PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON 2019/20 THIRD KIT ON SALE NOW!

RSS Bot
01-08-2019, 08:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10162)

04Sauzee
01-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Like it actually

Leith Green

That looks amazing ....

Diclonius
Yes Scott, I'll buy it, just stop ****ing pointing at me
https://i.imgur.com/XuMyF7i.jpg

yerauldda
01-08-2019, 08:05 AM
very nice, would have liked the socks and shorts to be the same colour as the top though.

Leith Green
01-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Unfortunately i have just spent £145 twice in the past 6 weeks buying my laddies the home and away kit. They are both going to be wanting this now.

erin go bragh
01-08-2019, 08:12 AM
very nice, would have liked the socks and shorts to be the same colour as the shorts though.

I’ve read this a few times and still I can’t work it out 🤔

Diclonius
01-08-2019, 08:13 AM
I’ve read this a few times and still I can’t work it out 🤔

I think they mean they want the socks/shorts to be grey too.

.Sean.
01-08-2019, 08:13 AM
I've wanted a grey kit for ages but it's ruined with the fluorescent green

Diclonius
01-08-2019, 08:14 AM
"The new Hibernian third kit for season 2019/20 will be available from 9am online from Thursday 1 August."

So in other words, now.

McD
Really like it, especially the subtle stripes :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
Dull.

Miles behind the other 2 kits. Reminds me a bit of the grey Celtic goalkeeper top by Nike that had the grey hoops on it.

LaMotta
01-08-2019, 08:15 AM
The illuminous green ruins it. Make that Hibs green and you'd have a very good strip!

The macron designers always get at least one thing wrong on their kits.

Bob Box Fish
01-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Honkin

Diclonius
01-08-2019, 08:18 AM
In all seriousness, I much prefer this to the other two kits. Will probably buy it.

.Sean.
01-08-2019, 08:21 AM

This is currently on ebay, could thet not have gave us this instead :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
01-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Wow. £76 for whole kit including the shorts and socks. For that kind of money I would want a game. Well a seat on the bench at least. 😁

supermcginn
01-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Another howler from macron.

yerauldda
01-08-2019, 08:26 AM
I think they mean they want the socks/shorts to be grey too.

yep.. I meant the top haha

Leith Green
01-08-2019, 08:32 AM
My laddie reckons the goalie wore it against alloa? Cant say i was paying that much attention, but i thought it was white

Clarence
01-08-2019, 08:38 AM

This is currently on ebay, could thet not have gave us this instead :boo hoo:

My first ever hibs strip. Never been surpassed.

Hibernian32
01-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Why are the socks and shirts dark grey and the top light grey it's absolutely reeking eh cat dung.

Who else plays in purple btw, nae need for it

Brightside
01-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Not for me. And I’m not sure when we will ever need to use it?

Marvellous
01-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Why are the socks and shirts dark grey and the top light grey it's absolutely reeking eh cat dung.

Who else plays in purple btw, nae need for it

Was just about to post the same. Don't have any issue with bringing out a third kit but that one is pretty poor.

With the exception of the 17-18 home strip and this season's away strip I reckon all the macron strips have been gash.

Brightside
01-08-2019, 08:53 AM
The illuminous green ruins it. Make that Hibs green and you'd have a very good strip!

The macron designers always get at least one thing wrong on their kits.

Home and away are perfect this year. And it’s HIBS that signed off on that green colour.

Keith_M
01-08-2019, 08:54 AM

That's crap.

Why wwould we even need a third strip?

Future17
01-08-2019, 08:56 AM
My laddie reckons the goalie wore it against alloa? Cant say i was paying that much attention, but i thought it was white

You win that argument.

Hibernian32
01-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Was just about to post the same. Don't have any issue with bringing out a third kit but that one is pretty poor.

With the exception of the 17-18 home strip and this season's away strip I reckon all the macron strips have been gash.

It looks like the shorts and socks where made for another strip😂

Heckys Wheel
01-08-2019, 09:01 AM

It’s a racket, pure and simple.

Release home and away strips and get them sold then release a third strip that we don’t need for more income.

bigwheel
01-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Release home and away strips and get them sold then release a third strip that we don’t need for more income.

Of course it is. But don’t we want the club to have more Income ??

hibee-boys
01-08-2019, 09:05 AM

The club is not dragging anyone into the shop forcing them to buy it!

CapitalGreen
01-08-2019, 09:06 AM

Ah yes that well known racket of releasing a third football kit that no one is forced to buy.

Stevie Reid
01-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Really like the top - I think the strip as a whole would be better had it all been that colour. I would've bought the shorts.

oldbutdim
01-08-2019, 09:10 AM
As I’ve (probably) said before, if it has a Hibs badge on it then my default position is to approve.
Probably doesn’t matter what the item is, or the colour, or anything really.
I’ve bought my fair share of ‘Hibs stuff’ over the years.
There’s loads of stuff I haven’t bought too – I’m not that much of a fanatic.
I’ve never quite understood the attitude that somehow it’s almost disapproved of when Hibs bring out another option.
If you don’t like it or want it, the answer is pretty clear?

Dinnae buy it.

:aok:

Leith Green
01-08-2019, 09:11 AM
You win that argument.

Its a losing battle 😂

Hibernian32
01-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Ah yes that well known racket of releasing a third football kit that no one is forced to buy.

I showed my son it about 45mins ago and he's already asked me over a dozen times when he's getting it.

I can see why people think it's a money grabber when the club know kids are going to want the newest kit on the market parents will go and get it. It annoys me a little bit considering there is no use for it year.

Home & away kit for my child has set me back nearly £200 btw. Its fair to say he will get this when it's half price no one is forced to buy it your right, but the club could have used the time and effort elsewhere in my eyes

Onceinawhile
01-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Those saying there's no use for it.

Our away kit has a chunk of green in it. We will likely wear the third kit v Celtic.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Those saying there's no use for it.

Our away kit has a chunk of green in it. We will likely wear the third kit v Celtic.

The 3rd kit is far more of a clash with Celtic than purple is.

Northernhibee
01-08-2019, 09:32 AM
It looks like the shorts and socks where made for another strip😂

I love the other two shirts and all the previous Macron shirts for us, but this strip is horrible and I agree with you; the shirt doesn't match the rest of it.

HibsGW
01-08-2019, 09:33 AM

‘Racket’ is a bit much for Hibs releasing a new third top 😂

Pete
01-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I love it and really like the neon badge as well, gives a very neutral coloured strip a modern twist.

The only thing that’s stopping me buying it is the price...and the fact I’m not under 30 years old. 😁

Vault Boy
01-08-2019, 09:35 AM
I like it, something a bit different. Three great strips this year.

Pete
01-08-2019, 09:37 AM
‘doesn’t match the rest of the kit’ 😂

It’s probably the best ‘matching’ kit in terms of colours we’ve had in years.

I’d hate to see what you guys wear on the golf course. 🤣

Sir David Gray
01-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Why do we require a 3rd kit? Seems like a money making exercise to me.

04Sauzee
01-08-2019, 09:38 AM

People need to get used to a 3rd kit, just like they had to get used to a kit coming out every season instead of every 2nd season. Rember when training kit was a thing of the past.

I like it, I won't be buying it, my 2 kids have the home and away top and I won't be buying them this.

People will buy it though and that's there choice

HibsGW
01-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Of course it is, that’s why we release new tops every season

Rattler
01-08-2019, 09:46 AM
I like it, something a bit different. Three great strips this year.

I’ll second your opinion on this ✅

LaMotta
01-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Home and away are perfect this year. And it’s HIBS that signed off on that green colour.

The collar on the home strip is daft again. Unnecessary green bits round the side and back. Close to perfect, not quite there.

And, that person at HIBS who sanctioned the illuminous green should have gone to specsavers:wink:

500miles
01-08-2019, 09:52 AM

I don't think you know what racketeering is.

Heckys Wheel
01-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Of course it is. But don’t we want the club to have more Income ??

There needs to be a balance between commercial income, football income and continually asking the fans to put their hand in their pocket.

Between season tickets, HSL and an annual double (now triple) strip release, the fans are doing their part.

No matter what is brought in this season, it will only be making up the deficit of not securing a shirt sponsor.

we are hibs
01-08-2019, 09:58 AM
We will wear it away to motherwell, aberdeen, livi. It will be worn more than the purple strip which will get about 4 outings. Was the same last season when we wore that hideous yellow thing more than the white away top.

Jones28
01-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Of course it is.

Nobodies forcing anyone to buy it though.

calumhibee1
01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
It’s fine. That’s about it really. It’s so simple it couldn’t really be bad.

HibsGW
01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
There needs to be a balance between commercial income, football income and continually asking the fans to put their hand in their pocket.

Between season tickets, HSL and an annual double (now triple) strip release, the fans are doing their part.

No matter what is brought in this season, it will only be making up the deficit of not securing a shirt sponsor.

I see where you’re coming from however I think for whatever reason, some people feel that they are obliged to buy anything that Hibs release, when in reality, Hibs have released a new third top, I’m not personally that bothered for it, but some people will like it and choose to go and buy it, surely that’s a good thing for Hibs?

Northernhibee
01-08-2019, 10:04 AM
‘doesn’t match the rest of the kit’ 😂

It’s probably the best ‘matching’ kit in terms of colours we’ve had in years.

I’d hate to see what you guys wear on the golf course. 🤣

Didn't know we had a pissed up Gok Wan on here :rolleyes:

1van Sprou7e
01-08-2019, 10:05 AM
I showed my son it about 45mins ago and he's already asked me over a dozen times when he's getting it.

I can see why people think it's a money grabber when the club know kids are going to want the newest kit on the market parents will go and get it. It annoys me a little bit considering there is no use for it year.

Home & away kit for my child has set me back nearly £200 btw. Its fair to say he will get this when it's half price no one is forced to buy it your right, but the club could have used the time and effort elsewhere in my eyes

I'm afraid to say that's on you mate. If you don't want to spend even more money on kits for your kids then don't, they don't need everything they want

1van Sprou7e
01-08-2019, 10:06 AM
We will wear it away to motherwell, aberdeen, livi. It will be worn more than the purple strip which will get about 4 outings. Was the same last season when we wore that hideous yellow thing more than the white away top.

Aye this is my issue with it, think it's actually quite nice but would rather see us wearing green or purple more often

Since452
01-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Smart strip

ian cruise
01-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Most SPFL clubs have brought out a third strip this season and they have sponsorship so its nothing like Hibs struggling to make up the deficit, it's just the way of the modern game.

MrRobot
01-08-2019, 10:36 AM
3rd strips are a norm these days.

I actually really like this, probably mroe than the away one.

The green would have been better a bit darker but I like the kit. Very different for us.

Groathillgrump
01-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Looks like it's been a white top that's been put in the washing machine with dark stuff and come out discoloured. Not keen on it at all.

Vault Boy
01-08-2019, 10:49 AM
3rd strips are a norm these days.

I actually really like this.

Agree with this. There's no answer to the question 'why do we need a third strip?' other than, 'why not?'

It gives folks a different option, a bit of excitement for younger fans (or sad, adult fans like me) and ultimately does no harm.

I like it and it is a better option than the purple one when we are playing the likes of Dundee or Ross County away from home. It'll be better for player visibility, regardless of what Sir Alex seemed to think!

Mantis Toboggan
01-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Agree with this. There's no answer to the question 'why do we need a third strip?' other than, 'why not?'

It gives folks a different option, a bit of excitement for younger fans (or sad, adult fans like me) and ultimately does no harm.

I like it and it is a better option than the purple one when we are playing the likes of Dundee or Ross County away from home. It'll be better for player visibility, regardless of what Sir Alex seemed to think!

Why would we not just wear our home kit for those games?

PH91
01-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Strip is very nice, my favourite change strip for a while.

Although whoever at hibs/macron keeps adding little quirks (in this case the small v out the neck and a band which goes 2/3 round the bottom) needs to stop.

Hibbyradge
01-08-2019, 11:36 AM
I think the shirt looks great, but didn't Man U not ditch their grey strip because the players couldn't see each other against the crowd?

RyeSloan
01-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Because we have a third strip! [emoji2957]

I quite like it and see no harm in having a third strip. Want it? Afford it? Then buy it. If not then don’t.

SteveHFC
01-08-2019, 11:55 AM
No need for a third strip. Just another way to get money off fans.

JimBHibees
01-08-2019, 11:57 AM
I think the shirt looks great, but didn't Man U not ditch their grey strip because the players couldn't see each other against the crowd?

No that was just an excuse because they were getting horsed.

Diclonius
01-08-2019, 12:00 PM

On the other hand, more choice for fans who pick and choose one strip per year (if any) like myself. I wasn't too keen on either the home or away but I like this one and as it's pay day might shell out for it. I can't remember the last Hibs strip I actually "bought", most were gifts from family.

matty_f
01-08-2019, 12:01 PM
I really like it. Being picky I wouldn't have had the flourescent badge but other than that I think it's a good effort.

MrRobot
01-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Dont want to pay for it, then dont. People who want to buy it will, really isnt an issue.

Carheenlea
01-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Not a fan of it. Can’t say I’m blown away with any of our strips for this season, and didn’t like last season’s either. Not far off 50 so getting to that age where you start thinking everything was better in days gone by.

Pete
01-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Didn't know we had a pissed up Gok Wan on here :rolleyes:

Suggesting that someone who you disagree with is drunk is always a great comeback. 🤣

BlackSheep
01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Since when did supporting a club mean you HAD to buy even 1 of their kits/shirts???

All this chat that it's a racket/scheme/ploy to part us from our hard earned cash is just ridiculous.

The only people who can argue this are those obsessed with owning every kit, every season, 1st, 2nd or 3rd...

...like me!! 😂😂😂

This one will be on the birthday gift list though 👍🏻

Vault Boy
01-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Dont want to pay for it, then dont. People who want to buy it will, really isnt an issue.

Exactly this. Not liking the kit is understandable, it's all about taste. Getting money from the fans? Yeah, I suppose, but it's all voluntary - there's no extortion involved, so it really doesn't matter.

I'm happy to see us try something a bit different in the design tbh, wasn't a fan of any of the luminescent numbers.

Marvellous
01-08-2019, 02:14 PM

It's a piece of cloth

erin go bragh
01-08-2019, 02:21 PM

When we played Raith at Starks park a couple of seasons ago and wore our home strip , was a nightmare trying to work out our players from Raiths . I’d imagine playing Ross County being much the same problem.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Away from home this season, we may actually see the third kit more than we see the purple, a bit like last season with the yellow one being worn much more than the white one.

My away days kit choices would be as follows:

Aberdeen - Home kit. There could be a case for the grey kit as one in ten males cant differentiate between green and red and in dull conditions that can increase.

Celtic - Purple kit obviously.

Hamilton - Home kit should do but if the Accies have white sleeves in their kit, combined with their white shorts, we could see either purple or grey being worn.

Hearts - Home kit, no brainer.

Kilmarnock - Home kit would be my choice but it depends on the Killie kit which, like Hamilton, if it had too much white (either shorts and/or sleeves) then the third kit would be worn as purple clashes with blue.

Livingston - Home kit

Motherwell - Home kit

Rangers - Home kit but we do have a history of wearing away kits there recently so you never know. If we did it would have to be the grey one

Ross County - The obvious match for our new third kit.

St.Johnstone - Home kit but the same applies as with Rangers.

St.Mirren - Purple, too much white in their kit and along with Celtic, this fixture requires the purple to be worn.

CloudSquall
01-08-2019, 02:52 PM
It's guff.

JohnMcM
01-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Hopefully at the LC and SC finals:greengrin

BlackSheep
01-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Away from home this season, we may actually see the third kit more than we see the purple, a bit like last season with the yellow one being worn much more than the white one.

My away days kit choices would be as follows:

Aberdeen - Home kit. There could be a case for the grey kit as one in ten males cant differentiate between green and red and in dull conditions that can increase.

Celtic - Purple kit obviously.

Hamilton - Home kit should do but if the Accies have white sleeves in their kit, combined with their white shorts, we could see either purple or grey being worn.

Hearts - Home kit, no brainer.

Kilmarnock - Home kit would be my choice but it depends on the Killie kit which, like Hamilton, if it had too much white (either shorts and/or sleeves) then the third kit would be worn as purple clashes with blue.

Livingston - Home kit

Motherwell - Home kit

Rangers - Home kit but we do have a history of wearing away kits there recently so you never know. If we did it would have to be the grey one

Ross County - The obvious match for our new third kit.

St.Johnstone - Home kit but the same applies as with Rangers.

St.Mirren - Purple, too much white in their kit and along with Celtic, this fixture requires the purple to be worn.

Killie's home kit this season is an anniversary one, its Dark blue, no white on the kit at all.... we will likely wear the Home kit or the grey. Last season's home is this season third.

Since452
01-08-2019, 03:15 PM
3rd kit better than our away kit imo

SChibs
01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
I like it

Bristolhibby
01-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Since when did supporting a club mean you HAD to buy even 1 of their kits/shirts???

All this chat that it's a racket/scheme/ploy to part us from our hard earned cash is just ridiculous.

The only people who can argue this are those obsessed with owning every kit, every season, 1st, 2nd or 3rd...

...like me!! 😂😂😂

This one will be on the birthday gift list though 👍🏻

Glad I’m not the only one.

J

7 Up
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM
It's alright, probably Macron's best effort for us so far. Would look better if the club badge was dark grey rather than the bright green though.

Hibs90
01-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Not a fan at all. Yuck.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately i have just spent £145 twice in the past 6 weeks buying my laddies the home and away kit. They are both going to be wanting this now.

Just say no?

Unseen work
01-08-2019, 05:31 PM
That just doesn’t go at all imo, the top alone looks quite nice but the shorts and socks are random. If you replaced the lime green with the other grey it might look better but I’m not a fan.

Re having a third kit, I’m not sure why so many seem surprised? We’ve had them a lot of late. The club is also not forcing anyone to buy it.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2019, 05:45 PM
I've looked at it again and still not seeing what many seem to be. It's a 2 tone grey T shirt with a random v cut out the collar and a couple of dots of luminous green.

It's pretty inoffensive but it's instantly forgettable. I saw one guy on Twitter raving about it being an 'instant classic' and our 'best kit in years'. I wouldn't rate it in our best or worst kits list, it's too boring to trouble either category.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Of course it is.

Nobodies forcing anyone to buy it though.

I wasn't suggesting anyone is being forced to buy it.

It was just an observation.

BoomtownHibees
01-08-2019, 05:49 PM
I get that it’s personal taste whether you like the strip or no however I’m no getting the “it doesn’t go” argument at all

lord bunberry
01-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Fraser Murray was wearing it in the press conference and it looked quite good with the sponsors logo on it.

Hibernia&Alba
01-08-2019, 06:07 PM
In my opinion, it's just bland. Not terrible, just forgettable. Anyway, how many times will team even wear it?

BoomtownHibees
01-08-2019, 06:18 PM
In my opinion, it's just bland. Not terrible, just forgettable. Anyway, how many times will team even wear it?

Quite often if last seasons 3rd kit is anything to go by

danhibees1875
01-08-2019, 07:26 PM
I think it looks quite smart but I don't really wear football tops anymore.

If they released a blank version as a running top without the badge and sponsor for a third of the price then I'd get it.

Lancs Harp
01-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Its ok a bit insipid for me but maybe thats me and grey.

I like the home kit, just a classic Hibs home shirt
Im so so on the second strip (not keen on the green pinstripe)
Third kit as described above.

The need for a third kit? Its 2019 its how things are, alternative strips are designed more around selling shirts and making more money than actual colour clashes as in the days of old. We'll be contracted to Macron (or whoever the strip manufacturer might have been) to wear the strip X amount of times during the course of season, as the team wearing it is the best way of advertising it.

I'm more of a Hibs polo shirt man myself these days. Each to their own. I hope all three shirts sell really well, more money in the coffers.

:flag:

Bristolhibby
01-08-2019, 09:20 PM
What happened to fans names on the 3rd shirt?

J

Pretty Boy
01-08-2019, 09:21 PM
What happened to fans names on the 3rd shirt?

J

Next season.

Leith Green
01-08-2019, 09:21 PM
If it makes the club more money then im all for a 3rd kit. Even though it means i will be fleeced once more by my laddies.

PH91
01-08-2019, 09:26 PM
I've looked at it again and still not seeing what many seem to be. It's a 2 tone grey T shirt with a random v cut out the collar and a couple of dots of luminous green.

It's pretty inoffensive but it's instantly forgettable. I saw one guy on Twitter raving about it being an 'instant classic' and our 'best kit in years'. I wouldn't rate it in our best or worst kits list, it's too boring to trouble either category.

I think trying to make the strips not boring (stupid collars, embedded badges, 2 tone green, different colour cuffs........) is what has ruined a lot of them in recent years.

Im delighted we have kept it simple this year. This top and the home, which is about as boring as a hibs strip can be, are the best macron have produced for us imo. I would add that the away top seems to also be widely liked but the pin stripes just dont do it for me. Looks better from afar.