PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased view!

onthefence
30-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Hi all,

I have recentley joined this site as i often find myself looking at it! I actually just support scottish football as a whole. While i have family who support Hibs and Hearts my involvment in the game has stopped me supporting a club! When i say involvment i am not someone you have heard of ha ha ... just in the back ground! Like i say above i support scottish football as a whole and stick up for it until im blue in the face. :greengrin.

What I find funny about football fans forums is when you read the rivals forums!.... What ever is being said on the one 99% of the time you will find the complete opposite on the other. For example - Hibs exciting recent take over. All you find on your rivals kickback forum is that Ron is this and that. trying to pick holes in all things negative. On here its of course all positive and so forth! Same with players - Hibs sign a player hes instantly rubbish over the road and same when Hearts sign one on here. Hopefully I don't get abuse or told im a Hearts fans if I say something against the grain sometimes I can assure you im not a "supporter" of any club.

So on that point I hope you will enjoy having an unbiased view on here from time to time!

IF you care? My view on the 2 Edinburgh clubs? it will be tight in terms of league position Hearts have built there squad for that small tight narrow tynecastle pitch and will be hard to beat and take points there especially in the bigger games (Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen). While there style is not attractive it can be effective at home. A back line of Smith Halkett Berra and the young chap who will no doubt play left back is a good SPL level defence. There front 2 of Washington and Uche might not score 30 goals between them but they will be a nightmare to play against physically on that tight pitch with the added quality of Naismith. YOU guys will play attractive good football. The Hibs squad has an excitement to it with Allan, Vela, Mallan Newell, Horgan who all look like good football players. Experienced legendary Hibs back line with Jackson looking a shrew addition. 2 worries I have is - the strikers and lack of pace without boyle and lack of width Paul Heckingbottom plays especially on the large Easter Road Pitch. I can see both clubs finishing in the top 6. I predict Hibs to finish Above Hearts around 4th place.

I look forward to coming to Easter Road this season, great atmosphere, great stadium and hopfully we will see you guys playing the hibs attacking way!! :thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 12:32 AM
Welcome. Enjoy the reading.

spike220
31-07-2019, 05:42 AM
Hi all,

I have recentley joined this site as i often find myself looking at it! I actually just support scottish football as a whole. While i have family who support Hibs and Hearts my involvment in the game has stopped me supporting a club! When i say involvment i am not someone you have heard of ha ha ... just in the back ground! Like i say above i support scottish football as a whole and stick up for it until im blue in the face. :greengrin.

What I find funny about football fans forums is when you read the rivals forums!.... What ever is being said on the one 99% of the time you will find the complete opposite on the other. For example - Hibs exciting recent take over. All you find on your rivals kickback forum is that Ron is this and that. trying to pick holes in all things negative. On here its of course all positive and so forth! Same with players - Hibs sign a player hes instantly rubbish over the road and same when Hearts sign one on here. Hopefully I don't get abuse or told im a Hearts fans if I say something against the grain sometimes I can assure you im not a "supporter" of any club.

So on that point I hope you will enjoy having an unbiased view on here from time to time!

IF you care? My view on the 2 Edinburgh clubs? it will be tight in terms of league position Hearts have built there squad for that small tight narrow tynecastle pitch and will be hard to beat and take points there especially in the bigger games (Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen). While there style is not attractive it can be effective at home. A back line of Smith Halkett Berra and the young chap who will no doubt play left back is a good SPL level defence. There front 2 of Washington and Uche might not score 30 goals between them but they will be a nightmare to play against physically on that tight pitch with the added quality of Naismith. YOU guys will play attractive good football. The Hibs squad has an excitement to it with Allan, Vela, Mallan Newell, Horgan who all look like good football players. Experienced legendary Hibs back line with Jackson looking a shrew addition. 2 worries I have is - the strikers and lack of pace without boyle and lack of width Paul Heckingbottom plays especially on the large Easter Road Pitch. I can see both clubs finishing in the top 6. I predict Hibs to finish Above Hearts around 4th place.

I look forward to coming to Easter Road this season, great atmosphere, great stadium and hopfully we will see you guys playing the hibs attacking way!! :thumbsup:

Is that you Rod?

The_Horde
31-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Is that you Rod?

Isn't he the boss admin of hibs.net?

LancsHibs
31-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Hi all,

Nonsense, we will destroy Hearts cos they are pish!

Hibee Mac
31-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Hi all,

Cheers for the posting and welcome, think this could be a good thing for a lot of poster on here (myself included!) to hear an un-biased opinion on things.

Think you are correct about needing to recruit more pace/width, particularly now that Boyle is out for the foreseeable. I actually think if Hecky is planning on playing a 4-3-3 we could do with specifically finding someone suited to one of the wide forward positions (i.e a winger but also a goal threat). I get the feeling he's trying to see if Shaw can merge into on of these.

Carheenlea
31-07-2019, 07:15 AM
:hmmm: I’ll wait and see how this flies, but not convinced..

Tarrahib
31-07-2019, 07:19 AM
Nonsense, we will destroy Hearts cos they are pish!
Thanks for your unbiased opinion. A well balanced reply to the post.

BILLYHIBS
31-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Welcome aboard and welcome to the best football fans forum in Scotland second to none

You will find that we also have Hearts supporting posters with Hearts user names whose opinions we respect but might not always agree with but welcome their point of view

We also have posters whose opinions we don’t agree with that then become Hearts supporters. :greengrin

Monts
31-07-2019, 07:26 AM
You would think someone that is "involved" in Scottish football would know the SPL doesn't exist anymore :wink:

Cabbage East
31-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Jesus.

matty_f
31-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

That's an interesting observation - I don't think you'll be far out with your prediction.

The 90+2
31-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Hearts won’t be hard to beat. They were getting beat 1-0 against Stenny the other evening with ten mins left and hung on against East Fido’s. In short, they are utter bottom 6 pap. Haulket is a good player though but Berra is finished and I can’t remember Souttar ever being a stand out in any game at all. I remember him being ragdolled lots though.

Apart from that, welcome.

The 90+2
31-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Jesus.

He was on the cross, not the fence 👍

hibbyfraelibby
31-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Hi all,

Grade 1? UEFA or FIFA badge?

Sammy7nil
31-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Jesus. You missed the wept :wink:

Cheers for the posting and welcome, think this could be a good thing for a lot of poster on here (myself included!) to hear an un-biased opinion on things.

I agree :top marks

jacomo
31-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Hearts won’t be hard to beat. They were getting beat 1-0 against Stenny the other evening with ten mins left and hung on against East Fido’s. In short, they are utter bottom 6 pap. Haulket is a good player though but Berra is finished and I can’t remember Souttar ever being a stand out in any game at all. I remember him being ragdolled lots though.

Apart from that, welcome.

They'll be hard for us to beat, because they often succeed in dragging us down to their level in derby matches.

The 90+2
31-07-2019, 01:09 PM
They'll be hard for us to beat, because they often succeed in dragging us down to their level in derby matches.

Yeah that’s about right I suppose.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Hearts are always hard to beat at Tynie, no one outwith the OF goes there and wins regularly. Even the poorer Hearts teams have decent home records, and this one will be no different I'm sure.

Jones28
31-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Nobodies called him a Yam yet?

hibbyfraelibby
31-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Nobodies called him a Yam yet?
....cos they are now Duncans

Just Jimmy
31-07-2019, 02:21 PM
yeah, I have my doubts.

last less than a month I'd guess.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
31-07-2019, 02:56 PM
How’s this went down on kickback?

erin go bragh
31-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Hearts are always hard to beat at Tynie, no one outwith the OF goes there and wins regularly. Even the poorer Hearts teams have decent home records, and this one will be no different I'm sure.

Killie won twice at their PBS last season. Their old pitch surface was brutal to try and play football on it . Now with the better surface it’s just the small size of the pitch that restricts teams playing with width . They lost a good few times a home last season and here’s hoping that continues this season .

Stevie Reid
31-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Killie won twice at their PBS last season. Their old pitch surface was brutal to try and play football on it . Now with the better surface it’s just the small size of the pitch that restricts teams playing with width . They lost a good few times a home last season and here’s hoping that continues this season .

Fingers crossed. 7 is a large number of home games for them, though I’ll stand by the remark that outwith the OF no one does it regularly. Killie have a good recent record, as you say.

chrisski33
31-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Sure the fence isnt up your @ss?

jacomo
31-07-2019, 06:52 PM

I don’t think the swish new pitch helps Leveins hoofball at all.

Here’s Lucy!
31-07-2019, 09:01 PM
On the fence?

Seriously?

onthefence
31-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys (from most)!

The people who are having a slight go I’m not to sure your reason? I just enjoy chatting about football with other football minded people.

Anyway can’t please everyone :-)

hfc rd
31-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Hi all,

Welcome on board 👍🏾

An interesting observation. Would happily take 4th place and a return to European football. We’ve got the nucleus of a good team but I don’t think Hecky knows what his best starting XI is yet.

I reckon Hearts will struggle, especially with Haring injured and haven’t found a replacement for him. Plus they have no creative players and seem to play one way and that is hoofing it up the park to Uche. Halkett looks a decent signing but Berra looks finished.

Here’s Lucy!
31-07-2019, 09:45 PM

The people who are having a slight go I’m not to sure your reason? I just enjoy chatting about football with other football minded people.

Too.

01-08-2019, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

Welcome.

Have you signed up on Kickback yet? Being unbiased you should be able to say exactly the same on there as you did here so copying and pasting your post above will save you a lot of typing. You might want leave out the bit about looking forward to coming to Easter Road though. :greengrin

Come back and tell us how it goes down, particularly the bit about them finishing below us. :thumbsup:

jacomo
01-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Welcome.

But Hibs.net doesn’t suffer fools gladly, and we get a fair few trolls.

Don’t be a prick and you’ll be alright (or at least wait until you’re an admin).

Scott Allan Key
02-08-2019, 12:23 AM
Jesus.He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk