PDA

View Full Version : Away game ticket prices - when is enough is enough for you?

Antifa Hibs
30-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Just speaking to a Sevco supporting workmate and he's just paid £34 for Hertz away. Also told me Ibrox season tickets went up 8-11% and walk-ups also that percentage so we're looking at £33-£35 for Ibrox in a couple of weeks according to him. Celtic are charging their own fans £30 for St Johnstone at home so we'll be at least that if not a few quid more and I guess there's a few others that will be nearer £30 such as Aberdeen etc.

Anyone have a limit in which they'll bail oot? Always told myself it was £30 but i've paid that several times before so that's not happening. Maybe £40..? Either way our prices are fast becoming a tad ridiculous.

hibbyfraelibby
30-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Just speaking to a Sevco supporting workmate and he's just paid £34 for Hertz away. Also told me Ibrox season tickets went up 8-11% and walk-ups also that percentage so we're looking at £33-£35 for Ibrox in a couple of weeks according to him. Celtic are charging their own fans £30 for St Johnstone at home so we'll be at least that if not a few quid more and I guess there's a few others that will be nearer £30 such as Aberdeen etc.

Anyone have a limit in which they'll bail oot? Always told myself it was £30 but i've paid that several times before so that's not happening. Maybe £30..? Either way our prices are fast becoming a tad ridiculous.

League rules are that you cannot charge more than the equivalent price applied to home supporters for equivalent seats

King Cosell
30-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Just been on Hearts website. Gorgie & Roseburn upper tickets £34 for Rangers & Celtic. So, obvs, £34 for us. Shocking.

Brooster
30-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Something needs done about this extravagant pricing. There's a £30 ceiling for away fans in the English Premier league I'm sure. Should be £20 here.

hibbyfraelibby
30-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Just been on Hearts website. Gorgie & Roseburn upper tickets £34 for Rangers & Celtic. So, obvs, £34 for us. Shocking.

Gorgie and Roseburn Upper? They putting fans on the roof of their single tier bus shelter then?

30-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Charging away fans more than home fans for the same standard of seats is taking the p*ss, I hope we don't do it.

Since452
I wouldn't pay over 30 quid unless it was a cup final

HibeeHibernian4
£20 should be the maximum. £25 at a push could be justified for category A away games. Really clubs should be looking to get as many away fans through the door as possible, so £10-15 would be much better.

iwasthere1972
30-07-2019, 11:44 AM
I remember Romanov charged us £34 for a seat in their scabby Roseburn stand in 2008. It was almost worth it in the end as we won 1-0. Think I've still got the ticket somewhere.

GreenCastle
30-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Scottish football is massively overpriced.

I don't see a season ticket as value for money BUT I do see it as a membership to support Hibs and keep the club growing / developing in the community.

England started the £30 cap in 2016 and in Feb 2019 agreed to continue it for 3 more seasons!!

Premier League clubs have today unanimously agreed to continue the £30 cap on away ticket prices for the next three seasons. All clubs know the crucial importance of away fans in generating the best possible atmosphere at matches and recognise the additional travel costs often involved when following a team away from home.The £30 away ticket cap was introduced in the 2016/17 season after the successful implementation of the Premier League Away Supporters’ Initiative, where clubs provided a range of measures for their away fans.For the last four consecutive seasons, Premier League crowds have reached record levels with 96 per cent of tickets sold.This is testament to the compelling football and dedication of fans, and the League is committed to maintaining these high attendances.

Hearts and Scottish football need to have a word with themselves - this isn't on - let alone costing more than the EPL where the level of player is higher.

Even the friendly costs are a joke - Hibs are charging £15 to watch tonight for Newcastle fans and Hibs fans - Newcastle friendly v St Etienne this weekend is £10 and £5.

Onceinawhile
30-07-2019, 11:52 AM
There's really no point in comparing England with their £1b tv deal and Scottish clubs with our £18m tv deal.

For scottish clubs, money through the gate is massive, whereas for English teams it means nothing. We can't unfortunately afford to cap prices, especially not at £20.

That's not to say btw, that the prices aren't ridiculous, but people are paying them, so why would clubs change?

Frazerbob
30-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Something needs done about this extravagant pricing. There's a £30 ceiling for away fans in the English Premier league I'm sure. Should be £20 here.

Was there not a ‘twenty’s plenty’ campaign in England a couple of years ago, capping away tickets at £20? May have been the Championship.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2019, 12:10 PM
League rules are that you cannot charge more than the equivalent price applied to home supporters for equivalent seats

Are you sure? My mate was saying that the tickets for Ibrox are going to be £35+ (I think) and that they can charge that cos they charge home fans that in the main stand - not in the corner behind the goals.

hibbyfraelibby
30-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Are you sure? My mate was saying that the tickets for Ibrox are going to be £35+ (I think) and that they can charge that cos they charge home fans that in the main stand - not in the corner behind the goals.

...because no-one has the bollocks to challenge them?

Newhaven
30-07-2019, 12:25 PM
It’s an emotive issue but for me teams that don’t care a jot about the away fans and treat them worse than animals - looking at you aberdeen - should be boycotted

Wembley67
30-07-2019, 12:29 PM
How are tickets prices to be 'capped' when costs of everything else to stage a match goes up? The clubs have to make money to enhance their squads, if the money isn't made then no players are added and lo and behold more moaning fans about lack of investment :wink:

Aim Here
30-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Rule I31 of the SFL Rulebook:

"Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accomodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.

Rule I32 relates to season ticket and concession discounts - visiting fans don't get the season-ticket rate for a game, that sort of thing.

Keith_M
30-07-2019, 12:38 PM
I didn't really enjoy my last couple of visits to Ibrox and Parkhead, so I won't be in a hurry to pay their overinflated prices this season.

I do think the SPFL should grow a pair and clamp down on the ever increasing prices, though.

£35 quid for behind the goals at Tynecastle
£24-28 quid for a restricted view or uncovered seat at Pittodrie.
£28 for a ridiculously restricted view of the pitch at Parkhead

Yir havin a laugh!

Keith_M
30-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Was there not a ‘twenty’s plenty’ campaign in England a couple of years ago, capping away tickets at £20? May have been the Championship.

That was for the English Premier but they settled for £30.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Rule I31 of the SFL Rulebook:

"Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accomodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.

Rule I32 relates to season ticket and concession discounts - visiting fans don't get the season-ticket rate for a game, that sort of thing.

Cheers. Are the tickets for Ibrox our yet? Will be interesting to see what their view on “broadly comparable” is.

Keith_M
30-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Cheers. Are the tickets for Ibrox our yet? Will be interesting to see what their view on “broadly comparable” is.

As they have an exact equivalent of the away fan's corner in the home end, it shouldn't be too difficult for them to work that out.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2019, 12:49 PM
As they have an exact equivalent of the away fan's corner in the home end, it shouldn't be too difficult for them to work that out.

It shouldn’t be - just based on what I was told though it seems it’s expected to be more expensive than that corner.

Keith_M
30-07-2019, 12:55 PM
It shouldn’t be - just based on what I was told though it seems it’s expected to be more expensive than that corner.

Yep, they really know how to bend the rules and get away with it.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Rumours that Rangers away tickets will be priced at £37 for an adult.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2019, 06:24 PM

That's Scandalous but I'll pay it. That's probably a huge part of the problem right there.

HibbyAndy
30-07-2019, 06:25 PM
That's Scandalous but I'll pay it. That's probably a huge part of the problem right there.

Snap , Just no buy any food in the ground to compensate the hike

Carheenlea
30-07-2019, 06:38 PM

Probably in the same boat - Yes, pay it then moan about it to anyone who cares to listen. It’ll tip a few over the line into opting not to go, but most will still stump up to see Hibs at Ibrox.

lyonhibs
30-07-2019, 07:44 PM
I remember Romanov charged us £34 for a seat in their scabby Roseburn stand in 2008. It was almost worth it in the end as we won 1-0. Think I've still got the ticket somewhere.

Vastly underpriced as I remember it :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2019, 08:22 PM

That’s what I heard as well - be interesting to see considering the rules quoted above.

Jones28
30-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Gorgie and Roseburn Upper? They putting fans on the roof of their single tier bus shelter then?

They kid on the bit above the concourse is an upper tier and the bit below is lower.

Hibernia&Alba
30-07-2019, 09:40 PM

If that's the case, then I can answer the OP's question: this is where I say enough. We always get charged a bit more for the Old Firm and Hearts; I have no problem with that, but 37 quid is too far. I won't pay it for a standard league match. They are cheeky tramps.

GreenCastle
30-07-2019, 09:42 PM
There's really no point in comparing England with their £1b tv deal and Scottish clubs with our £18m tv deal.

For scottish clubs, money through the gate is massive, whereas for English teams it means nothing. We can't unfortunately afford to cap prices, especially not at £20.

That's not to say btw, that the prices aren't ridiculous, but people are paying them, so why would clubs change?

I didn’t attend some away games last season as some of the prices were ridiculous when you add in travel costs.

Cup finals maybe slightly different but still these high prices don’t sit well with me.