PDA

View Full Version : Turnstiles FF

macca70
30-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Absolute Shambles, Half the turnstiles are shut,

Police trying to clear the queue off the road as there still seems to be traffic coming round Albion rd, guessing they haven’t closed the road off.

The automated turnstiles not even working, there’s humans behind the turnstiles with hand scanners!!

What are Hibs playing at, total amateur set up!!

hibee_girl
30-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Same story waiting to get into the East

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Same story with turnstiles shut at the West.

wookie70
30-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Humans scanning tickets in west but they hardly communicate so you look a right idiot scanning your tickets as the wee reader hides the lassie scanning. What is it with Hibs and ticketing

oldbutdim
30-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Absolute Shambles, Half the turnstiles are shut,

Police trying to clear the queue off the road as there still seems to be traffic coming round Albion rd, guessing they haven’t closed the road off.

The automated turnstiles not even working, there’s humans behind the turnstiles with hand scanners!!

What are Hibs playing at, total amateur set up!!

Having humans there too is a splendid idea.

dphibs
30-07-2019, 06:45 PM
I’ve just used the ff lower with an upper ticket!!

overdrive
30-07-2019, 06:46 PM
A total shambles. Are Hibs expecting folk to turn up an hour in advance? I’ve been on the queue for 20 mins

Keith_M
Sounds a shambles

overdrive

Told me I wasn’t allowed. 27-28 only

Since90+2
30-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Considering this happened at the Alloa game it's a disgrace they've not sorted it.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Have they delayed kick off?

oldbutdim
30-07-2019, 06:52 PM
No

SteveHFC
Have they delayed kick off?

Nope.

Diclonius
Better get to the stadium early on Saturday lads.

Speedway
30-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Rod wouldn’t have stood for this.

Chorley Hibee
30-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Not a single steward/policeman in sight at the back of the East to deal with the absolute shambles that took place this evening. Nothing has changed from the farce of the previous two weeks.

Saturday is going to be chaos!

Eyrie
30-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Not a single steward/policeman in sight at the back of the East to deal with the absolute shambles that took place this evening. Nothing has changed from the farce of the previous two weeks.

Saturday is going to be chaos!

They'll have to treble the number of stewards with scanners and have them on duty from half two.

GreenCastle
30-07-2019, 07:36 PM
3 games in a row it’s been a shambles and stadium isn’t even close to capacity.

MartinfaePorty
30-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Quickest time to get into the East Stand of the 3 games so far (5 minutes at 7.40), but the queue at the FF was very bad, as was the South with hundreds of Toon fans queuing down the ramp and on to the street.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Steven79
30-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Quickest time to get into the East Stand of the 3 games so far (5 minutes at 7.40), but the queue at the FF was very bad, as was the South with hundreds of Toon fans queuing down the ramp and on to the street.

Roll on Saturday!

arrival
30-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Used print at home tickets for Alloa and Arbroath games. Neither worked and steward with hand held scanner let me in both times. This is in Lower West. Paid for tonights game to be added to my season ticket. Tried and rejected at 3 turnstiles:grr:. Stewards said I would need to find a Supervisor. Eventually found one who told me to join the end of the ticket queue. As it was about a hundred yards long and KO was approaching I came home.

The Captain....
30-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Used print at home tickets for Alloa and Arbroath games. Neither worked and steward with hand held scanner let me in both times. This is in Lower West. Paid for tonights game to be added to my season ticket. Tried and rejected at 3 turnstiles:grr:. Stewards said I would need to find a Supervisor. Eventually found one who told me to join the end of the ticket queue. As it was about a hundred yards long and KO was approaching I came home.Also went home..absolutely shambolic from Hibs. The new system clearly doesn't work and contingencies are woefully inadequate. Fuming.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
30-07-2019, 07:57 PM
This can't be allowed to happen again on Saturday.

Steven79
30-07-2019, 07:58 PM
This can't be allowed to happen again on Saturday.

Good job it's not a game against Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers or Celtic on Saturday...

Chorley Hibee
30-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Also went home..absolutely shambolic from Hibs. The new system clearly doesn't work and contingencies are woefully inadequate. Fuming.

Nothing annoys me more than reading this, the club actively discourage fans to attend games at times.

No doubt we'll be treated to the usual lip service with zero action to remedy the problems.

Stuart93
30-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Definitely needs to be sorted for Saturday

hibee_girl
30-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Definitely needs to be sorted for Saturday

We’ve already decided to go early on Saturday just in case.

overdrive
30-07-2019, 09:10 PM
The Hibs employed steward, grey hair and glasses, who was at the turnstiles at the West end of the FF just after the match started did not deal with the situation at all well. He was downright rude to several people and didn’t seem to give a toss about the situation.

Aside from the new scanners very obviously being a crock of ***** and also the apparent lack of thorough testing before implementing them, why have they been shutting turnstiles? This has made a bad situation worse.

Stuart93
30-07-2019, 09:11 PM
We’ve already decided to go early on Saturday just in case.

Likewise

ancient hibee
30-07-2019, 09:14 PM
Hopefully everyone affected by the shambles tonight will contact the club to tell them.

Real Emerald
30-07-2019, 09:15 PM
The Hibs employed steward, grey hair and glasses, who was at the turnstiles at the West end of the FF just after the match started did not deal with the situation at all well. He was downright rude to several people and didn’t seem to give a toss about the situation.

Aside from the new scanners very obviously being a crock of ***** and also the apparent lack of thorough testing before implementing them, why have they been shutting turnstiles? This has made a bad situation worse.

It’s seems to be meeting the same fate as every new “improved” computer system being introduced these days. Not working, not tested properly and not fit for purpose, well at least that’s my experience of them all.

BlackSheep
30-07-2019, 09:16 PM
Turnstiles in the East weren’t even working properly, scanning tickets correctly then not allowing the ticket holder through, thankfully stewards had machines to reset the ticket. I’m sure it’s teething problems but let’s hope it’s better for Saturday.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2019, 09:17 PM
I got to the ground at 7.25 and only just made kick off. 20 minutes to get in at a game with the ground considerably less than half full isn't great.

No idea why only one set of turnstiles to the FF upper were open, if the other set weren't upgraded yet then that just screams bad planning. If they were left closed through choice then the same comment about planning still applies.

It just seemed a bit of a shambles, my ticket scanned OK but once again multiple tickets didn't seem to work either in the scanner or with a steward manually scanning them. Hopefully it' s something that is looked at as a matter of urgency before Saturday.

GreenCastle
30-07-2019, 09:24 PM

We complain about the shambles at Dunfermline so crap to hear we can’t get he away end right either - makes Hibs look Mickey Mouse.

Only way I can see it improving is if majority have ST cards and they open more turnstiles.

Scanning the QR codes on phones also slow the queues down - mainly due to the angle and difficult folk have scanning compared to say a flat airport scanner.

The other thing I find frustrating are the stewards. They seem to lack basic communication skills to help which can be frustrating.

seanshow
30-07-2019, 09:24 PM
That's Three trial runs they've had to sort it out, no excuses now if it's not perfect come Saturday at 3pm

... there was a bit of mickey taking at the east stand as a fan held the emergency door open so the steward couldn't close it,
eventually the stewards came to their senses and started scanning the crowd in at the emergency doors.

The Captain....
30-07-2019, 09:26 PM
I got to the ground at 7.25 and only just made kick off. 20 minutes to get in at a game with the ground considerably less than half full isn't great.

No idea why only one set of turnstiles to the FF upper were open, if the other set weren't upgraded yet then that just screams bad planning. If they were left closed through choice then the same comment about planning still applies.

It just seemed a bit of a shambles, my ticket scanned OK but once again multiple tickets didn't seem to work either in the scanner or with a steward manually scanning them. Hopefully it' s something that is looked at as a matter of urgency before Saturday.Someone at the club..not necessarily Dempster..needs to stand up and be accountable for this shambles. A full apology and acknowledgement that there are fundamental and basic inadequacies with the new system and a clear contingency plan that minimises disruption for Saturday is the least we should expect.

I hope Hibs kept the receipt for this system as they've been shafted for some absolutely ***** technology and compounded the problem with a lack of rigorous testing.

Someone needs their erse booted up and down Easter Road for this.

Del Boy
30-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Complete farce tonight. Joined queue for the east at 7:25 and missed kick off!!

macca70
30-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Someone at the club..not necessarily Dempster..needs to stand up and be accountable for this shambles. A full apology and acknowledgement that there are fundamental and basic inadequacies with the new system and a clear contingency plan that minimises disruption for Saturday is the least we should expect.

I hope Hibs kept the receipt for this system as they've been shafted for some absolutely ***** technology and compounded the problem with a lack of rigorous testing.

There were 3-4 official looking folk standing behind the turnstiles at east end of FF lower, looked like they were assessing what was going on but basically laughing.

That was shambolic, luckily I sussed early on that FF Upper tickets were working on FF Lower turnstiles where there was significantly smaller queues .

Poor show from the club not to have the new system in place yet

Itsnoteasy
30-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Someone at the club..not necessarily Dempster..needs to stand up and be accountable for this shambles. A full apology and acknowledgement that there are fundamental and basic inadequacies with the new system and a clear contingency plan that minimises disruption for Saturday is the least we should expect.

Why not Dempster. She's happy to take the plaudits when things go right.

ian cruise
30-07-2019, 09:44 PM
Why not Dempster. She's happy to take the plaudits when things go right.

She can't do everything herself but she should know who in her team needs their arse booted.

Groathillgrump
30-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Took ages to get into the West Upper tonight. People in front of us had a combination of match tickets issued by Hibs and print at home but none of them scanned. We were using our season tickets that we'd had the game added to and one scanned but the other didn't. The steward who was in the concourse had to manually operate the turnstile to let people through. Kinda defeats the whole point of installing expensive scanners.

Not looking forward to trying to get in on Saturday if the system still isn't working properly.

JimBHibees
30-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Got there 725 huge queue for upper no queue for ff lower went over was told tickets would only work at upper gate which sounded like a crock. Then suddenly after game started emergency gate opened to allow extra tickets to be scanned. Delighted to miss the goal also total shambles.

Power
30-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Still on my pad and I’ll continue to push.

Spoke to the person that designed the system tonight - sensor and scanner ‘lag’ times have been improved (noticed that first hand) but massive improvements still to be completed. We can all see that.

gogs_t
30-07-2019, 09:52 PM
My season ticket wouldn't scan in the west upper and only 2 turnstiles open. But to be fair to the stewards, there was a girl in the turnstile covering both who was really helpful and she was scanning tickets that weren't working.

oldbutdim
30-07-2019, 09:58 PM
There were 3-4 official looking folk standing behind the turnstiles at east end of FF lower, looked like they were assessing what was going on but basically laughing.

That was shambolic, luckily I sussed early on that FF Upper tickets were working on FF Lower turnstiles where there was significantly smaller queues .

Poor show from the club not to have the new system in place yet

Yes I went to the wrong queue too because I've never actually read my ST and got in very quickly because of that.

Erm ......... I mean I sussed that opportunity to beat the system.
:agree:

The Captain....
30-07-2019, 10:02 PM
She can't do everything herself but she should know who in her team needs their arse booted.That's my view..I think too often she is a shield for others inadequacies at the club. It's time whoever implemented the system stopped hiding, took some responsibility and addressed the complete and utter failure of this new system.

It has get progressively worse and more chaotic with each game. I'm not sure I'd be wanting to take kids along to a full house with the current situation.

jgl07
30-07-2019, 10:15 PM
I did as well. The queues for the upper tier were very long and the match had already started. I went to the gate and was let in by the steward using a hand scanner.

I was unable to get to the Upper tier as the stairs were locked.

tamsonsbairn
30-07-2019, 10:23 PM
I am the holder of a disabled ticket for the famous 5 lower and usually get in the disabled access door. we approached the door and there were 4/5 people in front of us who were arguing with the steward who told them that in no uncertain terms they would not be allowed to come in this door. i stood behind them and once they started to move away i approached the open door and had my ticket ready to scan and was told abruptly that i could not use this entrance, i explained that i was the holder of a disabled season ticket and she told me that this entrance was for wheelchair access only i tried to tell her that i have always used this door to gain entry to the ground, she then grabbed my arm and started to push me backwards out of the door. by this time two police officers approached and told the other people who tried to get in this door that they would have to stand like everybody else before they got in. i then spoke to one of the officers and told him that i was refused entry through this door, i showed him my and my carers season tickets and he then spoke to the steward telling her that if this is the entrance i have used in the past, she was still adamant that this door was for wheelchairs only. by this time i asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they couldn't do this as they didn't have a radio. the officer then more or less demanded that i be let in through this door, then came the real reason for not letting anyone in, she told the officer that her scanner wasn't working and that is why she wasn't letting anybody in. as everyone has said that the turnstile situation has been a joke so far and were only 3/4 games into the season, god help us for saturday. GGTTH. :hibees

GreenCastle
30-07-2019, 10:29 PM
The way the doors are used also needs to be dealt with better - some people seem genuine but also you get folk who chance it or are legitimately trying to use it but get turned it as above. They need to use barriers or something to help at the doors.

Add in the nonsense we had last season of cars driving through large groups of people before a game - accident waiting to happen.

Surely there should be a road closure 30 mins minimum before he game and after ?

bookert
30-07-2019, 11:27 PM
I like every other season ticket holder was promised an improved experience in terms of ticketing and access. In all the very many years I have had a season ticket at ER I have never had a problem getting in. The bar code system used over the past few seasons worked for me perfectly. This season so far been at three games and been unable to access through the turnstiles - absolute shambles. Before I retired I used to work with IT systems and I would never have a system go live before it was tested to death. It was obvious there problems everywhere this evening as the ground only filled up 15 - 20 mins into the game. Really poor.

neil7908
31-07-2019, 12:32 AM
I am the holder of a disabled ticket for the famous 5 lower and usually get in the disabled access door. we approached the door and there were 4/5 people in front of us who were arguing with the steward who told them that in no uncertain terms they would not be allowed to come in this door. i stood behind them and once they started to move away i approached the open door and had my ticket ready to scan and was told abruptly that i could not use this entrance, i explained that i was the holder of a disabled season ticket and she told me that this entrance was for wheelchair access only i tried to tell her that i have always used this door to gain entry to the ground, she then grabbed my arm and started to push me backwards out of the door. by this time two police officers approached and told the other people who tried to get in this door that they would have to stand like everybody else before they got in. i then spoke to one of the officers and told him that i was refused entry through this door, i showed him my and my carers season tickets and he then spoke to the steward telling her that if this is the entrance i have used in the past, she was still adamant that this door was for wheelchairs only. by this time i asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they couldn't do this as they didn't have a radio. the officer then more or less demanded that i be let in through this door, then came the real reason for not letting anyone in, she told the officer that her scanner wasn't working and that is why she wasn't letting anybody in. as everyone has said that the turnstile situation has been a joke so far and were only 3/4 games into the season, god help us for saturday. GGTTH. :hibees

Sorry to hear, that's really poor from Hibs. They now have a few days to get ready for a much larger crowd on Saturday.

With the Lothian Bus strike potentially going on it will be a nightmare unless we get it sorted.

jgl07
31-07-2019, 12:45 AM

I arrived at 19:50 after a very slow bus journey. I dived into the FF Lower despite having a ticket for the FF Upper. I got in right away with a steward on a exit door with a hand held scanner. I walked through the tunnel just in time to see the Hibs goal.

The ground was actually considerably more than half full. I take your point about the turnstiles. It has been the same for every match this season although I have got through almost instantly every time using the exit gates.

I just hope the problem is sorted out soon. If this was happening for a match against Hearts or Celtic or Sevco, the consequences do not bear thinking about.

H18 SFR
31-07-2019, 01:15 AM

Spoke to the person that designed the system tonight - sensor and scanner ‘lag’ times have been improved (noticed that first hand) but massive improvements still to be completed. We can all see that.

I really hope we haven't paid a fortune up front for a system that clearly hasn't been real time tested.

jakedance
31-07-2019, 01:43 AM
The wee QR codes clearly aren’t scanning as well as the old bar codes. The scanner isn’t picking them up well and you have to be really precise in where you place the ticket. Pretty shambolic really.

crash
31-07-2019, 05:01 AM
The wee QR codes clearly aren’t scanning as well as the old bar codes. The scanner isn’t picking them up well and you have to be really precise in where you place the ticket. Pretty shambolic really.
Has the club explained why a new system was needed only a few seasons after we introduced the barcode system which fans were now familiar with.
Don't feel a new system can be justified.

JimBHibees
31-07-2019, 05:20 AM

That is a shocker. Bottom line is if the system isn't working until it is go back to the days of a person in each turnstile checking all tickets so that fans get in for the kick off. Was swithering about going last night glad I did as game was good however having to wait 30 mins to get in and miss the Hibs goal was lets say disappointing.

CB_NO3
31-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Has the club explained why a new system was needed only a few seasons after we introduced the barcode system which fans were now familiar with.

Exactly my thoughts.

ValleyHibee
31-07-2019, 05:41 AM
Had ticket for FF Upper,entry by turnstile 27-28 or 31-32,only 27-28 open,queue horrendous,then someone in queue for 27(cheers) shouted out that paper tickets could get in the accessible gate as they were using hand held scanners and worked no pros,walking upstairs just as Hibs scored,must be sorted for Saturday ?

Mikey
31-07-2019, 06:54 AM

Two very simple fixes would be to have all of the turnstiles open and to allow access to all turnstiles in your stand, not just restricted to upper or lower, depending on where you sit.

Billy Whizz
31-07-2019, 06:56 AM

I’m presuming so we can go paperless, using Apple wallet etc

Eyrie
31-07-2019, 07:15 AM

Have Hibs actually said anything official yet about the turnstyle problems?

Power is on the case for us, which is appreciated, but I'd expect the club to both apologise and explain what measures will be in place for Saturday.

Oscar T Grouch
31-07-2019, 07:15 AM
I’m presuming so we can go paperless, using Apple wallet etc

If they want to do that the designers of the system maybe should have thought about making the scanners big enough for all mobile phones not just some?

we are hibs
31-07-2019, 07:28 AM

Are all turnstiles going to be open on Saturday?

GreenCastle
31-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Are all turnstiles going to be open on Saturday?

Supposedly yes.

But that won’t sort the issue as more people will be in attendance and same issues will exist. Hibs won’t be able to test properly before Sunday as don’t have the volume of fans to help (like a soft opening of a stadium).

Agreed the bar codes seemed to be working fine.

I’ve tried the Apple Wallet experiment and another issue is the larger phones still take time to scan the QR code = holds up the queue as people try scan.

Ideally we need the same design as bar codes as you could lay the ticket flat and QR codes but this angled set up so far has been a step backwards.

franks
31-07-2019, 08:21 AM
Arrived at FF upper 20 mins before KO and gained entry 15 mins after KO Hibs scored as I was making my way up the stairs. Have contacted the club to complain and suggest all others who experienced problems do likewise.

Not sure how early to turn up on Saturday minimum 30 mins I would think but still may mis KO if anything like last night.

ancient hibee
31-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Have Hibs actually said anything official yet about the turnstyle problems?

Power is on the case for us, which is appreciated, but I'd expect the club to both apologise and explain what measures will be in place for Saturday.

Presumably all those posting on here about their poor experiences have already been onto the club about it.

overdrive
31-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Presumably all those posting on here about their poor experiences have already been onto the club about it.

I have. I’ll report back if I get a reply.

From memory, Colin Millar posted after one of the League Cup games and seemed to put it down to user error?

I’ve overheard stewards at all three games say to each other that it is easily the worst ticket scanning system they’ve ever come across.

Since90+2
31-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Surely to god it can't be that difficult to get scanners that scan correctly? Have the club said how much this cost.

If it's a shambles on Saturday and folk are delayed getting in then we end up going behind in the game it's going to make for a fairly unpleasant atmosphere.

Steven79
31-07-2019, 10:42 AM
I have. I’ll report back if I get a reply.

From memory, Colin Millar posted after one of the League Cup games and seemed to put it down to user error?

I’ve overheard stewards at all three games say to each other that it is easily the worst ticket scanning system they’ve ever come across.

We should have kept the old system as it worked fine.

arrival
31-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Also went home..absolutely shambolic from Hibs. The new system clearly doesn't work and contingencies are woefully inadequate. Fuming.

Quick reply to my complaint from Easter Road. Unfortunately a pretty poor one. The scanner problem is not even mentioned and they say the same as the jobsworth Supervisor "if you had waited in the queue at the Ticket Office we could have had it resolved for you and in your seat for the remainder of the game as our queue had died down by around 7.50pm" So after renewing your season ticket and then buying a further ticket the answer is just join the long queue of everyone trying to get in.

lord bunberry
31-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Quick reply to my complaint from Easter Road. Unfortunately a pretty poor one. The scanner problem is not even mentioned and they say the same as the jobsworth Supervisor "if you had waited in the queue at the Ticket Office we could have had it resolved for you and in your seat for the remainder of the game as our queue had died down by around 7.50pm" So after renewing your season ticket and then buying a further ticket the answer is just join the long queue of everyone trying to get in.
****in brilliant, they make a mess of things and put the blame on you for not wanting to queue a bit longer. They should be issuing a full apology and a guarantee that it will be fixed for Saturday.

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Also it would help especially during these difficult times if they opened the ground on time. It used to be an hour before KO, it’s getting later all the time hence the queues forming.

Chorley Hibee
31-07-2019, 12:56 PM

That's a dreadful response, but only reinforces my belief that the customer service and fan experience at Easter Road is dreadful. More depressing is the fact that it looks as if it won't be changing anytime soon.

h18eeynick
31-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Also it would help especially during these difficult times if they opened the ground on time. It used to be an hour before KO, it’s getting later all the time hence the queues forming.

I was in the East stand by about 6.50 and didnt expect them to open until 7 pm. After a 2 and a half hour drive i like to be nice and early !

Onceinawhile
31-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Arrived at FF upper 20 mins before KO and gained entry 15 mins after KO Hibs scored as I was making my way up the stairs. Have contacted the club to complain and suggest all others who experienced problems do likewise.

Not sure how early to turn up on Saturday minimum 30 mins I would think but still may mis KO if anything like last night.

We scored after 10 minutes? so you must have been in by about 5 minutes into the game. 20 minute wait isn't ideal to be fair though.

Seems like it was a shambles anyway. I'll be there earlyish on Saturday.

overdrive
31-07-2019, 05:18 PM
That's a dreadful response, but only reinforces my belief that the customer service and fan experience at Easter Road is dreadful. More depressing is the fact that it looks as if it won't be changing anytime soon.

I’ve long held the same view that customer service is poor at Hibs. I generally give which ever department it is a chance (usually they fail completely) then go straight to LD and only then does anything seem to be done.

fred4789
01-08-2019, 03:34 PM

I had more or less the same experience as you. I'm a transtibial leg amputee & was wearing shorts so my prosthetics were clearly visible. She refused me entry telling me, i didn't look disabled & to be disabled you had to be in a wheelchair. I took a note of her ID number & emailed Leaan Dempster who replied straight away promising to look into it. I then got an email from the head safety officer at Hibs who told me this would not be tolerated & he would raise it with G4S & get back to me.

PatHead
01-08-2019, 03:47 PM

Who signed that reply?

Power
01-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Just a quick note to confirm I’ve picked up a number of feedback from this thread and fed it into the club. I’ll continue to push for the best service and experience for us, regardless if that’s external suppliers.

Keep doing what you’re doing. Perseverance and support is barry - the info is great too.

Chorley Hibee
01-08-2019, 04:53 PM
I had more or less the same experience as you. I'm a transtibial leg amputee & was wearing shorts so my prosthetics were clearly visible. She refused me entry telling me, i didn't look disabled & to be disabled you had to be in a wheelchair. I took a note of her ID number & emailed Leaan Dempster who replied straight away promising to look into it. I then got an email from the head safety officer at Hibs who told me this would not be tolerated & he would raise it with G4S & get back to me.

My friend had a similar experience with G4S at the pre-season friendly at Dunfermline.

He was refused a concession ticket (despite him being in possession of the requisite entitlement card) and as he is able bodied, the G4S official at the ticket booth declared that he wasn't disabled and subsequently asked him to pay the full price.

My friend was that humiliated and upset he left without attending the match.

speedy_gonzales
01-08-2019, 06:06 PM
Do you think it would make any difference if a barcode rather than a QR code was presented?
At the end of the day, it's a 14 digit numerical reference, apps like Stocard can save it on both formats.
S'pose I'll find out on Saturday.

EastThomasSTboy
01-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Do you think it would make any difference if a barcode rather than a QR code was presented?
At the end of the day, it's a 14 digit numerical reference, apps like Stocard can save it on both formats.
S'pose I'll find out on Saturday..

Just in the interests of Balance, my Bro-in-law and I, used our first time issued Season Tickets on Tuesday ( we previously topped up our tickets via email re this game).

We arrived at the West stand at 1930hrs, no queues at our turnstile (we sit opposite the bottom 8 yard line), new plastic tickets worked perfectly first time and we strolled in no bother!!.:wink::wink::wink::wink:.

Then read this thread after game!!!

ronaldo7
01-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Just a quick note to confirm I’ve picked up a number of feedback from this thread and fed it into the club. I’ll continue to push for the best service and experience for us, regardless if that’s external suppliers.

Keep doing what you’re doing. Perseverance and support is barry - the info is great too.

Hi Kieran, you could maybe add this to your long list of ticket complaints.

I've contacted the disabled "hotline" on three occasions trying to get tickets for the league cup games, and the Newcastle game. Each time, the number has been busy, a recorded message asks you to leave your details, and a short mention of what you're after, and they'll get back to you.

Not once have they returned my calls.

I understand the office is very busy at times, however, if they say they'll get back to you, they should.

Thanks.

01-08-2019, 07:00 PM

Thanks Kieran. You keep doing what you're doing as well. You're doing a grand job.

P.S. Plenty of handheld scanners at the accessibility doors too as backup. :thumbsup:

Power
01-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Hi Kieran, you could maybe add this to your long list of ticket complaints.

I've contacted the disabled "hotline" on three occasions trying to get tickets for the league cup games, and the Newcastle game. Each time, the number has been busy, a recorded message asks you to leave your details, and a short mention of what you're after, and they'll get back to you.

Not once have they returned my calls.

I understand the office is very busy at times, however, if they say they'll get back to you, they should.

Thanks.

Perfect. I’ll flag that.

Just as a short term alternative do send tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk an email with what you need and to be called back (copying me in kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk) I’ll keep on top of that for you.

Since90+2
01-08-2019, 07:04 PM
KP seems to be doing a great job and actually doing what he promised when pitching for the role.

Do we not still have 2 fans reps though? I've only ever seen KP engage so I've no idea if we still have 2?

edit - I've found the info myself.

Anyway well done KP

Power
01-08-2019, 07:18 PM
KP seems to be doing a great job and actually doing what he promised when pitching for the role.

Do we not still have 2 fans reps though? I've only ever seen KP engage so I've no idea if we still have 2?

edit - I've found the info myself.

Anyway well done KP

Tracey is well on top of other social media channels than me and is great at face to face/stakeholder management. It works well.

ronaldo7
01-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Perfect. I’ll flag that.

Just as a short term alternative do send tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk an email with what you need and to be called back (copying me in kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk) I’ll keep on top of that for you.

:aok:

Power
02-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Tomorrow:

✅ 48 turnstiles will be open.
✅ IT solution has been put in place to make the turnstiles compatible for the mobile entry.
✅ a steward will be in every turnstile also with a hand held scanner
✅ 8 resolution points will be across the stadium.
✅ Between 9am-10am final testing complete.

Anyone need me for anything before the game I’ll keep an eye on my emails kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk 📧

Pretty Boy
02-08-2019, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the updates and your work on this Kieran. Hopefully things go smoothly tomorrow.

02-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Tomorrow:

✅ IT solution has been put in place to make the turnstiles compatible for the mobile entry.

Anyone need me for anything before the game I’ll keep an eye on my emails kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk 📧

Thanks KP. How did the testing today go?

Power
02-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Thanks KP. How did the testing today go?

All good was the update. Engineers, supplier and staff canny replicate thousands of us though. They’ve went for all contingencies until everything is stable and we become familiar with it too (must Mind myself to put caird/phone in flat and no at an angle).

02-08-2019, 06:55 PM
All good was the update. Engineers, supplier and staff canny replicate thousands of us though. They’ve went for all contingencies until everything is stable and we become familiar with it too (must Mind myself to put caird/phone in flat and no at an angle).

Brill. :aok:
Hope all goes okay tomorrow.

Chorley Hibee
02-08-2019, 07:00 PM

I've repeatedly had to put my phone at an angle as it doesn't accommodate the larger mobiles.

Mutu
03-08-2019, 12:17 PM
See these new QR codes on the phone, do you need to zoom in to allow the scanner to read them?

No guidance on the website ffs.

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 12:23 PM
See these new QR codes on the phone, do you need to zoom in to allow the scanner to read them?

The posters on the wall before the Newcastle game said don’t zoom in.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 01:07 PM
No point coming too early - still closed. Queues forming.

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Arrived early with my 3 year old to be told by a steward that there is a problem with the scanners.

green day
03-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Is this problem just the FF, or all stands?

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Arrived early with my 3 year old to be told by a steward that there is a problem with the scanners.

Useful to know, thanks.

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 01:12 PM
I'm at the FF.

SteveHFC

Hibs always much things up.

Saint Hibee
East Stand still closed ...

DTS
It’s absolutely heaving at the FF, not sure if an issue in all stands but certainly no sign of movement yet

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Just arrived at the FF and it's all a bit chaotic. A couple of folk having a go at the stewards but they don't really seem to know what's going on either.

hfc rd
03-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Turnstiles still not open at the F5

Taking an age now 😒

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Just arrived at the FF and it's all a bit chaotic. A couple of folk having a go at the stewards but they don't really seem to know what's going on either.

Stadium manager waking around but doors still closed.

we are hibs
03-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Absolute farce. Heads should roll.

hfc rd
03-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Bring back the old scanners

04Sauzee
Been hanging about 10 minutes and quess building FF upper 27 and 28

DTS

I overheard him say to someone that questioned what’s going on, “we’re just waiting on the results” obviously tested the system and it’s failed.

An absolute farce again

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Apparently kick off will be delayed according to the chat at the FF.

Danderhall Hibs
Been hanging about 10 minutes and quess building FF upper 27 and 28

Same. Give me a wave.

greenlex
Same at the West. Got Shambles written all over it.

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Seems a lot of people took Hibs advice and arrived early. Maybe best for those not yet at the ground to have another pint as nothing is happening anytime soon.

Danderhall Hibs
Open now - slow progress though.

DTS
Open now

gando
03-08-2019, 01:20 PM

No as good as the previous one

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Opened at 2:20.

Edit - lassies card scanned, mines didn't.

04Sauzee
03-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Same. Give me a wave.

Dam to late 😂 up stairs now

elevengoats
03-08-2019, 01:27 PM
How difficult is it to test everything and sort things out before the game. Wtf...

spudhib
03-08-2019, 01:28 PM
QR reader on iPhone scanned first time of asking in the east 👍🏻

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Dam to late 😂 up stairs now

See you in the queue next time 😂

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 01:30 PM
FAO KP and Tracey, this is an absolute shambles. The kids working behind the kiosk can't serve because they can't work the tills.

Golden Bear
03-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Just got in to the West. Not all turnstiles open, no huge build up as yet though.

RMQ1967
03-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Do I have time for another large one?

Ryan91
03-08-2019, 01:32 PM
East stand just fine for me, a couple turnstiles closed, but appears to be moving well

Eyrie
03-08-2019, 01:33 PM
West Upper working fine. No queues although that may be because it's still early.

staunchhibby
03-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Again another shambles stood 20mins waiting on turnstiles to open at ff

bringbackbenny
03-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Got in West upper hardly any queues.

First time using new ST it does seem very fiddly, after 2-3 shots eventually scanned with the red cross hair bang on middle of qr code.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Everything fine in the East, got in just fine

Mr Grieves
03-08-2019, 01:39 PM
There's a lot of people being kb'd at the turnstiles. We got through OK so unsure what the problem is.

leither17
03-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Walked straight into the east didn’t even have to break stride

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Guy in front of me couldn't get in and got sent to the TO. Feared the worst but got in OK. 15 minutes in a queue so a bit of an improvement on midweek.

Green-Hibee-7
03-08-2019, 01:43 PM
In all seriousness it is a disaster waiting to happen at the FF stand. When I was queuing the queues were half way onto the road with vehicles still being allowed right along past the stand.

They have traffic wardens or recovery vehicles lifting cars in the west stand doing 3 point turns in amongst Q’s.

2 turnstiles open for St Mirren fans.

The whole thing unfortunately is a shambles.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 01:45 PM
There's a lot of people being kb'd at the turnstiles. We got through OK so unsure what the problem is.

Took me a couple of attempts - think you have to leave the card for a couple of seconds for it to recognise it.

Onion
03-08-2019, 01:46 PM
ST QR not readable by machine, after 3 tries security just buzzed me through. West lower.

RyeSloan
03-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Season ticket scanned first time instantly for me...I did seem to be in the minority tho!

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 01:51 PM
I got in fine, only a 5 minute wait at the east.

There were a few having issues with the scanner but my season ticket scanned first time thankfully

Ryan91
03-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Looking rather threadbare in the stands from the East, 10 mins to KO, wonder if it might be delayed?

franck sauzee
03-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Got in but took a couple of attempts. Scanners are worse than what they were before. Never had issues previously with my season ticket scanning

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Stands looking very bare. Either a crap crowd or loads still outside.

StevesFamau5
03-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Loads outside... The east stand is literally all people queuing to get in. Utter shambles

hibeedonald
03-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Theres thousandds outside the east

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Absolute farce, turnstiles 51-52 and 43-44 closed, so much for all the turnstiles being open! Literally fed up of this nonsense and how little attention Hibs pay to what supporters are experiencing.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 02:15 PM
According to the rather abrupt female Hibernian official at the rear of the East stand, the problem is the fans turning up at ten to three.

Nothing to do with the club, the lack of stewarding, crap system, the problem is the fans.

If that doesn't sum up the contempt we are held in then nothing does.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2019, 02:49 PM
According to the rather abrupt female Hibernian official at the rear of the East stand, the problem is the fans turning up at ten to three.

Nothing to do with the club, the lack of stewarding, crap system, the problem is the fans.

I get that to an extent, however folk haven’t just started turning up at 10 to 3 this season.

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 02:52 PM
I get that to an extent, however folk haven’t just started turning up at 10 to 3 this season.

Exactly. We used to turn up about 10 to 3 last season and be able to just walk straight into a turnstile.

We didn’t want to chance that today so we came earlier.

tamig
03-08-2019, 02:53 PM
FAO KP and Tracey, this is an absolute shambles. The kids working behind the kiosk can't serve because they can't work the tills.

Aye. No probs at turnstiles for us in FF but missed first 8 minutes because of delays at food kiosks. Almost 20 minutes to get served. Seemed to be a bit chaotic.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Exactly Danderhall, it's not an unusual trait for a large proportion of the crowd to turn up at that time, and it certainly isn't exclusive to Easter Road.

According to our officials though, we are the problem, and I'd be interested to hear back from Keiran regards the statement that all turnstiles would be open, as I counted 4 closed just in my half of the stand alone.

staunchhibby
03-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Hope that Kevin and Tracy make strong protests to the board re the shambles at turnstiles for the third time in succession

Power
03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Hope that Kevin and Tracy make strong protests to the board re the shambles at turnstiles for the third time in succession

I’ve got an uncle called Kevin.

I was outside the East until 10 past three the day and there was nae failures system-wise. All turnstiles were open to all but supporters weren’t spread and utilised the middle ones mainly towards kick off.

Anything specific of note elsewhere?

Onceinawhile
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Don't think the scanners at 25 and 26 were working, but the steward at the gate scanned everything manually. Got in nice and quick.

lord bunberry
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
It all seemed to be working well in the West. It’s a bit of a faff if you’ve got a big phone, but it worked eventually.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 04:55 PM

I was outside the East until 10 past three the day and there was nae failures system-wise. All turnstiles were open to all but supporters weren’t spread and utilised the middle ones mainly towards kick off.

All turnstiles were not open, see above post where I state what numbers were closed.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 04:56 PM

43-44, and 51-52 closed just in my half of the stand alone.

Since90+2
03-08-2019, 04:57 PM

All the turnstiles were not open. One of them to get into my seat at section 43 was closed.

hibee_girl
03-08-2019, 05:00 PM

All turnstiles were not open, 43 and 44 were closed. I didn’t notixe any others but those two were definitely closed at 240.

MSK
03-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Got into gate 25 lower FF guy with hand held scanner at 2.20, got a large coke because I was thirsty, it was ****ing flat, took it back, replacement was flat, match experience for a fan in this day and age, an absolute ****ing shambles !!!

SaulGoodman
03-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Got into gate 25 lower FF guy with hand held scanner at 2.20, got a large coke because I was thirsty, it was ****ing flat, took it back, replacement was flat, match experience for a fan in this day and age, an absolute ****ing shambles !!!

That’s an absolute outrage! Have you took it further?

MSK
03-08-2019, 05:12 PM
That’s an absolute outrage! Have you took it further?Aye, ah bought a 3rd coke, 3rd time lucky and all that

Pretty Boy
03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Followed Hibs advice and got to the ground early, just after 2, and found all the turnstiles still closed. Remained that way for a almost 20 minutes. In the meantime a fair queue built up and a few folk started nipping at stewards which I thought was harsh.

Got into the ground about 15 minutes after the turnstiles opened, couple of guys in front of me got sent to the TO but I was fine. Whatever the official line is there were still issues today and telling people to get there early then opening the ground later than normal suggests that was the case as well.

GreenCastle
03-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Having experienced the farce last 3 games.

Went earlier today and got in straight away at East - about 2.35pm. How can the stadium not be open till 2.20pm? Players warm up around then ?!!

Even had a guy saying that’s it scanned on other side which was helpful.

Can’t comment on other stands.

But I find it odd that my OAP family members have to walk further and use different turnstiles at the East and they split up from us to enter the ground.

Also I think the graphics on the screen can be confusing - a simple red or green screen would be easier to understand. I know it gives the green light to go in but either doesn’t stay up long enough or goes back to other screen.

Regarding the catering and PA - nothing new as both awful. I honestly think the announcements are getting worse in the upper east - can’t even hear the player names let alone anything else. No idea who that kids team was going around the pitch at half time.

RoYO!
03-08-2019, 05:39 PM
If all the turnstiles were working fine why was there a steward inside manually scanning them, within the turnstile area itself. Hibs may not like to hear it but the queues were glacial. The new QR system is slower than the barcode. Fact.

03-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Opening all the turnstiles by 2pm should have been the easy bit to do. There's no excuse for not doing that. 2.20 is far too late. If the turnstiles had been open at 2 then the impact of any problems with the scanners would have been reduced.

BarneyBreslin
03-08-2019, 05:59 PM

Just a bit of feedback, turnstile 41 at 2:50, five season tickets presented, only one accepted. All presented the correct way. Thankfully the mysterious hand appeared and sorted it quickly for the four that didn't work. No dramas but all feedback is good feedback. Appreciate your efforts on this.

ancient hibee
03-08-2019, 05:59 PM
West stand tried six times to scan my card eventually the girl did it for me.It never happened before with the old system.Think the club have done this very poorly.

Hibs90
03-08-2019, 06:09 PM
Card didn't scan in the East, had to get in via the handheld.

It's a terrible system.

Jumbo
03-08-2019, 06:15 PM
FF upper was hand held scanner used to let me in as turnstile scanners not accepting any cards/tickets

greenlex
03-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Opening all the turnstiles by 2pm should have been the easy bit to do. There's no excuse for not doing that. 2.20 is far too late. If the turnstiles had been open at 2 then the impact of any problems with the scanners would have been reduced.
Very much this. Bonkers.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Think there was a fire alarm, that delayed opening the turnstiles

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 06:49 PM
One less pint than normal.
Arrived at East 2:35pm, nae queues and nae probs.
Helped a couple of duffers.

Morton game will be the next big test.

The system will improve and the duffers will get themselves sorted.

As for the poster who missed the first 8 minutes getting food. WTF, priorities.

CockneyRebel
03-08-2019, 06:53 PM
It all seemed to be working well in the West. It’s a bit of a faff if you’ve got a big phone, but it worked eventually.

I have an ST in the West upper and had a ticket for the Newcastle match put on it and that all went well. Went to the turnstyle today at 2:25 and my ST would not scan. Turnstyle lady tried her device and it still would not scan. She told me she could not let me in and that I had to go to the ticket office and explain the problem. I joined the ticket office queue and after approx 20 minutes I was issued with a match ticket. I went back to the turnstyle and THE MATCH TICKET would not scan on either device. Turnstyle lady said I would need to return to the ticket office. I replied "No chance. I have a VALID ST and a VALID match ticket, both issued by the club so the problem is your problem not mine". Another steward/supervisor appeared and I explained the situation and he let me in.

Good job I went early today as I just made kick off.

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Disaster

New ST did not swipe

Guy behind the turnstile had to do it for me

Back to the sixties

Would not let me give the stray waiff a lift over

West South Lower Upper

Steven79
03-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Having experienced the farce last 3 games.

Went earlier today and got in straight away at East - about 2.35pm. How can the stadium not be open till 2.20pm? Players warm up around then ?!!

Even had a guy saying that’s it scanned on other side which was helpful.

Can’t comment on other stands.

But I find it odd that my OAP family members have to walk further and use different turnstiles at the East and they split up from us to enter the ground.

Also I think the graphics on the screen can be confusing - a simple red or green screen would be easier to understand. I know it gives the green light to go in but either doesn’t stay up long enough or goes back to other screen.

Regarding the catering and PA - nothing new as both awful. I honestly think the announcements are getting worse in the upper east - can’t even hear the player names let alone anything else. No idea who that kids team was going around the pitch at half time.So what if child goes to the match with a OAP?

Do they have to go in separate?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

J-C
03-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Arrived in plenty time for the East only to have a hand appear from under the scanner asking for my card to manually scan it, here's a thought, stick the manual scanners in the turnstiles because they work.

Steven79
03-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Arrived in plenty time for the East only to have a hand appear from under the scanner asking for my card to manually scan it, here's a thought, stick the manual scanners in the turnstiles because they work.They should have stuck with the previous scanners.

CMurdoch
03-08-2019, 07:17 PM
So what if child goes to the match with a OAP?

All concessions go in the same turnstiles

jeffers
03-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Maybe one for KP, but are there plans to make the season ticket available to be added to Apple Wallet as the ones for the recent Betfred Cup games were ? Last season I scanned my ticket via StoCard and it worked a treat, but it didn't today with the season's one (admittedly I only had one go before using my actual season ticket.)

Keith_M
03-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Matchday tickets for the South Stand didn't scan and handheld scanners had to be used instead..

That's printed tickets from the Ticket Booths.

They should switch back to the previous scanners as the change obviously hasn't worked out.

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2019, 07:32 PM
Matchday tickets for the South Stand didn't scan and handheld scanners had to be used instead..

That's printed tickets from the Ticket Booths.

They should switch back to the previous scanners as the change obviously hasn't worked out.

Had this all the time at work

You would go on holiday and come back to some better cheaper software
that did not work and took you weeks to learn

False economy

weecounty hibby
03-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Turnstile 28 for FF upper. Of the six guys in front of me that I could see plus me and my laddie only two STs scanned, the rest had to be done by hand. Not a good strike rate. 2 out of 8

H18 SFR
03-08-2019, 07:38 PM
I think the club need to release some information to clear up what the issue is.

hibee
03-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Had to wait on the road nearly 15 minutes to get in the FF upper with traffic still driving past, not one card I watched scanned, they were all done manually by the hand behind the scanner.

Hope they’re getting a refund from the company that provided these scanners and an explanation as to why they didn’t do any testing.

hibbyfraelibby
03-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Dont zoom as per posted instructions

hibbyfraelibby
03-08-2019, 07:52 PM

She might have a point. You turn up 10 minites before KO dont exoect to just walk in.

hibbyfraelibby
03-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Aye. No probs at turnstiles for us in FF but missed first 8 minutes because of delays at food kiosks. Almost 20 minutes to get served. Seemed to be a bit chaotic.

Let me ask you this. If you went to the cinema and the film was just starting would you go and stand in a queue for 20 minutes for a kiora and popcorn or would you just go watch the film?

Iggy Pope
03-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Let me ask you this. If you went to the cinema and the film was just starting would you go and stand in a queue for 20 minutes for a kiora and popcorn or would you just go watch the film?

:greengrin

tamig
03-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Very good. There were about 5 folk ahead of me in the queue. Very smart bud. Your response is flawed. Film “about to start”. I was there at 14:45. Get a grip.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2019, 09:38 PM
She might have a point. You turn up 10 minites before KO dont exoect to just walk in.

I don't expect to "just walk in" but what I do expect is some form of organisation, all the turnstiles to be open (which we were promised) and a fully functioning scanning device at each turnstile.

Once again though Hibs failed to deliver any of the above. You can blame the fans, but the whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster, whilst the continued silence from the club on the matter is deafening.

As someone mentioned on another thread, why would anyone turn up to Easter Road early when the whole matchday experience is as bad as it currently is?

Crap food, lack of entertainment outside stadium (kids etc), an incomprehensible PA system, and that's before I even start on the board's seeming unwillingness to engage in ideas for improving atmosphere (standing section etc).

I'm a season ticket holder of many years now, but I'm becoming more disillusioned with the entire matchday experience at Easter Road with each passing week, and it's bad enough that I'm already considering whether I can be bothered with it anymore.

I can't be the only one who feels like that, but then the only time the club engage with the support is when they want our money - beyond that it's the usual platitudes with little discernable difference.

My apologies for the rant, but this genuinely does annoy me as, done right, this could be an additional revenue stream for the club, and one that entices more fans to attend too.

marinello59
03-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Tomorrow:

Anyone need me for anything before the game I’ll keep an eye on my emails kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk ��

Lower West.
Queues formed before the normal 14:00 opening time so the fans did their bit. They finally opened around14:20. The guy in front of me watched his young grandchild go through on a paper ticket. His was initially accepted then before he could get in access was denied. The steward told him he had to go to the ticket office. After him and myself pointed out his grandson was through on his own he was allowed in.
My season ticket didn’t scan. Ok, only a couple of minutes delay before I got in but that time adds up, hence the long queues outside. I hesitate to use the word shambles but Hibs really do need to get this sorted before the next game.

The Pointer
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM
I'm usually chasing my tail to get through from Argyll but today was in loads of time so was really surprised to arrive at the East concourse at 2:05 to find folk waiting on the turnstiles to open. Back in the day turnstiles were open well before 2 so wondered why this was but they opened about 2:15.

For the first time I had my ticket on my phone so when I held it under the scanner I was really surprised to see young fingers with a scanner in the 'box' trying to angle my phone to get it. Quite spooky and funny in a way but got through quite quickly.

Technology has a habit of not being quite as good as tech people make out.

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Normally arrive about the time the warning siren is being sounded, but after the previous fiasco's decided to turn up early for the FF upper. Everyone went in with a manual scan in turnstile 29 which would say to me that they were tested and still not working. Shambles is an adequate word when you've screwed up 3 times on the trot.

Power
04-08-2019, 08:32 AM
I’ll certainly feed back that the process still isn’t smooth (I think the club will ken this).

As mentioned above the turnstiles were open 20minutes late because of a fire alarm.

oneone73
04-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Maybe one for KP, but are there plans to make the season ticket available to be added to Apple Wallet as the ones for the recent Betfred Cup games were ? Last season I scanned my ticket via StoCard and it worked a treat, but it didn't today with the season's one (admittedly I only had one go before using my actual season ticket.)

I tried the Stocard thing yesterday for the very first time. Worked fine. Had my ST with me just in case and probably always will have, which kinda negates the point, I guess

jeffers
04-08-2019, 08:57 AM
I tried the Stocard thing yesterday for the very first time. Worked fine. Had my ST with me just in case and probably always will have, which kinda negates the point, I guess

Cheers. I'll give it a go again at the next game, didn't want to spend much time yesterday and hold up anyone behind me in the queue. I re-read the letter I received with my season ticket and my understanding from that was they would be available as a mobile option, so was/am expecting to be able to add to my Apple wallet as I did with the Alloa ticket.

B.H.F.C
04-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Season ticket wouldn’t scan at all.

Phone didn’t scan particularly easily during the week. And when I had a paper ticket the week before it didn’t scan particularly easily.

The scanners just don’t work particularly well. Hibs should be asking for their money back.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-08-2019, 09:12 AM

Never used to be a problem...

H18 SFR
04-08-2019, 09:13 AM
I’ll certainly feed back that the process still isn’t smooth (I think the club will ken this).

As mentioned above the turnstiles were open 20minutes late because of a fire alarm.

I think describing it as "isn't smooth" could be slightly misleading, the situation is unacceptable, horrendous springs to mind.

Arch Stanton
04-08-2019, 09:15 AM
Guy in front took ages to get his print-at-home ticket to work. The steward told him to make sure the barcode was in the middle which he eventually managed to do by scrunching up the paper.

The notice about ticket scanning says to fold the printed ticket along the dotted lines which I reckon would work fine for the middle barcode (or whatever the new square code is called) but not for the codes at the top and bottom. If it was me I'd do without the top and bottom codes since you can't put A4 width into the scanner.

I'd also put clear instructions on the ticket and show how to fold it and how to insert it. (I hate that big picture in the middle anyway - it just wastes ink IMO.

The Captain....
04-08-2019, 09:30 AM
I get the feeling Hibs are trying very hard to downplay the obvious issues with the implementation and flawed functionality of the new scanners. The blame is being pushed onto supporters for either using the system incorrectly or turning up late..neither of which is the heart of the issue.

I appreciate Kierans efforts on this as he seems to be the one club representative taking it seriously. It doesn't help him tho when previously agreed contingencies are not provided as agreed..ie opening earlier and ensuring all turnstiles are open. Club officials blaming fans is also extremely unhelpful as Chorley experienced.

I dont think its unreasonable for fans to be concerned with the way this has been handled. Dempster has harped on about improving the matchday experience for.most of her tenure..well it's got worse..markedly so..no BTG..harder to get in to stadium..food kiosks poor quality for years and a rip off..a tannoy system that is very poor. The actions dont seem to tally with words imo.

H18 SFR
04-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I get the feeling Hibs are trying very hard to downplay the obvious issues with the implementation and flawed functionality of the new scanners. The blame is being pushed onto supporters for either using the system incorrectly or turning up late..neither of which is the heart of the issue.

I appreciate Kierans efforts on this as he seems to be the one club representative taking it seriously. It doesn't help him tho when previously agreed contingencies are not provided as agreed..ie opening earlier and ensuring all turnstiles are open. Club officials blaming fans is also extremely unhelpful as Chorley experienced.

I dont think its unreasonable for fans to be concerned with the way this has been handled. Dempster has harped on about improving the matchday experience for.most of her tenure..well it's got worse..markedly so..no BTG..harder to get in to stadium..food kiosks poor quality for years and a rip off..a tannoy system that is very poor. The actions dont seem to tally with words imo.

I agree with everything you've said, however is Kieran not a fans rep rather that a club rep. Maybe I'm confusing things needlessly.

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Nail on the head stuff here!

Get it sorted HIBS

The Captain....
04-08-2019, 09:36 AM
I agree with everything you've said, however is Kieran not a fans rep rather that a club rep. Maybe I'm confusing things needlessly.Your correct..no confusion and thanks for clarifying.

franks
04-08-2019, 09:36 AM
FFU arrived early on Saturday after missing the first 15mins of Tuesday's game because of the queues. Got in no bother but my card was hand scanned as were others. At least the club had taken action after Tuesday but the new scanners are still not working it would seem.

Chorley Hibee
04-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Summed it up more succinctly than I could mate, especially with reference to the supposed improvement of the matchday experience.

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Think there was a fire alarm, that delayed opening the turnstiles

Thats what I heard from a mate who works with G4S...some muppet smoking in the toilets.

Speedy
04-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Got in no bother with the hand scanner. Didn't attempt to use the main one, assumed it wasn't working at the time because there was a person there.

we are hibs
04-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Would have been nice if they told everyone standing outside that there was a fire alarm.

CockneyRebel
04-08-2019, 10:03 AM

How can a valid ST not scan via turnstyle or hand held scanner and then when issued with a match ticket to compensate for this, this ticket does not scan via either device. I arrived at 2:25 and just made kick off. The back up plan B is no better than plan A and it has gone on for some time now.

green day
04-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Guy in front took ages to get his print-at-home ticket to work. The steward told him to make sure the barcode was in the middle which he eventually managed to do by scrunching up the paper.

The notice about ticket scanning says to fold the printed ticket along the dotted lines which I reckon would work fine for the middle barcode (or whatever the new square code is called) but not for the codes at the top and bottom. If it was me I'd do without the top and bottom codes since you can't put A4 width into the scanner.

I'd also put clear instructions on the ticket and show how to fold it and how to insert it. (I hate that big picture in the middle anyway - it just wastes ink IMO.

Its a QR code, works better than a barcode, and integrates well with mobile phones.

Many phones have a QR scanner/app inbuilt these days, and if not you can get something like QR droid (for android, theres probs something similar for iphones).

This means you have a nailed on backup in the event you forget the ST, or a solid "paperless" option from any non ST purchases - also saving you printing the ticket, per your point above.

Although I used my ST yesterday, I have saved the QR code off my ST, and it is held in QR droid on my phone.

You dont need to do any "upgrading of picture quality" or "zooming in of barcode" as you did with the old system on mobiles - it just works.

As with any new tech, there will be glitches, teething troubles, but once it beds in I am sure it will be fine and paper tickets will all but disappear :aok:

yonder1875
04-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Waited 20 mins in a queue at outside the East and missed kick off after arriving outside the East at 2.45 which I have always done and never have a problem.

Why change this system if it was fine before?

Since90+2
04-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Waited 20 mins in a queue at outside the East and missed kick off after arriving outside the East at 2.45 which I have always done and never have a problem.

Why change this system if it was fine before?

Exactly. The old system was absolutely fine, I never had an issue with it.

nellio
04-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Season ticket wouldn’t scan at all.

Phone didn’t scan particularly easily during the week. And when I had a paper ticket the week before it didn’t scan particularly easily.

The scanners just don’t work particularly well. Hibs should be asking for their money back.

Same problem as me card wouldn't scan at all. Poor show.

CockneyRebel
04-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Its a QR code, works better than a barcode, and integrates well with mobile phones.

Many phones have a QR scanner/app inbuilt these days, and if not you can get something like QR droid (for android, theres probs something similar for iphones).

This means you have a nailed on backup in the event you forget the ST, or a solid "paperless" option from any non ST purchases - also saving you printing the ticket, per your point above.

Although I used my ST yesterday, I have saved the QR code off my ST, and it is held in QR droid on my phone.

You dont need to do any "upgrading of picture quality" or "zooming in of barcode" as you did with the old system on mobiles - it just works.

As with any new tech, there will be glitches, teething troubles, but once it beds in I am sure it will be fine and paper tickets will all but disappear :aok:

How long is an acceptable bedding in time? I seldom have cause to complain at ER but my experience yesterday left me fuming. How many times can these shambolic performances be put down to bedding in/teething troubles? It spoilt my whole match experience (until Scotty scored). I am now very concerned about the next home game.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Same problem as me card wouldn't scan at all. Poor show.

Mine didn’t initially when putting the end of the card on however it did with turning the card horizontally

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 10:22 AM
I still think the club needs to make an official acknowledgement of the ongoing problems which Kieran, in his role as fans rep, has made them very aware of.

They've had all summer to get the new system in and tested, yet there are still issues at the fourth home game of the season.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Kieran it’s not that the process “isn’t smooth”, it’s an absolute shambles. Chat of a fire alarm delaying the opening of the gates, what was the reason they have been delayed at all the other home games this season?

B.H.F.C
04-08-2019, 10:28 AM
I still think the club needs to make an official acknowledgement of the ongoing problems which Kieran, in his role as fans rep, has made them very aware of.

They've had all summer to get the new system in and tested, yet there are still issues at the fourth home game of the season.

Fair play to Kieran on this one, he’s doing what he can.

Don’t expect to hear anything further from the club on it though, Dempster tends not to address anything negative. Maybe I’ll be proved wrong on this one though, because it is really poor. Throw in the continuing issues with Ticketmaster as well.

Eyrie
04-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Fair play to Kieran on this one, he’s doing what he can.

Don’t expect to hear anything further from the club on it though, Dempster tends not to address anything negative. Maybe I’ll be proved wrong on this one though, because it is really poor. Throw in the continuing issues with Ticketmaster as well.

The negatives are exactly where the club needs to be proactive with a statement. It shows that they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it which will placate many of those affected, whilst those who want to criticise will do so anyway.

We had a situation at work recently where someone cocked up so we contacted the client concerned immediately to apologise and everything was fine. It would have been much trickier had we done nothing until we'd been contacted by an annoyed client.

Oscar T Grouch
04-08-2019, 10:41 AM

You’d think with new tech they’d maybe make the slot where your phone goes with the QR code on it, fit modern larger screen phones. Or at least fit all current phones. This really rips my knitting as there’s no reason to have a slot that small, a machine designed for use with phones should fit all phones. That isn’t a teething issue, that’s ill thought out design and that won’t improve as time passes.

Groathillgrump
04-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Of the four matches we've played at Easter Road this season the scanners have only worked once for me. Printed tickets from the ticket office for the Alloa and Arbroath games didn't work, access added to my ST card for the Newcastle game did work but yesterday when I tried the QR code on my mobile it had to be hand scanned by the human hand that appeared from below the scanner.

We appear to have gone from a system that seemed to work perfectly well for the majority of people to one that, at the moment, relies heavily on humans to get us through the turnstiles. It's like we've taken two steps back to having manned turnstiles.

Edit: Forgot to mention I sit in the West Upper South.

Chorley Hibee
04-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Kieran it’s not that the process “isn’t smooth”, it’s an absolute shambles. Chat of a fire alarm delaying the opening of the gates, what was the reason they have been delayed at all the other home games this season?

It's always just a list of excuses when it comes to Hibs taking responsibility on anything to do with the overall matchday experience. Pricing, ticketing, access, food etc, etc it's always someone else's fault.

04-08-2019, 12:10 PM

Does anyone know where the fire alarm was? Should a fire alarm in the East prevent people entering the West or vice versa? If a fire in one is a risk to safety in the other then should the alarms not be activated in all the stands? Also, I'd have thought the alarm should be loud enough to be heard by the fans waiting outside, did anyone hear it? Was the stand in question evacuated?

Not having a go at Kiran who's doing a great job keeping us informed.

jgl07
04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
I have somehow managed to avoid problems so far. It has all been very hit and miss and things could have been a lot worse.

I bought tickets at the pod for the Arbroath and Elgin matches and was inside before the start in both cases despite arriving with only five minutes to go. In both cases a exit door was opened and my tickets were hand scanned.

For the Newcastle match, the ticket was added to my season card and I went in the Lower Tier of the FF with a hand scanner despite my seat being in the Upper Tier. I missed the first five minutes due to a slow bus.

I am on holiday now and missed the St Mirren match. I hope that things are sorted out for the next home match.

lord bunberry
04-08-2019, 01:03 PM
You’d think with new tech they’d maybe make the slot where your phone goes with the QR code on it, fit modern larger screen phones. Or at least fit all current phones. This really rips my knitting as there’s no reason to have a slot that small, a machine designed for use with phones should fit all phones. That isn’t a teething issue, that’s ill thought out design and that won’t improve as time passes.
I’ve got a big phone and I had to slide the QR code done a bit on the screen to make it work.

Power
04-08-2019, 02:54 PM
I agree with everything you've said, however is Kieran not a fans rep rather that a club rep. Maybe I'm confusing things needlessly.

Definitely a fans representative, not the clubs.

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone, I’ve sent this and a few specific ticket incidents on. Tearing my hair oot at this - a couple of weeks to get it completely right.

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2019, 07:33 PM
I’ve got a big phone and I had to slide the QR code done a bit on the screen to make it work.

Some of those big poser phones are more properly descibed as tablets.

lord bunberry
05-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Some of those big poser phones are more properly descibed as tablets.
I prefer the bigger phone for work. It’s easier to see google maps on the bigger screen.

05-08-2019, 01:58 PM
I prefer the bigger phone for work. It’s easier to see google maps on the bigger screen.

Deliveroo?

NOLA
05-08-2019, 11:47 PM
I read that Kilmarnock are having similar problems, same operating system perhaps? If so very poor to have related failing issues affecting both clubs. Not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
06-08-2019, 03:20 AM
Deliveroo?
Taxis.

overdrive
06-08-2019, 06:41 AM
I read that Kilmarnock are having similar problems, same operating system perhaps? If so very poor to have related failing issues affecting both clubs. Not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the issue there seemed to be down to the The Rangers turning up with forged tickets.

hibbyfraelibby
06-08-2019, 09:04 AM

...but not for fitting it in under an ER scanner. Think I'll try my Chrome Book next game so I can complain it wouldnt fit.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2019, 09:49 AM
...but not for fitting it in under an ER scanner. Think I'll try my Chrome Book next game so I can complain it wouldnt fit.

I might go and get a different phone - it’ll cost me a few hundred to get out of my contract but at least it’ll be compliant with the new scanning system that can’t cope with new phones.

06-08-2019, 10:08 AM
I thought the issue there seemed to be down to the The Rangers turning up with forged tickets.

Or possibly sharing barcodes/qr codes and when it doesn't work for the 2nd person, pressuring stewards to let them in by kicking up a fuss. Bit concerned this happens when they come to us. Extra police maybe required at the away turnstiles.

GreenCastle
06-08-2019, 10:12 AM
So what if child goes to the match with a OAP?

Every week my uncle who has an OAP ticket has to walk further and enter via a separate turnstile to my adult ticket in the East.

Do others have similar issues or does every turnstile accept every card ?

green day
06-08-2019, 12:05 PM

What phone? Is it massive?

Not being funny but my Motorola is bigger than the largest iPhone (157 X 77) and fits no problem.

Drumlanrig
06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
I was working at the local park run on Saturday recording finishers times from their bar codes. (many of them printed on damp bits of paper)
Of 300 sweaty runners I only had one bar code fail to read in the scanner (an old phone with a scanning app).

Up town on saturday couple of pints in Robbies and off to the game in good time. Of the dozen guys in front of me every single one failed the reader and the steward had to let us in!

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Are you blaming folk for the size of their phones rather than the company that installed scanners too wee to handle a lot of modern handsets?

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Are you blaming folk for the size of their phones rather than the company that installed scanners too wee to handle a lot of modern handsets?

No merely pointing out that some of what some people are trying to use as phones are actually classed as tablets due to their screen size (and functionaity). You can make a phone call on a PC too but you wouldn't try to use it to scan your eticket.

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 05:27 PM

How wide are the scanners?

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2019, 06:14 PM
How wide are the scanners?

It’s not just the width of them, it’s the lack of depth for fitting some bigger phones in far enough to scan your QR code

green day
07-08-2019, 06:22 PM
It’s not just the width of them, it’s the lack of depth for fitting some bigger phones in far enough to scan your QR code

Which phone?

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Which phone?

iPhone XS is the biggest apple phone at 6.5” display. What size is the scanner and does it fit?

Keith_M
07-08-2019, 06:30 PM

OK, got you

:aok:

green day
07-08-2019, 06:33 PM
iPhone XS is the biggest apple phone at 6.5” display. What size is the scanner and does it fit?

Iphone XS Max is the largest, iirc?

It is 157.5 x 77.4 mm

This is pretty much the same size as my motorola - which fits ok.

Maybe its not iphones that are the problem?

eta - as someone above says, its maybe not the "dimension" but maybe where a code appears on the phone screen?

When I placed my ST in on Saturday, I had to push it quite far up to get the "Go"

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Iphone XS Max is the largest, iirc?

It is 157.5 x 77.4 mm

This is pretty much the same size as my motorola - which fits ok.

Maybe its not iphones that are the problem?

Aye the Max according to google. Doesn’t sound like it is the phones.

Mind you i put my season ticket in on Saturday - that fits no problem but still the machine didn’t like it the first couple of times.

lord bunberry
07-08-2019, 07:28 PM
What phone? Is it massive?

Not being funny but my Motorola is bigger than the largest iPhone (157 X 77) and fits no problem.
iPhone XS Max.