the Green Brigade... they are based on a corner and they are very intimidating presence at home games.

While not the cheapest solution, filling in the corner between the eats and FF, even if only at the lower tier level and installing safe standing and making it the singing section would be a fantastic idea, the physics of how sound travels would also work well placed in a corner like that.

HibeeHibernian4
05-08-2019, 10:21 AM
What a pathetic comment

It's phrased a bit abrasively, but it's a fairly accurate comment on the state of Scottish football right now.

There is a big push to make Scottish football "more family friendly", to the detriment of atmosphere.

Budge said the other day that she wanted Tynecastle to be the "most hospitable and family friendly stadium in Scotland". When you combine this with the alarming season ticket price increases over there, the cynic in me would call this gentrification of their support. Price out the 'riff raff' and the young team, the bad PR they sometimes bring goes away and everyone can enjoy the football in peace.

Back to us, we're not anywhere near as bad as that, but there is that focusing on 'family friendly' football.

It would be better for everyone who runs the game (Police Scotland in particular) if there was no active support at any club in Scotland. They don't like young fans who stand and sing, they seem suspicious of them and think they're about to cause trouble at any moment.

'Family friendly' is such a short sighted aim. When I was young, I went with my Dad and my two brothers in the FF Lower. When I got a bit older, I moved to be part of the noise in the old East, it looked fantastic and I wanted in. In terms of football, families often don't go as families forever. You're taken as a kid, you start going with mates, you have your own kids, you take them, they start going with mates. It often works out that way. The family friendly concept doesn't really take this into account.

In an ideal world for me, if a Scottish football ground had four stands, they would be laid out as such:

- Away stand, full of people standing and singing like Leeds/Sheff Wednesday and others do down south
- Home end behind the goals, full of people standing and signing like Wolves' south bank, maybe a drum too
- One side stand for families
- One side stand for people who like to sit at the football

The drive to sanitise Scottish football - in the same way that the atmosphere in English top flight football has been completely dead in the water for a few years now - is dangerous for our game. We don't have the quality of football, why try to drive down the quality of the matchday experience too?

We need to move towards a Bundesliga style model of fandom as soon as possible.

hibbyfraelibby
05-08-2019, 10:51 AM
I’d use the term “full” loosely, the amount of empty seats is embarrassing.

I sit in the West and there were clearly many more empty seats in the East was that an embarassment too?

Since90+2
05-08-2019, 11:04 AM
I sit in the West and there were clearly many more empty seats in the East was that an embarassment too?

No danger.FF lower was about half full,the east was
probably about 75% full.

GreenCastle
05-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Just look at Celtic and the Green Brigade... they are based on a corner and they are very intimidating presence at home games.

While not the cheapest solution, filling in the corner between the eats and FF, even if only at the lower tier level and installing safe standing and making it the singing section would be a fantastic idea, the physics of how sound travels would also work well placed in a corner like that.

I'm not sure - having been to Celtic park and heard them in action - I reckon they would prefer to be directly behind the goals - it just happens the safe standing section is in the same corner.

I said it in an earlier post - why not utilise the empty seats in South Lower for the singing section or families. Maybe even move the Cat B away fans to upper tier - leave front 2 rows empty of upper.

They do it for Hibs kids days already putting them in South Lower.

It might even make more sense as you would have Hibs fans at each end of the stadium.

Going back to Celtic above they are 2 steps ahead of us - safe standing and having a section that does enough to improve stadium atmosphere.

Even put the singing section in the seats closest to away fans in West Lower - we always get that 1 game a season the hospitality lot make a load of noise and that's about 30 people.

The only positive of the FF Upper is the chance to do the fantastic displays - but that could still be co-ordinated for bigger games.

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Why’s there so many season tickets still available in the FF lower if there’s such demand from families?

It’s not that folk are buying them and not using them now, they’re just not buying them anymore.

There’s more unsold there than in the west lower or most of the middle sections in the East.

The club are trying to sell something that isn’t in demand.

smithy_hibees
05-08-2019, 12:25 PM
It's phrased a bit abrasively, but it's a fairly accurate comment on the state of Scottish football right now.

There is a big push to make Scottish football "more family friendly", to the detriment of atmosphere.

Budge said the other day that she wanted Tynecastle to be the "most hospitable and family friendly stadium in Scotland". When you combine this with the alarming season ticket price increases over there, the cynic in me would call this gentrification of their support. Price out the 'riff raff' and the young team, the bad PR they sometimes bring goes away and everyone can enjoy the football in peace.

Back to us, we're not anywhere near as bad as that, but there is that focusing on 'family friendly' football.

It would be better for everyone who runs the game (Police Scotland in particular) if there was no active support at any club in Scotland. They don't like young fans who stand and sing, they seem suspicious of them and think they're about to cause trouble at any moment.

'Family friendly' is such a short sighted aim. When I was young, I went with my Dad and my two brothers in the FF Lower. When I got a bit older, I moved to be part of the noise in the old East, it looked fantastic and I wanted in. In terms of football, families often don't go as families forever. You're taken as a kid, you start going with mates, you have your own kids, you take them, they start going with mates. It often works out that way. The family friendly concept doesn't really take this into account.

In an ideal world for me, if a Scottish football ground had four stands, they would be laid out as such:

- Away stand, full of people standing and singing like Leeds/Sheff Wednesday and others do down south
- Home end behind the goals, full of people standing and signing like Wolves' south bank, maybe a drum too

The drive to sanitise Scottish football - in the same way that the atmosphere in English top flight football has been completely dead in the water for a few years now - is dangerous for our game. We don't have the quality of football, why try to drive down the quality of the matchday experience too?

Cracking post

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Many get aggitated about the fact that the FFL is never full but the solution of shifting the families and allowing the singing section does nothing to address that issue it just shifts the issue as folk would migrate from the East causing huge gaps in the crowd there and the displaced families wouldn't fill those gaps. You are just re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

We sell 13k STs or there abouts yet we reserve 16k to 18k(dependent upon game) seats for our own fans. There will still be huge areas of unsold seats until we are absolutely selling out 16k season tickets each season.

Theres nobody there, the area is almost completely empty, and it does not add anything to the atmosphere. Singing section should be directly behind the goals.
Its pretty poor looking on TV when the area directly behind the goals is empty.

S.sct
05-08-2019, 01:51 PM
This seems to be a perpetual debate. Simple answer. Atmosphere is something that generates naturally at football matches. Anyone looking to relocate people from their favourite seat, have a wee chant yourself, atmosphere will be better, everyone’s happy.

Onceinawhile
05-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Theres nobody there, the area is almost completely empty, and it does not add anything to the atmosphere. Singing section should be directly behind the goals.
Its pretty poor looking on TV when the area directly behind the goals is empty.

That's not really true though is it?

FWIW, I think they are in the right stand, but as has been mentioned, probably have the wrong people below them. The kids in the FFL don't seem to be too bothered about singing and most of the parents are passed the age where they're likely to give it gusto for 90 minutes.

The problem then, is that Hibs want the more expensive seats (e.g. the side of the pitch) filled with adults and the cheaper seats (e.g. behind the goals) filled with kids. I wonder if it would be possible to move the family section into 3 or 4 of the blocks in the FFL and have since 1875 in the other 1/2.

Or, have a straight swap (if people are happy to) between the folks in the section below Since 1875 and Since 1875.

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2019, 03:36 PM
That's not really true though is it?

FWIW, I think they are in the right stand, but as has been mentioned, probably have the wrong people below them. The kids in the FFL don't seem to be too bothered about singing and most of the parents are passed the age where they're likely to give it gusto for 90 minutes.

The problem then, is that Hibs want the more expensive seats (e.g. the side of the pitch) filled with adults and the cheaper seats (e.g. behind the goals) filled with kids. I wonder if it would be possible to move the family section into 3 or 4 of the blocks in the FFL and have since 1875 in the other 1/2.

Or, have a straight swap (if people are happy to) between the folks in the section below Since 1875 and Since 1875.

Is it not the same price for an adult in the FF and the East? £405.

Meanwhile, there are loads of empty seats in the singing section. Maybe if there was a demand for these seats then there would be a case for moving it, again.

PatHead
05-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Meanwhile, there are loads of empty seats in the singing section. Maybe if there was a demand for these seats then there would be a case for moving it, again.

How many people are there in the Si going section? I have asked this every time and on every thread about this and never get an answer. To me it looks like about 100 or so. If that is right I don't see the point in moving 100s of fans to accommodate that many.

ForeverHibs
05-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Just making stuff up now mate

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2019, 06:19 PM
How many people are there in the Si going section? I have asked this every time and on every thread about this and never get an answer. To me it looks like about 100 or so. If that is right I don't see the point in moving 100s of fans to accommodate that many.

~260 season tickets sold in that section, if that’s the question.

PatHead
05-08-2019, 08:36 PM
~260 season tickets sold in that section, if that’s the question.

Thanks. Been trying to find that out for ages.

Don't know if you can answer this. How many are spare in the section and would many of the section who didn't move from the East would move to the FF lower?

It is only by finding out if there is an appetite could it be looked at further.

Onceinawhile
05-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Not in the FFL.

Chuck Rhoades
06-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Thanks. Been trying to find that out for ages.

Don't know if you can answer this. How many are spare in the section and would many of the section who didn't move from the East would move to the FF lower?

It is only by finding out if there is an appetite could it be looked at further.

Pretty sure there’s ~300 seats in total in S25. Don’t know the answer to your specific point, but I would say majority knowing a lot of faces in S25 from 4 seasons at the back of the East.

SChibs
06-08-2019, 06:23 AM
There's 2 different types of supporters imo. One kind who primarily come to watch a game of football and another kind who primarily come to watch the team and make a loud of noise. We have a lot of the first kind which is fair enough, if that's what people come to the football for then they are entitled to do that.

I don't know anyone on this thread personally so I don't know what they do at games so this isn't targeted at any poster. BUt having been at plenty hibs games over the last few years there's lots of fans who have a moan about a poor atmosphere yet they contribute nothing themselves

Antifa Hibs
06-08-2019, 08:25 AM
There's 2 different types of supporters imo. One kind who primarily come to watch a game of football and another kind who primarily come to watch the team and make a loud of noise. We have a lot of the first kind which is fair enough, if that's what people come to the football for then they are entitled to do that.

I don't know anyone on this thread personally so I don't know what they do at games so this isn't targeted at any poster. BUt having been at plenty hibs games over the last few years there's lots of fans who have a moan about a poor atmosphere yet they contribute nothing themselves

Because how its organised up here IMO.

Our best away days as a support are Tynie, Ibrox, Parkhead and Pittodrie IMO. I'll get slaughtered for this but there are less kids/families, everyones standing and up for it and of course they're our biggest games so take care of themselves. It's hard to get much of an atmosphere going at places like St Johnstone and Livingston and other close proximity and cheaper games were day trippers and families come out. That's not a dig but the reality IMO.

There's absolutely no reason why an active supporter culture can't be accommodated alongside everyone else. We cater for hospitality clients, disabled people, families, people that just want to turn up and watch a game of fitba, why not cater for those wanting to stand and support there team with noise and colour? Every club in the continent somehow manages this except Scotland.

People saying we don't have the demand for it because we currently don't have 2000 standing at home is nonsense. Celtic and the Green Brigade went from about 150 folk standing up the back rows of a wee block to selling their standing section out instantly. I reckon we'd be the same in the FF lower.

Dempster had a chance to make a positive change to ER but blew it. Similarly to the loyalty points she's too stubborn to change so will stick with her decision.

Antifa Hibs
06-08-2019, 08:26 AM

Spot on.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 08:30 AM
No danger.FF lower was about half full,the east was
probably about 75% full.

So 7/800 seats empty in FF v 1800 empty in East? My point exactly.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Just making stuff up now mate

Am I. You need to open your eyes. Both end sections almost empty and gaps all over in East. If you sit in West you see face on the missing fans/empty seats in East. Even the old Section 43 is not full.

Daniel 1875
06-08-2019, 08:43 AM
I think there's little argument that any singing section aiming to make as much noise as possible needs to be closer to the pitch rather than stuck away up in the corner (and behind a wall from some of the traditionally noisiest part of the stadium in the East stand).

If you look at where a huge number of teams stick the away fans in order to keep them quiet and not give them the chance to create an atmosphere then it's hard to argue against the idea that a move to the middle of the FF lower would be hugely beneficial for purely atmospheric/noise reasons.

The huge plus of the move to the FF is that it gives a brilliant platform for displays, many of which have looked great over recent years. However given the recent attendance issues in the FF lower, especially for the higher profile matches where displays are most likely, it has meant that on some occasions there are gaps in the lower tier - a huge shame after the work that is put in to make the displays happen.

I'd imagine that families who sit in the FF lower are just there to watch the game, and from a pure view of the pitch point of view I'd suggest sitting upstairs in the FF is better than sitting in the lower tier. I've sat in both areas of the stand and the view from upstairs is much better for watching the game IMO.

Has there been any reason given from the club why they are unwilling to give the S1875 guys a chance to try out the FF lower for a cup game (ie Morton next weekend) when the chances are the lower tier will be mostly empty for the game anyway? Of course uprooting a large number of fans isn't ideal, but for a game such as Morton when we're likely to see a much reduced crowd I don't see the harm in giving the idea a test run.

Since90+2
06-08-2019, 08:45 AM

The issue with the FF lower is that it's about 50% full on a good day and it paints a bad picture of the club.

Your figures above confirm that.

Since90+2
06-08-2019, 08:49 AM
The situation with the FF lower will only change when Dempster leaves the club. She's made her position clear on it and she does not strike me as someone who changes policy that easily.

Ron might have other ideas but he's not going to overule his CEO however I think something may happen when Dempster does eventually go.

Hibernian32
06-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Keep the upper FF and upper west closed until the bottom tiers have sold out.

Next year simply don't allow anyone to renew in the Upper tiers these shouldnt become available until the rest have sold out. Stops the FF and looking like a morgue

Antifa Hibs
06-08-2019, 09:13 AM

You havn't half been spouting pish the last week or so on various threads.

The FF lower at best was half full. The West, East and FF upper at worst were three quarters full.

PatHead
06-08-2019, 09:44 AM
I think there's little argument that any singing section aiming to make as much noise as possible needs to be closer to the pitch rather than stuck away up in the corner (and behind a wall from some of the traditionally noisiest part of the stadium in the East stand).

If you look at where a huge number of teams stick the away fans in order to keep them quiet and not give them the chance to create an atmosphere then it's hard to argue against the idea that a move to the middle of the FF lower would be hugely beneficial for purely atmospheric/noise reasons.

The huge plus of the move to the FF is that it gives a brilliant platform for displays, many of which have looked great over recent years. However given the recent attendance issues in the FF lower, especially for the higher profile matches where displays are most likely, it has meant that on some occasions there are gaps in the lower tier - a huge shame after the work that is put in to make the displays happen.

I'd imagine that families who sit in the FF lower are just there to watch the game, and from a pure view of the pitch point of view I'd suggest sitting upstairs in the FF is better than sitting in the lower tier. I've sat in both areas of the stand and the view from upstairs is much better for watching the game IMO.

Has there been any reason given from the club why they are unwilling to give the S1875 guys a chance to try out the FF lower for a cup game (ie Morton next weekend) when the chances are the lower tier will be mostly empty for the game anyway? Of course uprooting a large number of fans isn't ideal, but for a game such as Morton when we're likely to see a much reduced crowd I don't see the harm in giving the idea a test run.

Regarding your last paragraph.

There is no sense in letting 1875 trial the area at the Morton game if there is no chance of moving there.

I met 2 of the guys from 1875 last night at Working Together. They came over as decent guys with a clear ambition of improving the atmosphere during games. They work hard at it and deserve all the encouragement that they can get.

Apart from the logistics, a possible problem in moving to the lower section is that the "hangers on" could throw pirotechnics or stuff onto the pitch. The group moved from the back of Section 43 because of problems caused by the "hangers on". I suspect the club are **** scared of it happening again right down at the pitch.

Keep up the good work and try to find a way of policing the group then you would give Leeann a real decision to make.

Daniel 1875
06-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Regarding your last paragraph.

There is no sense in letting 1875 trial the area at the Morton game if there is no chance of moving there.

I met 2 of the guys from 1875 last night at Working Together. They came over as decent guys with a clear ambition of improving the atmosphere during games. They work hard at it and deserve all the encouragement that they can get.

Apart from the logistics, a possible problem in moving to the lower section is that the "hangers on" could throw pirotechnics or stuff onto the pitch. The group moved from the back of Section 43 because of problems caused by the "hangers on". I suspect the club are **** scared of it happening again right down at the pitch.

Keep up the good work and try to find a way of policing the group then you would give Leeann a real decision to make.

Do Celtic not have hangers on in the Green Brigade section? Sunderland behind the goal at the Stadium of Light, Newcastle fans creating colour and atmosphere in the Gallowgate? The tens of thousands of fans in the Kop and Anfield or in the Yellow Wall in Dortmund?

I don’t think a fear of an individual doing something they shouldn’t is a legitimate reason to keep the fans that want to make noise and bring colour to the ground tucked away in the top corner of the stadium.

The club’s ticketing system and an improved CCTV system will mean any perpetrators should be dealt with properly, I can’t see how that is a problem specific to Hibs when there are similar groups of fans throughout world football.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 01:05 PM
You havn't half been spouting pish the last week or so on various threads.

The FF lower at best was half full. The West, East and FF upper at worst were three quarters full.

The FFL was certainly more than half full. Dont know where you sit but from the West You can quite clearly see the gaps in the East. Its not pish just rebutal of some of the nobsense posted by those who have an agenda.

Anywhoes I am bsically just a grumpy old git who likes a good moan at what tends to be entitled Millenials and Cententials😉😉😉

Moulin Yarns
06-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Not in the FFL.

According to the season tickets site £405 for an adult in the ffl and East stands

PatHead
06-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Do Celtic not have hangers on in the Green Brigade section? Sunderland behind the goal at the Stadium of Light, Newcastle fans creating colour and atmosphere in the Gallowgate? The tens of thousands of fans in the Kop and Anfield or in the Yellow Wall in Dortmund?

I don’t think a fear of an individual doing something they shouldn’t is a legitimate reason to keep the fans that want to make noise and bring colour to the ground tucked away in the top corner of the stadium.

The club’s ticketing system and an improved CCTV system will mean any perpetrators should be dealt with properly, I can’t see how that is a problem specific to Hibs when there are similar groups of fans throughout world football.
Doubtless they have, however these one or two fannies are ruining it for everyone.