PDA

View Full Version : Spare ticket for rangers

Navids Numpties
02-08-2019, 02:49 PM
If anyone has one or heard of any please let me know. Been in work and missed it absolutely shambolic from hibs announcing tickets going on sale 2 hours before they actually go for sale.

penihibs
02-08-2019, 04:53 PM
I'll take 2 if any kind fellow Hibees can't make it.

Carheenlea
02-08-2019, 05:15 PM
If anyone has one or heard of any please let me know. Been in work and missed it absolutely shambolic from hibs announcing tickets going on sale 2 hours before they actually go for sale.

To be fair to the club, the wait till confirmation of date change after Rangers Euro tie last night left quite a short window to deal with ticket deliveries, and while the two hour notification might have caught a few out, most who were keenly keeping an eye on it wouldn’t have seen it as a huge surprise to have the Friday noon sale. Their hands were a bit tied and given the demand of recent years for some away fixtures a lot of fans are left disappointed when they miss out. Been there myself in a couple of occasions.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2019, 05:29 PM

Its only shambolic because you were working when the tickets went on sale.

MSK
02-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Its only shambolic because you were working when the tickets went on sale.Or how about highlighting the last part of his post with regards 2 hours notice ? I have no access to my mobile phone or internet at work so that 2 hours would have ****ed me too.

Or was there other information published about the Ibrox tickets ?

NikGunnarsson
02-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Will take one if going[emoji106]

Can't believe it was announced 5 mins before they went on sale! Bit late for fans to have a fair chance, was working like most folk I suspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
02-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Will take one if going[emoji106]

Can't believe it was announced 5 mins before they went on sale! Bit late for fans to have a fair chance, was working like most folk I suspect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thats not true. It was several hours before they went on sale.

hibbysam
02-08-2019, 11:30 PM

It was 2 hours. Still not great. My issue is that Hibs knew that tickets would be going on sale on Friday regardless of the Rangers European result. The only thing we didn’t know was what day the game was.

The club could’ve announced on Monday for example that tickets would go on sale on Friday at 12pm, with an announcement made on Friday morning with exact details of the match. There wasn’t even a peep until 10am. At least then folks can make arrangements to organise a window from work to try and get tickets, arrange cash from those they’d be going with etc.

My original thought when I heard it was that it was a convenient ploy from hibs to lower the traffic through the eticketing website, although that seems rather cynical.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Obviously not five minutes but two hours' notice is pretty poor for such a high profile match to be honest.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Seen something on Facebook earlier. Someone trying to sell 4 for £75 each :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
03-08-2019, 01:36 AM
Two hours notice just isn't good enough, regardless of the Sevco situation.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 03:57 AM
Two hours notice just isn't good enough, regardless of the Sevco situation.

I agree there should have been better communication from the club for a poster to say it was only 5 minutes notice of them going on sale is just making things up

EI255
03-08-2019, 04:36 AM
I hate rangers.

I actually lothe that institution.

So, charity can do one here

It's red white and blue. Kill them

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

FRes Hibbie
03-08-2019, 05:24 AM
2 hours notice is absolutely ridiculous - they must have been aware earlier than that. Even if we were planning on waiting for the huns’ Europe result there should have been an announcement earlier to let people know why we were waiting and that there might be a short notice sale.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket so I’m not saying that out of sour grapes either.

we are hibs
03-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Regardless of whether the game was saturday or sunday there was nothing stopping hibs saying earlier in the week when the tickets where going on sale. 2 hours notice is amatuer hour stuff yet again.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 07:44 AM
I agree there should have been better communication from the club for a poster to say it was only 5 minutes notice of them going on sale is just making things up

And you said several hours so you just made stuff up as well, 2 hours is not several

BoomtownHibees
03-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Could the tickets not have went on sale earlier in the week regardless of when the game was going to be and it would be up to the buyer whether to do so, not knowing when the game would actually be?

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 08:25 AM
And you said several hours so you just made stuff up as well, 2 hours is not several

Several is more than one and a lot more than 5 minutes...:confused:

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Several is more than one and a lot more than 5 minutes...:confused:

Several hours is clearly not just an hour or just a bit more than an hour, they did not give several hours notice, they gave 2, but sure why you are trying to defend the club on this

BoomtownHibees
03-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Several hours is clearly not just an hour or just a bit more than an hour, they did not give several hours notice, they gave 2, but sure why you are trying to defend the club on this

Folk argue about some crazy **** on here

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 08:47 AM

If you'd read the thread and my posts then you'd see that wasn't the case.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 08:49 AM
If you'd read the thread and my posts then you'd see that wasn't the case.

So you dont think now it was shambolic they only gave 2 hours notice when a lot of people would have been at work etc and possibly unable to get access to a computer or phone to book tickets?

Jumbo
03-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Someone posted earlier in week that away season ticket holders were being debited for ticket on Friday, so Club could’ve announced sales at same time

Hermit Crab
03-08-2019, 08:55 AM

So you dont think now it was shambolic they only gave 2 hours notice when a lot of people would have been at work etc and possibly unable to get access to a computer or phone to book tickets?

See above.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 08:59 AM
See above.

So again why bother saying it wasnt shambolic and that they gave several hours notice when you clearly dont think that?

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Seen something on Facebook earlier. Someone trying to sell 4 for £75 each :confused:Hibs should buy them and take the client ref of each ticket.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
03-08-2019, 09:07 AM
I was at work yesterday, logged into DotNet on my lunch break (I really can't monitor social media at work), found out that tickets were on sale...and already sold out.

I'd imagine a lot of people were in the same boat.

Poor show from Hibs.

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Why are Hibs getting the blame for this?

Why couldn't Sevco or the SPFL simply arrange the game for Sunday afternoon and give the fans of both teams proper notice?

Carheenlea
03-08-2019, 01:46 PM
I think it’s fair to suggest that Hibs could have announced the Friday noon sale a day or two in advance. Had Rangers been knocked out the game would have been Saturday giving less time to distribute the tickets, so the Friday was the obvious choice all along.

Nod HFC
03-08-2019, 05:46 PM
If anyone’s got one spare that would be great 👍🏼

Sir David Gray
03-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Why are Hibs getting the blame for this?

Why couldn't Sevco or the SPFL simply arrange the game for Sunday afternoon and give the fans of both teams proper notice?

Whether the match was going to be on the Saturday or the Sunday is irrelevant to when Hibs decide to put tickets on sale.

There is no reason why Hibs couldn't have announced on Wednesday that they would be going on sale at 12pm yesterday.

Giving people 2 hours' notice is poor.

elevengoats
03-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Ok, so I just discovered tickets were released for sale and have been sold out of course. Wtf is this nonsense, why can’t they let fans know well in advance.

elevengoats
03-08-2019, 07:26 PM
But yeah - if anyone can’t make the game for some reason - I would definitely fancy a ticket. :)

Nod HFC
03-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Also looking for 2 seats on a bus