PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lord bunberry
03-08-2019, 01:52 AM
I’m not sure if there’s ever been an F1 thread on here before so I thought I’d start one.
Its the Austrian GP this week. A track that tends to favour cars with less power and a decent chassis. I’m a huge fan of Max Verstappen and I think he’ll win for a second race in a row. Mercedes will always be strong with Hamilton in the car, but I get the feeling the pendulum is starting to swing towards Red Bull, with Ferrari somewhere in the middle.
Rain is forecast for the weekend which always makes for an exciting race and if it’s half as good as last week in Germany we’re in for a treat.

McD
03-08-2019, 12:37 PM
I’m not sure if there’s ever been an F1 thread on here before so I thought I’d start one.
Its the Austrian GP this week. A track that tends to favour cars with less power and a decent chassis. I’m a huge fan of Max Verstappen and I think he’ll win for a second race in a row. Mercedes will always be strong with Hamilton in the car, but I get the feeling the pendulum is starting to swing towards Red Bull, with Ferrari somewhere in the middle.
Rain is forecast for the weekend which always makes for an exciting race and if it’s half as good as last week in Germany we’re in for a treat.

Isn't it the hungarian race this week?

lord bunberry
03-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Isn't it the hungarian race this week?
Yes it is, I was watching the practice sessions as I typed it as well :greengrin

lord bunberry
03-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Qualifying is just about to start, but I’m off to the match so I won’t see it.

GreenLake
03-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Dutch fans letting off orange smoke. Max took pole. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/c2bcc2ce36d0ec2db69a71dee1ac352c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

GreenLake
03-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Lewis the Championhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/58ab835fa3db128dd10bb10aa664e6c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

hibs#1
03-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Used to love F1 when I was a kid couldn't sit and watch a full race now though.

patch1875
03-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Big fan.

Been to Silverstone a couple of times planning a long haul race for my 50rh in a couple of years.

CloudSquall
03-08-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm a fan but it feels like you have to wait 10 races that are over at the first corner to get one like last week.

patch1875
03-08-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm a fan but it feels like you have to wait 10 races that are over at the first corner to get one like last week.

Last 3 have been all very good not expecting much tomorrow but hopefully Max livens it up.

Jack
03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Used to love F1 when I was a kid couldn't sit and watch a full race now though.

You can't watch a full race now, British apart, unless you're prepared to pay a small fortune. Maybe paying through the nose focuses the mind!

And that's why audiences are declining for F1 and so many other sports.

patch1875
03-08-2019, 09:45 PM
I’m still on sky’s legacy package so get it for free always a hassle when negotiating a new deal as they try to move me away from it.

I love the technical side of the sport and probably prefer it to football nowadays.

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 02:21 AM
Delighted for Max to get his first pole position and a great lap from George Russell in the Williams to get the car off the back row for the first time this season. Hopefully there will be some rain tomorrow as it can be difficult to pass in Hungary.

CloudSquall
04-08-2019, 01:17 PM
I had high hopes for Bottas after his impressive performance at William's but he is going to struggle to keep that seat from Ocon now.

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 05:33 PM
I had high hopes for Bottas after his impressive performance at William's but he is going to struggle to keep that seat from Ocon now.
George Russell will be in with a shout for that seat as well.

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Fascinating race today without there being much overtaking. Ima a huge Verstappen fan and I’m gutted he didn’t get the win, but you have to hand it to Mercedes with that strategy call to bring Lewis in when they did and Lewis executed it like the champion he is. Ferrari where miles off the pace, but that wasn’t much of a surprise at a circuit that doesn’t favour their car. Another solid day for Maclaren and I think they’ll be back winning races next season. Disappointing races from Bottas and Gasly and I doubt either will retain their seats for next season.
Its going to be fascinating second half to the season.

patch1875
04-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Fascinating race today without there being much overtaking. Ima a huge Verstappen fan and I’m gutted he didn’t get the win, but you have to hand it to Mercedes with that strategy call to bring Lewis in when they did and Lewis executed it like the champion he is. Ferrari where miles off the pace, but that wasn’t much of a surprise at a circuit that doesn’t favour their car. Another solid day for Maclaren and I think they’ll be back winning races next season. Disappointing races from Bottas and Gasly and I doubt either will retain their seats for next season.
Its going to be fascinating second half to the season.

Really good feel for Max if the Ferraris were in the mix he would have won.

Bottas will go I reckon with Ocon coming in although apparently Renault are interested in him, Gasly is struggling but who do they bring in? Going to be interesting how it all pans out.

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Really good feel for Max if the Ferraris were in the mix he would have won.

Bottas will go I reckon with Ocon coming in although apparently Renault are interested in him, Gasly is struggling but who do they bring in? Going to be interesting how it all pans out.
I think Albon will come in for Gasly, there’s a possibility the Kvyat could get another chance, but the fact that he’s already had a chance and failed makes that unlikely. Red Bull always seem to promote from their own driver programme and Albon seems the next in line, but he’s very inexperienced so I think they’ll wait until the end of the season before making the change. I feel a bit for Bottas and Gasly as they’re up against the two best drivers around right now. I have a feeling Russel might go to a bigger team and do well and he might get the Mercedes drive if Ocon goes to Renault.

patch1875
12-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Gasly out Albon in.

Red bull at there ruthless best hopefully they won’t destroy 2 young drivers in a season.

lord bunberry
12-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Gasly out Albon in.

Red bull at there ruthless best hopefully they won’t destroy 2 young drivers in a season.
They could well destroy 2 young drivers. Gasly was definitely ready and talented enough to make the step up, but for some reason it’s not worked for him at Red Bull. Albon is a talented young driver, but unlike Gasly he’s been outperformed by Kvyat and he’s got less experience than Gasly. It’s a big gamble for Red Bull. I’d have either continued with Gasly or given Kvyat another go until the end of the season, with a view to bringing in Albon next season.

patch1875
12-08-2019, 03:20 PM
They could well destroy 2 young drivers. Gasly was definitely ready and talented enough to make the step up, but for some reason it’s not worked for him at Red Bull. Albon is a talented young driver, but unlike Gasly he’s been outperformed by Kvyat and he’s got less experience than Gasly. It’s a big gamble for Red Bull. I’d have either continued with Gasly or given Kvyat another go until the end of the season, with a view to bringing in Albon next season.

I agree only logic may be that Kvyat has already had Red Bull experience so may be considered once they have tried Albon until the end of the season.

I would have given Kvyat the seat due to his experience giving them a better chance of finishing above Ferrari in the constructors.

Bet they wish the gave Danny Ric a better deal!

lord bunberry
13-08-2019, 07:28 AM
I agree only logic may be that Kvyat has already had Red Bull experience so may be considered once they have tried Albon until the end of the season.

I would have given Kvyat the seat due to his experience giving them a better chance of finishing above Ferrari in the constructors.

Bet they wish the gave Danny Ric a better deal!
Kvyat is in the form of his life just now, the penny seems to finally have dropped for him. I agree about Danny Ric, they could be challenging for the constructors title if he’d stayed.

lord bunberry
27-08-2019, 12:10 AM
F1 returns this weekend with the French Grand Prix at the visually stunning circuit Paul Ricard. The race was won last year by Lewis Hamilton who started on pole. Mercedes have looked vulnerable in the last few races as Red Bull have served it up to them led by the magnificent Max Verstappen. Max is now partnered by Alex Albon and it will be interesting to see how he gets on. There will no doubt be updates on all cars and that makes predictions difficult, but I’m hoping Verstappen can go well and reignite the championship race.

patch1875
27-08-2019, 02:31 PM
F1 returns this weekend with the French Grand Prix at the visually stunning circuit Paul Ricard. The race was won last year by Lewis Hamilton who started on pole. Mercedes have looked vulnerable in the last few races as Red Bull have served it up to them led by the magnificent Max Verstappen. Max is now partnered by Alex Albon and it will be interesting to see how he gets on. There will no doubt be updates on all cars and that makes predictions difficult, but I’m hoping Verstappen can go well and reignite the championship race.

Think I will watch the one at Spa. ;-)

Ferrari for the win hopefully

lord bunberry
28-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Think I will watch the one at Spa. ;-)

Ferrari for the win hopefully
I get the venue wrong every time :faf:

patch1875
29-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Bottas stays at merc for 2020 no real suprise.

Must mean Ocon has a seat somewhere possibly Renault which in turn leaves Hulkenberg looking elsewhere.

CloudSquall
29-08-2019, 08:54 PM

Must mean Ocon has a seat somewhere possibly Renault which in turn leaves Hulkenberg looking elsewhere.

Yep Ocon confirmed for Renault.

Makes sense for Mercedes, Bottas isn't a threat to Hamilton but is good enough to ensure the constructors championship while Ocon picks up the experience needed for the Merc drive.

I know Hamilton has improved further in these years but given Bottas' performance against him if goes to show how good Rosberg was to compete with Hamilton given his critics.

lord bunberry
29-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Yep Ocon confirmed for Renault.

Makes sense for Mercedes, Bottas isn't a threat to Hamilton but is good enough to ensure the constructors championship while Ocon picks up the experience needed for the Merc drive.

I know Hamilton has improved further in these years but given Bottas' performance against him if goes to show how good Rosberg was to compete with Hamilton given his critics.
Rosberg was an excellent driver and much more likeable than Hamilton. I wish he’d stayed on as a driver as the battle with Hamilton that year was epic. I’ve always been of the opinion that Hamilton is the best driver on the grid, but Rosberg had the arrogance to believe he could go head to head with Hamilton.

lord bunberry
29-08-2019, 10:27 PM

If I’d reported this I’d have said Bottas was staying with Ferrari :greengrin

lord bunberry
29-08-2019, 10:31 PM
As an aside I feel really sorry for Hulkenburg. The guy is probably the best driver never to get a drive with a big team. I heard the fact that he’s quite tall and therefore a bit heavier than most drivers has worked against him.

Jack
29-08-2019, 11:32 PM
Can we have a sweep about what Romain Grosjean will be complaining about this race after he's mucked up again?

lord bunberry
30-08-2019, 12:04 AM
Can we have a sweep about what Romain Grosjean will be complaining about this race after he's mucked up again?
We can jack. Obviously everyone will want The I’ve just crashed into my team mate ticket, closely followed by I spun off with no one near me but I’m blaming it on someone else ticket. Has he ever retired from a race through mechanical issues?

lord bunberry
30-08-2019, 02:52 AM
Albon marking time for a return of Vettel to Red Bull is another rumour.

CloudSquall
30-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Would that mean Verstappen and Vettel in the same team or would Verstappen be expected to move to Ferrari/Mercedes?

Having those two in the same team would guarantee some fireworks:greengrin

patch1875
30-08-2019, 09:43 AM
I like Grosjean seems a decent guy but he’s just so prone to errors, when he on form he can be very good though.

Hulkenberg is being touted for the Haas seat but they said last night that Sauber might be an option.

patch1875
30-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Big fan is Rosberg.

Pity he retired but beating Hamilton took so much out of him don’t think he could have done it again. Shows how good Hamilton is I don’t like his persona (especially when he loses) but what a driver he is.

Rosberg seems to have a nice life now between Monaco and Ibiza!

lord bunberry
30-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Would that mean Verstappen and Vettel in the same team or would Verstappen be expected to move to Ferrari/Mercedes?

Having those two in the same team would guarantee some fireworks:greengrin
There’s been rumours Max will leave, but who knows. Both in the same team would be good, but Max and Leclerc in the same team would be even better I think.

Bangkok Hibby
30-08-2019, 01:20 PM

Mon the (half) Thai guy. 🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭

CloudSquall
30-08-2019, 01:52 PM
There’s been rumours Max will leave, but who knows. Both in the same team would be good, but Max and Leclerc in the same team would be even better I think.

I hope to see Verstappen, Le Clerc and Hamilton in cars more or less equal while Hamilton is still at his peak, I think if they brought in changes to allow for drivers to push harder for overtakes we'd be in for some great viewing (rather than pushing for 1 lap and then coasting for 20 laps to cool down the tyres...), Red Bull seem to be getting there or there abouts now, just need Ferrari to step it up again.

McD
31-08-2019, 07:35 AM
As an aside I feel really sorry for Hulkenburg. The guy is probably the best driver never to get a drive with a big team. I heard the fact that he’s quite tall and therefore a bit heavier than most drivers has worked against him.

I think that is what did for Paul Di Resta, he’s a bit taller than most other drivers, which meant he was heavier and possibly needing to make adjustments to the car due to his height

Jack
31-08-2019, 10:16 AM
I think that is what did for Paul Di Resta, he’s a bit taller than most other drivers, which meant he was heavier and possibly needing to make adjustments to the car due to his height

I'm sure they said a few seasons ago that tall drivers mucked up the air flow into air intake above the (smaller) drivers heads.

When new regulations were introduced around this I remember some taller drivers were having to move their heads to one side to get more air in to cool the engine. Might have been around David Coulthards time.

patch1875
31-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Anthoine Hubert died after accident in the F2 race.

RIP

CloudSquall
31-08-2019, 08:40 PM
LeClerc will be No.1 driver at Ferrari sooner or later.

lord bunberry
31-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Anthoine Hubert died after accident in the F2 race.

RIP
Such sad news, it was a horrific pile up.

lord bunberry
31-08-2019, 08:43 PM
LeClerc will be No.1 driver at Ferrari sooner or later.
I think so, he was dominant today. He needs to transfer that to race day though.

pontius pilate
31-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Tragic news about Hubert LH said it perfectly every time they guys are on track it could be the last time ever something we as fans the media and some in F1 take for granted

lord bunberry
01-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Good win today for Leclerc in challenging circumstances after the tragic events of the weekend. It was a pretty dull race up front, but there was plenty decent scraps down the field. Norris was desperately unlucky that his car broke down on the last lap, but Albon made a solid debut fighting his way through the field to claim 5th place. Disappointing to see Verstappen crash out in the first lap and Vettel was disappointing in 4th.
Monza(I think:greengrin) is next up a week today.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Tragic news about Hubert LH said it perfectly every time they guys are on track it could be the last time ever something we as fans the media and some in F1 take for granted

The same could be said for several sports, boxing, super bikes, any other form of motor racing, skiing etc. Thankfully the safety features of F1 have at least made it a lot safer than it used to be.

patch1875
05-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Verstappen taking a new engine so will start at the back.

Going for a Ferrari win again and Vettel this time.

lord bunberry
05-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Verstappen taking a new engine so will start at the back.

Going for a Ferrari win again and Vettel this time.
I hate that rule, it takes some of the enjoyment out of the race. I will be putting a bet on Verstappen in the hope there’s a pile up at the first corner or it pisses down with rain.

patch1875
06-09-2019, 08:41 AM
I hate that rule, it takes some of the enjoyment out of the race. I will be putting a bet on Verstappen in the hope there’s a pile up at the first corner or it pisses down with rain.

More powerful engine apparently so he should get near the front fairly quickly.

It’s a tricky one no engine restrictions would benefit the big teams as they would just pop a new one in every race.

lord bunberry
06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
More powerful engine apparently so he should get near the front fairly quickly.

It’s a tricky one no engine restrictions would benefit the big teams as they would just pop a new one in every race.
I’d like a punishment that doesn’t effect the actual race. A constructors points deduction could be the way to go.

Jack
06-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Damp first practice. Just trying slicks now with a few minutes to go.

Jack
06-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Lec
sai
nor
ham
alb
kvy
ver
bot
gas
gio
str
ric
mag
hul
gro

Jack
07-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Q3 farce but I thought it was quite funny!

patch1875
07-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Shambles.

Set up nicely though for the race start.

patch1875
08-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Great race.

Leclerc puts to bed any doubters he the real deal keeping Hamilton behind was superb.

RyeSloan
08-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Great race.

Leclerc puts to bed any doubters he the real deal keeping Hamilton behind was superb.

Just the right side of wrong as well with his defence...sign of a consummate driver that. Was a class battle at the front tho!

Vettel is finished. He’s be better retiring while he still has some respect left.

Bottas showed why he will never win a world championship. OK his tyres might have been going off but he must have made 3 or 4 mistakes in 8 laps near the end and let Leclerc off the hook.

patch1875
08-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Just the right side of wrong as well with his defence...sign of a consummate driver that. Was a class battle at the front tho!

Vettel is finished. He’s be better retiring while he still has some respect left.

Bottas showed why he will never win a world championship. OK his tyres might have been going off but he must have made 3 or 4 mistakes in 8 laps near the end and let Leclerc off the hook.

Feel for Vettel don’t think the car suits his style as he keeps losing the rear. Can’t write off a 4 times champ but he’s obviously struggling.

Never rated Bottas he bottles it when the pressure ramps up.

lord bunberry
09-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Leclerc was excellent again, he really got the elbows out when Hamilton put the pressure on. It was an amazing sight at the end with all the fans underneath the podium singing the Italian anthem.

lord bunberry
21-09-2019, 12:19 AM
Singapore this weekend and it looks a straight fight between Hamilton and Verstappen for the win. I fancy Hamilton to get the pole as he’s an absolute master in qualifying. The problem Verstappen has is that Hamilton is also an absolute master on the Sunday. This race should be a nailed on victory for red bull, but the lack of a likely back up driver up the grid might hamper Max. As always I’m hoping for Verstappen to win, but Hamilton can’t ever be discounted.

lord bunberry
21-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks that’s going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.

patch1875
22-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks that’s going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.

Looking forward to this!

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.

patch1875
23-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.

Wasn’t great but the strategy’s were intriguing enjoyed the Mercs cocking up, great to see the Ferrari’s back and a superb drive from Vettel.

The midfield battles are making this season.

Northernhibee
26-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.

CloudSquall
27-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.

Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.

Northernhibee
27-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.

I'd also love to see McLaren get to the position where they can challenge for podiums. I really rate Sainz and Norris.

Northernhibee
29-09-2019, 02:58 PM
I actually don’t hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go “no, I’m racing” may not be popular but it’s F1, not figure skating.

CloudSquall
29-09-2019, 05:14 PM
I actually don’t hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go “no, I’m racing” may not be popular but it’s F1, not figure skating.

I agree, after a few laps LeClerc was over 1.5 seconds behind and Vettel was much faster, if Vettel had slowed down for the switch both if them would've been under pressure from Hamilton.

patch1875
30-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Was a great drive by Vettel, I imagine that him getting so far ahead so quickly wasn’t expected.Leclerc seems to be the better qualifier but Seb seems to be quicker in the race.

Probably only France this year has been a poor race it’s a pity Ferrari couldn’t have this pace earlier in the season.

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 02:11 AM
In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous! :greengrin
This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. It’s a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and he’ll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.

patch1875
26-10-2019, 03:47 PM
In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous! :greengrin
This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. It’s a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and he’ll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.

Ferrari’s look unstoppable, possible rain tomorrow which would make it interesting!

Jack
26-10-2019, 05:00 PM
On the other hand Hamilton could win the drivers championship 🏆

Northernhibee
26-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Next season should be interesting with Ferrari looking more racey. I fancy Vettel for the title.

Hoping changes at Williams sees them improve too.

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.

patch1875
26-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.

Love seeing Toto’s face when Bottas cocks up!

Still reckon Ferrari power will win Mercs are going to struggle so probably no WDC for Lewis.

patch1875
26-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Max called to the Stewards.

lord bunberry
26-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Max called to the Stewards.
Max given a three place grid penalty.

lord bunberry
28-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, I’d love to go there for a Grand Prix.

RyeSloan
28-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, I’d love to go there for a Grand Prix.

Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves that’s for sure!

Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

Was a good race as well but as you say just didn’t come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.

patch1875
01-11-2019, 06:29 AM
2021 cars looking very cool!

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves that’s for sure!

Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

Was a good race as well but as you say just didn’t come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.
He was really unlucky to get a puncture, but he still fought back well.

lord bunberry
01-11-2019, 11:53 AM
2021 cars looking very cool!
I’ve just had a wee look, they do look good. They look a bit shorter and narrower.

patch1875
03-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Not the best race today but well done Lewis.

pontius pilate
03-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Good midfield battle today tho. Albion had a stormer of a race chuffed for McLaren as well hopefully they build for next season

RyeSloan
03-11-2019, 08:43 PM
What happened to Ferrari!?

That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why he’s fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.

lord bunberry
03-11-2019, 10:26 PM
You have to hand it to Hamilton he’s the best driver of his generation and one of the all time greats.

Jack
04-11-2019, 12:48 PM
What happened to Ferrari!?

That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why he’s fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.

My Ferrari following friend and I were discussing Ferraris fuel last weekend on a lads weekend away. All weekend I said it was suspicious. All weekend he swore blind nothing to see here.

Did Ferrari not have a suspicious upturn in form last season that was short lived? My friend denied that too lol.

lord bunberry
06-11-2019, 10:07 PM
I’ve seen a lot of debate in the last few days about why Hamilton isn’t particularly popular with the British public. There’s been plenty opinions on why this is and I’m not sure what side of the fence I sit on. I don’t dislike him, but he’s never been my favourite driver. I absolutely think he’s the best driver on the grid and one of the best ever, but for some reason I’ve never really taken to him. I was supporting Rosberg the year he won the title and Max Verstappen is currently my favourite driver. I’ve been an F1 fan all my life so maybe people like me and others on this thread don’t look at the sport from a partisan point of view and it’s more about the cars and the teams. I really don’t know because when Paul di Resta was racing I always wanted him to do well.

CloudSquall
09-11-2019, 01:22 PM
I've grown to appreciate Hamilton's skill and the fact that he is a level above everyone currently, however even though he seems a nice guy he just comes across as a bit of a knob as well.

This might make sense only in my head :greengrin, but it seems like 90% of what he comes out with is a collection of "inspirational" quotations you'd read off of the nonsense that is posted on Instagram.

lord bunberry
15-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Brazilian GP this weekend. A race famous for big crashes and controversial incidents. Leclerc is taking an engine penalty and could well be worth a punt to win it at a decent price given what’s happened in the past.
Albon is 80/1 to win, backing him each way gives you just over 26/1 to be on the podium.

The_Exile
15-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Red bull went well round Interlagos last year and if Ferrari don't find their mojo again then 80/1 is a big price. Red Bull will be hoping Mercedes are in cruise control mode now and they can possibly take advantage. Albon has out-pointed Max since joining Red Bull and I'd say on merit too, he's not as lively as Max is in that car and that seems to suit the Red Bull. Interesting race.

I see Hamilton is talking about a new contract. I always pictured him ending up at Ferrari at some point.

lord bunberry
15-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Red bull went well round Interlagos last year and if Ferrari don't find their mojo again then 80/1 is a big price. Red Bull will be hoping Mercedes are in cruise control mode now and they can possibly take advantage. Albon has out-pointed Max since joining Red Bull and I'd say on merit too, he's not as lively as Max is in that car and that seems to suit the Red Bull. Interesting race.

I see Hamilton is talking about a new contract. I always pictured him ending up at Ferrari at some point.
I was watching the F1 channel last night and they were saying that Hamilton has only ever driven Mercedes powered cars and that if he wants a continued role in F1 after he retires it makes sense for him to continue with Mercedes.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to this one.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Hamilton should be a sitting duck to the three cars behind on soft tyres. Come on Albon get a podium.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Albon up fo third

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:40 PM
The two Ferraris collide and are out, Hamilton inexplicably has just pitted, Albon up to second. I put £10 each way at 80/1.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:45 PM
Noooooooooooo I can’t believe it. **** off hamilton.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Great race again in Brazil. Gutted for my bet, but delighted for Gasly to get second.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Why don’t they give Hamilton his penalty now and less Sainz take his position on the podium?

patch1875
17-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Great stuff! Ferrari’s implode again.

RyeSloan
17-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Ahh what a bummer for the bet! Was looking sweet there.

Albon left too much of a gap but Hamilton man enough to own up to it at the end.

As you say I don’t understand why they don’t come to a quick decision on that and give McLaren the chance to actually be on the podium rather than give them it ‘posthumously’

Great race though and Ferrari always good value for being able to trip over themselves!!

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Ahh what a bummer for the bet! Was looking sweet there.

Albon left too much of a gap but Hamilton man enough to own up to it at the end.

As you say I don’t understand why they don’t come to a quick decision on that and give McLaren the chance to actually be on the podium rather than give them it ‘posthumously’

Great race though and Ferrari always good value for being able to trip over themselves!!
Yeah, hopefully Sainz will get another chance to be on the podium, but he might not.

patch1875
17-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Don’t think Hamilton was at fault saw a gap that suddenly disappeared.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Don’t think Hamilton was at fault saw a gap that suddenly disappeared.
I disagree, Albon is on the racing line and Hamilton has come up the inside. Hamilton then couldn’t make the corner and went straight on into Albon.

patch1875
17-11-2019, 06:27 PM
I disagree, Albon is on the racing line and Hamilton has come up the inside. Hamilton then couldn’t make the corner and went straight on into Albon.

Yeah watching it again your right could work our well for Sainz

Jack
17-11-2019, 06:55 PM
5 second penalty for Hamilton.

Means he's 7th.

patch1875
17-11-2019, 07:02 PM
5 second penalty for Hamilton.

Means he's 7th.

Still some yellow flag investigations to be confirmed.

The_Exile
17-11-2019, 07:58 PM
The two Ferraris collide and are out, Hamilton inexplicably has just pitted, Albon up to second. I put £10 each way at 80/1.

Same, tenner each way, gutted for the lad, he done nothing wrong and should’ve been on the podium.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Same, tenner each way, gutted for the lad, he done nothing wrong and should’ve been on the podium.
It’s especially gutting that it was basically meaningless in Hamilton’s season, but it would’ve been massive for Albon.

lord bunberry
17-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Yeah watching it again your right could work our well for Sainz
It’s a shame Sainz doesn’t get to stand on the podium though. Surely the decision could be made quicker.

patch1875
18-11-2019, 07:02 AM
It’s a shame Sainz doesn’t get to stand on the podium though. Surely the decision could be made quicker.

Did seem to take an age but I’m sure they be delighted with it.

Also great so see Gasly’s celebrations with the team must be like winning a WC for a midfield team!

lord bunberry
18-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Did seem to take an age but I’m sure they be delighted with it.

Also great so see Gasly’s celebrations with the team must be like winning a WC for a midfield team!

Gasly was brilliant you could see how much it meant to him.

RyeSloan
20-11-2019, 11:16 AM
FIA taking a closer look at Ferrari engine parts I see.

No surprise considering how their performance markedly improved out of no where then went immediately backwards after the recent rule ‘clarification’.

Might be nothing but it is all rather suspicious.

lord bunberry
03-12-2019, 09:02 PM
That’s the season over with a dominant performance from Hamilton. It was a weird old race with no DRS for the first 20 laps, but as usual there was an epic midfield battle that went right down to the last lap. The midfield battles this season have been the highlight of the year with a resurgent McLaren and Torro Rosso making every race exciting. The fact that Gasly, Kvyat and Sainz all got podiums this year bodes well for next season. McLaren look the most likely to step up and challenge the top teams next season, but I wouldn’t rule out Renault being in the mix. I noticed that Torro Rosso are going to be called Alpha Tauri next season, bizarrely to promote Red Bulls clothing brand.

patch1875
27-02-2020, 05:46 PM
F1- Drive To Survive S2 is on Netflix from tomorrow the first season was superb.

The_Exile
02-03-2020, 10:58 AM
I love Guenther Steiner! He's hilarious and it would be a hell of a ride working for the Haas team with the wee Italian in charge.

Quite looking forward to this year and should be competitive throughout the field considering most teams will likely have an eye on next year with the regulation changes. Looks like Mercedes will be the ones to beat again judging by how relatively straight forward they made testing look. Red Bull in second for me with Ferrari in third after having their engine pegged back a bit by the investigation.

I'm a Williams fan so I'm hoping we can actually go racing this year with the midfield rather than languishing a couple of seconds off the pace but I think that's wishful thinking. Haas and Alfa Romeo will likely have dropped back a bit. The new Racing Point (i.e. pink Mercedes) looks quick.

PeeJay
07-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Just realized Netflix has a terrific series on "Formula 1 - Drive To Survive", really enjoying it and the ideal thing to watch just before the season gets underway, some great footage, interviews and an interesting look behind the scenes ... a new series (2) has just been added

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Australian grand prix on sunday called off

patch1875
12-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Australian grand prix on sunday called off

Not official yet?

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Not official yet?

McClaren have withdrawn anyway.

nellio
13-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Confirmed off now.

patch1875
04-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Great to have it back!

Jack
04-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Great to have it back!

I'm not sure Ferrari agree!

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 02:53 PM
What a ****in race that was. I put a bet on Albon after the second safety car, I can’t believe Hamilton hit him again. What a race though.

Jack
05-07-2020, 03:45 PM
Quite exciting. Nobody could have guessed how that turned out, even on the last lap!

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Quite exciting. Nobody could have guessed how that turned out, even on the last lap!
:agree: Great last lap from Norris to get on the podium. He had a lot of bad luck last year so I’m delighted for him.

BroxburnHibee
05-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Id kind of fell out of love with F1 in the last decade whe still keeping an eye on results.

During lockdown however I've been watching a lot of old races and newer ones and caught the bug again.

Nice to see Lando and Mclaren on the podium.

marinello59
05-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Today’s race was like watching an extended British touring cars race. I couldn’t give it any more praise.

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Today’s race was like watching an extended British touring cars race. I couldn’t give it any more praise.
That’s a great comparison. There was so many twists and turns you could never be confident who was going to win. Hopefully it will be the same next week. I believe there’s rain forecast.

Jack
09-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Get your McLaren face mask now, ONLY £35!!!!

https://www.mclarenstore.com/gb/en/mclaren-f1-we-race-as-one-team-u-mask/701210840-orange.html

Just Alf
10-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Get your McLaren face mask now, ONLY £35!!!!

https://www.mclarenstore.com/gb/en/mclaren-f1-we-race-as-one-team-u-mask/701210840-orange.htmlAnd sold out!!!! Jeezo...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
12-07-2020, 06:05 PM
That’s a great comparison. There was so many twists and turns you could never be confident who was going to win. Hopefully it will be the same next week. I believe there’s rain forecast.

Another brilliant race. The winner was more predictable this time (which does wonders for my Fantasy F1 team) but behind Lewis there was plenty action again. The scrap between Perez, Norris, Stroll and Danny Ric was fabulous, Bottas vs Verstappen was great too.

Lewis truly is one of the greatest of all time, if not the best. Never thought Schumacher's records would be surpassed but for a man to be on the top of the sport for as long as he's been and still have a few seasons left in him, truly remarkable.

lord bunberry
12-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Another brilliant race. The winner was more predictable this time (which does wonders for my Fantasy F1 team) but behind Lewis there was plenty action again. The scrap between Perez, Norris, Stroll and Danny Ric was fabulous, Bottas vs Verstappen was great too.

Lewis truly is one of the greatest of all time, if not the best. Never thought Schumacher's records would be surpassed but for a man to be on the top of the sport for as long as he's been and still have a few seasons left in him, truly remarkable.
Lando’s last lap was epic yet again.

BroxburnHibee
12-07-2020, 07:17 PM
Surprised Vettel is struggling to find a drive.

I know Racing Point have been mentioned but be surprised to see them bin either driver.

lord bunberry
12-07-2020, 07:35 PM

I know Racing Point have been mentioned but be surprised to see them bin either driver.
I can’t see it either, Stroll’s dad owns the team and they love Perez. He’ll end up at alpha romeo, red bull is an outside bet.

NOLA
13-07-2020, 06:52 AM

I don’t think his hearts in it anymore, a break could do him good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McD
13-07-2020, 10:02 AM
I don’t think his hearts in it anymore, a break could do him good

i think he strugged when put under pressure by Hamilton/Mercedes, but chalked it up to not having an equal/better car. Then a couple of years ago Ferrari had a car that was better, but the team and Vettel made mistakes weekly, whilst Hamilton and Mercedes nailed it time after time.

I think that season kinda broke him, no excuses to use, just wasn't the best driver or team even though they had the best car, and its damaged his self confidence. He didn't seem to fight very hard as Ferrari decided to replace him, and last season seemed to be punctuated by moments of petulance and sulking as Leclerc kept improving and challenged his no.1 status.

I've never been a fan, but its sad seeing such a successful driver seemingly slowly sliding out of the sport quietly without some of the credit you'd think he is due.

jonty
02-08-2020, 01:11 PM
Procession for mercedes today i feel.
Hamilton has it wrapped up if he stays out of trouble (and doesnt have too many moments like in yesterdays qualifying)
Verstappen (3rd) will take no prisoners
Hulkenburg (13th) wont start (car issue) after his late stand-in for Perez

Vettel in 10th will make progress but he's not likely to get a podium ahead of Verstappen or Leclerc (4th)

jonty
02-08-2020, 02:40 PM
ooft
Front left tyre failure for Bottas and he's dropped out the top 10.

A few tyre failures now in the last lap.
Hamiltons tyre has gone too and he's not finished the final lap.

They should have had him in for a free pit stop.

Jack
02-08-2020, 07:17 PM
A moderately interesting race that burst into life on the last couple of laps!

... and we're all set to go next week on less durable tyres!

lord bunberry
02-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Red bull must be kicking themselves for bringing in Verstappen at the end, they’d have won easily if he’d stayed out.

Northernhibee
02-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Both the drivers and constructors' titles sewn up.

Wouldn't shock me if Hamilton ended up a ten time champ by the time his career is over. Fair enough the Mercedes is the best car but he's made it that way with the team and they wouldn't be able to find him a team mate who could keep up. Even in his debut year he was easily the match of Alonso by mid season.

lord bunberry
10-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Cracking victory for Verstappen yesterday, it’s looking like Mercedes are struggling with tyres in warmer weather, hopefully that will make the races a bit more competitive. Good drive from Leclerc, but Vettel would be as well walking away from Ferrari now.

The_Exile
13-08-2020, 10:30 PM
I’ve never been much of a Vettel fan but seeing him having almost given up just doesn’t sit right with me. He’s a great driver, multiple world champion and his heart just isn’t in it any more. I wonder how much of that is down to him being treated a pretty badly at Ferrari these past few months? There’s talk of him going to Racing Point next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he just jacked it all in looking at his body language and comments recently.

lord bunberry
15-08-2020, 12:10 AM
I’ve never been much of a Vettel fan but seeing him having almost given up just doesn’t sit right with me. He’s a great driver, multiple world champion and his heart just isn’t in it any more. I wonder how much of that is down to him being treated a pretty badly at Ferrari these past few months? There’s talk of him going to Racing Point next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he just jacked it all in looking at his body language and comments recently.
I think he’s just struggling with not being the best driver in the team, he knows he’s being released by Ferrari and it’s had an impact on his form. The car isn’t great, but he’s not getting the best out of it, there’s no way Ferrari would sabotage their position in the constructors championship.
ps this weeks Grand Prix in Barcelona is traditionally the worst of the year, let’s hope the tyres fall to pieces and it’s really hot.

BroxburnHibee
21-08-2020, 03:05 PM
New owners for Williams

https://www.gpfans.com/amp/article.php?id=55863

lord bunberry
21-08-2020, 03:53 PM
New owners for Williams

https://www.gpfans.com/amp/article.php?id=55863
It’s a bit of a shame that the last of the F1 family owned teams is gone, but Williams badly needed investment. Hopefully it will see them back where they belong.

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2020, 03:14 PM
It’s a bit of a shame that the last of the F1 family owned teams is gone, but Williams badly needed investment. Hopefully it will see them back where they belong.

From watching Drive to Survive on Netflix I didn’t really expect anything else. She seemed clueless - a bit like a female David Brent.

lord bunberry
29-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Hamilton on pole again by a large margin, he’s not my cup of tea, but he is without doubt the greatest formula one driver of all time. He’s seen off every rival he’s ever faced and he’s now reduced to making excuses for other drivers not being as quick as he is. GOAT there I said it, I I know people will disagree but I think it’s true.

RyeSloan
30-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Hamilton on pole again by a large margin, he’s not my cup of tea, but he is without doubt the greatest formula one driver of all time. He’s seen off every rival he’s ever faced and he’s now reduced to making excuses for other drivers not being as quick as he is. GOAT there I said it, I I know people will disagree but I think it’s true.

I’m inclined to agree.

I only wish that for next season before the reg changes we could see Verstappen in a Mercedes....that would be fun and help prove the point!

Jack
30-08-2020, 09:39 AM
I like Spa. One of my favourite tracks when I'm playing my racing game!

There's no doubt Hamilton is a fantastic driver; the best driver will inevitably end up in the best car, its nearly always been the case. He's 'lucky' in that Mercedes have been the top car for so long. That's a wee bit unusual. I don't see party mode being phased out making a lot of difference to them either.

As for Ferrari. I'm sure I said on here at the time last seasons spectacular success was dubious to say the least and now whatever it was that resulted in the hush hush agreement isn't available to them they're not even also rans. Still the Ferrari Mafioso still have their veto so they've not lost everything.

lord bunberry
30-08-2020, 10:23 AM
I’m inclined to agree.

I only wish that for next season before the reg changes we could see Verstappen in a Mercedes....that would be fun and help prove the point!
I think Mercedes are happy with Bottas being a solid number 2, they don’t want a repeat of the year where it was an all out war between Hamilton and Rosberg. As long as they’re winning the constructors title so easily they won’t rock the boat. Verstappen is the only driver who could challenge Hamilton right now.

lord bunberry
30-08-2020, 10:30 AM
I like Spa. One of my favourite tracks when I'm playing my racing game!

There's no doubt Hamilton is a fantastic driver; the best driver will inevitably end up in the best car, its nearly always been the case. He's 'lucky' in that Mercedes have been the top car for so long. That's a wee bit unusual. I don't see party mode being phased out making a lot of difference to them either.

As for Ferrari. I'm sure I said on here at the time last seasons spectacular success was dubious to say the least and now whatever it was that resulted in the hush hush agreement isn't available to them they're not even also rans. Still the Ferrari Mafioso still have their veto so they've not lost everything.
The Ferrari success of last year is definitely dodgy, they were almost unbeatable for a few races then went back to being pretty mediocre again. I can’t help think that if that had been another team it wouldn’t have been kept so quiet, they were obviously caught cheating.

RyeSloan
30-08-2020, 10:37 AM
I think Mercedes are happy with Bottas being a solid number 2, they don’t want a repeat of the year where it was an all out war between Hamilton and Rosberg. As long as they’re winning the constructors title so easily they won’t rock the boat. Verstappen is the only driver who could challenge Hamilton right now.

Ahh yeah don’t get me wrong there is no chance, esp. for the reasons you have stated.

I was just musing that for fans it would be a massively entertaining tussle!

To see the clearly two best drivers on the grid, with one maybe the best ever, duelling it out in one of the fastest and best F1 cars ever built would be immense.

As for Ferrari...well everyone was suspicious last year when they suddenly made such a jump in their straight line speed. Only Ferrari would have managed to keep their cheating under wraps like they have done but wow are they getting their just deserts now!

The graphic doing the rounds in terms of the grid progression in lap times is almost unbelievable...they have went backwards by 1.5 seconds!

lord bunberry
30-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Ahh yeah don’t get me wrong there is no chance, esp. for the reasons you have stated.

I was just musing that for fans it would be a massively entertaining tussle!

To see the clearly two best drivers on the grid, with one maybe the best ever, duelling it out in one of the fastest and best F1 cars ever built would be immense.

As for Ferrari...well everyone was suspicious last year when they suddenly made such a jump in their straight line speed. Only Ferrari would have managed to keep their cheating under wraps like they have done but wow are they getting their just deserts now!

The graphic doing the rounds in terms of the grid progression in lap times is almost unbelievable...they have went backwards by 1.5 seconds!
I’d love to see Max in a Mercedes as well, hopefully with the new regulations for 2022 it will see the cars closer together.
They showed a comparison on last seasons lap from Vettel and this season’s lap from Spa on a split screen and it’s miles behind compared to last year. Ferrari are the only team to be slower than last season.

lord bunberry
04-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Fantastic interview with Vettel on sky F1. He comes across as such a good guy and a winner, it’s no wonder he’s a champion.

lord bunberry
04-09-2020, 11:31 PM
On another point how much do we think Ferrari will cheat next week at Mugelo? I expect a marked improvement next week.

Jack
06-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Drama!

pontius pilate
06-09-2020, 02:08 PM
Interesting race now, god knows who will finish top 3, should make for good viewing now tho.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

ekhibee
06-09-2020, 02:30 PM
There's no doubt Hamilton is a fantastic driver, but not sure if he's the best of all time TBH. There's a hell of a lot more Grand Prix than there was, so his stats look good but it's not really a fair comparison with the likes of Ayrton Senna, or going back further Jim Clark and Jackie Stewart. IMO when Clark was racing there were a lot more top class drivers taking him on, Hamilton really only has Vettel to worry about and that's it. That's not his fault though.

lord bunberry
06-09-2020, 03:03 PM
What a great race that was, delighted for Gasly and great to see different drivers and teams on the podium.

RyeSloan
06-09-2020, 03:53 PM
Ahh that was a quality race!

Very rare mistake from Merc and some superb driving from Gasly to pace it out for the win.

Sainz was clearly gutted but some nice points for McLaren there...they could be interesting next season with a Merc engine in the back of their car.

As for Ferrari....well we keep hearing how important they are to F1 but must admit they were not missed in this race. Another abysmal performance from them.

Bangkok Hibby
06-09-2020, 04:23 PM

F1 isn't a particular favourite of mine but I tend to think of good drivers as good jockeys. Yes there is some natural skill but to be champions they need to drive/ride for top teams/trainers. Lose your job at the top and the guy who takes your place becomes champion, or is that too simplistic? Surely it doesn't matter how good a driver or a jockey you are, if you're in the best car or on the best horse you can't fail.
If Celtic get 10 in a row is Lennon GOAT?

lord bunberry
06-09-2020, 04:34 PM
F1 isn't a particular favourite of mine but I tend to think of good drivers as good jockeys. Yes there is some natural skill but to be champions they need to drive/ride for top teams/trainers. Lose your job at the top and the guy who takes your place becomes champion, or is that too simplistic? Surely it doesn't matter how good a driver or a jockey you are, if you're in the best car or on the best horse you can't fail.
If Celtic get 10 in a row is Lennon GOAT?
You have to remember that there’s two drivers in the team with the best car, Hamilton has the same car as Bottas and he always beats him. I don’t have the stats to hand, but I can only remember one occasion where he has lost out to a teammate over the course of the season. Yes Hamilton does have the best car, but the reason he has the best car is because he’s the best driver. If you put someone like Kyvat in Hamilton’s car he wouldn’t be as successful.

Bangkok Hibby
06-09-2020, 04:39 PM
You have to remember that there’s two drivers in the team with the best car, Hamilton has the same car as Bottas and he always beats him. I don’t have the stats to hand, but I can only remember one occasion where he has lost out to a teammate over the course of the season. Yes Hamilton does have the best car, but the reason he has the best car is because he’s the best driver. If you put someone like Kyvat in Hamilton’s car he wouldn’t be as successful.

In your opinion he wouldn't be so successful. As I said it's not my sport but I remain to be convinced it's any different from horse racing. By that I mean top stables turn good jockeys into champion jockeys.

lord bunberry
06-09-2020, 04:44 PM
In your opinion he wouldn't be so successful. As I said it's not my sport but I remain to be convinced it's any different from horse racing. By that I mean top stables turn good jockeys into champion jockeys.
If it was all down to the car the two teammates would finish close together and have similar lap times, that rarely happens. Hamilton finishes miles ahead of Bottas every year, Verstappen is even further ahead of Albon with the same car. The list is endless where two drivers with the same car have very different outcomes.

pontius pilate
06-09-2020, 04:46 PM
I consider hamilton up there with the very best, Schumacher, A Senna,Hunt,Clark,Piquet, Stewart, IMO he is the best British driver there has ever been, on the argument if putting anyone in the best car and they will win, as other have said since the new hybrid era LH has only lost 1 over the whole season, Gasly who just one this race in the alpha tauri was in the red bull last season, Vettel went from winning races in the best car to nothing after LH made the switch to Mercedes, I'd live to see Verstappen or le clerc or even Norris in the merc alongside LH, hopefully with the changes for next season we will see better more competitive racing

RyeSloan
06-09-2020, 06:43 PM

It’s an age old argument but the best drivers or jockeys get the best cars or horses....that’s the way it will always be.

But even when Hamilton didn’t have the best car he was still a stand out.

You could also argue that he didn’t have the best car for the last two seasons but still won...crushing his very handy team mate at the same time. The one and only time he has lost out to a team mate over a season was basically down to mechanical failures.

Then there is the longevity factor. Being the best and then staying the best are two different things.

Hamilton has also done some unbelievable things...a few of his pole laps for example have been laps that even his team didn’t believe possible. While his skills in the wet are maybe unparalleled and time and again prove that he is a cut above anyone.

Greatest of all time? Never easy to say but one of the greatest...absolutely and no amount of ‘best car’ chat will change that. A truly outstanding talent that has remained on the top of his game for year after year after year.

Northernhibee
06-09-2020, 08:04 PM
Hamilton has made that team great as he did with McLaren in his first couple of years.

Great drivers don’t just drive fast in the car they’re in, they make the entire team quicker. Greatest of all time? Don’t know. In contention? Without a shadow of a doubt. Today was one bad weekend but it was so jarring to watch it just goes to show how frighteningly consistent he is. He’s a machine.

So, so happy for Gasly today.

patch1875
09-09-2020, 07:15 PM
Perez leaving Racing Point.

Wonder who will replace him ;-)

patch1875
10-09-2020, 07:29 AM
Vettel confirmed

lord bunberry
10-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Vettel confirmed
No surprise there, I feel quite sorry for Perez.

McD
10-09-2020, 10:06 AM

There's a few seats unconformed for next year but sadly I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up on the outside looking in.

That said, I believe he brings a lot of sponsorship money wherever he drives, so that might help him out

Jack
10-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Vettel confirmed

Shame it wasn't this season and we would have found out how good he might have been at Mercedes!!!

Northernhibee
11-09-2020, 11:10 AM

I actually think that Lance Stroll has been more impressive than Perez this season and deserves to retain his seat. Vettel is a four time world champion who has been ground down by Ferrari (just like Kimi, Alonso, Massa and others) and if this move gives him his mojo back it could be an inspired signing.

lord bunberry
11-09-2020, 12:57 PM
I actually think that Lance Stroll has been more impressive than Perez this season and deserves to retain his seat. Vettel is a four time world champion who has been ground down by Ferrari (just like Kimi, Alonso, Massa and others) and if this move gives him his mojo back it could be an inspired signing.
Stroll would never have lost his seat even if he had been hopeless, but I agree he’s been pretty good this season. I also agree about Vettel and Ferrari, it just hasn’t worked for him.

marinello59
13-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Utter carnage so far in the Tuscany Grand Prix. Down to 13 cars already after less than 6 corners actually raced.

pontius pilate
13-09-2020, 01:42 PM
What's the chances of William's actually getting points today, knowing their luck they still wont get any

GlesgaeHibby
13-09-2020, 03:38 PM
What's the chances of William's actually getting points today, knowing their luck they still wont get any

You called it - poor restart cost Russell.

What a race that was today. Superb entertainment.

pontius pilate
13-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Yeah feel gutted for them, how far behind Kimi did he finish I missed the last 3 laps

lord bunberry
13-09-2020, 10:50 PM
Yeah feel gutted for them, how far behind Kimi did he finish I missed the last 3 laps

I think it about 8 seconds in the end.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2020, 06:28 AM
Everything falls right for Hamilton again.

lord bunberry
06-10-2020, 11:51 PM
Back to the Nurburgring this week, always a great race there.

lord bunberry
25-10-2020, 04:07 PM
Hamilton makes it 92 wins and overtakes Schumacher. Some achievement when you consider he’ll probably add another 20 more to the total.

McD
25-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Hamilton makes it 92 wins and overtakes Schumacher. Some achievement when you consider he’ll probably add another 20 more to the total.

when you look at this and some of his other records, that Schumacher is the only one even close to him. Wins, poles, titles (think he’ll likely break that record next season), podiums, can’t see anyone coming close to his consistency and success.

I think even more obscure records like total laps leading the race, total points scored, etc, he holds them too.

im not sure if he’ll have the appetite to aim for most races (raikkonen has just broken this), but you never know

lord bunberry
25-10-2020, 05:10 PM
when you look at this and some of his other records, that Schumacher is the only one even close to him. Wins, poles, titles (think he’ll likely break that record next season), podiums, can’t see anyone coming close to his consistency and success.

I think even more obscure records like total laps leading the race, total points scored, etc, he holds them too.

im not sure if he’ll have the appetite to aim for most races (raikkonen has just broken this), but you never know
Other than most races I think he’ll hold all the records by the time he retires. It will be a long time before anyone gets close to matching him.

CloudSquall
26-10-2020, 02:33 AM
I hope we get to see Verstappen in an equal(ish) car to Hamilton asap, Bottas is an embarrassment at times in the same car as Hamilton.

patch1875
26-10-2020, 07:26 AM
Kimi’s start was superb!

pontius pilate
26-10-2020, 07:35 AM
I thought the McLaren's had an amazing start to see them 1st and 4th for the first 6 laps was a joy to behold, stroll was a bit of a liability yesterday but all in all great battles from 3rd backwards and an enjoyable race, wouldn't mind seeing more F1 at Portugal again

Jack
26-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Kimi’s start was superb!

https://youtu.be/2ChdaNDFI30

patch1875
14-11-2020, 05:28 PM
Another crazy qualifying hopefully a wet race tomorrow!

Northernhibee
14-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Another crazy qualifying hopefully a wet race tomorrow!

Really pleased for Lance Stroll. He's not the best driver on the grid but he's miles ahead in ability of Stroll and Giovanazzi and yet is the one who gets comments from Lando Norris (who I've lost a fair bit of respect for) and Max Verstappen. A great lap from him.

patch1875
14-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Really pleased for Lance Stroll. He's not the best driver on the grid but he's miles ahead in ability of Stroll and Giovanazzi and yet is the one who gets comments from Lando Norris (who I've lost a fair bit of respect for) and Max Verstappen. A great lap from him.

Yeah he’doesnt deserve the daddy’s money tag he’s proved he’s a decent racer although he’s had a few mistakes this season.

Northernhibee
15-11-2020, 06:00 PM
Yeah he’doesnt deserve the daddy’s money tag he’s proved he’s a decent racer although he’s had a few mistakes this season.

Made a hash of it today though, audibly started to panic when the pressure was on.

Masterful from Hamilton today and hugely chuffed for Vettel.

Gatecrasher
15-11-2020, 06:09 PM
I’m not a fan of Stroll, he makes Grosjean look consistent. He is a decent driver (he has made it to F1 after all) but when he gets a seat before Perez, who is out performing him by a mile he has to expect the daddy money comments because there’s no other reason why he has a seat over Perez for next year.

patch1875
15-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Made a hash of it today though, audibly started to panic when the pressure was on.

Masterful from Hamilton today and hugely chuffed for Vettel.

Brilliant race agreed Vettel was immense faultless drive.

Hamilton is unstoppable lapping Bottas shows how good he is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Jack
15-11-2020, 07:32 PM
I’m not a fan of Stroll, he makes Grosjean look consistent. He is a decent driver (he has made it to F1 after all) but when he gets a seat before Perez, who is out performing him by a mile he has to expect the daddy money comments because there’s no other reason why he has a seat over Perez for next year.

Agreed in all ways. Particularly Grosjean ... but consistently moaning and being a really poor driver at this level.

Stroll would never have made it to F1, never mind staying there, without the Bank of Dad.

And I can't take to Norris although I think he'll be around for the long term doing a good job.

Congratulations once again and again and again ad infinitum to Lewis Hamilton.

lord bunberry
29-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Grosjean’s car seemed to explode when it hit the barrier there, I’ve not seen a car go on fire like that in a long time. Thankfully he has walked away from it.
Ive just saw it again and the car split in half.

GlesgaeHibby
29-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Miracle that he walked out of that alive. Looked utterly horrific in real time and even worse in replays.

patch1875
29-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Grosjean’s car seemed to explode when it hit the barrier there, I’ve not seen a car go on fire like that in a long time. Thankfully he has walked away from it.
Ive just saw it again and the car split in half.

Absolutely horrific how he walked away from that is unbelievable.

Amazing the safety these cars have nowadays.

Still shaking from watching it

Scouse Hibee
29-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Full credit to the medical guys who pulled him out, the worst I have seen in the modern era of F1. The car is completed in two pieces!

lord bunberry
29-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Absolutely horrific how he walked away from that is unbelievable.

Amazing the safety these cars have nowadays.

Still shaking from watching it
The replay is unbelievable, it’s a miracle that he managed to get out and vault the barrier. The doctors and marshals did a great job helping him. I’m still shaking watching all these replays as well, he was in amongst that fire for a wee while.

Jack
29-11-2020, 01:44 PM
All hail the halo!

Radium
29-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Seems to have gone through the barrier and been saved by the halo. Thankfully we can have the discussion when the driver has walked away

lord bunberry
29-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Stroll’s upside down in his car now, are we ever going to get a race today.

Northernhibee
29-11-2020, 10:13 PM
We all remember Bianchi's horrendous crash which led to the Halo, but I'm sure there are others on this thread who remember the weekend that took the lives of Senna and Ratzenberger and damn near took the life of Barrichello.

I've watched highlights and replays so many times. I can't believe that Roman Grosjean is still alive.

Hermit Crab
01-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Lewis Hamilton Covid 19 positive. Misses the weekends race.

Jack
01-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Who's likely to take his place?

Northernhibee
01-12-2020, 06:32 PM
Who's likely to take his place?

Stoeffel Vandoorne is their reserve driver.

Radium
01-12-2020, 06:37 PM
Lewis Hamilton Covid 19 positive. Misses the weekends race.

Likely to miss the last two races

Jack
02-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Williams' George Russell to race next to Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes after Lewis Hamilton contracted Covid-19; Jack Aitken to make his F1 debut at Williams; Russell has been highly-rated since F1 debut last year and is on Mercedes' books

lord bunberry
02-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Williams' George Russell to race next to Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes after Lewis Hamilton contracted Covid-19; Jack Aitken to make his F1 debut at Williams; Russell has been highly-rated since F1 debut last year and is on Mercedes' books
I’m really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Mercedes, I think he could be a top driver.

Northernhibee
02-12-2020, 02:55 PM
I’m really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Mercedes, I think he could be a top driver.

He's been lightning quick in quali for Williams. Bottas absolutely has to beat him - I suspect he will - but that would damage his credibility beyond repair IMO.

The_Exile
04-12-2020, 01:56 PM
Russell looking very quick in the first practice session. Think his fight will likely be with Verstappen on Saturday and Sunday though, Bottas is quick when the chips are down and I expect him to get pole and win the race. Tempted to stick a fiver on Russell to get both though!

Hulk1875
05-12-2020, 01:11 AM
We all remember Bianchi's horrendous crash which led to the Halo, but I'm sure there are others on this thread who remember the weekend that took the lives of Senna and Ratzenberger and damn near took the life of Barrichello.

I've watched highlights and replays so many times. I can't believe that Roman Grosjean is still alive.

Not a F1 fan but reading about the safety measures they now have saved his life, the halo only been introduced since 2018

Bangkok Hibby
06-12-2020, 05:44 PM
The current social media love in with Lewis Hamilton is massively over the top.
George Russell who before today many non F1 fans would not even had heard of has just taken Hamilton's place in the best car.
Previous best grid position 12th - today front row.
Previous best F1 finish 11th and today if it wasn't for an almighty cock up by Mercedes then a puncture he would have won this race comfortably. Gives clear evidence to my earlier assertion that the best race teams/cars and the best trainers/horses make champion drivers and jockeys.
I even saw Hamilton touted as best British "sportsman" yesterday! Nonsense. Here's a few without thinking too hard...Steve Redgrave, Daley Thompson, Andy Murray, Chris Hoy, and I'll throw in Phil Taylor for controversy 😀

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 05:57 PM
George Russell who before today many non F1 fans would not even had heard of has just taken Hamilton's place in the best car.
Previous best F1 finish 11th and today if it wasn't for an almighty cock up by Mercedes then a puncture he would have won this race comfortably. Gives clear evidence to my earlier assertion that the best race teams/cars and the best trainers/horses make champion drivers and jockeys.
I even saw Hamilton touted as best British "sportsman" yesterday! Nonsense. Here's a few without thinking too hard...Steve Redgrave, Daley Thompson, Andy Murray, Chris Hoy, and I'll throw in Phil Taylor for controversy 😀

Hamilton who took over a middle of the pack team and quickly lead them to being one of the best in history? The only man who have won a race in every season he's competed in, despite having had a couple of fairly dreadful McLarens and Mercedes cars?

George Russell is a fantastic talent. It doesn't mean that Hamilton isn't one of the greatest drivers of all time, because he blatantly is.

Radium
06-12-2020, 05:59 PM
I even saw Hamilton touted as best British "sportsman" yesterday! Nonsense. Here's a few without thinking too hard...Steve Redgrave, Daley Thompson, Andy Murray, Chris Hoy, and I'll throw in Phil Taylor for controversy [emoji3]

... real shame that you can’t see talent without trying to destroy it.

Bangkok Hibby
06-12-2020, 06:03 PM
... real shame that you can’t see talent without trying to destroy it.

Oh for goodness sake dry yer eyes. I didn't say he wasn't talented but he's far from our greatest sportsman.

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Oh for goodness sake dry yer eyes. I didn't say he wasn't talented but he's far from our greatest sportsman.

Sounds like yourself who's having a wee greet.

He's broken almost every record there is to break and has only had two teams. He's won everywhere he's at, often with not the best car on the grid. Even at the end of last season the Ferraris were faster. He's using his platform for social change, he's a fair racer, he's phenomenal.

There's no rational denial of it that he's well up there as one of our greatest sportsmen.

RyeSloan
06-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Sounds like yourself who's having a wee greet.

He's broken almost every record there is to break and has only had two teams. He's won everywhere he's at, often with not the best car on the grid. Even at the end of last season the Ferraris were faster. He's using his platform for social change, he's a fair racer, he's phenomenal.

There's no rational denial of it that he's well up there as one of our greatest sportsmen.

Absolutely. Mental that STILL people somehow diss Hamilton despite his unparalleled record.

Absolutely brilliant race today and you have to feel for George today...sure he’ll get his chance though and I’d be very tempted to put him in instead of Bottas next season.

As for the winner. Superb to see him top of the podium and surely surely he’s gonna be in a Red Bill next season.

Bangkok Hibby
06-12-2020, 06:18 PM
Fair enough didn't mean to hurt all your feelings 😢😢😢😢

The_Exile
06-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Crazy race and gutted for George, hopefully he gets another chance next weekend.

Re Hamilton, he's an inspiration, his sheer dedication to his craft from the age of around 6 years old in the face of racism and constantly being told "you can't do this" is amazing. Him and Andy Murray share similar traits of complete and utter focus on winning, certainly 2 of the greatest ever British athletes.

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Absolutely. Mental that STILL people somehow diss Hamilton despite his unparalleled record.

Absolutely brilliant race today and you have to feel for George today...sure he’ll get his chance though and I’d be very tempted to put him in instead of Bottas next season.

As for the winner. Superb to see him top of the podium and surely surely he’s gonna be in a Red Bill next season.

Yep. I always liked Hamilton and Button in the same team as they pushed each other well. Russell would learn a lot from Hamilton and would keep him very honest for those next titles. Defo the heir to the Hamilton seat though as those overtakes showed he's got what it takes to be a top, top driver.

Nobody can be unhappy about Sergio Perez winning today. Amazed that Stroll Sr. can show his face at the podium ceremony seeing as how he's not given him a drive for next season.

Radium
06-12-2020, 07:09 PM

You have decided to trash someone attributing their all time record performance in a sport littered with greats to their equipment so take the criticism and jog on.

McD
06-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Yep. I always liked Hamilton and Button in the same team as they pushed each other well. Russell would learn a lot from Hamilton and would keep him very honest for those next titles. Defo the heir to the Hamilton seat though as those overtakes showed he's got what it takes to be a top, top driver.

Nobody can be unhappy about Sergio Perez winning today. Amazed that Stroll Sr. can show his face at the podium ceremony seeing as how he's not given him a drive for next season.

I think bottas has a contract for next year with Mercedes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if toto moves him on and brings Russell in. To step into a strange car with different characteristics, and thoroughly outshine a more experienced teammate who should have really dominated the weekend is a great achievement, and all done with a calmness and aplomb. Could be looking at the next cracking British racing driver

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 07:44 PM
I think bottas has a contract for next year with Mercedes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if toto moves him on and brings Russell in. To step into a strange car with different characteristics, and thoroughly outshine a more experienced teammate who should have really dominated the weekend is a great achievement, and all done with a calmness and aplomb. Could be looking at the next cracking British racing driver

What was telling that after quali yesterday he had to ask his engineer which one of the buttons he needed to press to turn the engine off.

Bottas had to comfortably beat Russell today without a shadow of a doubt. To be overtaken by him twice and to not be able to catch him is a bad showing.

Alex Albon has now had more than enough chances as well, Perez has to take that seat.

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 07:48 PM
Tell you what, here's a question for those who don't rate Hamilton as being a great driver.

Taking into context that if they wanted a likeable character who would give good PR and media relations they could get someone much cheaper like Ricciardo or Lando Norris, if they wanted a previous champion they could get someone like Vettel for cheaper, if Lewis Hamilton wasn't a great driver then why have they kept him on such a massive salary year on year?

Bangkok Hibby
06-12-2020, 08:08 PM
You have decided to trash someone attributing their all time record performance in a sport littered with greats to their equipment so take the criticism and jog on.

Over the top mate, trash someone...no. Anyway I'll rev up and **** off now and leave you to your love in.

Radium
06-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Over the top mate, trash someone...no. Anyway I'll rev up and **** off now and leave you to your love in.

You came onto an F1 thread to trash Hamilton. Start a thread on greatest sportsmen if you want the debate, just remember that there have been some incredible women who have risen to the pinnacle of their sport over the years.

Northernhibee
06-12-2020, 08:32 PM

Do feel free to answer my previous question though - if what you're saying is true, then why have Mercedes continued to spend so much money on bringing him to the team then keeping him for so many years? If it's down to the machinery then they could get cheaper, if it's down to PR and media then they could get someone like Ricciardo?

Jack
09-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Just a reminder that its Sebastian Vettels last race for Ferrari this weekend. Looking back I think he lost the will when he slid off the track when winning the German GP. It was a season of blunders.

Its a shame he's leaving after such a dreadful season. Over the past few years he's given us a lot to talk about.

What's your favourite?

I still have a wee chuckle at his spat with Hamilton where he quite deliberately side swiped him ... and who can forget when he when he swapped the 1st and 2nd boards over after another "lucky" Hamilton win.

Northernhibee
09-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Mazepin. What a ****ing idiot and what a sleazebag creep. Guaranteed his wealth will see him keep his seat though.

Andy74
10-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Mazepin. What a ****ing idiot and what a sleazebag creep. Guaranteed his wealth will see him keep his seat though.

The woman in the video is a friend and it was a joke. The woman posted the video. Daft all round but doesn’t make him a sleazeball or a creep.

Northernhibee
15-12-2020, 10:41 AM
So,

Driver of the year:
Team of the year:
Race of the year:
Moment of the year:
Drive of the year:

Northernhibee
15-12-2020, 10:42 AM
So,

Driver of the year:
Team of the year:
Race of the year:
Moment of the year:
Drive of the year:
Hamilton
McLaren (third in the constructors after the few years they’ve had is phenomenal. Barely put a foot wrong)
Turkey
Hamilton equals Schumacher’s seven titles and breaks more records
Sainz at Monza

Gatecrasher
15-12-2020, 04:49 PM
So,

Driver of the year: Hamilton but special mention for Perez and Ricciardo
Team of the year:McLaren
Race of the year:Monza
Moment of the year: Last lap Lando https://youtu.be/np8TpBjKziQ
Drive of the year: Gasly at Monza

:agree:

lord bunberry
18-12-2020, 06:32 AM
So,

Driver of the year:
Team of the year:
Race of the year:
Moment of the year:
Drive of the year:
Hamilton
McLaren
Monza
Gasly winning in Italy
Perez in Bahrain

Northernhibee
21-12-2020, 07:54 AM
Rumours that Mazepin is being dropped for Fittipaldi.

Jack
21-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Rule changes for 2021 explained.

https://youtu.be/iAw-wYl1fXU

Jack
21-12-2020, 08:03 AM
The news we all expected to hear - apart from Albon!

Alexander Albon hurt at being replaced by Sergio Perez at Red Bull

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55388204

That has the potential to be a very exciting line up.

SteveHFC
21-12-2020, 03:24 PM
The line up for next year looks great.

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2020, 09:16 AM
A knighthood for Hamilton.

Jack
06-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Plans for Formula 1 race track at Musselburgh Lagoons revealed

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/18991509.plans-formula-1-race-track-musselburgh-lagoons-revealed/

Probably never happen. I remember Jackie Stewart backed a plan for a F1 track near the airport was on and off for years. If JS couldn't make it happen I doubt anyone can!

Hibby70
06-01-2021, 10:23 PM

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/18991509.plans-formula-1-race-track-musselburgh-lagoons-revealed/

Probably never happen. I remember Jackie Stewart backed a plan for a F1 track near the airport was on and off for years. If JS couldn't make it happen I doubt anyone can!

It's taken 20 years (and counting) to get a greyhound stadium in Wallyford, I think we'll be flying cars by the time a F1 track hits the lagoons. Wipeout Musselburgh edition

McSwanky
06-01-2021, 10:48 PM

Probably never happen. I remember Jackie Stewart backed a plan for a F1 track near the airport was on and off for years. If JS couldn't make it happen I doubt anyone can!It's Bob Jamieson. Remember him? Tried to buy the tramps out of admin. File under 'loony' and move on!

Jack
07-01-2021, 06:22 AM
It's Bob Jamieson. Remember him? Tried to buy the tramps out of admin. File under 'loony' and move on!

Thought I recognised the name. More a Fantasy one than Formula 1 then.

Northernhibee
09-01-2021, 10:18 AM
What predictions do we all have for the 2021 season?

I'll start off - Ocon to outscore Alonso.