PDA

View Full Version : Ann Budge interview

PatHead
01-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Ann Budge is interviewed in tonight 's Evening News.

In it she says

She will continue to give Craigy boy her full support.

She budgets for a 4th place finish each season but was bailed out by the cup runs.

Levein is not the most organised

She will hand over her shareholding in the spring

Rumble de Thump
01-08-2019, 05:09 PM

In it she says

She budgets for a 4th place finish each season but was bailed out by the cup runs.

She was bailed out by random millionaires and the Hearts fans. All of whom clearly have more money than sense.

Bostonhibby
01-08-2019, 05:10 PM

In it she says

She will hand over her shareholding in the springMight be out before the megastand's finished then (?).

Cost might have doubled by then as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
01-08-2019, 05:13 PM

In it she says

So basically letting her replacement/replacements fire Levein

Bostonhibby
01-08-2019, 05:14 PM
So basically letting her replacement/replacements fire LeveinMaybe all 400,000 of the new owners will get a vote on it?

PatHead
01-08-2019, 05:15 PM
She will stay on but give the majority of her shareholding over.

AltheHibby
01-08-2019, 05:27 PM
And according to one of the financial geniuses over there they will be debt free.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Maybe all 400,000 of the new owners will get a vote on it?

Think all 400,000 want him out though

Kato
01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Hearts fans run their club. Could be a revelation, could be a display in total hatstandery.

Bostonhibby
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Think all 400,000 want him out thoughSomehow or other Mrs doctor Budge will retain control, at least until they finish the stand in the next millennium so Doctor football will be fine.[emoji16]

greenginger
01-08-2019, 05:53 PM
She will stay on but give the majority of her shareholding over.

Does she say say if she expects to stay on as Chair and CEO or as a non-exec director ?

SaulGoodman
01-08-2019, 05:55 PM
And according to one of the financial geniuses over there they will be debt free.

Like us? :smug:

Jack Hackett
01-08-2019, 05:58 PM
She's going nowhere until the chintz curtains are up and the minister's been round for tea

RyeSloan
01-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Love this bit re her meetings with Levein:

I see him on a one-to-one basis and I’ll question things: ‘Are you serious? Is this really what we’re doing?

The mind kind of boggles at what could be going on in that room at the time [emoji1785]

AltheHibby
01-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Like us? :smug:

Only if we stole from pensioners and the poppy fund.

01-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Hearts fans run their club. Could be a revelation, could be a display in total hatstandery.

Once they have fan ownership their sense of entitlement will increase exponentially. It will be very volatile over there when things aren't going their way and social media will be carnage.

PatHead
01-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Once they have fan ownership their sense of entitlement will increase exponentially. It will be very volatile over there when things aren't going their way and social media will be carnage.

Can't wait

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Can't wait for this to happen. It will be like watching an episode of Only Fools And Horses or Minder :LOL:

mjhibby
01-08-2019, 06:36 PM

Should be interesting to say the least. Their so used to getting large donations to bail them out that they will expect that to continue the same as aberdeen.with all the money pumped into both of them last season 4th and 6 were poor returns. Btw she will be gone and they will still have three years of Stevie boys large contract. Me thinks he's eyeing up potters chair btw.

McD
01-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Can't wait

:agree:

You can can almost see the exploding heads now:

jambo A wants xyz to happen, but this doesn’t come to pass, so the toys come out the pram publicly, FoH DD pulled, cue mass online abuse from other puddle drinkers

meanwhile. Jambo B wants abc to happen, which does come to pass. But the expected outcome is far beyond the reality, so the toys come out the pram publicly, FoH DD pulled, cue mass online abuse from other puddle drinkers.

... and you just know that a proposal will be floated about whether all the FoH contributors should be polled for starting lineups, substitutions, how many 3 syllable words can be allowed in the next statement, what the new strips will look like, etc etc :greengrin

01-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Can't wait

A number of them will expect the fans to have input on all the decisions including transfers and team selection. When the more sensible amongst them point out it does not work like that they'll be met with the response "What's the point in fan ownership then?" and the arguments will go round and round in circles.

Joe6-2
01-08-2019, 06:52 PM

I see him on a one-to-one basis and I’ll question things: ‘Are you serious? Is this really what we’re doing?

The mind kind of boggles at what could be going on in that room at the time [emoji1785]

🤮

01-08-2019, 06:56 PM

Levein: Yes I am serious. Yes this is really what we're doing.

Budge: Okay.

Purple & Green
01-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Fan ownership is a good idea.

Fan control is a bad idea. A very bad idea.

Look forward to it.

jacomo
01-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Budge sounds like an absolute tool to me. And obviously Banderson is his usual useless excuse for a journalist, as the ‘businesswoman’ asks herself questions and talks about the different hats she wears.

I also like how she has decided she will stay on as chief exec once she has handed over majority control. Shouldn’t that be for the owners to decide?

PatHead
01-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Budge sounds like an absolute tool to me. And obviously Banderson is his usual useless excuse for a journalist, as the ‘businesswoman’ asks herself questions and talks about the different hats she wears.

I also like how she has decided she will stay on as chief exec once she has handed over majority control. Shouldn’t that be for the owners to decide?

A great business woman who budgets for 4th place.

StevesFamau5
01-08-2019, 08:09 PM

Anal? 😂

Scott Allan Key
02-08-2019, 12:35 AM
Anal? [emoji23]Are you serious? Is it really what they're doing?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
02-08-2019, 03:23 AM
Knocked out the cup by Motherwell, not even in the top 6 the end of October following a defeat to us, he be gone.

Purple & Green
02-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Knocked out the cup by Motherwell, not even in the top 6 the end of October following a defeat to us, he be gone.

Lets not think about the worst case scenario

AltheHibby
02-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Lets not think about the worst case scenario

😂

cocteautwin
02-08-2019, 09:47 AM

In it she says

I've always wondered what the tax implications of this transaction might be.

Since Budge took over control of HMFC for £2.4m there's been a big uplift in the net asset value of the club which stood at almost £15m at the end of June 2018, and one presumes this is much higher now, after the out of control spend on the new stand. Can she just transfer over the shares at the £2.4m value or will there be a deemed value at the point of sale and CGT calculated on that value? Can any of the board tax experts shed any light on this?

I'd hate to think that the good taxpayers of Scotland miss out once again on a large chunk of HMFC cash that would help educate our kids, feed our poor and clothe our elderly.

Purple & Green
02-08-2019, 01:26 PM
I envisage the decision making process to look something like all the Foondies of Hearts turning up at Tynecastle with their pitchforks demanding Levein gets sacked.

If they dont get their way, they'll mob riot and lynch Levein. If they do get their way, they'll pitchfork everything that moves including each other.

win-win?

:agree:

You can can almost see the exploding heads now:

jambo A wants xyz to happen, but this doesn’t come to pass, so the toys come out the pram publicly, FoH DD pulled, cue mass online abuse from other puddle drinkers

meanwhile. Jambo B wants abc to happen, which does come to pass. But the expected outcome is far beyond the reality, so the toys come out the pram publicly, FoH DD pulled, cue mass online abuse from other puddle drinkers.

... and you just know that a proposal will be floated about whether all the FoH contributors should be polled for starting lineups, substitutions, how many 3 syllable words can be allowed in the next statement, what the new strips will look like, etc etc :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
02-08-2019, 01:55 PM
A great business woman who budgets for 4th place.

Can we just please scotch this myth she was a great business woman? Her partner Newell was the business brain she just landed lucky when Newell decided it was time as majority shareholder that she wanted to retire and sell up. Budge was just in the right place at the right time to land on her feet with a financial windfall when the French took them over.

PatHead
02-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Can we just please scotch this myth she was a great business woman? Her partner Newell was the business brain she just landed lucky when Newell decided it was time as majority shareholder that she wanted to retire and sell up. Budge was just in the right place at the right time to land on her feet with a financial windfall when the French took them over.

My description as a great business woman was firmly tongue in cheek. No club should budget for 4th place. Maybe top 6 but not top 4th.

The 90+2
02-08-2019, 03:18 PM
My description as a great business woman was firmly tongue in cheek. No club should budget for 4th place. Maybe top 6 but not top 4th.

Why not? Top 4 = Europe.

Eyrie
02-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Why not? Top 4 = Europe.

And how realistic is a top four finish this year for a team that has scraped and scrapped its way to a lofty sixth place in each of the last two seasons?

PatHead
02-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Why not? Top 4 = Europe.

Maybe target top 4 but not budget for it.