PDA

View Full Version : Where have the 900 gone?

Real Emerald
01-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.

monktonharp
01-08-2019, 11:11 PM
brexit

Real Emerald
01-08-2019, 11:12 PM
brexit

I knew it 😡

B.H.F.C
01-08-2019, 11:12 PM
The really cheap tickets not being available in the famous five will account for some of the shortfall. As we know, people bought them for other reasons, with no real intention of using them from week to week.

Other than that, last season was the first one that didn’t really end with any real excitement or achievement for a few years so maybe just a lack of enthusiasm for some.

Real Emerald
01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
The really cheap tickets not being available in the famous five will account for some of the shortfall. As we know, people bought them for other reasons, with no real intention of using them from week to week.

Other than that, last season was the first one that didn’t really end with any real excitement or achievement for a few years so maybe just a lack of enthusiasm for some.

Did you renew though, I’d like to hear from folk that haven’t renewed and why? It’s a lot of folk.

CMurdoch
01-08-2019, 11:25 PM
Some of the post 2016 euphoria is wearing off.
3rd season in the top league, normal service resumed.
Last season was tough after the rip roaring final half season of the McGinn etc team.
Normal service is not what some folks are attracted to.
Who knows?

We used to have a hardcore of 8,000.
It would be good to think we now have a hardcore of 10,500 who will buy season tickets every season.
12,500 season tickets might be our new average for season ticket sales for the next few seasons with average crowds of 16,000.
Not to be sniffed at.

Real Emerald
01-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Agree it’s a good number but would still like to hear reasons apart from work or finances why 900 people didn’t renew. We can all make usurpations of course 👍

B.H.F.C
01-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Did you renew though, I’d like to hear from folk that haven’t renewed and why? It’s a lot of folk.

I did aye. I actually thought there was a chance of a bigger drop though.

The high average attendance (seats sold) last year wasn’t reflective of the number of people actually turning up week in, week out. There were a lot of empty seats.

Real Emerald
01-08-2019, 11:32 PM
I did aye. I actually thought there was a chance of a bigger drop though.

The high average attendance (seats sold) last year wasn’t reflective of the number of people actually turning up week in, week out. There were a lot of empty seats.

That’s my theory too but would still like non renewers to give their (very valid) reasons. 👍

FilipinoHibs
01-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Agree it’s a good number but would still like to hear reasons apart from work or finances why 900 people didn’t renew. We can all make usurpations of course 👍

Think these are the people who ho to old firm, Hearts, Aberdeen, semis and finals and any crucial game. They were enticed by us finishing fourth, Lennon at the helm and some attractive signings. They probably see not much improvement on 5th. 4th is a possibility and probably fighting with Hearts for that slit. No Lennon and while PH very professional not as big a box office draw and ploe if attraction as Lennon (I am not a Lennon fan by the way). Signings apart from Allan not as attractive as last season although I think Vela a good addition with some pedigree.

JackHibs
01-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.

I've moved to Australia for a year, hope that's a good enough excuse:greengrin:greengrin

Although I've watched more live games on Hibs TV over here than i would've went to if i was home!!:dizzy:

Forza Fred
02-08-2019, 02:41 AM
I've moved to Australia for a year, hope that's a good enough excuse:greengrin:greengrin

Although I've watched more live games on Hibs TV over here than i would've went to if i was home!!:dizzy:

And isn’t it brilliant staying sober/staying awake for a middle of the night kick off?

JackHibs
02-08-2019, 04:16 AM
And isn’t it brilliant staying sober/staying awake for a middle of the night kick off?

Canny beat it mate, especially if your up for work in the morning :top marks:yawn:

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 04:22 AM
Canny beat it mate, especially if your up for work in the morning :top marks:yawn:

Living in roughly the same time zone, I tend to get drunk early and fall asleep around 8:30 pm. Up just now for 3:45am for night games. 3pm ko is easier but have to pace the drinking.

Kojock
02-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Due to health reasons my old mate was unable to renew. So that’s one accounted for.

smithy_hibees
02-08-2019, 06:00 AM
On the positive side my gf got a season ticket for the first time ever, well positive for hibs maybe not so for me

huggie1875
02-08-2019, 06:07 AM
The payment plan problems with zebra then a few folk i know were knocked back from the new company

JimBHibees
02-08-2019, 06:08 AM
On the positive side my gf got a season ticket for the first time ever, well positive for hibs maybe not so for me

:greengrin No escape.

007 Mickey Weir
02-08-2019, 06:19 AM
We sold 13500 by Xmas did we not? That is final figure for season. What was the figure before season started?

calumhibee1
02-08-2019, 06:22 AM
We sold 13500 by Xmas did we not? That is final figure for season. What was the figure before season started?

That was my understanding as well. No idea what we had at the season starting though.

JXM73
02-08-2019, 06:24 AM
If i want to watch lower league English football I'll get a ticket there, less travel to easter road i suppose

flash
02-08-2019, 06:28 AM
If i want to watch lower league English football I'll get a ticket there, less travel to easter road i suppose

Eh?

ACLeith
02-08-2019, 06:31 AM
The one I know of is solely due to changed family circumstances. Now only able to attend occasionally and can't justify the cost. She will be back in the future along with 2 new Hibs Kids 😀

Coco Bryce
02-08-2019, 06:36 AM
That 900 number does sound rather a lot.

On a positive though. I know at least 8 guys that have bought season tickets for this season that never had them last season :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
02-08-2019, 06:49 AM
I'd expect quite a number of them to have decided against renewing due to our poorer form last season compared with the season before, no European place for this season and the overall lack of big name signings, Scott Allan apart.

Before anyone has a go at me, I'm not saying I agree with these reasons, I do have a season ticket, but that is what I think a lot of the reasons will be.

Northernhibee
02-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Eh?

We didn’t sign Messi, Kane or Ronaldo, some people grinding their teeth because we signed players from lower leagues in England.

Carheenlea
02-08-2019, 06:52 AM
That number of ST’s is worth about £300,000 if most were adult seasons, but probably a large chunk were kids tickets which doesn’t make the figure too alarming.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2019, 06:59 AM

Please explain.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Some of them must have gone cold turkey, it’s a habit that I just can’t seem to beat.

theonlywayisup
02-08-2019, 07:01 AM

In my opinion, last season's high numbers were down to how we ended the 2017/18 season - the key words being entertainment and expectation.

We were playing a style of football that many Hibs fans have not seen for a long long time. You went to matches expecting to be entertained. You expected us to win all the games against the lesser teams in the league and have a good chance of beating the better teams. There were goals galore in many games. We finished the season very close to getting 2nd in the league and the expectation was that it might be even better during the 2018/19 season.

As we know, much of the 2018/19 season was grim to watch. The fact that we've only dropped by 900 is a positive to me. Let's hope that the entertainment value returns and that our win ratio improves back to what it was at the end of the 2017/18 season.

The 900 will return to watch a winning Hibs team.

calumhibee1
02-08-2019, 07:16 AM
That number of ST’s is worth about £300,000 if most were adult seasons, but probably a large chunk were kids tickets which doesn’t make the figure too alarming.

That’s the thing. Vast majority of them are probably the kids tickets that were never used anyway. I’d be surprised if we’re more than £100k worse off. Obviously better to have the money but something needed done about the kids ticket situation in the FF.

spikey66
02-08-2019, 07:20 AM
I know of 1 person who sadly won't be back as he passed away a few weeks ago.

Bostonhibby
02-08-2019, 07:20 AM
900 hard core petrieists. They're not coming back until Rod does.

You'd think all those who weren't coming back until he left would have more than made up the numbers.

Petrie in.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Col2
02-08-2019, 07:21 AM
We are not down by 1000.

We got to 13,500 by Xmas which include half season tickets.

We are already well over 12,500 and I would expect our end of August figure to be closer to 13k than 12.5k.

I think in reality we are down no more than 500. Lennon is/was a big name and the run the previous season was fantastic to watch. Those are factors.

Leith Green
02-08-2019, 07:22 AM
We had sold 13000 at the start of last season , we are only a few hundred behind that figure just now. I was expecting it to be far worse to be honest. We are not far away , i think thats good going when you factor the drop in performances last season and what felt like a lot of negativity.

green day
02-08-2019, 07:23 AM
That’s the thing. Vast majority of them are probably the kids tickets that were never used anyway. I’d be surprised if we’re more than £100k worse off. Obviously better to have the money but something needed done about the kids ticket situation in the FF.

Also, if we play well and have high demand matches then perhaps a lot of those 900 will be sold at full price?

We all remember the "sellout" matches last year with massive gaps in the FF lower that couldnt be sold.

Brooster
02-08-2019, 07:24 AM

Just what I was thinking. 13500 after half season ticket sales therefore maybe 13000 or so at the start of the season. We wont be far away from that figure now. I think our average attendance will be much the same as last season assuming we make top 6. Some folk are getting in a panic about nothing here I think.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2019, 07:28 AM
We're not really any different from any other club. A lot of glory hunters jumped on the 2016 bandwagon and are now remembering/realising that that isn't the norm for Hibs so are drifting away.

Add to that the chancers who were essentially defrauding the club they support being rumbled. Between 500 and 900 down seems about right.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2019, 07:34 AM
I should add to my post that we are probably about 3 or 4000 up on what I would describe as our core support so I still think we're in good shape in terms of our support.

Golden Bear
02-08-2019, 07:35 AM
And here's me thinking that there would have been a significant INCREASE in our attendance figures following the departure of RP. :greengrin

Where are all these guys who vowed never to return until THE TACHE departed from ER?

Or perhaps we can expect an increase in walk up fans?

offshorehibby
02-08-2019, 07:37 AM
17th July 2018

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8966

Golden Bear
02-08-2019, 07:40 AM
I should add to my post that we are probably about 3 or 4000 up on what I would describe as our core support so I still think we're in good shape in terms of our support.

Yip, I'd agree with that.

GreenCastle
02-08-2019, 07:41 AM
I don’t believe the gloryhunting excuse.

It’s Hibs - we aren’t Man City or Barcelona winning a trophy every other season.

I can maybe understands not paying for a ticket under Butcher etc but I think if Hibs did a survey it would be..mainly down to..

Change of circumstances - work - playing football - family
Cost - linked to family and basically life - football isn’t cheap to follow.

I would be amazed if anyone hasn’t renewed due to Lennon leaving and Heckingbottom arriving.

Scott Allan will add entertainment this season.

Does anyone have 2 season tickets in the stadium ? One for themselves in one part of ground (east for example) and 1 for themselves in FF with a nephew etc ? So basically they have bought 3 tickets ?

calumhibee1
02-08-2019, 07:42 AM
17th July 2018

So we’re probably closer to 500 or so down. Bearing in mind the amount of empty seats in the FF I’d reckon that accounts for a huge majority of the drop off.

H18 SFR
02-08-2019, 07:45 AM
The FFL will account for the vast majority of this figure I'd imagine.

We have went from 4 to 3 in our group and the family immediately to our left in the ground from 5 to 3. I'd imagine that will be replicated across the whole lower section.

Allant1981
02-08-2019, 07:45 AM
I'm one of the 900, due to a new baby on the way and the wife moaning at me for leaving her and the kids last season I cant justify spending most of my Saturdays or sundays out of the house, will hopefully get to a game once a month but not every week now, will miss it but I'm sure family time will be more enjoyable!!!

MyJo
02-08-2019, 07:47 AM
You can blame my daughter for one of the non-renewals.

Had a season ticket for several years but zero interest in the football, she’s now 13 and we would be paying a lot more for her ticket when she doesn’t actually want to go so didn’t renew hers.

Leith Green
02-08-2019, 07:47 AM
17th July 2018

It fizzled out at that though didnt it. We were 13000 sold at start of season with another lot sold at xmas. Whats interesting to note from that article is that at that point we were 1000 up on the previous season. So basically we have taken a wee backwards step but nothing too worrying as we have held onto roughly half of those extras from last year 👍

BegbieHSC
02-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Tbf, in February I was predicting 10,000 season ticket holders tops, so I can’t say I’m disappointed by just a few hundred dropping off.

Have a good start to season (as in firmly in the top 4) I can see us getting a similar figure as last season with half season ticket sales.

BT58
02-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Due to work commitments i cannot renew. Ive been a season ticket holder for many a year, certainly not a glory hunter. Last 2 seasons ive paid for a season ticket but not been able to attend certain games, but was happy to give my cash to Hibs. Now im finding my work taking priority
B

Leith Green
02-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Tbf, in February I was predicting 10,000 season ticket holders tops, so I can’t say I’m disappointed by just a few hundred dropping off.

Have a good start to season (as in firmly in the top 4) I can see us getting a similar figure as last season with half season ticket sales.

We really are in a good place as a club right now. Hopefully we can build a team capable of challenging for the foreseeable future and we can really grow things forward.

thegaffer12
02-08-2019, 08:01 AM
I've not renewed because I found myself unable to go to every game last year due to other commitments, so financially it would make more sense to pick and choose about 10 games this season.

Leith Green
02-08-2019, 08:02 AM
I noticed as well that we are currently over 2000 season tickets sales ahead of season 2016/2017 , directly after the scottish cup win. Obviously that was for the championship but it does show that any surge from the cup win isn’t going anywhere

thorbs
02-08-2019, 08:04 AM
I had two in the FF upper last season but with work commitments and family stuff it was the Celtic game at Christmas before we got along after the Euro ties in pre-season. Just couldn't justify it again this year. Will just have to pick and choose the games we get to. Midweek games are easier for me to get along to.

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Tbh the 900 never turned up anyway ...

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
I'm one of the 900, due to a new baby on the way and the wife moaning at me for leaving her and the kids last season I cant justify spending most of my Saturdays or sundays out of the house, will hopefully get to a game once a month but not every week now, will miss it but I'm sure family time will be more enjoyable!!!

Get working on those brownie points

offshorehibby
02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
It fizzled out at that though didnt it. We were 13000 sold at start of season with another lot sold at xmas. Whats interesting to note from that article is that at that point we were 1000 up on the previous season. So basically we have taken a wee backwards step but nothing too worrying as we have held onto roughly half of those extras from last year 👍

I'm with a few other posters and think the cheaper seats in the FF are down. Ok numbers might be down but i'm willing to bet that we'll not be that worse off financially.

Leith Green
02-08-2019, 08:14 AM
I'm with a few other posters and think the cheaper seats in the FF are down. Ok numbers might be down but i'm willing to bet that we'll not be that worse off financially.

Didnt someone point out earlier that the FF lower seats were 85 per cent sold?

Edinburgh Green
02-08-2019, 08:14 AM
The fickle nature of your average football fan I’d guess. At the tail end of the season before last we were on fire! Lennon looked like the man to take us to the next level, we had the best midfield outside Celtic (probably rivalling it) We had found 2 goalscoring gems in Kamberi and Maclaren with both of them coming back to join for the next season, we’d qualified for Europe and everything was rosey.

Fast forward a season and we are on the back of losing Mcgeouch, McGinn, a now underperforming Kamberi (by his on loan standards) as well as other factors like lower league finish and poor cup runs was probably enough for a fair few folk to not renew.

P.S None of this relates to me. Renewed and buzzin for it all to start again! :greengrin

HibbySpurs
02-08-2019, 08:19 AM
My eldest daughter didn’t want to renew as she now has a part time job at weekends so that’s one youth down in the FF.

Having said that my laddie has gone from child to youth age for this season and I have bought my youngest a child ST for the first time so it’s very much as you were for us!

HibbySpurs
02-08-2019, 08:21 AM
The payment plan problems with zebra then a few folk i know were knocked back from the new company

Yeah that’s possible, maybe zebra had a lower acceptance criteria or some who had poor credit ratings had got one thru zebra and thru paying it up every year without missing payments etc. Had built up a good history with Zebra who then let them renew on that basis?

Those in that boat who now find the new company knocking them back it a little harsh.

JimBHibees
02-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Yeah that’s possible, maybe zebra had a lower acceptance criteria or some who had poor credit ratings had got one thru zebra and thru paying it up every year without missing payments etc. Had built up a good history with Zebra who then let them renew on that basis?

Those in that boat who now find the new company knocking them back it a little harsh.

I think the club indicated anyone knocked back should get in touch with them as they could have maybe got approval. Maybe still an option.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2019, 08:27 AM
They'll be back when we get to another final or Hearts away.

Tyler Durden
02-08-2019, 08:30 AM

What’s the source for this?

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2019, 08:45 AM
I saw all of them at Liverpool v Napoli on Sunday.

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 08:49 AM
I saw all of them at Liverpool v Napoli on Sunday.

Yes shameless glory hunters. Spent season ticket money on that match. Glad the pool got pumped and no star forwards on show. That will teach them to stick with the Hibees.

Coco Bryce
02-08-2019, 09:15 AM
We're not really any different from any other club. A lot of glory hunters jumped on the 2016 bandwagon and are now remembering/realising that that isn't the norm for Hibs so are drifting away.

Add to that the chancers who were essentially defrauding the club they support being rumbled. Between 500 and 900 down seems about right.

Adults using kids tickets?

The fact Hibs TV is not available on IPTV anymore should bump the crowds up a little maybe though.

ahibby
02-08-2019, 09:15 AM
The best seats are taking at this stage and some might not want to pay the same price for a corner view. The fewer that remain the harder to sell. Especially when tv dictates changes that are unsitable for some to attend. It might be better for those late to the ST scene to purchase exec seats in the middle of the park when able to attend and donate the remainder of the ST value to HSL like someone I know.

Renfrew_Hibby
02-08-2019, 09:34 AM
My personal reason for not renewing is simply down to work commitments.

My first season ticket was for the last season of the old cow shed in 94/95. I was 16 and it cost me £50! Though I had to travel from Ayr so it wasn't that cheep for me.
Since then I have a a full season ticket virtually every year since. Occasionally I didn't renew but would end up getting a half ticket in December.

I've moved around, from cowshed to Famous Five upper to the West when it opened. I then moved over to the old East and then remained on that side after the rebuild.

Last summer I changed jobs and now I could possibly only be able to attend 10 games max. With a family and bills to pay I can not justify the expenses of a season ticket only to then miss half the games.

The club emailed me a survey as to the reasons behind why I hadn't renewed and to see if there was anything they could do to help me renew which I thought was decent.

I would be there every game if I could as I always went before whether the team was flying or stinking the place out, made no difference to me as I love the Hibs.

BoomtownHibees
02-08-2019, 09:38 AM
They'll be back when we get to another final or Hearts away.

Says the part timer himself 😉

SaulGoodman
02-08-2019, 09:40 AM
I think the club indicated anyone knocked back should get in touch with them as they could have maybe got approval. Maybe still an option.

They did, it happened with me. Hibs got in touch with me and we set up a direct debit between myself and Hibs. This was mentioned st the time for anyone that couldn’t get credit.

JimBHibees
02-08-2019, 09:41 AM
They did, it happened with me. Hibs got in touch with me and we set up a direct debit between myself and Hibs. This was mentioned st the time for anyone that couldn’t get credit.

Sounds good. :aok:

PatHead
02-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Seems like the club have made attempts to retain some of the non renewers.
I only know of one who has not renewed and that is down to having a baby. There will always be some fall offs and I suppose it wasn't as noticeable when we only had 5k season tickets. It is only 6%.

By the time we actually kick off the numbers may be slightly better and a 95% renewal rate is pretty impressive.

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Yes shameless glory hunters. Spent season ticket money on that match. Glad the pool got pumped and no star forwards on show. That will teach them to stick with the Hibees.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Green Man
02-08-2019, 10:03 AM
My two boys lost interest last season and didn’t want to renew. As one of the main reasons I got a ST was to go with them, I wasn’t going to renew myself. Coupled with my mate who didn’t renew in order to spend more time with his young son, that’s 4 down. Family circumstances the reason for all of them.

Jamesie
02-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Wonder how many of the Sauzee brigade - those who were adamant that they wouldn't go back until Petrie was away - have now bought season tickets for this term?

skankomcphee
02-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Far too many folk on this thread letting their bairns tell them what to do IMHO

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Wonder how many of the Sauzee brigade - those who were adamant that they wouldn't go back until Petrie was away - have now bought season tickets for this term?

Do you think any of those were real? Or just a rant at the time ?

Jamesie
02-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Do you think any of those were real? Or just a rant at the time ?

I know of someone who was pretty vocal about it and who hasn't been seen at a game for a few years - however he hasn't bought a season ticket and I haven't seen him at any games since the sale.

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I know of someone who was pretty vocal about it and who hasn't been seen at a game for a few years - however he hasn't bought a season ticket and I haven't seen him at any games since the sale.

can't imagine many real Hibs fans doing that...the club is more important than individuals...

iwasthere1972
02-08-2019, 11:16 AM

I took ill just before the start of last season and unfortunately due to this I didn't manage to use my season ticket at all. Saw it as a good £400 donation to the club but as my condition hasn't improved enough this season I haven't renewed. Just have to watch again on the tellybox when we're on.

WeeRussell
02-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Out of interest, what's our highest season ticket price right now and has it increased on last season?

Jambo I know was telling me he paid 316 for a seat in the new stand last season, and it's gone up to 500 for the same seats this year!! Incredible jump, if true, on the back of a season they'll be happy to forget.

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 11:23 AM
I took I'll just before the start of last season and unfortunately due to this I didn't manage to use my season ticket at all. Saw it as a good £400 donation to the club but as my condition hasn't improved enough this season I haven't renewed. Just gave to watch again on the tellybox when we're on.

Quite right ....Hope you feel better soon buddy - you don’t have to be there to support the team ..enjoy the coverage when you get it [emoji106][emoji106]

WestStandWillie
02-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Perhaps mind your own business?

Hermit Crab
02-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Says the part timer himself 😉

Canny mind if I bumped into you in Elgin or not?

lucky
02-08-2019, 11:50 AM
First post on here in ages but I also chose not renew my ST for the first time in 15 or so years. My love for Hibs has not diminished but constantly juggling work and now spending more time out to country on holiday just made a ST not worth it. I’ve always missed games due to work but last season I missed 7 home games. I’ll continue to attend when I can but a ST is not a priority anymore.

BoomtownHibees
02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Canny mind if I bumped into you in Elgin or not?

Na didn’t see you. Was looking for you on Tuesday as well

Nod HFC
02-08-2019, 12:13 PM
My brother and I decided to get our first season tickets since about 2009 this year, if that helps.

NthCarolinaHibs
02-08-2019, 12:16 PM
My brother and I decided to get our first season tickets since about 2009 this year, if that helps.

Well done that man.. 👏👏

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 12:18 PM
First post on here in ages but I also chose not renew my ST for the first time in 15 or so years. My love for Hibs has not diminished but constantly juggling work and now spending more time out to country on holiday just made a ST not worth it. I’ve always missed games due to work but last season I missed 7 home games. I’ll continue to attend when I can but a ST is not a priority anymore.

I always will get an ST..just my choice ...this sounds a perfect reasons not to renew - each to their own I say ..

The Dot count crew might get a bit excited , but tbh I never though I’d see the day when we were regularly having 12K + ST holders ..magic !!

Enjoy your holidays and the fitba ! [emoji106]

hibbyfraelibby
02-08-2019, 12:23 PM
We are currently c300 down on end of August last year. The half season sales , where people get them bought for christmas etc, wont go on sale for months yet. Add to that the club has addressed the chancers buying kids seasons in lower FF to upgrade to adult for the glory hunter games and we will find that at the end of the day sales for 2019/20 and 2018/19 will be much of a muchness.

BoomtownHibees
02-08-2019, 12:33 PM
We are currently c300 down on end of August last year. The half season sales , where people get them bought for christmas etc, wont go on sale for months yet. Add to that the club has addressed the chancers buying kids seasons in lower FF to upgrade to adult for the glory hunter games and we will find that at the end of the day sales for 2019/20 and 2018/19 will be much of a muchness.

We had sold over 13,000 by the 17th July last year so I think we are prob slightly more than 300 down however getting a couple of good results early doors will see that rise

CMurdoch
02-08-2019, 03:11 PM

That's really good :aok:

erin go bragh
02-08-2019, 03:16 PM

Could have lost some from the FF lower that couldn’t remain there ,without having a under 16 with them .

CMurdoch
02-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Out of interest, what's our highest season ticket price right now and has it increased on last season?

Jambo I know was telling me he paid 316 for a seat in the new stand last season, and it's gone up to 500 for the same seats this year!! Incredible jump, if true, on the back of a season they'll be happy to forget.

That might have something to do with their new stand.
Folks in the old stand were given a transitional rate last season with the understanding that if they wanted to remain in the new stand this season they would have to pay the going rate hence a muckle price hike.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2019, 03:36 PM

A shirt sponsor would've covered a chunk of that, I've not read the whole thread, someone might've beat me to it.

Greencore
02-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Getting season ticket tomorrow 😊

Speedway
02-08-2019, 04:00 PM
We are not down by 1000.

We got to 13,500 by Xmas which include half season tickets.

We are already well over 12,500 and I would expect our end of August figure to be closer to 13k than 12.5k.

I think in reality we are down no more than 500. Lennon is/was a big name and the run the previous season was fantastic to watch. Those are factors.

Agree completely.

Lennon provided drama, expectation and by Hibs standards; bigger name signings. (Marciano, Bogdan, Stokes, Milligan, Whittaker, Horgan, Ambrose, Barker, Ageypong, Holt, Commons etc)

He was propelled by the feel good factor of the Cup win.

A lot got swept along with the Lennon show. As many as 500? I think that's very likely.

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2019, 04:10 PM
I knew a few people who got a season ticket when we were promoted that I was amazed at. That’s the sort of fan we’ll have lost. In no way am I judging them. Every club has fans like that. They’ll be there a few games this season but would only be ST hi losers for winning football played with a bit of panache.

JOD
02-08-2019, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Real Emerald;5867235]Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.
3 not renewed here due too Lennon
Fiasco.Still will be there but that should have been handled so much better than it was.

Jamesie
02-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Interested to know how many season ticket holders manage to make it to every game. For me, I tend to miss a few as I get involved in international rugby fixtures as well: this season I know at the outset I'll miss four home games as a consequence.

sixtwo
02-08-2019, 05:01 PM
I’ve had season tickets in the east with my dad for many years. Decided not to renew this year as he has just had a knee replacement and ( in truth the main reason) we missed a load of games last year due to watching them in the pub when it was freezing cold.
Not the answer a Uber fan would give but an honest one.
Hoping to spend more family time and less time in the pub but will still go to loads of games. I will probably miss it after the first couple of games and be back straight away

weecounty hibby
02-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Interested to know how many season ticket holders manage to make it to every game. For me, I tend to miss a few as I get involved in international rugby fixtures as well: this season I know at the outset I'll miss four home games as a consequence.

I probably miss at least 4 or 5 games per season due to one thing or another. I think last year we missed 7. Makes the cost of each game pretty expensive but I see it more as a membership. Probably if I didn't have an ST I would miss more games due to the can't be arsed with the ticketing situation either going online or standing in a queue at the pods to stand in a queue to get in

penihibs
02-08-2019, 05:09 PM
A shirt sponsor would've covered a chunk of that, I've not read the whole thread, someone might've beat me to it.

I'm sure our new owner could cover this, the number of season tickets is amazing never thought I'd ever see crowds like this again lets enjoy it.

hibbiedon
02-08-2019, 05:12 PM
I work in a veterans residency and managed to get 2 season tickets for Easter Road and 2 for that other place in Gorgie. It cost us £1,600 and given the amount of games that no one attended I could not argue a case for renewing them. My daughter who lives in Hawick did not renew her tickets for her and her two kids as due to midweek fixtures she was forced to miss too many games

basehibby
02-08-2019, 06:16 PM

I didn't renew because of work or finances - oh **** but that doesn't count :hide:

Seriously though money and time - or the lack of both - made me decide to give it a miss this season - don't know why you think anyone else will be different. I seriously hope I end up regretting it and battering down the door for a Half ST at Xmas tho :pray:

Give it laldy Hecky :flag::flag::flag:

Eyrie
02-08-2019, 07:09 PM

I'm expecting to make ten or twelve games of the nineteen, with midweek fixtures being the main reason but real life also being a factor.

Lago
02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
My reason (s)
Old age 😒 76 next birthday,
Travelling, driving from Kirkcaldy in winter no is longer something I am enthusiastic about getting parked etc.
And lastly as I've aged my interest in Scottish football has decreased, still love Hibs.
So like one or two others it's the TV for me from now on. 😢

Shields Hibee
02-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I’ve still kept my season ticket although getting to midweek games can be a challenge. I usually try and combine a Hibs midweek with an early morning meeting in Edinburgh or Glasgow, win win :wink:

If I miss games it’s usually due to work or the East Coast Main Line going haywire and trains being stopped. I’ve always seen the ST as an easier option than buying match by match and sort of investment. Had one since 2010 and just kept on renewing even if at times I did question why fork out for one when the ground isn’t even half full!

Itsnoteasy
02-08-2019, 10:12 PM

I've not renewed FF lower. Sick of all the foul language used by many. Pulled a couple of folk up for it last year, and the fans round about turned on me, saying leave the guy alone he's not doing any harm. There's a few other reasons but that is the main one for me not to renew.

Sammy7nil
02-08-2019, 10:14 PM
[B]We are currently c300 down

I think they went to Sparta :wink:

houstonhibbee
03-08-2019, 12:08 AM
All very valid reasons but if hibs were kicking a** you'd all be renewing 🤔

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 12:43 AM
I've not renewed FF lower. Sick of all the foul language used by many. Pulled a couple of folk up for it last year, and the fans round about turned on me, saying leave the guy alone he's not doing any harm. There's a few other reasons but that is the main one for me not to renew.

I sit in the middle of the East which should be a bastion of bad language but isn't as a rule.
Hard to believe there are more issues with it in the family area.
I did see footage that showed you sitting near the guy that got caught making racist comments last season.
You've not had much luck with those that sat around you.

Have you renewed for another part of the ground A?
You could have taken over the seat of your pal Booby the pizza burner from Musselburgh.
Work has caused him to give up his seat in the East this season.

Allant1981
03-08-2019, 06:14 AM
All very valid reasons but if hibs were kicking a** you'd all be renewing 🤔

No I wouldnt

hibsboy69
03-08-2019, 07:44 AM
I never renewed my 3 Seasom Tickets because one of my son’s football games moved from Sunday’s to Saturdays...........so I ended up giving my tickets away most weeks

So this season (like today) I’ll just buy tickets for the games we can make

GGTTH

MSK
03-08-2019, 08:06 AM
We renewed again but seriously considered giving it a miss due to missing most of last season because of us all working, the Nephew would have missed out too if we didn't renew this season because when his Mum cant make it we take him. **** it though, money to hibs I suppose 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Jamesie
03-08-2019, 09:21 AM
The fact we're at the mercy of the TV companies who show complete disdain for fans - for example, I've been entirely ignored by Sky and BT despite asking them on twitter on multiple occasions whether they can advise whether Hibs v Rangers on 21 December will be moved to the Sunday (something that shouldn't be difficult to confirm one way or the other given it's not a European week) - might be enough to put some fans off.

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2019, 09:24 AM
The fact we're at the mercy of the TV companies who show complete disdain for fans - for example, I've been entirely ignored by Sky and BT despite asking them on twitter on multiple occasions whether they can advise whether Hibs v Rangers on 21 December will be moved to the Sunday (something that shouldn't be difficult to confirm one way or the other given it's not a European week) - might be enough to put some fans off.They usually do it per quarter I think so you'll have a while to wait. Not as easy as them confirming as it needs to be discussed with the clubs and police.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
03-08-2019, 09:27 AM
I sit in the middle of the East which should be a bastion of bad language but isn't as a rule.
Hard to believe there are more issues with it in the family area.
I did see footage that showed you sitting near the guy that got caught making racist comments last season.
You've not had much luck with those that sat around you.

Have you renewed for another part of the ground A?
You could have taken over the seat of your pal Booby the pizza burner from Musselburgh.
Work has caused him to give up his seat in the East this season.

No not renewed anywhere. Boaby mare interested in Liverpool at the rugby ground mare than the Hibs. Boaby stays in The Pans that's Lower Musselburgh to you 😉

Keith_M
03-08-2019, 09:36 AM
They're re-enacting the Charge Of The Light Brigade?

Though that might have been just 600.

PatHead
09-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Noticed an advert saying join the 12700. I guess that's the number sold.

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2019, 07:55 AM

I can imagine that would be.
Maybe the club could look at a pre-pay model like the Christmas Saving style approach where you pay in monthly for next year's ticket?
Maybe even give a slight discount.

JimBHibees
09-08-2019, 07:57 AM
I can imagine that would be.
Maybe the club could look at a pre-pay model like the Christmas Saving style approach where you pay in monthly for next year's ticket?
Maybe even give a slight discount.

The club said to get in touch if you were knocked back by the new company. Here is an email address tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Sean1875
09-08-2019, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Real Emerald;5867235]Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.
3 not renewed here due too Lennon
Fiasco.Still will be there but that should have been handled so much better than it was.

3 of you didn't renew season tickets because of the way Lennon left the club? Am I reading that right...?

FilipinoHibs
09-08-2019, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=JOD;5867940]

3 of you didn't renew season tickets because of the way Lennon left the club? Am I reading that right...?

Handled diplomatically by Hibs. Let Lennon out while covering up all his bad behaviour. I am sure Leanne would have warned about his mutterings on an off the pitch. She is not to be taken as a fool as Lennon found out.

Since452
09-08-2019, 11:31 AM
I was dissapointed with how Hibs handled it too. He should have been emptied weeks earlier

Kaff
09-08-2019, 11:47 AM
5 of us couldnt/didn't renew due to family circumstances but now things have settled might try and get half season ticket later for 3.
We don't get to many games and decided to get seasons when we were relegated and club put out the rallying call, now we're selling decent numbers I thought it wouldn't be such a problem. Bizarrely you get accused of ripping off someone if you buy a St and unable to use it every game, after relegation you were lauded as helping out, I imagine the true glory hunters weren't worried about seeing us get beaten regularly?

hibsforeurope
09-08-2019, 01:39 PM
I've renewed in the knowledge that i'll miss a lot of games due to playing most Saturday's and attending the rugby internationals. I like where my seat is and didn't want to lose it by not renewing.

I do think that Hibs have taken the fans for granted with their season tickets on the back of the 2016 cup win. With that novelty wearing off there needs to be more incentive to renew tickets. With my Liverpool membership you get a gift box, discount at the club store, exclusive offers, competitions are a members area website. It wouldn't be asking too much for Hibs to offer something as an incentive to buy a season ticket even if it was discount in the club shop or off food in the ground.

NZhibee
09-08-2019, 02:11 PM

Unfortunately I have to move back to NZ. HibsTv is the future for me.

KingFranck
09-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Blame the SYFA
My son’s team now have their games at 2pm on a Saturday meaning me and him could not justify buying a season ticket
Move his games back to 11 on a Sunday please SYFA

judas
09-08-2019, 09:40 PM
I heard that they now support Hearts and that they now have 400,900 fans