PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Newcastle goals

GreenCastle
31-07-2019, 01:49 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5748

Good strike from Mallan to give us the opener. Nice 1st touch and play by Newell and Mackie - Flo good header back across middle.

The 3 Newcastle goals..not picking us apart - just observations.

Goal 1 - stop the cross (Mackie slow and too far away) - McGregor possibly fouled in build up - speed of the £40 million man means he's not close enough.
Goal 2 - very messy - so slow to react (Longstaff 2 touches to steady himself) no one attempts to block it really except Hanlon and then McGregor turns his back.
Goal 3 - midfield not tracking runners plus had chances to clear before.

Think in Goal 1 or 2 not shown Hanlon had a chance to clear the ball but didn't.

J-C
31-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Goals 1 and 3 scorer gets inbetween the 2 CH's and no.2 midfield slow to close him down, one concern I do have is we have been vulnerable to quick crosses into the box not being dealt with and guys losing their man for him to score. Corners and free kick where we're organised seems fine, maybe a lack of pace at the back when hit with fast wingers and quickly put in crosses.

Saturday Boy
31-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Goals 1 and 3 scorer gets inbetween the 2 CH's and no.2 midfield slow to close him down, one concern I do have is we have been vulnerable to quick crosses into the box not being dealt with and guys losing their man for him to score. Corners and free kick where we're organised seems fine, maybe a lack of pace at the back when hit with fast wingers and quickly put in crosses.

I agree with this, but, we won’t be playing against £40 million strikers every week.

The early cross is one of my favourite moves in football.

J-C
31-07-2019, 02:29 PM
I agree with this, but, we won’t be playing against £40 million strikers every week.

The early cross is one of my favourite moves in football.

I agree to an extent, we were pretty slow to react to all 3 goals.

Jones28
31-07-2019, 02:43 PM
That second goals is a real stinker. 3 bodies all within 5 feet of the ball and nobody goes to close down.

500miles
31-07-2019, 03:10 PM
That second goals is a real stinker. 3 bodies all within 5 feet of the ball and nobody goes to close down.

Slivka tries to, but the Newcastle player seems to have his leg.

My_Wife_Camille
31-07-2019, 05:34 PM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/5748

Good strike from Mallan to give us the opener. Nice 1st touch and play by Newell and Mackie - Flo good header back across middle.

The 3 Newcastle goals..not picking us apart - just observations.

Goal 1 - stop the cross (Mackie slow and too far away) - McGregor possibly fouled in build up - speed of the £40 million man means he's not close enough.
Goal 2 - very messy - so slow to react (Longstaff 2 touches to steady himself) no one attempts to block it really except Hanlon and then McGregor turns his back.
Goal 3 - midfield not tracking runners plus had chances to clear before.

Think in Goal 1 or 2 not shown Hanlon had a chance to clear the ball but didn't.
Disagree with you entirely on goal 1 and think you are very harsh on Mackie.

For me, Mackie is forced to move inside to cover for Hanlon who has come out of the back 4.

Meanwhile, Joe Newell loses his man on the far side who runs into our empty left back area. Mackie should be relying on the midfield to cover for him but they haven’t so by the time he’s able to get back into his own position it’s too late

The_Horde
31-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Disagree with you entirely on goal 1 and think you are very harsh on Mackie.

For me, Mackie is forced to move inside to cover for Hanlon who has come out of the back 4.

Meanwhile, Joe Newell loses his man on the far side who runs into our empty left back area. Mackie should be relying on the midfield to cover for him but they haven’t so by the time he’s able to get back into his own position it’s too late

Deary me. Seasons not even begun and it looks like the new boo boy has been chosen.

hibsbollah
31-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Deary me. Seasons not even begun and it looks like the new boo boy has been chosen.

:dunno: Who? He identified mistakes by both Hanlon and Newell and stuck up for Mackie.