PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Mirren

Diclonius
30-07-2019, 10:36 PM
I wasn't at the game tonight, but based on what I've seen would go with the following:

Marciano

James Jackson Hanlon Mackie

Mallan Vela Allan

Murray Kamberi Horgan

B.H.F.C
30-07-2019, 10:39 PM
Kamberi has played himself in to the side in the last few games. He’s the definite starter for me if we go with one up top.

Mallan, Allan and Vela need to be in the team for me.

I think there are a few places up for grabs. Boyle being injured could even see a bit of a difference with the shape.

1875STEVE
30-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Marciano

James Jackson Hanlon Mackie

Mallan Vella Allan

Newell Kamberi Horgan

DTS
30-07-2019, 10:47 PM
For me I think the majority of the team picks itself bar 3 positions, right centre back between McGregor or Jackson and who plays on the wings which it will be 2 out of Newell Horgan and Murray most likely the first two.

Expect to see this

Marciano
James Jackson Hanlon mackie
Mallan Vella Allan
Horgan Kamberi. Newell

Subs: maxwell McGregor Murray Shaw Doidge Whittaker slivka

Hibernian32
31-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Think we will go two up top against ST Mirren also can't see Doidge not starting after the fee we paid.

Rocky

James. Daz. Jackson. Mackie

Vela.

Horgan. Allan. Newell

Kamberi. Doidge.

Forza Fred
31-07-2019, 02:48 AM
Hecky hasn’t given much away with his rotations, but this is the side I think he’ll plonk for.

I think Flo could count himself unlucky.

Marciano
James Jackson McGregor Mackie
Mallan Vella Allan
Horgan Doidge Newell

Subs: Maxwell Hanlon Murray Shaw Kamberi Whittaker slivka[/QUOTE]

gazman
31-07-2019, 05:30 AM
Since Hecky never signed Allan and isn’t his style of player I have major worries that he will not be a regular starter.Although there has been rotation he has been benched three times .He may start against St Mirren given the level of opposition but I think we will find him on the bench more than starting .now we all know how good Allan is but does Hecky!Doidge is a certain starter on Sat regardless how well Kamberi has done.

Heisenberg
31-07-2019, 05:42 AM
I think we’ll go:

Maxwell

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
James

Horgan
Vela
Mallan
Allan
Newell

Kamberi

sauzee=legend
31-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Rocky

James Daz Jackson Mackie

Vela
Horgan Mallan Allan Newell

Flo

we are hibs
31-07-2019, 07:19 AM
Marciano, James, Jackson, Hanlon, Mackie, Allan, Mallan, Vela, Horgan, Newell, Kamberi

Steve20
31-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Since Hecky never signed Allan and isn’t his style of player I have major worries that he will not be a regular starter.Although there has been rotation he has been benched three times .He may start against St Mirren given the level of opposition but I think we will find him on the bench more than starting .now we all know how good Allan is but does Hecky!Doidge is a certain starter on Sat regardless how well Kamberi has done.

Allan is easily our best player. If he isn't starting him, then questions should be asked if he has a clue what he's doing.

I can't believe some people would play Jackson over Daz. Surely not.

A front three of Horgan, Doidge and Newell isn't going to do much. Kamberi has to start over Doidge, as he's just a far better player. We need to be bringing someone in with pace for the wing too. Preferably before Saturday as our team looks to lack pace big time.

Saturday should be.

Rocky

James
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie

Vela
Mallan
Allan

Horgan
Newell (would prefer a new signing in here)
Kamberi

This is based on him probably going with one up top and two wide. My preferred formation is always a back 3, but I'm not sure we have people available to play wing back for that at the moment.

Brightside
31-07-2019, 07:33 AM
I really like Jackson but him and Daz aren’t as strong together. For me they are playing for the RCB position. I can only see Hanlon getting dropped if he’s injured as he’s the more natural LCB. Once Porto is fit we have an odd situation of having 3 very good RCBs. May well start seeing a back 3 being deployed

MWHIBBIES
Kamberi has to start, our best striker.

scoopyboy
My take,

Rocky

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Vela
Mallan
Allan

Horgan
Kamberi
Newall

Only big decisions for me is McGregor or Jackson to partner Hanlon and whether Newall starts or he starts both Doidge and Kamberi

jonny
31-07-2019, 07:36 AM
Up until last night I was pretty sure that Mackie would start on Saturday but the fact he was given a lot longer than the other fullbacks would suggest to me it'll be Whitaker at RB and James at LB.
I think Jackson will probably start with Hanlon as well.
I think the goalkeeper position is still Rockys to lose.

Hecky seems to quite like having 2 up top but if he only goes with the 1 then I've no doubt Flo will get the nod ahead of Doidge.

I think we'll have a midfield 5 of Vela, Mallan, Allan, Horgan and Newell with Allan supporting Flo when we're attacking.
If we go 2 up front then I suspect Mallan may be the one to drop out for Doidge.

ian cruise
31-07-2019, 07:38 AM
Given how well Allan has played preseason theres no way hes not starting. Suspect we'll see a three of Mallan, Vela and Allan.

franck sauzee
31-07-2019, 07:38 AM
I think we’ll go:

Maxwell

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
James

Horgan
Vela
Mallan
Allan
Newell

Kamberi

That's the team for me also apart from I think Rocky will start in goals. Mackie played 89 mins last night. Be shocked if he started on Saturday because of that

Diclonius
31-07-2019, 09:27 AM
For me I think the majority of the team picks itself bar 3 positions, right centre back between McGregor or Jackson and who plays on the wings which it will be 2 out of Newell Horgan and Murray most likely the first two.

Expect to see this

Marciano
James Jackson Hanlon mackie
Mallan Vella Allan
Horgan Kamberi. Newell

Subs: maxwell McGregor Murray Shaw Doidge Whittaker slivka

Yup, that will more than likely be the team.

number9dream
31-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Will Boyle's injury lead to a rethink on a 4-3-3? If not, then it will be Horgan and Newell in the wide positions and Horgan is maybe not quite as effective on the right.
It's debatable if our strikers have done enough to merit going with two up top, while Mallan, Allan & Vela are the fulcrum of the team and need to be playing in their best positions.
With Mackie and Murray playing over 80 minutes each, I suspect both will be on the bench at the weekend.

wookie70
31-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Flo has to start. We are so much more dynamic with his runs dragging the defense around. Doidge might work if we get players around him but I've not been too impressed with him so far and he is pretty one paced and not very mobile. Horgan and Newell have been the pick of the wide players so not sure if Boyle would have started but he is a big miss to the squad. Daz is a bit ahead of Jackson for me but happy with either. Mackie has done enough to show he is capable and I would strt him on the left and James on teh right and make sure Vela or Newell know that they have to help him out a bit.

CMurdoch
31-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
James

Horgan
Vela
Mallan
Allan
Newell

Doidge

Would prefer us to have played a back 3 to allow us to add Kamberi upfront and for Murray to play instead of Newell but it ain't happening.

HibsGW
31-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Marciano
3 cbs, 2 wing backs
James, Hanlon, McGregor, Jackson, Mackie
Slivka, Murray, Mallan
Allan
Kamberi

hibbyfraelibby
31-07-2019, 12:21 PM
I think over the Betfred and friendly last night that Kamberi, Allan, Whittaker, James, Jackson, Vela, Horgan have played themselves into the starting XI.

04Sauzee
31-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Marciano
3 cbs, 2 wing backs
James, Hanlon, McGregor, Jackson, Mackie
Slivka, Murray, Mallan
Allan
Kamberi

Not sure if St Mirren play with 2 up top, not sure there is a need for 3 CB's

danhibees1875
31-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Tricky one.

We have a backline littered with injuries, a midfield that works best as a 5 supporting 1 up front, and 2 forwards that are better suited to playing with someone (IMO).

Marciano
Porteous McGregor Hanlon
James Mallan Vela Allan Mackie
Kamberi Doidge

Or

Marciano
James Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Murray Vela Mallan
Allan
Kamberi Doidge

Torto7
31-07-2019, 12:26 PM
For this week I'd go with a diamond.

Ofir
James
Daz
Jackson
Whittaker maybe even Hanlon (I'm not convinced by Mackie at LB,sorry)
Vela-DM
Mallan-RCM
Newell-LCM
Allan-AM
Doidge
Kamberi.

Harsh on Horgan but he'll run riot from the bench and I'd start him against the zombies.

J-C
31-07-2019, 12:31 PM
We went 4-2-3-1 when Allan came on and the team had a better balance.

Rocky

James
Daz/Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Vela
Mallan

Horgan
Allan
Murray

Flo.

Wasn't impressed with Newell last night and at the moment I'd gave Murray in ahead of him but I think Heckingbottom will play Newell.

JimBHibees
31-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Tricky one.

We have a backline littered with injuries, a midfield that works best as a 5 supporting 1 up front, and 2 forwards that are better suited to playing with someone (IMO).

Marciano
Porteous McGregor Hanlon
Kamberi Doidge

Or

Marciano
Murray Vela Mallan
Allan
Kamberi Doidge

That would be my team apart from Jackson in for Porto who dont think will be considered this early in the season.

ancient hibee
31-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Tricky one.

Marciano
Porteous McGregor Hanlon
Kamberi Doidge

Or

Marciano
Murray Vela Mallan
Allan
Kamberi Doidge

Porteous won’t play.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2019, 03:35 PM
St Mirren are still bringing in players this week with no time to gell with Squad
Whatever team we go with this needs to be a comfortable Win Even allowing for injuries we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Upper
31-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Rocky

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Newell
Vela
Allan
Horgan

Kamberi
Doidge

hfc-1875
31-07-2019, 04:31 PM
I have a bad feeling he isn’t going to start with Scott Allan. As we’ve seen Hecky likes to play 4-4-2 and I don’t think that suits Allan. Hope I’m wrong as he’s our best player and get off to a win with a formation that suits all our best players.

jax67
31-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Think we will go two up top against ST Mirren also can't see Doidge not starting after the fee we paid.

Rocky

James. Daz. Jackson. Mackie

Vela.

Horgan. Allan. Newell

Kamberi. Doidge.

That’s the team for me. Two up top at home to St Mirren is a must.
Think Allan and Vela are a good match in the Middle.

J-C
31-07-2019, 04:51 PM
I have a bad feeling he isn’t going to start with Scott Allan. As we’ve seen Hecky likes to play 4-4-2 and I don’t think that suits Allan. Hope I’m wrong as he’s our best player and get off to a win with a formation that suits all our best players.

He played 4-3-3 then 4-2-3-1 last night, been 4-3-3 most of pre season.

number9dream
31-07-2019, 07:15 PM
Allan, Vela & Mallan are nailed on starters, surely?
It’s about building the rest of the team around those guys.

CloudSquall
31-07-2019, 07:21 PM
Usually I'd prefer 2 up front but I think we need to have Vela Mallan and Allan starting, total flair is back.

Marciano

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Horgan
Mallan
Vela
Allan
Newell

Kamberi

04Sauzee
31-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Allan, Vela & Mallan are nailed on starters, surely?
It’s about building the rest of the team around those guys.

Spot on

MWHIBBIES
31-07-2019, 08:18 PM

He played Kamberi on the left for months last season instead of playing 442 so I'm not sure that's true.

hfc rd
31-07-2019, 09:18 PM
Marciano

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Vela
Allan

Horgan
Kamberi
Newall

subs:
Maxwell
Whittaker
McGregor
Slivka
F.Murray
Shaw
Doidge

Smartie
31-07-2019, 09:52 PM
I used to think Flo needed another striker up there with him but I don't any more.

What he does need is support and players nearby supporting him, and they don't have to be strikers.

He's perfectly capable of playing well with wingers up there with him and the centre of midfield not too far away, and Hibs have looked like they've been trying to make that happen.

I still don't fancy any 2 in central midfield but I think Vela, Allan and Mallan would be very strong together.

Nicho87
31-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Marciano

Whittaker McGregor Hanlon Mackie

Mallan Vela
Horgan Allan

Doidge Kamberi

B.H.F.C
31-07-2019, 09:59 PM
I still don't fancy any 2 in central midfield but I think Vela, Allan and Mallan would be very strong together.

No way we can play with just two in the middle of the park, none of the combinations work. It’s got to be those three playing and build the team from there.

One out and out striker isn’t negative if we have Horgan, Newell, Allan and Mallan all supporting. All got goals and assists in them and well keep the ball much better.

Since452
01-08-2019, 06:43 AM
St Mirren just got shafted 7-1 by Hearts and have been woefull in the Betfed games. Hopefully a comfortable win. We need 3 points going in to the Rangers game

JimBHibees
01-08-2019, 06:54 AM
He played 4-3-3 then 4-2-3-1 last night, been 4-3-3 most of pre season.

Second half looked more like 4411 to me with Murray and Vela central.

J-C
01-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Second half looked more like 4411 to me with Murray and Vela central.

Possibly, very versatile formations that can move from attack to defence, Allan definitely playing just behind Doidge when he came on.

flash
01-08-2019, 07:57 AM
St Mirren just got shafted 7-1 by Hearts and have been woefull in the Betfed games. Hopefully a comfortable win. We need 3 points going in to the Rangers game

Any win will do for me.