PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MARTIN BOYLE UPDATE

RSS Bot
30-07-2019, 05:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10158)

Bob Box Fish
30-07-2019, 05:31 PM
Good luck with a speedy recovery gutted for the man. Hibs will need to at least get someone in on loan to cover, squad already thin on quality.

04Sauzee

All the best Martin Boyle, chin up and come back even stronger

wallpaperman
Damn, as feared.

Got to plan forward that he may never be the same again.

green day
Pish news, but backs up what some had already posted on here.

Hopefully he can get back this season.

****** aussies...............

SMAXXA
Ffs back into the market we need to go now

HoboHarry
Very sorry to hear that, wish him every success on his recovery...

we are hibs
30-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Thats a really really bad blow for him and us. We must sign a winger now.

KDY Hibs
30-07-2019, 05:36 PM

Gutted for him, wishing him a speedy recovery....

The 90+2
30-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Good luck Squirrel on your long way back. Its dark the now but you’ll get there 👍

MWHIBBIES
30-07-2019, 05:37 PM
That is really rough, serious bad luck for him. He'll come back better than ever.

RossScott1991
30-07-2019, 05:38 PM
There goes the pace in our team again. Need a speedy winger ASAP imo, otherwise we will just face the same problems of last season especially away from home where we have next to nothing on the counter attack

Bangkok Hibby
30-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Ah crap! What we feared but hoped against. Speedy recovery son, we need you.

neil7908
30-07-2019, 05:40 PM
FFS, terrible news. Definitely need another winger now.

Borderhibbie76
30-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Gutted at this news and so sad for Boyle

We best get back into the transfer market pronto and get at least a loan signing in to cover this...doubtful we will see much of Squirrel at all before Xmas anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
30-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Awful news and a tough road back for him now.

All the very best to him, for an unheralded arrival he has proven to be a very astute signing.

Bristolhibby
30-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Terrible news.

I’m no physio, anyone on here if his return could have been rushed? Or is it just a freak occurrence? Or are you more succeptable to these injuries, once you have them once?

J

Pretty Boy
30-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Terrible news.

I’m no physio, anyone on here if his return could have been rushed? Or is it just a freak occurrence? Or are you more succeptable to these injuries, once you have them once?

J

I'd be shocked if Hibs rushed Boyle back.

Hibs were being very careful with the recovery of both Boyle and Porteous. Just bad luck.

wookie70
30-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Terrible news for Boyler and Hibs. Collum has to take some responsibility as he was allowing Elgin players to leave the boot in without action and that led to them fouling when a player got away from his man

Keith_M
30-07-2019, 05:51 PM
"...likely to be out of action for the foreseeable future"

Jeez, if it wisnae for bad luck, we would have nae luck at all.

:rolleyes:

Wull
30-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Sad news indeed, all the best for a complete recovery Martin, we gonna miss you.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Just dreadful news for Boyler and Hibs
Just make sure you comeback fitter and stronger Martin!

SquashedFrogg
30-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Awful news and a tough road back for him now.

All the very best to him, for an unheralded arrival he has proven to be a very astute signing.

Perfect example of how hard work and endeavour can bring out the best of a footballer.

Impossible not to feel for the guy.

Smartie
30-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Terrible news for the player and club.

I can't help but fear the worst when a player breaks down with the same injury so early in his recovery.

Not sure why people are blaming the tackle from the Elgin player, when watching the incident it looked like his knee gave way after the challenge when the player was spun - this kind of thing happens many times a game in a contact sport and tbh he could have done it with nobody near him.

Duncan Watmore has had a long way back after having to recover twice from the same injury. By all accounts he's still as quick as he was, but the end product that would have had a better chance of improving through playing a hundred or so games over the past few years has not.

Lago
30-07-2019, 06:17 PM
You wonder if he will ever be the player he was prior to the initial injury, anyway best wishes for a successful recovery.

Turnbullsmate
30-07-2019, 06:18 PM
"...likely to be out of action for the foreseeable future"

Jeez, if it wisnae for bad luck, we would have nae luck at all.

:rolleyes:

Born under a bad sign.... :not worth:not worth

Bishop Hibee
30-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Terrible news. All the best to Boyle with the recovery. We need a replacement in before the window closes.

penihibs
30-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Shocker, was really looking forward to watching you in the green again.
Speedy recovery.

Oscar T Grouch
30-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Gutted for Martin, here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

Diclonius
30-07-2019, 06:33 PM
I think we'll put Murray out wide in the meantime. Gutted for Boyle.

JohnMcM
Squirrel, totally gutted for you.

Head up Martin, stare into that long tunnel back to recovery and keep focussed on the light at the end of it.

Keep in mind we are all rooting for you.

:flag:

Carheenlea
Had hoped for some positive news given that he walked off the pitch on Friday night, but this is really disappointing.

Hibee Mac
30-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Dreadful news, only positive is that we still have time to address it in the transfer market.

Sounds grim but the realist in me would say surely Hibs need to work on the assumption that he will not be back to his old self again any time remotely soon/ever... I.E sign a long term replacement asap.

Am I being too pessimistic?...

Turnbullsmate
30-07-2019, 06:37 PM
I think we'll put Murray out wide in the meantime. Gutted for Boyle.

Horgan maybe ? mackie and Newell on the left seem to fit

Turnbullsmate
30-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Dreadful news, only positive is that we still have time to address it in the transfer market.

Sounds grim but the realist in me would say surely Hibs need to work on the assumption that he will not be back to his old self again any time remotely soon/ever... I.E sign a long term replacement asap.

No..more realistic...if Horgan or Newell get injured we are Donald ducked.... ironically we are all screaming out for a striker but Boyles injury highlights a weakness in our squad as in lack of wide players

Big_Franck
30-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Terrible news, still don't understand the need to bring him on on that brutal plastic pitch in a game that was already won. Might be clutching at straws here but as he was able to walk off, and wasn't stretchered off in agony, I'm hoping it isn't quite as bad as the first one.

For me we still needed another winger, or forward with pace, before Boyle's injury. We need two now IMO. Looking at our bench tonight we are very light on width and pace.

H18 SFR
30-07-2019, 07:07 PM

Not at all, very sensible forward planning.

crash
31-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Bad news for the boy.
Hope he recovers well.

I hope we have received ample compensation from the Australian FA for this, think they should be picking up the tab for medical costs if it is the same ligament/cartilage.

Onion
31-07-2019, 07:39 AM
Terrible news and no timescale for his return.

Need our new owner to free up funds to replace Boyle for the coming season. This is exactly the kind of situation where our new financial power is designed to support. Only positive is that the transfer window is still open.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-07-2019, 08:04 AM
I wonder if the foreseeable future means the whole season? Really missed him for his pace up front and also as a way out when we were being hemmed in.

heretoday
31-07-2019, 08:17 AM
"Until 2020" they say.

He's finished I'd say.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2019, 08:27 AM
I said that when he was picked for Australia that whilst I was pleased for MB on a personal level, I'd rather not have the risks involved from the additional games and long travel. I'm really sorry it's worked out this way for him, he's a huge loss for us.

Keith_M
31-07-2019, 08:33 AM

No, just practical.

We need to sign a replacement ASAP

matty_f
31-07-2019, 08:35 AM
That's a real shame for Boyle and a real blow for the side. I think we definitely need to bring in cover for him - Boyle gives the team so much more than just his pace, and we definitely lose something when he doesn't play.

SquashedFrogg
31-07-2019, 08:35 AM
I said that when he was picked for Australia that whilst I was pleased for MB on a personal level, I'd rather not have the risks involved from the additional games and long travel. I'm really sorry it's worked out this way for him, he's a huge loss for us.

I'd rather have international level players at Hibs. Just one of these unfortunate things.

Robbo6-2
06-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Operation being described as a tidy up on official Twitter.

Maybe not as bad as first feared

JohnMcM
06-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Operation being described as a tidy up on official Twitter.

Maybe not as bad as first feared

For him, for the team and for us, I hope this is accurate.

Golden Bear
06-08-2019, 04:55 PM
For him, for the team and for us, I hope this is accurate.

Cleaning up "floating particles " from the original op according to last week's Press. The articles also stated that he could be back as early as October.

Marvellous
06-08-2019, 09:07 PM
I have this sore bit at the back of my left knee, what do you think?

"Sore bit" you say?

Osteoporosis I say.

Col2
06-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Cleaning up "floating particles " from the original op according to last week's Press. The articles also stated that he could be back as early as October.

Any link to these articles?

EI255
07-08-2019, 01:34 PM
What happened to the knee? ACL?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
07-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Cleaning up "floating particles " from the original op according to last week's Press. The articles also stated that he could be back as early as October.If its medial fine, ACL tear, different story completely. Especially if it's a reoccurrence. Time will tell, but his football future could well be dodgy if its a twice torn ACL. Not good.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2019, 01:41 PM
If its medial fine, ACL tear, different story completely. Especially if it's a reoccurrence. Time will tell, but his football future could well be dodgy if its a twice torn ACL. Not good.

I’m sure it wasn’t ACL, would have been out a lot longer than 5 months or so