PDA

View Full Version : Are we all getting a bit edgy............

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 06:18 PM
I know i am and it shows in the manner of my posting. Tomorrow is huge...give them a doing and watch the support grow. I hate being so far from ER and having to rely on Sh*t BBC updates and teletext. Think i might come home !!!

Give a good performance and more will turn out........play sh*t, get beat, and lose, and more than any club in Scotland (i am guessing) our attendances drop substantially.

Huge opening game for us and will let the support see Heck's intentions a bit clearer.

02-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Nope, not getting edgy about a home game v St Mirren.

Since452
02-08-2019, 06:34 PM
No we'll pump them

Pretty Boy
02-08-2019, 06:34 PM
I'm quite excited rather than edgy.

It would be good to start with a win and I expect us to do so.

HibbyAndy
02-08-2019, 06:37 PM
I want a good performance and a convincing win not a ****ty brutal performance as i believe st.mirren will be the worst team in the league

Start as you mean to go on

BILLYHIBS
It will be cool

Home win

Not sure about Ibrox though we will have to be at our best

Hope the new boys can handle a 50000 plus crowd and a “minority” hurling sectarian abuse at them

weecounty hibby
I'm quite excited rather than edgy.

It would be good to start with a win and I expect us to do so.
Me too. Can't wait to see the team and see how we have hopefully improved from last year

Jack Hackett
02-08-2019, 06:45 PM
At the moment, no.

Ask me again 10 games in

matty_f
02-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Not edgy at all. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow.

We’re a good team with a good manager. There’s a lot to look forward to.

B.H.F.C
02-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Not edgy at all but think it’s really important we make a positive start to the season this year.

bingo70
02-08-2019, 07:16 PM
I’m edgy and looking forward to it.

I think this season could go either way, tomorrow will give us a bit of an indication what way it’ll go.

I don’t think it’s overly negative to admit there’s an element of the unknown ahead, the unknown brings an edginess IMO.

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 07:28 PM
I’m edgy and looking forward to it.

I think this season could go either way, tomorrow will give us a bit of an indication what way it’ll go.

I don’t think it’s overly negative to admit there’s an element of the unknown ahead, the unknown brings an edginess IMO.

Listening on the radio makes me beyond edgy....Commentators don't follow the game but have little social convo's amongst themselves until a goal or an incident occurs. at which point they abdicate responsibility and ask the touchside guy to tell them what happened. money for nothing these guys get.

could go either way bingo.... good resounding thumping of them would boost the teams confidence no end...but Ipox will be totally alien to the new signings and it's whether they have the strength of character to deal. Was manna from heaven for a previous lower league guy.... Sproule perhaps :not worth

bingo70
02-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Listening on the radio makes me beyond edgy....Commentators don't follow the game but have little social convo's amongst themselves until a goal or an incident occurs. at which point they abdicate responsibility and ask the touchside guy to tell them what happened. money for nothing these guys get.

could go either way bingo.... good resounding thumping of them would boost the teams confidence no end...but Ipox will be totally alien to the new signings and it's whether they have the strength of character to deal. Was manna from heaven for a previous lower league guy.... Sproule perhaps :not worth

Despite our excellent record there I’ll always expect us to lose at Ibrox so I’m not sure that game will tell us much, home to St Mirren is a game I’ll always expect us to win though.

Struggle tomorrow and I’ll be a bit worried.

That doesn’t mean I’d be writing the team off by the way, just means a few alarm bells may start to ring.

FWIW I think we’ll win 2 nil

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2019, 07:44 PM
I want a good performance and a convincing win not a ****ty brutal performance as i believe st.mirren will be the worst team in the league

Start as you mean to go onST mIrren have been brutal pre season but made a few decent signings this week...wont be as easy as some think 2moro I dont think...but hopefully a good strong start to the season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bingo70
02-08-2019, 07:46 PM
ST mIrren have been brutal pre season but made a few decent signings this week...wont be as easy as some think 2moro I dont think...but hopefully a good strong start to the season

If we’re not comfortable tomorrow what games will we win comfortably?

If St Mirren at home is a tough slog then I’ll fear the worst.

BoomtownHibees
02-08-2019, 08:05 PM
ST mIrren have been brutal pre season but made a few decent signings this week...wont be as easy as some think 2moro I dont think...but hopefully a good strong start to the season

What decent signings have they made?

Onion
02-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Going to be a long hard season for any Hibs supporter who's sweating ahead of tomorrow's game. Pre-season has been ok, St M are a shambles and we have Hecky at the Wheel.

And .... breathe.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2019, 08:24 PM
What decent signings have they made?The winger from the Austrian team looks decent and defender on loan from Hull City...not sure if any of them can play 2moro.

Not suggesting I'm not confident for 2moro and if we turn up am sure we will get the 3 pts.

jellybean
02-08-2019, 08:29 PM
I'm really excited and looking forward to it. Have driven the 5 hours to watch them play, and getting into hospitality for my birthday present.😎

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2019, 08:31 PM
Darlington hibs supporters club, all two of us, booked on the train 🚉

jacomo
02-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Not edgy at all but think it’s really important we make a positive start to the season this year.

I think you’re right because there’s folk queuing up to put the boot in.

Big turnover in the squad, lots of players new to Scottish football, let’s just chill the f*** out and give them some time.

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Big turnover in the squad, lots of players new to Scottish football, let’s just chill the f*** out and give them some time.
Far too sensible...

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 09:05 PM

Get the rest of the Quakers involved... is Hogans out by the station still on the go ?....that was like the bar scene from star wars, Scary people

B.H.F.C
02-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Your first sentence is why I think it’s important to get off to a good start. I don’t think it’ll take much for people to turn on Heckingbottom. He still needs to convince a lot of people.

On the flip side, if we can get some momentum early doors I think we can do well. Pretty confident that we can put a good 11 on the pitch but we’ll need to be lucky with injuries based on the current squad.

bingo70
02-08-2019, 09:12 PM

Can you not be edgy about tomorrow and give the players time?

Bring edgy isn’t the same as writing them off.

Zazu62
02-08-2019, 09:13 PM
We’ve zero pace in the team, we need to sign a winger

Dobosz83
02-08-2019, 09:16 PM
I’m buzzing after a pre season of being a right negative twat.

I’ve missed all the games due to holidays and other commitments, so the first home game tomorrow has me exited. First game of the season always does this to me, no matter how the season before finished.

Roll on tomorrow!

GGTTH

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:18 PM
I know i am and it shows in the manner of my posting. Tomorrow is huge...give them a doing and watch the support grow. I hate being so far from ER and having to rely on Sh*t BBC updates and teletext. Think i might come home !!!

Give a good performance and more will turn out........play sh*t, get beat, and lose, and more than any club in Scotland (i am guessing) our attendances drop substantially.

Huge opening game for us and will let the support see Heck's intentions a bit clearer.

Can I please ask a question of you?

Is your username in honour of the wonderful Eddie Turnbull?

If so, you have spelt it wrong.

If it isn’t, I applaud your wordplay.

bingo70
02-08-2019, 09:20 PM

That’s my fear too.

Pace terrifies defences and we don’t seem to have any of it.

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Get the rest of the Quakers involved... is Hogans out by the station still on the go ?....that was like the bar scene from star wars, Scary people

That made me laugh 😂

We meet at hogan's, before the train.

Absolutely dead now and up for sale.

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:22 PM

I don’t agree.

We have a good to middling midfield, our defence, without being startling is solid enough and with two strikers starting against St. Mirren we will be fine.

What do you mean by ‘zero pace’?

Smartie
02-08-2019, 09:24 PM
That’s my fear too.

Pace terrifies defences and we don’t seem to have any of it.

Horgan is quick. Flo is quick enough. Murray looks to be pretty quick. Allan has a lovely wee burst of pace on him.

I agree that we could do with a wee bit more pace but it's not right to say we don't have any of it.

bingo70
02-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Horgan is quick. Flo is quick enough. Murray looks to be pretty quick. Allan has a lovely wee burst of pace on him.

I agree that we could do with a wee bit more pace but it's not right to say we don't have any of it.

I just don’t think we have a Boyle, barker or a sproule that’ll knock it by a full back to get behind him.

I worry all our football will be played in front of their defence.

B.H.F.C
02-08-2019, 09:29 PM
I just don’t think we have a Boyle, barker or a sproule that’ll knock it by a full back to get behind him.

Don’t think pace is overly important tomorrow. They’ll sit in that much that, inevitably, we’ll play in front of them. More of a game for the likes of Allan and Mallan to create.

jacomo
02-08-2019, 09:30 PM
Can you not be edgy about tomorrow and give the players time?

Bring edgy isn’t the same as writing them off.

True but it seems there’s too many just waiting to put the boot in.

We have a new owner, his credentials seem to check out and so far he has said all the right things.

I think we will do well tomorrow, but if we lose it’s a disappointment not a huge game in the grand scheme of things.

02-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Enjoy your day chairman (or is it vice-chairman?)

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Good post.

We are not abundant in pace, but are in no way shy of it.

Smartie
02-08-2019, 09:33 PM

It's a fair point, and it is the first thing I'd be looking to add.

I think we've had teams in the past that have been more deficient pace wise than this one, and I felt that we carried a decent threat in behind the Arbroath defence through cleverness of movement (the last game I was at).

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:33 PM
True but it seems there’s too many just waiting to put the boot in.

We have a new owner, his credentials seem to check out and so far he has said all the right things.

I think we will do well tomorrow, but if we lose it’s a disappointment not a huge game in the grand scheme of things.

Point is, too many want to put the boot into Hecky.

Ffs , give the bloke even six months, then start it, if one must.

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Enjoy your day chairman (or is it vice-chairman?)

Fans rep 😂

DTS
02-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Excited for the season to start not edgy at all. Fully expect us to win and win comfortably

SquashedFrogg
02-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Not edgy at all. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow.

We’re a good team with a good manager. There’s a lot to look forward to.

Exactly where I am tonight. Start of another new adventure.

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Excited for the season to start not edgy at all. Fully expect us to win and win comfortably

As posted on the predictions thread, I think it’ll be a draw tomorrow.

1-1 or I’ll eat my hat!

Hope I’m eating felt for my ‘tea’ the morns night! :greengrin

bingo70
02-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Don’t think pace is overly important tomorrow. They’ll sit in that much that, inevitably, we’ll play in front of them. More of a game for the likes of Allan and Mallan to create.

I know what you mean but I disagree.

There’s been plenty games that have been tight and against defences that sit deep we’ve been struggling to break down, it’s taken a pass in behind a defence where there’s not a lot of space to the likes of Boyle to get them turned.

I’m turning more negative than I meant to be as I am quite confident about tomorrow, I do think we need someone with real pace though.

The players mentioned earlier on this thread aren’t slow but they’re not game changing quick.

Here’s Lucy!
02-08-2019, 09:50 PM
The Babycham is kicking in, we’re doing this!

:flag:

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 10:05 PM
I’m buzzing after a pre season of being a right negative twat.

I’ve missed all the games due to holidays and other commitments, so the first home game tomorrow has me exited. First game of the season always does this to me, no matter how the season before finished.

Roll on tomorrow!

GGTTH

week in week out we took our spot in the East, ... right opposite the "tunnel". My joy at watching the team emerge has never diminished , totally deluded and irrational love affair as they always cheated on me :boo hoo:

BILLYHIBS
02-08-2019, 10:07 PM
The Babycham is kicking in, we’re doing this!

HIBS win tomorrow

hibsbollah
02-08-2019, 10:08 PM
I'm not really bothered. Since the Liverpool Napoli friendly I've just lost all interest in watching Hibs.

02-08-2019, 10:15 PM
St Mirren will be scrapping in the relegation fight with Hamilton this season I reckon. Poor side so great opportunity for us to kick off the season with a win.

However, we have no devine right to simply show up against anyone and win. We have hardly had the most convincing of pre-seasons, some of the performances haven't been up to much and a lot of chopping and changing to the team.

Hopefully though the team are raring to go and we get the business done :aok:

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Can I please ask a question of you?

Is your username in honour of the wonderful Eddie Turnbull?

If so, you have spelt it wrong.

If it isn’t, I applaud your wordplay.

] in honour of Eddie and i asked the admins to correct it for me...fell on deaf ears i guess. Eddie was a customer of mine and a true gentleman away from football...very respectful and appreciative of any praise that came his way .

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 10:22 PM

No pressure then? Who are we playing Barcelona?

02-08-2019, 10:24 PM
St Mirren will be scrapping in the relegation fight with Hamilton this season I reckon. Poor side so great opportunity for us to kick off the season with a win.

However, we have no devine right to simply show up against anyone and win. We have hardly had the most convincing of pre-seasons, some of the performances haven't been up to much and a lot of chopping and changing to the team.

Hopefully though the team are raring to go and we get the business done :aok:

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 10:25 PM
I'm not really bothered. Since the Liverpool Napoli friendly I've just lost all interest in watching Hibs.

Me too. I long to watch a toothless team being ripped apart by latin magicians in front of a full 67,000 capacity library.

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Point is, too many want to put the boot into Hecky.

Ffs , give the bloke even six months, then start it, if one must.

Just remember PH rescued us last season from what was looking to see us falling into the relegation zone directed by the "greatesr" Hibs manager of all time.

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 10:34 PM
No pressure then? Who are we playing Barcelona?

nah Johnny come lately... try to keep up and just don't pop in with feeble digs when it suits your agenda, i asked a perfectly valid question ok ?

green day
02-08-2019, 10:44 PM

You talk some crap.

We can get rammed in every game and we have nearly 13000 st holders.......so, no I don't see Hibs support dropping "more than any club in Scotland".

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 10:54 PM
You talk some crap.

We can get rammed in every game and we have nearly 13000 st holders.......so, no I don't see Hibs support dropping "more than any club in Scotland".

i talk crap? let me remind you that you accused me of arguing with everyone..when in fact all i had done was contend a post in a rational manner...but hey if i talk crap then so be it.....at least i do not target other posters to gratify my need for self importance.....

matty_f
02-08-2019, 11:01 PM

:faf:

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 11:08 PM

so not bothered that you are still here sticking your large beak in ?? i say BOLT now

:faf:

he's not hibs , don't encourage IT

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Should've settled for SSN in Hogan's. 😃

Hermit Crab
02-08-2019, 11:13 PM

I hope the pies have improved since last season.

DarlingtonHibee
02-08-2019, 11:18 PM
Should've settled for SSN in Hogan's. 😃

Lol, hogan's 9.30,train 11am.

Can't wait to be back at Easter Road.

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 11:19 PM
I hope the pies have improved since last season.

That says everything about you thread wrecker...sober up

green day
02-08-2019, 11:20 PM
i talk crap? let me remind you that you accused me of arguing with everyone..when in fact all i had done was contend a post in a rational manner...but hey if i talk crap then so be it.....at least i do not target other posters to gratify my need for self importance.....

I don't even understand what "gratifying my need for self importance" is, but you were still talking crap about our support.

And I don't believe for one nanosecond that a "Hibs fan" in his 60s would mis-spell Eddie Turnbull's name.

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 11:31 PM
I don't even understand what "gratifying my need for self importance" is, but you were still talking crap about our support.

And I don't believe for one nanosecond that a "Hibs fan" in his 60s would mis-spell Eddie Turnbull's name.

Easy done and i asked the admin to rectify it. You want my Hibby credentials ?. That is if you can understand plain simple English. Meanwhile i refer you to the "id" and the "ego" given that you cannot grasp "gratifying my need for self importance" may we leave it at that and talk Hibernian ??

ahibby
03-08-2019, 12:07 AM
To put fans at ease PH going to sign new plaer. His name is Danny Blowett.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Not edgy I think we will win, but I don't think it will be a walkover by any means. From what I've seen of the team against Arbroath, Newcastle and the televised Elgin game I've seen no evidence that we are capable of blowing anybody away and I would agree with folk saying another striker wouldn't go amiss.

What I still haven't got a clue about is what Hecky sees as our strongest first eleven … I presume he has a fair idea, but if he is trying not to show his hand he's been doing a really good job of it. If nothing else we need to pick up more points at home than we did last season and if we are to do that 3 points against the likes of St Mirren at Easter Road are imperative.

For me this is our first real test of the season, we have played a number of games we were expected to win and one we certainly weren't, none of those games gave a real clue as to how we will get on in the league … In view of that today we have to play our best eleven and they have to hit the ground running, because if we don't win folk really will start to get edgy.

SRHibs
03-08-2019, 12:38 AM
so not bothered that you are still here sticking your large beak in ?? i say BOLT now

he's not hibs , don't encourage IT

He's referencing another thread - not being serious.

SRHibs
03-08-2019, 12:39 AM

He is Hibs through and through, I can tell you that for a fact.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 01:31 AM

Sober up? Aye good one :faf:

Hibernia&Alba
03-08-2019, 01:34 AM
Nope, not getting edgy about a home game v St Mirren.
:agree:

I'm excited the new season is here at last, but not nervous about this. We have a very good opportunity to make positive start with this fixture. We should win comfortably.

FilipinoHibs
03-08-2019, 05:24 AM

I am in my sixties and even I can spell it.

Arch Stanton
03-08-2019, 09:36 AM

Since he doesn't listen to Cliff he isn't exactly Uber.

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Can we arrange punctuation classes for some posters please? Thank you.

Keith_M
03-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Some people really DO talk a load of balls.

My_Wife_Camille
03-08-2019, 09:46 AM
The day I feel nervous or edgy about a home game against St Mirren is the day I give up.

Comfortable home win today by three clear goals

Arch Stanton
03-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Can we arrange punctuation classes for some posters please? Thank you.

Should that be after or before the grammar lessons for footie commentators?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-08-2019, 09:55 AM
6v0 Hibs.

Heisenberg
03-08-2019, 09:58 AM
The day I feel nervous or edgy about a home game against St Mirren is the day I give up.

Comfortable home win today by three clear goals

Absolutely this. Although we had folk getting worried before home games against Alloa and Arbroath so anything is possible nowadays.

2-0 Hibernian.

Groathillgrump
03-08-2019, 10:03 AM
] in honour of Eddie and i asked the admins to correct it for me...fell on deaf ears i guess. Eddie was a customer of mine and a true gentleman away from football...very respectful and appreciative of any praise that came his way .

I'm not an admin but I sent you a PM yesterday explaining how to change your user name. It's very easy.

Back on subject, very relaxed about today and I think we'll win comfortably by two or three goals.

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Should that be after or before the grammar lessons for footie commentators?It's going to be a busy schedule.

Bob Box Fish
03-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Excited for the new season looking forward to seeing how Fraser Murray, Josh Vela and Porteous progress this year.

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 10:41 AM
The only thing I'm edgy about this afternoon is the turnstiles working.

We have enough quality to see off a St Mirren team that has started the season poorly.

Turnbullsmate
03-08-2019, 10:42 AM

Correct

I am in my sixties and even I can spell it.

I can spell "it" too

Since he doesn't listen to Cliff he isn't exactly Uber.

Wtf is "uber" anyway ?

Saw what you did there

I'm not an admin but I sent you a PM yesterday explaining how to change your user name. It's very easy.

Back on subject, very relaxed about today and I think we'll win comfortably by two or three goals.

thanks Groat...only just checked pm's, think i'm sorted now

Here’s Lucy!
03-08-2019, 11:29 AM

:top marks

Well played!

Here’s Lucy!
03-08-2019, 11:31 AM

How does a comment about pies make him a ‘thread wrecker’?

Serious question, btw. :aok:

Forza Fred
03-08-2019, 11:34 AM
I’m relaxed and blocking out all the noise.

Looking forward to our midnight kick off on Hibs TV.

green day
03-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Cool.

Maybe needs to take a chill pill as he is in danger of alienating a lot of people by his argumentative style?

Greenio
03-08-2019, 11:51 AM
came for the hibs chat, left cos of the eejits !

Turnbullsmate
03-08-2019, 12:08 PM
How does a comment about pies make him a ‘thread wrecker’?

Serious question, btw. :aok:

maybe i am missing something but i fail to see how his/her response was pertinent.

Cool.

Maybe needs to take a chill pill as he is in danger of alienating a lot of people by his argumentative style?

Maybe if you chilled and did not jump on and misinterpret my post then i would be less combative. IF you read my OP i did say I was guessing about the support dropping off.... i did not state it as fact.

However i am man enough to apologise if i offended you in any way, that is not my intention

Enjoy today everyone.

iwasthere1972
03-08-2019, 12:32 PM

I can guarantee you 100 per cent that he is a Hibs fan through and through.

Salisbury Hibby
03-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Should be an easy win. A few drinks Behind the Goals, pump St Mirren and the day will be complete.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

green day
03-08-2019, 12:38 PM
I can guarantee you 100 per cent that he is a Hibs fan through and through.

You havent read the whole thread, another one of his pals confirmed this already :aok:

But, to get back on topic - no, I am not edgy in the slightest about St Mirren.

Comfortable 3 points............or pitchforks for Hecky

iwasthere1972
03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
You havent read the whole thread, another one of his pals confirmed this already :aok:

But, to get back on topic - no, I am not edgy in the slightest about St Mirren.

Comfortable 3 points............or pitchforks for Hecky

Well it should be an easy three points. Fingers crossed. :aok: