PDA

View Full Version : Daughters First Game

SMAXXA
03-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Hi guys, my wife and I are going to take our wee girl to her first game today she’s only 2 and a half and was wondering if there is anything for kids in the family stand (other than the football) just I’m guessing it’s going to be a big ask for her to sit through it, anything inside the stand for kids so her mum can take her inside and let me watch the game in piece 😂?

A know it’s a football match and no a crèche but surly others must have had a similar situation so just looking for some insight.

Thanks

Power
03-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Hi guys, my wife and I are going to take our wee girl to her first game today she’s only 2 and a half and was wondering if there is anything for kids in the family stand (other than the football) just I’m guessing it’s going to be a big ask for her to sit through it, anything inside the stand for kids so her mum can take her inside and let me watch the game in piece 😂?

A know it’s a football match and no a crèche but surly others must have had a similar situation so just looking for some insight.

Thanks

I started taking my laddie really young to games - it was the only way I was getting there myself - but glad I did as he is fully in the swing of things now (7).
Back then it was breaking the game into chunks. Taking some of his own toys for entertainment and using my phone as an entertainment system when the interest in what was going on really wasn’t there.

I believe there is new colour and going-on in the FF now, do let me know how that is. Enjoy it all and take as many pictures as possible for the memory bank - it’ll be a special day ✅

SMAXXA
03-08-2019, 07:45 AM
I started taking my laddie really young to games - it was the only way I was getting there myself - but glad I did as he is fully in the swing of things now (7).
Back then it was breaking the game into chunks. Taking some of his own toys for entertainment and using my phone as an entertainment system when the interest in what was going on really wasn’t there.

I believe there is new colour and going-on in the FF now, do let me know how that is. Enjoy it all and take as many pictures as possible for the memory bank - it’ll be a special day ✅

Thanks mate and appreciate the advise, it’s definitely a side if going to a game that’s so important for young families they should go all out get a soft play inside and let me watch the football 😂

Onceinawhile
03-08-2019, 07:48 AM
There wasn't last year, but I think there will be some stuff this year.

I would recommend getting there as late as possible, take as many sweets as you can too.

Also, it sounds daft, but don't expect too much, she probably won't care about the game, but will be happy just to bug you with stupid questions, so dont expect to see too much of the game.

04Sauzee
03-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Thanks
I'm sure you don't like feeding your girl sweets but definitely take snacks of sorts, it's incredible how hungry kids get watching football 😁 oh and enjoy, my 2 have been going for a good few seasons now and it's great family time.

chrisski33
03-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Personnally feel 2 is too young to go. Take a tablet rather than feed her up with sweets as she will get a sugar high then the sugar crash. Are you sitting near stairs so when she gets restless you can take her somewhere for a quick walk?

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2019, 07:57 AM
There was a baby in the West Upper last week, what took you so long 😁

SMAXXA
03-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Personnally feel 2 is too young to go. Take a tablet rather than feed her up with sweets as she will get a sugar high then the sugar crash. Are you sitting near stairs so when she gets restless you can take her somewhere for a quick walk?

Yeah I know I’ve been wrestling with that but I suppose the worst thing that can happen is she doesn’t settle and we have to leave. Or is the worst thing she gets the bug and has a lifetime of Hibs in front of her 😂

BoomtownHibees
03-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Yeah I know I’ve been wrestling with that but I suppose the worst thing that can happen is she doesn’t settle and we have to leave. Or is the worst thing she gets the bug and has a lifetime of Hibs in front of her 😂

I hope you mean her mum will have to leave 😉

SMAXXA
03-08-2019, 08:11 AM
I hope you mean her mum will have to leave 😉

Naturally 😉