PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: YRIK GALANTES SEALS GALA FAIRYDEAN LOAN

RSS Bot
30-07-2019, 08:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10160)

Ozyhibby
30-07-2019, 09:17 PM
I think this is a great strategy by Hibs putting all the young players out on loan and playing adult football. The reserve league is not ideal preparation for moving to the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
30-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Why is that most of our guys are finding their way into the lowland leagues. Not a criticism just wondering why it's not league one etc

Edit.. Hope he has a fantastic loan

truehibernian
30-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Why is that most of our guys are finding their way into the lowland leagues. Not a criticism just wondering why it's not league one etc

I agree with you - they need to be loaned to a higher level than this :aok:

bigwheel
30-07-2019, 10:03 PM

These youngster aren’t good / experienced enough yet for regular league one football ...

04Sauzee
30-07-2019, 10:16 PM
These youngster aren’t good / experienced enough yet for regular league one football ...

That's absolutely fair enough. Plus they can still play in our development friendlies.

Ozyhibby
30-07-2019, 10:18 PM
I agree with you - they need to be loaned to a higher level than this :aok:

Lowland league is a higher level than the reserve league. They have to go where they will get game time.

Mibbes Aye
30-07-2019, 10:19 PM

I would add that I think we have good working relationships in the Borders and have a fairly lengthy record of friendly and dev matches as art of pre-season prep.

The_Horde
30-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Lowland league is a higher level than the reserve league. They have to go where they will get game time.

Am I right in thinking Yrik is still very young?

Perhaps a toughening up spell.

lyonhibs
31-07-2019, 05:47 AM
Based solely on his fantastic name, I hope this loan is the making of him and he comes back to become an absolute Hibs legend.

Gmack7
31-07-2019, 06:11 AM

17, good prospect and a good move imo

Scottie
31-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Poor lad having to spend 12 months in Gala, you wouldn't wish that on anyone :duck:

Good luck Yrik

Stevie Reid
31-07-2019, 08:25 AM

Indeed. PH also said when we withdrew from the reserve league that we need to send players to teams who will develop them in a way that most benefits us, i.e. play them in the player's/our preferred position.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Been a year since I've seen him play - he was very lightweight then, but looked like he had a lot of ability.

Pretty Boy
31-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Hibs have a progressive pathway with young players.

Galantes is young and still a bit away from being ready for a 1st team place hence he is at the beginning of that pathway and going to the Lowland League. If he does well there he will progress to League 1/2 level next season.

Jamie Gullan is a good example of this in action having gone from Gala to Queens Park to Raith Rovers and now he's around the 1st team.

Hibbyradge
31-07-2019, 09:08 AM
Based solely on his fantastic name, I hope this loan is the making of him and he comes back to become an absolute Hibs legend.

Yrik Galantes at Gala Fairydean.

Just perfect.

What a time to be alive!

greenlex
01-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Possibly the first current gala player to be involved in international football at the same time?

WeeRussell
01-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Possibly the first current gala player to be involved in international football at the same time?

I would say definitely currently, and most likely ever :confused:

Mibbes Aye
01-08-2019, 06:17 PM
I would say definitely currently, and most likely ever :confused:

Not at the same time, but John Collins turned out a few times for them I think, benefit matches and the like.

He actually signed terms with them around five years ago, just for a few months but I’m not convinced he ever played.

Still actively involved in using his profile to support the club.

hibbyfraelibby
01-08-2019, 07:35 PM

These young guys would not be guatanteed pkaying time every week in League2 never mind League2 so by going to the 5th tier they will progress their development on field. The next step will be the following season to step up to L2.

Time was Hibs and Hearts played a colts team in the okd East of Scotland league to get just this kind of experience

WeeRussell
02-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Not at the same time, but John Collins turned out a few times for them I think, benefit matches and the like.

He actually signed terms with them around five years ago, just for a few months but I’m not convinced he ever played.

Still actively involved in using his profile to support the club.

I actually thought Collins maybe played with them competitively before Hibs (could well be wrong though), hence was keen on emphasising at the same time.

Turnbullsmate
02-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Poor lad having to spend 12 months in Gala, you wouldn't wish that on anyone :duck:

Good luck Yrik

I would jump at the chance HP.....try living in Maesteg, South Wales. Desperate place/s down here . This guy looks a prospect and seems committed to succeed

Hibby Bairn
02-08-2019, 02:27 PM
You could turn this whole argument on its head and say that Hibs should only be recruiting and developing players who at age 18 (he is nearly 18) who can be loaned into minimum Championship. Raise our expectations and we will bring better and stronger players through. Imo. Glenn Middleton is bring loaned to Breda. Ours are off to Gala, Spartans and CSS.

bigwheel
02-08-2019, 02:29 PM
You could turn this whole argument on its head and say that Hibs should only be recruiting and developing players who at age 18 (he is nearly 18) who can be loaned into minimum Championship. Raise our expectations and we will bring better and stronger players through. Imo. Glenn Middleton is bring loaned to Breda. Ours are off to Gala, Spartans and CSS.

I’m sure we would love to have a group of 18 year olds who could play in the championship ...the ones we do have will be getting game time for us ...the gap isn’t so big to set that as a goal...kids need competitive football, they can’t expect many to go from development matches to championship first team games ...